Thread Rating:

HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 116
February 19th, 2012 at 8:02:35 PM permalink
Plus I don't think there's anyone else who wants to bet any more.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
February 19th, 2012 at 8:27:15 PM permalink
I think it only fair that Hot Blonde be allowed to weigh in nude. If the gentlemen gamblers promises to keep their eyes shut. Of course a scale will be needed that speaks her weight. Surely HB knows a gentleman's words is his bond ?
victorimmature
victorimmature
  • Threads: 0
February 19th, 2012 at 8:27:29 PM permalink
Quote: WongBo

HotBlonde Challenge is now number 8 on the top threads list....
Who wants to bet it will be number two by the time of the weigh-in...?
Better yet, who can name the date it becomes number two, without going over?

You have failed to take into account the Second Coming.
萬歲言論自由。
YoDiceRoll11
YoDiceRoll11
  • Threads: 7
February 19th, 2012 at 8:30:44 PM permalink
Quote: buzzpaff

I think it only fair that Hot Blonde be allowed to weigh in nude. If the gentlemen gamblers promises to keep their eyes shut. Of course a scale will be needed that speaks her weight. Surely HB knows a gentleman's words is his bond ?

Or you just weigh the weigh in clothes prior to the weigh in. Not that hard.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
February 19th, 2012 at 8:31:42 PM permalink
Surely you jest. Always a spoil sport in the crowd LOL
YoDiceRoll11
YoDiceRoll11
February 19th, 2012 at 8:32:23 PM permalink

Surely you jest. Always a spoil sport in the crowd LOL

Hehehehe. :)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1491
February 19th, 2012 at 8:36:19 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

I'm not sure that would be fair to those people who put in a bet at 9 times the amount against me.

To them I say "tough!" Including me, who bet the most.

As the 40 weeks goes on the odds are sure to change. Just as I said in my example before, in the Super Bowl the Giants went in as small underdogs, but after being up 9-0 after the first quarter would surely have been favored to win. Your success thus far has changed the odds.

So, any takers at even money? If not, let's hear a counter-offer.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
February 19th, 2012 at 8:41:51 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

To them I say "tough!" Including me, who bet the most.

As the 40 weeks goes on the odds are sure to change. Just as I said in my example before, in the Super Bowl the Giants went in as small underdogs, but after being up 9-0 after the first quarter would surely have been favored to win. Your success thus far has changed the odds.

So, any takers at even money? If not, let's hear a counter-offer.

I am no expert at weight, but I do know HB will definitely need to be well ahead of the pace as she gets nearer to her goal. 2.5 pounds
will be tough to maintain after she hits the 180 range. But if all my money was not tied up in non-durables, ( food, clothing, rent) I'd bet betting with her.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
February 20th, 2012 at 7:44:26 AM permalink
End of week 6, beginning of week 7. New weigh in this morning.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
February 20th, 2012 at 8:25:10 AM permalink
I just looked at the chart that I posted my first week and it shows that I estimated at that time to have lost 20.4 pounds by today. Instead, per my actual weigh-in today, I have lost 26.8 pounds which is 31% more than I expected to lose. Hey, no complaints here! I'm just curious since I've calculated every single calorie that is going into my body and every single calorie that I'm supposedly expending why I'm losing more than expected. I know I add cinnamon to my daily diet, along with turmeric and cayenne pepper since they are supposed to have weight loss effects. So maybe it's that. Or the chromium picolinate I take each day. Or the fact that I eat regularly six times a day. Or that I mix psyllium husks in a cup of water and drink it before each of my six daily meals. Or that I don't eat within 3 hours or so of bedtime. Or that I walk or ride my bike since I don't have a car. Or maybe I'm still getting rid of extra water weight. Who knows?!?! But I'm definitely one happy girl!
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
February 20th, 2012 at 8:48:47 AM permalink
It's obviously the result of all of the above. You have a right to be happy and very, very proud !
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
February 20th, 2012 at 9:12:46 AM permalink

I may need want a tummy tuck too and other nips and tucks ...

If you had said you would use these winnings to finance plastic surgery, I'd have never even considered sending in my hard "earned" panhandling revenue.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
February 20th, 2012 at 9:27:28 AM permalink
Congratulations on another successful week! To recap, HB has to lose 2.25 pounds per week on average. In the first six weeks she has averaged a loss of 4.67 4.467 pounds per week, which is over twice the weekly average required loss.

SOOPOO, my window is still open that HB will successfully complete the original challenge at even money (you have the "yes", I have the "no").
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
February 20th, 2012 at 9:28:10 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

I may need want a tummy tuck too and other nips and tucks ...

If you had said you would use these winnings to finance plastic surgery, I'd have never even considered sending in my hard "earned" panhandling revenue.

What are you talking about? You never put up a bet.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
February 20th, 2012 at 9:32:24 AM permalink
No, I backed out when I realized it would take me two or three money orders just to send the money in to the stakeholder.

I wish you luck in your weight loss but hope you will avoid going under the vanity knife.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
February 20th, 2012 at 9:35:06 AM permalink

Congratulations on another successful week! To recap, HB has to lose 2.25 pounds per week on average. In the first six weeks she has averaged a loss of 4.67 pounds per week, which is over twice the weekly average required loss.

SOOPOO, my window is still open that HB will successfully complete the original challenge at even money.

I calculated it at 4.467, maybe we calculated differently. And I doubt that SOOPOO still thinks I can't make my 90 pound weight loss goal by October 17th.

It's funny cuz I STILL find myself laughing at the fact that SOOPOO honestly with all his heart did not think I could lose 90 pounds in 9 months. He kept saying that he couldn't bet against me knowing that it was impossible for me to succeed. Luckily I was able to convince him to bet against me anyway and the birth of this thread was born. I'm still entirely puzzled why he thought I couldn't do it. But then when he told he estimated my diet at 250 pounds to be over 4000 calories a day I knew he was WAAAAAY off and had little knowledge about calories in and calories out. Hopefully we are all getting an education here on nutrition, exercise, calories, and weight loss.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
February 20th, 2012 at 9:37:04 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

No, I backed out when I realized it would take me two or three money orders just to send the money in to the stakeholder.

I wish you luck in your weight loss but hope you will avoid going under the vanity knife.

2 or 3 money orders for a $45 bet??? You're off your rocker and just making excuses.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
February 20th, 2012 at 9:50:28 AM permalink

I calculated it at 4.467, maybe we calculated differently. And I doubt that SOOPOO still thinks I can't make my 90 pound weight loss goal by October 17th.

You're right. I think I omitted the second 4 as a typographical error. It is always the little things that get me.

It's funny cuz I STILL find myself laughing at the fact that SOOPOO honestly with all his heart did not think I could lose 90 pounds in 9 months. He kept saying that he couldn't bet against me knowing that it was impossible for me to succeed...

This will make for all the more drama on the Dr. OZ show that you proved a doctor wrong. I think SOOPOO would be man enough to come on the show and eat a piece of humble pie -- if you win.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
February 20th, 2012 at 10:06:39 AM permalink

There's plenty of places you can see naked ladies in Las Vegas, buzz...
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
February 20th, 2012 at 11:09:15 AM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

There's plenty of places you can see naked ladies in Las Vegas, buzz...

Yes, but there is only one original HOT BLONDE. plus I am enough of a gentleman to not peek.

And if you believe I wouldn't, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I want to sell to you. LOL
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
February 20th, 2012 at 11:11:16 AM permalink

Yes, but there is only one original HOT BLONDE. plus I am enough of a gentleman to not peek.

And if you believe I wouldn't, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I want to sell to you. LOL

Haha, I was gonna say, why would a guy ask a girl to get naked and then say he wasn't going to look? It wouldn't be any different than if I were to be bundled up in winter gear.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
February 20th, 2012 at 11:15:19 AM permalink
Evidently not all blondes are dumb. SIGH !
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
February 20th, 2012 at 11:18:48 AM permalink

Evidently not all blondes are dumb. SIGH !

At least not this one! ;)
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
February 20th, 2012 at 12:25:37 PM permalink

You're right. I think I omitted the second 4 as a typographical error. It is always the little things that get me.

This will make for all the more drama on the Dr. OZ show that you proved a doctor wrong. I think SOOPOO would be man enough to come on the show and eat a piece of humble pie -- if you win.

I am excellent at eating humble pie when warranted. If HB makes it to 160 then humble pie I shall have! I still would bet against her at even money, there is so much time, so many possibilities for failure... But so far she has been steady as a rock.
The reason you might lose a tad more or less than you calculate is that you really cannot know your exact basal metabolic rate.... It seems that you are slightly more active than you give yourself credit for, HB.
And HB, as a man of science and math... especially on this gambler's forum... my analysis of your chances of success before you started stands.... you may be the rare example of someone who can succeed against these steep odds... and when you do... I'll be paying up... continued good luck and congratulations on another great week....
WongBo
WongBo
  • Threads: 62
February 20th, 2012 at 12:31:26 PM permalink
When a person begins a successful weight loss program of diet and exercise they often have huge losses in the early phases.
Fat cells are capable of holding more water than muscle cells and much of the early weight loss is accounted for by water loss.
As they progress to a lower weight range they often see their losses begin to decrease and will often hit plateaus where their weight does not change at all.
There are so many factors including, genetics, metabolism, starting and target weight, it is really hard to predict where you will be in six months or more.
I went on a weight loss program at one time but hit a plateau 15 pounds above my target.
I am not sure if my target was unrealistic or if it was just a result of the combinations of factors.
Good luck with your goal, I hope you make it, and get paid for your effort!
In a bet, there is a fool and a thief. - Proverb.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
February 20th, 2012 at 12:34:51 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I am excellent at eating humble pie when warranted. If HB makes it to 160 then humble pie I shall have! I still would bet against her at even money, there is so much time, so many possibilities for failure... But so far she has been steady as a rock.

Losing weight is easy once you set your mind to it. Keeping it off once you lost it is a different matter. Possibly the subject of a future HB Challenge? ;)

One problem some people have with weight loss is they don't really try. They keep reading diet books, gathering diet recipes, evaluating nutritional contents, studying exercise guides, but never actually change their eating habits or do any exercise. That's what I mean by setting your mind to it: change what and how much you eat, do any exercise, stop eating snacks, and your weight drops like a stone under a Jovian gravitational field <g>

Still others do set up a diet, but find a myriad objections to it, or a million small changes. If their diet calls for, say, chicken salad with half a tablespoon of fat free mayo, they'll change that to a couple of spoonfuls of regular mayo, and some bacon bits to boot. Then they complain their diet isn't working.

So far Hot Blonde has been following her diet and doing plenty of exrcise. I've no doubt she'll succeed and collect a pretty penny off you suckers ;)

HB a little caveat only: all weight loss is easier when there's a lot of weight to lose. Once you've lost, oh, about 60-70% of your target, it gets harder.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
February 20th, 2012 at 12:52:46 PM permalink
I'm excited about starting my new weight training program but I'm curious whether it's true or not that men like to peek when women are using the thigh machines where you have to open and close your legs. I want to incorporate a bunch of new exercises into my program but am somewhat nervous that I'm going to be looked at, especially when using those thigh machines. Do men really try to sneak a peek?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
February 20th, 2012 at 1:26:13 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

I've no doubt she'll succeed and collect a pretty penny off you suckers ;)

My window is still open at even money. Maybe SOOPOO will give you even better odds, based on his last post.

Do men really try to sneak a peek?

I've never even thought about it. I would think that 90% of men would be gentlemen enough to not deliberately look. I also notice that women that do the Nautilus machines tend to have a male friend with them, but not necessarily right at her side. It would be fighting grounds if the BF caught some other guy peeping at his woman.

Not that anybody asked but about five years ago I had a $1,000 per person weight loss bet with two friends, the one who lost the greatest percentage of weight won the whole pool. I was around 190 at the time and the term was about six months. I got to about 165 with just eating better and exercising more. However, it was very difficult dropping each pound beyond that. In that end I got down to about 157, and still lost. The guy I lost to started at about 210, and simply had more easy fat to burn off.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
February 20th, 2012 at 1:30:36 PM permalink

Not that anybody asked but about five years ago I had a $1,000 per person weight loss bet with two friends, the one who lost the greatest percentage of weight won the whole pool. I was around 190 at the time and the term was about six months. I got to about 165 with just eating better and exercising more. However, it was very difficult dropping each pound beyond that. In that end I got down to about 157, and still lost. The guy I lost to started at about 210, and simply had more easy fat to burn off.

You guys should've done it like they do on The Biggest Loser where the winner is based on the greatest PERCENTAGE lost, not the greatest amount of weight (pounds).

And just to get it straight, you and SOOPOO are betting against each other whether or not I'll get to or below 160.8? You're betting that I will and he's betting that I won't?
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
February 20th, 2012 at 1:34:35 PM permalink

My window is still open at even money. Maybe SOOPOO will give you even better odds, based on his last post.

I haven't been following that part of the thread, or hardly much of the thread at all. Sorry.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
thecesspit
thecesspit
February 20th, 2012 at 1:35:17 PM permalink

I'm excited about starting my new weight training program but I'm curious whether it's true or not that men like to peek when women are using the thigh machines where you have to open and close your legs. I want to incorporate a bunch of new exercises into my program but am somewhat nervous that I'm going to be looked at, especially when using those thigh machines. Do men really try to sneak a peek?

Not this man, and I've never seen it being ogled at. Not that I hang around the thigh machines at all, I fear them as a means of torture.

95% of people in the gym seem to be content to get on with what they are doing. I guess it depends on the clientele and how busy the place is.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
February 20th, 2012 at 1:44:21 PM permalink
I don't think she'll have trouble losing once she
gets close to 160. Thats not her ideal weight,
I'd say thats closer to 130. She can easily fly by
160, its when she gets to 140 that she'll slow
down to a crawl. As she's finding, weight loss
isn't all that hard once you set your mind to it.
90% of dieters put it all back on again, unfortunately.
It takes constant vigilance to keep it off. Look at
Oprah, she tried to keep it off over and over and
couldn't do it. My advice is, get down to your ideal
weight, work at finding a guy before you start
gaining again, get married and have a baby, and
then you can relax. I'm very serious, at 34 your
chances of finding a great guy when you're thin
again are excellent. If you wait, and gain back
the weight, you'll be 40, 250, and kicking yourself
every day.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
February 20th, 2012 at 2:04:40 PM permalink

Haha, I was gonna say, why would a guy ask a girl to get naked and then say he wasn't going to look? It wouldn't be any different than if I were to be bundled up in winter gear.

I can think of a few situations in which I would be perfectly willing to keep my eyes closed when in the presence and close proximity of a naked woman, even (and preferably) a beautiful one.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
February 20th, 2012 at 2:06:07 PM permalink
Quote: Doc

I can think of a few situations in which I would be perfectly willing to keep my eyes closed when in the presence and close proximity of a naked woman, even (and preferably) a beautiful one.

When would that be? In a situation where you could touch but not have to look? Lol
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
February 20th, 2012 at 2:54:16 PM permalink

And just to get it straight, you and SOOPOO are betting against each other whether or not I'll get to or below 160.8? You're betting that I will and he's betting that I won't?

It looks like we can't agree on the terms.
victorimmature
victorimmature
February 20th, 2012 at 3:02:31 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I don't think she'll have trouble losing once she
gets close to 160. Thats not her ideal weight,
I'd say thats closer to 130. She can easily fly by
160, its when she gets to 140 that she'll slow
down to a crawl. As she's finding, weight loss
isn't all that hard once you set your mind to it.
90% of dieters put it all back on again, unfortunately.
It takes constant vigilance to keep it off. Look at
Oprah, she tried to keep it off over and over and
couldn't do it. My advice is, get down to your ideal
weight, work at finding a guy before you start
gaining again, get married and have a baby, and
then you can relax. I'm very serious, at 34 your
chances of finding a great guy when you're thin
again are excellent. If you wait, and gain back
the weight, you'll be 40, 250, and kicking yourself
every day.

Could not agree more.
This whole exercise is pointless if the weight loss is not going to be permanent.
Kirstie Alley is another example of yo yo dieting.
It's painful to watch.

Kirstie Alley
萬歲言論自由。
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
February 20th, 2012 at 3:14:28 PM permalink
The thing is I think it may be pretty hard for me to find a life partner at that time because I'll be 35 and I'm looking to marry someone who has never been married and who has no kids yet. Even though I'll be looking my best my guess is that I'll have a hard time finding what I'm looking for.

Quote: victorimmature

Could not agree more.
This whole exercise is pointless if the weight loss is not going to be permanent.
Kirstie Alley is another example of yo yo dieting.
It's painful to watch.

Kirstie Alley

I am of course planning on making my weight loss permanent. Even if I gain some weight from 134 I don't expect to gain much and for sure I don't plan on ever getting fat again. Also I noticed a while back from pictures of Kirstie Alley that when she gets fat she has kankles. I, luckily, never had that problem.
thecesspit
thecesspit
February 20th, 2012 at 3:28:43 PM permalink
Plenty of 35 males who have yet to marry and have yet to have kids. Now, they may not be otherwise hot property, but there is a general tendency for people to marry later in life. I am sure I know at least two single 35 year olds with good jobs and who are relatively fit.

However, telling the sort who is yet to marry at 35 you are looking to get married is a bit of a red flag turn off. I wouldn't go out of my way to tell them that sort of thing up front.... I'd guess most men in that position (I am one...) are happy to wait for things to work themselves out rather than to be marriage minded up front. It's something that will happen organically. Or not.
victorimmature
victorimmature
February 20th, 2012 at 3:51:00 PM permalink

I am of course planning on making my weight loss permanent. Even if I gain some weight from 134 I don't expect to gain much and for sure I don't plan on ever getting fat again. Also I noticed a while back from pictures of Kirstie Alley that when she gets fat she has kankles. I, luckily, never had that problem.

I'm sure you'll succeed.
It'd be a shame to waste all the effort you are currently putting in.
萬歲言論自由。
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
February 20th, 2012 at 6:11:05 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

However, telling the sort who is yet to marry at 35 you are looking to get married is a bit of a red flag turn off. I wouldn't go out of my way to tell them that sort of thing up front.... I'd guess most men in that position (I am one...) are happy to wait for things to work themselves out rather than to be marriage minded up front. It's something that will happen organically. Or not.

I don't see what's wrong with revealing your intentions to someone up front. If I am marriage-minded, why would I want to date someone who isn't? Maybe you're thinking I'll be just looking for anything I can get but that's not true at all. I have raised my standards and will be a lot more pickier about who I date. I used to be open to going out with someone if I thought they were cute but I need more than that now. I actually have to know that they have a job, and a good one. I need to sense that they are on the right path in life as well and not some shlub (like pretty much all of my exes). I've got big dreams for myself and want to be with someone who's got big dreams as well.

I'm sure you'll succeed.

Well I'm not losing weight to find a man, I needed to lose weight anyway. And there are many benefits to losing weight, I don't think my efforts will be a waste in any way.
YoDiceRoll11
YoDiceRoll11
February 20th, 2012 at 6:31:46 PM permalink

I'm sure you'll succeed.

Just remember. Even if you quit today, you would not have failed because you had the courage to start anyway.

You only fail, when you stop trying. Keep it up.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
February 21st, 2012 at 9:21:13 AM permalink

It's the opposite. The Wiz still wants to bet that you will fail, but is only offerring even money. I also think that you will fail, but I am not nearly as confident as I was when we started. I would bet on you, if given better odds.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
February 21st, 2012 at 9:26:03 AM permalink
Which will be the larger number, the number of pounds Hot Blonde will be above 133 pounds at weigh in, or the runners minus 50 who finish ahead of the WIZ in the Tower Race ???
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
February 21st, 2012 at 9:31:09 AM permalink

It's the opposite. The Wiz still wants to bet that you will fail, but is only offerring even money. I also think that you will fail, but I am not nearly as confident as I was when we started. I would bet on you, if given better odds.

So I lose 30% of the weight I need to lose in this 40 week challenge in only 6 weeks and you still think I'm going to fail?
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
February 21st, 2012 at 9:33:07 AM permalink

So I lose 30% of the weight I need to lose in this 40 week challenge in only 6 weeks and you still think I'm going to fail?

SHHHH. I am trying to get a few suckers lined up.
DorothyGale
DorothyGale
  • Threads: 40
February 21st, 2012 at 9:37:39 AM permalink
Am I the only one who wonders at the obvious narcissism of this thread? Let's all talk about me for 40 weeks ...

--Ms. D.
"Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness!"
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
February 21st, 2012 at 9:40:24 AM permalink
Now Dorothy, I for one would like to read about you for 40 weeks. And, no, I am not in Kansas anymore.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
February 21st, 2012 at 9:48:33 AM permalink

I would bet on you, if given better odds.

I think the protocol calls for you to make a counter-offer, unless my offer was so bad as to offend you.

Quote: DorothyGale

Am I the only one who wonders at the obvious narcissism of this thread? Let's all talk about me for 40 weeks ...

That isn't how I look at it. Challenges, for some reason, have always been bandied about on this site. I think HB is to be applauded for the honesty in her journey and the pictures she has posted. Clearly a lot of other members find the topic of interest. Those who don't are not required to participate.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
February 21st, 2012 at 9:50:01 AM permalink
Quote: DorothyGale

--Ms. D.

My guess is you have never had a weight issue. What HB is trying to accomplish is nothing short of remarkable. If she is narcissistic, then so be it. If you were interesting, DG, I would talk about you for 40 weeks.

And HB, I still do not think you will succeed, but as I posted earlier, I am far less confident now than I was when we started. Keep up the good work.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
February 21st, 2012 at 9:56:50 AM permalink

I think the protocol calls for you to make a counter-offer, unless my offer was so bad as to offend you.

Any counter offer I make would require me to break your rule... "no hedging"... and of course I wasn't offended.....
Perhaps I am misinterpretting HB's comments, but I think she is so confident in he ability to succeed at the 160.8 pound level that SHE would book more of your action at even money.
  • Jump to: