Thread Rating:

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
March 7th, 2019 at 5:36:49 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Also: Democrat wants 16 year olds to be able to vote, do you think they are mature enough for that important of a decision? https://neonnettle.com/news/6727-democrats-push-amendment-to-lower-voting-age-to-16

Funny, they say they are not mature enough to buy a gun or even cigarettes until age 21.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
March 7th, 2019 at 6:28:33 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Sorry, you're not getting a pass

Trump gets a pass from me as
long as he keeps doing the job
I hired him to do. And doing
it fantastically. He'll be gone in
6 years, elect a do nothing saint
if you like. You're still bitter She
didn't win, it has nothing to
with with who Trump is. Buy
you'll never see that.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
Thanked by
rxwine
March 7th, 2019 at 6:48:34 PM permalink
Manafort gets sentenced to 47 months in prison.

People on the right are.... celebrating!

“Yay! Our criminal President’s criminal campaign chair was only sentenced to 47 months in federal prison!”

I guess you gotta take the wins you can get...
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
  • Threads: 10
March 7th, 2019 at 7:19:54 PM permalink
Brutal: Dem Senator Rips CNN Hack James Clapper: “He Needs to Stop Making Excuses for Lying”
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/03/brutal-dem-senator-rips-cnn-hack-james-clapper-he-needs-to-stop-making-excuses-for-lying-video/
Quote:

Democrat Senator Ron Wydon (D-OR) ripped CNN contributor and former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper on Wednesday for continuing to lie about his famous lie to the American public.

In March 2013 Director of National Intelligence James Clapper went before the US Senate and lied about government spying. Senator Ron Wydon asked Clapper if the NSA collects any type of data at all on millions or hundreds of millions of Americans? Director Clapper replied, “No, sir … not wittingly.”

This was a lie.

Clapper was never condemned or punished for lying under oath to the US Senate.
This more proof of the double standard in the US legal system.
Democrats get off for lying. Republicans are convicted for made up lies.

On Wednesday CNN contributor Clapper lied again and told CNN he did not lie to Congress about NSA surveillance.
He keeps lying.

That’s when Democrat Ron Wydon responded on Twitter.

Senator Wydon: James Clapper needs to stop making excuses for lying to the American people about mass surveillance. To be clear: I sent him the question in advance. I asked him to correct the record afterward. He chose to let the lie stand.

emphasis mine
new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 7th, 2019 at 8:01:16 PM permalink
Quote: Fleaswatter

Clapper was never condemned or punished for lying under oath to the US Senate.

Another example of Obama's 'scandal free'
regime. What a joke that myth is, and Obama
keeping spreading it. There was scandal after
scandal, but the press never did anything
with it. If Trump wipes his nose it's headlines.
TRUMP DOING COCAINE! AGAIN!
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 8th, 2019 at 10:56:12 PM permalink
Jussie Smollett Case: Grand Jury Returns 16 Counts Against ‘Empire’ Actor

https://abc7chicago.com/jussie-smollett-indicted-on-16-felony-counts-by-grand-jury/5177586/

Class 4 felonies some of them are.
That means buhbye for years.
All because he has TDS..
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
March 9th, 2019 at 12:48:41 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Jussie Smollett Case: Grand Jury Returns 16 Counts Against ‘Empire’ Actor

https://abc7chicago.com/jussie-smollett-indicted-on-16-felony-counts-by-grand-jury/5177586/

Class 4 felonies some of them are.
That means buhbye for years.
All because he has TDS..

Eh, he got what he deserved, looks like. Thing is, Trump does something stupid or bizarre practically every other day. No one has to go too far out of their way to make him or his supporters look bad.

Don't feel sorry for him.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
March 9th, 2019 at 5:07:48 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

“Yay! Our criminal President’s criminal campaign chair was only sentenced to 47 months in federal prison!”

It truly is amazing how many of the guys he picked for work during his campaign or Presidency will be in jail. I know that most will just say, "good, criminal activity was found and is being properly punished", but I wonder if this will deter good people from working for a President. I'm guessing if Kamala gets elected the Republicans will be investigating her 24/7, and all of her inner circle as well.

Is his one of those 47 month sentences that really turns into "16 months for good behavior"?
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
March 9th, 2019 at 7:15:39 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

[ I'm guessing if Kamala gets elected the Republicans will be investigating her 24/7, and all of her inner circle as well.

No doubt
I'm sure she handle it like an adult instead of that cry baby Trump claiming Presidential harassment.
I am all for investigations of power regardless if the target is a Dem or rep
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
March 9th, 2019 at 8:25:54 AM permalink

It truly is amazing how many of the guys he picked for work during his campaign or Presidency will be in jail. I know that most will just say, "good, criminal activity was found and is being properly punished", but I wonder if this will deter good people from working for a President. I'm guessing if Kamala gets elected the Republicans will be investigating her 24/7, and all of her inner circle as well.

Is his one of those 47 month sentences that really turns into "16 months for good behavior"?

They say, "if you want to know who someone is, look at who he surrounds himself with".

Re: time off. Federal does not allow parole. Manafort can earn up to 54 days per year of incarceration for good behavior. He has been credited with 9 months time served. Best case for him is he serves 31 months more.

But he also has a sentencing in DC court next week under a different judge, because, ya know, he's "otherwise lived a blameless life". Yeesh.

Anyway, he's expected to get about another 10 years for those crimes. Maybe consecutive (added on), maybe concurrently. So this is just the start.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanked by
RogerKintRS
March 9th, 2019 at 1:20:01 PM permalink
More on Smollet:

"Jussie Smollett is now facing up to 48 years behind bars and fines of up to $400,000."

If he'd pulled this in LA, he would
get a slap on the wrist. In Chicago,
he'll likely get slapped around in
prison for a few years. He is Gay,
so it won't be a total change in his
lifestyle..
ams288
ams288
March 9th, 2019 at 1:30:36 PM permalink

More on Smollet:

"Jussie Smollett is now facing up to 48 years behind bars and fines of up to $400,000."

If he'd pulled this in LA, he would
get a slap on the wrist. In Chicago,
he'll likely get slapped around in
prison for a few years. He is Gay,
so it won't be a total change in his
lifestyle..

Isn’t Mark Geragos his lawyer? He won’t go to prison.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 9th, 2019 at 1:43:33 PM permalink

Because he can prove he didn't do it?
The Chicago cops say they have
damning evidence the public hasn't
even seen. Smollett also has a
criminal record, which ain't gonna
help him.
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
SOOPOO
March 9th, 2019 at 3:18:52 PM permalink

Geragos was on CNN and it appears he is planning a vigorous defense. I honestly don't get it. I'd be apologizing and trying to get as much
Community service in as possible.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 9th, 2019 at 3:26:29 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Geragos was on CNN and it appears he is planning a vigorous defense. I honestly don't get it. I'd be apologizing and trying to get as much
Community service in as possible.

It's a big case, the lawyer wants to
whore it up for himself for all the
free publicity.
ams288
ams288
March 9th, 2019 at 3:28:54 PM permalink

It's a big case, the lawyer wants to
whore it up for himself for all the
free publicity.

Mark Geragos lapping up free publicity? NO WAY!!
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 9th, 2019 at 9:13:27 PM permalink
Covington Catholic Student's Lawyer $250M Lawsuit Against CNN

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/03/09/covington-catholic-lawsuit-planned-against-cnn-lawyer-says/3114618002/

There's more lawsuits to come. That kid
is bound to be rich, bound to be rich..
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 9th, 2019 at 9:38:10 PM permalink
Go to 3:30 in the interview to see
R Kelly totally lose it. Do innocent
people act this way, or guilty people
who thought they would never be
caught.

This interview is body language
gold, apparently. The whole
thing is him lying, avoiding,
sending every signal in the
book that he's not telling
truth. One expert said this
video should be used in
body language training.

ams288
ams288
Thanked by
beachbumbabsMintyterapinedSOOPOOgamerfreaktringlomane
March 10th, 2019 at 4:27:00 AM permalink

caught.

You are totally correct!

Minty
Minty
  • Threads: 7
March 10th, 2019 at 5:29:38 AM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Does the DNC want illegals or non citizens to be able to vote in America? https://neonnettle.com/news/6721-nancy-pelosi-pushes-voting-rights-for-illegal-immigrant-newcomers-

Also: Democrat wants 16 year olds to be able to vote, do you think they are mature enough for that important of a decision? https://neonnettle.com/news/6727-democrats-push-amendment-to-lower-voting-age-to-16

Didn't read the articles, but I likely will later. Don't have a strong opinion on the first one since it's such a nuanced issue that can't easily be sorted out.

16 year old voting seems reasonable to me. No less reasonable than voting past a certain age. If a person can drive a car a person should be able to vote as both are big steps towards independence and adulthood for many people. If nothing else, it may help get more people politically engaged.
"Just because I'm not doing anything illegal, doesn't mean I won't have to defend myself someday." -Chip Reese
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 10th, 2019 at 5:40:26 AM permalink
Quote: Minty

16 year old voting seems reasonable to me. No less reasonable than voting past a certain age. If a person can drive a car a person should be able to vote as both are big steps towards independence and adulthood for many people. If nothing else, it may help get more people politically engaged.

I find it funny that these same places that say the 16 year old can vote say they need to wait until 21 to buy a gun, booze, or even cigarettes now.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
March 10th, 2019 at 5:47:43 AM permalink
No way trump didnt know of all these crimes. He doesnt strike me as the person who let's people donas they want and he sits back. Strikes me as the person who demands they are done and makes sure he isnt linked to it.

I watched the R Kelley interview this morning. He is a pure psychopath. Cant imagine what he is really like behind closed doors
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Minty
Minty
March 10th, 2019 at 5:50:10 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

I find it funny that these same places that say the 16 year old can vote say they need to wait until 21 to buy a gun, booze, or even cigarettes now.

I don't disagree with you, the ages could be lowered for those things. I think each should be accompanied with plenty of research made available to the public as well so that policy can be adjusted as deemed necessary.
"Just because I'm not doing anything illegal, doesn't mean I won't have to defend myself someday." -Chip Reese
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 10th, 2019 at 6:51:43 AM permalink

I don't disagree with you, the ages could be lowered for those things. I think each should be accompanied with plenty of research made available to the public as well so that policy can be adjusted as deemed necessary.

What I would like is for one age to be considered "adult" and be done with it. I lean towards 19 or 20. FWIW in the old docs I read it seems that pre-1900s anyhow 19 was the age of adulthood, though it varies a touch.

And I do not think 16 year olds are capable of voting. I look back to most of those around me in high school and most were so poorly informed as to not be believed. Having them vote is just to get more Democrat votes.
terapined
terapined
March 10th, 2019 at 7:00:08 AM permalink

Didn't read the articles, but I likely will later. Don't have a strong opinion on the first one since it's such a nuanced issue that can't easily be sorted out.

That article about the DNC is much ado about nothing. Illegals cant vote in federal elections and the DNC does not support that. The article is referring to small communities that wants to get input from ALL residents before making a decision.

I am alright with 16yr old's voting.
Look at all those smart Parkland students that organized the nationwide March for their lives
They should have the right to vote
Kyle Kashuv, a pro gun parkland student that met Trump, he should be able to vote
Lets drop the age
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
March 10th, 2019 at 7:05:58 AM permalink

caught.

This interview is body language
gold, apparently. The whole
thing is him lying, avoiding,
sending every signal in the
book that he's not telling
truth. One expert said this
video should be used in
body language training.

Also commenting on the Kavanaugh picture posted "discussing" about body language....

I read a variety of articles this morning about this subject. The ones with a political slant were, well, politically slanted towards the point of view that they wanted to present. I also read some others that weren't slanted. Most of them said that it "could be" but that it also "could not be" that the body language of Kavanaugh (I did not read any on R. Kelly, I have other things to do today so my time was limited).

The expert consensus among the non-biased articles seemed to be...they don't know anything for sure.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
March 10th, 2019 at 7:19:09 AM permalink
The question of non-citizens voting in Federal elections seems to be handled in several parts of the Constitution:

"The right of citizens of the United States,"

I guess you could argue that it doesn't say that non-citizens can't vote, but no one else was given that specific right except by amendment.

Sixteen yer-old voting is reckless, tied to non-citizen voting, and in the same vein as packing the courts...it is an attempt by one party to control the entire government without having to work for it. Why have ideas when you can just make more people voters?

--Every legal citizen a voter
--Every legal citizen shows a valid ID to vote
--Every legal citizen who otherwise has no ID can get one for free...even if we have to bring it to them
--Ballot harvesting should be illegal
--A voting period of a defined length strictly adhered to except in cases of power/weather issues and military overseas

HR 1 is a Democrat attempt to ensure the election of Democrats. It is not a true attempt at fairness.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 10th, 2019 at 7:42:11 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

--Every legal citizen who otherwise has no ID can get one for free...even if we have to bring it to them

This is where I fall off. Why "if we have to bring it to them?" And why "free?"

Everyone has some kind of ID. Most people drive, and I would wager every state has a "non-driver" issued ID for the long list of things you need ID for.

It is nowhere written that voting is supposed to be effortless.

If you are talking incapacitated people I will counter that usually there are arrangements for them to do government business.

I would also propose we require there to be voter registration material at every USPS office. And that it be illegal to have voter registration drives. Have public service announcements that every USPS has them, like for selective service. Then that be it. Too much potential fraud has been uncovered in these voter registration drives the past 20 years.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
Thanked by
tringlomane
March 10th, 2019 at 7:49:14 AM permalink

What I would like is for one age to be considered "adult" and be done with it. I lean towards 19 or 20. FWIW in the old docs I read it seems that pre-1900s anyhow 19 was the age of adulthood, though it varies a touch.

And I do not think 16 year olds are capable of voting. I look back to most of those around me in high school and most were so poorly informed as to not be believed. Having them vote is just to get more Democrat votes.

Something tells me in 1919 you would have felt suffrage wss just a Democratic conspiracy to add voters
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
March 10th, 2019 at 8:09:02 AM permalink

This is where I fall off. Why "if we have to bring it to them?" And why "free?"

Free because, if you’re required to purchase an ID from the government to vote, that is a tax on voting.

It did not hold up to legal review in PA and I am sure other places.
billryan
billryan
March 10th, 2019 at 8:15:08 AM permalink
I'm against 16 year olds voting . I realize 18 is just an arbitrary number but I like it more than 16. I'd consider a waiver for the few 17 year olds on active duty in our military, but don't want the rest voting.
There was a proposal a few years ago in Queens to allow non citizen parents to vote in school elections that affect their children. I attended one such debate and felt both sides had some valid points. If local areas want to allow non citizens to vote in local matters, I'm not opposed to looking into it.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
Mooseton
March 10th, 2019 at 8:54:12 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Free because, if you’re required to purchase an ID from the government to vote, that is a tax on voting.

It did not hold up to legal review in PA and I am sure other places.

Only if is a special ID for voting only. EVERY ADULT needs an ID to survive in the USA. The only reason people are against ID is to allow voter fraud.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
March 10th, 2019 at 9:23:41 AM permalink

Only if is a special ID for voting only. EVERY ADULT needs an ID to survive in the USA. The only reason people are against ID is to allow voter fraud.

Where did I say I was against a voter ID?

If you are required to have a paid government document to vote, that is a tax on voting plain and simple. This is not my opinion or something I am making up, it has not held up to legal scrutiny in several states.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Thanked by
gamerfreakdarkozterapinedtringlomane
March 10th, 2019 at 9:23:54 AM permalink

I'll have to disagree with you here. Every adult needs an ID to survive in the USA IN A MANNER you (AZ Duffman) considers 'survival. There are homeless people living on the streets that might not have ID. They should have the right to vote. To me, just saying we will pay for every citizen to be able to have a free ID is a VERY SMALL price to pay if it will appease the liberals that Voter ID is not just a way for the mean, bad, rich White Republicans to prevent the good, poor Hispanic and Black Democrats from voting.
Minty
Minty
March 10th, 2019 at 10:02:09 AM permalink

I'll have to disagree with you here. Every adult needs an ID to survive in the USA IN A MANNER you (AZ Duffman) considers 'survival. There are homeless people living on the streets that might not have ID. They should have the right to vote. To me, just saying we will pay for every citizen to be able to have a free ID is a VERY SMALL price to pay if it will appease the liberals that Voter ID is not just a way for the mean, bad, rich White Republicans to prevent the good, poor Hispanic and Black Democrats from voting.

A friend of mine does not have an ID right now and I know he's a legal citizen. He grew up in a shelter, has a difficult relationship with a stepfather and doesn't have any easy access to an ID. He'd like one, but his life circumstances have prevented that from happening.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 10th, 2019 at 10:06:24 AM permalink

A friend of mine does not have an ID right now and I know he's a legal citizen. He grew up in a shelter, has a difficult relationship with a stepfather and doesn't have any easy access to an ID. He'd like one, but his life circumstances have prevented that from happening.

If the above is true, I'd be all for him getting a free government issued ID. Hard to believe he does not have an ID, though? No welfare, food stamps, or Medicaid?
darkoz
darkoz
March 10th, 2019 at 10:16:18 AM permalink

If the above is true, I'd be all for him getting a free government issued ID. Hard to believe he does not have an ID, though? No welfare, food stamps, or Medicaid?

I also knew someone like that

They had to write to three different congressman in order to get some special waiver due to lack of all the proper documentation (notarized letters from friends and a former city teacher were submitted)

Took about 2 years for them to get proper state ID
Minty
Minty
March 10th, 2019 at 10:18:04 AM permalink

No, not to my knowledge anyway. He wasn't specific with the details and I had to ask a few questions to get that much. I recall him saying he was going to make an effort to get a license because he really wants to be able to drive, but I think he mentioned needing an ID to get a license, so he's stuck for the moment.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
March 10th, 2019 at 10:36:36 AM permalink
We could just use a fingerprint like Venezuela does for voting ID.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/former-us-president-carter-venezuelan-electoral-system-best-in-the-world/5305779
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 10th, 2019 at 11:05:43 AM permalink

I don't disagree with you, the ages could be lowered for those things.

Yeah, no. We lowered the drinking
age to 18 in the 70's in MI and they
started dying in car accidents daily.
It wasn't long before they changed
it back to 21.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 10th, 2019 at 11:11:59 AM permalink

You are totally correct!

I love it the Kavanaugh still confounds Libs.
They were soooooo convinced every fake
story about him was true. And still are, even
though 6 months later not a single teeny tiny
shred of evidence has come forth that ANY of
those lying women was telling the truth.
Minty
Minty
March 10th, 2019 at 11:14:54 AM permalink

Yeah, no. We lowered the drinking
age to 18 in the 70's in MI and they
started dying in car accidents daily.
It wasn't long before they changed
it back to 21.

Education remedies these things as well as a more responsible culture. I think Germany is 16? They do fine.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 10th, 2019 at 11:24:01 AM permalink

Education remedies these things as well as a more responsible culture. I think Germany is 16? They do fine.

I would hope so. Germans drive almost exactly
half as much as Americans do. They rely on
public transport far more than we so. In fact,
we drive almost 3 times as much as they do
on short trips to the market or to the bar.
You're comparing apples to oranges.

"Compared to Americans, Germans own fewer cars, drive them shorter distances and less frequently, and walk and cycle and ride transit more often."
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 10th, 2019 at 12:12:07 PM permalink

Circumstances do not prevent it form happening. They might make it difficult, but they are not preventing it. He needs to get to his birth certificate. He needs to find out how to get an ID from someone in the county. Then he needs to get ID. If he has been in a shelter then he needs to ask at the shelter how to get someone to help him. A legit shelter will be able to point him in the right direction.

If he doesn't he will never be able to get a legit job.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 10th, 2019 at 12:14:44 PM permalink

Homeless should not be voting as they are not a legal resident. Yes, if you want to live in the tunnels under the strip surviving on finding credits left on slots then I guess no, you do not need to have an ID. If the person is living above ground they will have one.

Appeasing liberals will not work. They would say next that unless we pay to uber "minorities" to the polls then that transportation is a poll tax. It will never end.
darkoz
darkoz
Thanked by
terapinedSOOPOOMinty
March 10th, 2019 at 12:51:27 PM permalink

Homeless should not be voting as they are not a legal resident. Yes, if you want to live in the tunnels under the strip surviving on finding credits left on slots then I guess no, you do not need to have an ID. If the person is living above ground they will have one.

Appeasing liberals will not work. They would say next that unless we pay to uber "minorities" to the polls then that transportation is a poll tax. It will never end.

Homeless are not legal residents?

Sorry but if they are born in the US they are US citizens with every right granted in the constitution

Funny a rightie constitution waving person would actually be arguing why certain people should lose their constitutional rights
terapined
terapined
March 10th, 2019 at 12:54:27 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Sorry but if they are born in the US they are US citizens with every right granted in the constitution

Funny a rightie constitution waving person would actually be arguing why certain people should lose their constitutional rights

I totally agree
The homeless are US Citizens. They have the right to vote
To say otherwise is unamerican and disgusting
billryan
billryan
March 10th, 2019 at 1:05:35 PM permalink

Would you mind sharing who else you think shouldn't be voting?
You'd be surprised how many Seniors lack proper id. Many don't drive and don't have a passport. Medicare cards are not id. Neither are Social Security cards.
Some states accept college ids for voting, many do not.
Outside of your license and a passport, what state issued id do you carry? After September 11th, plans were made to require two government issued ids to fly, but far two many people simply didn't have them.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
March 10th, 2019 at 1:12:39 PM permalink

Hahaha what?

So now you need to own property to vote? Actually I have heard the extreme right say that should be a thing, so I’m not surprised.

Should homeless people be stripped of their 2A rights?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 10th, 2019 at 1:13:15 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Sorry, but with no fixed address you are not a resident of anywhere and thus not entitled to vote in that election.
  • Jump to: