Thread Rating:

gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 50
April 10th, 2020 at 6:53:45 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Deleted

This thread is becoming a political thread with code words.

People are gonna get angry as certain members thrive on these new political code words (designed to get around the forum rules)

And I don't want to get suspended again

I agree with DarkOz - this has become a political thread.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 51
April 10th, 2020 at 7:05:44 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

a great and touching story about how the Amish mobilized to help people all over the country, not just in their community
the Amish were brutally slandered in that stupid a** cable show "Amish Mafia"
its great to see a story that shows how the vast majority of them really are

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/09/us/politics/amish-coronavirus-ohio.html?action=click&module=News&pgtype=Homepage

I live near the other major Amish community, Lancaster PA.

They are good people and will work and sell things very inexpensively.

I had an Amish guy put new windows in my house, he charged $300/window installed, and it was a decent brand.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 188
April 10th, 2020 at 8:36:16 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

I live near the other major Amish community, Lancaster PA.

They are good people and will work and sell things very inexpensively.

I had an Amish guy put new windows in my house, he charged $300/window installed, and it was a decent brand.

for a long time now, we've bought all of our furniture from the Amish
not inexpensive but great stuff - 100% solid wood and hand made with pride and lasts forever

they always give you 110%
sometimes it's really surprising and almost comical

there is an Amish restaurant near me
I once ordered a steak and cheese sub there
I was expecting strips of steak like everybody else makes a steak and cheese
𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐚 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐛 𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐥
I was like whoa.................{(-:}
"𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳"______Edgar Allan Poe
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 193
April 10th, 2020 at 9:26:15 AM permalink
The Amish make the best root beer. If one is ever near an Amish farm, stop by and grab a jug or two. Its ambrosia to the lips.
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
Thanks for this post from:
Forager
April 10th, 2020 at 11:20:32 AM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

I let it go a few times (and I am sure others did too), but I had to look up this "Chernobly" to make sure I wasn't missing something.

"Chernobly" I meant to type Chernobyl Ha!

The reason I keep mentioning it is because of this virus and the coverup. The H1N1 virus of 2009 was novel as well. Something like 61 million Americans were supposedly infected. But there was no panic, and shelter in place orders were not issued. Again, this virus was novel as well. https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/2009-h1n1-pandemic.html

The reason the world largely over reacted to the Wuhan, China Covid-19 Virus was because of the secrecy and cover up by the communist party.

1. Intelligence agencies saw a virus suddenly devastating Wuhan China.

2. Wuhan is home to bio a weapons facility. Wuhan Institute of Virology.

3. Chinese researchers/ doctors/ scientists managed to leak stories of the devastation caused by a mystery virus centered in Wuhan and provide what is supposed to be the sequencing of the virus before mysteriously disappearing or dying. But intel agencies can't substantiate the claims or the sequencing.

4. The communist gov denies the existence at first and greatly downplays the claims. The propaganda machine kicks into high gear and twitter accounts around the world are hijacked/hacked by the communist propaganda machine. Communication is shut down in Wuhan.

5. Scientists and health offices are denied access during the early periods.

6. Intel agencies around the world must assume the worst, that the virus could be a bio weapon that has either been accidentally released or released by extremists
because the virus has yet to be sequenced and studied outside of China.

7. The propaganda machine then begins claiming that the virus is a bio weapon made by the US army and later says that it was just a virus brought to China by the US military.

8. This is why the leaders are still scared to death. Our gov is discretely informing state governors that we don't believe that this is a bio weapon but we can't be absolutely sure at this time. And yes, I know that we've now sequenced the virus outside of China, and that it looks like a natural virus. But intel still likely believes (man made of not) that the virus came from the inside of the Wuhan Institute of Virology,.

9. Governments around the world see the devastating in Wuhan China, and must assume the worst because of their histories with communist regimes. They recall Chernobyl. Even though mounting evidence points to a virus that was not man made, they can't be sure because of the lies and the possibility that they may still be using the natural virus as some type of weapon.

10. The propaganda machine effectively manipulates social media and gullible people into believing that merely mentioning the city of Wuhan when referencing the virus is racist.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/04/09/no-more-visiting-friends-and-neighbors-under-whitmers-expanded-coronavirus-order/5125426002/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8207015/Boston-suburb-sets-one-way-sidewalks-fine-walk-wrong-direction.html

https://www.hbo.com/chernobyl (A great series. Yes, there are some exaggerations for entertainment, but it's close enough.)

-Keyser
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 172
Thanks for this post from:
tringlomane
April 10th, 2020 at 11:34:09 AM permalink
Quote: Keyser

The reason the world largely over reacted to the Wuhan, China Covid-19 Virus was because of the secrecy and cover up by the communist party.

You mean so few deaths and hospitals being able to manage easily in the world was due to overreacting?

Wow, I hate to see what would happen if we hadn't overreacted.
Everything is in high definition today except Bigfoot and UFOs
Keyser
Keyser
April 10th, 2020 at 11:41:12 AM permalink
Yes, we largely over reacted. In hindsight though we had no choice but to over react because of the communist regime in China. Intel agencies around the world were forced to believe that it was possibly a bio weapon.

Currently, some field hospitals are being dismantled and or moved.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/washington-field-hospital-coronavirus-dismantle
Some ventilators are now being sent back to storage. https://abcnews.go.com/Health/controversy-california-governor-sends-500-ventilators-back-national/story?id=70067090
Many hospitals around the country are actually rather empty. NY is of course an exception and there are others.
Millions are not expected to die in the US.

Every few days the predicted mortality drop substantially, even in the countries that aren't "social distancing" like Sweden and Brazil.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 227
April 10th, 2020 at 11:44:11 AM permalink

Yes, we largely over reacted. In hindsight though we had no choice but to over react because of the communist regime in China. Intel agencies around the world were forced to believe that it was possibly a bio weapon.
Some field hospitals are being dismantled and or moved.
Some ventilators are now being sent back to storage.
Many hospitals around the country are actually rather empty.
Millions are not expected to die in the US. Every few days the predicted mortality drop substantially, even in the countries that aren't "social distancing" like Sweden and Brazil.

Not a huge surprise. Bad models.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 172
April 10th, 2020 at 11:45:12 AM permalink

Some field hospitals are being dismantled and or moved.
Some ventilators are now being sent back to storage.
Many hospitals around the country are actually rather empty.
Millions are not expected to die in the US. Every few days the predicted mortality drop substantially, even in the countries that aren't "social distancing" like Sweden and Brazil.

Yes, I've heard failure described as having empty beds, and being too ready by a bunch of stupid people.
Everything is in high definition today except Bigfoot and UFOs
Keyser
Keyser
April 10th, 2020 at 11:48:11 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Yes, I've heard failure described as having empty beds, and being too ready by a bunch of stupid people.

Having extra beds isn't a failure. Again, like I said, in hindsight we over reacted because he had no choice. We over reacted because we had to assume the worst! We had to assume that this was China's Chernobyl!

• Jump to: