Thread Rating:

jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
April 9th, 2020 at 3:39:49 PM permalink
Quote: Keyser

FAKE

The asian coworker walked in. The mexican worker joked to the asian worker. Its inappropriate. I ignored them
Last edited by: jjjoooggg on Apr 9, 2020
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
April 9th, 2020 at 3:45:34 PM permalink
Quote: jjjoooggg

The asian coworker walked in. The mexican worker joked to the asian worker. Its inappropriate. I ignored them

Some people are addicted to being outraged. Don't fall into the trap. In general people are good. Don't let social media convince you otherwise. Rather than going out of your way to try and find something to upset you, focus on the positive for a change.

People should be mad as hell though at the communist party in China. Communism again put the world at risk. Sanctions should be considered. Economic devastation world wide because of the cover up and lies.

I highly recommend that everyone watch "Chernobly", the series.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 203
April 9th, 2020 at 4:11:22 PM permalink

I call BS. More fake twitter propaganda. Did Kim or Madonna tell you that? If only we were as cool as they are.

The US has plenty of named viruses like Lyme (Lyme Conn.) and Norovirus (Norwalk Ohio). The location of a virus doesn't make it racist. Ignore social media. There's currently another virus circulating on social media. It's called stupidity.

Now, how about those new virus numbers?

So all the stories of Asians being attacked and insulted are BS? Is that what you are saying?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 262
April 9th, 2020 at 4:21:25 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

So all the stories of Asians being attacked and insulted are BS? Is that what you are saying?

He is saying don't be outraged. People are generally good.

Unless they are Chinese, communist, liberal media, social websites, doctors who claim hydroxychloriquine doesn't work against Coronavirus,

Madonna

Kim (Kardashian or Little not sure who)

And Mods who ask him not to call Covid-19 a racially charged name

Then you should be outraged
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 228
Thanks for this post from:
KeyserDDB
April 9th, 2020 at 4:33:26 PM permalink
Quote: jjjoooggg

Would you mind if we call this the USA virus

If it starts in the USA not at all. We have names like Legionnaires disease already. Do members of the American Legion get upset and offended at that name? What about Lou Gehrig's disease? Named after just one guy!

On the other site there is a thread on "Pittsburgh Toilets." I assure you nobody here in Pittsburgh gets offended there.

Then again, it is not the Chinese who are offended. It is others getting offended for them.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
April 9th, 2020 at 4:35:19 PM permalink
Quote: AZduffman

Then again, it is not the Chinese who are offended. It is others getting offended for them.

Exactly!

When should the country open back up? How many days/weeks?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Keyser
April 9th, 2020 at 4:40:05 PM permalink

Exactly!

When should the country open back up? How many days/weeks?

By May 1.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
April 9th, 2020 at 4:45:41 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

If it starts in the USA not at all. We have names like Legionnaires disease already. Do members of the American Legion get upset and offended at that name? What about Lou Gehrig's disease? Named after just one guy!

On the other site there is a thread on "Pittsburgh Toilets." I assure you nobody here in Pittsburgh gets offended there.

Just because we named diseases after people/places in the past, doesn't mean we should necessarily keep doing it. People change. Ideas change. If nothing ever changed, we'd still would own slaves in this country. And this isn't the official name for this anyway, so why are we even using it?
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 262
tringlomane
April 9th, 2020 at 4:50:38 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

If it starts in the USA not at all..

So you have no problem calling the Spanish Flu the American Flu from now on?

First case was documented in the USA. Either way, it didn't come from Spain
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 9th, 2020 at 4:57:52 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

So you have no problem calling the Spanish Flu the American Flu from now on?

First case was documented in the USA. Either way, it didn't come from Spain

You want to try to change 100 years of practice be my guest. I would suggest instead that you not waste so much of your life worrying about harmless words and descriptions.

• Jump to: