Thread Rating:

SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
July 10th, 2012 at 5:16:48 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

The funny thing is Bob was totally rooting on my side for most of the challenge but per your guys' comments it sounds like he switched sides. Is this true? I ask cuz although I've been involved in most of this thread I stepped out the weekend after my birthday and am now jumping in again (but I'm not making any commitment to stay involved in this thread). I gotta tell you it really stung to get a text message from SOOPOO on my birthday, not even once saying happy birthday, but telling me I needed to jump on the thread and comment about all the commotion going on that SOOPOO himself started. That was the last straw. I lost hope in there being any integrity on this site from that point forward.

Sorry. Happy belated birthday.
Woldus
Woldus
  • Threads: 14
July 11th, 2012 at 5:43:45 AM permalink

I lost hope in there being any integrity on this site from that point forward.

I'd appreciate having this statement "unpacked" a little.

Are you saying the Wizard has no integrity? Father Gamble? [I'd mention the other 10-15 posters I enjoy reading, but my point is already made - sorry :) ]

I guess please mark me down as a "bad guy" because I don't think you'll make it. The upside for me if you do win is that you'll be one less person dragging my health insurance premiums into the shitter.
P90
P90
  • Threads: 12
July 11th, 2012 at 6:49:32 AM permalink

The funny thing is Bob was totally rooting on my side for most of the challenge but per your guys' comments it sounds like he switched sides. Is this true?

You weren't acting particularly nice throughout some parts of the thread, and that can cause people to switch their position.
Resist ANFO Boston PRISM Stormfront IRA Freedom CIA Obama
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 117
July 12th, 2012 at 12:44:31 PM permalink
Quote: P90

You weren't acting particularly nice throughout some parts of the thread, and that can cause people to switch their position.

Well that just another example of a lack of integrity. He said from the get go that he thought I could hit the goal. So now hat he doesn't like me any more he all of a sudden doesn't think I can do it? Makes no sense.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
July 12th, 2012 at 5:02:05 PM permalink

Well that just another example of a lack of integrity. He said from the get go that he thought I could hit the goal. So now hat he doesn't like me any more he all of a sudden doesn't think I can do it? Makes no sense.

HB, EvenBob's change has nothing to do with 'integrity'. He was presented with new information, which was your temporary abandonment of your diet while in Las Vegas, and thus he changed his opinion. You clearly have no idea what the word integrity means.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
July 12th, 2012 at 5:37:30 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

HB, EvenBob's change has nothing to do with 'integrity'. He was presented with new information, which was your temporary abandonment of your diet while in Las Vegas, and thus he changed his opinion. You clearly have no idea what the word integrity means.

Scott, I asked why he changed sides and i was told it was due to comments I had made about him, hence my integrity comment. That would fit the definition of a lack of integrity. You continue to insult me. I guess you must not know what the word insult means cuz you do it constantly.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
July 12th, 2012 at 6:04:16 PM permalink
I don't think going off your diet for a week means a lack of integrity.

INTEGRITY adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
July 12th, 2012 at 6:14:41 PM permalink
Quote: buzzpaff

I don't think going off your diet for a week means a lack of integrity.

INTEGRITY adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.

buzz, we weren't talkin about my lack of integrity, I was talking about people on the site and in this most recent examole Bob.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
July 12th, 2012 at 6:16:45 PM permalink
Proving once again that although I am not blonde, I can occasionally be DUMB. LOL
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
July 12th, 2012 at 7:52:08 PM permalink

Proving once again that although I am not blonde, I can occasionally be DUMB. LOL

You're not dumb, you're the nicest person to me in the forum! :)
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
July 13th, 2012 at 9:11:10 AM permalink

Scott, I asked why he changed sides and i was told it was due to comments I had made about him, hence my integrity comment. That would fit the definition of a lack of integrity. You continue to insult me. I guess you must not know what the word insult means cuz you do it constantly.

Do you ever stop whining? You are treated with kid gloves on this forum and you've gotten a pass on every personal insult you've hurled as well as your profanity and vulgarity. Now you're complaining because someone on an internet forum forgot your birthday and because not everyone's opinion agrees with yours.

I don't know why you treat SOOPOO the way you do but if I were he I would wash my hands of you.

I wish you the very best in all your challenges.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
July 13th, 2012 at 9:19:11 AM permalink
This thread should be re-named Days Of Our Lives. What a soap opera. If you have a piece of the action, just wait until the weigh-in.
Not Hot Blonde's fault you can no longer get OPRAH on your local channel.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
July 13th, 2012 at 9:22:25 AM permalink

This thread should be re-named Days Of Our Lives. What a soap opera. If you have a piece of the action, just wait until the weigh-in.

DirectTV subscriber, I have Comcast. You should switch if they are available and you are not locked into a 237-year non-terminable upon death contract.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
July 13th, 2012 at 9:30:40 AM permalink
That fine if you do not live in a one horse town. No Comcast available here and Direct TV does not carry local channels.

Why do I live here ? Because my 3 daughters live here. and my 8 granddaughters. I am so trapped. LOL
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
July 13th, 2012 at 10:42:44 AM permalink

Everytime I visit this thread "American Woman" starts playing in my head.
100% risk of ruin
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
July 13th, 2012 at 11:29:45 AM permalink
American woman, stay away from me
American woman, mama let me be
Don't come hanging around my door
I don't want to see your face no more
I got more important things to do
Than spend my time growin' old with you
Now woman, stay away
American woman, listen what I say

American woman, get away from me
Don't come knocking around my door
I don't want to see your shadow no more
Colored lights can hypnotize
Sparkle someone else's eyes
Now woman, get away
American woman, I said get way
Don't come hanging around my door
Don't want to see your face no more
I don't need your war machines
I don't need your ghetto scenes
Colored lights can hypnotize
Sparkle someone else's eyes
Now woman, get away
American woman, stay away from me

I gotta go
I gotta get away
Think I gotta go
I wanna fly away
I'm gonna leave you woman
Bye bye, bye bye
Bye bye, bye bye
American woman
You're no good for me
I'm no good for you
Looking at you right in the eye
Tell you what I'm gonna do
You know I gotta go
I gotta go
I gotta go

I gotta go
American woman
Yeah
MakingBook
MakingBook
  • Threads: 24
July 13th, 2012 at 11:59:17 AM permalink
Quote: 1BB

Do you ever stop whining? You are treated with kid gloves on this forum and you've gotten a pass on every personal insult you've hurled as well as your profanity and vulgarity. Now you're complaining because someone on an internet forum forgot your birthday and because not everyone's opinion agrees with yours.

I don't know why you treat SOOPOO the way you do but if I were he I would wash my hands of you.

I wish you the very best in all your challenges.

Who else on this site can type YOU'RE AN A##HOLE, and not get suspended? Unbelievable!

Being overweight is the least of her problems; she has some serious psychological issues.

She isn't going to make weight. And everyone will excuse her from paying. She seems like the kind of person that has been treated like a baby her entire life.

And the beat goes on......
"I am a man devoured by the passion for gambling." --Dostoevsky, 1871
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
July 13th, 2012 at 12:11:34 PM permalink
See what has happened to otherwise nice people since OPRAH has gone off the air !
Mission146
Mission146
July 13th, 2012 at 1:50:18 PM permalink

See what has happened to otherwise nice people since OPRAH has gone off the air !

I think they started watching Jerry instead.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
July 13th, 2012 at 2:40:00 PM permalink
Quote: MakingBook

She isn't going to make weight. And everyone will excuse her from paying.

I can tell you that the majority of the bettors will not excuse her from paying if she loses. I will not. As stated a thousand posts ago or so, I will donate my share to a charity, and will report that to the forum.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
July 13th, 2012 at 5:34:36 PM permalink
SHUP UP AND WAIT FOR THE WEIGH-IN YOU ALL KNOW WHO I MEAN !

Or offer 100 to 1 , since you are so sure she will fail.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
July 13th, 2012 at 7:09:09 PM permalink

SHUP UP AND WAIT FOR THE WEIGH-IN YOU ALL KNOW WHO I MEAN !

Or offer 100 to 1 , since you are so sure she will fail.

Buzz- those that are 'sure' she will fail are equally 'sure' she will not pay up. Are you willing to guarantee any future bets?
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
July 13th, 2012 at 9:14:13 PM permalink
OK I will cut my offer. Anybody "sure" offering 50 to 1. If not, shut up!

And sure she will not pay up if she loses? Wish i had that sort of insight. LOSERS.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
July 14th, 2012 at 5:11:29 AM permalink

OK I will cut my offer. Anybody "sure" offering 50 to 1. If not, shut up!

And sure she will not pay up if she loses? Wish i had that sort of insight. LOSERS.

I'm calling you out, Buzz! You call the doubters (by the way, I am NOT one of them) losers. If you are so sure she will pay if she loses why not say "If she doesn't, I will cover her bets?"
As stated many times, I expect all the members who bet against HB to pay up if HB is a svelte 160.6 or lower, and I expect HB to pay up if she is a rotund 161 or higher.

By the way, HB, at the beginning of this I told you I would take you out for a nice dinner on the 17th as a celebration of the end of the challenge, win or lose. With your general disdain for me, as it appears, do you still want that dinner? If not let me know and I will make other dinner plans.
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
July 14th, 2012 at 8:04:55 AM permalink
Quote: MakingBook

Who else on this site can type YOU'RE AN A##HOLE, and not get suspended? Unbelievable!

Being overweight is the least of her problems; she has some serious psychological issues.

She isn't going to make weight. And everyone will excuse her from paying. She seems like the kind of person that has been treated like a baby her entire life.

And the beat goes on......

You've come up with "serious psychological issues" based on those comments.
rainman
rainman
July 14th, 2012 at 8:15:35 AM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

You've come up with "serious psychological issues" based on those comments.

Hmmm... If that's all it takes for a diagnosis, I may very well be a total wing nut :)
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
July 14th, 2012 at 8:48:05 AM permalink
Just to clarify, I have to weigh 160.8 or less at weigh in, not 160.6. And my personal goal is 136 not 138.

SOOPOO, if can you explain to me why you said that I requested a postponement of my weigh in when 1) I never made such a request and 2) even after you asked me if I wanted a postponement I told you SEVERAL times no? You bring up my disdainment but my only conclusion is that you lied to stir up trouble. Like I said before, it was either you making that part up to stir up the forum or you had a very hard time understanding me clearly when I told you NO several times when you asked me if I wanted to postpone. Since I think you don't lack in intelligence and comprehension the only conclusion I can come to is that you said that I requested a postponement to cause drama. You know that all I did was ASK you if you thought we should postpone the challenge because I could lose based on my back issue which you said could be permanent back damage. Please explain how it went from me telling you over and over again that I didn't want to postpone the challenge to you posting that I requested this through you. You asked me if you could ask the forum what they thought about a postponement due to my medical issues, but I never once said that that's what I wanted to do, and again told you SEVERAL times that I didn't want to make a postponement when you kept asking. Funny that you posted that at the beginning of my birthday weekend knowing that I'd likely not be checking into the forum for a couple of days. I just want you to explain yourself.
Mission146
Mission146
July 14th, 2012 at 9:33:39 AM permalink
I hope that you win, HotBlonde, FWIW. I have nothing riding on it. Just remember, if you do lose, that money is temporary and fleeting, but your health may be improved for the rest of your life. The tracking that goes on along with this challenge seems to put you exactly on pace to win/lose, within a pound or two.

I'm not putting money on this either way, but if I were so inclined, I'd lay 2:1 on your success. You're on pace now, and I don't think people are considering a big push in the final week if it is close. Lots of treadmill/pool/sauna time in that final week. Extremely strict diet is a possibility for the final week, as well. If you were still exactly on pace that final week, you could just do the above and drink a crapload of water, (except the day before/that day) and come in at five pounds under just to give yourself a safety net.

In short, I think you have it in the bag. I would only make a weight-based bet on my own weight because I am not interested on betting on another person's weight, but I will tell you this, I think I'd be stealing from people only laying 2:1 at this point. You're almost a sure thing.

Last thing, not to be gross, but an enema the day before also probably wouldn't hurt. The return is worth the investment of the enema and a stack of magazines.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
July 14th, 2012 at 9:40:20 AM permalink

If you are so sure she will pay if she loses why not say "If she doesn't, I will cover her bets?"

On the one hand, Buzz wants to profit from a sure thing. On the other, you suggest he give Hot Blonde an out.

I don't see why Buzz should consider entertaining the possibility of seriously considering the second option. After all, it's unlikely HB would take an out if offered one.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
July 14th, 2012 at 10:21:43 AM permalink
Let me be clear that I have absolutely no intentions of not giving it my all till the morning of October 17th when I have my final weigh in. For those of you who know what the "80/20 rule" is, 80% of this is in my control and I don't plan on getting in my own way. I've only been eating 1032 calories or so per day with no hunger issues. I've also been on pills for the last few days to take care of my back pain so I can make it to the gym and work out. One of the medications I'm on is Dilaudid which is ten times stronger than morphine. Unfortunately I'll be running out of that medication in a few days but I got a prescription for Vicodin as a backup. I'm a freight train on full speed and the only thing that could derail me is an even bigger freight train. Luckily my back is under control and I continue to succeed despite my back or my still present dropped foot. Lol, sounds like I'm falling apart but I'm keeping it under control. I'm actually on the elliptical now as I write this. This is my fourth visit here since thursday and I plan on coming back again to tonight before the gym closes. I plan on doing a 2-a-day again tomorrow whichll make my total workout count 7 times over a 4 day period (8 total for the week).

Thank you to those of you who are rooting for me. I can't even imagine not winning this challenge!
Switch
Switch
  • Threads: 12
July 14th, 2012 at 10:52:35 AM permalink
Looks as though this will be close but that you have it all in hand HB.

Congrat's on getting this far regardless on how you finish ... I'll be in Vegas in October with my cash ready.
FrGamble
FrGamble
  • Threads: 27
July 15th, 2012 at 6:07:47 AM permalink
All this talk about different drugs, enemas (really?), and somewhat fanatically workouts continue to have me concerned. I'm sorry that I might sound like a broken record but I am more and more uncomfortable with this whole thing. I thought the purpose of this whole bet was to inspire HB to get healthy. If you read her last post it seems like the opposite is happening. I feel like we are all watching a freight train wreck and enjoying it more than we should.

Dear HB my whole reason for rooting you on is to get healthy. I've been chastised by suggesting I would let you out of my part of the bet, so let me say that if you can't do this without hurting yourself and doing crazy things than I am sure we could get a couple people of the forum to help you pay off your bets so it won't be too hard financially on you. Please continue to lose weight but please also care for yourself and get healthy in body, mind, and soul.
rainman
rainman
July 15th, 2012 at 6:29:11 AM permalink
Here is a link to the ted forest mike matasow weight loss bet for 2 million. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/poker/columns/story?columnist=wise_gary&id=5449689
Mission146
Mission146
July 15th, 2012 at 7:47:30 AM permalink
Quote:

Because colonic peristalsis occurs only intermittently (one to three times per day), unlike the continual rhythmic contractions of the small intestine, the colon cleanse can be used safely and with regularity without disrupting a healthy peristaltic rhythm.

In my clinical work, most people benefit greatly from cleansing their colon at least one time per month. If you are chronically ill or working through a therapeutic program which involves a lifestyle change, you may find taking an enema series up to once a day is important.

http://www.enemabag.com/how_often_to_take_enemas.html

See?

An enema never hurt anyone, you're supposed to use them regularly, check Google if you don't believe me. It seems that many place suggest once/month, but I tend to go with once for every three months or so.

I also did not suggest that she do any twelve hours/day of exercise or anything like that. I just said that, if it is close, exercise more.
Woldus
Woldus
  • Threads: 14
July 15th, 2012 at 8:01:21 AM permalink

I expect all the members who bet against HB to pay up if HB is a svelte 160.6 or lower, and I expect HB to pay up if she is a rotund 161 or higher.

Let's be serious....

Svelte...
1.Attractively thin; gracefully slender
Used mainly as a compliment, whereas words like thin, scrawny and skinny could be used in negative connotations.

160.8 is not svelte. 136 would be pretty close, though.
zippyboy
zippyboy
  • Threads: 2
July 15th, 2012 at 9:13:32 AM permalink
HotBlonde: I'd like to encourage you to read a fantastic series of easy-to-read books called Eat This, Not That which can help in a lifestyle change like yours. They're small in size (pocket or purse-sized), full of photos, humor, graphs and comparisons. There must be about 10+ in the series now, like a restaurant survival guide, supermarket survival, kitchen survival, etc. Also Drink This, Not That about staying away from sugary drinks on the shelf, like Vitamin Water, which has 32 grams of sugar in each bottle. Nasty!

Bottom line: drink nothing but tap water, and lots of it, during this time and you'll be losing lots of weight. It's free and available everywhere. Also, as author Michael Pollan says "Eat food, not too much, mostly leaves." He has several sensible books out about eating healthier that you can pick up at your local library. His 7 Rules for Eating is so good I'm just going to paste it here for everyone:

• Don't eat anything your great grandmother wouldn't recognize as food. "When you pick up that box of portable yogurt tubes, or eat something with 15 ingredients you can't pronounce, ask yourself, "What are those things doing there?" Pollan says.
• Don’t eat anything with more than five ingredients, or ingredients you can't pronounce.
• Stay out of the middle of the supermarket; shop on the perimeter of the store. Real food tends to be on the outer edge of the store near the loading docks, where it can be replaced with fresh foods when it goes bad.
• Don't eat anything that won't eventually rot. "There are exceptions -- honey -- but as a rule, things like Twinkies that never go bad aren't food," Pollan says.
• It is not just what you eat but how you eat. "Always leave the table a little hungry," Pollan says. "Many cultures have rules that you stop eating before you are full. In Japan, they say eat until you are four-fifths full. Islamic culture has a similar rule, and in German culture they say, 'Tie off the sack before it's full.'"
• Families traditionally ate together, around a table and not a TV, at regular meal times. It's a good tradition. Enjoy meals with the people you love. "Remember when eating between meals felt wrong?" Pollan asks.
• Don't buy food where you buy your gasoline. In the U.S., 20% of food is eaten in the car.

Another example is milk. No idea if you're a milk drinker, but if you do drink whole milk, switch to 2%, then 1% and finally skim, and after a while, you'll be disgusted by all that slimy mouthfeel you used to get in whole milk and wonder why you drank whole for so long. That rule can apply to fast food, alcohol, red meat, etc.

Good luck HB! Even if you don't make the deadline, keep at it anyway! Once you're svelte again, your energy level will be through the roof, you'll wake up fresh every day and this self-imposed little contest thread will be years behind you and won't matter anyway. A lifestyle change is not a fad diet. Read those books!
"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."
MakingBook
MakingBook
  • Threads: 24
July 15th, 2012 at 9:48:14 AM permalink
Last year, a friend of mine dropped 32 pounds (and has kept it off), by following ONE RULE-

Only eat while standing.
"I am a man devoured by the passion for gambling." --Dostoevsky, 1871
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
July 15th, 2012 at 10:19:27 AM permalink

I've only been eating 1032 calories or so per day with no hunger issues.

The meal Ribs and More Ribs at Buffalo Wild Wings id 2,380 calories, 158 gram fat, with saturated fat of 58 grams. It weighs in at a full pound.

I have to hand it to you keeping to this kind of diet.

Quote: 1000 calorie meal

TOTAL CALORIES ~1000
Breakfast-Apple Oatmeal
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup skimmed milk
2 oz (1/3 cup) oatmeal (rolled oats)
1/2 an apple (grated)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Bring the water, oats, and half the milk to the boil. Continue to boil whilst stirring (for 5 minutes), and add grated apple. Add further milk to cool.

Snack- Small handful of unsalted nuts (almonds, walnuts, brazil nuts, etc).

Lunch- Scrambled Egg on Toast

1 large egg
1 tbsp fat-free milk
1 slice whole wheat bread
1/2 oz low-fat shredded cheese
Beat egg with the milk and scramble in a non-stick pan or microwave, Toast the bread, top with scrambled eggs and cheese.

Dinner-
1/2 avocado, sliced
2 oz cooked chicken, chopped
2 cups shredded lettuce
6 cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup sliced red pepper
1 thinly sliced red onion
1 tbsp low-fat dressing

Mission146
Mission146
July 15th, 2012 at 10:41:48 AM permalink
Before everyone's opinion of Vitamin Water is unfairly colored, I would just like to briefly mention that Vitamin Water Zero packs all of the Vitamins and Nutrients, All of the great taste you expect from Vitamin Water, and none of the sugar or calories.

Don't forget to drink Vitamin Water Zero, you'll be glad you did!
Nareed
Nareed
July 15th, 2012 at 11:22:49 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Before everyone's opinion of Vitamin Water is unfairly colored,

Colored? It's chock-full of dihydrogen monoxide! Do you know that's an industrial solvent?
zippyboy
zippyboy
  • Threads: 2
July 15th, 2012 at 11:58:59 AM permalink

Before everyone's opinion of Vitamin Water is unfairly colored, I would just like to briefly mention that Vitamin Water Zero packs all of the Vitamins and Nutrients, All of the great taste you expect from Vitamin Water, and none of the sugar or calories.

Don't forget to drink Vitamin Water Zero, you'll be glad you did!

Who cares? You shouldn't be buying water at all!!! What a waste of money! You're paying 5-10 cents an ounce for bottled, versus 1 penny per gallon for tap, and tap is cleaner than what you get in a bottle.

Don't forget that municipal water supplies (even in Las Vegas, which everyone seems to think is untasty) are regulated by the EPA, so it's highly regulated and tested. Bottled water is watched over by the FDA and has no regulation at all. That's why we see so many outlandish claims on those bottles like artisian well water, from the mountains of Iceland, oxygenated, etc. and Coca Cola Company never gets fined for those claims. EPA dictates NO fecal-coliform bacteria in tap water, but no such rule exists from the FDA for bottled. Infact, in independent lab tests, bottled water has been found to contain fecal-coliform, arsenic, chlorine, toluene and other toxins that leech into the water from the plastic. You don't really think Coca Cola REALLY ships in clean water from springs in Iceland just to fill its bottles do you? It's using the exact same water it uses to make Coke, but without the caffeine, carbonation and caramel color, but you're paying just as much for it! All those plastic bottles get shipped to you from hundreds of miles away, adding to the cost. Also, while the bottles are ideal for recycling, 80% go right into the trash and into the landfills.

Only reason to drink bottled is if you're vacationing in a country with no regulated water supply. For those who complain about the high costs of gas right now, think of what you're paying for bottled water, a totally unnecessary expense. It's the biggest scam ever perpetrated against the gullible public. When Perrier mineral water hit our shores from France in the 70's or so, it was seen as chic and healthy, and came in little green bottles. Now, people spend more for NON-mineral, NON-carbonated, just plain ol' water! Why??? Think about it.
"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
  • Threads: 7
July 15th, 2012 at 12:02:46 PM permalink
Quote: zippyboy

Who cares? You shouldn't be buying water at all!!! What a waste of money! You're paying 5-10 cents an ounce for bottled, versus 1 penny per gallon for tap, and tap is cleaner than what you get in a bottle.

Don't forget that municipal water supplies (even in Las Vegas, which everyone seems to think is untasty) are regulated by the EPA, so it's highly regulated and tested. Bottled water is watched over by the FDA and has no regulation at all. That's why we see so many outlandish claims on those bottles like artisian well water, from the mountains of Iceland, oxygenated, etc. and Coca Cola Company never gets fined for those claims. EPA dictates NO fecal-coliform bacteria in tap water, but no such rule exists from the FDA for bottled. Infact, in independent lab tests, bottled water has been found to contain fecal-coliform, arsenic, chlorine, toluene and other toxins that leech into the water from the plastic. You don't really think Coca Cola REALLY ships in clean water from springs in Iceland just to fill its bottles do you? It's using the exact same water it uses to make Coke, but without the caffeine, carbonation and caramel color, but you're paying just as much for it! All those plastic bottles get shipped to you from hundreds of miles away, adding to the cost. Also, while the bottles are ideal for recycling, 80% go right into the trash and into the landfills.

Only reason to drink bottled is if you're vacationing in a country with no regulated water supply. For those who complain about the high costs of gas right now, think of what you're paying for bottled water, a totally unnecessary expense. It's the biggest scam ever perpetrated against the gullible public. When Perrier mineral water hit our shores from France in the 70's or so, it was seen as chic and healthy, and came in little green bottles. Now, people spend more for NON-mineral, NON-carbonated, just plain ol' water! Why??? Think about it.

Vitamin Water is like Gatorade. It is a fruit-flavored beverage, not just water with vitamins added.
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
Mission146
Mission146
July 15th, 2012 at 12:19:08 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

Colored? It's chock-full of dihydrogen monoxide! Do you know that's an industrial solvent?

I am not seeing anything-monoxide on a sample of five different flavvors. Besides, it will help you tremendously should you ever swallow paint.
Nareed
Nareed
July 15th, 2012 at 12:23:31 PM permalink

I am not seeing anything-monoxide on a sample of five different flavvors.

Oh, it's there. I'll bet you a thousand dollars that, by volume, any full bottle of the stuff is mostly dihydrogen monoxide. I will warn you it's a sucker bet.

Quote:

Besides, it will help you tremendously should you ever swallow paint.

Dihydrogen monoxide? It might, at that. It's also an industrial cleaner, aside from being found in cancer cells :P
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
July 15th, 2012 at 12:28:05 PM permalink

I am not seeing anything-monoxide on a sample of five different flavvors. Besides, it will help you tremendously should you ever swallow paint.

Nareed is being a dork. He is referring to water. The chemical structure of water is two hydrogen atoms bound to one oxygen atom.
Mission146
Mission146
July 15th, 2012 at 12:28:14 PM permalink
In one bottle of Vitamin Water Zero Squeezed Lemonade:

25% Vitamin A

10% Calcium

100% Niacin

100% Vitamin B12

10% Magnesium

100% Vitamin C

25% Vitamin E

100% Vitamin B6

100% Pantothenic Acid

25% Zinc

Vitamin Water Zero, packed full of Vitamins, Minerals and Nutrients will help you ensure a strong, healthy and fit life with all of the flavor, and NONE of the calories or sugar found in most Vitamin-Enhanced Water Beverages.

Vitamin Water is currently on sale at your local Kroger store for $0.75/bottle, 20oz. Bottle.

That's only $0.0375 an ounce.

It sounds like a great time to stock up to me!

Be strong, be healthy, be refreshed, be energized.

Don't forget to drink Vitamin Water Zero!
Mission146
Mission146
July 15th, 2012 at 12:32:18 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

Dihydrogen monoxide? It might, at that. It's also an industrial cleaner, aside from being found in cancer cells :P

Industrial cleaner? God only knows how many dirty and germy things we accidentally ingest! Tell me it also serves as an anti-bacterial disinfectant, and I will triple my daily intake!

All of the disinfectant, none of the self-induced vomitting or stomach-pumping! It's officially better than sucking down a bottle of Clorox, folks!
Mission146
Mission146
July 15th, 2012 at 12:34:48 PM permalink

Nareed is being a dork. He is referring to water. The chemical structure of water is two hydrogen atoms bound to one oxygen atom.

Oh!!!

Great one, Nareed! I have always sucked at Science. That's hilarious!
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
July 16th, 2012 at 12:03:41 AM permalink

Vitamin Water is currently on sale at your local Kroger store for $0.75/bottle, 20oz. Bottle.

This is false. I don't have a local Kroger.

Don't forget to drink Vitamin Water Zero!

Jesus man, do you work for this company? Or own way too much stock in them?
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
July 16th, 2012 at 12:36:55 AM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

This is false. I don't have a local Kroger.

QFC is a Kroger company and they have them for $0.75/bottle, 20oz. Bottle with a club card.
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
  • Jump to: