Thread Rating:

terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 75
February 21st, 2019 at 2:24:58 PM permalink
I am not sure the kid is a racist but no doubt a lot of racists attend his school
Some of the students have painted there faces black and hurl insults against black players
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 157
February 21st, 2019 at 2:32:28 PM permalink
The WP should be allowed to quote Nathan Phillips and the kids and anyone else no matter how inflammatory or even if it is wrong. That doesn't make them anything.

Whether they did more than that is the issue and pushed agenda and caused harm is the issue. (I think) (not a lawyer) (I may be wrong)
One person's freedom is another person's annoying crap.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 157
February 21st, 2019 at 4:23:01 PM permalink
Important to keep up with new media laws.

Quote:

. "Posting videos and photos of illegal activity on social media is against the law in the State of Louisiana."

You might think it's just for crimes you're committing yourself, but it's for recording a crime by others as well that you come across even as a law abiding citizen.
One person's freedom is another person's annoying crap.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 363
Thanks for this post from:
RS
February 21st, 2019 at 4:28:44 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

I wonder if the brothers Ola and Abel Osundario , have a viable lawsuit against the media or Smollett for jumping to conclusions and calling them violent racists? https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kamala-harris-gives-awkward-response-when-asked-about-jussie-smollett-claims

EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 418
February 21st, 2019 at 4:44:44 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

I am not sure the kid is a racist

Not sure? He's done absolutely nothing
racist. The problem on the Left is, the
kid was innocent. And now they're seething
that not only were they wrong about him,
he's going to end up fabulously wealthy
because of the media's jump to judgement.
They just can't stand it.

Even if he only gets 10% of the amounts
they're suing for, he'll be set for life 10
times over. All for doing the right thing.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 18
RogerKintForager
February 21st, 2019 at 5:09:11 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

I'm glad it was a fabricated story. If the way he told it was actually what had happened, I believe it could have led to a lot of violence. I think his punishment should fit the crime he conjured up, and add to the sentence a few years because it was a "hate crime", trying to stir up racial conflict.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 418
February 21st, 2019 at 8:33:03 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Quote: aceofspades

I'm glad it was a fabricated story. If the way he told it was actually what had happened, I believe it could have led to a lot of violence.

Smollet tried to have the attack done
where it would caught on some
surveillance camera and he blew it.
If there had been video, there might
have been violence in the streets
and many would never believe it
was a hoax.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 96
terapined
February 21st, 2019 at 10:06:52 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I'll go a hundred too if terapined really wants to bet. I'm not disagreeing with Ed that possibly the WP might have not erred enough to properly lose the lawsuit, but in the real world a million or so with a Stormy Daniels type non disclosure agreement is not that big a price to pay for their pathetic reporting.

I don't think WaPo will settle or lose.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 39
February 21st, 2019 at 10:34:52 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

I am not sure the kid is a racist but no doubt a lot of racists attend his school
Some of the students have painted there faces black and hurl insults against black players

There is a picture from 2012 showing some of the students in blackface. I doubt that this one was in it.

Yes, racists probably do attend his school.

Yes, racists probably attend many schools.

Yes, there are some racists in America.

Just not as many as some of you would like to think.

The word "racist" is too often used as a crutch to label a group of people who may have a different opinion on an issue.

Finding one "racist" in a crowd and labeling the whole crowd as such is similar to thinking all people who are way to the left are part of Antifa. It allows one to ignorantly place a label on people, but it doesn't make that label correct or make the people who apply them look very smart.

I bet there is someone who is racist at almost every sporting event rooting for a particular team to succeed. That does not make everyone rooting for that team racist.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 39
RogerKintRSMaxPenmcallister3200ams288MoosetonSOOPOO
February 21st, 2019 at 10:43:33 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

So you pretty much either have nothing or your line of reasoning would end up accusing a whole bunch of people who aren't racist of being racist.

Perhaps your definition of "racist" is screwed up.

Quote: ams288

The part of this post that is correct is that my reasoning would end up accusing a whole bunch of people of being racist.

Everything else, not so much...

At this point, it doesn't really matter what you do or do not post here. You've pretty much put it out there that your definition of a "racist" is so broad as to include many people here.

I see people with differing opinions here...but I don't see the bogeyman around every corner.

• Jump to: