Thread Rating:

HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 116
March 10th, 2012 at 10:30:14 PM permalink
And a special dedication to this site:

OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
March 11th, 2012 at 4:46:10 AM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

Quote: Wizard

There is indeed a rule about personal insults and profanity. Mrjjj got 7 days for this post. However, I do think HB is entitled to defend herself, so I'm going to let it slide. It is threads like this that as the admin make my hair grey.

Besides, this whole thing could turn very positive if Dr. Oz is interested. Oz...Wizard of Odds, it was meant to be.

Regarding HB biting the hand that feeds her (SOOPOO). He shouldn't welch on the bet. Maybe the rules should be interpreted that she has to weigh the EXACT weight at the weigh-in. ;)

Geezzzz..... If HB weighs 160.8 OR LESS on October 17, 2012, she wins the bet. She WILL be paid by me, and my golfing buddy, and the Wiz. Although I do not personally know the other wagerers, I expect all to live up to their word. I also expect HB to live up to her word and pay up if for some reason she fails to make the minimum required weight of 160.8. Why Bob implied that their would be welshing I cannot tell you. Perhaps a 'sleeping street' woke up and told him.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
March 11th, 2012 at 6:23:01 AM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

Wow, I just googled it and I dare not click on any of those links! If you did it to look up picks of my friend let me know and I can post more pics of her.

And on the same note here is a pic I just took of myself with my camera phone. Hopefully you can see a difference in my face now after 8+ weeks since I started this challenge. Hopefully this pic will make up for my horrendous face in my body shot earlier this week!

I didn't google for pictures so there is no need to post any on my behalf. I occasionally look up members of this forum to see if they are on other sites and they are. There are some who are interesting and diverse and others that only a mother could love. I certainly didn't expect what I found under EuropeanHottie but in retrospect it is the internet. My daughter was looking for balloons for a birthday party once and up popped Pamela Anderson. Does anyone google a potential internet identity before assuming it on a forum? I never did but I would now.

I wonder how many other forums WOV members participate on. To keep this thread on track, don't answer that here. It may be an interesting subject for a new thread or poll.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1491
March 11th, 2012 at 7:54:34 AM permalink

That makes my day, thanks! I would make that my screen background, but I'd be playing the 40 questions game if my wife noticed it.

Your face does look a lot better. I never noticed the nice strong chin before.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 11th, 2012 at 11:00:32 AM permalink

That makes my day, thanks! I would make that my screen background, but I'd be playing the 40 questions game if my wife noticed it.

Your face does look a lot better. I never noticed the nice strong chin before.

You're welcome. As mentioned before I started loving your site WoO yeeeears ago and I was the one my friends would lovingly make fun of for following all your strategies and walking around with charts and talking to the floor managers about rules and etc. I am glad to know you and be a part of the forum here! :)

And are you talking about my jawline or specifically my chin? I haven't always been thrilled about my chin cuz it's a "butt" chin. I recently saw a pic of me again when I was 1 year old and I looked so f'ing cute with my butt chin! And at Christmas I was at my grandma's house and I looked at a picture of my deceased grandfather and noticed his butt chin and realized I got it from him. I had previously considered changing the shape of my chin but after seeing my grandpa with the same chin I realized I wasn't sure if I wanted to mess with the appearance of my genetics. I have been considering just fixing my chin to make it even cuz it's crooked. As stated earlier I was planning on using my potential winnings to get plastic surgery and fixing my chin is on the list along with a breast lift and possibly a tummy tuck. I'm a perfectionist and would like to fix whatever I can. I don't like my teeth and mouth, for example. I have been wearing my teeth retainer 24 hours a day for the last 4 weeks (except when I eat or brush my teeth) and have 2 more weeks to go before I see my orthodontist again. I had braces as an adult 10 years ago and now I'm trying to close up the gaps again. I am afraid that when I go in 2 weeks that they are going to tell me that I will need braces again or that Invisiline stuff cuz with only 2 weeks left to go my teeth aren't looking as perfect as I want them. This sucks cuz I'm not sure I can really afford to fix my teeth right now as I haven't been working very much over the last couple of months.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
March 12th, 2012 at 3:51:07 PM permalink
Looking forward to today's report..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 12th, 2012 at 4:16:15 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Looking forward to today's report..

Very soon! Hold tight.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
March 12th, 2012 at 4:27:05 PM permalink
If the Wiz has no plans to feature you in a video after the weigh in, I am willing to make a gambling video with you and European Hottie. Wiz seems to have covered most subject, so only one left is Topless Dealers. LOL
Just kidding, maybe !
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 12th, 2012 at 5:04:46 PM permalink
Quote: buzzpaff

If the Wiz has no plans to feature you in a video after the weigh in, I am willing to make a gambling video with you and European Hottie. Wiz seems to have covered most subject, so only one left is Topless Dealers. LOL
Just kidding, maybe !

With you or the Wiz, either way sounds fun!
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 12th, 2012 at 9:55:47 PM permalink
The blog's up.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 13th, 2012 at 8:02:45 AM permalink

The blog's up.

You are doing so well, and seven months to go.
You'll be 135 pounds by Oct. Losing weight is
fun because you feel like you're accomplishing
something important. And you are.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 17th, 2012 at 9:36:10 PM permalink
Today, being the 17th, is exactly 7 months left to go in this challenge. I really wish I was out partying for St. Patty's day today. I love beer! And not to mention bars and fun and music and etc. Sigh! It'll be worth it though! I'm planning on having tons of fun on my October Vegas trip. Only 7 more months to go!!
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 19th, 2012 at 9:53:03 AM permalink
I have been meaning to respond to these comments for a while now...

Quote: boymimbo

At some point, HB, let's say that you're about 10 pounds away with a week to go, and you know that you're going to be close but you are not going to hit your goal. You reason to yourself, "I get 6,750 or I lose $750". You know that liposuction will cost $4,000. Do you do the lipo, thinking to yourself, I'm ahead $3,500 anyway. After all, when you weigh in for the final bet, they won't be looking at every nook and cranny of your body (well I won't be there).

One of the terms of the bet was that I couldn't get any type of surgery for weight loss. I haven't had any and don't plan on having any done. I'm playing fair. And if anyone has any hesitations I am totally ok with giving someone permission to inspect my body for any signs of surgery marks at the weigh in. I have been losing weight completely on diet, exercise, and mental focus alone. Hey, $6,300+ is a great motivator! And the Wizard is on my Facebook. He can verify to you guys the enormous amount of times I've checked in to the gym through Yelp which was then posted on my Facebook page.

Quote: weaselman

He was not insulting you.

Again, the majority of the insults and disrespect SOOPOO has shown towards me has been OFF this thread. I wasn't saying that he insulted me in this thread. SOOPOO and I had spent hours and hours on the phone during the first several weeks of the birth of this thread. I had found on several occasions that he would say rude and insulting things towards me, and be disrespectful towards me. SOOPOO and I are no longer friends, obviously. But I wasn't refering to anything he's said in this thread as being insulting, I was refering to insults he had made toward me off the thread.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 19th, 2012 at 10:44:50 AM permalink
50 trips to the gym and 10 weeks down! New blog.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 19th, 2012 at 10:55:11 AM permalink

Again, the majority of the insults and disrespect SOOPOO has shown towards me has been OFF this thread. I wasn't saying that he insulted me in this thread. SOOPOO and I had spent hours and hours on the phone during the first several weeks of the birth of this thread. I had found on several occasions that he would say rude and insulting things towards me, and be disrespectful towards me. SOOPOO and I are no longer friends, obviously. But I wasn't refering to anything he's said in this thread as being insulting, I was refering to insults he had made toward me off the thread.

She won't give it up.... As I stated earlier, I cannot go into the details of what was said, as it would break the confidence I gave to HB. I'm waiting for HB to give me the go ahead and then let the forum decide if I was 'rude' or 'direspectful'. I won't be holding my breath.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 19th, 2012 at 10:57:26 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

She won't give it up.... As I stated earlier, I cannot go into the details of what was said, as it would break the confidence I gave to HB. I'm waiting for HB to give me the go ahead and then let the forum decide if I was 'rude' or 'direspectful'. I won't be holding my breath.

Scott, I'm talking about the MANY times you've insulted me and have been disrespectful towards me. You are bringing up just one incident here and I'm not talking about that one in particular.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 19th, 2012 at 11:07:17 AM permalink

Wow, you're doing fantastic. I really like your
dedication to details in the blog posts. Its exactly
what you should be doing, making the weight loss
the number one priority in your life. And you still
have 7 months to go, you'll sail past your 90
pound goal long before then.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 19th, 2012 at 11:11:20 AM permalink

Wow, you're doing fantastic. I really like your
dedication to details in the blog posts. Its exactly
what you should be doing, making the weight loss
the number one priority in your life. And you still
have 7 months to go, you'll sail past your 90
pound goal long before then.

Thanks, Bob! It has been and IS my number one priority right now. It's all about FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!!
1BB
1BB
March 19th, 2012 at 12:24:54 PM permalink

Scott, I'm talking about the MANY times you've insulted me and have been disrespectful towards me. You are bringing up just one incident here and I'm not talking about that one in particular.

"...develop an attitude of gratitude and give thanks for everything that happens to you..." - Brian Tracy
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 19th, 2012 at 12:26:02 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

"...develop an attitude of gratitude and give thanks for everything that happens to you..." - Brian Tracy

So I should be thankful when someone insults and disrespects me?
1BB
1BB
March 19th, 2012 at 12:30:05 PM permalink

Why not? You may feel better.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 19th, 2012 at 12:38:17 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

Why not? You may feel better.

Well I do agree with you in a sense. Byron Katie says things happen FOR us, not TO us. I've been trying in my life to keep a more positive attitude. I don't want to fight with SOOPOO.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
March 19th, 2012 at 12:53:38 PM permalink

Well, if you get too Christ-like we'll have to nail you to some wood.

btw I sure hope this thread can cool off from this stuff
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 19th, 2012 at 2:26:50 PM permalink

Well I do agree with you in a sense. Byron Katie says things happen FOR us, not TO us. I've been trying in my life to keep a more positive attitude. I don't want to fight with SOOPOO.

HB- since your initial 'disagreement' with me I've tried to steer clear, but you have repeatedly sullied my name. If you don't want to 'fight' with me why did you bring up my 'disrespect' for you again? What was your motive? I can only tell you that you often misinterpret disagreement with disrespect.
Anyway, congratulations on your success so far.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 19th, 2012 at 2:45:51 PM permalink

I can only tell you that you often misinterpret disagreement with disrespect.

Uh Oh. So she misinterpreted what you said. I tried
this gambit on my wife several times over the years.
It never ended well.
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
March 19th, 2012 at 8:01:32 PM permalink
Some predictions about this thread:

(1) Within two days, it will be on the Top Threads List.
(2) Within two weeks, it will be in the #2 position on that list.
(3) It will never reach the #1 position.
(4) Sincere compliments, encouragements, and senseless bickering will continue at least through the weigh in.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
March 19th, 2012 at 8:15:47 PM permalink
Congratulations to HB on your continued success!

I'd like to suggest that you drop the public feud with SOOPOO, since he is gagged from defending himself. It doesn't seem like a fair fight.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 20th, 2012 at 4:18:43 PM permalink

Congratulations to HB on your continued success!

I'd like to suggest that you drop the public feud with SOOPOO, since he is gagged from defending himself. It doesn't seem like a fair fight.

Thanks for your congratulations. And I agree. SOOPOO I am sorry and I won't bring up any old stuff any more. I don't want to fight, not with you, not with anyone. It's too bad a friendship between us didn't work out but regardless I don't want to fight.

On another note I am incredibly sick today. I made the decision yesterday to cheat on my diet during the second half of the day to celebrate my 40 pound weight loss success. Although I did eat foods not in my plan I didn't overindulge or go too crazy but I did drink too much alcohol. Way too much. I've been in bed all day and I'm typing this from my phone cuz I can't get up. I haven't eaten anything yet. I puked last night and am still feeling pretty sick. I'll probably spend the rest of the day in bed unfortunately. I'm hoping my headache goes away and I can eat something shortly.

I had planned originally to stick to my program 100% through this whole thing but figured giving myself a day off (well now it's 2 days) would be good mentally. So I'm thinking to take a day off every 10 weeks so I'll have 2 more times I can do this (minus the getting pukey sick part). My friend made a good point by saying that my metabolism is raging right now and cheating for one day really won't do any harm to my progress. I think she's right. Like I stated earlier I went to the gym 50 times so far. But even though I was scared to cheat I'm glad I did. It really helped me mentally cuz to think I'd have to be super strict for another 30 weeks straight just seemed like a big task. I don't doubt that I'll jump right back in to my program with no issues once I'm feeling better again. Hopefully all will be well tomorrow.
Doc
Doc
March 20th, 2012 at 4:37:47 PM permalink

SOOPOO I am sorry and I won't bring up any old stuff any more. I don't want to fight, not with you, not with anyone.

Nice move. Hopefully folks can prove my prediction (4) to be false, at least that very last part of it. Keep the others coming.

Sorry to hear that you are ill. Punishment for breaking pattern? ;-)
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 20th, 2012 at 4:47:31 PM permalink

I made the decision yesterday to cheat on my diet

Back when I needed to drop 40 pounds in my 30's, I was on
a strict sugar and carbo free diet for 3 months. I was at a
meeting and they had free jelly donuts and I ate 3 of them.
I passed out from the sugar rush, it shot my pancreas into
overdrive and over produced insulin and took too much sugar
out of my blood. I ended up at emergency at the hospital.

You have to be very careful about what you do when you go
off a strict diet. Your body can easily over react, as you just
found out.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 20th, 2012 at 4:55:53 PM permalink
Yeah since I consumed no alcohol for about 2 1/2 months my tolerance had gone down. I expected that but madethemistake of drinking too much anyway. I just wanted to go out and have fun but I overdid it.

I just ordered some Chinese food for delivery. Hopefully I'll be able to keep it down. An even though I ordered fried rice I did ask them to make it with brown rice, lol. I'm going to nibble on the rice and the soup their bringing me and lay in bed and watch the Wizard's YouTube videos. :)

I would enjoy some company right now. Funny thing is EuropeanHottie is sick from drinking now too.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
March 20th, 2012 at 4:59:19 PM permalink

I would enjoy some company right now. Funny thing is EuropeanHottie is sick from drinking now too.

Most likely you caught an intestinal bug. Stomach maladies from alcohol clear up soon after emesis (doesn't than sound much better? <g>). When I get sick like that, it means days of nothing but chicken soup and toast
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 20th, 2012 at 5:20:46 PM permalink

Back when I needed to drop 40 pounds in my 30's, I was on
a strict sugar and carbo free diet for 3 months. I was at a
meeting and they had free jelly donuts and I ate 3 of them.
I passed out from the sugar rush, it shot my pancreas into
overdrive and over produced insulin and took too much sugar
out of my blood. I ended up at emergency at the hospital.

You have to be very careful about what you do when you go
off a strict diet. Your body can easily over react, as you just
found out.

Now I'm scared cuz since I was 100% strict that means that my sodium intake was really low. I'm eating my food now and I'm afraid I might have a heart attack from all the sodium I'm consuming. No joke!
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 20th, 2012 at 5:23:17 PM permalink

Now I'm scared cuz since I was 100% strict that means that my sodium intake was really low. I'm eating my food now and I'm afraid I might have a heart attack from all the sodium I'm consuming. No joke!

Oh stop it. You're fine, you just poisoned yourself last
night and your body is reacting with a bad hangover
to all the impurities in the booze. You just learned a
lesson, do it differently next time.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
March 20th, 2012 at 5:45:40 PM permalink

I just ordered some Chinese food for delivery. Hopefully I'll be able to keep it down. An even though I ordered fried rice I did ask them to make it with brown rice, lol. I'm going to nibble on the rice and the soup their bringing me and lay in bed and watch the Wizard's YouTube videos. :)

Ooh, baby. Watching the Wizard in bed? Wanting some company? Is watching the Wizard's u-tube videos your form of porn?

I'm sorry. I just couldn't resist.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 20th, 2012 at 6:00:39 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

Ooh, baby. Watching the Wizard in bed? Wanting some company? Is watching the Wizard's u-tube videos your form of porn?

I'm sorry. I just couldn't resist.

Very funny.

Yesterday I was able to eat my favoritest pizza in the whole wide world! You can see how much I'm enjoying it.

Here's me and EH eyeing a woo woo shot. Looking at it now makes my stomach turn, lol.

EH thought I looked funny trying to make this shot and had to take a pic of it.

FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
March 20th, 2012 at 6:27:38 PM permalink
Minnesota Slim, er uh...... Valley Girl Slim!
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 20th, 2012 at 6:52:27 PM permalink
This thread is now listed in the top 5 threads. Congratulations, thread!
Doc
Doc
March 20th, 2012 at 8:18:15 PM permalink

This thread is now listed in the top 5 threads. Congratulations, thread!

Prediction (1) validated ahead of schedule. I'm fairly confident of predictions (2) and (3). Let's make the first 2/3 of (4) true also.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 20th, 2012 at 10:14:20 PM permalink

SOOPOO I am sorry and I won't bring up any old stuff any more. I don't want to fight, not with you, not with anyone. It's too bad a friendship between us didn't work out but regardless I don't want to fight.

Well then, HB, I am sorry if I offended you. I feel like I so much want to enjoy giving you your weight loss bounty, not feel bad about losing money. From the beginning that was my intent. It seems to me that we have both extended olive branches....
I was thinking, HB, would you consider T shirts with your svelte likeness as souveniers for those who attend your October weigh in? Maybe we could also sell them to forum members at a profit to increase the HB take? That way those that can't be in Vegas in October can still feel like they participated.

And feel better soon.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 20th, 2012 at 10:24:54 PM permalink

Well then, HB, I am sorry if I offended you. I feel like I so much want to enjoy giving you your weight loss bounty, not feel bad about losing money. From the beginning that was my intent. It seems to me that we have both extended olive branches....
I was thinking, HB, would you consider T shirts with your svelte likeness as souveniers for those who attend your October weigh in? Maybe we could also sell them to forum members at a profit to increase the HB take? That way those that can't be in Vegas in October can still feel like they participated.

And feel better soon.

Thank you. And that's a funny idea. I don't know if anyone would be interested in a t-shirt with me in a bikini on it. But I like the idea of doing something to make more money, for sure.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 21st, 2012 at 5:12:47 PM permalink
Well... HB and I are no longer mortal enemies... and she was asking me if anyone would be interested in betting against her now.... I told her no chance at 9 - 1, but there is a 'line' for every bet.... I was guessing a fair line now would be close to even money... Mr. Wiz (or anyone), what would you make the line now?
WongBo
WongBo
  • Threads: 62
March 21st, 2012 at 5:17:15 PM permalink
I might be interested...was there a notarized proof of her starting weight?
In a bet, there is a fool and a thief. - Proverb.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
March 21st, 2012 at 5:18:15 PM permalink
Let me preface this by saying I wish HB success, and I say the following hoping that whoever takes the other side shares any winnings with her, thus providing a greater incentive. That said, I'm still looking to bet the "no" at even money at this point. If there are no takers at that price, I'm open to counter-offers.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 21st, 2012 at 5:20:09 PM permalink

Let me preface this by saying I wish HB success, and I say the following hoping that whoever takes the other side shares any winnings with her, thus providing a greater incentive. That said, I'm still looking to bet the "no" at even money at this point. If there are no takers at that price, I'm open to counter-offers.

So what does this all mean? No one will bet against me any more, just between yourselves only?
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
March 21st, 2012 at 5:20:28 PM permalink
Quote: WongBo

Surely youonly need proof of hercurrent weight.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
WongBo
WongBo
  • Threads: 62
March 21st, 2012 at 5:24:34 PM permalink
a photograph of a scale with a pair of feet on it hardly constitutes proof.
i would want notarized proof. what other kind of proof is there in this type of case?
In a bet, there is a fool and a thief. - Proverb.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 21st, 2012 at 5:25:24 PM permalink

There is not 'notarized proof', but the Wiz has personally met HB and vouched for 'approximate weight'. The final weigh in will be adjudicated by the Wiz. HB's initial weigh in was done by her in the privacy of her apartment, and she did photograph the scale, for whatever that is worth. To save you a few hundred posts, the only rules are that HB not have any weight loss surgery, and not use diuretics. It will be up to her word to state that she honored those terms.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 21st, 2012 at 5:43:31 PM permalink

Hi boys. This is me now. I will be a svelte 160 pounds by October 17th of this year.
Are any more of you man enough to bet against me??

For those of you who may be skeptical I'm including a picture I took of the date on the newspaper so you can see closer...

HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 21st, 2012 at 5:46:00 PM permalink

So here's my 8-week progress picture:

• Jump to: