Thread Rating:

thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
February 22nd, 2012 at 10:00:40 AM permalink
Quote: 1BB

You probably can't analyze, but you can get a pretty good idea. I've read enough of SOOPOO's posts to be confident that he's a stand up guy. Remember, no good deed goes unpunished.

It's one thing to form an impression of someone (e.g that cesspit is a pedantic little gitfaced Brit) and another to try and form a fully fledged psychopathy around (that cesspit has paranoid delusional tendencies stemming from a rejection by his parents at a young age). I find both amusing and annoying when someone starts to tell you not only WHAT you think but WHY you think it. Happened before to me here at least twice, and both times were laughably wrong.

Anyways, derailment of the weight loss. I'll return you to the scheduled programming.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
February 22nd, 2012 at 10:23:51 AM permalink
It seems like this year there is alot of publicity around weight loss. The Mayor of Toronto is going through a weight loss challenge and several radio personalities are doing the same. I think that this can only be a good thing.

I think it's reasonable to take additional bets though at less odds as HB is well on her way to achieving her goal. I don't think -150 is reasonable though. I think the line should be about 400 now. Bet 400 to win 100 if HB doesn't acheive her goal.

At some point, HB, let's say that you're about 10 pounds away with a week to go, and you know that you're going to be close but you are not going to hit your goal. You reason to yourself, "I get 6,750 or I lose $750". You know that liposuction will cost $4,000. Do you do the lipo, thinking to yourself, I'm ahead $3,500 anyway. After all, when you weigh in for the final bet, they won't be looking at every nook and cranny of your body (well I won't be there).

If I were taking a weight loss challenge (as I probably should), I'd be looking at that expected value and some kind of surgical alteration might be more than a passing thought to make the goal in the name of expected value.

Don't be insulted, HB -- I just wonder if that thought crosses your mind. Congratulations on your progress by the way. I'm somewhat inspired, and weight loss doesn't do that to me often.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
WongBo
WongBo
  • Threads: 62
February 22nd, 2012 at 10:35:18 AM permalink
What's to prevent massive betting against and then she just happens to miss the goal?
Too much potential for rigging the outcome, IMO
In a bet, there is a fool and a thief. - Proverb.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
February 22nd, 2012 at 12:50:04 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

It's one thing to form an impression of someone (e.g that cesspit is a pedantic little gitfaced Brit)

We would never say that to your face, just behind your back..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Switch
Switch
  • Threads: 12
February 22nd, 2012 at 2:52:58 PM permalink
Good time for a topical, light-hearted break:-

HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 117
February 27th, 2012 at 11:00:17 AM permalink
VERY interesting weigh-in this morning. More to come in my upcoming weekly blog post.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
February 27th, 2012 at 11:01:44 AM permalink
Once again HotBlonde teases the boys !!!
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
February 27th, 2012 at 7:58:53 PM permalink
Quote: buzzpaff

Once again HotBlonde teases the boys !!!

;)
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
February 27th, 2012 at 8:07:00 PM permalink
Still a big tease, but getting smaller every day. Where is that blog ?????????????????
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
February 27th, 2012 at 8:09:03 PM permalink

Still a big tease, but getting smaller every day. Where is that blog ?????????????????

Sorry I've been really busy. I'll get to it as soon as I can. :)
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
February 27th, 2012 at 8:13:29 PM permalink
Busy burning calories, I am sure.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
February 27th, 2012 at 8:19:25 PM permalink

Busy burning calories, I am sure.

You know it!
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 27th, 2012 at 11:24:13 PM permalink
No report this week? I look forward to them, you are
an inspiration..
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
February 28th, 2012 at 9:41:54 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

No report this week? I look forward to them, you are
an inspiration..

There will be a report I just haven't had the time to sit and write it. I'm having to take care of a lot of work-related stuff before the end of this month. I'll put something up as soon as I can.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 28th, 2012 at 3:48:12 PM permalink
You don't have to do a whole report, just tell
us how much you lost.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
February 28th, 2012 at 4:43:06 PM permalink

You don't have to do a whole report, just tell
us how much you lost.

Yeah but I want to put in an explanation.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
February 29th, 2012 at 5:26:18 PM permalink
I have a freind to add to the betting pool.

SportingGoodsMike bets $90 to win $10
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
February 29th, 2012 at 5:27:51 PM permalink
Well, now that you found another better, time to post last weeks results, don't you think ??
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
February 29th, 2012 at 5:51:54 PM permalink

Well, now that you found another better, time to post last weeks results, don't you think ??

I'm preparing it now. Hold tight, it's almost up.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
February 29th, 2012 at 6:01:00 PM permalink
" Hold tight, it's almost up. " NO COMMENT
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
February 29th, 2012 at 6:47:52 PM permalink
Week 8 blog
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
February 29th, 2012 at 7:28:17 PM permalink
I finally just sent in my story to The Doctor Oz show with pictures. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
February 29th, 2012 at 7:45:24 PM permalink
A web site I found refers to homeostasis or the ability of the body to adapt to change. The suggestion was to vary your routine a little. Eat the same amount of food in more meals, or move some of your food from one day to the next so that you calorie intake is slightly different each day.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 29th, 2012 at 8:16:27 PM permalink
Its a plateau, you're probably retaining water. As I said before, the
fat cells empty and don't go away. Periodically some of them fill with water
and it looks like you lost no fat that week, when you actually did. Its
important you understand how this works because it could last two weeks
in a row. There will be a day or two when you will dump the water & have
a big weight loss. Its only half a gallon, but its spread all over your body.
You need to know how this works because a lot of people get discouraged.
Some people retain and dump the water all the time, others do it
periodically.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
March 3rd, 2012 at 11:10:02 AM permalink
I just spoke to a friend last night over dinner who said they were intrigued by this bet, and considered offering 5:1 to lose 100 pounds over the same time period. It seems this could become a new trend. Hope this turns out favorably, whether for HotBlonde or the bettors betting against her!
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 3rd, 2012 at 11:32:52 AM permalink
Quote: teddys

I just spoke to a friend last night over dinner who said they were intrigued by this bet, and considered offering 5:1 to lose 100 pounds over the same time period. It seems this could become a new trend. Hope this turns out favorably, whether for HotBlonde or the bettors betting against her!

Your friend wants to lose 100 pounds over 40 weeks? That's more than what I set out to do. I only have to lose 90 pounds by then. If your friend is a male it could be possible as men can lose weight faster. But let's see if he (or she) can maintain his stamina and excitement like I have been!

Also, on a side note, I am feeling under the weather today which is a bummer cuz I had planned on going to the gym and making up for the cardio workout I missed this last Tuesday. I am actually going to lay down in a few minutes. I'm not sure why I'm feeling sick but I think it may be a possibility that I overtrained this week. I started doing HIIT (high intensity interval training) this week, as indicated in my blog. The only thing is I worked out longer than what was recommended by my trainer friend and did more cycles or sets of the sprint intervals than was instructed by him. The two reasons I did this was 1) I thought if I worked out longer and more intensely (45 minutes with up to 12 cycles vs. only 20 minutes or so of up to 6 cycles) I would burn more calories and therefore lose more weight. And 2) when I told my chiropractor about my new HIIT program he said I could go longer and do more cycles and even said I could do it up to 5 days each week, not the 3 days that my trainer friend had recommended.

Yesterday when I got home from the gym I noticed my body felt worn out, not how I was feeling earlier this week. As the day went on I noticed my upper body felt warm: my face, arms, belly, etc. Then when I woke up this morning my throat was hurting (it still does) and my glands are swollen. I don't know if this is a result of possibly overtraining or just a coincidence. I may just be getting sick. I had my flu shot a couple months ago so who knows what's going on. It kind of sucks cuz I'm a perfectionist and want to be up and going going going, doing the best I can. I knew that it was likely that over the 40 week period it was possible that I was gonna get sick at least once. I was kinda hoping I wouldn't but it's not a super big deal. If for some reason I'm not able to go to the gym I will just be kind to my body and not go but stick to my diet at least. So less calories burned but I can't worry about that, I just have to do whatever it takes to get better.

So, whether I'm not well right now due to overtraining or not I've done some research and found a really incredible site on HIIT. Their program is 8+ weeks long and I will be starting it this coming week. The length of these workouts vary from 16 minutes to 25 minutes long. They recommend doing it 3 days a week with a day of rest in between each one. I'm going to follow their program and not mess around with this stuff any more. I'm excited to try it out and see what changes occur in my body.

I'm going to eat my 289 calorie lunch real quick here and then lay down. I hope I feel better soon!
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 3rd, 2012 at 8:04:06 PM permalink
I slept a while this afternoon and am trying to feel better. I've taken tylenol twice, 650mg each time about 7 hours apart but I just took my temperature and it says I have a fever :(
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 3rd, 2012 at 8:06:52 PM permalink
Thats why you fee so dragged out, you exercised
when you were sick. You need to rest and fight
what you have.
boymimbo
boymimbo
March 3rd, 2012 at 9:55:22 PM permalink
Up the dose to 1,000 mg. I was told by a pharmacist that 650mg was not the therapeudic dose for me at 220 pounds. And the dosing period is 4 to 6 hours. And grab a nice long steamy bath... the steam and heat in combination with the Tylenol will break your fever.
weaselman
weaselman
  • Threads: 20
March 4th, 2012 at 6:51:18 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

Up the dose to 1,000 mg. I was told by a pharmacist that 650mg was not the therapeudic dose for me at 220 pounds. And the dosing period is 4 to 6 hours. And grab a nice long steamy bath... the steam and heat in combination with the Tylenol will break your fever.

2 grams of tylenol in 24 hours or less can be lethal. Besides, there is no point in taking it at all unless your fever is dngerously high - like 105 or more. Fever helps body fight the infection, by artificially reducing it with tylenol, you get it the way, and do more harm then good.
"When two people always agree one of them is unnecessary"
boymimbo
boymimbo
March 4th, 2012 at 7:41:37 AM permalink
Quote: weaselman

2 grams of tylenol in 24 hours or less can be lethal. Besides, there is no point in taking it at all unless your fever is dngerously high - like 105 or more. Fever helps body fight the infection, by artificially reducing it with tylenol, you get it the way, and do more harm then good.

The prescribed maximum daily dose for Tylenol is 4 grams. If your liver is susceptible, take less. 12 grams is considered the lethal dose.

But Weasel is right: fever fights infection... I was only suggesting a way to prolong the agony.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 4th, 2012 at 10:01:29 AM permalink
Well I don't seem to have a fever today (yet) but I have a bit of a sore throat. My throat is always worse right after I wake up but luckily it's gotten better. I still feel a little yucky but not too bad. Luckily I feel well enough to go grocery store shopping. Hopefully I will also feel well enough to hit the gym to make up for my missed cardio workout from this last Tuesday before I weigh in tomorrow morning. We'll see as I want to be gentle to my body since it's not 100% well right now.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 5th, 2012 at 8:24:39 AM permalink
Another VERY interesting weigh-in today. I will put up my blog shortly.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 5th, 2012 at 11:07:28 AM permalink
I'm going to post new bathing suit pics. Let's see if you notice any difference.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
March 5th, 2012 at 11:13:03 AM permalink
Can I assume European Hottie will no longer be able to hide behind you ??
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 5th, 2012 at 11:19:22 AM permalink

Can I assume European Hottie will no longer be able to hide behind you ??

Haha, not quite yet. But I'm looking good nonetheless!
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
March 5th, 2012 at 12:33:42 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

Haha, not quite yet. But I'm looking good nonetheless!

You started out looking good.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 5th, 2012 at 8:46:29 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

You started out looking good.

Thanks, FleaStiff.

So here's my 8-week progress picture:

Now PLEASE note that my face looks really funny here and I had almost considered not using the pic because of it. Believe me when I tell you that I nomally don't look this scary. I have absolutely NO makeup on, my hair was up in a crazy ponytail (I was about to leave for the gym), and EuropeanHottie had just said something funny to me. I'm posting the pic cuz it shows my new (and still developing) figure. I was really tempted to photoshop a yellow smily face over my own but figured that I'd need to leave my face in for identification purposes. So again, please disregard my "butterface". If I have a chance to take a nice new face shot of me in the next couple of days I will and post it to make up for this bad one!

P.S. Sorry, I am super, super tired and am actually going to bed now, even though it's 8:45pm. I will write and post my blog as soon as I get a chance.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 6th, 2012 at 9:38:35 PM permalink
New blog up. Surprising weight loss.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
March 6th, 2012 at 10:28:51 PM permalink
Based on the picture, that is an impressive difference. However, don't they say that wearing vertical stripes is an optical illusion to make the person wearing them look thinner?
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 6th, 2012 at 10:51:29 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Based on the picture, that is an impressive difference. However, don't they say that wearing vertical stripes is an optical illusion to make the person wearing them look thinner?

Well in a sense. I wouldn't go so far as to call it an optical illusion but vertical lines are more sliming-looking than horizontal lines. But you can still see the difference. Color in my bathing suit with a different color if you want, you'll still see a big difference. That's my body right there. Would you say I look 218 pounds?
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 6th, 2012 at 10:54:48 PM permalink
That's my old picture minus 33 pounds.
Switch
Switch
March 6th, 2012 at 10:54:59 PM permalink
I can see the difference - you're doing really well !!!
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 6th, 2012 at 10:56:30 PM permalink
Quote: Switch

I can see the difference - you're doing really well !!!

Thanks! More to come!!
Switch
Switch
March 6th, 2012 at 10:58:00 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

Thanks! More to come!!

Don't you mean "More to come off" ? :-)
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 7th, 2012 at 7:05:15 AM permalink
Quote: Switch

Don't you mean "More to come off" ? :-)

Oh, yeah! More to come off!
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 7th, 2012 at 7:09:24 AM permalink
You must be feeling the difference in how your
clothes fit by now.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 7th, 2012 at 7:53:33 AM permalink

You must be feeling the difference in how your
clothes fit by now.

Yes. You didn't read my blog?
konceptum
konceptum
  • Threads: 33
March 7th, 2012 at 10:16:54 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO, with added emphasis by me

She stated that she can get from her current weight of 250.8 lbs to 160.8 lbs by October 17
The first 10 members who put up $900 will either pay HB that $900 on October 17, or HB will pay each member $100 if she fails.

I apologize if this has already been brought up, but the most recent blog made me curious. There maintains a possibility that HB could lose the weight prior to the date of October 17. So, the question is, is the bet that she will be at the target weight ON the date, or BY the date.

On the second possibility, once she hits the target, everybody loses the wager. However, on the first possibility, then she may lose the weight prior, but if she doesn't maintain the weight loss to October 17, then she loses the wager.

Just curious.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 7th, 2012 at 11:51:39 AM permalink
Quote: konceptum

Quote: SOOPOO, with added emphasis by me

She stated that she can get from her current weight of 250.8 lbs to 160.8 lbs by October 17
The first 10 members who put up $900 will either pay HB that $900 on October 17, or HB will pay each member $100 if she fails.

I apologize if this has already been brought up, but the most recent blog made me curious. There maintains a possibility that HB could lose the weight prior to the date of October 17. So, the question is, is the bet that she will be at the target weight ON the date, or BY the date.

On the second possibility, once she hits the target, everybody loses the wager. However, on the first possibility, then she may lose the weight prior, but if she doesn't maintain the weight loss to October 17, then she loses the wager.

Just curious.

I always interpreted it as I have to weigh it by October 17th. SOOPOO later changed it to say that I had to weigh it on that date. I don't know why he changed it since our original discussion before he even put up this thread was that he didn't believe I could lose 90 pounds in 9 months which is why the bet was made in the first place. If I lose 90 pounds before 9 months I have proved my point and therefore have won the bet. Since SOOPOO has chosen not to be a part of this thread any more I will clarify that the bet is that I have to weigh 160.8 or less by October 17th which means that yes, I could win the bet sooner than that date.
  • Jump to: