Thread Rating:

TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
Thanks for this post from:
darkoztringlomanerxwine
April 9th, 2020 at 6:00:42 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

You are aware that we have more cases because we have more population? It started in China, let them have the name.

"Confirmed Cases" is key. China's numbers on anything are suspect.

It is fascinating how defensive, emotional, and illogical people can get over this issue. First you were trying to point out how this issue wasn't important, now you're making it into a much bigger deal than it needs to be.

China's data is extremely distorted. As is the data from most countries. Like a lot of things, what is important is how we choose to interpret what we do have available. It seems what you care most about is demanding everyone gives you permission to assign blame on China.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 227
April 9th, 2020 at 6:02:54 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

There are more people in America than in China???

Didn't say we did. We are #3 in population. We are also seeing C virus cases counted when it could have been something else (more deaths means more $$$).

Meanwhile China puts up numbers that cannot be trusted, same as you cannot trust most any number China puts out.

To say "The USA has the most cases" is like saying there are more GM cars involved in accidents than any other. People who use their brain power know why it is.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 261
April 9th, 2020 at 6:16:11 PM permalink
Deleted

This thread is becoming a political thread with code words.

People are gonna get angry as certain members thrive on these new political code words (designed to get around the forum rules)

And I don't want to get suspended again
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
April 9th, 2020 at 6:30:54 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Deleted

This thread is becoming a political thread with code words.

People are gonna get angry as certain members thrive on these new political code words (designed to get around the forum rules)

And I don't want to get suspended again

That's ludicrous.
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 193
tringlomaneLuckyPhow
April 9th, 2020 at 6:37:27 PM permalink
Quote: Keyser

Exactly!

When should the country open back up? How many days/weeks?

When it is safe, which is no time soon. Ask again in two weeks. It took a month to kill 1,000 Americans. Today we may lose more people than we did on September 11th. If, in two weeks, the deaths are in the vicinity of 50,000 overall, it might be time to plan on slowly opening. If it's closer to 100,000, then we wait another two weeks. I can't see MLB playing before a live audience this season, and doubt many colleges will want to host big football games.
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
April 9th, 2020 at 6:52:07 PM permalink
What do you believe the reason is that some countries including the US took this virus so seriously? (Other than the fact that it was novel?) After all, we don't usually respond with quarantines and shelter in place orders.

(Hint...It's related to Chernobly)
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
AxelWolf
April 9th, 2020 at 9:01:19 PM permalink
There really isn't a race or ethnicity being Chinese. China is a country and the people living there are Chinese, the same as America is a country and the citizens there are American.

Quote:

Chinese people are the various individuals or ethnic groups associated with China, usually through ancestry, ethnicity, nationality, citizenship, or other affiliation. The Han Chinese are the largest ethnic group in China, comprising approximately 92% of its mainland population.

When I heard house representive Chu saying people are getting dirty looks, I stopped caring about feelings.

The world owes China for this disease and look who is benefiting, CHINA.
I am a robot.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
April 10th, 2020 at 12:28:49 AM permalink
Quote: Keyser

What do you believe the reason is that some countries including the US took this virus so seriously? (Other than the fact that it was novel?) After all, we don't usually respond with quarantines and shelter in place orders.

(Hint...It's related to Chernobly)

I let it go a few times (and I am sure others did too), but I had to look up this "Chernobly" to make sure I wasn't missing something.

lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 188
April 10th, 2020 at 4:51:17 AM permalink
a great and touching story about how the Amish mobilized to help people all over the country, not just in their community
the Amish were brutally slandered in that stupid a** cable show "Amish Mafia"
its great to see a story that shows how the vast majority of them really are

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/09/us/politics/amish-coronavirus-ohio.html?action=click&module=News&pgtype=Homepage
Last edited by: lilredrooster on Apr 10, 2020
"𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳"______Edgar Allan Poe
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
April 10th, 2020 at 5:12:48 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

a great and touching story about how the Amish mobilized to help people all over the country, not just in their community
the Amish were brutally slandered in that stupid a** cable show "Amish Mafia"
its great to see a story that shows how the vast majority of them really are

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/09/us/politics/amish-coronavirus-ohio.html?action=click&module=News&pgtype=Homepage

Props to those Amish working hard for the rest of the nation's benefit.

• Jump to: