Thread Rating:

weaselman
weaselman
  • Threads: 20
April 23rd, 2012 at 2:14:12 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

but also the surface that the scale is on.

You also need to account for the differences in the centrifugal force caused by the Earth rotation since you are not going to be at the same exact latitude, and for the tidal forces exerted by Moon (try to time your weigh in to coincide with either new moon or full moon).
"When two people always agree one of them is unnecessary"
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
April 23rd, 2012 at 2:31:01 PM permalink
You should never weight yourself on 2 different scales, the
results are are meaningless. Don't be shocked when you get
home and find you gained 12 pounds and not 5.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
April 23rd, 2012 at 3:51:52 PM permalink
Quote: EdCollins

October 17th is 177 days (or 25.28 weeks) from now.
That's an average loss of 2.30 pounds per week.

Averages mean nothing as every gambler knows. Put one hand in ice and stick the other in boiling water. On average you'll be comfortable.

We are cheering for HB, but she knows how hard she will have to exercise to make that goal.
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 23rd, 2012 at 4:16:34 PM permalink
Especially when you take so many vacations from the diet.
Every time you backslide, your body makes it just that
much harder to keep losing. We are feast or famine
creatures. If we send our bodies constant mixed signals,
it goes into famine mode and defiantly holds onto every
calorie making weight loss all the harder. I know this
personally, I've been battling the same 30-40 pounds
all my life. You have to be steady, either be on a diet
or off a diet. Switching back and forth won't work.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde 
  • Threads: 116
April 23rd, 2012 at 6:24:07 PM permalink
Quote: EdCollins

October 17th is 177 days (or 25.28 weeks) from now.
That's an average loss of 2.30 pounds per week.

I think that's do-able. I still think she can do it.

Thanks. I agree.

Quote: weaselman

You also need to account for the differences in the centrifugal force caused by the Earth rotation since you are not going to be at the same exact latitude, and for the tidal forces exerted by Moon (try to time your weigh in to coincide with either new moon or full moon).

Yikes! Hopefully it's not REALLY that complicated, lol.

Quote: pacomartin

We are cheering for HB, but she knows how hard she will have to exercise to make that goal.

Believe me, I know how much dedication I'll need to exude. I'm down for the challenge, which is why I took it in the first place.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
April 24th, 2012 at 6:27:28 PM permalink
I hate the 'convention' concept, but is anyone other than me, HB, and the Wiz planning to be in town for the October 17 weigh in and subsequent celebration? I think if there are those who plan a fall trip maybe it can coincide with that date. I'll be in town from the 17th to the 21st due to a prior commitment that lasts until the 17th. I love meeting forum members and the more the merrier!
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
April 24th, 2012 at 7:15:19 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I hate the 'convention' concept, but is anyone other than me, HB, and the Wiz planning to be in town for the October 17 weigh in and subsequent celebration? I think if there are those who plan a fall trip maybe it can coincide with that date. I'll be in town from the 17th to the 21st due to a prior commitment that lasts until the 17th. I love meeting forum members and the more the merrier!

I'll be in vegas that week, unless something totally unexpected happens. Planning on the 14th to 20th.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 30
April 27th, 2012 at 10:15:55 AM permalink
I am new to posting but have followed this site for a long while. I just want to say HB has zero chance of making the weight goal. I know I am being negative and please don't be offended, but it is what it is.

HB lost very fast at the start and that is normal for most diets. However when this girl cheats or lays off her diet she does not gain a pound but 5 pounds a week and more. You see HB there are many people who go on vacation and still manage to hold their weight or gain a pound. But not 5 pounds. Ya you can blame the scales if you want but the truth is you go nuts when given the chance and binge away.

I am sorry but you will never make your weight goal. As time goes on you will lose interest. Weight loss is a life change and it is clear you have not done that.

Again, sorry for being negative. You can be mad if you want......but I speak the truth. Vacation is no exceuse to gain 5 pounds
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
April 27th, 2012 at 10:23:24 AM permalink
Thanks for stopping by. Care to put your money where your mouth is ?
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
April 27th, 2012 at 10:24:57 AM permalink
Quote: vegas

I am new to posting but have followed this site for a long while. I just want to say HB has zero chance of making the weight goal. I know I am being negative and please don't be offended, but it is what it is.

HB lost very fast at the start and that is normal for most diets. However when this girl cheats or lays off her diet she does not gain a pound but 5 pounds a week and more. You see HB there are many people who go on vacation and still manage to hold their weight or gain a pound. But not 5 pounds. Ya you can blame the scales if you want but the truth is you go nuts when given the chance and binge away.

I am sorry but you will never make your weight goal. As time goes on you will lose interest. Weight loss is a life change and it is clear you have not done that.

Again, sorry for being negative. You can be mad if you want......but I speak the truth. Vacation is no exceuse to gain 5 pounds

Your next post isn't going to be selling some miracle weight loss plan is it?
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
vegas
vegas
April 27th, 2012 at 10:28:49 AM permalink
*L
No it isn't. I know making a first post like this is cruel I guess, but I have been reading this post from the start. I was cheering for HB from the get go and would like nothing more than for her to reach her go. But there is no way for that to happen. Slow and steady wins the race not huge swings
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
Switch
Switch
  • Threads: 12
April 27th, 2012 at 11:19:35 AM permalink
I'll be there on October 17th. G2E is on Oct 1st this year so will be staying on after that.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
April 27th, 2012 at 12:45:31 PM permalink
I have to admit that if I was handicapping this whole thing, the current fling HB is having would affect it, and the "won't" side would be looking better. I wouldn't say more than that.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
HotBlonde
HotBlonde 
April 27th, 2012 at 1:13:17 PM permalink

I don't mind you voicing your opinion, even if it's negative, but number one it's a turn off how extremely confident you seem with your opinion, and number 2 you are making huge assumptions. I did not binge eat on my trip, and in fact I lost weight. The morning of the day before I flew to Vegas I weighed myself at home as usual and it said I was 214.0. I weighed myself a week later on a completely different scale in a completely different place and it read around 219. Yesterday, Thursday morning, I weighed myself on the digital scale in my Bellagio room and it said 215.0. This morning, being back home, I weighed myself on my home scale and it read 213.8. So I did not gain 5 pounds, as you say. I lost 0.2 pounds. And if you have been following the thread as you say you have been you would have read that when I gained a substantial amount of weight last time the majority of that weight was from the steriods I had started taking then for my asthma. That's pretty bold for you to say that I was binge-eating on my trip. Unless you were a fly on the wall you have no clue. I spent time with SOOPOO, NicksGamingStuff and Wizard on my trip and I'm sure none of them would say that I ate any differently than a normal person. Your opinion is appreciated but you should think before accusing someone of something.

As buzzpaff said, if you're so confident that I have no way of winning then put your money where your mouth is. Someone with that much confidence could put up tons of money if you're so sure you have no chance of losing. I, on the other hand, am still confident I will get to my challenge weight and will continue to consider any new wagers against me.
vegas
vegas
April 27th, 2012 at 1:42:45 PM permalink
My post was abrupt HB and I probably said a few things I should not have. I read the reply from SOOPOO and he said you were off your diet in Vegas and had gained 5 pounds. That is where that came from.

I really don't want your money HB. If you do make your goal I will donate 100 dollars to you and be the first to congratulate you. However I still feel you have no chance and again that is just my opinion. Maybe 1 in 100 people could actually lose that amount of weight in a given time. The odds are stacked against you and were right from the start.

Use my post as motivation to prove me wrong.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde 
April 27th, 2012 at 1:55:17 PM permalink

My post was abrupt HB and I probably said a few things I should not have. I read the reply from SOOPOO and he said you were off your diet in Vegas and had gained 5 pounds. That is where that came from.

I really don't want your money HB. If you do make your goal I will donate 100 dollars to you and be the first to congratulate you. However I still feel you have no chance and again that is just my opinion. Maybe 1 in 100 people could actually lose that amount of weight in a given time. The odds are stacked against you and were right from the start.

Use my post as motivation to prove me wrong.

Anything that will motivate me is good! So if you mean what you say above then I accept your reward when I complete the challenge.

Handle Bet To Win
Wizard $2,000 $400
SOOPOO $1,350 $150
Switch $900 $100
AcesAndEights $550 $150
Golfbuddy $450 $50
rdw4potus $450 $50
LarsLarson $180 $20
lucyjr $180 $20
Sami B. $143 $0
ConsultantDave $100 $0
vegas $100 $0
FrGamble $90 $10
sunrise089 $90 $10
SportingGoodsMike $90 $10
Dad $45 $5
TOTALS: $6,718 $975
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
April 27th, 2012 at 4:30:07 PM permalink
I see HB has posted good news. I want to remind all involved that no one has taken me up on my offer to escrow money from them, and thus I am only guaranteeing my bet as well as my friend, 'golfbuddy', as he is not an active participant in the forum. I think he will be joining me in Vegas for the October 17 weigh in. I am happy we have another participant, "Vegas", who is offerring HB $100 for her successful completion of the challenge. I think HB and I shared 2 dinners and two lunches in Vegas, and she was there 9 days. So I can't really comment on her intake during the vacation other than those few meals. They were normal, non diet, meals.
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 27th, 2012 at 5:58:26 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

They were normal, non diet, meals.

Hold the phone! You can go to Vegas for 9 days,
eat out normally for 9 days and go home and
you haven't gained weight, like HB did? Holy Moly,
I'd be moving to Vegas! I never over eat when I'm
there, but I always gain 3-4 pounds if I'm there a
week, from all the restaurant food.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde 
April 27th, 2012 at 10:36:09 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Hold the phone! You can go to Vegas for 9 days,
I'd be moving to Vegas! I never over eat when I'm
there, but I always gain 3-4 pounds if I'm there a
week, from all the restaurant food.

Bob, it's very possible I get temporarily banned from this site for personal attack, but I must say you really are the "village idiot" of this site. Why don't you read the actual posts from this site before you comment. I didn't gain weight, you moron, I lost. But if you actually read the last several posts you would know that. If you're that involved on this tread then maybe you should put money up like everyone else.
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 27th, 2012 at 10:48:02 PM permalink

I didn't gain weight, you moron, I lost.

Where in my post did I say you gained weight? I said:

"You can go to Vegas for 9 days,
I'd be moving to Vegas!"

'And you HAVEN'T gained weight, like HB did.' How
in god's name could you read that and think I said
you gained weight? If I could go to Vegas and NOT
gain weight, like you did, I'd move to Vegas.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde 
April 27th, 2012 at 11:08:25 PM permalink

Where in my post did I say you gained weight? I said:

I'd be moving to Vegas!"

'And you HAVEN'T gained weight, like HB did.' How
in god's name could you read that and think I said
you gained weight? If I could go to Vegas and NOT
gain weight, like you did, I'd move to Vegas.

Honestly, if you didn't mean anthing bad then I apologize. You ask how I understood what I did from what you posted, it's because of this:

you haven't gained weight, like HB did?"

Look at that. That translated to you can do what you did "and you haven't gained weight like HB did." That's why I jumped in because the way you wrote it looked like you wrote that I gained weight.
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 27th, 2012 at 11:17:48 PM permalink

Look at that. That translated to you can do what you did "and
you haven't gained weight like HB did."

I was stating that you went to Vegas for
9 days and didn't gain weight. Somebody
can go to Vegas for 9 days and not gain
weight, like you did. I can't, I always gain
when I go. I guess you saw what you wanted
to see.

It doesn't matter...
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
April 28th, 2012 at 5:56:40 AM permalink

Bob, it's very possible I get temporarily banned from this site for personal attack, but I must say you really are the "village idiot" of this site. Why don't you read the actual posts from this site before you comment. I didn't gain weight, you moron, I lost. But if you actually read the last several posts you would know that. If you're that involved on this tread then maybe you should put money up like everyone else.

Bob, put up his own money? That I'd pay to see! The biggest talker with the tightest wallet! Open it up, Bob!
Join the HB challenge and bet ONE C NOTE against HB! You can start saving around $16 amonth!
You can do it!
weaselman
weaselman
  • Threads: 20
April 28th, 2012 at 6:13:17 AM permalink

I never over eat when I'm
there, but I always gain 3-4 pounds .

You must be using some really curious definition of "overeating" then.
"When two people always agree one of them is unnecessary"
avargov
avargov
  • Threads: 16
May 1st, 2012 at 1:20:52 PM permalink

...but I must say you really are the "village idiot" of this site...

This could be the very first post on this forum that I have taken offence to!!!!

I, avargov, am the undisputed "Village Idiot" of this board, and I have been for quite a while. For someone to come on here and try to give my moniker to someone else is not only offensive, but downright mean spirited.

Bob may be the old, crusty, misanthropic curmudgeon of this forum, but is most certainly NOT the village idiot!!!!

I shall now decide if I want to back in hiding or if I will stay awhile.

Good day to you all, I hope to see you soon for tea!
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~ William Gibson
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 1st, 2012 at 1:24:03 PM permalink
Quote: avargov

I, avargov, am the undisputed "Village Idiot" of this board,

You'll get no argument from me..
avargov
avargov
May 1st, 2012 at 1:25:54 PM permalink
I didn't think I would Bob...good to see you.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~ William Gibson
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
May 1st, 2012 at 1:26:18 PM permalink

Honestly, if you didn't mean anthing bad then I apologize. You ask how I understood what I did from what you posted, it's because of this:

you haven't gained weight, like HB did?"

Look at that. That translated to you can do what you did "and you haven't gained weight like HB did." That's why I jumped in because the way you wrote it looked like you wrote that I gained weight.

The wording is a bit off. Bob meant it as in "you can go to Vegas for 9 days, eat out normally for 9 days and go home and - like HB - you haven't gained weight?"

Edit: you can kind of tell by the "holy moly" part. That only makes sense if there's no weight gain (unless bob wants to gain weight...).
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
May 1st, 2012 at 1:27:27 PM permalink
Welcome back, avargov! We miss you... How about betting a c- note against HB, she is still actively accepting bets at even money!
avargov
avargov
May 1st, 2012 at 1:33:20 PM permalink
Thanks SOOPOO. First off, just because I am back on the board, doesn't mean I am back in the gambling ring. Second, I would not bet against HB, mainly because I think she will make. Whether or not she keeps it off is a different matter (although I hope she does), the ass whipping she has taken in this thread should be more than enough motivation to get there by the prescribed date.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 1st, 2012 at 1:39:29 PM permalink

the ass whipping she has taken

When was that? Are there pictures?
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
May 1st, 2012 at 2:14:12 PM permalink

I, avargov, am the undisputed "Village Idiot" of this board,

I used to live in a town that was so small that my brother and I had to job-share that position.
iamthepush
iamthepush
  • Threads: 6
May 1st, 2012 at 2:34:25 PM permalink
HB, good luck.

Here is a FB page of someone I know who decided she wanted to change her life.

http://www.facebook.com/fitnessmodelkelseybyers
HotBlonde
HotBlonde 
May 4th, 2012 at 3:42:47 PM permalink
Quote: iamthepush

HB, good luck.

Here is a FB page of someone I know who decided she wanted to change her life.

http://www.facebook.com/fitnessmodelkelseybyers

Wow! Alhtough she has only had a 40 pound weight loss difference between her before and after pics it is still impressive as you can see that the change in this woman is way more than just weight loss. Very inspiring. This is proof how powerful the mind is. You really can have anything you want in life. If you don't it's only because you're believing you can't and it's nature's way to follow what you tell it.

I sturggle with this mentality. I really do believe that you are the only person that can get in your way. Your mind can be your friend and enemy all in one. I find myself too often wanting to give up. It's too easy. It reminds me of a guy I had dated who was training to be a Navy Seal. When going through hell week you can give up and quit any time by simply going up and ringing the bell that's carried around. I'm constantly wanting to "ring that bell". And I'm not talking about in regards to weight loss here, I've never looked at my weight loss journey as being any sort of stuggle. I'm just talking about my life in general. I find I get too flustered with life. I want to quit this cycle because it could potentially be the death of me.

Even though I still have a ways to go on my weight loss journey I do have to say that along the way I discovered a true and sincere attitude that I really can, do, be and have everything I want in life. I always "believed" that in the back of my mind but it seemed to be so real in actually experiencing it as authentic. What an amazingly powerful feeling! Something no one can take away from you!
WongBo
WongBo
  • Threads: 62
May 5th, 2012 at 2:11:27 AM permalink
i am glad you find her inspirational but she has rather fake looking breast implants and the photos have been retouched.
best wishes for success with your weight loss and improvement in health and self esteem.
i know you may consider me one of your attackers, but i really do hope you succeed and even if you do not met your challenge,
i think it is great that you are improving yourself and striving for a healthier way of living.
do not "ring the bell"!
In a bet, there is a fool and a thief. - Proverb.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
May 5th, 2012 at 3:35:54 AM permalink
Quote: WongBo

i am glad you find her inspirational but she has rather fake looking breast implants and the photos have been retouched.

I clicked on the link, she has many photos that show how ripped she is! As far as the implants, they look good to me, not ridiculously overdone. I would agree with HB that Kelsey is an outstanding success.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
May 11th, 2012 at 3:07:27 PM permalink

I plan on reporting every penny.

I'm still accepting more bets, so bring them all in, and double up if you haven't already.

There are planty of reasons to bet against me. The plan I have set out could actually not work as planned, i.e. I don't actually lose as much weight as I've calculated out on paper. I could just simply lose motivation... 9 months is a long time! I have chronic back pain and have seen a doctor 4 times over a 5 week period last month and my back pain kept me pretty immobile. If my chronic back pain flares up again it could mean having to ditch my workouts and making it impossible to go grocery shopping... did someone say pizza delivery? Even without the back pain I could be tempted to eat all the delicious yummy foods I liked to enjoy before. People could give me gifts of food or drink and I could be tempted to give in. I could injure myself doing all the high-intensity cardio I've been doing. I ride my bike to and from the gym each day and I could be hit by a car (god forbid). There could be a family emergency where I would have to leave my regular daily schedule. Etc., etc. ...

I still want to hit my goal in $9000 in bets against me. Hey, for those of you who REALLY don't want to bet I encourage you to ask friends of yours who might not be on the forum if they'd like to bet as well. Of course they'd have to be a friend who really will pay up if and when they lose!

HB has texted me that her back pain has changed to numbness and a weak foot. This could be a serious condition. She has requested a 'postponement' of the HB weight loss challenge. I told her that my interpretation of the challenge was that it was simple. She would be weighed in on October 17, 2012, and if she weighed more than 160.2 pounds she loses the challenge. If she weighed 160.2 pounds or less, and states she had no weight loss surgery and used no diuretics, she wins the challenge. There were no stipulations for delaying or cancelling the challenge, as since it was a timed challenge there were untold unforseen events that could make it harder for her to succeed. That is what makes it so difficult, that I offerred 9 - 1 odds. Anyway, sometimes my interpretations are disagreed with, so I am making this 'postponement' request at her request. I have told her, on a personal note, that I would be willing to forgo my portion of the challenge, as it was never my goal to win money from her. My 'golf buddy' friend has also told me that he really does not want to take her money, and he too would be willing to cancel the bet. Others on the forum may have made the bet with the usual motive a bet is made, to win the bet! If I were one of them I would expect to be paid on October 17, but I can only speak for myself. I was getting worried that the 'Casino Chip of The Day' thread was going to overtake this one, but I am less worried right now.....
Most importantly I wish Hb well in getting better.....
avargov
avargov
May 11th, 2012 at 3:15:07 PM permalink
I have no dog in the hunt, however, I feel that it is a timed bet, and what happens on that day should hold. I never got a refund on any football bets when the quarterback was injured during the game. I suppose it is a matter of honor. But again, I have nothing riding on this.

Hotblonde, get better soon, that is what really matters here.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
  • Threads: 1491
May 11th, 2012 at 3:21:42 PM permalink
First, and most importantly, I hope this back condition isn't too serious and HB gets back on the journey to hotness soon.

Second, I'm a firm believer that a bet is a bet, unless both parties agree to dissolve it. The only reason I laid the steep 9 to 1 odds was that there was a firm "all bets have action" clause. If there were some exception for health reasons I would have never made the bet. I know I did offer to let her out of it after her car accident, but that was early on. At this point, from what I understand, she has fallen too far behind to catch up even in good health.

Third, speaking for myself only, I do not accept a postponement or cancellation of the bet. However, what I will offer is that if HB ever reaches a weight of 160 or less, without the use of invasive measures, I will return my winnings.

Finally, I know that HB is having financial difficulty, and I volunteer to be last in line to be paid of all her creditors. I will also not nag her for the money as long as I feel that she honestly does not have the ability to pay.

Maybe my line seems harsh, but I strongly believe that a bet is a bet. That is my position. What everyone else does who has action is up to them.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
avargov
avargov
May 11th, 2012 at 3:30:43 PM permalink
Better said than my post Wiz. But I agree completely.
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
May 11th, 2012 at 3:40:34 PM permalink
I, too, have no involvement in this challenge, other than having started the Casino Chip of the Day hread. ;-) My thoughts: (1) Well-being should trump the challenge. (2) Delaying this kind of wager's resolution just looks bad.

My suggestion is that since there is almost 5 months to go, this isn't a last minut mulligan. I think HB should decide how bad her situation is and , if warranted, offer/request to cancel the wager with each taker. That would look less like "I need more time to take your money." If she were to propose that, I think everyone should accept. When health issues are resolved, perhaps there could be a new challenge.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
May 11th, 2012 at 3:45:59 PM permalink
She's been pretty prophetic on the possible hardships that she used to bolster her wagers. I'm surprised it was her idea to postpone. From 1/17/12...

I'm still accepting more bets, so bring them all in, and double up if you haven't already.

There are planty of reasons to bet against me. The plan I have set out could actually not work as planned, i.e. I don't actually lose as much weight as I've calculated out on paper. I could just simply lose motivation... 9 months is a long time! I have chronic back pain and have seen a doctor 4 times over a 5 week period last month and my back pain kept me pretty immobile. If my chronic back pain flares up again it could mean having to ditch my workouts and making it impossible to go grocery shopping... did someone say pizza delivery? Even without the back pain I could be tempted to eat all the delicious yummy foods I liked to enjoy before. People could give me gifts of food or drink and I could be tempted to give in. I could injure myself doing all the high-intensity cardio I've been doing. I ride my bike to and from the gym each day and I could be hit by a car (god forbid). There could be a family emergency where I would have to leave my regular daily schedule. Etc., etc. ...

Seems just about every possible SNAFU was known about and had been considered already, but I'm not financially interested in this deal. If I was, I'd feel the same, but I wouldn't tear the place down about it. I await the interesting turns this will take.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
May 11th, 2012 at 3:48:05 PM permalink
An agreement usually between two parties that the one who has made an incorrect prediction about an uncertain outcome will forfeit something stipulated to the other; a wager.

Just a bet, nothing more , nothing less.

But health, that is a different thing. My dad drove a cab until he got cataracts on his eyes. Many time at Pimlico racetrack, he would run into another cabby he had not seen for 10 or 15 years. He would ask how it was going and hear a litany of, the wife left me, my son-in-law beats up my daughter, the transmission went out on my car, etc,
My dad would say, "Hey, you got your health, don't you? That's great. "
Funny how the older you get , the smarter your Dad gets !

Get healthy, HOT BLONDE.
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
  • Threads: 8
May 11th, 2012 at 4:09:09 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard's Ten Commandments of Gambling

2. Thou Shalt Honor Thy Gambling Debts

5. Thou Shalt Not Overbet Thy Bankroll

I heart Crystal Math.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
May 11th, 2012 at 5:02:11 PM permalink
I would agree that the bet was for a certain weight at a certain date with no speculation as to how sensible her diet and exercise regimen was or how likely it was to work given the variances involved in biochemistry. It doesn't matter if her will power failed her or her back failed her. The bet was weight at a time certain. Risk of unforeseen events is part of the decision making process. Those who anticipated cold rainy weather in the Valley for a prolonged period of time can not call the bet off just because the sunny weather induced her to travel to the gym even more often than she might otherwise have done. The bet was offered and accepted and some circumstances that may have been unforeseen will not be an excuse. Now if the LA County Health Commissioner closed all gyms for sixty days, I would allow a Force Majeur claim but absent a totally unforeseen intervening force her obligation is to pay up promptly after the weighin.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 11th, 2012 at 5:04:57 PM permalink
So having a bad back makes you eat more? I don't
think so. As far as exercise goes, Rush Limbaugh
lost 120 pounds and didn't spend one minute
exercising to do it. It plays a very small roll
in weight loss. If you burn 2000 calories a day
and eat 1200, you will lose weight, no way
around it. Back problem or no back problem.

The biggest problem is, we're dealing with a woman
here. They are notorious for having no will power
and not sticking to diets. My wife has been on diet
for 15 years and the longest she actually sticks to
it is 6 weeks.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
  • Threads: 1491
May 11th, 2012 at 5:23:33 PM permalink

The biggest problem is, we're dealing with a woman here. They are notorious for having no will power and not sticking to diets.

No wonder there are so few women on this forum.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
rainman
rainman
May 11th, 2012 at 7:00:24 PM permalink
Ummmmm, Bob I could not help but notice the abundance of obese men in this world. ( Lack of will power?)
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 11th, 2012 at 7:41:22 PM permalink
Quote: rainman

Ummmmm, Bob I could not help but notice the abundance of obese men in this world. ( Lack of will power?)

How many fat guys do you know that are on diets? I don't
know any.
rainman
rainman
May 11th, 2012 at 7:59:35 PM permalink

How many fat guys do you know that are on diets? I don't
know any.

Well I have heard many a fat man talk about going on a diet, but alas not many seem to have the will power to pull it off.
  • Jump to: