• Threads: 121
Thanked by
odiousgambit
February 27th, 2024 at 1:21:28 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

another one of those nice days at DK today

hard to hate clash on the court too
link to original post

Don’t also forget the Curry/Doncic/Tatum combining for 12 ‘3’s at even money. Fair line seems o/u 12.5. So you are getting even money on over 11.5, not over 12.5. Probably 10-20% +EV.

I’m picking Curry for 1st 3. I hate myself when I pick anyone else and lose. If I had to pick two guys I’m loving DiVincenzo.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
February 27th, 2024 at 1:22:53 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

link to original post

Don’t also forget the Curry/Doncic/Tatum combining for 12 ‘3’s at even money. Fair line seems o/u 12.5. So you are getting even money on over 11.5, not over 12.5. Probably 10-20% +EV.

I’m picking Curry for 1st 3. I hate myself when I pick anyone else and lose. If I had to pick two guys I’m loving DiVincenzo.
link to original post

Soopoo, I need a two leg same game hockey parlay today for a free bet. I know you follow it closer than I do. Thanks.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
February 27th, 2024 at 1:38:23 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

link to original post

link to original post

Soopoo, I need a two leg same game hockey parlay today for a free bet. I know you follow it closer than I do. Thanks.
link to original post

Tell me WHY you had to bet a two game hockey parlay!? Are there any odds limits?

I like the Sabres to lose. I was at last game and they got very lucky. So without any knowledge of what you are trying to do, I’d go Panthers/ under 6.5 total goals. It’s total +150.

As I’ve said many times, I’m no better than a coin toss on just picking these things!
DRich
DRich
February 27th, 2024 at 1:53:03 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Tell me WHY you had to bet a two game hockey parlay!? Are there any odds limits?

I like the Sabres to lose. I was at last game and they got very lucky. So without any knowledge of what you are trying to do, I’d go Panthers/ under 6.5 total goals. It’s total +150.

As I’ve said many times, I’m no better than a coin toss on just picking these things!
link to original post

It is the promo today. Same game hockey parlay only for a free bet if it loses. I got +145 on Panthers and under. Thank you
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
February 27th, 2024 at 2:15:10 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

It is the promo today. Same game hockey parlay only for a free bet if it loses. I got +145 on Panthers and under. Thank you
link to original post

It’s not the worst bet you can make. But knowing you get a free bet attached on a loss I would have suggested more of a long shot. I think I would have done under 5.5 getting you to around +280 or so.
DRich
DRich
February 27th, 2024 at 2:25:07 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

It’s not the worst bet you can make. But knowing you get a free bet attached on a loss I would have suggested more of a long shot. I think I would have done under 5.5 getting you to around +280 or so.
link to original post

I was struggling with under 6.5 because I like the Panthers offense. I might try to watch the first period or two before I fall asleep.
TaxrBux
TaxrBux
  • Threads: 0
February 27th, 2024 at 9:15:15 PM permalink
For bonus bets, I always do a matched bet with the bonus bet on a big underdog and the hedge on the favorite. I can usually find a 65% return on the bonus amount, which is a little lower than the EV of the underdog bet by itself, but is guaranteed.

DK voided my first 3 bet tonight for some reason. It was Herro in the Miami/Portland game. They didn't void my parlay insurance SGP on the same game, so not sure what happened.
DRich
DRich
February 28th, 2024 at 5:27:15 AM permalink

Your many hours of analysis and study on this matchup paid off for me. Thank you. I will gladly buy you a coffee the next time we see each other.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
February 28th, 2024 at 12:26:09 PM permalink

Your many hours of analysis and study on this matchup paid off for me. Thank you. I will gladly buy you a coffee the next time we see each other.
link to original post

. Seems like you are always buying me coffee!?!

I love FD boost today. LBJ, Davis and Leonard all to score 20 at +200. I think fair odds (really a guess) is maybe +120? I can’t even find a site where I can get odds on any one of them to score less than 19.5.
I have another one with them all scoring 25. +550. Probably -EV.
One other good bet today is both Sabonis and Jokic to get 40. PRA. +120. 40 seems like a really low number for Jokic, and mildly low for Sabonis. Feel like it should be -110 or so.
DRich
DRich
February 28th, 2024 at 12:28:37 PM permalink

Seems like you are always buying me coffee!?!

Keep giving me winners and maybe I will buy you a house in Naples.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
February 29th, 2024 at 6:44:07 AM permalink

link to original post

. Seems like you are always buying me coffee!?!

I love FD boost today. LBJ, Davis and Leonard all to score 20 at +200. I think fair odds (really a guess) is maybe +120? I can’t even find a site where I can get odds on any one of them to score less than 19.5.
I have another one with them all scoring 25. +550. Probably -EV.
One other good bet today is both Sabonis and Jokic to get 40. PRA. +120. 40 seems like a really low number for Jokic, and mildly low for Sabonis. Feel like it should be -110 or so.
link to original post

The +200 one hit. Davis just made 20 in last few minutes. FD let me bet $50 so it was $100 to make up for 4 $25 ‘coin flip’ losses!

Finally had a ‘good beat’. Needed 4 leg NHL parlay but only two games. Rangers/O 4.5 Oilers/O4.5
Few minutes to go in Rangers game they were up 2-1. Two late (probably empty net?) goals get it to 4-1.
Oilers down 2-0 come back to win 3-2 in OT.

My ‘coin flip’ NCAA BB. games are on an unbelievably bad streak. Bets I should win 1 out of 4 I think I’m around 2-18 last 20.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
February 29th, 2024 at 9:36:33 AM permalink
it's another one of those days!

$10?

don't miss this one!
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Thanked by
odiousgambit
February 29th, 2024 at 10:09:26 AM permalink

$10?

don't miss this one!
link to original post

My offer is $2 free bet per made 3, but still have to bet $50. I will do coin flip between Curry and DiVincenzo.

Coin picked DiVincenzo.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
February 29th, 2024 at 7:47:41 PM permalink

$10?

don't miss this one!
link to original post

My offer is $2 free bet per made 3, but still have to bet $50. I will do coin flip between Curry and DiVincenzo.

Coin picked DiVincenzo.
link to original post

I need to flip coins better….

So rare bit of luck today. Need Rune to win in straight sets to complete nice parlay. So after he just won first set I was looking to hedge on opponent to win 2nd set. The odds were wildly different on different sites. Got +180 on opponent, but then saw -162 on Rune. I kept betting until Rune changed to -200. So a few free dollars and what looks like -EV action on two different sites.
I love this stuff.
DRich
DRich
March 1st, 2024 at 5:26:11 AM permalink

\

So rare bit of luck today. Need Rune to win in straight sets to complete nice parlay. So after he just won first set I was looking to hedge on opponent to win 2nd set. The odds were wildly different on different sites. Got +180 on opponent, but then saw -162 on Rune. I kept betting until Rune changed to -200. So a few free dollars and what looks like -EV action on two different sites.
I love this stuff.

I love that you are doing this type of betting and arbitrage. To see you progress from a "casual" bettor to a skilled AP makes me happy.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 1st, 2024 at 6:55:18 AM permalink

\

I love this stuff.

I love that you are doing this type of betting and arbitrage. To see you progress from a "casual" bettor to a skilled AP makes me happy.
link to original post

I really was never a ‘casual (sports) bettor’ before the legal online books became available to me.

The opportunity got me very interested. I have little knowledge about the ins and outs of computers/programs/capabilities…. but….
Can a program be made to CONTINUOUSLY look for such things?
Meaning have every bet that has two sides analyzed for such an opportunity?
I have no idea how often an opportunity like last night happens. but I was just looking by happenstance.
Are there a few/dozens/hundreds/thousands of instances a day? The one last night lasted less than a minute.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
March 1st, 2024 at 8:42:36 AM permalink
very interesting betting live on a Norwegian hockey game yesterday ... last place team in a league was tied 1:1 way into the first period with the second place team. Oddsmaker just could not believe the situation wasn't going to turn around instantly and I almost got a bet down +5.5 pts on the underdog... I did get +4.5 pts a @+140. I also got +2200 or so [I forget] on the line bet and then later the underdog was ahead 3:2 in the second period. I cashed out the line bet for a nice profit [I figured the favorite would eventually win, and it did] while the +4.5 held up and paid . Did not bet big though, chickened out.

it was kind of an obvious opportunity [not risk free] and sure a lot of fun
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 1st, 2024 at 11:03:31 AM permalink

very interesting betting live on a Norwegian hockey game yesterday ... last place team in a league was tied 1:1 way into the first period with the second place team. Oddsmaker just could not believe the situation wasn't going to turn around instantly and I almost got a bet down +5.5 pts on the underdog... I did get +4.5 pts a @+140. I also got +2200 or so [I forget] on the line bet and then later the underdog was ahead 3:2 in the second period. I cashed out the line bet for a nice profit [I figured the favorite would eventually win, and it did] while the +4.5 held up and paid . Did not bet big though, chickened out.

it was kind of an obvious opportunity [not risk free] and sure a lot of fun
link to original post

Good work. But JUST from the info you provided, no way for us to tell whether you actually took advantage of a +EV opportunity or you just won a random bet. By the way, if it’s hockey, it’s goals, not points!
Last edited by: SOOPOO on Mar 1, 2024
Mental
Mental
  • Threads: 13
March 1st, 2024 at 11:04:49 AM permalink

\

I love this stuff.

link to original post

I really was never a ‘casual (sports) bettor’ before the legal online books became available to me.

The opportunity got me very interested. I have little knowledge about the ins and outs of computers/programs/capabilities…. but….
I have no idea how often an opportunity like last night happens. but I was just looking by happenstance.
Are there a few/dozens/hundreds/thousands of instances a day? The one last night lasted less than a minute.
link to original post

You might want to look up 'screen scrapers' and 'How do you scrape without getting banned'. Sports sites like Unabated will give you the best current line each way, but I don't know how often they scrape the sports books. The data they give nonsubscribers might be too stale for your purposes.

I am not allowed to have some screen-scraping tools installed on my computer. The online sites will detect them and block me from playing, even if the programs are not running. I have found permitted software that can take screen shots. Since this does not interact with the browser directly, none of the tools that detect screen scraping seem to notice this. I process the screen shots with OCR software I wrote myself for specific sites. For simple odds data, I would think off-the shelf OCR software would work to convert the teams and odds to text. But it would still require a lot of software to turn this text data into alerts.

I am fairly certain that there are software packages that you could buy that would do what you are asking, but they might come at a steep cost. If you are going to do this full time, I think you should buy the data feeds from a provider who also provides analysis tools for situations like you mentioned.

Or you could ask Billy Walters for a job.
This forum is more enjoyable after I learned how to use the 'Block this user' button.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 1st, 2024 at 11:32:52 AM permalink
Quote: Mental

\

I love this stuff.

link to original post

link to original post

You might want to look up 'screen scrapers' and 'How do you scrape without getting banned'. Sports sites like Unabated will give you the best current line each way, but I don't know how often they scrape the sports books. The data they give nonsubscribers might be too stale for your purposes.

I am not allowed to have some screen-scraping tools installed on my computer. The online sites will detect them and block me from playing, even if the programs are not running. I have found permitted software that can take screen shots. Since this does not interact with the browser directly, none of the tools that detect screen scraping seem to notice this. I process the screen shots with OCR software I wrote myself for specific sites. For simple odds data, I would think off-the shelf OCR software would work to convert the teams and odds to text. But it would still require a lot of software to turn this text data into alerts.

I am fairly certain that there are software packages that you could buy that would do what you are asking, but they might come at a steep cost. If you are going to do this full time, I think you should buy the data feeds from a provider who also provides analysis tools for situations like you mentioned.

Or you could ask Billy Walters for a job.
link to original post

Thank you. The sites you mention are not what I am looking for (I think?). I am interested in (mostly) live bets. I think the chances for ‘opportunities’ with live bets are logarithmically greater than simple pre game lines.
One of my sons is a computer programmer, and I think I have piqued his interest. He started using acronyms like ‘API’ and told him to stop, and if he comes up with anything potentially useful to show me!
Mental
Mental
  • Threads: 13
March 1st, 2024 at 11:53:18 AM permalink
If you are looking at one live event rather than the whole universe, the task is easier. But speed is of the essence. You could spot an opportunity and make a bet within one second with a simple python script. Then the sports book rejects your bet because they already see that they are on the wrong side of a bunch of bets coming in from other scripts.

I suggest using python scripts since your son is probably familiar with python. I find the free command-line tools from NirSoft are really useful for grabbing text from web pages. User Interface Automated Testing Tools would be better but are generally not free. Running Puppeteer in Headless Chrome is a really great free option unless your site blocks it. All the online gaming sites block it, so I think the Sports Books would also block Puppeteer.
This forum is more enjoyable after I learned how to use the 'Block this user' button.
DRich
DRich
March 1st, 2024 at 12:27:00 PM permalink

Thank you. The sites you mention are not what I am looking for (I think?). I am interested in (mostly) live bets. I think the chances for ‘opportunities’ with live bets are logarithmically greater than simple pre game lines.
One of my sons is a computer programmer, and I think I have piqued his interest. He started using acronyms like ‘API’ and told him to stop, and if he comes up with anything potentially useful to show me!

Yes, it could definitely be done and is not terribly hard. The hard part is getting away with it over time. As an earlier poster mentioned there are commercial screen scrapers that could be modified to do exactly what you want. The problem is the commercial sites will be programmed to detect them. If you have your own private one you could definitely get away with it longer.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
March 1st, 2024 at 3:40:55 PM permalink

Good work. But JUST from the info you provided, no way for us to tell whether you actually took advantage of a +EV opportunity or you just won a random bet.

oh, it was what it seemed to me, but certainly it could be true the oddsmaker was right all along and just was unlucky. My judgement was, he was too reluctant to adjust. Can't prove it but I hear my old man saying "you can't argue with success" ha ha
Quote:

By the way, if it’s hockey, it’s goals, not points!
link to original post

now that is being a stickler. I should have said "on the puckline" .... damn it! screwed up my post!
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
March 2nd, 2024 at 12:24:30 PM permalink
time for Soopoo to shake his head again?

well I have to go along with it ... Winnipeg jets were behind 3-0 at the start of the 3rd period and the moneyline* live was +2500 for them to win. I thought that was a little generous and took a chance on it. Then I thought 'that was dumb' I should have looked at the payout for a tie in regulation instead, much more likely and possibly generous too. Impulsive bet. yep SMH time

Darned if the Jets didn't do a great comeback and win ! Better to be lucky than good they say ... it's a case of that

* have to get terminology right or the stickler will get me
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
March 2nd, 2024 at 12:38:53 PM permalink
to be less hard on myself, I was looking at early cashout ... this might even be worth pondering as +EV

the Jets were slight underdogs. What were the chances the Hurricanes would dominate them in the 3rd period too? As soon as the Jets scored the first goal, I doubled my money if I had wanted to cash out as soon as I profited

I got caught up in it and didn't cash out early
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 2nd, 2024 at 12:48:35 PM permalink

to be less hard on myself, I was looking at early cashout ... this might even be worth pondering as +EV

the Jets were slight underdogs. What were the chances the Hurricanes would dominate them in the 3rd period too? As soon as the Jets scored the first goal, I doubled my money if I had wanted to cash out as soon as I profited

I got caught up in it and didn't cash out early
link to original post

GREAT bet for you. Funny you made that bet. The Canes are the type of ‘bridgejumper’ bet I occasionally make. If I could have gotten -2500 I’d have loved it. It was probably -10000 when you got the +2500.

In general, the ‘cash out’ option is abysmal. Ridiculously high ‘juice’ they ‘charge’.

One +EV bet today? James/Davis/Jokic to each score 20 at +150. I gotta think they all make that mark at least 1/2 the time? I think fair odds -110 or so.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 6th, 2024 at 6:46:49 AM permalink
Free $50 on MGM today. Deposit $50, they double it. Just must bet $100 total in next 7 days. I had profit boost today for $25 which counted against the requirement. I think this is the second such offer in the past few months.

I got very lucky last night. Had Jokic/Durant to each score 25. Jokic was having a bad game. He made a late meaningless 3 pointer in OT to get within 7 a few seconds to go. That made exactly 25.
Also hit the over on same game by 1/2 point. When you hit the over in an OT game that’s found money.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 6th, 2024 at 3:27:35 PM permalink
+EV bet tonight (I think?). Curry/Lillard to both score 25. +200. I think fair is around +150. FanDuel. Curry had one of his worst games of his career in Boston. I may take + odds on him to score 30. Lillard seems to get a ‘quiet’ 25 easily.

I’m also betting against Sabres tonight. They traded Mittlestadt who was having breakout year for a nobody. Money saving deal. The ‘locker room’ must be aware management just gave up on them.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Thanked by
odiousgambit
March 7th, 2024 at 7:39:08 AM permalink

+EV bet tonight (I think?). Curry/Lillard to both score 25. +200. I think fair is around +150. FanDuel. Curry had one of his worst games of his career in Boston. I may take + odds on him to score 30. Lillard seems to get a ‘quiet’ 25 easily.

I’m also betting against Sabres tonight. They traded Mittlestadt who was having breakout year for a nobody. Money saving deal. The ‘locker room’ must be aware management just gave up on them.
link to original post

Lillard had a quiet 20….
Sabres did lose but played hard.

I found a guaranteed win. Caesars had Lillard under 2.5 ‘3’s at +165. Bet Rivers over 2.5 at -159. I kept betting (around) $10 and $16 until odds changed. I ended up making $4! But for me I got a few hundred dollars in what looks like -EV bets on both sites.
The reason I’m betting so little is I’m afraid…..
1. After making one bet the odds will correct on the other site.
2. (Unlikely) the site with the ‘bad’ line will void the bet. I don’t think that would happen as it’s not a gross and obvious error.
3. Some human will look at my account and see a zillion $10 bets and this $1000 bet and then examine my overall account and notice continual winning.

Still having a ton of fun doing this!
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
March 7th, 2024 at 1:47:02 PM permalink

Free $50 on MGM today. Deposit $50, they double it. Just must bet $100 total in next 7 days. I had profit boost today for $25 which counted against the requirement. I think this is the second such offer in the past few months.

link to original post

I forbid you from making any more posts about betMGM ... where I am non-grata and getting no offers whatsoever

in other news, I was surprised to find out I could bet on DK in WV using my VA account. It was seamless, and I could even bet on their casino games [which I will not be doing]. When I was in KY I was under the distinct impression I would have to register a new account. I'm sure I just tried to use the smartphone app there too
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Thanked by
odiousgambit
March 10th, 2024 at 7:35:42 AM permalink
Watching soccer. 20 minutes to go int Tottenham/Aston Villa. Tottenham up 2-0. AND Aston Villa playing down a man. Bridge jumped on Tottenham at only -5000. 2% ROI. I doubt a team down a man scores two in 20 minutes evenn1% of the time.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 10th, 2024 at 10:44:10 AM permalink

Watching soccer. 20 minutes to go int Tottenham/Aston Villa. Tottenham up 2-0. AND Aston Villa playing down a man. Bridge jumped on Tottenham at only -5000. 2% ROI. I doubt a team down a man scores two in 20 minutes evenn1% of the time.
link to original post

Ended up 4-0

Clippers are now 7.5 point underdogs at home to Bucks.
Normally they’d be a few point favorite. ALL THREE of their stars (Harden, Leonard, George) are listed as questionable on ‘official’ reports. I GUARANTEE you someone knows who is sitting out and the books have that information! I may bet ‘over’ on the totals for Clippers players 4-8….

Edit. While I was typing George and Leonard ruled out, Harden in.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
March 16th, 2024 at 6:17:25 AM permalink
Ultimate end of AP for online gambling? That will be AI, and that might be soon

End of online sports AP for the guy, now, who understands what to do, yet stops? That might be the guy who abandons +EV due to ability to tolerate losing streaks, or perhaps you can say lack of understanding of risk of ruin, or just real acceptance of it and the very same occasional losses that you actually predicted!

I used Act/Warhorse* site to generate 500 rolls of a 4 sided die to simulate the usual max level I’ll ‘go for’, which is less than +300. Yes I’ve said I’ll go up to +400 but that’s not usual. So 1/4 actual chances will be similar to the outcome expected betting at, say, +280 or whatever, what with house edge. Prior to the rolls I sought to find out how long the worst losing streaks would be on rolling a 4.

The worst was 14 rolls with ‘no 4’ , which occurred twice. Several others close to that. The max bet that I am doing these days is $50, and I have to tell you those kinds of losing streaks are hard to take. For that reason I aim for ‘more like +200 or so’ which gives up some EV.

Under the assumption that I am making about the HE to be encountered, and assuming I understand the math of the second chance bet, I’m vowing to stick with it through losing streaks. I’m bracing myself, though.

I posted the roll results in a blog post.

* this online dice roller has features hard to find: it sends you the results in an email, and you can have the same email sent to others simultaneously. You have to sign up, which is free ………… http://acts.warhorsesim.com
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 16th, 2024 at 6:47:12 AM permalink
Odious…. Like any AP play you need to be bankrolled enough to use the opportunity wisely. If you can determine your edge on any given offer and can define your bankroll, Kelly will tell you how much to bet. You can be more conservative and go 1/2 Kelly, 1/4 Kelly, or whatever fits your comfort level.

I am limited by the offers to low bet sizes so Kelly never comes into play. I also limit bet sizes occasionally so as not to have someone look at my account. As an example, that recent +265/-250 (approximately) offer was a guaranteed win. But if I’m averaging $20 a bet and all of a sudden put $5k on this niche bet I think it would trigger a review.

Another free $50 today from BetMGM. Deposit $50. Bet it through twice and you get $50 cash. (Bets have to be -200 or longer).
I can’t believe this is +EV for BetMGM overall. But I must be wrong?
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
March 16th, 2024 at 6:56:04 AM permalink

Odious…. Like any AP play you need to be bankrolled enough to use the opportunity wisely. If you can determine your edge on any given offer and can define your bankroll, Kelly will tell you how much to bet. You can be more conservative and go 1/2 Kelly, 1/4 Kelly, or whatever fits your comfort level.

agree

at $50 per bet, and not doing stuff like +900 bets, say, I still have to brace myself for losing streaks well into the hundreds. That is of little financial consequence for me, but the next thing you know it's bugging the hell out of me LOL.

Quote:

I am limited by the offers to low bet sizes so Kelly never comes into play. I also limit bet sizes occasionally so as not to have someone look at my account. As an example, that recent +265/-250 (approximately) offer was a guaranteed win. But if I’m averaging $20 a bet and all of a sudden put $5k on this niche bet I think it would trigger a review.

Another free $50 today from BetMGM. Deposit $50. Bet it through twice and you get $50 cash. (Bets have to be -200 or longer).

that last bit is another matter where AI could kick in and hurt us
Quote:

I can’t believe this is +EV for BetMGM overall. But I must be wrong?
link to original post

you can't possibly be wrong
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 16th, 2024 at 8:17:35 AM permalink
Bridge jumper bet of the day. Burnley up 1-0 early. Brentford had player red-carded. So playing 10 men rest of the game. I bet on Burnley at -380.

On different site can get draw at +550. So bet both for a bit. Win a little with Burnley or draw. Lose it all if Brentford wins. Lots of -EV bets for both sites.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Thanked by
odiousgambit
March 16th, 2024 at 10:17:48 AM permalink
Won a few $$$.

Lions boost on MGM clearly a mistake. Crosby and Kreider both to score two points. +180. I went to BETRIVERS and non boosted the same parlay is…. + 1200!

I’m sure they will change it shortly. But I’d guess all the dodo’s who bet at +180 will have their bets stand.

Trying to figure it out, maybe they meant to offer Crosby OR Kreider to score 2 points. Then+180 seems about right.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
March 17th, 2024 at 10:19:53 AM permalink
pulled from other thread

Quote: Talldude90

Thank you. I was reading the chatter thread, but your going 90 miles a minute on things I haven't touched yet. I want to learn the things you talk about there, but I don't want to miss out on what seems like +ev when I keep seeing 50 and sometimes 100% profit boosts that my intuition tells me should have to be +. If you want you can ask the moderators to move the relevant info to the chatter thread and dispose of this one.
link to original post

If it seems like 90 mph then you might want to start at the Wizard's other site

https://wizardofodds.com/games/sports-betting/#introduction
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 17th, 2024 at 11:08:46 AM permalink
Ok Talldude. Until you understand it better here is what I recommend. For the 50% profit boosts just coin flip any two -110 bets. You get a tad more than + 20% EV. For 100% profit boosts I do 3 -110 bets parlayed.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 17th, 2024 at 12:45:18 PM permalink
So today had interesting occurrence. I won my 6 leg soccer parlay…. but….. it was graded as a loss! I could see which leg they called a loss. I looked on every possible site I could find and it was a win. Took 30 minutes on ‘chat’ to finally get…. I’ll send a ticket to our Sportsbook guys…. She said they will ‘probably’ look at it today and explain why it’s a loss or change it to a win.
Around 2 hours later I logged back in and the winnings were there.

Let’s say the leg was ‘Smith to get a shot on goal. And I bet on ‘no’. Do you think all the people who bet on ‘yes’ were initially paid and are now getting their money taken back?
avianrandy
avianrandy
  • Threads: 8
March 17th, 2024 at 2:24:24 PM permalink
I seen today where the Chicago bears traded Justin Fields to the Steelers for a round 6 2025 draft pick. Sounds like Chicago got fleeced to me. I think Justin is fine just needs people to catch the ball .Mitch trubisky Jay Cutler it's been frustrating for sure
DRich
DRich
Thanked by
odiousgambit
March 17th, 2024 at 3:09:34 PM permalink

So today had interesting occurrence. I won my 6 leg soccer parlay…. but….. it was graded as a loss! I could see which leg they called a loss. I looked on every possible site I could find and it was a win. Took 30 minutes on ‘chat’ to finally get…. I’ll send a ticket to our Sportsbook guys…. She said they will ‘probably’ look at it today and explain why it’s a loss or change it to a win.
Around 2 hours later I logged back in and the winnings were there.

Let’s say the leg was ‘Smith to get a shot on goal. And I bet on ‘no’. Do you think all the people who bet on ‘yes’ were initially paid and are now getting their money taken back?
link to original post

No, too much bad publicity that way. I also doubt they will credit the other players that bet with you on it. If people don't complain it just gets shoved under the rug.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 19th, 2024 at 3:29:49 PM permalink
I think I’ve filled out ten free brackets. With prizes ranging from $2000 to $50,000. All free. I’m guessing my EV is around $1. I’m not particularly good at these.

I won $1.37 on a free golf pool. Not sure what I’m going to buy with it.

LOTS of offers today for NCAA. They seem to like giving out 64% profit boosts. Even a few 100% boosts.

Error on that MGM deposit $50 get a $50 bonus. They freed up the entire $100 after betting just $50, not $100.

Yesterday had really fun bets. I’ve mentioned this concept before. Knicks without Robinson/Randle/Anunoby due to injury have 3 rebounders left who get any real playing time. Hart, Hartenstein, and Achiuwa.
I figured if I bet all 3 on their over rebound numbers I should ‘easily’ win 2 out of 3. But wouldn’t parlay because one’s big numbers detracts from the others. All 3 hit. Hart played all 48 minutes (pretty sure). The books may be looking at these players ‘averages’ over the course of the season which is basically irrelevant I believe.
DRich
DRich
March 21st, 2024 at 7:51:59 AM permalink
Since today is the "start" of the NCAA basketball tournament I went to login to my one online sports book Hard Rock Bet, unfortunately it says that my account has been blocked with no explanation of why. My balance is less than $1000 so I am not terribly worried but I want to make my "fun" tournament bets (usually $50 or less each). I haven't been able to get ahold of them yet but I am thinking like a conspiracy theorist. I have not deposited a single cent into this account. I was awarded a free amount to just open the account I think it may have been $50. Almost all of my bets have been using bonuses or rebate bets. I am just wondering if they have noticed this and I now have many hundreds of dollars without ever making any deposits. Hopefully I can get a hold of them today.

My uneducated pick of the day is on Long Beach State. I have not watched any of their games and they are playing Arizona which is a really good team. For this pick I am using a non-basketball reason. Long Beach State fired their coach over the weekend even though they made the tournament. The coach asked the school if he could coach the tournament for free even though he has been fired. The school agreed and I am hoping this gives the players a little extra motivation in the game.

My pick is Long Beach State +21 against Arizona.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
March 21st, 2024 at 11:38:22 AM permalink

Since today is the "start" of the NCAA basketball tournament I went to login to my one online sports book Hard Rock Bet, unfortunately it says that my account has been blocked with no explanation of why. My balance is less than $1000 so I am not terribly worried but I want to make my "fun" tournament bets (usually $50 or less each). I haven't been able to get ahold of them yet but I am thinking like a conspiracy theorist. I have not deposited a single cent into this account. I was awarded a free amount to just open the account I think it may have been $50. Almost all of my bets have been using bonuses or rebate bets. I am just wondering if they have noticed this and I now have many hundreds of dollars without ever making any deposits. Hopefully I can get a hold of them today.

My uneducated pick of the day is on Long Beach State. I have not watched any of their games and they are playing Arizona which is a really good team. For this pick I am using a non-basketball reason. Long Beach State fired their coach over the weekend even though they made the tournament. The coach asked the school if he could coach the tournament for free even though he has been fired. The school agreed and I am hoping this gives the players a little extra motivation in the game.

My pick is Long Beach State +21 against Arizona.
link to original post

What a great story
Go LBS
Looking to see Duquesne can pull it off before going to long Beach st
terapined
terapined
March 21st, 2024 at 5:26:28 PM permalink
Just for fun
Got 10 bucks on all the underdogs
Even though just taking points
Different payouts
Why is that?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Thanked by
odiousgambit
March 21st, 2024 at 5:51:04 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Just for fun
Got 10 bucks on all the underdogs
Even though just taking points
Different payouts
Why is that?

link to original post

Let’s say the bookies aren’t sure if they should make a team a 9.5 point favorite or a 10 point favorite. They will choose one of the two, then slightly adjust the odds, usually to -115 or -105. So as an example—. Favorite -10 at -105 and Underdog +10 at -105. Your examples of -120 and +100 are rare but not unheard of.
DRich
DRich
March 21st, 2024 at 6:55:45 PM permalink
Nice to see a 13.5 point underdog beat Kentucky. that will be the only school from that state up north that I root for.
terapined
terapined
March 21st, 2024 at 10:06:02 PM permalink
North Carolina State
D J Burns Jr
What a player
Built like an offensive lineman
But
Has incredible moves.
Can't wait see him again Saturday
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
March 22nd, 2024 at 12:19:19 PM permalink
quite a few gamblers - when things don't go their way - are harassing college athletes either online or thru social media or in person

from the article quoting an NCAA spokesman:

"Recent data indicates that approximately one in three high profile athletes receive abusive messages from someone with a betting interest.

Officials, Coaches and other athletics related workers are also targets"

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2024/mar/21/legal-march-madness-gambling-generates-27bn-and-plenty-of-abuse-for-players#:~:text=%E2%80%9CRecent%20data%20indicates%20that%20approximately,a%20letter%20to%20campus%20leaders.

Please don't feed the trolls
  • Jump to: