Thread Rating:

buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
May 14th, 2012 at 8:17:27 AM permalink
That is not my quote. It is from a list of quotes I posted about the many unfair and derogatory things people posted about her.
Most are not involved in tbe bet, just being jerks.
avargov
avargov
  • Threads: 16
May 14th, 2012 at 8:33:36 AM permalink
Say Buzz, you quoted my post, it wasn't derogatory in the least. I was hoping for her success. The ass whipping comment was what she had received from other posters. Don't throw me under the bus!
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~ William Gibson
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
May 14th, 2012 at 8:35:16 AM permalink
I posted some positives ones as well. Just ones that hit me as I reviewed all 86 pages.

Besides, if I were to throw you anywhere, it would be under your truck. LOL
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
May 14th, 2012 at 8:36:55 AM permalink
Quote: buzzpaff

I posted some positives ones as well. Just ones that hit me as I reviewed all 86 pages.

Besides, if I were to throw you anywhere, it would be under your truck. LOL

Probably should use quotes to show it was a quote next time, was very hard to see what you were doing there... :)
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
May 14th, 2012 at 8:45:07 AM permalink
Guess so. I just did not want to embarrass or enrage anyone. Was just reflecting on twists and turns this challenge has taken.
I considered this a motivational bet than anything else. Peer pressure or making a bet to motivate yourself is often a foundation
for losing weight. Even Hot Blondes brother bet against her. Probably hoping she would indeed prove him wrong.
I made a very late bet, just show she would know I still have faith in her.
October 17th is just the date that this bet is to be settled. More important is the rest of Hot Blonde's life. Obesity KILLS !
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
May 14th, 2012 at 9:51:20 AM permalink
So ... is the challenge still ON or OFF?
"What, me worry?"
Woldus
Woldus
  • Threads: 14
May 14th, 2012 at 10:32:01 AM permalink
Buzz, I was quoted by you and I would also not like to be lumped into the derogatory category. I started my post saying I'd like to hear from her directly instead of through an intermediary before I took a position on the postponement. This thread is in a public forum so I'm assuming that I don't have to have money in the bet to comment? Otherwise they should've all just PM'd each other rather than take up 80+ pages of posts.

As to the actual derogatory comments I'd say that there is a certain amount of responsibility assumed when you open your life up in such a public way. Especially within the anonymity of the net. Whether that's "fair" in this case I don't know. People are going to respond if your write something up and post it and they disagree - what else would you expect?
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 116
May 14th, 2012 at 10:34:35 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

She has requested a 'postponement' of the HB weight loss challenge.

Ok, let me begin and end right here. I never made such a request. I literally read the first 3 sentences of this post and I'm not even going to read the rest of it or any comments that followed that post as any comments are irrelevant.

I'm not sure if any of you know but I've been experiencing intense pain in my back for about 4 weeks or so, starting about 5 weeks ago. Due to the pain I had to go to the emergency room 6 times as the pain became unbearable. Not long after my 6th trip in the pain started going away (not entirely yet, but it's way more bearable now). This was about Monday or Tuesday of last week. In its place have come numbness and tingling and weakness in my left leg and foot. On Friday SOOPOO had asked how I was doing and I told him about my symptoms and how I'm limping and how I can't move my toes on my left foot and how I keep tripping over my left foot when I attempt to walk. He made the suggestion that I go back to the ER immediately to have them do an MRI, which was originally to be scheduled by my primary care physician soon down the road. I was hesitant as I needed to get stuff done and wanted to be productive and didn't want to spend the a whole other day in the ER if this was just something that would pass. SOOPOO said that he was making the recommendation that I go because what I was experiencing could be a potentially permanent neurological issue. Now scared, I decided to go back to the ER.

On my way to the ER I had texted SOOPOO and ASKED him (pay close attentiion here) if HE thought we should postpone my challenge as I might get some bad news about my back and the irreversible condition that I was possibly facing. He then said a bet is a bet and that if I wanted he could post on the forum and ask the advice of others. I said that was fine and that I wasn't wanting to call off the challenge but that it was ok to ask people's opinion on the matter. He then asked me, "So do you want to call off the challenge or no?" And I told him, plainly, CLEARLY, no and that if that was what he was understanding I was saying then he was misunderstanding. Since then I am getting texts and PM's saying that I need to go post on the forum and that people are suspicious of me and saying I'm not going to pay and that people have turned against me. So I log on now and don't even get more than 3 sentences in to SOOPOO's first post on the subject and see what the issue is.

My question is, SOOPOO, why would you post that I am requesting a postponement of the challenge when I never made that request and even clarified it for you that I didn't want to postpone it? I just find it hard to believe that an educated man like you would honestly get that confused over something that simple. Do you have that much of a need to keep your thread posted in the number 2 position? I mean honestly! You know I never made any such request and it seems like you're throwing me out there like that for your own selfish benefit. Shame on you.

And for that matter if any of you want to know what I think then come to me and ask me, don't listen to someone on here who is speaking in "my name". And to be getting messages that people are even more so now hating on me on here is reaffirming why I've been spending little time in the forum here any more. You can all hate all you want but get the facts straight before you sit there and go off on me. And as I've said I'm not even going to read any of the posts that were made as this whole thing has gone way out of hand.

If any of you have anything nice to say to me or would like to check on me in regards to my health you may PM me if you have nice and encouraging things to say.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
May 14th, 2012 at 10:48:23 AM permalink
Good luck with your health girl! And sorry about all the negative things. I don't think any of us could state it better than the Wizard did and I am sure you are going to continue the wager as everything I have read on here shows you as a honest person who understood the task you were up against.

And YES, you will make your goal, even if it isn't in the time frame posted.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
May 14th, 2012 at 11:22:45 AM permalink
" Buzz, I was quoted by you and I would also not like to be lumped into the derogatory category."

If you took offense, I apologize. REALLY !

I just posted some that I found interesting. Actually, I often complain that so many visit daily, yet so few post.

Please don't let me discourage you fromposting more in the future.

SORRY
Switch
Switch
  • Threads: 12
May 14th, 2012 at 11:52:28 AM permalink
If I understand this correctly, my bet is still on regardless of any health issues before October?
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
May 14th, 2012 at 12:02:15 PM permalink
It appears to be. I just bet $10 Hot Blonde . Should be a free bet after I win on Bodiemaster in the Preakness .
Watch Friday's times as Pimlico usually scrapes the track to post afast time for the Preakness. It disgusts me when they do that !
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
May 14th, 2012 at 12:22:47 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

Ok, let me begin and end right here. I never made such a request. I literally read the first 3 sentences of this post and I'm not even going to read the rest of it or any comments that followed that post as any comments are irrelevant.

I'm not sure if any of you know but I've been experiencing intense pain in my back for about 4 weeks or so, starting about 5 weeks ago. Due to the pain I had to go to the emergency room 6 times as the pain became unbearable. Not long after my 6th trip in the pain started going away (not entirely yet, but it's way more bearable now). This was about Monday or Tuesday of last week. In its place have come numbness and tingling and weakness in my left leg and foot. On Friday SOOPOO had asked how I was doing and I told him about my symptoms and how I'm limping and how I can't move my toes on my left foot and how I keep tripping over my left foot when I attempt to walk. He made the suggestion that I go back to the ER immediately to have them do an MRI, which was originally to be scheduled by my primary care physician soon down the road. I was hesitant as I needed to get stuff done and wanted to be productive and didn't want to spend the a whole other day in the ER if this was just something that would pass. SOOPOO said that he was making the recommendation that I go because what I was experiencing could be a potentially permanent neurological issue. Now scared, I decided to go back to the ER.

On my way to the ER I had texted SOOPOO and ASKED him (pay close attentiion here) if HE thought we should postpone my challenge as I might get some bad news about my back and the irreversible condition that I was possibly facing. He then said a bet is a bet and that if I wanted he could post on the forum and ask the advice of others. I said that was fine and that I wasn't wanting to call off the challenge but that it was ok to ask people's opinion on the matter. He then asked me, "So do you want to call off the challenge or no?" And I told him, plainly, CLEARLY, no and that if that was what he was understanding I was saying then he was misunderstanding. Since then I am getting texts and PM's saying that I need to go post on the forum and that people are suspicious of me and saying I'm not going to pay and that people have turned against me. So I log on now and don't even get more than 3 sentences in to SOOPOO's first post on the subject and see what the issue is.

My question is, SOOPOO, why would you post that I am requesting a postponement of the challenge when I never made that request and even clarified it for you that I didn't want to postpone it? I just find it hard to believe that an educated man like you would honestly get that confused over something that simple. Do you have that much of a need to keep your thread posted in the number 2 position? I mean honestly! You know I never made any such request and it seems like you're throwing me out there like that for your own selfish benefit. Shame on you.

And for that matter if any of you want to know what I think then come to me and ask me, don't listen to someone on here who is speaking in "my name". And to be getting messages that people are even more so now hating on me on here is reaffirming why I've been spending little time in the forum here any more. You can all hate all you want but get the facts straight before you sit there and go off on me. And as I've said I'm not even going to read any of the posts that were made as this whole thing has gone way out of hand.

If any of you have anything nice to say to me or would like to check on me in regards to my health you may PM me if you have nice and encouraging things to say.

Holy cow, Batman! HB in no uncertain terms asked me to post on the forum if she could postpone the bet. I asked her a second time, in a second conversation, if she was sure. The conversation went further than that. I specifically mentioned certain bettors that would be likely to call off the bet, and others who likely would not. Perhaps the pain medications dulled her memory. I'm glad the bet is on as originally stated. HB- I'll see you October 17, either to give you $1800 (mine and golfingbuddy) or to collect $200.
thecesspit
thecesspit
May 14th, 2012 at 12:24:43 PM permalink
Lesson of the Day : Don't post on a forum on behalf of someone else in regards to a wager.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
May 14th, 2012 at 12:27:58 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Lesson of the Day : Don't post on a forum on behalf of someone else in regards to a wager.

She asked me... i told her it would be better for her to do it....She asked me again... I did it as a favor to her.... Now I see the thanks I get....
Fortunately, there is no change in the bet... I can wait til October 17.....
weaselman
weaselman
  • Threads: 20
May 14th, 2012 at 12:50:24 PM permalink

She asked me... i told her it would be better for her to do it....She asked me again... I did it as a favor to her.... Now I see the thanks I get....

Of course. If she did it herself, there would be no way for her to change the story after she saw the reaction :)

Quote:

Fortunately, there is no change in the bet... I can wait til October 17.....

Wanna book an even money bet that she won't pay?
"When two people always agree one of them is unnecessary"
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
May 14th, 2012 at 12:54:34 PM permalink
Quote: weaselman

Of course. If she did it herself, there would be no way for her to change the story after she saw the reaction :)

Wanna book an even money bet that she won't pay?

I'll bet she does pay. (If she loses) $30 says she pays if she loses. If she wins no bet for us, ok?
weaselman
weaselman
May 14th, 2012 at 12:55:01 PM permalink

I'll bet she does pay. (If she loses) $30 says she pays if she loses. If she wins no bet for us, ok?

Sounds good.
Woldus
Woldus
  • Threads: 14
May 14th, 2012 at 12:58:03 PM permalink

" Buzz, I was quoted by you and I would also not like to be lumped into the derogatory category."

If you took offense, I apologize. REALLY !

I just posted some that I found interesting. Actually, I often complain that so many visit daily, yet so few post.

Please don't let me discourage you fromposting more in the future.

SORRY

Buzz, we're cool.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
May 14th, 2012 at 1:00:29 PM permalink

Holy cow, Batman! HB in no uncertain terms asked me to post on the forum if she could postpone the bet.

So quote it. If it was an email, post the actual
quote. If it was a PM, ask Mike if you can quote
from it. Its 'he said she said' and at this point
I don't trust either one of you.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
weaselman
weaselman
May 14th, 2012 at 1:14:04 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

And if he posts a text message (it was a text message, read HB's post), that she (allegedly) sent, then you will suddenly start trusting him? Why?
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 14th, 2012 at 1:18:49 PM permalink
Quote: weaselman

And if he posts a text message (it was a text message, read HB's post), that she (allegedly) sent, then you will suddenly start trusting him? Why?

Gotta have something, she just flat out called
him a liar. If I were her, since he's the one
who started the bet, and now she says he's outright
lying about what she says, that should be enough
for her to call a foul and cancel the bet entirely.

Unless he has proof that she said what she said.
weaselman
weaselman
May 14th, 2012 at 1:22:12 PM permalink
Or she could just say she never wanted any bets to begin with, and it was all his idea ...
I am just saying, even if he posts her original text message, it's not going to be "proof" - you would still have to take his word for it being the actual text she sent.
thecesspit
thecesspit
May 14th, 2012 at 1:33:05 PM permalink

Do you have any money riding on it? No? So who cares if you trust 'em or not?
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
May 14th, 2012 at 1:35:10 PM permalink
This is all very bizarre. Of course someone is lying. Can we get a polygraph at the weigh-in? Is there even going to be a weigh-in?
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 14th, 2012 at 1:42:08 PM permalink

Do you have any money riding on it?

Do you have money on it? If not, why do you
care to even read the thread and comment.

This was made a PUBLIC challenge. The public
can comment. If they wanted only comments
from the participants, they would have kept it
PRIVATE. Get it now?
thecesspit
thecesspit
May 14th, 2012 at 2:01:04 PM permalink

Do you have money on it? If not, why do you
care to even read the thread and comment.

(eats popcorn)

Quote:

This was made a PUBLIC challenge. The public
can comment. If they wanted only comments
from the participants, they would have kept it
PRIVATE. Get it now?

No, can you explain it even further for me, I don't quite understand what you are saying.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 14th, 2012 at 2:07:38 PM permalink

No, can you explain it even further for me, I don't quite understand what you are saying.

Obviously you didn't understand, or you wouldn't
have made such a clueless comment to me about
how did I have a right to say anything because I
had no money involved.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
May 14th, 2012 at 2:17:02 PM permalink
Lest there be any misunderstandings, since HB denies asking to postpone/cancel the challenge, then I would interpret all bets to still have action. The previous offers to back out were based on alleged misinformation, and never accepted, and thus don't stand.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
thecesspit
thecesspit
May 14th, 2012 at 2:24:01 PM permalink

Obviously you didn't understand, or you wouldn't
have made such a clueless comment to me about
how did I have a right to say anything because I
had no money involved.

Yep, definitely worth the popcorn.

Sarcasm is wasted on the internet.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
May 14th, 2012 at 2:30:32 PM permalink

So quote it. If it was an email, post the actual
quote. If it was a PM, ask Mike if you can quote
from it. Its 'he said she said' and at this point

Phone conversation. I foolishly forgot to be taping that one. Bob- how can I earn your trust back?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
May 14th, 2012 at 2:34:45 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Lest there be any misunderstandings, since HB denies asking to postpone/cancel the challenge, then I would interpret all bets to still have action. The previous offers to back out were based on alleged misinformation, and never accepted, and thus don't stand.

Bingo! For what is worth, I told HB that both me and golfingbuddy were happy to end the bet, but as the Wiz stated, since I 'misinterpretted' her, those bets stand. As does my additional bet with buzzpaff at 12- 1 for $10.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 14th, 2012 at 2:36:54 PM permalink

Bob- how can I earn your trust back?

'Back' implies you ever had it.

So somebody is lying, and blatantly lying at that.
And you wonder why I don't get involved in long
term prop bets with people I don't know.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
May 14th, 2012 at 2:56:44 PM permalink

'Back' implies you ever had it.

So somebody is lying, and blatantly lying at that.
And you wonder why I don't get involved in long
term prop bets with people I don't know.

You are right Bob- sarcasm doesn't translate well on the internet.....

Just humor me, though.... What would my motive have been to lie about her wanting to suspend the bet?
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 14th, 2012 at 3:00:23 PM permalink

What would my motive have been to lie about her wanting to suspend the bet?

To make her angry and quit, so you won't have to
pay. She said in an early post that you told her this
bet was too expensive for you, that you weren't
wealthy. She responded sarcastically 'poor little
rich boy'. Remember that exchange?
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 14th, 2012 at 3:03:57 PM permalink
You don't look poor.

buzzpaff
buzzpaff
May 14th, 2012 at 3:04:06 PM permalink
$39 x 3 = $117 $120-117 = $3 Not quite enough to cover 3 Prime Ribs at Circus steak house, with the tip and drinks.
But it's a start. Looking forward to celebrating with Hot Blonde and European Hottie after the weigh-in !
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
May 14th, 2012 at 3:41:52 PM permalink

To make her angry and quit, so you won't have to
pay.

This doesn't seem SOOPOO's style. In my own dealings with him, he's gone out of his way to help me out, offered to see me in person, offered to have a beer and talk. Many people here have met him and I assume would vouch for him. Didn't he even send HB to Vegas once already?

Nah, SOOPOO pulling shenanigans doesn't compute.

In any case, I'm glad this is still on. Just once I want to see one of these epic thread challenges come to fruition. I didn't realize how much I was looking forward to it until I thought it might be gone. Very entertaining =)
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
May 14th, 2012 at 3:44:40 PM permalink
I second Face's opinion. Assuming he's on the straight and narrow path now. You are, aren't you Face ?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
May 14th, 2012 at 4:03:32 PM permalink

You don't look poor.

Come on Bob! My entire wardrobe there cost less than $100! I charged these girls only $5 each to have their picture taken with me.

Seriously, I have never said I'm poor, or underpaid. I think that the current system values me fairly, overall. In the medical profession, those undervalued would include the doctors who do fewer procedures, like internists, pediatricians, family practitioners, etc... I am just saying Obamacare will be particularly detrimental to my specialty.

And each time you want to make a post about me feel free to publish that picture!!!!
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 14th, 2012 at 4:34:54 PM permalink

Come on Bob! My entire wardrobe there cost less than $100!
!

I meant you look like a pawn broker in Queens, not
a guy who sells rugs at Seymour's Carpet World.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
May 14th, 2012 at 4:49:39 PM permalink
When I looked at that picture I was thinking of a different kind of " rug" salesman. LOL
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
May 14th, 2012 at 4:55:32 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Thanks for the recap, Wiz. I fully expect to either pay or be paid in October.

And to HotBlonde, I hope you are able to heal from your current back/foot issues and get back on the horse! I really do hope you succeed, but I made the bet for realsies. No mulligans! Not implying that you were asking for one, of course.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
May 14th, 2012 at 5:22:05 PM permalink

I second Face's opinion. Assuming he's on the straight and narrow path now. You are, aren't you Face ?

I'm unsure of what you mean, buzz. Reckon I'm mostly the same as ever, sitting here on the sidelines with thecesspit and my popcorn, watching the story unravel before me. It's a good one, I'll say that.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 14th, 2012 at 5:39:32 PM permalink
Lets see if SooPoo can lure HB to Vegas for another
9 day marathon weight loss session. After all, she
said she lost weight last time, I think she should
visit Vegas twice a month, it seems to melt the weight
off. I would have thought it would have the opposite
effect, who woulda thunk..
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
May 14th, 2012 at 5:47:32 PM permalink

You don't look poor.

Come on Bob! My entire wardrobe there cost less than $100!

Seriously? Your socks alone cost more than a lot of my outfits. Thank you Salvation Army.
100% risk of ruin
P90
P90
  • Threads: 12
May 14th, 2012 at 5:51:25 PM permalink
Quote: Face

watching the story unravel before me. It's a good one, I'll say that.

If this is a good story, give me an example of a lousy one.
Resist ANFO Boston PRISM Stormfront IRA Freedom CIA Obama
MrV
MrV
May 14th, 2012 at 6:12:34 PM permalink
Assume that, for whatever reason, the loser chose not to pay the winner.

My question: would the winner have legal recourse against the loser to collect on the bet, or are these sort of bets legally unenforceable?

Which state's law would control?
"What, me worry?"
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
May 14th, 2012 at 6:28:32 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Assume that, for whatever reason, the loser chose not to pay the winner.

My question: would the winner have legal recourse against the loser to collect on the bet, or are these sort of bets legally unenforceable?

Which state's law would control?

Illegal in all states. Unenforceable as a contract.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
MrV
MrV
May 14th, 2012 at 6:32:16 PM permalink
That's what I figured.

So, if it is illegal, are all of the bettors technically breaking the law?

If so, might not the Wiz be considered an accessory to a crime, by facilitating and participating in the ongoing discussion?

Not that I want this thread to end, but might his rear end be flapping in the breeze on this one?
"What, me worry?"
  • Jump to: