12 votes (10.08%)
10 votes (8.4%)
4 votes (3.36%)
3 votes (2.52%)

119 members have voted

• Threads: 31
November 9th, 2016 at 2:25:04 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Would you have said the same if Hillary had won? I think not. Many have the opinion that she has committed crimes, sold favors to foreign governments, been for armed conflict for political gain, sold out to Wall Street interests, etc.... You, 777, ME, ams, billyryan, etc, keep spouting opinions about MR. Trump as if they are facts. They are not. Half of America (Trump voters) would argue with you. You liberals can repeat as many times as you want all your opinions of him, it does not make them true. By the way, I agree with you on many of your opinions of him, but the majority of America does not.

The only thing that I think we can now all agree on..... Hillary Clinton is the weakest nominee ever......... even with the built in lead our present day demographics give the Democrat nominee, and even with the most flawed Republican candidate..... she couldn't win, or really even come close in the vote that counts, the Electoral College.

I will now do what both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama have so eloquently stated in their speeches today.... I will give Mr. Trump a chance...

No, the same thing would not have said if Hillary had won because she is not a racist, bigot, sexist or a rapist.

Several centuries ago majority of America legitimized slavery, and white can lynch black with impunity. Just because something was supported or voted by majority of America does not mean that the majority was right.

Elect Trump to a POTUS position would only legitimize and encourage racist, bigot, sexist behaviors, and demean the high moral value of our society. I'm very ashamed that we had just elected a racist, bigot, sexist and rapist to lead our nation.

Although we should give Trump a chance for the sake of national unity, but we must continue to speak out against Trump's racist, bigot, sexist character, and those who share or support his bad character.
Canyonero
Canyonero
  • Threads: 40
November 9th, 2016 at 2:26:14 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Why would you write such a bigoted, hate filled post like this?

If you put your mind to it really hard, you can figure it out! I believe in you, azduffman!
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 53
November 9th, 2016 at 2:29:29 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

He can't be forgiven for spewing vile hateful words about Mexicans.

He can't be forgiven for ridiculing disabled people.

He can't be forgiven for playing coy with white supremacists.

He can't be forgiven for calling Hillary crooked.

He can't be forgiven for saying the election was rigged if he didn't win.

He can't be forgiven for saying Carly Fiorina has an ugly face.

He can't be forgiven for calling various women fat and pigs.

He doesn't deserve to be forgiven.

He deserves to be punished.

He doesn't need to be forgiven for calling Hillary crooked.
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
November 9th, 2016 at 3:16:08 PM permalink
For all the claims Hillary was a bad choice, she is still leading Trump in the popular vote.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
rainman
rainman
  • Threads: 18
November 9th, 2016 at 3:21:07 PM permalink
This election had no good choice. This election was about choosing which pile of s#*! you want to step in.
FDEAD3709
FDEAD3709
  • Threads: 2
November 9th, 2016 at 3:23:50 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

For all the claims Hillary was a bad choice, she is still leading Trump in the popular vote.

And she did finish second in the electoral college!
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
November 9th, 2016 at 3:32:22 PM permalink

The only thing that I think we can now all agree on..... Hillary Clinton is the weakest nominee ever......... even with the built in lead our present day demographics give the Democrat nominee, and even with the most flawed Republican candidate..... she couldn't win, or really even come close in the vote that counts, the Electoral College.

She was a totally awful candidate. She expected it to be handed to her, like everything in her life has been. She could not sell herself. Trump knows how to sell himself and his ideas, in the real world you have to do that. You cannot just say you are "uniquely qualified." You have to explain why, over, over, and over.

She is an awful, unlikable human being. Everything about her always came off as appearing fake. Her positions have shifted so much over the years you have no idea what she really thinks or believes. The only people that seem to really "like" her for her are radical feminists and their omega-male boyfriends.

I saw an article on some of those feminists. I had to laugh about how they were crying, some on the floor, as things got worse and worse. They then wonder why men do not take them serious. Same with the whole "first woman" thing, that is not how a serious candidate runs.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
November 9th, 2016 at 3:35:08 PM permalink
http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/nov/2/donald-trump-holds-high-flag-gay-equality/

This just doesn't make sense to me, the media told me he was a bigot. Surely he hates gay people?
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
November 9th, 2016 at 3:48:56 PM permalink
I just got done listening to her speech. It was soaked with bitterness and division. She was not talking to America. She was talking to her supporters about fighting back. She had so much insinuation about how women can still be heard, and girls should still have dreams, and people can all still feel equal. Basically inferring Trump is against those things.
It was all about celebrating her campaign over and over again, and basically nothing about Trump and the good he might offer. I don't know. It just felt so divisive. She was clearly speaking only to her side. Trump at least spoke to America as a whole.

Then she called herself a champion. I'm not sold on that. She wanted to make history. Well, she did, as the only candidate to send her supporters away that waited hours without so much as a single word.
MaxPen
MaxPen
November 9th, 2016 at 3:54:03 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Considering 1/2 of America is dependent on the government and are in fear of losing "entitlements", is that really a surprise. Trump has more compassion in 1/5 of his heart than Hillary has in her whole body. Relax.
mikeabiomed
mikeabiomed
  • Threads: 1
November 9th, 2016 at 4:11:31 PM permalink
You know, I woke up today, after 3 hours of sleep, and thought I had dreamt that Trump won the election. And then I realized it was a dream and it came true. I've had a fantastic day just knowing the freedom we've worked so hard for, is no longer on the chopping block. Basically, a day God set aside here in Northern Nevada on November 9th with sunny calm mid-seventies temps. Very memorable and peaceful. Not a care in the world for good reason. It's been almost eight years since I've felt this blissful feeling. I'm thinking it will only get better for those who believe it will. I'm gonna crack a cold one now. Have a nice day!
Reno Mike
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
November 9th, 2016 at 4:23:26 PM permalink
Generally I'm wary of all the control in one party, but at least there's an opportunity to improve or get rid of Obamacare so as a younger healthy person I'm not expected to pay for 4 ridiculously unhealthy people's healthcare. Maybe I can choose to get decent health insurance again (I can afford it but F that, right now as a youngish healthy person that's like choosing to pay $100 for a meal at McDonald's)
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
November 9th, 2016 at 4:49:34 PM permalink
I didn't realize until just now that HRC won the popular vote. When I went to bed last she was well behind. That is a shame that the majority of the US wants her and she loses.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
November 9th, 2016 at 4:53:32 PM permalink
Donald Trump is going to be among the best presidents the USA has ever had. Kids in the near future will be learning about the greats: George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Franklin Roosevelt, and Donald Trump. Obama will soonly be forgotten.
RS
RS
November 9th, 2016 at 4:58:53 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Why would you write such a bigoted, hate filled post like this?

It's okay to make racist comments against white people.....or so it seems.
rxwine
rxwine
November 9th, 2016 at 5:24:53 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

It was all about celebrating her campaign over and over again, and basically nothing about Trump and the good he might offer..

So what. Trump doesn't deserve any hugs anyway. You can go hug him, he's a germophobe though.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
RS
RS
November 9th, 2016 at 5:56:42 PM permalink
Looks like there's a bunch of idiots out there protesting DJT's election glorious victory.

What are they even protesting over? Was there election fraud, stolen or uncounted votes, or something like that? Get over yourself: Trump won, Clinton lost. What are they trying to accomplish? LOL
MaxPen
MaxPen
November 9th, 2016 at 6:02:09 PM permalink
Quote: RS

Looks like there's a bunch of idiots out there protesting DJT's election glorious victory.

What are they even protesting over? Was there election fraud, stolen or uncounted votes, or something like that? Get over yourself: Trump won, Clinton lost. What are they trying to accomplish? LOL

Their divisive leader told them to keep fighting today after leaving them hanging last night.
MaxPen
MaxPen
November 9th, 2016 at 6:06:13 PM permalink
Best thing one could do right now is buy gold "really silver ;-)" because it will play an important role in the upcoming recovery process. Trump is pro gold, even took some as a deposit from a commercial tenant a few years back.

http://fortune.com/2016/08/18/trump-gold-standard-economic-advisor-woman-judy-shelton/
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
November 9th, 2016 at 6:09:14 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Generally I'm wary of all the control in one party, but at least there's an opportunity to improve or get rid of Obamacare so as a younger healthy person I'm not expected to pay for 4 ridiculously unhealthy people's healthcare.

If that's really what you want, you'll need to get rid of Medicare, not the ACA. You're paying 1.45% of your paycheck every two weeks to the insurance fund for Americans 65 and older, who are on average far more unhealthy than you are. So is your employer, for a total of 2.9%. As a younger healthy person, do you want to eliminate Medicare and get back that 1.45% of your paycheck?
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
November 9th, 2016 at 6:29:30 PM permalink

What are they even protesting over?

Pretty sure they're protesting that a man who displays open bigotry was just elected to represent them. For many Americans, someone who bases his treatment of people on their gender, faith, ethnicity, or sexual orientation can never truly represent them. And before you protest that Trump doesn't seem overtly anti-gay, Mike Pence is.

Bigotry is worthy of protest. Bigotry is antithetical to our national creed that "all men are created equal." Perhaps you are fortunate enough to have never experienced bigotry, but I am not. Or perhaps those fortunes are reversed in that I do personally understand discrimination, and maybe you don't. But if you do understand it, or if you believe in the principles set forth in the Constitution's Fourteenth Amendment, then you should hope beyond hope that President Trump acts like the Donald Trump who spoke last night and not like the Donald Trump who has been speaking for the past eighteen months (or several decades).

It would make me exceedingly happy if it turns out Trump is a centrist with reasonable governance plans, and only targeted the combination of angry blue collar workers, under-educated Americans, and bigots because he knew capturing that combination would carry the election (which it did). He effectively gave hope to angry blue collar workers (which Hillary did not), gave simple answers to under-educated Americans (which Hillary did not), and gave divisive rhetoric to bigots (which Hillary did not). If he truly had that strategic foresight and executed that plan with literally nobody catching on, he may well be worthy of the office. But I fear I'm being charitable.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
MaxPen
MaxPen
November 9th, 2016 at 6:38:55 PM permalink
Quote: MathExtremist

Pretty sure they're protesting that a man who displays open bigotry was just elected to represent them. For many Americans, someone who bases his treatment of people on their gender, faith, or ethnicity can never truly represent them.

Bigotry is worthy of protest. Bigotry is antithetical to our national creed that "all men are created equal." Perhaps you are fortunate enough to have never experienced bigotry, but I am not. Or perhaps those fortunes are reversed in that I do personally understand discrimination, and maybe you don't. But if you do understand it, or if you believe in the principles set forth in the Constitution's Fourteenth Amendment, then you should hope beyond hope that President Trump acts like the Donald Trump who spoke last night and not like the Donald Trump who has been speaking for the past eighteen months (or several decades).

It would make me exceedingly happy if it turns out Trump is a centrist with reasonable governance plans, and only targeted the combination of angry blue collar workers, under-educated Americans, and bigots because he knew capturing that combination would carry the election (which it did). He effectively gave hope to angry blue collar workers (which Hillary did not), gave simple answers to under-educated Americans (which Hillary did not), and gave divisive rhetoric to bigots (which Hillary did not). If he truly had that strategic foresight and executed that plan with literally nobody catching on, he may well be worthy of the office. But I fear I'm being charitable.

Wow just Wow.....Blue collar Americans fought for, built, and feed this country.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
November 9th, 2016 at 6:41:49 PM permalink

Wow just Wow.....Blue collar Americans fought for, built, and feed this country.

Yes, we did. And then many of us moved up the corporate ladder, making more money, while others didn't. Trump's stated plan to fix that problem is to tax the wealthier people *less*. How much sense does that make?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
November 9th, 2016 at 6:52:59 PM permalink
Quote: Romes

A molotov cocktail would be gentle compared to this...

From watching the Apprentice, it is very clear Trump has a philosophy of winning by any means necessary. On the show he never punishes playing dirty to win and sometimes compliments it. My personal opinion is that he spoke like Santa Claus on the campaign trail, promising everything without cost, and we bought it hook line and sinker. However, I think he knew he had to do that to win. What will the real Trump president do? We'll wait and see but I think he will look a lot different than candidate Trump.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
MaxPen
MaxPen
November 9th, 2016 at 7:05:59 PM permalink

Yes, we did. And then many of us moved up the corporate ladder, making more money, while others didn't. Trump's stated plan to fix that problem is to tax the wealthier people *less*. How much sense does that make?

There's not room at the "top" for everybody. Everybody should be offered an opportunity to be the best that they desire. Far fewer value money over common decency and respect.
Does everyone who makes more money and have a better education than another consider those with less a bigot? How much sense did that question make?

In the words of Hillary's campaign slogan we are" Stronger Together". Now lets get to work and make things better.
rxwine
rxwine
November 9th, 2016 at 7:07:02 PM permalink

So did slaves, and various immigrants from many countries.
RS
RS
November 9th, 2016 at 7:11:38 PM permalink

Pretty sure they're protesting that a man who displays open bigotry was just elected to represent them. For many Americans, someone who bases his treatment of people on their gender, faith, ethnicity, or sexual orientation can never truly represent them. And before you protest that Trump doesn't seem overtly anti-gay, Mike Pence is.

What are the protestors trying to accomplish? Is there some law or person in position of power who could "veto" Trump from being the next president, that I don't know about? Not that I support the BLM whackjobs, but at least they have/had a purpose and working to accomplish something.

I don't think Trump is all those bad things the media says he is. It isn't hard to twist and manipulate someone's words, making him look racist. I mean, look at how the media reported all the stuff with the Khan family. The media made sure to make the Khan parents look like heroes and like they sacrificed something (their son is a hero and sacrificed his life for our country....not the parents), while attacking Trump because he hasn't sacrificed his life......give me a break!

I don't think it was too long ago the libs were saying Trump supporters would be protesting the day after the election......oh, how the tides have turned.

Ivanka Trump 2040 - you heard it here first.
MaxPen
MaxPen
November 9th, 2016 at 7:25:54 PM permalink

Eric Trump 2024

Don Jr. 2032

Baron Trump 2048

;-)
MaxPen
MaxPen
November 9th, 2016 at 7:31:32 PM permalink

What are the protestors trying to accomplish? Is there some law or person in position of power who could "veto" Trump from being the next president, that I don't know about? Not that I support the BLM whackjobs, but at least they have/had a purpose and working to accomplish something.

I don't think Trump is all those bad things the media says he is. It isn't hard to twist and manipulate someone's words, making him look racist. I mean, look at how the media reported all the stuff with the Khan family. The media made sure to make the Khan parents look like heroes and like they sacrificed something (their son is a hero and sacrificed his life for our country....not the parents), while attacking Trump because he hasn't sacrificed his life......give me a break!

I don't think it was too long ago the libs were saying Trump supporters would be protesting the day after the election......oh, how the tides have turned.

They should all be educated on their constitutional rights to peacefully assemble and petition the government while also NOT INTERFERING WITH THE CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS of other people to pursue life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness - i.e., use the public funded streets and sidewalks without interference.

Hopefully the government is not forced to go 1968 style on their asses.

But then again this is what Dear Leader told them to do in her concession speech. Maybe she is paying them 1500.00 each like she did when she sent them to disrupt the Trump rally in Chicago. Putting the leftover campaign money to use.
MaxPen
MaxPen
November 9th, 2016 at 7:39:12 PM permalink
Listen live to what the police have to deal with.

https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/17695

All this even though Trump promised them an education.

Getting serious police freakin out.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
November 9th, 2016 at 7:49:50 PM permalink

There's not room at the "top" for everybody. Everybody should be offered an opportunity to be the best that they desire. Far fewer value money over common decency and respect.

You just elected a president who espouses precisely the opposite philosophy -- he values money over decency and respect. Or have you been hiding under a rock over the past 18 months and not heard a single word he's said?
MaxPen
MaxPen
November 9th, 2016 at 8:20:50 PM permalink

You just elected a president who espouses precisely the opposite philosophy -- he values money over decency and respect. Or have you been hiding under a rock over the past 18 months and not heard a single word he's said?

Tell that to William Campudoni

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle/2016/11/07/pro-boxer-shares-how-donald-trump-changed-his-life-n2242514

He treats his barber, butler, shoe shiner, tradesmen, janitors, doorman, need I list more with the respect they deserve. Respect is earned not given. He doesn't try to belittle and holdback. He provides opportunity and promotes division only when relentlessly attacked. Then again, he's not gonna be able to hold everybody's hand and coddle them.
rxwine
rxwine
November 9th, 2016 at 8:42:56 PM permalink

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle/2016/11/07/pro-boxer-shares-how-donald-trump-changed-his-life-n2242514

He treats his barber, butler, shoe shiner, tradesmen, janitors, doorman, need I list more with the respect they deserve. Respect is earned not given. He doesn't try to belittle and holdback. He provides opportunity and promotes division only when relentlessly attacked. Then again, he's not gonna be able to hold everybody's hand and coddle them.

Well, I love him if he bamboozled the uneducated and educated bigots into voting for him. I would consider that a win win.

They'll be in for the real surprise not those who opposed him for that reason. He still has a big sexism problem, and even is a possible rapist. But anything good is better than nothing. He still is a possible con man as well. But we'll see. Even mafia bosses knew it was good policy to look like a hero once in awhile. So, there's that.
  • Threads: 31
November 9th, 2016 at 8:44:50 PM permalink

I will now do what both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama have so eloquently stated in their speeches today.... I will give Mr. Trump a chance...

Hillary Clinton is the most experience and most qualified candidate ever to run for the Presidency. And no, she is not the weakest nominee ever. Hillary is a victim of GOP endless obstructions that gave rise to anti-establishment wave which Trump (and Sander too) rightfully seized the opportunity. I don't fault Trump for seizing the opportunity, but the fault in Trump is that he is a racist, bigot, sexist and rapist.

Since March the GOP controlled Senate unreasonably withheld vote on Merrick Garland Supreme Court nomination. If Trump were to extend an olive branch in the name of national unity and to restore trust in American people by re-nominating Merrick Garland to fill Scalia's seat, will you still give Trump a chance?[bg]
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
November 9th, 2016 at 8:57:06 PM permalink

Would you have said the same if Hillary had won? I think not. Many have the opinion that she has committed crimes, sold favors to foreign governments, been for armed conflict for political gain, sold out to Wall Street interests, etc.... You, 777, ME, ams, billyryan, etc, keep spouting opinions about MR. Trump as if they are facts. They are not. Half of America (Trump voters) would argue with you. You liberals can repeat as many times as you want all your opinions of him, it does not make them true. By the way, I agree with you on many of your opinions of him, but the majority of America does not.

I would disagree about weakest on the facts. She won the popular vote by over 200k. Not a fact, but likely a conclusion, the FBI accusation 10 days before the election (and while millions of early votes were cast), only to be retracted 36 hours before polls opened as a non-event, was a large factor in her loss. Along with (fact) 7 million fewer votes than Obama got that Trump didn't get either.

On Trump, how many Presidents have been such bad businessmen they declared bankruptcy 4 times? Sued or been sued for worker non -payment among other things over 3500 times? Hired illegal aliens? Openly committed adultery with at least 2 other women? Married a porn model? Led a campaign of lies and innuendo against a sitting president for years, undermining his credibility? Run a sham university? Misappropriated charitable funds?

Let alone the other stuff, for which there is plenty of evidence, the majority of it first-person. This is not a role model; this is a disgrace. There is no defending his past. There is only the future. Hopefully we will survive it as a democracy.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
November 9th, 2016 at 9:04:30 PM permalink

Yes, you do need to list more. That's ten people. I'm sure Trump is nice to people who are nice to him first, but that's not particularly noteworthy. He shouldn't promote division ever if he wants to sit in the Oval Office. Not when attacked, not when criticized, not when insulted. Never. Remember the Pledge of Allegiance?

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

For all. Not just for his base, not just for the alt-right, not just for the skinhead Trump supporters who did this today:

http://philadelphia.adl.org/news/adl-horrified-by-swastikas-trump-and-seig-heil-2016-graffiti/

When Trump denigrates his detractors using racist or bigoted language, it signals the minority of true deplorables in this country that it's okay to come out from hiding. Trump isn't draining the swamp, he's dredging up the scum at the bottom allowing it to rise to the top.
MaxPen
MaxPen
November 9th, 2016 at 9:09:41 PM permalink
Some say Scalia was Arkancided. Obama has had his fair share of appointments. The plan to shift the balance of power by taking out Scalia before end of term has failed.
MaxPen
MaxPen
November 9th, 2016 at 9:13:50 PM permalink
That graffiti has a Latino font. Pure propaganda to fuel civil unrest. When are we going to lock George Soros up? Definitely a THINK PROGRESS op.
Last edited by: MaxPen on Nov 9, 2016
MaxPen
MaxPen
November 9th, 2016 at 9:19:27 PM permalink
I implore you to listen to Trump's acceptance speech and find anything divisive. He is attempting to unify the country.

Now, go listen to the extremely divisive, tardy I might add, Hillary concession speech.
MaxPen
MaxPen
November 9th, 2016 at 9:31:23 PM permalink

Yes, you do need to list more. That's ten people. I'm sure Trump is nice to people who are nice to him first, but that's not particularly noteworthy. He shouldn't promote division ever if he wants to sit in the Oval Office. Not when attacked, not when criticized, not when insulted. Never. Remember the Pledge of Allegiance?

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

I most certainly do remember it. Why? When I was in school we said it every morning in home room. It has since been banned in most schools across America along with Christmas. Pack up the prayer rugs because it is going to make a comeback.

I also heard about the Republic in which we were founded and a little confused why we refer to ourselves as a Democracy. Thank god, Trump wants to be a little less progressive, because if nothing else, history shows Democracies are usually followed by Dictatorships. So let's put down the Saul Alinsky books and take a few steps back to the Republic upon which we were founded.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
November 9th, 2016 at 9:39:46 PM permalink

I implore you to listen to Trump's acceptance speech and find anything divisive. He is attempting to unify the country.

As I said earlier, I hope that's who we get in the Oval Office. Not the guy who was running for the past 18 months, bragged about ogling naked teenagers, and defrauded wanna-be real estate investors.

He goes to trial on that last one later this month. Appearing as a class-action defendant three weeks after being elected doesn't look very good, and that's just the civil trial. From what I've read, he's due in court later on federal racketeering charges. That's a criminal charge. Don't forget that a sitting president has no immunity for actions taken before he took office.

http://fortune.com/2016/03/08/trump-university-financial-elder-abuse-charges/

What happens if he's indicted for RICO violations? He faces up to 20 years in prison.

Or will he pardon himself?
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
November 9th, 2016 at 9:48:57 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

On Trump, how many Presidents have been such bad businessmen they declared bankruptcy 4 times?

A picture is worth a thousand words:

billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
November 9th, 2016 at 9:57:56 PM permalink

As I said earlier, I hope that's who we get in the Oval Office. Not the guy who was running for the past 18 months, bragged about ogling naked teenagers, and defrauded wanna-be real estate investors.

He goes to trial on that last one later this month. Appearing as a class-action defendant three weeks after being elected doesn't look very good, and that's just the civil trial. From what I've read, he's due in court later on federal racketeering charges. That's a criminal charge. Don't forget that a sitting president has no immunity for actions taken before he took office.

http://fortune.com/2016/03/08/trump-university-financial-elder-abuse-charges/

What happens if he's indicted for RICO violations? He faces up to 20 years in prison.

Or will he pardon himself?

There is also the NY AGs investigation into Trump U. That's civil right now.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
MaxPen
MaxPen
November 9th, 2016 at 10:17:50 PM permalink

I really like the fact that he spent less than half of what Clinton spent getting to the White House. He got the job done under budget and on time. I have a feeling that we may tire of winning as a nation. Maybe he can find someone to help us with this.

Last edited by: MaxPen on Nov 9, 2016
RS
RS
November 9th, 2016 at 10:47:25 PM permalink

RS
RS
November 9th, 2016 at 10:58:40 PM permalink
Quick google search shows the following filed for bankruptcy:

Abraham Lincoln
Walt Disney
Henry Ford
Milton Hershey
H.J. Heinz

And a bunch of other people.

Is it possible Trump might have filed bankruptcy because it makes sense? I don't know how all that works, but it seems like it could be similar to using the tax codes (laws) to benefit you the best.

Did he actually lose almost $1B that one year? Or did he file his taxes in a way to show $1B in losses, even though he didn't? (I actually don't know and am not saying he did or didn't lose $1B.)
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
November 9th, 2016 at 11:01:23 PM permalink

Quick google search shows the following filed for bankruptcy:

Abraham Lincoln
Walt Disney
Henry Ford
Milton Hershey
H.J. Heinz

And a bunch of other people.

Is it possible Trump might have filed bankruptcy because it makes sense? I don't know how all that works, but it seems like it could be similar to using the tax codes (laws) to benefit you the best.

Did he actually lose almost $1B that one year? Or did he file his taxes in a way to show $1B in losses, even though he didn't? (I actually don't know and am not saying he did or didn't lose $1B.)

The nearly 1B loss came from a page in his state tax filing for that year, so either he really lost it or he filed fraudulent taxes. Pick your poison.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
November 9th, 2016 at 11:08:44 PM permalink

You just don't see the irony of what you're posting. You don't like higher debt? Trump's tax plan increases the debt by 31%:
Quote:

Under Trump's plan, individual income tax rates would be cut to 12 percent, 25 percent and 33 percent, while the corporate tax rate would be reduced to 15 percent from 35 percent and the estate tax would be eliminated.
Trump would end some tax breaks -- including the carried interest provision -- and cap deductions, but unless high rates of economic stimulus are assumed, the plan would reduce revenue on a large scale. The nonpartisan Tax Policy Center estimates that the plan would add $6.2 trillion over ten years to the federal debt.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-11-09/trump-win-could-spell-quick-tax-rate-cuts-obamacare-repeal

The debt is currently about 19.8T. Adding 6.2T is a 31% increase. What made you think Trump was going to cut the debt?

For what it's worth, if Trump cuts corporate rates to 15%, I'll probably incorporate and cut my tax bill in half. If every other self-employed consultant does the same, the U.S. is going to lose a lot of tax revenue.
RS
RS
November 9th, 2016 at 11:19:50 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

The nearly 1B loss came from a page in his state tax filing for that year, so either he really lost it or he filed fraudulent taxes. Pick your poison.

The little I know about taxes, I don't think it's that simple.

I didn't lose $150-200k in AP last year, but you can find that negative number (or thereabouts) on my tax papers for that year. And no, my taxes were not filed fraudulently.

O/
Last edited by: RS on Nov 9, 2016
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
November 9th, 2016 at 11:50:20 PM permalink
Quote: 777

Hillary Clinton is the most experience and most qualified candidate ever to run for the Presidency. And no, she is not the weakest nominee ever. Hillary is a victim of GOP endless obstructions that gave rise to anti-establishment wave which Trump (and Sander too) rightfully seized the opportunity. I don't fault Trump for seizing the opportunity, but the fault in Trump is that he is a racist, bigot, sexist and rapist.

Trump might be a rapist. So might bill, with hillary as his enabler. Maybe neither is.

Experience is a bit subjective, and qualification certainly is. Is being handed roles as part of a dynasty and a corrupt machine experience? Sort of. Is doing a terrible job and killing a bunch of people in those roles qualification? Maybe not.

She was the second most hated candidate ever, that's pretty objective. Though, maybe she was the first, as it turns out. I know you think everyone but you was brainwashed, but they weren't.

She lost ground among blacks, Asians and evn Latinos. To Donald trump. She lost in districts where Obama won by 20%.

Her, and other elitists will blame everyone but themselves, thereby digging themselves deeper.

Maybe if a few more movie stars call the people who gave them dream lives bigoted idiots, they'll come arround.
  • Jump to: