Thread Rating:

FrGamble
FrGamble
  • Threads: 27
March 30th, 2012 at 6:07:26 PM permalink
I hate to say this but at this point I would like to just send my $90 to HB as a gift for her hard work and wish her well. I have been reading this thread much like how I watch Jersey Shore when I happen to run across it on TV. I want to look away because it is painful to watch but have a hard time doing so. With the recent developments of HB having such a tough time I just want to help her and turn the channel off of her private life.

So Dear HB, I pray that the good Lord Jesus will bless you with the wisdom to not only pursue with such dedication the fleeting and changing goal of "hotness" but also the lasting virtue of "holiness". May you recognize that no matter what others say - you are a precious and dear daughter of your loving Father in Heaven. May the love of God and the love of yourself be the true riches that motivate you to complete this challenge which so many of us know you can do! You go girl and God Bless!
Amen
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
March 30th, 2012 at 6:22:06 PM permalink
FrGamble- that is quite noble of you to offer HB the $90 you risked in the wager. But of course, you never made the wager hoping to take the $10 from HB in the first place. You, like me, agreed to make the wager at HB's request, as an incentive for her to complete this daunting task. If you just send her the $90 it takes away from the incentive she asked us all to provide her. I think HB will savor the $90 far more when it is presented to her on October 17, as she will have truly earned it, rather than accepting a charitable donation from you now....
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
March 30th, 2012 at 7:54:21 PM permalink
" as she will have truly earned it " AMEN
progrocker
progrocker
  • Threads: 4
March 30th, 2012 at 8:43:18 PM permalink
Quote: weaselman

Like what?

High ABV stuff like IPAs, DIPAs, Barley Wines, strong ales, etc.
Dogfish Head 90 Minute is an estimated 270 calories. I could easily drink six beers like that in a sitting before I started dieting. Now I just drink straight 40% alcohol, 60-70 calories per oz., and more infrequently.
There are also plenty of people that drink a 12 pack of the normal stuff daily.

Guinness is actually not bad for a diet beer. It is surprisingly low in calories due to it's low ABV and it is filling. I'd rather have two of those than at around 250 calories total than a six pack of lager at 600-700 calories.
Solo venimos, solo nos vamos. Y aqui nos juntamos, juntos que estamos.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
March 30th, 2012 at 8:45:47 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

You, like me, agreed to make the wager at HB's request, as an incentive for her to complete this daunting task. If you just send her the $90 it takes away from the incentive she asked us all to provide her. I think HB will savor the $90 far more when it is presented to her on October 17, .

Just sending her the money is weird, it destroys
the whole spirit of the thing.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
WongBo
WongBo
  • Threads: 62
March 30th, 2012 at 9:19:39 PM permalink
Quote: FrGamble

...and turn the channel off of her private life. ... Amen

In a bet, there is a fool and a thief. - Proverb.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
March 31st, 2012 at 4:02:29 AM permalink

I hate to say this but at this point I would like to just send my $90 to HB as a gift for her hard work and wish her well. I have been reading this thread much like how I watch Jersey Shore when I happen to run across it on TV. I want to look away because it is painful to watch but have a hard time doing so. With the recent developments of HB having such a tough time I just want to help her and turn the channel off of her private life.

So Dear HB, I pray that the good Lord Jesus will bless you with the wisdom to not only pursue with such dedication the fleeting and changing goal of "hotness" but also the lasting virtue of "holiness". May you recognize that no matter what others say - you are a precious and dear daughter of your loving Father in Heaven. May the love of God and the love of yourself be the true riches that motivate you to complete this challenge which so many of us know you can do! You go girl and God Bless!
Amen

Send me the $90 and I'll donate it to a truly deserving organization or individual.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
DanMahowny
DanMahowny
  • Threads: 8
March 31st, 2012 at 2:30:59 PM permalink
Quote: WongBo

prediction: won't reach goal, won't pay immediately

I say won't reach goal, won't pay ever.
"I don't have a gambling problem. I have a financial problem."
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
March 31st, 2012 at 6:53:02 PM permalink
Quote: DanMahowny

I say won't reach goal, won't pay ever.

And what exactly are you basing your opinion of said character flaw on ???
DanMahowny
DanMahowny
March 31st, 2012 at 7:53:47 PM permalink
Quote: buzzpaff

And what exactly are you basing your opinion of said character flaw on ???

Fat people are everywhere! It's easy to be fat and stay fat. Very, very few people can lose that much weight. That's hard!

Also history of not paying debts (unpaid medical bills). I would not trust someone to pay that has a history of not paying.

Staying fat and not paying is the most likely result. Here is how I'd handicap it:

A) Reach goal- 10% chance.
B) Fail to reach goal and pay everyone- 30% chance.
C) Fail to reach goal and not pay- 60% chance.
DanMahowny
DanMahowny
March 31st, 2012 at 8:28:23 PM permalink
If she DOES reach her goal, it's 100% someone DOES NOT pay up! This is an anonymous forum- it's just too easy not to pay.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 116
March 31st, 2012 at 10:02:35 PM permalink
HB's Prediction:

99% of you live boring lives and need to create drama out of my life in order to entertain yourselves.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
DorothyGale
DorothyGale
  • Threads: 40
April 1st, 2012 at 7:02:21 AM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

HB's Prediction:

99% of you live boring lives and need to create drama out of my life in order to entertain yourselves.

That's not a prediction, it's a statement of opinion about the current state of the group of individuals who participate in this thread ... predictions are statements of opinion about the future, as in, I predict that HB will abandon this forum long before the challenge date, making it nearly impossible to know if she has completed the task.

Your use of "99%" acknowledges that for all practical purposes, you have very few who will stand up for you and your collection of behaviors, one of which is lashing out in anger at nearly everyone here.

--Ms. D.
"Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness!"
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
April 1st, 2012 at 10:07:49 AM permalink
I think there has been a great deal of overspeculation on HB's ability to pay based on her hospital experience which she relayed to everyone on the forum. It was this experience where she revealed that she was trying to get out of a hospital bill and have the hospital write off the expense as charity.

This then denigrated to an attack on HB's character which I think is uncalled for, but not unexpected on an internet forum.

I'm not in on this bet because personally, I think it's in poor taste to gamble on weight loss, and as well, I think it's very very easy to welch on a bet -- on both sides. I wish HB the best of luck... but I think this week's weigh in will not be good for HB either.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
April 1st, 2012 at 10:27:13 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

This then denigrated to an attack on HB's character which I think is uncalled for, but not unexpected on an internet forum.

I agree! I am not enjoying logging on to this site any more. I am not a bad person and don't like that I'm being made to feel like I am. I joined this site and have had a lot of fun. But it's not feeling fun any more. I put my life out there to share and have fun and unfortunately in doing so it's opened me up for people to take jabs at me.

I'll say this one more time and then I am not going to comment on this again. The ER that I go to has a sign when you sign in saying that payment is due the day of service. I went without insurance and without enough money to pay THAT DAY. The hospital offered me the charity paperwork, it was not anything I pursued. I've told you all that I have been granted charity in the past, and there were other times where I had to pay on a payment schedule, and I paid, EVERY PENNY, and on time. I am responsible and honor all of my commitments. Even my landlord was impressed when I moved in and pulled up my credit, saying she liked that I had 20+ something lines of credit opened over a long time period and they all currently have a $0 balance. ALL. I have made a bet and said that I will pay in October if I lose this bet. My rent is paid on time, I've never been evicted, I am a responsible person.

Maybe it was naive of me to open myself up on here expecting friendship and not expecting people to sit there and pick me apart and judge me. That naiveness is probably due to the little amount of activity I've had in forums in general. You all are entitled to your opinions and I respect that. At the same time I have become turned off by this site and not sure how much time I want to spend on here any more. And that has nothing to do with the bet that I'm involved in because as I've said, and this is the LAST time I'll say it, I'M HONORING MY BET. That's regardless of how often I participate in the forum itself any more. That's the last I'm going to speak of this and if you guys want to go on and on you can start a I HATE HOTBLONDE thread and say whatever you want or I'll just stay completely off this thread to avoid the negativity if you want to continue.

Quote: boymimbo

I wish HB the best of luck... but I think this week's weigh in will not be good for HB either.

This was not my best week but not as bad as last week. I'm not looking forward to weighing in tomorrow.
seviay
seviay
  • Threads: 16
April 1st, 2012 at 11:01:11 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

While not exactly obese, I used to be 20 pounds heavier than I am now. About 2005 I did a weight loss bet with two friends to see who could lose the most. I went from about 195 to 155 -- and still came in second. While I quickly put back some of it, I've stayed between 170 and 175 ever since pretty much ever since. There is no life-changing story behind it. I just like how I look and feel at a lighter weight. It is worth working out daily and eating better for. Plus, I want to be around for the August 12, 2045 total eclipse, which will cut through the United States.

Wiz, I was mostly speaking to those who are not simply overweight, but fall into the category of obese or morbidly obese. I've tried to help way too many people -- as well as seen/heard about many others -- only to see and hear the same results. If the person doesn't address the "reason" for being obese, they will most likely return to being obese after any weight loss. It's just like any other addiction, I suppose. If you don't alleviate the triggers, what stops you from falling back into your old patterns?

As for your weight, Wiz, you sound like you were a pretty "normal" American who maybe exercised a little less than you should and/or ate worse than you should, as opposed to having some deep-seated issues. Congrats on finding a good happy medium for your "fighting weight." I love hearing stories of long-term success! And for the record, I still wish HB the best of luck with her endeavor.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
April 1st, 2012 at 11:30:09 AM permalink

The ER that I go to has a sign when you sign in saying that payment is due the day of service. I went without insurance and without enough money to pay THAT DAY. The hospital offered me the charity paperwork

This was not my best week but not as bad as last week. I'm not looking forward to weighing in tomorrow.

Two points... If when you go and use a service (in this case a hospital ER), and they offer you a discount or free service, depending upon certain parameters, and you honestly meet those parameters, you cannot blame someone for taking advantage of that offer. That is different from someone going in and saying that they will not pay. So I would say HB's acceptance of 'charity care' as nothing more than using the options that were made available to her.

I just had a broken windshield, and my grossly incompetent (and now fired) insurance agent 'forgot' to get glass coverage for me. When i went to the repair shop, I saw the guy writing up a bill for $500. When I mentioned my insurance fiasco, he asked me if I would like the blah, blah discount. I said yes and he re-wrote the bill for $375. Me accepting this 'charity' is different than if I went in demanding a lower rate, and I think is analagous to HB's situation.

As far as the weigh in tomorrow, I expect a weight under 220. "steroid weight' comes on quickly, but sheds quickly, too...
Using HB's last grid, she is still on pace to defeat the challenge about a month early. Her final goal in the 130's, although laudible, is not part of the betting challenge.
FrGamble
FrGamble
  • Threads: 27
April 1st, 2012 at 12:00:22 PM permalink
I will be part of the 1% to stand up for HB and hope that she does not leave the forum. I do however feel this whole HB challenge idea is unraveling and that might not be a bad thing. I don't want to break the Wizard's second commandment but it might be best for HB and all of us to put an end to the challenge. I do not mean that HB should stop trying to lose weight and recover her inner and outer "hotness". I do mean that it has become painfully obvious that HB may not be in a position to make such a bet. In retrospect we also have to ask ourselves is money really a good motivator for a change in lifestyle that is needed? I for one continue to pray that HB rocks this challenge, but that she does it for herself, not us, not for fleeting money, and not in such a glare of public scrutiny. If we can end this challenge and the venom poured out upon her on this thread I do think she will stay around, contribute, and on Oct. 17th I wouldn't be surprised to all of the sudden see a new HB.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
April 1st, 2012 at 12:12:44 PM permalink
I was talking with someone I know recently and he told me he was inspired by my success (so far) and told me that he is now going to try (again) to lose the 50 pounds his doctor told him he needs to lose. I asked him why he fell off last time and he told me "Because it was hard." I said "Oh, really? So let's imagine a starving African child is standing right next to you. And I want you to tell that little child who has basically NOTHING how incredibly HARD your life is, feeding yourself healthy and nutritious food 5 to 6 times a day and putting your life in a healthy position. Go ahead and tell that child how hard it is." I told him not to ever say that it is hard because he is lying when he says that. I told him "You want to know the absolute truth? Losing the weight I have so far has been easy, and I challenge anyone to give me a lie detector test to prove thane wrong." I'm not saying that I haven't felt stress having to reorganize my schedule and having less time to work or do extracurricular activities, but here is no way in hell I would call anything I did hard. He hen said, "Ok, it wasn't hard, it was time consuming." and I said "Your damned right! If you were used to, like I was, just eating food that's convenient and doesn't take any planning or preparation then this is going to be an adjustment. But we're not supposed to eat prepacked and pre-prepared food all day long every day. You need to get used to spending time in the kitchen."

Anyway my friend is joining the gym this weekend and is committed to going 3 times a week. He also started dieting on Friday and I even offered to go with him and did go with him to Trader Joe's. We walked up and down every aisle and we read labels and he selected nothing but healthy foods that he would look at as being enjoyable and yummy.

I told him there's 3 things he needs to keep in mind: FUN, EASY, and YUMMY. We repeated this the entire day. I told him not to do any exercise he didn't like, not to eat any foods unless he thought they were yummy (within healthy limits, of course) and to find ways to make it fun. He's not in prison, he's involved in self love by feeding himself nutritious and delicious foods, enjoying fun physical activities and reaping the weight loss benefits along the way. You don't like to do squats? Then don't do squats! Find a different exercise to work out your quads. You don't like to jog? Then find what you do like! You dont like salmon? Then eay tuna! What could be better than eating the foods you like and doing activities you enjoy? You want to sit on the couch the rest of your life like a fat slob? Feed yourself and be loving towards yourself and feel the synergistic energy of it all. How wonderful is that?
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
April 1st, 2012 at 12:21:31 PM permalink
I've struggled back and forth with the same 30-40
pounds all my life. Taken it off, put it back on over
and over. I always tell people and I really mean it:
Any idiot can lose weight, it takes a genius to keep
it off.

And I ain't no genius. Old habits die hard, and it
takes constant vigilance to keep lost weight from
creeping back on. The workouts get fewer and
fewer, the booze creeps back in, the empty pizza
boxes pile up. And the idiot tries it again, hoping the
genius will emerge this time.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
April 1st, 2012 at 12:31:03 PM permalink

I will be part of the 1% to stand up for HB and hope that she does not leave the forum. I do however feel this whole HB challenge idea is unraveling and that might not be a bad thing. I don't want to break the Wizard's second commandment but it might be best for HB and all of us to put an end to the challenge. I do not mean that HB should stop trying to lose weight and recover her inner and outer "hotness". I do mean that it has become painfully obvious that HB may not be in a position to make such a bet. In retrospect we also have to ask ourselves is money really a good motivator for a change in lifestyle that is needed? I for one continue to pray that HB rocks this challenge, but that she does it for herself, not us, not for fleeting money, and not in such a glare of public scrutiny. If we can end this challenge and the venom poured out upon her on this thread I do think she will stay around, contribute, and on Oct. 17th I wouldn't be surprised to all of the sudden see a new HB.

1%? I am sure the majority of the active forum members want HB to stay in the forum. She adds an interesting perspective to a variety of the forums. The HB challenge is alive and well. The setback that befell HB actually made the challenge more interesting, not less interesting. The challenge is a series of about 10 separate bets between HB and different forum members and friends and relatives. The only way any of these bets can be terminated is by a consentual agreement between HB and the individual she is wagering against. HB has been INCREASING the mount she has been risking in recent weeks, so I doubt she would be interested in calling off the challenge. HB has stated she IS in position to make such a bet, why do you think she is wrong? The 'is money a good motivator' question is one I asked HB before the whole challenge started. It seemed to me that the many benefits of the weight loss far exceeded the monetary value, but not to HB, as per herself.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
April 1st, 2012 at 1:24:32 PM permalink

1%?

I agree, I think it is more of a matter of 1% deciding to take shots.

Plus I do not think HB has blown her chances.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
seviay
seviay
April 1st, 2012 at 1:44:03 PM permalink

I was talking with someone I know recently and he told me he was inspired by my success (so far) and told me that he is now going to try (again) to lose the 50 pounds his doctor told him he needs to lose. I asked him why he fell off last time and he told me "Because it was hard." I said "Oh, really? So let's imagine a starving African child is standing right next to you. And I want you to tell that little child who has basically NOTHING how incredibly HARD your life is, feeding yourself healthy and nutritious food 5 to 6 times a day and putting your life in a healthy position. Go ahead and tell that child how hard it is." I told him not to ever say that it is hard because he is lying when he says that. I told him "You want to know the absolute truth? Losing the weight I have so far has been easy, and I challenge anyone to give me a lie detector test to prove thane wrong." I'm not saying that I haven't felt stress having to reorganize my schedule and having less time to work or do extracurricular activities, but here is no way in hell I would call anything I did hard. He hen said, "Ok, it wasn't hard, it was time consuming." and I said "Your damned right! If you were used to, like I was, just eating food that's convenient and doesn't take any planning or preparation then this is going to be an adjustment. But we're not supposed to eat prepacked and pre-prepared food all day long every day. You need to get used to spending time in the kitchen."

Anyway my friend is joining the gym this weekend and is committed to going 3 times a week. He also started dieting on Friday and I even offered to go with him and did go with him to Trader Joe's. We walked up and down every aisle and we read labels and he selected nothing but healthy foods that he would look at as being enjoyable and yummy.

I told him there's 3 things he needs to keep in mind: FUN, EASY, and YUMMY. We repeated this the entire day. I told him not to do any exercise he didn't like, not to eat any foods unless he thought they were yummy (within healthy limits, of course) and to find ways to make it fun. He's not in prison, he's involved in self love by feeding himself nutritious and delicious foods, enjoying fun physical activities and reaping the weight loss benefits along the way. You don't like to do squats? Then don't do squats! Find a different exercise to work out your quads. You don't like to jog? Then find what you do like! You dont like salmon? Then eay tuna! What could be better than eating the foods you like and doing activities you enjoy? You want to sit on the couch the rest of your life like a fat slob? Feed yourself and be loving towards yourself and feel the synergistic energy of it all. How wonderful is that?

Love this. I hope you all can feed off of each other's energy and positivity and keep it up.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
April 1st, 2012 at 4:16:58 PM permalink
Quote: seviay

Love this. I hope you all can feed off of each other's energy and positivity and keep it up.

I hope so too. I told him to remember that I'm doing the same thing he's doing at the same time (although more strict).
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
April 3rd, 2012 at 7:58:27 AM permalink
When can we expect the week 12 report?
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
April 3rd, 2012 at 10:03:40 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

When can we expect the week 12 report?

Yes. I wasn't feeling well yesterday so I didn't get it ready to put it up. I'll put it up in a short bit.
kmumf
kmumf
  • Threads: 1
April 4th, 2012 at 1:47:34 PM permalink
I think this train is running out of steam this week.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
April 4th, 2012 at 5:16:15 PM permalink

Yes. I wasn't feeling well yesterday so I didn't get it ready to put it up. I'll put it up in a short bit.

The forum is still waiting with bated breath.....(edit as per EvenBob)
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
April 4th, 2012 at 9:52:22 PM permalink
I want to put it up but everyime I attempt to, like now, I don't have the energy to write my blog. I'm very detailed (part of being a perfectionist) and I don't want to just post my weight and that's it. I want to explain and put in my story for the week. This all takes time.
seviay
seviay
April 4th, 2012 at 10:23:13 PM permalink

I want to put it up but everyime I attempt to, like now, I don't have the energy to write my blog. I'm very detailed (part of being a perfectionist) and I don't want to just post my weight and that's it. I want to explain and put in my story for the week. This all takes time.

Without knowing you, this deflection seems all too familiar. I hope that, unlike countless friends I've tried to help, you're not just working on your excuses and/or ducking reality. Here's to hoping your delay is for good details, not excuses. Cheers.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
April 4th, 2012 at 11:08:42 PM permalink
Monday's weigh in...

There, now leave me alone.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
April 4th, 2012 at 11:27:14 PM permalink
I do have to say, not only do I not enjoy the private messages attacking my character and telling me that I'm not going to pay up if I lose the bet, but I also don't like the incinuations that I have to write a weekly blog on here. To be told that it is "implied" that I write a weekly blog is wrong. The terms of this bet are very clear. I need to lose at LEAST 90 pounds from Jan 9th to October 17th, and I can't use diuretics and I can't use any weight loss surgery. If I don't report another single weight loss week until October 17th then I am not in violation cuz nothing is "IMPLIED", per the private message person, that I need to report each week. If I lose and have to pay on Ocotber 17th then I will pay, but if I win I expect EVERY SINGLE PERSON who bet against me to pay me my winnings whether I report another weigh in from now until then or not. There is nothing implied in a bet. I lose 90 pounds or not. If I do I win. If not I don't win. Either way I am not REQUIRED to report my weight each week. I just want to make that clear.
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
April 4th, 2012 at 11:38:20 PM permalink

Monday's weigh in...

Well that is encouraging. You are two weeks behind your rather ambitious original schedule, but you built in 8 weeks of slack. So you are way ahead of your average person as you seem to be down 60 pounds from your lifetime peak.

You should feel pretty good about yourself.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
April 4th, 2012 at 11:40:42 PM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

Well that is encouraging. You are two weeks behind your rather ambitious original schedule, but you built in 8 weeks of slack. So you are way ahead of your average person as you seem to be down 60 pounds from your lifetime peak.

Thank you, paco. Your words are always encouraging. I'm doing the best I can. I just get stressed, obviously. And as I mentioned previously, I have found myself growing further away from this forum as I like to stay away from negativity. But I still have every hope and am determined to put in every effort to still win this challenge, even if only for personal benefit.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
April 5th, 2012 at 2:16:59 AM permalink

I do have to say, not only do I not enjoy the private messages attacking my character and telling me that I'm not going to pay up if I lose the bet, but I also don't like the incinuations that I have to write a weekly blog on here. To be told that it is "implied" that I write a weekly blog is wrong. The terms of this bet are very clear. I need to lose at LEAST 90 pounds from Jan 9th to October 17th, and I can't use diuretics and I can't use any weight loss surgery. If I don't report another single weight loss week until October 17th then I am not in violation cuz nothing is "IMPLIED", per the private message person, that I need to report each week. If I lose and have to pay on Ocotber 17th then I will pay, but if I win I expect EVERY SINGLE PERSON who bet against me to pay me my winnings whether I report another weigh in from now until then or not. There is nothing implied in a bet. I lose 90 pounds or not. If I do I win. If not I don't win. Either way I am not REQUIRED to report my weight each week. I just want to make that clear.

All above is correct. When HB and I talked about this before this started I suggested she report her weight every Wednesday (the final weigh in is scheduled on a Wednesday) as a courtesy to the bettors. She chose to do an entire blog and use Monday as her weekly weigh in day, but is under no obligation to do so. And congrats on the 217.6 number, you are still way ahead of the pace needed to win the challenge.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
April 5th, 2012 at 4:23:03 AM permalink

And congrats on the 217.6 number,.

That number is actually 216.8 when you subtract the weight of the camera and the nail polish. And although I'm sure the final weighin will not be with naked toe nails let us not get in to any debate about there being any requirements about it.
Its a strange thing to make a bet over, but the bets have been made and we will await the final results. Although I think most of the "bets" were made as "incentive gifts" rather than true bets.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
April 5th, 2012 at 7:14:02 AM permalink
Congratulations on a good week! For the benefit of others, the last weigh in was 225.2, so this is a 7.6 loss for week 12.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
April 5th, 2012 at 8:11:33 AM permalink

Thank you, paco. Your words are always encouraging. I'm doing the best I can. I just get stressed, obviously. And as I mentioned previously, I have found myself growing further away from this forum as I like to stay away from negativity. But I still have every hope and am determined to put in every effort to still win this challenge, even if only for personal benefit.

HB, please don't allow a few jerks to deny the rest of us the pleasure of your company. Just ignore their remarks. Too often you are in the same position as when arguing with a drunk. You can not win, and if you do, the drunk will not remember it in the morning anyway. Keep you eye on the prize, that set of numbers on the scale.
Switch
Switch
  • Threads: 12
April 5th, 2012 at 8:12:50 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Although I think most of the "bets" were made as "incentive gifts" rather than true bets.

That's my position on it - I certainly wasn't looking at whether there was any value on the odds. Closer to sponsorship rather than a bet for me although the conditions dictate a wagering format.

Well done so far HB!
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
April 5th, 2012 at 8:21:12 AM permalink
In this case, the loser ( weight wise ) will be the winner. And the actual money losers will have cast their bread upon the waters and will be rewarded 10 fold. I am not very religious, but believe in that. How else to explain my being in the Shufflemaster Focus Group ?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
April 5th, 2012 at 10:15:11 AM permalink
Quote: Switch

That's my position on it - I certainly wasn't looking at whether there was any value on the odds. Closer to sponsorship rather than a bet for me although the conditions dictate a wagering format.

Well done so far HB!

That was true initially. But HB accepted some true 'sponsorships', where her friend would just pay her a certain amount if HB succeeds but NOT expect anything if HB failed. Mine falls somewhere in between, as I have pledged my winnings to charity if that is how the bet resolves.
gameterror
gameterror
  • Threads: 2
April 17th, 2012 at 6:20:39 AM permalink
So is this thread dead now until the final weight in ?

Too bad...updates where always fun to read and follow your progress...
Things have never been so swell I have never failed to fail
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
April 17th, 2012 at 6:43:17 AM permalink
Quote: gameterror

Those is this thread dead now until the final weight in ?

To bad...updates where always fun to read and follow your progress...

HB feels we were too mean to her, so is cutting back on her participation here.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
April 23rd, 2012 at 10:32:36 AM permalink
I was gonna say, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. But on reflection I will just say " Get out of the Kitchen".
Head to the nearest salad bar. LOL
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
April 23rd, 2012 at 11:34:26 AM permalink
HB has given me permission to make this post..... She weighed in this morning, albeit on a different scale as she is still in Vegas, and wishes to report a 5 pound weight gain due to her being off of her diet while in Vegas. She has re-analyzed her goal and is still more than confident that she can be at 160.8 or lower on October 17. She said if anyone is foolish enough to bet against her she is still taking action at even money. The Wiz can attest to the fact that HB was off of her diet last week. So she is at 219 today, needing a 58.2 pound weight loss by October 17. Anyone interested can either post here or PM HotBlonde.
progrocker
progrocker
  • Threads: 4
April 23rd, 2012 at 11:42:30 AM permalink
I got a new scale last week and it was showing me as around 3.4 pounds heavier than the other one...made me think about what scale would be used for this event's final weigh in and if that will cause a controversy if the weigh in is close (this may be addressed somewhere in the 74 pages of this thread). Good luck!
Solo venimos, solo nos vamos. Y aqui nos juntamos, juntos que estamos.
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
April 23rd, 2012 at 12:10:22 PM permalink
Surely someone can locate in Las Vegas an accurate, calibrated scale appropriate for an important event like this weigh in. I mean, most anything would be better than a bathroom scale. But the subject probably does need to be addressed prior to the final day.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
April 23rd, 2012 at 12:44:27 PM permalink
What I plan on doing is bringing the scale I've been weighing myself on all along at home. The 2 things that can affect the reading is the scale used, which will be the same one so that eliminates that issue, but also the surface that the scale is on. I've weighed myself all along in the exact same spot in my bathroom. I'm not sure if there will be a difference with placing it on a different floor surface but hopefully the reading will be equally reliable.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
April 23rd, 2012 at 12:46:34 PM permalink
Quote: Doc

Surely someone can locate in Las Vegas an accurate, calibrated scale appropriate for an important event like this weigh in. I mean, most anything would be better than a bathroom scale. But the subject probably does need to be addressed prior to the final day.

The subject was addressed, and the scale will be HB's, if I remember correctly. That was the scale that started the initial weight of 250.8, and her loss had to be 90 pounds from that weight. If HB remembers something different, I would hope she would post it here. In the event that that scale breaks or cannot be transported to Vegas I would ask our esteemed Wiz to be able to supply us with as accurate a scale as possible.
HB just posted right before me. See her previous post.
EdCollins
EdCollins
  • Threads: 20
April 23rd, 2012 at 12:49:01 PM permalink

So she is at 219 today, needing a 58.2 pound weight loss by October 17.

October 17th is 177 days (or 25.28 weeks) from now.
That's an average loss of 2.30 pounds per week.

I think that's do-able. I still think she can do it.
  • Jump to: