Thread Rating:

billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 193
April 10th, 2020 at 4:22:45 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

The irony is that if serious early prevention had occurred and worked so well that no significant illnesses occurred that person (regardless of who or what party) would have been accused of a false alarm and wasteful spending

I read an interview years ago with the main proponent of Y2K. He claimed everyone blames him for a mass hysteria over something that never happened

He claims it never happened because people believed him and took successfulmeasures to prevent it. He claims he saved the world but no one gives him credit for it

To this day that conundrum haunts me.

What would you do? Raise hell, save the world and be called a scamming liar who wasted everyone time.

Or just let the world burn

Option 3. Let the world start to burn but then introduce a miracle solution. If it works, you can claim the credit. What do you have to lose?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 112
April 10th, 2020 at 5:29:40 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

That is the big one. We saw articles a few times a year that 40% of people cannot handle a $500 emergency. I saw the food bank lines in CA. Surely there are more elsewhere, but these high-cost places are the epicenter. Will the public learn?

Learn what? That if I don't have a dollar to my name I'll be able to get free food by waiting in line? Trust me, the public is well aware already.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 188
April 11th, 2020 at 1:56:19 AM permalink
Geniuses burning cell towers in Britain
guess why they are doing this
go ahead, guess

you guessed it
conspiracy theorists are trolling and spreading lies that 5G is causing the virus to spread

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/10/technology/coronavirus-5g-uk.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage
"𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳"______Edgar Allan Poe
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
April 11th, 2020 at 2:32:18 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

go ahead, guess

you guessed it
conspiracy theorists are trolling and spreading lies that 5G is causing the virus to spread

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/10/technology/coronavirus-5g-uk.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

I hate the internet. And I wouldn't be shocked if the UK had the most deaths per capita by the time this was over.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange 
  • Threads: 54
April 11th, 2020 at 3:33:57 AM permalink
WC Fields should be telling us how 5G spreads the coronavirus.

W.C. Fields - The Diner Sketch - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOHGr8r5Cs4
rawtuff
rawtuff
  • Threads: 2
April 11th, 2020 at 4:11:46 AM permalink

go ahead, guess

you guessed it

I think this conspiracy theory goes more like this:

A vaccine for covid 19 will come with a digital identity that needs 5g to work,
the lockdown is done so there will be 5g installations done smoothly.
The call for social distancing is so there will be no protests.

You get the vaccine you lose your self totally and get controlled.

Not that it sounds too much more logical, but at least they aren't claiming a direct connection between 5g towers and C19 spread afaik.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 261
April 11th, 2020 at 5:22:16 AM permalink
Quote: rawtuff

go ahead, guess

you guessed it

I think this conspiracy theory goes more like this:

A vaccine for covid 19 will come with a digital identity that needs 5g to work,
the lockdown is done so there will be 5g installations done smoothly.
The call for social distancing is so there will be no protests.

You get the vaccine you lose your self totally and get controlled.

Not that it sounds too much more logical, but at least they aren't claiming a direct connection between 5g towers and C19 spread afaik.

No, that's too sophisticated

They actually believe Covid-19 is either caused by the 5g or there is another theory that it emits a radiation that weakens our immune systems helping Covid-19 to spread rapidly

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/08/tech/5g-coronavirus-conspiracy-theory-trnd/index.html
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
rawtuff
rawtuff
  • Threads: 2
April 11th, 2020 at 6:27:43 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

No, that's too sophisticated

They actually believe Covid-19 is either caused by the 5g or there is another theory that it emits a radiation that weakens our immune systems helping Covid-19 to spread rapidly

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/08/tech/5g-coronavirus-conspiracy-theory-trnd/index.html

Well, that'll be way too feeble of a theory since everyone, even the most gullible, know or should know there are like 5 countries with live 5G towers and like 200 countries affected by C19, many of the most affected regions don't even have towers so there is not even an observable correlation, let alone causation.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 227
April 11th, 2020 at 6:54:44 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Learn what? That if I don't have a dollar to my name I'll be able to get free food by waiting in line? Trust me, the public is well aware already.

Learn that you have to be better prepared. The Depression generation prepped. They kept money for an emergency, and their pantries were full. They lived fairly frugal. They reused things and knew how to get by.

Some of the Baby Boomers saw this and emulated parts of it. They saw recessions every few years. They knew to "save up" if a known bad event like a strike was on the horizon. But over the years they drifted away from the good habits.

Those born after 1977 or so never saw real bad times, never saw a really bad recession. "The Great Recession" was not that at all compared to 1982, where 100 year old industries just collapsed. There was not 20% prime rates and 15% inflation.

I have been near broke but even then I always had some emergency money to bail me out. After a brush with BK I lived like a monk for years to get out of debt and get saved up. I still live like half a monk, keeping a modest home and car. The kids on some pods I worked on, I could not believe how they spent money. It came up once and a girl told me the general attitude was "if you are deep in student loan debt you live for today since it will be forever before you get ahead."

Those people had better have learned as I am sure she was among that group that could not handle a $400 emergency. Hopefully the masses will now start copy canning at the least, and putting $15 a week aside. In 3-4 years they will be in shape to last if this kind of thing happens again.

But alas, they will not learn. A few will of course. The rest will be buying lottery tickets instead of putting emergency funds aside and eating takeaway instead of learning to make their food dollar last.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 261
April 11th, 2020 at 7:09:15 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Learn that you have to be better prepared. The Depression generation prepped. They kept money for an emergency, and their pantries were full. They lived fairly frugal. They reused things and knew how to get by.

Some of the Baby Boomers saw this and emulated parts of it. They saw recessions every few years. They knew to "save up" if a known bad event like a strike was on the horizon. But over the years they drifted away from the good habits.

Those born after 1977 or so never saw real bad times, never saw a really bad recession. "The Great Recession" was not that at all compared to 1982, where 100 year old industries just collapsed. There was not 20% prime rates and 15% inflation.

I have been near broke but even then I always had some emergency money to bail me out. After a brush with BK I lived like a monk for years to get out of debt and get saved up. I still live like half a monk, keeping a modest home and car. The kids on some pods I worked on, I could not believe how they spent money. It came up once and a girl told me the general attitude was "if you are deep in student loan debt you live for today since it will be forever before you get ahead."

Those people had better have learned as I am sure she was among that group that could not handle a $400 emergency. Hopefully the masses will now start copy canning at the least, and putting $15 a week aside. In 3-4 years they will be in shape to last if this kind of thing happens again.

But alas, they will not learn. A few will of course. The rest will be buying lottery tickets instead of putting emergency funds aside and eating takeaway instead of learning to make their food dollar last.

Every Jew knows to invest in diamonds for a rainy pogrom, Spanish Inquisition or Holocaust

Edit: Being Jewish myself that's just one history lesson takeaway
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee

• Jump to: