Thread Rating:

petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
March 4th, 2019 at 12:48:02 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Diesel to start a fire? Never heard of that. Not the best accelerant I would think.

You have to mix a little gas in with it, the diesel raises the octane of the gas and makes it burn longer and hotter. It's like homemade kerosene. Strait gasoline just flares off.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
Thanked by
petroglyph
March 4th, 2019 at 1:01:07 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

You have to mix a little gas in with it, the diesel raises the octane of the gas and makes it burn longer and hotter. It's like homemade kerosene. Strait gasoline just flares off.

We used to light up tires with tracers. Once lit they burn all night.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
Thanked by
tringlomane
March 4th, 2019 at 1:02:31 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

There IS no "huge number of real scientists who say man made GW isn't a real thing". That's simply an untruth. Not even "alternative fact". The deniers have no scientific support for their contention.

In "the real world" as some of the people around here like to say, more than a thousand research papers on climate science are published each year. Skeptics merely have to pick some of inevitable missed errors in all that vast resource to cherry pick their latest data point why climate change is wrong.

Most people with the proper background could pull that off. That is generally the real world of climate skepticism. There is healthy debate on details but that is the normal course of science.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
March 4th, 2019 at 1:12:35 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

We used to light up tires with tracers. Once lit they burn all night.

Tires are lousy for a barbecue, but I had a friend who was broke enough he was cutting up tires and burning them in his fireplace at night for heat.
rxwine
rxwine
Thanked by
petroglyphMaxPen
March 4th, 2019 at 1:31:28 PM permalink

Tires are lousy for a barbecue,

Where the rubber meets the rib.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
March 4th, 2019 at 1:49:14 PM permalink

Quote: EvenBob

Believe the skewed lied about numbers,
ignore the huge number of real scientists
who say manmade GW isn't a real thing,
those are the real 2 choices if you want
to be a GW zealot.

Hole in the ground, meet head.

There IS no "huge number of real scientists who say man made GW isn't a real thing". That's simply an untruth. Not even "alternative fact". The deniers have no scientific support for their contention.

Only because you cannot prove a negative.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
MaxPen
MaxPen
March 4th, 2019 at 4:39:03 PM permalink

Tires are lousy for a barbecue, but I had a friend who was broke enough he was cutting up tires and burning them in his fireplace at night for heat.

I'm pretty sure they are toxic. I don't think I'd want that anywhere near my house. They sure do burn a long time once you get them going though.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
March 4th, 2019 at 7:27:42 PM permalink
Covington Kid's Lawyers: Washington Post’s Correction After 41 Days ‘Too Little and Too Late’

That kid is going to end up being
richer than Croesus.

(term alludes to Croesus, the legendary King of Lydia and supposedly the richest man on earth in the 6th century)

You don't do what they, and the media,
did, to a minor and get away with it.
God invented lawyers specifically for
cases like this..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 5th, 2019 at 3:24:03 AM permalink
Ocasio-Cortez leaves parade in 17 mpg minivan — blocks from the subway

Ooops, she did it again!

Just another GW believer that does not live by example.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
March 5th, 2019 at 3:34:33 AM permalink
Laughable nothingburgers hyped to distract from all the Fox News revelations, Trump cheating and media attacks, and witness and document lists Congress has asked for. Too bad the NFL is on hiatus.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
March 5th, 2019 at 3:52:11 AM permalink

Laughable nothingburgers hyped to distract from all the Fox News revelations, Trump cheating and media attacks, and witness and document lists Congress has asked for. Too bad the NFL is on hiatus.

Yes, of course, because everyone is incapable of paying attention to more than one thing at a time.

I have seen plenty of coverage of the items you mentioned. Everyone is well aware that Trump is a man who cheated on his wife. That never happened before. As to the investigation in search of a crime...well, it has gone on for several years now and we shall see if the hearings, Mueller, or the other entities investigation come up with anything more than found so far.

I have already said they may come up with something; I bet most of us have committed something that may well be a crime in our lives. Once they finish their complete exam of President Trump and his family, them finding something would not be a huge shocker. Once they do, then we can all see how serious it is and go from there.

I don't really think the Democrats care as much about finding something as they do about keeping Trump under investigation in order to help them in the 2020 election. Pelosi is orchestrating it; she knows that (at least right now) impeachment is not the answer and is keeping her members that want to head that way right away in check.

Meanwhile, the country is actually in pretty good shape overall and a whole bunch of Democrats think "fundamental change" is the answer.

I do know people have committed crimes, some of them over years and some of them during the investigation. I am specifically talking about crimes by the President. People in the Clinton orbit committed crimes, too, but it was not proven that the Clinton's committed any...and there were a few pardons.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
March 5th, 2019 at 4:14:17 AM permalink
The Trump cheating I'm talking about (oh, yeah, so much of it one has to give sub-headings) are in several categories.

- Cheating on his tax reports vs. Loan applications and wealth claims in valuing his assets.

- Cheating with Fox News feeding him questions (the Megan Kelly question and the Rep party pledge) prior to that primary debate.

- Cheating by trying to use Presidential power to interfere with the normal course of business in the ATT/Time Warner merger.

-None of this negates the appalling adulterous cheating and cover-up (which, in the Stormy instance, Fox News covered up pre-election - so much for them being a legit news org) Trump has committed, but the others are the ones in the news the last couple days.

As to what Mueller has found....nobody knows yet. The absence of a report to date does NOT mean there's nothing to be found. It means they're not done. Period.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
March 5th, 2019 at 4:53:14 AM permalink

Ocasio-Cortez leaves parade in 17 mpg minivan — blocks from the subway

Ooops, she did it again!

One of my favorite things about AOC is that she’s always one step ahead of the bulls**t attacks the righties keep trying to hit her with:

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 5th, 2019 at 5:15:31 AM permalink

The Trump cheating I'm talking about (oh, yeah, so much of it one has to give sub-headings) are in several categories.

- Cheating on his tax reports vs. Loan applications and wealth claims in valuing his assets.

- Cheating with Fox News feeding him questions (the Megan Kelly question and the Rep party pledge) prior to that primary debate.

- Cheating by trying to use Presidential power to interfere with the normal course of business in the ATT/Time Warner merger.

-None of this negates the appalling adulterous cheating and cover-up (which, in the Stormy instance, Fox News covered up pre-election - so much for them being a legit news org) Trump has committed, but the others are the ones in the news the last couple days.

As to what Mueller has found....nobody knows yet. The absence of a report to date does NOT mean there's nothing to be found. It means they're not done. Period.

And your proof of his cheating on his taxes comes from where exactly? You work for the IRS at a high enough level to deal with that kind of return? I didn’t know you were a CPA.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
March 5th, 2019 at 5:45:39 AM permalink

Ooops, she did it again!

I believe in Global warming and yet I drive a full sized Pick Up truck.
On the flip side its pretty high tech to save on gas
Body is not steel, its aluminum, saves about 600 lb of weight for better MPG
Since its lighter, they can put in a smaller engine
My engine is just 6 cylinder 2.7 liters. That's tiny compared to the old V8's
The small engine saves on weight getting better MPG
Its dual turbo charged so it can tow a lot despite its small size
I believe in GW and I love my full sized truck
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
March 5th, 2019 at 5:58:10 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

One of my favorite things about AOC is that she’s always one step ahead of the bulls**t attacks the righties keep trying to hit her with:

She is too much fun but the campaign finance abuse, if true (of course...proof of an actual violation or crime is required), could cause her a few problems.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 5th, 2019 at 6:08:55 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

She is too much fun but the campaign finance abuse, if true (of course...proof of an actual violation or crime is required), could cause her a few problems.

Put me in with those that day she will end up with multiple charges of financial irregularities. She is the type who thinks laws do not apply to her and has expensive habits.
ams288
ams288
March 5th, 2019 at 6:54:06 AM permalink

Put me in with those that day she will end up with multiple charges of financial irregularities. She is the type who thinks laws do not apply to her and has expensive habits.

Sounds like every adult member of the Trump family. (Except for maybe Tiffany?)
ams288
ams288
March 5th, 2019 at 9:44:06 AM permalink
lolololol

EvenBob
EvenBob
March 5th, 2019 at 10:44:57 AM permalink

Put me in with those that day she will end up with multiple charges of financial irregularities.

I predicted this would happen but
was hoping it would take a lot
longer. She's the biggest gift to
the Right in decades.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 5th, 2019 at 11:08:57 AM permalink
Brain Trust Cortez will need at least
3 people to explain this to her.

https://www.scribd.com/document/401081150/AOC-FEC-Complaint-as-Filed
MaxPen
MaxPen
Thanked by
AZDuffmanRogerKintMooseton
March 5th, 2019 at 12:12:45 PM permalink

And your proof of his cheating on his taxes comes from where exactly? You work for the IRS at a high enough level to deal with that kind of return? I didn’t know you were a CPA.

Why are people so interested in a billionaire's tax returns that went into politics? You would think they would be more interested in the tax returns of people who went into politics with nothing and now are millionaires.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 5th, 2019 at 12:17:08 PM permalink

Why are people so interested in a billionaire's tax returns that went into politics? You would think they would be more interested in the tax returns of people who went into politics with nothing and now are millionaires.

EXACTLY! How many on congress are multi-millionaires? On less than $200K per year and lets face it that life is usually high cost.

Trump is probably the only POTUS in modern times to lose money on the deal.
rxwine
rxwine
Thanked by
tringlomane
March 5th, 2019 at 12:56:02 PM permalink

Why are people so interested in a billionaire's tax returns that went into politics?

The ones that elected him sure didn't care.
rxwine
rxwine
March 5th, 2019 at 1:04:22 PM permalink

EXACTLY! How many on congress are multi-millionaires? On less than $200K per year and lets face it that life is usually high cost.

Trump is probably the only POTUS in modern times to lose money on the deal.

Like terapined I'm happy to see any crooks in Congress investigated. Won't save Trumpy though.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 5th, 2019 at 1:09:39 PM permalink
Emergency: Most February Border Crossers in 12 Years

"This presents both a border security and humanitarian crisis at our southwest border, U.S. Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Kevin K. McAleenan said in a press conference on Tuesday afternoon."

Nothing to see here, move on..
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
MaxPen
March 5th, 2019 at 2:05:40 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Why should we?
MaxPen
MaxPen
March 5th, 2019 at 2:10:59 PM permalink

All is right with the world.😀
rxwine
rxwine
Thanked by
ams288
March 5th, 2019 at 2:15:02 PM permalink

Why should we?

Because you're a low information voter otherwise. So sad.
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
March 5th, 2019 at 2:42:37 PM permalink

Why should we?

He obviously made a calculated decision that whatever is in his returns is more damning than the political hit he's taken for not releasing them.

Speaks volumes.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 5th, 2019 at 2:47:27 PM permalink

Because you're a low information voter otherwise. So sad.

Not at all. Please man up and answer instead of calling names. Why should I care about his taxes? He pays them as he should. Big deal.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
March 5th, 2019 at 2:51:30 PM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

He obviously made a calculated decision that whatever is in his returns is more damning than the political hit he's taken for not releasing them.

Speaks volumes.

Yup
the volumes
He pays no taxes
I support the United States with my taxes. Trump does not
Steverinos
Steverinos
March 5th, 2019 at 2:55:55 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

I support the United States with my taxes. Trump does not

0 for military/defense. 0 for veterans. 0 for education.

And he admitted, on national television, in one of the debates (not the one where he bragged about Toad), that it "made him smart" to not pay anything for those things.

He's a disgraceful human being, through and through, and anybody that continues to support him ought to be ashamed.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 5th, 2019 at 3:06:45 PM permalink

Why should we?

The taxes thing will go to SCOTUS and
get thrown out. It will need a law
passed by the Congress and they
never will because they don't want
it to apply to them. Trump would
veto it anyway.
rxwine
rxwine
Thanked by
ams288
March 5th, 2019 at 3:48:00 PM permalink

Not at all. Please man up and answer instead of calling names. Why should I care about his taxes? He pays them as he should. Big deal.

Better man up and admit you're a low information voter. HIs taxes will show if what he says about himself in interviews and books matches up.

Credibility doesn't matter to you.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 5th, 2019 at 3:52:47 PM permalink

Better man up and admit you're a low information voter. HIs taxes will show if what he says about himself in interviews and books matches up.

Credibility doesn't matter to you.

I am not low information at all.

I still don't get why you care about his taxes. Anyone of average or higher intelligence knows he pays his taxes else the IRS would have taken action against him years ago. High income returns like his get high attention, probably an automatic audit.

Thinking there will be a smoking gun is just liberal dreams. Just like the Russia nonsense.
Steverinos
Steverinos
March 5th, 2019 at 3:56:54 PM permalink

Anyone of average or higher intelligence knows he pays his taxes

Interesting you say that. Because when he admits in a presidential debate that paying no taxes "makes him smart", what is he saying about people like you that do pay taxes? Sounds like he's questioning your intelligence.

Nah...not DJT. He wouldn't have anything bad to say about his fellow Americans. Nah, not that guy.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 5th, 2019 at 4:02:44 PM permalink

High income returns like his get high attention, probably an automatic audit.

It's an ongoing never ending audit. Trump
has 22,500 employees, has businesses
all over the world. The people who commit
tax fraud are the small fries like Cohen.
The super rich have too much to lose.
rxwine
rxwine
March 5th, 2019 at 4:06:33 PM permalink

Interesting you say that. Because when he admits in a presidential debate that paying no taxes "makes him smart", what is he saying about people like you that do pay taxes? Sounds like he's questioning your intelligence.

Nah...not DJT. He wouldn't have anything bad to say about his fellow Americans. Nah, not that guy.

First clue many of his voters are not all that smart, is his quip about shooting someone on 5th avenue and they would still vote for him.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
AxelWolf
March 5th, 2019 at 4:09:27 PM permalink

First clue many of his voters are not all that smart, is his quip about shooting someone on 5th avenue and they would still vote for him.

First clue that the haters are not all that smart---that was a JOKE. To make a point.
Steverinos
Steverinos
March 5th, 2019 at 4:14:18 PM permalink

First clue that the haters are not all that smart---that was a JOKE. To make a point.

The 5th ave thing was a joke. Paying no taxes wasn't.

But I agree. The point was to say that he could do or say anything and his supporters would still support him. That is holding true.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 5th, 2019 at 4:14:36 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

It's an ongoing never ending audit. Trump
has 22,500 employees, has businesses
all over the world. The people who commit
tax fraud are the small fries like Cohen.
The super rich have too much to lose.

It is also lots of back and forth. Not like someone making $14 an hour in a low level telephone job. Some things are gray areas. Was a cost an "improvement" or a "repair?" Just one example.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
Mooseton
March 5th, 2019 at 4:15:59 PM permalink

Umm, no, it was not a joke. Nobody laughed then and nobody is laughing today.

It was a joke. Same as telling the Russians to hack Hillary because the media was not doing their job. That you do not get the point he was trying to make is kind of pathetic.
Steverinos
Steverinos
March 5th, 2019 at 4:17:09 PM permalink

Umm, no, it was not a joke. Nobody laughed then and nobody is laughing today.

It was a joke. Same as telling the Russians to hack Hillary because the media was not doing their job. That you do not get the point he was trying to make is kind of pathetic.

He was NOT joking when he said that paying no taxes made him smart.
rxwine
rxwine
March 5th, 2019 at 4:18:32 PM permalink
Pretty sure that an active audit means you can't turn over your tax returns was already debunked.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 5th, 2019 at 4:18:39 PM permalink

But I agree. The point was to say that he could do or say anything and his supporters would still support him. That is holding true.

How, exactly, would he be paying no taxes? How could he get away with just paying no taxes? I am not talking carry forward/carry back income averaging. You libs just seem to think he sent the IRS an "up yours" card. How would he do that? Because if he did, he would have a patent on the process.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 5th, 2019 at 4:20:07 PM permalink

Pretty sure that an active audit means you can't turn over your tax returns was already debunked.

He never said he "couldn't. He said he was not going to, a smart move as an audit can change lots of things. It is not a 1040-EZ he filed.
Steverinos
Steverinos
March 5th, 2019 at 4:28:42 PM permalink

How, exactly, would he be paying no taxes? How could he get away with just paying no taxes? I am not talking carry forward/carry back income averaging. You libs just seem to think he sent the IRS an "up yours" card. How would he do that? Because if he did, he would have a patent on the process.

I'm not really sure, to be honest. WHICH IS WHY HE WON'T RELEASE THEM. All I know is that he admitted that paying no federal income taxes made him smart.

We must be all idiots, i.e., not smart...contributing to society the way we do.

The man won't show his taxes to his employer, the American people, but conservatives are pretty quick to allow him to make decisions about OUR taxes. That makes about as much sense as Donald's only know tax bills...ZERO.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
March 5th, 2019 at 4:29:27 PM permalink
This is some straight up conspiracy theory level nonsense going on here. Really, just think about it -- you're saying (or projecting) that Trump has somehow illegally not paid federal taxes for however many years and somehow the IRS is oblivious to this? I don't know how many accountants are on Trump's staff, but I'm going to guess more than your average citizen, to say the least. That's gotta be one hell of a coordinated effort among everyone involved to keep quiet and not leak anything.

This shouldn't even have to be said, but in case people don't know -- there are things called tax breaks and subsidies. Sometimes you can offset losses against your profits (sometimes you can't). I'm not an accountant, but I'm pretty sure the goal is to pay as little in taxes as possible by using the tax code in your favor. Do you want to pay more taxes than you need to? You can also make your tax returns public if you want to....but are you going to do that if you don't have to?
Steverinos
Steverinos
Thanked by
tringlomane
March 5th, 2019 at 4:31:15 PM permalink
Quote: RS

you're saying (or projecting) that Trump has somehow illegally not paid federal taxes

I've never ONCE said that it was illegal. NOT ONCE. I've really just quoted his own words.

My problem is that it very well WAS legal.
  • Jump to: