Thread Rating:

EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
March 7th, 2012 at 12:18:32 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

I will clarify that the bet is that I have to weigh 160.8 or less by October 17th which means that yes, I could win the bet sooner than that date.

Yes, how could somebody control their weight
so they weighed an exact amount on a certain
date, thats impossible.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
March 7th, 2012 at 12:47:01 PM permalink
I have only not posted due to interpersonal problems my postings may have caused. As the person who designed the bet, and recruited people for the bet, the bet is not over until HB weighs in, with at least the Wiz as a witness, on October 17. Any and all other weights posted are of course unofficial. Originally HB was going to wait until I arrived in Vegas on October 17, but since I will not likely be arriving until afternoon, HB asked if she could weigh in sooner on THAT DATE, so that she could start celebrating with a meal of her choosing. I said that she could do the official weigh in any time that is convenient for her and the Wiz, and that there would be another weigh in later that might be more conducive for attendance for those travelling from out of town, as a prelude to the celebration.
That is my interpretation of the bet. If the Wiz feels otherwise I will defer to him as a binding arbitrator.

(And------- congratulations on the continued success)
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 116
March 7th, 2012 at 12:55:30 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I have only not posted due to interpersonal problems my postings may have caused. As the person who designed the bet, and recruited people for the bet, the bet is not over until HB weighs in, with at least the Wiz as a witness, on October 17. Any and all other weights posted are of course unofficial. Originally HB was going to wait until I arrived in Vegas on October 17, but since I will not likely be arriving until afternoon, HB asked if she could weigh in sooner on THAT DATE, so that she could start celebrating with a meal of her choosing. I said that she could do the official weigh in any time that is convenient for her and the Wiz, and that there would be another weigh in later that might be more conducive for attendance for those travelling from out of town, as a prelude to the celebration.
That is my interpretation of the bet. If the Wiz feels otherwise I will defer to him as a binding arbitrator.

(And------- congratulations on the continued success)

I thought you made the decision to ditch this thread once and for all.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
March 7th, 2012 at 1:19:54 PM permalink
I had read this as HB would weight less than or equal to a certain weight on a certain date.

Mostly a certain date so there could be an independent confirmation of the weight. That's not to say HB couldn't be less than the target weight at any point before hand, only that on the target date she was below the target weight.

But whatever works, I'm not part of the bet.

As it reads, HB is aiming to be well below the weight, well ahead of schedule, and to stay there, so will be looking Hot and Blonde and sub-160 on the weight date anyways.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
slyther
slyther
  • Threads: 13
March 7th, 2012 at 1:50:35 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

However, don't they say that wearing vertical stripes is an optical illusion to make the person wearing them look thinner?

Why do you think us referees wear vertically striped jerseys?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
March 7th, 2012 at 3:07:17 PM permalink
I always considered SOOPOO the referee on the details of the challenge. If forced, I interpreted the bet to mean that HB had to weigh whatever the target was on Oct 17. It is fine to meet the goal early, but I assumed she would have to maintain that weight until 10/17.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
EuropeanHottie
EuropeanHottie
  • Threads: 1
March 8th, 2012 at 3:29:12 PM permalink
Yes, lets take the time to thank the photographer! LOL And just to justify that she is losing weight and its, and I quote ," NOT AN OPTICAL ILLUSION". Good job blondy and keep up the good work and I will take the hot ass pics to post on here to prove that there is progress :)
Gambling DOES build character, lol ;)
EuropeanHottie
EuropeanHottie
March 8th, 2012 at 4:00:49 PM permalink
Quote: DorothyGale

that HB conducts this struggle in a public forum gives permission to diagnose her disorder fully at all levels, not just as an overweight woman, but as a woman who has a combination of issues that all contribute to her weight ... in this case, she has an evident psychological disorder that accompanies her weight issue ... perhaps dealing more directly with the psychological disorder and its cause will make the weight loss much easier for her ...

How much time do you have on your hands??? I mean seriously I tried not to step in but you are just welcoming me!! So for slow ppl like you lets go over the basics.
NUMBER 1- This blog was dedicated to HB weight loss.. LOL in case u missed out on that part.
NUMBER 2- Why are you sitting on here and reaserching your own problems and issues and trying to put them on HB ?
Are you seriously OK? How much time does a female that claims has a life and is not narcissistic have to spend trying to insult someone you never even met! You need to revaluate your own problems and back off! And I will be at the weigh in to support my friend and on mine and her behalf you are NOT invited until u change up that fake and perky attitude of yours..

XOXOX
Gambling DOES build character, lol ;)
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 8th, 2012 at 4:43:55 PM permalink

I always considered SOOPOO the referee on the details of the challenge. If forced, I interpreted the bet to mean that HB had to weigh whatever the target was on Oct 17. It is fine to meet the goal early, but I assumed she would have to maintain that weight until 10/17.

So if she's 20 pounds under the target weight on that
day, thats fine, right? You can't mean she has to
weigh exactly the target weight on Oct 17th, thats
impossible.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
March 8th, 2012 at 5:00:07 PM permalink

Narcissistic Personality Disorder (Wikipedia):

Symptoms of this disorder include, but are not limited to:

Reacts to criticism with anger, shame, or humiliation

Quote: EuropeanHottie

How much time do you have on your hands??? I mean seriously I tried not to step in but you are just welcoming me!! So for slow ppl like you lets go over the basics.
NUMBER 1- This blog was dedicated to HB weight loss.. LOL in case u missed out on that part.
NUMBER 2- Why are you sitting on here and reaserching your own problems and issues and trying to put them on HB ?
Are you seriously OK? How much time does a female that claims has a life and is not narcissistic have to spend trying to insult someone you never even met! You need to revaluate your own problems and back off! And I will be at the weigh in to support my friend and on mine and her behalf you are NOT invited until u change up that fake and perky attitude of yours..

XOXOX

100% risk of ruin
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 8th, 2012 at 5:06:02 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

So if she's 20 pounds under the target weight on that
day, thats fine, right? You can't mean she has to
weigh exactly the target weight on Oct 17th, thats
impossible.

She has to be 160.8 or less on any time on October 17, witnessed by either the Wiz or myself.
DorothyGale
DorothyGale
  • Threads: 40
March 8th, 2012 at 6:05:07 PM permalink
Quote: EuropeanHottie

Number 1, this is a public board and HB created a way to keep herself in the spotlight for 8 months ... by making it public, by having this thread, she gets all that comes with it ... her blog is hers to do with as she pleases, but this thread is not her little hobbit house.
Quote:

NUMBER 2- Why are you sitting on here and reaserching[sic] your own problems and issues and trying to put them on HB ?

You come here to defend your friend ... I suppose it must have really stung her to send you in as her surrogate ... your friend has a clear psychological disorder that she fits like a glove. Whatever is driving that disorder, whether it's a self-esteem issue, or childhood sexual assault, or a fractured family life, or drugs and alcohol, or sexual identity issues, or whatever, that is what's driving the issues behind her weight problems ... to think that she can not get called on it is naive.

What I know about H.B. is that one symptom is her weight, one symptom is her narcissism, one symptom is her victimization by someone she doesn't know who could be anybody, who happens to say a few casual observations on a public thread, one symptom is having enabling codependent friends like you. What the underlying cause is, that's what she needs to treat ... that's her problem.
Quote:

Are you seriously OK? How much time does a female that claims has a life and is not narcissistic have to spend trying to insult someone you never even met! You need to revaluate [sic] your own problems and back off! And I will be at the weigh in to support my friend and on mine and her behalf you are NOT invited until u change up that fake and perky attitude of yours..

Yes, I can see you really have your gloves on ... you really want a fight ... well, let me tell you this, your fight is going to be with yourself, because this is the only response you will get from me on this matter.

Step 1 in a 12 step program is admitting you have a problem. Ms. H.B. hasn't even done that step yet -- without uncovering the real problem, how can she ever hope to keep off the weight she loses?

--Ms. D.
"Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness!"
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 8th, 2012 at 6:39:34 PM permalink

Step 1 in a 12 step program is admitting you have a problem. Ms. H.B. hasn't even done that step yet -- without uncovering the real problem, how can she ever hope to keep off the weight she loses? .

Gee whiz, the personal attacks are really uncalled for.
Just ignore it, HB. You're doing great and you feel good,
thats all that matters. I've dropped 60 or 70 pounds
several times in my life and you're past the hard part.
The first 6 weeks are the toughest and you're way beyond
that..
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 8th, 2012 at 8:30:53 PM permalink
I want to say that the fact that my friend EH chose to stick up for me shows me how good of a friend she is. YOU come on here, DorothyGale, and decide to throw negativity my way and attack me several times and say that I have mental issues and that shows what kind of person YOU are, and that's a low-life. I have never done anything to you or said anything to you so for you to decide to attack me and SLANDER me is really fucked up. Maybe it's your goal to try and get my goat, i don't know, maybe you get a kick out of spreading negativity cuz I heard it's not your first time. The fact that you come on this thread and try to rain on someone's parade shows me that you are probably someone who doesn't get along with people and you are probably a very lonely person that nobody likes. I'm all for free speech but you don't need to jump on this thread and attack me. Say what you have to say but say it somewhere else and to someone who gives a shit, you low-life. There, now I've made MY mental assessment of you.
Get a fucking life.
DorothyGale
DorothyGale
March 8th, 2012 at 9:34:04 PM permalink

There, now I've made MY mental assessment of you.

Thank you for caring enough to share that with me.

--Ms. D.
"Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness!"
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 8th, 2012 at 9:42:29 PM permalink

Thank you for caring enough to share that with me.

--Ms. D.

You're welcome. Any time.
Switch
Switch
  • Threads: 12
March 8th, 2012 at 9:58:59 PM permalink

I'm in full agreement with this although you could add "...had to weigh, or be below, whatever..."
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
March 9th, 2012 at 8:05:37 AM permalink
A flame war not involving me, god, hole-carding/card-counting/other advantage play, or some obscure math dispute... This is literally odd.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
March 9th, 2012 at 8:05:46 AM permalink
Oh, how I love amateur psychologists who diagnose online... I'm sure there is a medical term for them as well.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
DorothyGale
DorothyGale
March 9th, 2012 at 8:08:34 AM permalink
Quote: Nareed

literally

And that's why I love you!

--Ms. D.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
March 9th, 2012 at 8:20:13 AM permalink

And that's why I love you!

For correctly using the word, or for not letting it go when replying to your posts?
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
March 9th, 2012 at 8:31:23 AM permalink
Come, on, Nareed, you can get involved on this one! You can do it!!!

But seriously, our resident oz-like entity is questioning the motives for the HB challenge. On the face of it, HB is trying to earn some money by publicizing her challenge. This year, it seems like there are many politicians who are doing the same thing. The mayor of Toronto, for example, is having a weight loss challenge and many radio personalities are partaking in the same challenge.

Her motives, really, you cannot diagnose. Of course, there are emotional and mental challenges around the gaining and losing of weight, but those I am betting she is keeping private. None of us have asked why HB gained the weight in the first place, and really, it's none of my business. We all have hidden areas of our lives that we don't share. For HB, she has chosen to share part of her life with us and motivate herself through financial gain. Is that narcissistic?

All of us on this forum could be said to be somewhat narcissistic. Nareed tells us of his journey to transgenderness. FrGamble talks about God. MRjjj rambles on about winning in roulette while stating that there's no bias on the wheel, and so on and so forth. We all have our own personal reasons to be here and expend emotional and mental energy here. Does that mean that we all have mental problems?

And to some extent DGale is right... To prevent the weight from coming on again, you've gotta solve the emotional reasons as to why the weight was gained in the first place. That much is valid. All weight loss programs, to be complete, have got to resolve with a change in your value system when it comes to food. Most people regain their weight because their self-image is the same and their habits and lifestyle are the same.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
kmumf
kmumf
March 9th, 2012 at 9:05:21 AM permalink
DorothyGale I think has way more issues herself then she is pressing on other people. I hope she can get help.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 9th, 2012 at 9:22:09 AM permalink
I'm not sure exactly what HB did to deserve all
this vitriol from Dorothy. She got herself into a
position where she gets a lot of attention from
men for awhile. So what, good for her. Its not
a capital crime.
kmumf
kmumf
March 9th, 2012 at 9:45:23 AM permalink
I agree EvenBob. I don't know why people like to spread hate on forums all the time.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 9th, 2012 at 9:58:35 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

And to some extent DGale is right... To prevent the weight from coming on again, you've gotta solve the emotional reasons as to why the weight was gained in the first place. That much is valid. All weight loss programs, to be complete, have got to resolve with a change in your value system when it comes to food. Most people regain their weight because their self-image is the same and their habits and lifestyle are the same.

This is, of course, true. And let me say that for someone to go from a smoking hot female to a point where I actually weighed in at 277 pounds there has to have been something that went askew. But most people don't come online and attack someone and tell them that something is wrong with them and that they have severe mental issues and try to say that something is wrong with that peson and try to degrade them. MOST people in society as well as most of the people on this forum show compassion and understanding of someone in a sensitive situation such as mine, not glorify it out of evil intent. And that is pure evil. We all have problems but for you to outright attack someone, whether it's here on this particular thread or anywhere else you're doing it, is really messed up.

Quote: kmumf

DorothyGale I think has way more issues herself then she is pressing on other people. I hope she can get help.

And so I agree with this statement. My obesity issues are between me, myself, and I. When you have personal issues that cause you to go online and personally attack people for no good reason then those are way greater issues than the fact that I gained a whole bunch of weight. A lot of the weight I gained was during times that I went out and ate and drank with friends. But to exhibit anti-social and berating behavior is a much more deeply troubling issue than a weight issue. And again, people on here have been offering tons of encouraging words towards me in my gradual success which shows the positiveness of human nature and then here comes DG too rain on the parade. Too much happiness and encouragement in this thread for you? Sad that no one acts like that toward you? You should go into YOURSELF and deal with whatever issues cause you to behave this way and maybe you'll start acting like a normal happy person.

And on a different note, to answer the question in regards to the financial motivation for this challenge. Originally when SOOPOO and I talked privately before I started this challenge I had told him how I was planning on going back on my weight loss program since it was the new year and it was something that I needed to take care of once and for all. I told him that if I stuck to my plan I could lose 10 pounds a month. He told me that he was going to be coming out to Vegas mid-October of this year and I told him that I could lose 90 pounds by then since his trip was 9 months away. He then told me that if I could stick to my program and actually lose that much by the time he came out that he would give me a financial reward for my success, if and ONLY if I could lose that amount of weight by the time he is out there, and if I didn't reach my goal then there would be no reward. He told me to name my own price and that "money is not an issue", in his exact words. He wanted me to pick a financial amount that would keep me 100% disciplined all the way through so that I would not fall off as I have done every single time I had attempted to lose weight in the past. So in my mind I had to think what amount of money would keep me so motivated for 9+ months so that I couldn't go out and eat or drink with friends as I normally love to do. 9+ months is a really long time to go without the things that I normally loved to do. I couldn't tell him how much I was thinking, which was around $10,000, cuz I felt that he would say that it was too high. SOOPOO kept pressing me and telling me to name my price and that "money is not an issue" and told me the enormous amount of money that he makes as a living and to just tell him how much would be enough to motivate me to stick 100% to my program all the way through. He kept asking me and I kept not having the guts to say $10,000 and I kept asking him to offer an amount.

Finally, I think it was the next day, after we started to go back and forth he finally said that he would offer me $1,199. To me that was not enough of an award to do the amount of work that I knew I needed to do for 9+ months and I told him that that was too little for sticking power. He then asked me how much I had in mind, again, and I finally told him $9,000 which would be 9 months, 90 pounds, $100 per pound. He told me that he would not give me that much as a reward, which surprised me since he had mentioned more than once the enormous amount of money he makes a year (which I am purposely leaving out here so as not to divulge the exact details of the amount of income he confided in me out of respect for his privacy). He then said that since he would not be putting up the money that I wanted would it be ok if he got "investors" to make up the difference. I then told him that would be fine as now I was excited about winning $9,000 and I was ok with that. After thinking about it a little longer he then told me that although it sounds like a good idea that he's now decided that he could not start a thread and expose me like that as he 100% believed that I honestly could not hit my goal and that he would not want me to embarrass myself and have to pay out of my pocket since he was sure I would lose. I told him that 10 pounds a month was not undoable at all but he was unconvinced and apologized and told me he could not do it.

Later that day I sent him an email telling him how excited I was at the idea of winning $9,000 and that that would totally motivate me to stick to my plan 100% of the way through. He then called me the next day and had a change of heart and said that he would do it. I was super happy. We worked out the details and the very next day this thread was born.

So, to summarize, I never had any original intent to make my weight loss a public thing. SOOPOO had offered me a financial reward for my success and told me to name my price and when I did he told me that was too high for him. So the only way for him to get me the $9,000 without reaching into his own pocket for the whole amount was to create this thread. I gave him permission to do that even though I was remembering author Brian Tracy's suggestion in his book GOALS! to not tell anyone of your goals cuz if you fail it would be way harder on you than if you had not told anyone in the first place. I knew the $9,000 reward (and the chance of having to pay out $1,000) would be a huge motivator and so I decided to override Brian Tracy's advice and let the thread be born. So there you have it! :-D
RogerKint
RogerKint
March 9th, 2012 at 10:04:16 AM permalink

you are probably someone who doesn't get along with people and you are probably a very lonely person that nobody likes..

I know for a fact Dorothy has at least three friends.
100% risk of ruin
weaselman
weaselman
  • Threads: 20
March 9th, 2012 at 10:27:56 AM permalink

But most people don't come online and attack someone and tell them that something is wrong with them and that they have severe mental issues and try to say that something is wrong with that peson and try to degrade them.

Narcissism (in the sense that Dorothy is using it, not a clinical diagnosis) is not a "severe mental issue", it's more of a personality trait. (almost) Everybody exhibits some amount of it, it is not degrading to point it out. Not any more degrading than to say that you are overweight anyway (much less really, if you ask me), and it does not take a psychiatrist to "diagnose" the former any more than it requires a physician to point out the latter. Lots (if not most) of famous, great people were severe cases of narcissism. Take Steve Jobs as an extreme example.

Like you say, most people don't come online to make such observations about others, or rather, most people do not encounter such observations made about them by others online, because most people do not start threads on public forums, dedicated solely to them, and/or do not keep them active for months. Also, when do get faced with such an observation online, most people tend to just shrug it off, and let it go, so the incident is quickly forgotten instead of getting blown to epic proportion.

Bottom line is - just take it easy, HB. You are not a dollar coin for everyone to like you. If someone tells you something you don't like about yourself, you may not (want to) agree with it, but consider that that actually is the way some people perceive you. If you don't care about that, just shrug it off, if you do though, it might make sense to listen and think about what you can do to change the situation.

Oh, and if I were you, I would apologise to SOOPOO for your behaviour earlier in this thread. Your outburst at him was totally uncalled for.

My obesity issues are between me, myself, and I.

Or rather, they were, before you, on your own volition, made them subject for public discussion.
"When two people always agree one of them is unnecessary"
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 9th, 2012 at 11:04:23 AM permalink
Oh well... I've tried to stay out of this mess... The phrase 'money is not an issue' is never an exact phrase. I expected HB to select a far lower amount than I am even now committed to, like a few hundred dollars, as I expected the money to be a secondary motive for her, and the actual self improvement to be the main motivation. Through hours of friendly discourse, we together, mostly of my doing, came up with the HB challenge. As anyone who has followed this serpentine thread is aware, I worked hard to get HB the opponents. I must say it is quite uncomfortable to read about 'the enormous amount of money' I make. I would have thought that that would be something that would not be bandied about in a forum like this. Anyway... I am really only making half an enormous amount of money right now.... and although I can well 'afford' to pay HB her bounty when she achieves success, it will be a large sum to me, about equal to my entire weeks gambling budget . I worked hard to set this up for HB, and STILL am rooting for her success. No good deed goes unpunished.....
DorothyGale
DorothyGale
March 9th, 2012 at 11:12:43 AM permalink

No good deed goes unpunished.....

Indeed ... from the musical "Wicked" ...

"No good deed goes unpunished"

--Ms. D.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 9th, 2012 at 11:23:40 AM permalink
Quote: weaselman

Narcissism (in the sense that Dorothy is using it, not a clinical diagnosis) is not a "severe mental issue", it's more of a personality trait. (almost) Everybody exhibits some amount of it, it is not degrading to point it out.

weaselman, I'm assuming you haven't read all the posts in this thread since you've made several mistakes in your comments. For one, Dorothy did not just simply call me a narcissist, she went further than that on more than one occasion. Since I'm assuming you missed this, here's what she's said about me:

she has an evident psychological disorder

has a clear psychological disorder that she fits like a glove. Whatever is driving that disorder, whether it's a self-esteem issue, or childhood sexual assault, or a fractured family life, or drugs and alcohol, or sexual identity issues, or whatever...

What I know about H.B. is that one symptom is her weight, one symptom is her narcissism, one symptom is her victimization by someone she doesn't know who could be anybody, who happens to say a few casual observations on a public thread, one symptom is having enabling codependent friends...

Like you say, most people don't come online to make such observations about others, or rather, most people do not encounter such observations made about them by others online, because most people do not start threads on public forums, dedicated solely to them, and/or do not keep them active for months.

Again, I did not start this thread, SOOPOO did.

Oh, and if I were you, I would apologise to SOOPOO for your behaviour earlier in this thread. Your outburst at him was totally uncalled for.

What is it that you think I need to apologize to him about? For calling him out on his constant disrespect towards me? He has made a habit of insulting me and disrespecting me, most of it completely off this thread. I've told him that before in private but he seems to think he does no harm. The only reason I pointed it out to him on here was cuz he disrespected me on here.

Or rather, they were, before you, on your own volition, made them subject for public discussion.

The psychological reasons behind my obesity is not what's open for discussion, weaselman. Any personal issues I may have are just that... personal. The way DG went about trying to diagnose and point out what she sees as flaws IS degrading, whether you see it as that or not.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 9th, 2012 at 11:33:55 AM permalink

Oh well... I've tried to stay out of this mess... The phrase 'money is not an issue' is never an exact phrase. I expected HB to select a far lower amount than I am even now committed to, like a few hundred dollars, as I expected the money to be a secondary motive for her, and the actual self improvement to be the main motivation. Through hours of friendly discourse, we together, mostly of my doing, came up with the HB challenge. As anyone who has followed this serpentine thread is aware, I worked hard to get HB the opponents. I must say it is quite uncomfortable to read about 'the enormous amount of money' I make. I would have thought that that would be something that would not be bandied about in a forum like this. Anyway... I am really only making half an enormous amount of money right now.... and although I can well 'afford' to pay HB her bounty when she achieves success, it will be a large sum to me, about equal to my entire weeks gambling budget . I worked hard to set this up for HB, and STILL am rooting for her success. No good deed goes unpunished.....

You poor little rich boy.
DorothyGale
DorothyGale
March 9th, 2012 at 11:46:32 AM permalink
Quote: HB

You poor little rich boy.

Get a fucking life.

say it somewhere else and to someone who gives a shit, you low-life

Here is an alternate definition of the word "hot":

Definition of hot
5. having or showing intense or violent feeling; ardent; fervent; vehement; excited: a hot temper.

--Ms. D.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
March 9th, 2012 at 12:00:10 PM permalink

Here is an alternate definition of the word "hot":

Definition of hot
5. having or showing intense or violent feeling; ardent; fervent; vehement; excited: a hot temper.

--Ms. D.

The last 2 suspensions for personal insults were for someone telling a member they were full of sh** and for calling someone a nut job. Does calling someone a low life qualify? Just sayin.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
March 9th, 2012 at 12:01:43 PM permalink
Issues???
I want to see photos!!!!
weaselman
weaselman
  • Threads: 20
March 9th, 2012 at 12:12:28 PM permalink

Since I'm assuming you missed this, here's what she's said about me:

Yeah ... it did get a bit out of hand ... but, you must agree, not without your help.
In her initial post, all Dorothy said was that this thread (not even you) is narcissistic, which clearly and indisputably is true.
After you replied to that in a tone way more defensive and irritated than was called for, Dorothy in turn got defensive, and ended up saying some things she should not have. But you weren't an example of patience and courtesy yourself. In fact, your angry, out of proportion outbursts just happened to fit that very "narcissistic" profile she was talking about so perfectly, that the discussion went into a sort of a feedback loop if you will.

Quote:

Again, I did not start this thread, SOOPOO did.

He did it for you, didn't he?

Quote:

What is it that you think I need to apologize to him about?

Your behaviour and hostile and ungrateful stance that you took towards him.

Quote:

For calling him out on his constant disrespect towards me?
He has made a habit of insulting me and disrespecting me, most of it completely off this thread.

He was not insulting you. You need to understand, that someone disagreeing with you is not an insult. People are allowed to have different opinions, even on the matters where you are sure that you are right.

He set up this whole challenge for you, he lined up the "investors" to finance your endeavour, he offered personal guarantee to people who were in doubt, basically vouching for your integrity and honesty to them.
He earned the right to expect your gratitude, and instead he is getting this hostile, completely uncalled for treatment.
This is unbecoming.

Quote:

The psychological reasons behind my obesity is not what's open for discussion, weaselman.

If you don't like your private issues to be discussed, do not start discussions dedicated to your Self on public forums, much less, offer people to bet on your private issues.

Certainly, by offering a public bet connected to your obesity, you must be prepared to have an open discussion of its reasons, psychological or otherwise. I mean, please don't take this comparison too far, but if you were betting on a horse, would you not want to know if it had some kind of a health or attitude issue that would prevent it from displaying peak performance? And if you saw that horse limp, would it be wrong for you to speculate that, perhaps, there could be something wrong with its leg, despite your not being a trained veterinarian?

Quote:

Any personal issues I may have are just that... personal. The way DG went about trying to diagnose and point out what she sees as flaws IS degrading, whether you see it as that or not.

Well, I am sorry you see it this way. Once again she was not trying to diagnose anything, she just pointed out what (she thought) was obvious. I can understand why you don't like it, but don't shoot the messenger. The fact that your personality appears narcissistic, at least to some people, is ... well ... the fact. If you don't like that fact, you can attempt to change it by changing you personality or your attitude or both, but you have to understand that simply making those people, who tell you things you don't like, to shut up, will not actually change the reality ... not to the better, anyway.
"When two people always agree one of them is unnecessary"
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 9th, 2012 at 12:43:12 PM permalink

I am really only making half an enormous amount of money right now.... I worked hard to set this up for HB, and STILL am rooting for her success. No good deed goes unpunished.....

And no unwise bet gets to be retracted, only welched on. I
warned EB early on that nothing holds these bettors to
pay her, don't spend the money before you have it in your hands.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
March 9th, 2012 at 1:05:42 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

The last 2 suspensions for personal insults were for someone telling a member they were full of sh** and for calling someone a nut job. Does calling someone a low life qualify? Just sayin.

There is indeed a rule about personal insults and profanity. Mrjjj got 7 days for this post. However, I do think HB is entitled to defend herself, so I'm going to let it slide. It is threads like this that as the admin make my hair grey.
kmumf
kmumf
March 9th, 2012 at 1:19:40 PM permalink
Yes.. I think the WIZ has better things to do than baby sit internet people.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
March 9th, 2012 at 3:25:31 PM permalink
Yeah, folks, why don't you take a little self-imposed hiatus from this thread until things cool off?
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
cono
cono
  • Threads: 5
March 9th, 2012 at 4:30:11 PM permalink
I glanced at this thread when it first began. It seemed pretty uninteresting. I looked at it again today and read back a few pages. i don't know what all happened in between," page one and fifty three" but the only word to describe what i am seeing now is "bizarre".

Just an observation from an outsider looking in.
RogerKint
RogerKint
March 10th, 2012 at 1:27:19 PM permalink

There is indeed a rule about personal insults and profanity. Mrjjj got 7 days for this post. However, I do think HB is entitled to defend herself, so I'm going to let it slide. It is threads like this that as the admin make my hair grey.

Besides, this whole thing could turn very positive if Dr. Oz is interested. Oz...Wizard of Odds, it was meant to be.

Regarding HB biting the hand that feeds her (SOOPOO). He shouldn't welch on the bet. Maybe the rules should be interpreted that she has to weigh the EXACT weight at the weigh-in. ;)
100% risk of ruin
DorothyGale
DorothyGale
March 10th, 2012 at 1:35:50 PM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

But, your comments were way too vindictive and personal.

You are right. I was unfair and sarcastic to you. My apologies.

--Ms. D.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 10th, 2012 at 1:54:17 PM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

If you ask me if this wave of young girls posting videos of themselves on youtube with the question "Am I pretty?"

I have a 19 year old niece who, when she posts
a batch of pics on FB, 75% are face shots of
herself. She'll post 200 and 150 of them will be
her face, with different expressions and hats and
makeup. Who does that? She must have a couple
thousand of them on there now. Somebody should
break it to her to most girls are cute at 19, it
doesn't last.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 10th, 2012 at 2:19:48 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I have a 19 year old niece who, when she posts
a batch of pics on FB, 75% are face shots of
herself. She'll post 200 and 150 of them will be
her face, with different expressions and hats and
makeup. Who does that? She must have a couple
thousand of them on there now. Somebody should
break it to her to most girls are cute at 19, it
doesn't last.

Haha, that reminds me of EuropeanHottie. The majority of her Facebook pictures are of herself posing in the camera lots of different ways, lol. If you're hot you're allowed to.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
March 10th, 2012 at 4:39:38 PM permalink
Google EuropeanHottie and see what comes up.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
March 10th, 2012 at 5:23:19 PM permalink

Oh my !
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
RogerKint
RogerKint
March 10th, 2012 at 5:28:57 PM permalink

Geez, that guy makes me look like a gnat.
100% risk of ruin
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
March 10th, 2012 at 5:39:06 PM permalink
Quote: cono

i don't know what all happened in between," page one and fifty three" but the only word to describe what i am seeing now is "bizarre".

There was a lot of drama between pages 1 and 50. This is definitely the Soap Opera of the forum.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 10th, 2012 at 9:53:17 PM permalink

Wow, I just googled it and I dare not click on any of those links! If you did it to look up picks of my friend let me know and I can post more pics of her.

And on the same note here is a pic I just took of myself with my camera phone. Hopefully you can see a difference in my face now after 8+ weeks since I started this challenge. Hopefully this pic will make up for my horrendous face in my body shot earlier this week!

• Jump to: