Thread Rating:

HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 116
March 27th, 2012 at 4:17:28 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

This might cause tremblings amongst those who bet against you.... In the unlikely event you do not succeed in the challenge will you pay us or the hospital? You are up to nearly a grand at risk, correct?

Scott, why would you even mention that? Why are you questioning whether I will pay if I lose the bet? You're just causing trouble again.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 27th, 2012 at 4:38:36 PM permalink
One has nothing to do with the other. You're trying to stir up trouble. I made a bet and Im going to honor it as should everyone else who made a bet. If I lose I'll pay, there's no question about that. That's rude of you to say that.
DorothyGale
DorothyGale
  • Threads: 40
March 27th, 2012 at 4:48:59 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

They probably hate me cuz the bills are piling up with them but I can't pay. :(

Lucky for you, I pay for my health insurance and the costs of treating you are built in to my premiums ... glad to help out ...

--Ms D.
"Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness!"
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
March 27th, 2012 at 6:03:16 PM permalink

One has nothing to do with the other. You're trying to stir up trouble. I made a bet and Im going to honor it as should everyone else who made a bet. If I lose I'll pay, there's no question about that. That's rude of you to say that.

I may be a rabble rouser, but it was not rude. You are making large bets with people on the internet, some of whom have never even met you. YOU stated that you cannot even pay your bills, not me. I am just saying that for those betting against you, that might be of some concern. As I've told you many times, I trust you to pay if you lose. But mentioning financial difficulties does open you up for at least some thoughtful scrutiny.
In my son's challenge, which was basically a bunch of $5 bets, I believe someone questioned whether I would pay. The money you are involved in is far greater.
Hopefully the issue will not come up when you succeed....
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 27th, 2012 at 6:50:19 PM permalink

I may be a rabble rouser, but it was not rude. You are making large bets with people on the internet, some of whom have never even met you. YOU stated that you cannot even pay your bills, not me. I am just saying that for those betting against you, that might be of some concern. As I've told you many times, I trust you to pay if you lose. But mentioning financial difficulties does open you up for at least some thoughtful scrutiny.
In my son's challenge, which was basically a bunch of $5 bets, I believe someone questioned whether I would pay. The money you are involved in is far greater.
Hopefully the issue will not come up when you succeed....

I understand what you're saying. But for you to bring it up IS trying to stir up trouble cuz no one said they were concerned unless that was your indirect way of saying you personally are concerned that I won't pay. As I stated before, this challenge is my number one priority from now aaaaaaaalllllllll the way until October 17th. That means this challenge comes first before anything, even if that means that I'll end up living on the streets. And I'm not joking about that. And I would not have taken several days off last week had I known what the consequence on the scale was going to be. This challenge is the most important thing in my life right now. I've never indicated that I wouldn't pay if I lost the bet. If you're questioning whether I'll pay then you're wasting your time cuz you're going to be sitting around for another 6 and half months wondering whether I'll pay and it's nothing you need to lose sleep over. Me paying if I lose is not an issue and you shouldn't make it an issue. My relationship with my hospital bills and everything else in my life is a separate thing. Dr. Phil has said that it's a shame to go through your whole life worrying that something bad is going to happen and then nothing happens. I made a bet and I'm honoring it. Period. I believe in living honorably and being honest and nobody has anything to worry about.

I'm sorry, I'm crabby today. I still haven't gone to the gym yet this week cuz I'm working like crazy trying to catch up on bills and my obligations. I've been feeling cloudy-headed and irritable and I'm hoping it's cuz my body is reversing the "damage" I did to it last week and losing all this extra water weight. It just didn't feel right someone questioning my word when it didn't need to be questioned in the first place.
DorothyGale
DorothyGale
March 27th, 2012 at 6:54:45 PM permalink

That means this challenge comes first before anything, even if that means that I'll end up living on the streets ... Me paying if I lose is not an issue and you shouldn't make it an issue.

It's an issue to me and I'm not part of this bet ... I would much rather you pay your medical bills and other debts that are burdens on tax payers before anything having to do with this bet ... for you to put this bet before your obligations as a citizen is sick ...

--Ms. D.
"Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness!"
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 27th, 2012 at 6:58:18 PM permalink
Quote: DorothyGale

It's an issue to me and I'm not part of this bet ... I would much rather you pay your medical bills and other debts that are burdens on tax payers before anything having to do with this bet ... for you to put this bet before your obligations as a citizen is sick ...

--Ms. D.

I'm not planning on ditching my hospital bills. If they make me pay then I will have to pay them, it's just going to take a looooong time to pay them off. When I made my comment yesterday about not paying I am talking about not having the money to pay them now. Most hospitals require you to pay the whole thing up front or as soon as possible.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 27th, 2012 at 8:59:06 PM permalink
The Wizard has decided to bet another $200 against me at even money to win $200.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1491
March 27th, 2012 at 9:07:47 PM permalink

Most hospitals require you to pay the whole thing up front or as soon as possible.

The University Medical Center in Las Vegas does neither. Most patients never pay their bill, leaving the burden to the taxpayers. I believe most public hospitals are like that, including the USC Medical Center.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 27th, 2012 at 9:10:51 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

The University Medical Center in Las Vegas does neither. Most patients never pay their bill, leaving the burden to the taxpayers. I believe most public hospitals are like that, including the USC Medical Center.

Wow, that sucks. If I am required to pay the bill I will. I applied for charity which means I have to show them copies of my bank statements and tell them how much I make, spend, etc. and they determine how much, if anything at all, I will have to pay. When I was hospitalized a few years back they told me I didn't have to pay anything. But other times I went to the ER they set me up on a payment plan.
DorothyGale
DorothyGale
March 28th, 2012 at 6:56:12 AM permalink

If I am required to pay the bill I will. I applied for charity which means I have to show them copies of my bank statements and tell them how much I make, spend, etc. When I was hospitalized a few years back they told me I didn't have to pay anything.

In other words, you would rather spend your winnings on plastic surgery than pay your legitimate debts to tax payers and those who pay insurance premiums ... who will come to your defense?

--Ms. D.
weaselman
weaselman
  • Threads: 20
March 28th, 2012 at 7:27:33 AM permalink

I'm not planning on ditching my hospital bills. If they make me pay then I will have to pay them

I am sorry, but this is exactly what's called "ditching them" in my book. Normally, you'd pay your obligations (bills or lost bets ... whatever) without those you owe to having to make you pay.

If you have enough money to cover the bets against you in the event that you lose this bet, that money should have been paid towards your debt to the hospital.
Don't you see how claiming to them you don't have any money to pay them while making these large bets on the side is lying, and practically akin to stealing money from them? Don't you now realise that it is fairly reasonable for people who bet against you to be worried after having learned that they have been betting about a person, admittedly dishonest in financial matters?
"When two people always agree one of them is unnecessary"
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
March 28th, 2012 at 8:18:41 AM permalink

I applied for charity...

I have to add my voice to those who find the confession of financial difficulties troubling. Not that I'm questioning your desire to pay, but there must also be ability to pay. I think that ethical gambling includes not betting money you don't have.

In light of recent events, I'm going to have to ask SOOPOO for a clarification on his position as a guarantor in this post to thecesspit.

If you are using the 'I am not sure I'll be paid if I win' reason for not betting, I will act as a guarantor for your $100 if HB doesn't pay. If you want, I will send you the $100 today. You can keep it if she fails, and SHE will be trusting YOU to send her the $1000($900 plus the $100).... You let me know.....

Did that apply to thecesspit only, or to all the original bets? I do not envy your position in this matter.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
March 28th, 2012 at 8:54:57 AM permalink
I'm going to skip the billing and interim weigh-in crap.... let me know when the final naked weigh-in takes place and how much money HB and EH won or lost.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
March 28th, 2012 at 9:15:52 AM permalink
AZ, I'm not going to respond... we've had this thread before.

<middle paragraph - belongs in another thread > <just deleted>

Alot of people feel I think that if they can get out of paying a bill, they should. For example, if a cell user inadvertently goes way over their limit and get a big bill they were not expecting, they'll try and talk it down. If you miss a mortgage payment inadvertently, people will try to get out of the penalty. I personally feel that it's okay to push a vendor as far as they can go to reduce charges -- it's called haggling but it's up front with the vendor. It's much different however when you misrepresent yourself as someone who has the ability to pay but then doesn't.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 28th, 2012 at 9:50:42 AM permalink
Quote: DorothyGale

In other words, you would rather spend your winnings on plastic surgery than pay your legitimate debts to tax payers and those who pay insurance premiums ... who will come to your defense?

--Ms. D.

Again, why are you guys saying it's EITHER OR? If I have a hospital debt I will pay. It's not EITHER PAY THE WINNERS OF THIS CHALLENGE OR PAY THE HOSPITAL and it's not EITHER PAY THE WINNERS OF THIS CHALLENGE OR GET PLASTIC SURGERY. You guys are being very narrow-minded. Did you know that I have absolutely no credit card debt? I have a personal loan from an ex-boyfriend and student loans and that's it. I have no car debt or mortgage and my credit is good. I pay my rent on time every single month.

As I stated earlier, if I qualify for charity, notice, QUALIFY, then there is no obligation in that matter.

When we were closing down these bets originally SOOPOO asked me if I wanted to open up an escrow. I said that I trusted that everyone who has made an official bet to pay me if and when I win. If you guys want me to put my $975 in an escrow then that's fine but it's going to create a whole mess to now try to get every single other person to put their money in escrow now when it was agreed that we were not going to go down that road.
Triplell
Triplell
  • Threads: 9
March 28th, 2012 at 10:02:13 AM permalink
By putting this in public forum, you are leaving yourself open to scrutiny. It likely a better option you take a less agressive stance at defending yourself. Simply stating: "I will be capable at paying both debts if need be", gets the point across to Dorothy. She might still try and push your buttons, but you need to be able to handles these things, and reply appropriately.

Just my advice :)

PS: I think it is foolish you didn't require all bets use an Escrow. I'm betting that the wizard (although not technically an Escrow, as he is part of the action), would have been a good candidate for holding the cash. Hell, he could have put the money into a 6 month CD, and guarunteed everyone 1% return on their bet.
slyther
slyther
  • Threads: 13
March 28th, 2012 at 10:14:11 AM permalink
Quote: Triplell

Hell, he could have put the money into a 6 month CD, and guarunteed everyone 1% return on their bet.

You can get 1% for 6 months? Where are you banking!?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
March 28th, 2012 at 10:16:44 AM permalink

If you guys want me to put my $975 in an escrow then that's fine but it's going to create a whole mess to now try to get every single other person to put their money in escrow now when it was agreed that we were not going to go down that road.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I would like to at least escrow our bets against each other with SOOPOO. Do you agree?
Triplell
Triplell
March 28th, 2012 at 11:07:00 AM permalink
Quote: slyther

You can get 1% for 6 months? Where are you banking!?

Oops...1% for 1 year. 0.75% for 6 months. Sorry.
weaselman
weaselman
March 28th, 2012 at 11:52:15 AM permalink

Again, why are you guys saying it's EITHER OR? If I have a hospital debt I will pay. It's not EITHER PAY THE WINNERS OF THIS CHALLENGE OR PAY THE HOSPITAL and it's not EITHER PAY THE WINNERS OF THIS CHALLENGE OR GET PLASTIC SURGERY.

Didn't you say that you did not have money to pay the hospital, but intend to pay the winners if you lose the bet, and to have plastic surgery if you win?

Quote:

Did you know that I have absolutely no credit card debt?

Who cares?

Quote:

As I stated earlier, if I qualify for charity, notice, QUALIFY, then there is no obligation in that matter.

To qualify for charity you'd have to claim that you do not have finances to pay, which is exactly the issue - if you do have money to back your bet, you are lying to the charity, if you don't, you are lying to the people who bet against you (and if you win the bet, then you'll be lying to the charity anyway).
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
March 28th, 2012 at 12:36:27 PM permalink
Quote: weaselman

To qualify for charity you'd have to claim that you do not have finances to pay, which is exactly the issue - if you do have money to back your bet, you are lying to the charity, if you don't, you are lying to the people who bet against you (and if you win the bet, then you'll be lying to the charity anyway).

Not necessarily. She may have enough money in savings to cover her side of this bet (which is less than $1000 I believe), but have a low enough income that her income combined with account balances means she still qualifies for charity. I feel like this is getting rather personal and I feel awkward talking about it, but I don't believe the two conditions are mutually exclusive (qualifying for some kind of charity from the hospital and having enough capital to back this bet).
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
March 28th, 2012 at 12:40:35 PM permalink

I can't speak for everyone else, but I would like to at least escrow our bets against each other with SOOPOO. Do you agree?

Personally I don't really care. Since we're all risking more than we stand to gain, I'd rather not send my $550 over to SOOPOO just to ensure that I get my $150 if I win the bet. I was going to say something about interest here, but interest rates what they are right now (even with my online savings bank), that's only a matter of a couple dollars. But still, not worth the hassle for me personally. I understand the desire though.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
weaselman
weaselman
March 28th, 2012 at 12:45:04 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

I feel like this is getting rather personal and I feel awkward talking about it, but I don't believe the two conditions are mutually exclusive (qualifying for some kind of charity from the hospital and having enough capital to back this bet).

You may not have enough money to pay the whole bill. But if you do have disposable capital, you should use it before applying for the charity, instead of using it for gambling while someone else has to pay for debts you have incurred earlier, don't you think?
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
March 28th, 2012 at 1:38:07 PM permalink
I'm not understanding any of this, HB. You say you're
so broke that you've applied for charity. Yet you go
out with friends 4 nights last week and party like Paris
Hilton. Friends will buy friends a drink or two, but they
won't sponsor them for 4 nights. Bar drinks and restaurant
food are expensive, you can easily blow a $50 bill in an
hour. You even took a cab home one night. How do you
do this with no money? Something doesn't add up here.

I have daughters your age. If they came to me claiming
poverty, and I saw or heard about them out partying 4
nights out of 7, I'd be scratching my head and wondering
what the heck was going on.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 28th, 2012 at 2:00:13 PM permalink

I'm totally fine with that.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
March 28th, 2012 at 2:05:02 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Well, there is an issue with the order of events, isn't there? In this case, HB first went out on the town and then went to the hospital. What would your reaction be if your daughter came to you and said "dad, I thought I had enough money and went out last week, but then my car broke down yesterday and now I need to fix it. Can I borrow $$$?"
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 28th, 2012 at 2:51:11 PM permalink
I WILL ACT AS an escrow for those who want me to. Anyone who wants that can send the Wiz a check and I will give him HBs possible loss. I will see the Wiz mid April, and that will be the end of my offer. The offer does not include any of the post initial challenge even money bets.
When someone goes to a hospital, doctor, or clinic, it is implied that they will payn their bill. The concept of first accepting the care, then applying for charity seems backwards to me. But it is ALL too common. People just think that doctors should wo0rk for free. I am hoping to go into Burger King later, get a whopper, go home and contemplate when and if I will be paying for said whopper. Anyway, I trust HB to pay, if needed, so I am happy to act as her guarantor, so long as those who are betting against her will put up their possible losses in escrow. If Wiz permits, Id prefer he hold all the money.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
March 28th, 2012 at 3:43:18 PM permalink
I'm willing to hold the money. How shall we handle the escrow of my own bet? Since I also have a bet we can discuss privately how to escrow that.

I am hoping to go into Burger King later, get a whopper, go home and contemplate when and if I will be paying for said whopper.

Trivia time! Who said "I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today." Please black out your answer if you wish to post it, to not ruin the fun of others.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 28th, 2012 at 3:46:58 PM permalink

Trivia time! Who said "I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today." Please black out your answer if you wish to post it, to not ruin the fun of others.

I know the answer but I don't know how to black it out. :(
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
March 28th, 2012 at 3:47:27 PM permalink

Wimpy, a friend of Popeye.
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
March 28th, 2012 at 3:49:27 PM permalink

I know the answer but I don't know how to black it out. :(

Formatting codes. Try to do a quote reply to my previous post and look to see how I formatted my answer.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 28th, 2012 at 3:53:28 PM permalink

Well, not that it's any of your business Bob, but EH's boyfriend makes hundreds of thousands a year and works very little hours. They go out a lot and enjoy the company of others, and as any gentleman in his position would do, he is gracious and does not expect EH's girl friends to have to pay. I chip in here and there out of courtesy. But again that's not any of your business.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 28th, 2012 at 3:54:46 PM permalink
Quote: Doc

Formatting codes. Try to do a quote reply to my previous post and look to see how I formatted my answer.

I figured it was in the formatting codes section I just didn't want to scroll down the list and search for it. But I guessed the same as you, I remember it clearly from my childhood.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
March 28th, 2012 at 4:01:25 PM permalink

How do I black out an asnwer?

I'll leave some spoiler space isntead

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

I'm not sure what his name is in English, but I think it's Mr. Wimpy. In Spanish he's called "Pilón." In any case it's the portly gentleman with the moustache in the Popeye cartoons.

Never mind...
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Nareed
Nareed
March 28th, 2012 at 4:07:05 PM permalink
BTW, all this reminds me of a joke:

John owed Paul $100 but found himself a little short. So he asked Peter for a loan of $100, to be paid next Thursday. When Thursday rolls around, he's still a bit short, so he asks Paul for a $100 loan to be paid next Tuesday. Naturally when Tuesday approaches, John is again short, so he asks Paul again for a loan on the same terms. And again when Thursday is drawing near... Well, you egt the idea.

So one Wednesday John gets Peter and Paul together and tells them: "Look, Paul, you pay peter $100 every Thursday. Peter, you pay Paul $100 every Tuesday. And you both leave me the hell alone!"
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 28th, 2012 at 4:21:16 PM permalink

Well, not that it's any of your business Bob, .

Sorry, you don't get to post all the details about
what you do on a forum, then say its none of their
business if one of them makes comments. So what
your saying is, a rich boyfriend of a friend gladly
paid for all your drinks and food and cab ride. Not on
one day, but 4 days. And even though you're on a
strict diet and exercise regimen, you tag along to
eat and drink as much of the free goodies as you
can and end up gaining 14 pounds. For no other
reason than everything was free. And to you, this is
normal behavior for someone who's in their mid
30's. I'm asking because it seems like very abnormal
behavior, unless you're 19 and living in a college dorm.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 28th, 2012 at 4:36:11 PM permalink

I'm not even going to go there Bob. I don't share my life with you guys on here so you can criticise me and point fingers. and tell me how I should live my life. I share to be friendly with you guys, not to be attacked.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 28th, 2012 at 6:12:33 PM permalink

I don't share my life with you guys on here so you can criticise me

UhHuh, thats fine. We often have expectations that
are unrealistic, like you can say anything you like and
nobody will comment. Never gonna happen.

Something about this whole situation doesn't smell
right. I can't put my finger on it but something is
rotten in Denmark, as they used to say.
seviay
seviay
  • Threads: 16
March 28th, 2012 at 10:59:35 PM permalink

Perhaps I'm late to the party here, but most people don't just get fat by accident. It happens for a specific reason -- or 20 specific reasons. Without a wake-up call or some serious life changes, all of their claims of losing lots of weight are just lip service. I've been through this with countless friends and acquaintances, all of whom I hoped would lose weight but knew more than likely they would not. I even turned down an even-money bet of $1,000 that my good friend wouldn't lose 45 pounds in the 8 months before his wedding. Sorry, but I've read that book and I know how it ends. The proof is in the (jiggly bowl of) pudding.
All of this is to say that most people who end up rather overweight are full of excuses and deflection/denial. If you truly want to lose weight, take ownership of your actions, take control of your life, and actually make some changes. If the issues go deeper than that (death in the family, abused as a child, nasty divorce, etc), address those issues first, or they'll keep popping back up. I'm not putting anyone down specifically, and I love stories of triumph, especially as they relate to losing weight and getting healthier. Strap it in, strap it on, and do work. If you truly want to achieve it, you will.
Good luck
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
March 28th, 2012 at 11:52:51 PM permalink
Quote: seviay

Without a wake-up call or some serious life changes, all of their claims of losing lots of weight are just lip service.

While not exactly obese, I used to be 20 pounds heavier than I am now. About 2005 I did a weight loss bet with two friends to see who could lose the most. I went from about 195 to 155 -- and still came in second. While I quickly put back some of it, I've stayed between 170 and 175 ever since pretty much ever since. There is no life-changing story behind it. I just like how I look and feel at a lighter weight. It is worth working out daily and eating better for. Plus, I want to be around for the August 12, 2045 total eclipse, which will cut through the United States.
Triplell
Triplell
March 29th, 2012 at 5:33:06 AM permalink

While not exactly obese, I used to be 20 pounds heavier than I am now. About 2005 I did a weight loss bet with two friends to see who could lose the most. I went from about 195 to 155 -- and still came in second. While I quickly put back some of it, I've stayed between 170 and 175 ever since pretty much ever since. There is no life-changing story behind it. I just like how I look and feel at a lighter weight. It is worth working out daily and eating better for. Plus, I want to be around for the August 12, 2045 total eclipse, which will cut through the United States.

As a man, I feel largely underweight at $180-190. With that said, I am 6'2''....

I do think it is kind of disrespectful to say "people get fat for so and so reason"..

Without naming names, I have relatives who are relatively (pun) over-weight. They live healthy life-styles to a degree and definitely do not over indulge. There are many other reasons people become over-weight besides poor life choices...
thlf
thlf
  • Threads: 16
March 29th, 2012 at 6:40:04 AM permalink
I bet if I quit drinking beer for 2 months I would lose at least 30 pounds. Anyone want to give me 10 to 1 on that?
weaselman
weaselman
March 29th, 2012 at 8:53:16 AM permalink
Quote: thlf

I bet if I quit drinking beer for 2 months I would lose at least 30 pounds. Anyone want to give me 10 to 1 on that?

30 pounds is about 100K calories. To lose that in 60 days, you'd have to have a deficit of about 1700 calories per day. Unless you are drinking at least 15 bottles of beer per day every day, your chances are pretty slim.
Nareed
Nareed
March 29th, 2012 at 9:00:14 AM permalink
Gaining weight is easy. Worse than that, it's pleasurable.

You can get used to eating healthier, and to eat the more fattening foods only on ocassion and in small amounts. You can get used to regular exercise, too. But unless you like that kind of food and you like to exercise, it's all too easy to backslide and fall back into bad habits.
progrocker
progrocker
  • Threads: 4
March 29th, 2012 at 9:50:11 AM permalink
Quote: weaselman

30 pounds is about 100K calories. To lose that in 60 days, you'd have to have a deficit of about 1700 calories per day. Unless you are drinking at least 15 bottles of beer per day every day, your chances are pretty slim.

It seems you're basing your 15 bottles of beer on crappy American lagers, you could easily push 2000 cals or more in a six pack of good craft brew.
Solo venimos, solo nos vamos. Y aqui nos juntamos, juntos que estamos.
weaselman
weaselman
March 29th, 2012 at 10:31:47 AM permalink
Quote: progrocker

, you could easily push 2000 cals or more in a six pack of good craft brew.

Like what?
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
March 29th, 2012 at 10:35:26 AM permalink
The calories from alcohol are kinda unclear. While alcohol contains about 7 calories/gram, it's not clear that the body actually processes all the calories in a drink.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 30th, 2012 at 3:22:46 PM permalink
I'm back in Buenos Aires with better internet service, and just read the last few days of posts..... so I'm in the mood for a summary....
This started out with me being intrigued by the personna we know as "Hot Blonde". I read many of her posts, and had my interest piqued by a woman, so open about herself, posting on a predominantly male gambling forum. And choosing the moniker "Hot Blonde" made it even more interesting. We pm'd, then spoke, and when she mentioned her weight we together somehow devised the "Hot Blonde Challenge". When the actual amount of weight, 90 pounds, that she said she could lose, was agreed to, I made what I thought then was a fair betting line, 9 to 1 against. I originally was planning to bet a few hundred against HB, fully expecting her to fail, and not really wanting to take any money from her. She upped the ante, wanting to risk $1000 to win $9000. That's when I started recruiting friends and forum members to join in. The Wiz jumped in first with the biggest bet, and others joined with what they thought they could afford. Maybe I'm naive, but I just expected the bets to be guaranteed with an internet handshake. HB started blogging, showing the details, and quite frankly, amazing progress she was making. She was so sure of her success she wanted me to try and get her up to the $9000 mark, which we fell short of. At some point we had a tiff, basically starting with me saying a 250 pound woman could not be hot, and HB vehemently disagreeing. There were a few other things which I can't repeat here which lead HB to label me as rude and 'not a friend'. In the whole context I never felt like I was rude, but more forthright. Eventually i apologised, and HB and I started conversing again. I made some more suggestions about how she might get more bettors, and she did so. Then came the 'falling off of the wagon' week, and the revelation of inability to pay medical bills, and the scrutiny that that obviously brought upon HB. Since I started this with HB, I feel some personal responsibility to those who bet, and as such I will act as a guarantor for any bettor, if they want me to hold in escrow the money they would lose and the money HB would owe them. As of now no one has said 'yes' in this thread. If anyone does use this service, I will use my own money as HB's escrow, and not ask her for any until October 17, if she should happen to lose. I will keep this option open until April 13, when I'll be heading out to Vegas.
I expect the next weigh in to be a resounding success, as I think the setback will steel HB even more. The steroid weight will shed easily. I hope this ancillary issues will fade into the sunset, with the extra pounds that will be melting off of HB's body.
WongBo
WongBo
  • Threads: 62
March 30th, 2012 at 5:54:23 PM permalink
prediction: won't reach goal, won't pay immediately
In a bet, there is a fool and a thief. - Proverb.
  • Jump to: