Thread Rating:

Ace2
Ace2
  • Threads: 32
February 20th, 2023 at 9:14:37 AM permalink
You shouldn’t eat any fish/seafood except wild-caught Alaskan salmon. The contaminants in it more than cancel the benefits.

Maybe once a month I’ll make shrimp Etouffee or blackened catfish but that’s all the fish/seafood I eat

Fortunately, I never liked eating seafood very often anyway
It’s all about making that GTA
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
February 21st, 2023 at 11:52:59 AM permalink
Quote: Ace2

I like hitting McD for an appetizer, Panda Express for my main course, then Dunkin Donuts for dessert

My weight and glucose level are both 325 and I take eight prescription drugs each morning
link to original post

You eat all that crap and you're morbidly obese with a killer blood glucose number? I'm 73 and I weigh 184 and my glucose is 70 and my mother died of diabetes. You know why my weight and my glucose are under control and my blood pressure and my cholesterol, is because I work at it every single day and watch everything I put in my mouth. I eat nothing but fish and chicken and vegetables and I guarantee I eat 10 times better than you do. Yeah I know you've seen pictures of my food blah blah blah. Let's see some pictures of you and some pictures of me and see who wins. Let's compare our blood work and see who wins. I've never eaten in a food court in my life, good God, how do you live through it.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 21st, 2023 at 11:58:56 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

link to original post

I eat two cans of tuna a week but never Albacore. The bigger the fish the more the Mercury. I eat a can of sardines everyday because sardines don't eat other fish they feed off plankton. I eat canned salmon two or three times a month. Canned fish is fine as long as you don't overdo it. I like fresh fish but I absolutely refuse to be raped on the prices they charge for it now. I eat lots of chicken that has no added hormones, I cook it in the instant pot and use it in all kinds of recipes.
Ace2
Ace2
February 21st, 2023 at 12:42:10 PM permalink
I refuse to get raped on the price of eggs at Walmart. Once the price goes above $3.50 per dozen, I quit buying them
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 21st, 2023 at 1:16:56 PM permalink

I refuse to get raped on the price of eggs at Walmart. Once the price goes above $3.50 per dozen, I quit buying them
link to original post

This week they're $1.80 in my Walmart I bought two more dozen
Ace2
Ace2
February 21st, 2023 at 1:32:33 PM permalink
Do you use an app to track grocery prices or do you just remember them?
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
February 21st, 2023 at 2:22:54 PM permalink
I remember my local store had 2-packs (that is, one-sixth dozen) of eggs for $1.49 yesterday.

Hard boiled. This is 25% off sale is still 50% higher than the before-times.
May the cards fall in your favor.
tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 10
February 21st, 2023 at 2:34:57 PM permalink

You shouldn’t eat any fish/seafood except wild-caught Alaskan salmon. The contaminants in it more than cancel the benefits.

Maybe once a month I’ll make shrimp Etouffee or blackened catfish but that’s all the fish/seafood I eat

Fortunately, I never liked eating seafood very often anyway
link to original post

I love wild-caught gefilte fish. I especially like watching them frolic around the Alaskan salmon in the aquarium.

So Ace, check with your local fishmonger and bring some home and fry them up,, You will change your attitude about "any fish/seafood."

tuttigym
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
February 22nd, 2023 at 12:31:46 PM permalink
I had duck soup and Vietnamese coffee yesterday. They served the coffee in a glass with a small cup on top filled with black stuff. Of course i didn’t bother to ask the server about the mechanics of the drink.

So, I poured what looked like coffee grounds from the small cup into the glass. Unsurprisingly, it tasted like I was now drinking coffee with all the grounds still in it.

Today, upon reflection (without looking it up), I now suspect I was suppose to pour the glass into the small cup of black stuff and kind of let it brew up from the bottom.

Either way, I still consumed the whole thing.

Waiting for further enlightenment.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 10
February 22nd, 2023 at 12:57:39 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I like hitting McD for an appetizer, Panda Express for my main course, then Dunkin Donuts for dessert

My weight and glucose level are both 325 and I take eight prescription drugs each morning
link to original post

You eat all that crap and you're morbidly obese with a killer blood glucose number? I'm 73 and I weigh 184 and my glucose is 70 and my mother died of diabetes. You know why my weight and my glucose are under control and my blood pressure and my cholesterol, is because I work at it every single day and watch everything I put in my mouth. I eat nothing but fish and chicken and vegetables and I guarantee I eat 10 times better than you do. Yeah I know you've seen pictures of my food blah blah blah. Let's see some pictures of you and some pictures of me and see who wins. Let's compare our blood work and see who wins. I've never eaten in a food court in my life, good God, how do you live through it.
link to original post

As Ace2 once posted of me, I am not from this planet, so it takes one to know one. Right Ace?

BTW, I just found some tuna packed in water sealed in an aluminum package with an X-date of 2014. Is it safe to eat?

I also found some beef bologna in my freezer with an X-date of 2007. The color was quite bright, and I did eat the whole package. Still here!!

tuttigym
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 22nd, 2023 at 2:02:30 PM permalink
Quote: tuttigym

link to original post

link to original post

As Ace2 once posted of me, I am not from this planet, so it takes one to know one. Right Ace?

BTW, I just found some tuna packed in water sealed in an aluminum package with an X-date of 2014. Is it safe to eat?

I also found some beef bologna in my freezer with an X-date of 2007. The color was quite bright, and I did eat the whole package. Still here!!

tuttigym
link to original post

Canned meat and canned fish basically have no expiration date so yes it's safe to eat. The only thing I would watch in canned food is things like canned tomatoes which have a lot of acid but even most canned vegetables keep for years and years. Canned fruit not so much. I just bought some canned ham in the expiration date is 2028, meaning it will still be good in 2038. In the 1980s they found a shipwreck in Lake Superior they had a ton of canned meat on it from the Civil War period, it was 120 years old and they tested it and it was still good, no bacteria. And that was canning techniques that had back then imagine how good it is now.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
February 22nd, 2023 at 2:32:58 PM permalink
I had Chicken & Sausage gumbo for the fifth straight day. I have about two servings left and I admit I am getting tired of it.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
February 22nd, 2023 at 3:27:49 PM permalink
10-ounce ribeye, stir-fried onions, and peppers, and about a third of a Mrs. Smith apple pie.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
February 22nd, 2023 at 3:28:59 PM permalink
Wifey made fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp. It was great. She is great. She doesn’t eat shrimp and usually puts chicken in things as the protein. She knows I like seafood so she just ate hers plain. (With broccoli). I add some Cajun seasonings like some would sprinkle salt.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 22nd, 2023 at 4:32:16 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

10-ounce ribeye, stir-fried onions, and peppers, and about a third of a Mrs. Smith apple pie.
link to original post

Good job, it's obvious how you keep so slim and trim..
DRich
DRich
February 22nd, 2023 at 5:33:54 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Wifey made fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp. It was great. She is great. She doesn’t eat shrimp and usually puts chicken in things as the protein. She knows I like seafood so she just ate hers plain. (With broccoli). I add some Cajun seasonings like some would sprinkle salt.
link to original post

That is awesome. You are very fortunate. My wife is very allergic to shellfish and can't even touch it without an Epi-pen.
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
odiousgambit
February 22nd, 2023 at 6:02:38 PM permalink

link to original post

Good job, it's obvious how you keep so slim and trim..
link to original post

Now that I have two extra hours each day to get my workouts in, I've increased my intake.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 22nd, 2023 at 6:30:17 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Quote: SOOPOO

link to original post

That is awesome. You are very fortunate. My wife is very allergic to shellfish and can't even touch it without an Epi-pen.
link to original post

My wife won't even take an ocean trip because the ocean is full of shellfish,
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
Thanked by
odiousgambit
February 23rd, 2023 at 2:58:32 AM permalink

Starbucks is introducing a new kind of coffee called Oleato that includes olive oil
yuck
I'm a coffee lover and have loved one of Starbucks' innovations - frappucino

but this seems really horrible - will be interesting to see if it flies - Starbucks flopped with their attempt to sell a carbonated coffee drink

https://www.wsj.com/articles/starbucks-bets-coffee-infused-with-olive-oil-could-be-the-next-frappuccino-7a079d50

Please don't feed the trolls
Ace2
Ace2
February 23rd, 2023 at 8:27:33 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

link to original post

You are not a “coffee lover”, you are an ice cream sundae lover. A “Frappuccino” is much closer to a Dairy Queen Blizzard than a real coffee

If you must have a Frappuccino then limit it to once a week, just like any other sugary-dairy dessert. The 16 oz serving has about 60 grams of sugar (more than a 16oz Coke)
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
Thanked by
Dieter
February 23rd, 2023 at 10:10:45 AM permalink

link to original post

You are not a “coffee lover”, you are an ice cream sundae lover. A “Frappuccino” is much closer to a Dairy Queen Blizzard than a real coffee

If you must have a Frappuccino then limit it to once a week, just like any other sugary-dairy dessert. The 16 oz serving has about 60 grams of sugar (more than a 16oz Coke)
link to original post

agree about the frappucino - but I am a coffee lover - I try all kinds of different coffees - most of them are not sweet - or if they are it's because I use sweetener, not sugar - my basic go to coffee every morning is a little sweet but only because I use a sweetener - no sugar

what an amazing drink coffee is

7-11 has all kinds of different coffees - maybe 10 different kinds - and they're all the same price - a low price - and their coffee is very good

when you consider the price - they absolutely totally crush Starbucks - Starbucks coffee is stronger - and Starbucks is selling the whole Starbucks experience - who cares - not me

Ace2
Ace2
February 23rd, 2023 at 10:41:05 AM permalink
How’s the food at 7-11? Good quality?
rxwine
rxwine
February 23rd, 2023 at 10:46:14 AM permalink

link to original post

You may pay 7 to 11 times the price than a sale price at the supermarket.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
February 23rd, 2023 at 11:13:03 AM permalink

link to original post

terrible - really bad

EvenBob
EvenBob
February 23rd, 2023 at 11:45:44 AM permalink

link to original post

terrible - really bad

link to original post

Not in Japan. 7-Eleven in Japan has really great food and people go there all the time to eat and buy takeout. They especially make great sandwiches and sushi all pre-made at the 7-Eleven Factory in Japan.

billryan
billryan
February 23rd, 2023 at 12:53:41 PM permalink
Around here, several people swear by QT gas stations as having excellent fast food. I've not tried it but I don't eat out very often.
DRich
DRich
February 23rd, 2023 at 5:11:41 PM permalink

Around here, several people swear by QT gas stations as having excellent fast food. I've not tried it but I don't eat out very often.
link to original post

I didn't realize that they had QuickTrips in Arizona.
billryan
billryan
February 23rd, 2023 at 8:11:50 PM permalink
There is one in Douglas and a couple in Sierra Vista, not in Bisbee. There is one in Tombstone, as well.
Ace2
Ace2
February 23rd, 2023 at 8:39:44 PM permalink
QT is all over AZ. Site says 133 in the state
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
Thanked by
odiousgambit
February 27th, 2023 at 4:20:12 AM permalink

I had this yesterday for dinner
of course, it can't match up well against home cooking
but I didn't feel like cooking or going out
pretty damn good - didn't feel disappointed after eating it like I do with so many foods
frozen meals have improved a lot - imo Stouffers is the best brand
the large size was only $3.99 - much less than what I would spend eating out

Ace2
Ace2
February 27th, 2023 at 7:43:15 AM permalink
$3.99 is a big savings compared to going out.

I figure a hot dog, a slice of pizza and a big gulp at 7-11 easily run 50% more than that. Without appetizer or tip
rxwine
rxwine
February 27th, 2023 at 11:04:12 AM permalink

I had this yesterday for dinner
of course, it can't match up well against home cooking
but I didn't feel like cooking or going out
pretty damn good - didn't feel disappointed after eating it like I do with so many foods
frozen meals have improved a lot - imo Stouffers is the best brand
the large size was only $3.99 - much less than what I would spend eating out

link to original post

This was the last thing I had out of a box or a can that was surprisingly tasty (gluten free as well)

Quote:

Chicken Broth, Fully Cooked Meatballs (beef And Pork, Chicken, Water, Textured Soy Flour, Soy Flour, Salt, Dehydrated Onions, White Pepper , Garlic Powder, Romano Cheese (pasteurized Cow's And Sheep's Milk, Rennet, Salt, Cheese Cultures, Enzymes) , Parsley), Carrots, Acini De Pepe Pasta (pea Flour), Spinach. Contains Less Than 2% Of: Modified Food Starch, Onion, Corn Protein (hydrolyzed), Salt , Carrot Puree, Onion Powder, Potassium Chloride, Flavor, Sugar, Tomato Extract , Spice, Garlic Powder, Maltodextrin, Natural Flavor, Beta Carotene (color).

Gluten free Italian Wedding Soup by Progresso
DRich
DRich
February 27th, 2023 at 2:29:11 PM permalink
Today's meals consisted of a Pop-Tart and Beef Jerky.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
February 27th, 2023 at 2:52:35 PM permalink
I had a Slim Jim (meh) and a Milky Way Midnight.

I was happy for the nougat.
May the cards fall in your favor.
DRich
DRich
February 27th, 2023 at 2:56:23 PM permalink
Quote: Dieter

I had a Slim Jim (meh) and a Milky Way Midnight.

I was happy for the nougat.
link to original post

I had never heard of Milky Way Midnight. I don't eat many chocolate bars but on the rare occasion I might have a Snickers or Heath Bar once a year. My regular candy bar snack is the Payday.
DRich
DRich
February 27th, 2023 at 3:02:12 PM permalink
I am hoping to have some blackened Grouper, blackened Shrimp, and blackened Scallops this weekend if I can find a way to ditch the wife for an evening.

billryan
billryan
February 27th, 2023 at 3:52:07 PM permalink
Homemade eggplant parm with an ala vodka sauce, toasted tortillas with a garlic butter sauce. The sauce didn't compliment the eggplant, so next time I'll stick with a more traditional sauce.
There's a new bakery in Bisbee that sell fresh flour tortillas 5/$1.50. Toss in a stick of butter and you have a cheap but delicious meal.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
March 2nd, 2023 at 5:18:11 AM permalink

the killer desert - nobody can top it - can't touch that
except I don't like the sugary white stuff on the inside - I cut the thing in half and carve that part out with a spoon and don't eat it - it's just too much
which do I like best - the chocolate cake, the chocolate frosting, or the squiggles__________?
have to think about that

DRich
DRich
March 2nd, 2023 at 5:54:45 AM permalink

except I don't like the sugary white stuff on the inside - I cut the thing in half and carve that part out with a spoon and don't eat it - it's just too much
which do I like best - the chocolate cake, the chocolate frosting, or the squiggles__________?
have to think about that

link to original post

Sorry Rooster, you are 100% wrong on this one. The king of the Hostess snack cakes is clearly the Ho-Ho.

billryan
billryan
March 2nd, 2023 at 6:07:42 AM permalink
As a teen, my go-to snack was Suzy Qs. I'd let one melt in a glass of milk for ten minutes and then eat it with a spoon.
I don't know if they still make them as I have not thought about them in a long time.
billryan
billryan
March 2nd, 2023 at 6:08:08 AM permalink
As a teen, my go-to snack was Suzy Qs. I'd let one melt in a glass of milk for ten minutes and then eat it with a spoon.
I don't know if they still make them as I have not thought about them in a long time.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
March 2nd, 2023 at 6:13:59 AM permalink

have to think about that

link to original post

Sorry Rooster, you are 100% wrong on this one. The king of the Hostess snack cakes is clearly the Ho-Ho.

link to original post

are you joking________?

how can you opt for a choice with no squiggles_________?

that's so very, very wrong - nobody who is thinking clearly would go with no squiggles___________________(-:/

DRich
DRich
March 2nd, 2023 at 6:37:31 AM permalink
I have yet to see these in sthe store but if I do I will try them on principle. A Green Sno-Ball.

billryan
billryan
March 2nd, 2023 at 8:42:19 AM permalink

I have yet to see these in sthe store but if I do I will try them on principle. A Green Sno-Ball.

link to original post

Looks positively yummy. I had a piece of birthday cake the other night and could feel the sugar rushing thru my bloodstream. I didn't like the feeling but as it wore off I wanted more.
Ace2
Ace2
March 2nd, 2023 at 9:13:35 AM permalink
Speaking of killer deserts, my favorites are Sahara, Atacama and Mojave
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
March 2nd, 2023 at 12:48:57 PM permalink

Speaking of killer deserts, my favorites are Sahara, Atacama and Mojave
link to original post

Ha Ha Ha___________you got me_____________very good__________!!!

lilredrooster
lilredrooster
March 3rd, 2023 at 1:32:04 AM permalink

gimme whatever you gots on tap boss

odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
March 3rd, 2023 at 3:55:15 AM permalink
a couple of things I've learned about photography recently, which elevates me to the position of still-know-basically-nothing from know-next-to-nothing

if you are taking a picture of your fried eggs for breakfast, you absolutely must have cooked them sunny side up

if you are taking a picture of a poured beer, you need to put a head on it. And not just a small one.

I don't know what I hate more, a bartender that pours off the head on a beer, or a beer that won't keep a head. Almost invariably such is a lousy beer. Don't show me a picture of such a beer either. Recently I made a scene in a restaurant where they have some of the best beer on tap anybody ever made, and where the bartenders put a nice head on it. But it must have been a new bartender, and he poured what I call a frat-boy beer, where for all the wrong reasons it's thought that to fill the glass as full as possible is the goal. Of course the head then has to be poured off. After the waitress brought another beer [after sending the first back] and it had a tiny head on it, it got ugly. I could barely control myself. I realize this needs to be re-written for coherence but hey this is a rant you were warned
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
March 4th, 2023 at 1:11:05 AM permalink

these lil suckers are mighty tasty

Fridays are prolly even better but they only come with cheese - I don't want no cheese

what makes 'em so great are those added ingredients - malted barley flour, niacin, riboflavin and folic acid and diglycerides

but my personal fave is thiamine mononitrate - it's so very delicious____________________ 😋

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Mar 4, 2023
DRich
DRich
March 4th, 2023 at 7:15:42 AM permalink

these lil suckers are mighty tasty

Fridays are prolly even better but they only come with cheese - I don't want no cheese

what makes 'em so great are those added ingredients - malted barley flour, niacin, riboflavin and folic acid and diglycerides

but my personal fave is thiamine mononitrate - it's so very delicious____________________ 😋

My wife likes the frozen ones better than the ones at White Castle. She said the only downside is the frozen ones don't have a pickle.

link to original post

• Jump to: