Thread Rating:

Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
June 28th, 2012 at 10:14:01 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

The point of no return is quickly approaching. There are about 16 weeks
to go before the weigh in. If she still has 40 pounds to go and loses 2.5
pounds per week, with no backsliding, she'll just make it. Its do-able.
If she waits another 2 weeks and has 40 to lose, thats 3 pounds a week
with no backsliding. I would say doing it is marginal at best. If she
has 40 to go and hasn't started in two weeks, its lost, she can forget it.
Not backsliding is the key, and she's shown that to be not her forte.

I think that she could do it if she tried. I endeavored to lose some weight approximately four months ago when I realized, at 6'4", I had creeped over 260 (262lbs.) for the first time in over two years. For the first two months, I modified my diet very strictly drinking a fresh vegetable shake for breakfast and lunch and then eating a regular dinner consisting only of whatever I could fit on a saucer.

In the first two months I lost 25lbs and was down to 237.

I had satisifed myself that I could relax the diet a bit and continue to lose weight, so now I eat a banana, bowl of cereal, Nutri-Grain Bar, two pieces of Whole Wheat Toast w/ Apple Butter and a Cup of Yogurt for breakfast. I usually have a light snack, such as carrots or two pieces of Apple Butter toast for lunch, and literally, whatever I want for dinner. I do not consume any non-alcoholic beverage (and I only consume alcoholic beverages one day a week) that has any calories whatsoever.

I just got on the scale for the first time in a few weeks today and I am down to 224.

I have made absolutely no other changes, no additional exercise, nothing.

I have no idea how I ever got up to 262, though, I've been a vegetarian for over two years.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
WongBo
WongBo
  • Threads: 62
June 28th, 2012 at 10:22:50 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I have no idea how I ever got up to 262, though, I've been a vegetarian for over two years.

complex carbohydrates, from the sound of it
In a bet, there is a fool and a thief. - Proverb.
rainman
rainman
  • Threads: 18
June 28th, 2012 at 10:38:44 PM permalink
Anyone know how much cash is on the line?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
  • Threads: 122
June 29th, 2012 at 5:43:19 AM permalink
Quote: rainman

Anyone know how much cash is on the line?

In the neighborhood of $7000 to HB if she wins, and around $1000 from HB if she loses. This thread contains all the bets, as well as some 'offers' to HB if she succeeds with her not having to risk any money. Sometime before October 17 I'll do a summary.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
June 29th, 2012 at 3:14:21 PM permalink
Quote: buzzpaff

My last issue of TV guide said ESPN would be covering the weigh-in !

How could TV cameras get admitted to the nude weigh-in and how on earth could ESPN possibly televise nude footage?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
June 30th, 2012 at 5:43:33 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

How could TV cameras get admitted to the nude weigh-in and how on earth could ESPN possibly televise nude footage?

HB has said she planned to weigh in in a bikini. My guess is that if she is off by less than a pound, the bikini would come off. My hunch is that if she is around 160 she will be quite proud to be seen in her bikini.

Also, ESPN is not the highest bidder at present to televise the event. WCN is the highest bidder so far.

(Wizard Cable Network)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1494
June 30th, 2012 at 5:46:32 PM permalink

HB just contacted me with a progress report. She is proud to say that she is no longer in the "obese" category, but simply "overweight." For what it is worth, even I am considered "overweight" according to the classical definition.

So, as of June 30, she lost 54 pounds, with a weight of 197. According to my math, she is right on target to achieve the goal of the challenge, give or take a pound.

This is looking like it could be a photo finish.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
June 30th, 2012 at 5:46:39 PM permalink
I hear the Playboy channel is planning a last minute bid. !
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
June 30th, 2012 at 5:47:55 PM permalink
WOOO WOOO I can have another Prime Rib Dinner with that $90. GO GIRL GO !
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
June 30th, 2012 at 5:53:52 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

For what it is worth, even I am considered "overweight" according to the classical definition.

The question now is how did my mother get the clout to make up the classical definition?
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
  • Threads: 7
July 1st, 2012 at 5:55:14 AM permalink

HB just contacted me with a progress report. She is proud to say that she is no longer in the "obese" category, but simply "overweight." For what it is worth, even I am considered "overweight" according to the classical definition.

So, as of June 30, she lost 54 pounds, with a weight of 197. According to my math, she is right on target to achieve the goal of the challenge, give or take a pound.

This is looking like it could be a photo finish.

Great news and great picture! Very visible difference from the first picture posted!
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
July 1st, 2012 at 6:02:57 AM permalink
15.5 weeks to go, that means an average of 2.5 pounds a week
for the next 3.5 months. Thats really pushing it, leaves no room
for anything but nose to the grindstone. Could go either way.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
July 1st, 2012 at 10:09:06 AM permalink

15.5 weeks to go, that means an average of 2.5 pounds a week
for the next 3.5 months. Thats really pushing it, leaves no room
for anything but nose to the grindstone. Could go either way.

Agree. Most notable in the picture is how happy and healthy HB looks! 37 more pounds sounds more managable than the original 90 did. I have my piggy bank at the ready just in case.....
EvenBob
EvenBob
July 1st, 2012 at 10:57:17 AM permalink
From May 29 till June 30 she lost 8 pounds.
Thats 2 pounds a week. She needs to step it up to
2.5 or she'll miss the deadline by 6 or 7 pounds.

I would recommend 1000 calories a day and 0 grams
of carb. You can shoot for 0, you won't be able to
attain it, but can come close. No backsliding, no
alcohol, no going off the diet for just one day.
mrjjj
mrjjj
  • Threads: 75
July 1st, 2012 at 11:01:07 AM permalink
I have not read all 600 pages of this but I do have a good point/question.

This is only HALF of the problem. Most (not all) people that take weight off, end up putting it right back on so in reality, its TWO obstacles to overcome, not one.

Ken
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
July 1st, 2012 at 11:32:23 AM permalink
Please read all 600 pages before commenting. I have read all your Roulette pages !!
mrjjj
mrjjj
  • Threads: 75
July 1st, 2012 at 12:14:46 PM permalink

Please read all 600 pages before commenting. I have read all your Roulette pages !!

No, I won't do that, you're not in charge.

Ken
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
July 1st, 2012 at 12:30:07 PM permalink
Quote: mrjjj

This is only HALF of the problem. Most (not all) people that take weight off, end up putting it right back on so in reality, its TWO obstacles to overcome, not one.

I think that comment has been made about 20 times now in this thread.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
July 1st, 2012 at 12:52:00 PM permalink
Well, if you're all going to be pessimistic, maybe she'll just keep on going and have a new problem with anorexia and we'll get pictures of skeletor.

I think she's done great. Worry about the weight gain after her first goal is met.

(I haven't read the 6000 pages either)
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
July 1st, 2012 at 1:09:58 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

But let me tell you after my weigh in I don't want to hear a WORD from anyone about what I put in my mouth that day or after. If I'm busting my ass for over 9 months I don't give a care what anyone says about what I eat after that.

She said this early on. She doesn't care about keeping
it off, this is purely a money bet for her. It's a lot of
cash.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
July 1st, 2012 at 1:20:58 PM permalink
" No, I won't do that, you're not in charge.

Ken "

Yes I am and the croupiers have been informed of your non co-operation.
Nareed
Nareed
July 1st, 2012 at 1:24:33 PM permalink

I think that comment has been made about 20 times now in this thread.

I think that's more often than "It's a negative expectation game" in a gambling thread ;)

Of course, you should not bring up the Bypass Burger challenge until a few months after the weigh-in....
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
July 1st, 2012 at 4:39:23 PM permalink

She said this early on. She doesn't care about keeping
it off, this is purely a money bet for her. It's a lot of
cash.

Not true at all. HB's goal is not 160 to win the bet. It was 138, I believe, and can be found in one of her blog posts. Just to humor me, Bob, how do you know 'she doesn't care about keeping it off'? You a mind reader, or is it your years of experience owning a bar, or having obese daughters, or just your Renaissance Man qualities?
QuadCore
QuadCore
  • Threads: 3
July 2nd, 2012 at 6:06:31 AM permalink
I am proud to say that I have read all 6000 pages of this post and although I still don't think that HB is going to make her goal, I'm hoping that she beats the odds and does it. Based on what I've read above, she has been averaging 2 lbs a week thus far and now has to up that to 2.5 lbs/week. So the challenge is to lose more weight per week at a time when your body is "fighting" the weight loss more. In other words, the lighter you are, the harder it is to lose weight and also you run into plateaus etc....

BTW HB is looking quite good in that swimsuit. Last time she took a pic in that swimsuit the stripes were all stretched out providing quite a visual effect. Time to switch to a 2-piece or will this viewing pleasure be limited only to those at the weigh-in?

Also, whether or not HB keeps the weight off is purely her buisness and nobody elses. All she has to do to win is to meet her mark of 138 lbs. After that she can pig out and gain it all back or, do the right thing, and stay healthy. It's her choice. Remember, obesity can be a lifelong battle, but right now HB seems to be scoring some victories so hopefully she will keep it up!
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
July 2nd, 2012 at 8:02:15 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Not rue at all. HB's goal is not 160 to win the bet. It was 138, I believe, and can be found in one of her blog posts.

Wait--she has to get down to 138? At 5' 8"?? Yikes. Sounds like Beyonce's "lettuce and a treadmill" routine she used to drop 60 lbs after the baby so she could go on tour is what she'll need.

I hope she makes it to win the bet, but that's going to take gruelling effort. I'm only 5' 5" and very small-boned and have weighed 138 before.
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
Nareed
Nareed
July 2nd, 2012 at 8:34:14 AM permalink
According to the first post on the thread, the goal is 160.8 lbs, or about 73 kg.
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
July 2nd, 2012 at 8:46:21 AM permalink
Quote: Nareed

According to the first post on the thread, the goal is 160.8 lbs, or about 73 kg.

Okay, so 160.8 wins the bet, but 138 is a future goal? Doable, but not in 15 weeks. I don't want her killing herself, but I want her to win!
QuadCore
QuadCore
  • Threads: 3
July 2nd, 2012 at 9:01:44 AM permalink
Quote: QuadCore

Also, whether or not HB keeps the weight off is purely her buisness and nobody elses. All she has to do to win is to meet her mark of 138 lbs. After that she can pig out and gain it all back or, do the right thing, and stay healthy. It's her choice. Remember, obesity can be a lifelong battle, but right now HB seems to be scoring some victories so hopefully she will keep it up!

Sorry I mistyped her mark is 160.8 and not 138. I was confused by one of the prior posts. I guess I should have payed more attention.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
July 10th, 2012 at 6:29:31 AM permalink
192.4!!!!! HB posted a blog showing her weight on July 9. That is only 31.6 pounds short of her winning the bet! It seems eminently doable now! The Wiz has made an offer to end the bet early, but it was too ambiguous for me to understand. Maybe you can elucidate on this thread? Anyway, unfortunately due to work commitment I won't be able to make it to Vegas until 5pm on weigh in day. HB can weigh in with the Wiz present at any time on the 17th. I'm hoping there will be a bunch of forum members in town to celebrate HB. Maybe those that will be able to join in the festivities can chime in here. Continued good luck, HB, and feel better, too.
MakingBook
MakingBook
  • Threads: 24
July 10th, 2012 at 7:32:51 AM permalink
I was disappointed to read about Wizards offer of a surrender price.

I caught hell from many for predicting HB's failure and also predicted she will not pay. Both predictions will prove to be accurate.

It's clear her "OUT" is going to be........gee, if I didn't have a bad back, I would have made it.

She is counting on people feeling sorry for her and excusing the bet. Wizards offer will force others to follow suit, or they be considered horrible people like myself.
"I am a man devoured by the passion for gambling." --Dostoevsky, 1871
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
July 10th, 2012 at 8:16:43 AM permalink
Gee, you need to open a private practice. Your analysis of someone you have never met, let alone spoken to in person, is absolutely marvelous.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
July 10th, 2012 at 8:18:44 AM permalink
Just went back to page 1 as I forgot the date of the weigh-in. I will also donate my winnings to charity. And i do expect to WIN !!!
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 117
July 10th, 2012 at 8:56:12 AM permalink
MakingBook, it's people like you who cause me to not want to participate in the forum any more. I'm guessing you didn't even read through this entire thread otherwise you would've kept your mouth shut in regards to your comment of you thinking I won't pay up.

And buzzpaff, you've mentioned twice something in regards to having a bet in this. Did I miss a post of yours because you're not on my list of bets against me. Correct me if I'm wrong.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
Nareed
Nareed
July 10th, 2012 at 9:18:17 AM permalink
Quote: MakingBook

I caught hell from many for predicting HB's failure and also predicted she will not pay. Both predictions will prove to be accurate.

Since you're so sure, you should give me 10 to 1 odds.

I'll put up $10 against your $100 to the effect that either 1) Hot Blonde does meet her goal at the weigh-in or 2) She pays up if she doesn't.

How about it?

Of course, I have no reason to believe you'll pay me if you lose, but I'm willing to take the chance.
MakingBook
MakingBook
July 10th, 2012 at 10:18:41 AM permalink

MakingBook, it's people like you who cause me to not want to participate in the forum any more. I'm guessing you didn't even read through this entire thread otherwise you would've kept your mouth shut in regards to your comment of you thinking I won't pay up.

I've been here since the beginning; read the whole thing.

You made this a public thing. Why does everybody have to be a cheerleader?

Here is the post that made me a "bad guy."

Earlier I said the odds should be 50-1 minimum. Upon further review, I'd estimate 100-1 would be more realistic. Laying 9-1 looks too easy. Very little chance someone weighing 250 immediately has the pride or discipline to return to a normal weight in such a short period of time. People that weigh 250 get that way due to lack of pride, laziness, and little or no discipline. People do not change what they are just because the calendar changes from Dec 31 to Jan 1. Reason why I will not take the bet, you ask? Here's why:

1) This is a internet forum. I'm supposed to take a bet real dollars with someone I've never met? Are you nuts?

2) Sounds like a scam to me. How can this be verified? Maybe HB doesn't currently weigh 250? Maybe she already weighs 160. Maybe she has a twin sister, or a look-a-like that currently weighs 160?

3) How do we know HB isn't going to cheat via surgery, or liposuction? I'm supposed to take the word of a stranger 2,000 miles away? No thanks.

4) Most likely outcomes- people that take the bet will win and not be paid; or people that take the bet will be scammed and lose $900.

Remember people, the human race is divided into two groups- the suckers and the sharps.

Sorry to be so harsh- it's just my honest opinion.

HotBlonde
HotBlonde
July 10th, 2012 at 10:27:52 AM permalink

Why does everybody have to be a cheerleader?

I don't believe that everyone has to be a cheerleader at all. But when you say things like you are so confident that I will not pay that is pretty damn bold for you to accuse me of not being an honest person. Why would you assume that I wouldn't pay? Especially after I made it clear that I would and said that I was no longer going to continue defending myself on the matter? Cuz you have a gut instinct? Do you always assume negatively, especially when it comes to someone elses character?
MakingBook
MakingBook
July 10th, 2012 at 10:48:44 AM permalink

I don't believe that everyone has to be a cheerleader at all. But when you say things like you are so confident that I will not pay that is pretty damn bold for you to accuse me of not being an honest person. Why would you assume that I wouldn't pay? Especially after I made it clear that I would and said that I was no longer going to continue defending myself on the matter? Cuz you have a gut instinct? Do you always assume negatively, especially when it comes to someone elses character?

I remember reading about you not paying your debts (medical debts I believe).

People that don't pay past debts, won't pay future debts. You tell me someone's
FICO score and that's all I need to know. How the hell do you think we got into this
mortgage/housing crisis?

But even before that I predicted you wouldn't pay. Now that I know you also have a history on not paying,
it just reinforced my original instincts.

I'm not going to comment any further. I hope you prove me wrong.....really. People deserve to get their money.
Nareed
Nareed
July 10th, 2012 at 10:57:27 AM permalink

You made this a public thing. Why does everybody have to be a cheerleader?

Because HB is trying to do a good thing and that deserves encouragement and support. You don't have to cheer for her, but if you're not going to help you should stay out. Perhaps you have nothing to gain by someone else losing weight and adopting positive lifestyle changes. But I'll be dammned if I see how you have something to gain if Hot Blonde fails.
bigfoot66
bigfoot66
  • Threads: 54
July 10th, 2012 at 11:06:33 AM permalink

I am with you here. On the one hand, you did make this public on an internet forum where people are known to behave at their worst. On the other hand, people seem to be discussing it as though you were a celebrity or, at least, not reading their comments. It makes me a bit uncomfortable. As I noted on your blog, I am much heavier than you and have been losing weight for about a year, I am now down 88 lbs. I am not willing to post my starting weight or pictures. I am not willing to own up to the fact publicily that there are weeks during the last year where I gained 4 or 5 lbs and be subject to people commenting about how that proved I was lazy and couldnt possibly do it, or comments about how the fact that I had gotten so big in the first place proved that I have no pride in myself. But you have continued to lose the lbs. I am very impressed and happy for you.

God Bless ya HotBlonde. Go get 'em. I can't wait to watch EvenBob have to eat crow when you make it. :)
Vote for Nobody 2020!
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
July 10th, 2012 at 11:08:25 AM permalink

She is counting on people feeling sorry for her and excusing the bet. Wizards offer will force others to follow suit, or they be considered horrible people like myself.

Just so it is clear, I never offered to let her out of the bet for free. However, in her latest blog entry she mentioned back problems, and I don't want her to put her health in danger to win the bet. So, I said I'm willing to negotiate a settlement offer. HB has not asked me for a price so I assume she is confident of winning and collecting the full amount.
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
July 10th, 2012 at 11:08:53 AM permalink
I've stayed out of it, but read a lot of it.

HB, if you do it, I'll be the first to say CONGRATULATIONS!, even if I'm not the first to type it out.

If you don't, hell, you still did a great thing, and the cost to you will be a hell of a lot less than a 6 month health camp. And CONGRATULATIONS! will still be in order.

You can't lose. Just money, and money is transient.

I'm sorry to read about your pain. I had a bulging disc pinching a nerve, and 6 weeks of physical therapy took care of it. Heat, relaxation therapy (massage, stretching, and and manipulation), kegeling, stationary bike. I think you'll be able to work through it and reach your goal.
A falling knife has no handle.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
July 10th, 2012 at 11:49:53 AM permalink

And buzzpaff, you've mentioned twice something in regards to having a bet in this. Did I miss a post of yours because you're not on my list of bets against me. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I got 9 to 1 from SOOPOO on my $10. This was after your back trouble. I know a winner when I see one. GO GIRL GO !!!
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
July 10th, 2012 at 11:51:50 AM permalink
Hell, now thank I think about it, rather than donating my winning to charity, I will kick in for the needed cosmetic surgery.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
July 10th, 2012 at 3:41:57 PM permalink

I remember reading about you not paying your debts (medical debts I believe).

People that don't pay past debts, won't pay future debts. You tell me someone's
FICO score and that's all I need to know. How the hell do you think we got into this
mortgage/housing crisis?

But even before that I predicted you wouldn't pay. Now that I know you also have a history on not paying,
it just reinforced my original instincts.

I'm not going to comment any further. I hope you prove me wrong.....really. People deserve to get their money.

Well again you must not have read through this entire thread. I had stated that I had no credit card debt because I had paid it all off and mentioned that my landlord was impressed by my credit when I just moved in here recently. You are wrong to accuse me of not paying my medical debts, no where did I say I never paid medical debts that I owe nor did I ever say that I wasn't going to pay any medical obligations that I am responsible for. The only thing I said is that I felt bad not having money to pay up front when I check in to the ER. Some of you took that and ran with it, using it as an excuse to accuse me of not honoring my debts. Your logic is way off. So please don't use me and my life as a reason to cause drama on the forum. You are all grown men who are behaving badly. Maybe you all should consider acting like gentlemen rather than picking on me for your own fun.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
July 10th, 2012 at 3:58:22 PM permalink

I got 9 to 1 from SOOPOO on my $10. This was after your back trouble. I know a winner when I see one. GO GIRL GO !!!

I will check back, but I may have even given you 12 to 1!!!
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
July 10th, 2012 at 4:12:55 PM permalink
No need to check it was 9 to 1, generous at the time I thought !
Nareed
Nareed
July 10th, 2012 at 4:19:16 PM permalink
Quote: bigfoot66

As I noted on your blog, I am much heavier than you and have been losing weight for about a year, I am now down 88 lbs. I am not willing to post my starting weight or pictures.

Now I'm going to feel bad whenever I complain about my weight loss. I didn't note my starting weight, exactly, but I have a good notion of what it was. Anyway, such weeks as I can get regular exercise, I can even eat some junk food and still lose some kilograms for that period. Getting regular exercise si antoher matter, but I won't complain about it now....

Oh, you can all see a "before" picture in the GLBT section under the thread "Viva Las Vegas!" Also a few much nicer "after" pictures.

Quote:

God Bless ya HotBlonde. Go get 'em. I can't wait to watch EvenBob have to eat crow when you make it. :)

Amen :)
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
July 10th, 2012 at 4:23:05 PM permalink
I have a feeling crow is a regular meal at Bob's house. But you must give him credit. He never backs off from telling you exactly where he stands on any issue. We could use a lot more Bob's on this forum !
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
July 10th, 2012 at 4:33:05 PM permalink
The funny thing is Bob was totally rooting on my side for most of the challenge but per your guys' comments it sounds like he switched sides. Is this true? I ask cuz although I've been involved in most of this thread I stepped out the weekend after my birthday and am now jumping in again (but I'm not making any commitment to stay involved in this thread). I gotta tell you it really stung to get a text message from SOOPOO on my birthday, not even once saying happy birthday, but telling me I needed to jump on the thread and comment about all the commotion going on that SOOPOO himself started. That was the last straw. I lost hope in there being any integrity on this site from that point forward.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
July 10th, 2012 at 4:38:07 PM permalink
Hot Blonde, concentrate on the task at hand. SOOPOO's heart was definitely in the right place when this thread started. I see nothing to change my opinion of a man ( hope he doesn't get mad ) who was willing to risk his money and time in hopes that he might lose this bet. Integrity is in the eye of the beholder , as is beauty. I believe his integrity is on a scale equal to your beauty.
  • Jump to: