4 votes (3.36%)
3 votes (2.52%)

119 members have voted

AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
November 9th, 2016 at 7:26:47 AM permalink
Quote: crazydazy

He hasn't stepped a foot into office and is already starting a market crash because of his volatility.

Or not. Global markets shaky but stable. I was bracing for a 10% dip in my portfolio based on the futures last night; it's down about 1% right now (I'm diversified across small/large cap, domestic/foreign equity and bonds).
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
November 9th, 2016 at 7:27:20 AM permalink
Fiddlesticks.

The Libertarian candidate lost.

Maybe next time.
"What, me worry?"
JimRockford
JimRockford
  • Threads: 12
November 9th, 2016 at 7:28:06 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

My biggest "fear" is that he can overcome what everyone says in a very short attention span and do everything that is necessary to keep us safe here at home.

My biggest fear is that he in fact a true narcissist, easily baited by insults and easily manipulated by praise.
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." -- Isaac Newton
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
November 9th, 2016 at 7:33:54 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

Fiddlesticks.

The Libertarian candidate lost.

Maybe next time.

Fiddlesticks, the Libertarian Party is there to drain voters from the 'progressive' Democrats.
It's working.

I'm kidding of course. The two party system, in it's present state, seems to be holding the country back rather than propelling it forward. Bunch of ' silly white man'.
TwoFeathers
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
November 9th, 2016 at 7:34:29 AM permalink
Quote: JimRockford

My biggest fear is that he in fact a true narcissist, easily baited by insults and easily manipulated by praise.

Mine is how he said he'd appoint a justice to overturn roe v wade and how mike pence came out last night stating they're anti-LGBT and how we basically just set our country BACK 100 years and in doing so set our economy back 100 years to solve the financial problems he's going to give us as well. I hate hillery, and yet this had to of been the most uninformed election in the history of our country.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
BasesLoaded
BasesLoaded
  • Threads: 2
November 9th, 2016 at 7:43:39 AM permalink
So those who said Trump couldn't win, are now saying he can't govern.

He'll just prove them wrong again.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
November 9th, 2016 at 7:52:55 AM permalink
Dang, next time I eat at a Mexican restaurant I hope they're not required to separate the rice from the guacamole with a wall of refried beans.

Ole!
"What, me worry?"
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
November 9th, 2016 at 7:53:22 AM permalink
I, for one, will give him a chance. I think I've watched every episode of the Apprentice and the Trump on that show is careful and usually not prone to act out of anger. Yes, sometimes he had mass firings or got visibly angry, but those times he had just reason. Most of the time he listened to his advisers and gave both sides a chance to speak.

I admit I voted against him. Yet Trump's win is not the end of the world as we know it. Clinton never earned my enthusiasm but at least she was the safe choice. Who knows, maybe the system did need a Molotov cocktail, as Michael Moore put it last night. At least the election is over. I think we can all agree on that.

Just my two cents, and that is probably overpriced.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
November 9th, 2016 at 8:14:35 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I, for one, will give him a chance. I think I've watched every episode of the Apprentice and the Trump on that show is careful and usually not prone to act out of anger. Yes, sometimes he had mass firings or got visibly angry, but those times he had just reason. Most of the time he listened to his advisers and gave both sides a chance to speak.

I admit I voted against him. Yet Trump's win is not the end of the world as we know it. Clinton never earned my enthusiasm but at least she was the safe choice. Who knows, maybe the system did need a Molotov cocktail, as Michael Moore put it last night. At least the election is over. I think we can all agree on that.

Just my two cents, and that is probably overpriced.

I want to agree with u but remember that most reality tv is actually scripted and most certainly edited. I dont put much faith in his apprentice persona as shown (performed) to be a guide for who he really is. His rhetoric on the campaign trail is probably who the real donald trump is
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
November 9th, 2016 at 8:36:28 AM permalink
I am one of those voters that would have said he's a horrible person in an exit poll, but voted for him anyways. I expect him to be reasonable. He's a vain man, to go down as a one term failure would be beyond embarrassing to him. This is his opportunity to create a multi-generational legacy, do you really think he will throw it away so he can tweet people to go f themselves?

Not enough senate seats were held. Although 2018 is very, very favorable to Republicans (especially if Trump's coalition can hold) it's doubtful we can gain eight. This means no wall.

Lastly... I got to vote for my own boss. Let's just hope he doesn't decide to meddle in IP.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
Romes
Romes
November 9th, 2016 at 8:40:43 AM permalink

...Who knows, maybe the system did need a Molotov cocktail, as Michael Moore put it last night...

A molotov cocktail would be gentle compared to this... Like, people who voted for him aren't "sticking it to the man" and "changing things up" in the white house... They are complete f*cking morons.

The guys own mouth proves he's a rapist, racist, sexist, fear mongering bigot.

The guys own healthcare plan and mouth prove he's going to overturn roe v wade and set the country back 100 years in women's rights.

The guys own tax plan proves we're going to get the largest tax breaks to the wealthy since the 2nd depression these caused with Bush, and the highest tax hike to the middle class, as well as trillions in debt that will take us another 100 years to recover from.

This is just a forum of people that don't really know each other. Even on my own facebook with personal and close friends I've been telling them... You can be a nice person. You can be someone I care about... but when you voted for trump you unequivocally outed yourself as an uninformed f*cking idiot.

#BurnTheBridges2016

*p.s. I don't support hillary and think she is the embodiment of corruption in our political system... That being said it's clear to anyone with logic and reasoning that she was by far the shinier of the two turds for our country.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
November 9th, 2016 at 9:01:40 AM permalink
Nobody believes Trump is a rapist.
I am a robot.
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
November 9th, 2016 at 9:03:59 AM permalink
Quote: Romes

You can be someone I care about... but when you voted for trump you unequivocally outed yourself as an uninformed f*cking idiot.

This is the first presidential election I have voted in (6 total) where I did not vote for the republican. I voted Johnson. That being said, people like you are exactly why people get pushed to the extreme side of the spectrum. You don't want to listen to rationale, you just want to insult. YOU are to blame for the Donald's presidency.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
November 9th, 2016 at 9:06:32 AM permalink
I never thought the people who were upset at the system would trump (no pun intended) the establishment. This is history.

Oh well I made $80. Going to do some AP plays later today. NBD
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
November 9th, 2016 at 9:10:12 AM permalink

...Who knows, maybe the system did need a Molotov cocktail, as Michael Moore put it last night...

A molotov cocktail would be gentle compared to this... Like, people who voted for him aren't "sticking it to the man" and "changing things up" in the white house... They are complete f*cking morons.

The guys own mouth proves he's a rapist, racist, sexist, fear mongering bigot.

The guys own healthcare plan and mouth prove he's going to overturn roe v wade and set the country back 100 years in women's rights.

The guys own tax plan proves we're going to get the largest tax breaks to the wealthy since the 2nd depression these caused with Bush, and the highest tax hike to the middle class, as well as trillions in debt that will take us another 100 years to recover from.

This is just a forum of people that don't really know each other. Even on my own facebook with personal and close friends I've been telling them... You can be a nice person. You can be someone I care about... but when you voted for trump you unequivocally outed yourself as an uninformed f*cking idiot.

#BurnTheBridges2016

*p.s. I don't support hillary and think she is the embodiment of corruption in our political system... That being said it's clear to anyone with logic and reasoning that she was by far the shinier of the two turds for our country.

Tldr Not everyone thinks like me and they're all a buncha stupid dummies wah wah wah. Pull yourself together.
100% risk of ruin
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
November 9th, 2016 at 9:16:49 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

After midnight Eastern time. My self imposed ban is over. There were 3 people who kept me from posting. ...
To ME....you are the hardest. To you, I give you a heart. Oh wait, that's the Wizard of Oz. To you....stop the hatred that you hide behind numbers. Most of us are not as educated or as smart as you. But my suggestion is to stop insulting us with debating our intelligence. Don't mistake us as stupid dumb rednecks. Most of us on here have made a good living based on the system put in front of us. You tried to insult us with your logic. How did that work out? I don't have good wishes for you based on your posts, but I hope you see there are more opportunities out there for people willing to make a difference. You can either be a part of it or bitch about it. I hope you pick the former.

How did I prevent you from posting?

And what "us" are you talking about that is somehow distinct from myself? Because I'm also part of the "us" that's made a good living based on the system put in front of us, and I'm not insulting myself as a stupid dumb redneck. I built my career from whole cloth and I've been working for myself for the vast majority of the past 15 years. I've successfully navigated the system that was put in front of me, just as you presumably have.

And the only hatred I feel is for willful ignorance, the idea that people as a group are collectively better off knowing less. Several members on this forum hold that view -- I don't know if you're one of them -- but I think it's objectively and provably wrong. I make no apologies for that, and I will critique anti-education and anti-intellectualism as I see fit. This is a forum dedicated to gaming mathematics, after all. If you think that justifies your ill-wishes, so be it. But I won't return them. Instead, I hope you and I both prosper under whatever changes are coming to that system.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
November 9th, 2016 at 9:27:25 AM permalink

I, for one, will give him a chance.
I admit I voted against him. Yet Trump's win is not the end of the world as we know it. Clinton never earned my enthusiasm but at least she was the safe choice. Who knows, maybe the system did need a Molotov cocktail, as Michael Moore put it last night.

I have no choice but to give him a chance. I honestly don't know what will be better for the U.S. in the long term, if Trump fails as a president or if Trump succeeds. If he fails, the next four years will suck but at least we'll have a dramatic return to normalcy in four years (and probably two). If he succeeds, he'll be living proof that preparation, experience, and decency don't matter and that winging it and insulting vast groups of people while ignoring science to suit your narrative is a perfectly acceptable way to govern.

And perhaps he's celebrating with a "Mazel Tov cocktail" instead?
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
Romes
Romes
November 9th, 2016 at 9:29:09 AM permalink
Quote: VCUSkyhawk

This is the first presidential election I have voted in (6 total) where I did not vote for the republican. I voted Johnson. That being said, people like you are exactly why people get pushed to the extreme side of the spectrum. You don't want to listen to rationale, you just want to insult. YOU are to blame for the Donald's presidency.

100% incorrect. EVERY SINGLE post/conversation/debate I had with ANYONE about this election was sourced, sited, and without any name calling nor a harsh tone even.

This is "after the fact" because apparently it's acceptable, and cool, to just say the most ridiculous things because then hey, I'm "telling it like it is."
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
November 9th, 2016 at 9:29:19 AM permalink

Do you really think it will be overturned in his term? I would bet against that.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Romes
Romes
November 9th, 2016 at 9:29:56 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Neither is Bill Cosby then?

Quote: DRich

Do you really think it will be overturned in his term? I would bet against that.

One of the first things he'll do is appoint a justice, which he already said would be one to overturn roe v wade... 4 years is a long enough time to get that to happen, and even if he indirectly makes it happen 10 years from now, is that somehow better?
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
November 9th, 2016 at 9:32:32 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Trump rape lawsuit.
At least a few people do.
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
November 9th, 2016 at 9:34:14 AM permalink

100% incorrect. EVERY SINGLE post/conversation/debate I had with ANYONE about this election was sourced, sited, and without any name calling nor a harsh tone even.

This is "after the fact" because apparently it's acceptable, and cool, to just say the most ridiculous things because then hey, I'm "telling it like it is."

I think Trump is a tool. However, insulting his voters doesn't get us anywhere. I look towards the silver lining, in that I HOPE he will nominate constitutional justices to keep a fair balance. I know that was a driving force behind some of my friends who didn't like him and still voted for him. So, again, your blanket statement, not very helpful.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
November 9th, 2016 at 9:50:43 AM permalink

I think Trump is a tool. However, insulting his voters doesn't get us anywhere. I look towards the silver lining, in that I HOPE he will nominate constitutional justices to keep a fair balance. I know that was a driving force behind some of my friends who didn't like him and still voted for him. So, again, your blanket statement, not very helpful.

I don't think Trump will be able to get much done -- I think we're going to see epic obstructionism from the minority party in retaliation for the epic obstructionism in the recent past. I also think Ginsberg will stick around as long as she can. It's ridiculous that Garland hasn't been approved -- nobody thinks he's unqualified -- and I think McConnell has set a terrible precedent in that regard. It will come back to bite him.

As for the voters, you're right, insulting Trump voters doesn't get us anywhere. It's clear that he tapped into a long-simmering sense of "hey, Washington, stop ignoring my problems" that Hillary didn't, even with all her policy statements. She failed. A better approach would have been to actually fix those problems so they didn't need to vote for someone who acts like Trump in the first place. During the campaign, Trump has directly threatened several of our constitutional liberties, including the right to speak freely, the right to religious freedom, the right to equal protection, the right to due process, and the right against cruel and usual punishment. It's not clear which of his statements or campaign promises are hyperbole and which he intends to act on. But "opening up libel laws" would be an ominous sign.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
November 9th, 2016 at 10:03:51 AM permalink
Quote: ahiromu

Lastly... I got to vote for my own boss. Let's just hope he doesn't decide to meddle in IP.

You work at the PTO, right? Here's ArsTechnica's take on Trump's IP policies:

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/11/what-the-trump-win-means-for-tech-science-and-beyond/
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
November 9th, 2016 at 10:18:10 AM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

Or not. Global markets shaky but stable. I was bracing for a 10% dip in my portfolio based on the futures last night; it's down about 1% right now (I'm diversified across small/large cap, domestic/foreign equity and bonds).

I have to admit, I'm in a much better mood right now than last night at 11pm or so, when the US futures were off 4% or so. Asia got whacked but the domestic market is up about a point right now. Like you, I'm widely diversified; I'm down today overall on the foreign part but it looked much, much worse when I went to bed.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
November 9th, 2016 at 10:24:32 AM permalink
I sense some bitterness in the posts today....

The fact is the people spoke, record numbers voted.
From the dumb ass redneck to some of the finest intellectuals the world has ever seen, and the vast majority that are somewhere in between. They spoke in spite of the many millions difference in money spent, they spoke in spite of the well oiled machine that busses voters to the polls and knocks on every door.

Did they make a mistake? Possibly.

They will get to speak again, reacess the situation again, in a couple years.

To continue to insult the Trump voters here, on a damn gambling forum, just belittles you.
I voted for Trump, did not do so with enthusiasm, I had to choose.

You can choose to believe in this country, which is it's voters after all.
Or you can choose not to, in which case there are planes and busses leaving every day.

God bless America, home of the free.
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
Artemis
Artemis
  • Threads: 20
November 9th, 2016 at 10:44:13 AM permalink
I like this writeup & analysis on the results of the election.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/us-election-results-and-state-by-state-maps/
Donald won by the electoral votes, and Hillary won by the popular votes. Donald (with 276 EVs) will go to the White House. Hillary (with 218 EVs) stays home.
I'm OK with Corps which pick and choose clienteles. Both insurance companies and casinos have the right to pick and choose customers. They may keep profitable ones and kicked out the rest. But, I'm not OK with a casino supervisor who says counting cards... is like stealing food from a buffet (a foodlifting offense), or video-taping a movie in a cinema (a piracy offense).
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
November 9th, 2016 at 10:46:57 AM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

From the dumb ass redneck to some of the finest intellectuals the world has ever seen, and the vast majority that are somewhere in between. They spoke in spite of the many millions difference in money spent, they spoke in spite of the well oiled machine that busses voters to the polls and knocks on every door.

To continue to insult the Trump voters here, on a damn gambling forum, just belittles you.

Or you can choose not to, in which case there are planes and busses leaving every day.

It's not bitterness, it's fear. Let's hope that God does indeed bless America and that it remains the land of the free. Freedom to speak without fear of retribution. Freedom to worship without fear of persecution.

And if not, let's hope the freedom to leave isn't one of the first to go. At least 1/3 of the country woke up this morning fearful of what rights they would lose in the near future. Dismissing that fear is as unwise as was dismissing the anger that propelled Trump to victory.
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
November 9th, 2016 at 10:50:22 AM permalink
Lost of obvious low hanging fruit this morning before the bell.

Big gains for Construction, Defense, Pharma.

Dow up 1,000 off overnight lows.

So much for Mark Cuban's prediction the market would tank with a Trump win.

Zero Hedge
  • Threads: 31
November 9th, 2016 at 11:30:30 AM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

Romes' "telling it like it is" is very mild compare to Trump's racist, bigotry, sexist and other inflammatory remarks. But then you criticized Romes for "telling it like it is" and rewarded Trump's racist, bigotry, sexist and other inflammatory remarks with your vote, and subsequently a POTUS title. As I've state numerous time before, I'm not proud that we had just elected a racist, bigot, sexist, and rapist to a POTUS position.

You rewarded Trump for his bad behavior (please don't play semantic and tell me that it wasn't a vote for Trump, but rather it was meant to punish Hillary).

It is completely idiotic to suggest that one must leave the country for telling it like it is or for not believing in Trump or the country. One must speak out against those who rewarded bad behaviors and against racist, bigotry, sexism in any forum.
  • Threads: 31
November 9th, 2016 at 11:33:46 AM permalink
Quote: Tanko

Lost of obvious low hanging fruit this morning before the bell.

Big gains for Construction, Defense, Pharma.

Dow up 1,000 off overnight lows.

So much for Mark Cuban's prediction the market would tank with a Trump win.

Zero Hedge

Cuban's prediction was right initially. But the market has since recovered because of Trump's conciliatory tone and Hillary's subsequent message of openness and giving Trump a chance.
Romes
Romes
November 9th, 2016 at 11:41:05 AM permalink
Quote: 777

Romes' "telling it like it is" is very mild compare to Trump's racist, bigotry, sexist and other inflammatory remarks. But then you criticized Romes for "telling it like it is" and rewarded Trump's racist, bigotry, sexist and other inflammatory remarks with your vote, and subsequently a POTUS title. As I've state numerous time before, I'm not proud that we had just elected a racist, bigot, sexist, and rapist to a POTUS position.

You rewarded Trump for his bad behavior (please don't play semantic and tell me that it wasn't a vote for Trump, but rather it was meant to punish Hillary).

It is completely idiotic to suggest that one must leave the country for telling it like it is or for not believing in Trump or the country. One must speak out against those who rewarded bad behaviors and against racist, bigotry, sexism in any forum.

+1

But it's okay when trump tells it like it is because it's entertaining... Reality TV. Whenever someone else does it with facts and logic, well, well then you're just being petty!
rxwine
rxwine
November 9th, 2016 at 11:46:39 AM permalink

Quote: 777

+1

But it's okay when trump tells it like it is because it's entertaining... Reality TV. Whenever someone else does it with facts and logic, well, well then you're just being petty!

Yeah, Trump voters complaining about insults need to remember who the hell they voted for.

Heck, Trump himself implied you were stupid or idiots when he said people would vote for him if he shot someone. And they did.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
November 9th, 2016 at 11:51:04 AM permalink
20 million Americans woke up today in fear of losing their health insurance.
5 million Americans woke up today in fear that their parents may be deported and they will have to choose between their family and their country.
Millions of married gay couple now face an uncertain future.
Millions of Muslim Americans now wonder if they have a place in Trumps America.
Tens of millions of women fear they are going to lose the right to choose what happens with their bodies.
Today, we mourn. Tomorrow we take up the fight.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
rxwine
rxwine
November 9th, 2016 at 12:08:47 PM permalink
Quote: MathExtremist

During the campaign, Trump has directly threatened several of our constitutional liberties, including the right to speak freely, the right to religious freedom, the right to equal protection, the right to due process, and the right against cruel and usual punishment. It's not clear which of his statements or campaign promises are hyperbole and which he intends to act on. But "opening up libel laws" would be an ominous sign.

Some people have said there is no need to worry about anything he can't legally do.

That's not much of an endorsement of character.

If the Presidency is such a symbolic position, then yes, let's just have a beauty contest instead and elect someone pretty to look at. (I guess Evenbob would be happier)
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 135
November 9th, 2016 at 12:24:12 PM permalink
I thought that Trump was going to lose by perhaps the largest landslide in American history. I don't think there has ever been a major party candidate as incompetent, less presidential, less knowledgable about the issues, without tact, lacking in diplomacy or as crude as he. And yet I'm glad he won.

I remember when that small group of Black Lives Matter activists took over the microphone at a Bernie Sanders' rally. He let it happen. And do you know why? Because he did not have the guts to do what was right. He knew that if the activists were forced by security from the stage that it would make the evening news on every TV station. And the activists would have resisted being removed from the stage because the news media would have shown the ruckus and said "Here we have some footage of Black Lives Matter activists being removed from a Bernie Sanders rally because they were denied the the right to free speech." And the black activists would have loved it if they were forcibly removed so that they could squirm and flail on the ground. Resisting being removed from the stage for trying to take over a rally is the same kind of behavior that gets many blacks on the street in trouble. They have an ingrained attitude that they should resist arrest.

Why is this important? Because it would never happen at a Trump rally. He wouldn't put up with it. But democrats don't want to offend anybody.

Of course, you could say that I'm talking about Bernie Sanders not Hillary. But Hillary would do or say anything to have been president. She would appease any group except the KKK or the American Nazi Party. She would sleep with the Devil to get elected. Hillary, with her big fake smile.

At least Trumps foibles and faults are on the outside, not hidden behind a fake facade of smiles and lies like Hillary.

So I'm glad he won. Now God help us. Please Mr. Trump don't get us into a shooting war. Please learn some humility. Try to be presidential. Have respect for the office and the faith the American people have granted you.

I wish him the best.

But this could be one big mistake.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
November 9th, 2016 at 12:32:20 PM permalink
He can't be forgiven for spewing vile hateful words about Mexicans.

He can't be forgiven for ridiculing disabled people.

He can't be forgiven for playing coy with white supremacists.

He can't be forgiven for calling Hillary crooked.

He can't be forgiven for saying the election was rigged if he didn't win.

He can't be forgiven for saying Carly Fiorina has an ugly face.

He can't be forgiven for calling various women fat and pigs.

He doesn't deserve to be forgiven.

He deserves to be punished.
Please don't feed the trolls
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
November 9th, 2016 at 12:32:25 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

5 million Americans woke up today in fear that their parents may be deported and they will have to choose between their family and their country.
Tens of millions of women fear they are going to lose the right to choose what happens with their bodies.

Wow. This is scary and I actually totally agree with it. Luckily he cannot act on his own.

The American people have spoken, and shown this is what zero progress in the last 60 years looks like. Just deep rooted hatred for your fellow man being held back that finally boiled over
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
November 9th, 2016 at 12:46:05 PM permalink
The biggest gainer in the stock market on the day after Trump is elected is a company that owns private prisons.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
November 9th, 2016 at 12:48:37 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

This. And more than this, electing Trump validates his behavior and attitudes, from stiffing workers to grabbing genitals, all the ugly name calling, self-serving lies, hypocrisy, and disregard for laws and principles.

I fear for our country, and the example he sets. If anyone is supposed to be a.role model, it's our President. God forbid anyone emulate this one.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
November 9th, 2016 at 1:00:44 PM permalink
Where were the women voters? I was confident they would push Hillary Clinton to victory, but there was less support for her from women than for Obama. Maybe they didn't want Hillary to break the "glass ceiling"?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
November 9th, 2016 at 1:09:49 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I fear for our country, and the example he sets. If anyone is supposed to be a.role model, it's our President. God forbid anyone emulate this one.

Would you have said the same if Hillary had won? I think not. Many have the opinion that she has committed crimes, sold favors to foreign governments, been for armed conflict for political gain, sold out to Wall Street interests, etc.... You, 777, ME, ams, billyryan, etc, keep spouting opinions about MR. Trump as if they are facts. They are not. Half of America (Trump voters) would argue with you. You liberals can repeat as many times as you want all your opinions of him, it does not make them true. By the way, I agree with you on many of your opinions of him, but the majority of America does not.

The only thing that I think we can now all agree on..... Hillary Clinton is the weakest nominee ever......... even with the built in lead our present day demographics give the Democrat nominee, and even with the most flawed Republican candidate..... she couldn't win, or really even come close in the vote that counts, the Electoral College.

I will now do what both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama have so eloquently stated in their speeches today.... I will give Mr. Trump a chance...
Canyonero
Canyonero
  • Threads: 40
November 9th, 2016 at 1:10:41 PM permalink
I didn't really want to visit this forum tonight, but I am glad I did. Many of you spoke out against Trump. whereas before the election it seemed this forum was dominated by people who believe that agitaing against ethnicities, religions or women does not disqualify one from the presidency. I do not want to associate with these people. Clinton did suck, but the red lines of decency and humanity were crossed by Trump, not her.

I have a Vegas trip booked in February. I don't really fell like going at the moment. (It will pass, though.) I have nothing to fear, probably. I am as "Aryan" (I think the concept of being an "Aryan" is disgusting, but may matter in Trumps America) as they come, and my name is clearly German. But what if it weren't? If my skin was brown and my name was Omar Ebrahimi (which is actually the name of a - also very German - friend of mine). I would spend the next few months worrying if I have to spend part of my vacation with border police, being "extreme vetted". Or they might just send me home outright. So now I feel guilty about my white privilege - I will NOT have to worry, because racist America thinks I am one of the good foreigners.

I do understand that Blacks and Latinos face real challenges now. So take the above paragraph as just a story about how Trump's America and Vegas tourism may be related.
rxwine
rxwine
November 9th, 2016 at 1:27:01 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

The only thing that I think we can now all agree on..... Hillary Clinton is the weakest nominee ever.........

Actually, I don't think she was any weaker than John Kerry (who also lost). And they were both similarly not ideal visual candidates for people to love.

Simple as that.
rainman
rainman
  • Threads: 18
November 9th, 2016 at 1:27:48 PM permalink
Every Election the losing side proclaims the world is going to end, and it never does.
The impact to your day to day existence for most will be non existent so wipe your
tears blow your nose everything will be alright.
Canyonero
Canyonero
  • Threads: 40
November 9th, 2016 at 1:35:27 PM permalink
Quote: rainman

The impact to your day to day existence for most will be non existent

10 to 1 this was written by a white person.
rainman
rainman
  • Threads: 18
November 9th, 2016 at 1:41:49 PM permalink
Almost albino.
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
November 9th, 2016 at 1:42:02 PM permalink
Quote: MathExtremist

You work at the PTO, right? Here's ArsTechnica's take on Trump's IP policies:

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/11/what-the-trump-win-means-for-tech-science-and-beyond/

Yes, in patents, and thank you. The AIA isn't going anywhere, I refuse to believe they would turn the page back on that. In reality, the big thing is who becomes the new director. Both directors under Obama were supporters/bundlers. The current one... let's just say there have been issues. Nothing major, but the screws have been tightening for some time. As long as a new director allows teleworking to keep going as it is, there should be no real insurrection. As a note, talking to the old guard, our best director in recent history came from the Bush administration. This is obviously coming from a different point of view than people on the outside.

The biggest IP case in recent memory, Alice, was a unanimous decision on the Supreme Court. The AIA was passed with bipartisan support, 89 senators voted in favor of it. I don't see IP (at least patents) being much of a partisan issue.
Last edited by: ahiromu on Nov 9, 2016
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
rxwine
rxwine
November 9th, 2016 at 1:46:06 PM permalink
With both houses of Congress and the Presidency now the Republicans can take on serious entitlement cuts all by themselves. Or make lots of excuses.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
November 9th, 2016 at 2:21:18 PM permalink
Quote: Canyonero

10 to 1 this was written by a white person.

Why would you write such a bigoted, hate filled post like this?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
  • Jump to: