Thread Rating:

HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 110
January 11th, 2012 at 12:16:51 PM permalink
... and I also want to add that for those of you who would want to verify that I didn't have any surgery or anything I can videotape myself, again with proof of date such as a newspaper and video of the current blogs here, eating every day. I am not 100% schooled on this weightloss surgery thing but from what I think I understand about it people can't eat more than a very, very small amount of food. Since I'll be eating around 1400 calories a day I'm pretty sure that's more than what a surgery patient's stomach capacity can handle.

And please tell your friends about this too. I only have 3.5 investors now and still need 6.5 more. I'm ready to send out a press release to get to my $9,000 goal!
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
January 11th, 2012 at 12:53:32 PM permalink
Quote: MakingBook

Earlier I said the odds should be 50-1 minimum. Upon further review, I'd estimate 100-1 would be more realistic. Laying 9-1 looks too easy. Very little chance someone weighing 250 immediately has the pride or discipline to return to a normal weight in such a short period of time. People that weigh 250 get that way due to lack of pride, laziness, and little or no discipline. People do not change what they are just because the calendar changes from Dec 31 to Jan 1. Reason why I will not take the bet, you ask? Here's why:

1) This is a internet forum. I'm supposed to take a bet real dollars with someone I've never met? Are you nuts?

2) Sounds like a scam to me. How can this be verified? Maybe HB doesn't currently weigh 250? Maybe she already weighs 160. Maybe she has a twin sister, or a look-a-like that currently weighs 160?

3) How do we know HB isn't going to cheat via surgery, or liposuction? I'm supposed to take the word of a stranger 2,000 miles away? No thanks.

4) Most likely outcomes- people that take the bet will win and not be paid; or people that take the bet will be scammed and lose $900.

Remember people, the human race is divided into two groups- the suckers and the sharps.

Sorry to be so harsh- it's just my honest opinion.

I will mail you $100 and trust YOU to send it back to me if she makes the number. The Wizard can verify HB's existence, and other forum members can vouch for her general size if not exact weight. It is certainly a theoretical possibility that anyone will cheat, I will take her at her word that she will not have surgery or use diuretics. She will present herself in Las Vegas for an official weigh in to conclude the bet. The summary is that you, making book, are just plain chicken to put your money where your mouth is. So... if you want me to mail you the $100 to get you in, think about that I am trusting YOU... on this anonymous internet forum.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
January 11th, 2012 at 1:35:38 PM permalink
Quote: P90

I'm almost tempted to take this bet, because there is so little chance of losing. I do believe HB will lose weight; however 250->160 in less than a year without a lifestyle change is a very difficult goal.
And if $1,200 plus not being fat isn't enough to motivate one, but $9,000 is, it suggests the value one places on not being fat is very low, considering it's a couple extra years of healthy life at least.

On the other hand, I hate the idea of rooting for someone's misery. Not absolute on that, I can do death pools, but it has to be someone on the level of Gaddafi or Obama for such a bet not to be immoral, and I have no reason to wish any bad on HB.

HB wants to give you the $100 you are so sure of winning... she will LIKE you if you bet against her.... come on.... put up the $900 you know you wont lose....
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 110
January 11th, 2012 at 2:17:29 PM permalink
About to hit the gym...

...before I do I want to know from those who are putting in money what they think about this. I plan on actually hitting my goal weight by Sept 17th, a month early. If I do are we allowed to call that the end of the bet then? I'll still be coming out in October though just for fun.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
January 11th, 2012 at 2:50:38 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

About to hit the gym...

...before I do I want to know from those who are putting in money what they think about this. I plan on actually hitting my goal weight by Sept 17th, a month early. If I do are we allowed to call that the end of the bet then? I'll still be coming out in October though just for fun.

Please, HB, lets keep it as it is... The bet is over on October 17, no sooner, no later. There will be an official weigh in on that day in Vegas.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
  • Threads: 1332
January 11th, 2012 at 3:09:38 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I will mail you $100 and trust YOU to send it back to me if she makes the number. The Wizard can verify HB's existence, and other forum members can vouch for her general size if not exact weight.

I'm willing to hold the money in escrow, if that helps. If we get close the 9K, but need more investors, I'm willing to double my bet to $1,800 to win $200. Yes, I can vouch that HB exists and looks like she did in the pictures.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
January 11th, 2012 at 3:31:40 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I'm willing to hold the money in escrow, if that helps. If we get close the 9K, but need more investors, I'm willing to double my bet to $2,000 to win $200. Yes, I can vouch that HB exists and looks like she did in the pictures.

Thank you, Wiz-
Up to date summary-
Wiz- $1800 to win $200
SOOPOO $1350 to win $150
Switch $900 to win $100
Golfbuddy $450 to win $50

I increased mine from 900 to 1350 as I will still be able to root against myself at that level.

Edited to reflect Wiz correction.
Total now half way to 9000.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
January 11th, 2012 at 3:41:35 PM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

Maybe the "line" is set too high.

What would be the odds to get an even # of gamblers
on both sides ? Maybe 3 to 1 ?

It is too high for me to consider. -300 is where I might look at it. -250 is even more fair IMHO.

FWIW, I'd say anyone should trust Wiz as escrow and judge.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 424
January 11th, 2012 at 3:42:48 PM permalink
The Wiz said 'if we get close to the 9K', how
is $3600 close to 9K? I'm just sayin...
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
  • Threads: 1332
January 11th, 2012 at 4:11:45 PM permalink
I meant $1,800 to win $200, my mistake. I forgot the line. It's fine to leave me up for $1,800.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.

• Jump to: