Thread Rating:

gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
March 5th, 2019 at 4:35:59 PM permalink
Quote: RS

This is some straight up conspiracy theory level nonsense going on here. Really, just think about it -- you're saying (or projecting) that Trump has somehow illegally not paid federal taxes for however many years and somehow the IRS is oblivious to this? I don't know how many accountants are on Trump's staff, but I'm going to guess more than your average citizen, to say the least. That's gotta be one hell of a coordinated effort among everyone involved to keep quiet and not leak anything.

This shouldn't even have to be said, but in case people don't know -- there are things called tax breaks and subsidies. Sometimes you can offset losses against your profits (sometimes you can't). I'm not an accountant, but I'm pretty sure the goal is to pay as little in taxes as possible by using the tax code in your favor. Do you want to pay more taxes than you need to? You can also make your tax returns public if you want to....but are you going to do that if you don't have to?

I am sure he has filed returns and paid income tax.

I think he does not want to release them because he is not nearly as wealthy as he has led the public to believe.
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
March 5th, 2019 at 4:37:22 PM permalink
What is obvious is that he left behind a trail of ruin in AC, stiffed contractors (if you were a small business owner, you were pretty lucky to NOT have won a Trump contract in AC), and benefited greatly from the tax code while putting many small family business owners OUT of business.

The man is SCUM.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
March 5th, 2019 at 4:37:33 PM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

I'm not really sure, to be honest. WHICH IS WHY HE WON'T RELEASE THEM.

Far far more likely is that he gave
heavily to the Dems for years and
doesn't want the details coming
out. He's a NY Dem, who else
would he give to.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
March 5th, 2019 at 4:37:50 PM permalink

My problem is that it very well WAS legal.

Thank you. I'm not sure why that's a problem, though. Can you elaborate why you think it's a problem that he followed the law?

I assume you're being honest and aren't trying to get me to waste my time on this. It just feels weird to ask someone why they have a problem when someone follows the law, but here we are.
Steverinos
Steverinos
March 5th, 2019 at 4:41:01 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

would he give to.

Nah, this isn't the damning information that he's hiding. If his conservative base doesn't know that he's flipped on his political affiliations in the past, then maybe he could shoot somebody on 5th Ave.

I did find it funny that THROUGHOUT the campaign, he would always say that politicians were "all talk, no action, all talk no action". He would constantly say it. And I always thought to myself, "well Donald, if they are all talk and no action, why did you continue to donate over and over and over again to them? Maybe you are just full of s**t"
RS
RS
March 5th, 2019 at 4:41:08 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

I think he does not want to release them because he is not nearly as wealthy as he has led the public to believe.

I don't agree with the second sentence necessarily, but at least that's a more reasonable stance, IMO.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
March 5th, 2019 at 4:44:16 PM permalink

Quote: AZDuffman

Quote: rxwine

Interesting you say that. Because when he admits in a presidential debate that paying no taxes "makes him smart", what is he saying about people like you that do pay taxes? Sounds like he's questioning your intelligence.

Nah...not DJT. He wouldn't have anything bad to say about his fellow Americans. Nah, not that guy.

First clue many of his voters are not all that smart, is his quip about shooting someone on 5th avenue and they would still vote for him.

First clue that the haters are not all that smart---that was a JOKE. To make a point.

The 5th ave thing was a joke. Paying no taxes wasn't.

But I agree. The point was to say that he could do or say anything and his supporters would still support him. That is holding true.

You're so smart that you seem to understand, nothing wrong=nothing wrong, is a mistake. Can you express your thought process on this?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
March 5th, 2019 at 4:46:37 PM permalink

I'm not really sure, to be honest. WHICH IS WHY HE WON'T RELEASE THEM. All I know is that he admitted that paying no federal income taxes made him smart.

We must be all idiots, i.e., not smart...contributing to society the way we do.

The man won't show his taxes to his employees, the American people, but conservatives are pretty quick to allow him to make decisions about OUR taxes. That makes about as much sense as Donald's only know tax bills...ZERO.

As suspected, you have no idea what you are talking about regarding his taxes. Here is a news flash for ya-----minimizing taxes is the goal. The less you can legally pay the smarter you are.

I work with all independent contractors. Minimizing taxes is a huge thing. I tell the younger and newer folk to deduct everything they can. Computer, cell phone, mileage, whatever they can. Why? Because smart people minimize their taxes.

BTW: I am not his "employee." Yes, he can make tax decisions as that is his job as POTUS. His taxes are his personal business.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Steverinos
Steverinos
March 5th, 2019 at 4:50:16 PM permalink

Thank you. I'm not sure why that's a problem, though. Can you elaborate why you think it's a problem that he followed the law?

I assume you're being honest and aren't trying to get me to waste my time on this. It just feels weird to ask someone why they have a problem when someone follows the law, but here we are.

First off, we don't know that he followed the law. He won't release the returns. And if we are supposed to believe him and take him at his word, Muauahahahahahaha, then he's under an IRS audit, right? So if he's still under audit, then we can't possibly know if he DID follow the law because the audit(s) haven't been completed.

But to answer your question, it's because I think the tax code is broken and has been written to greatly benefit the few and not the whole. And Trump was exactly right when he made the comment to Hillary in the same debate where he implied that politicians like her were responsible for the tax code that enabled him to get the benefits he's enjoyed. "She has given it to us." We'd have to go back at the legislation record to see what tax legislation she actually voted for or against, but I agree with the sentiment. Boomers have habitually cut their own taxes for 30+ years now.

But unfortunately, he's only doubled down on this and made it worse with his own tax reform.
Steverinos
Steverinos
March 5th, 2019 at 4:50:59 PM permalink

BTW: I am not his "employee."

Employee was a typo. I meant employer.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 5th, 2019 at 4:57:21 PM permalink

First off, we don't know that he followed the law. He won't release the returns. And if we are supposed to believe him and take him at his word, Muauahahahahahaha, then he's under an IRS audit, right? So if he's still under audit, then we can't possibly know if he DID follow the law because the audit(s) haven't been completed.

But to answer your question, it's because I think the tax code is broken and has been written to greatly benefit the few and not the whole. And Trump was exactly right when he made the comment to Hillary in the same debate where he implied that politicians like her were responsible for the tax code that enabled him to get the benefits he's enjoyed. "She has given it to us." We'd have to go back at the legislation record to see what tax legislation she actually voted for or against, but I agree with the sentiment. Boomers have habitually cut their own taxes for 30+ years now.

But unfortunately, he's only doubled down on this and made it worse with his own tax reform.

Why, exactly, do you want to pay more in taxes?
Steverinos
Steverinos
Thanked by
tringlomane
March 5th, 2019 at 4:59:07 PM permalink

As suspected, you have no idea what you are talking about regarding his taxes. Here is a news flash for ya-----minimizing taxes is the goal.

I don't?

Tell me where I'm wrong.

He took YUUUUGE losses in AC, YUUUUGE losses in the airline business, YUUUGE losses with the Plaza Hotel in Manhattan, and was able to claim a tax deduction for the foreseeable future, up to 18 years, on those losses, allowing him to pay ZERO taxes during that time.

Do I fault him for doing this? I don't. Seriously, I really don't. We all want to minimize our tax bill. I fault the system for allowing a conman to leave a trail of ruin and then benefit. It's fundamentally wrong.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 5th, 2019 at 5:06:27 PM permalink

I don't?

Tell me where I'm wrong.

He took YUUUUGE losses in AC, YUUUUGE losses in the airline business, YUUUGE losses with the Plaza Hotel in Manhattan, and was able to claim a tax deduction for the foreseeable future, up to 18 years, on those losses, allowing him to pay ZERO taxes during that time.

Do I fault him for doing this? I don't. Seriously, I really don't. We all want to minimize our tax bill. I fault the system for allowing a conman to leave a trail of ruin and then benefit. It's fundamentally wrong.

It is called the way business works. Sometimes you take losses. Some businesses fail. He is not the only one to take a loss in AC and certainly not the only one in the airline biz. But look how many jobs he created and maintained over all that time.

If you do not allow business to take credit for losses then less business will happen.

No offense, but you really need to learn how taxes work and how business finance works. You seem to think it is like getting paid on a W-2. It is not.
Steverinos
Steverinos
March 5th, 2019 at 5:06:34 PM permalink
He could settle this debate by being transparent and releasing his returns. He has made the political calculation that whatever is in them is more damning than the political damage he would tax if he released them. That should pique your interest. But whatever...
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
Mooseton
March 5th, 2019 at 5:09:16 PM permalink

He could settle this debate by being transparent and releasing his returns. He has made the political calculation that whatever is in them is more damning than the political damage he would tax if he released them. That should pique your interest. But whatever...

Only the crazy lefties seem to care. And if he releases them then they will just find something else to whine about.
Steverinos
Steverinos
March 5th, 2019 at 5:12:04 PM permalink

I don't?

Tell me where I'm wrong.

It is called the way business works. Sometimes you take losses. Some businesses fail. He is not the only one to take a loss in AC and certainly not the only one in the airline biz. But look how many jobs he created and maintained over all that time.

If you do not allow business to take credit for losses then less business will happen.

No offense, but you really need to learn how taxes work and how business finance works. You seem to think it is like getting paid on a W-2. It is not.

You didn't mention where I was wrong, but said I need to learn. Funny, but whatever, I'll give you that. I'm not an expert (I do, however, trust the experts). What I do know is that Trump is hiding something in his returns that is pretty terrible. He doesn't even want his base to know what's in them. Speaks volumes.

We'll see what the Ways and Means Committee end up doing.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 5th, 2019 at 5:18:02 PM permalink

You didn't mention where I was wrong, but said I need to learn. Funny, but whatever, I'll give you that. I'm not an expert (I do, however, trust the experts). What I do know is that Trump is hiding something in his returns that is pretty terrible. He doesn't even want his base to know what's in them. Speaks volumes.

We'll see what the Ways and Means Committee end up doing.

You say you are not an expert, but you "know" he is hiding something. IOW, because you hate him, he must be hiding something in his taxes. That is the whole basis of your argument.

Not only are you not an "expert" but you appear to be someone who does not even do their own taxes.

Thanks for the evening of entertainment.
Steverinos
Steverinos
March 5th, 2019 at 5:21:58 PM permalink

Not only are you not an "expert" but you appear to be someone who does not even do their own taxes.

I do my family's taxes. I plug all the info into Turbo Tax and they spit out the number, lol. Does that count?

He is hiding something. He's the only presidential candidate in 40 years to not release. This isn't difficult.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 5th, 2019 at 5:32:24 PM permalink

Nah, this isn't the damning information that he's hiding. "

You wish, you hope. How many of
your wishes and hopes have been
right so far. A pretty dismal track
record.
Steverinos
Steverinos
Thanked by
ams288
March 5th, 2019 at 5:42:00 PM permalink
There’s not a sliver of doubt that I’m on the right side of history. These things take time. I hoped that Dems would win the House so we can actually have some checks and balances on this con and I’m loving where that is heading.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
March 5th, 2019 at 5:54:33 PM permalink

would he give to.

That wouldn't be on your taxes. Those who receive that money have to report it, whether by name or anonymously, but campaign contributions are not tax deductible.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
darkoz
darkoz 
  • Threads: 296
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
March 5th, 2019 at 6:06:43 PM permalink
I suspect Trump "cheated" on his taxes which is different from not paying them.

From the Cohen testimony he had no problem inflating or deflating numbers to illegally gain bank loans

I can see him extending this tactic to his taxes so he deflates income, pays what he rightfully owes AS REPORTED but is in essence cheating by not paying what he didnt report
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
March 5th, 2019 at 6:17:04 PM permalink

This is some straight up conspiracy theory level nonsense going on here. Really, just think about it -- you're saying (or projecting) that Trump has somehow illegally not paid federal taxes for however many years and somehow the IRS is oblivious to this?

My premise that he is not the man he says he is does not matter whether he did anything illegal. His taxes should match his interviews and books on what he claims. I consider it a creditability issue.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
March 5th, 2019 at 6:40:42 PM permalink
Oh FFS.

Yes, he probably did some shady stuff to minimize his taxes. Yes, some of it was probably illegal.

But that’s not why he doesn’t want people to see them. He has a 24/7 propaganda news network that would convince the plebes that cheating on your taxes is cool and no big deal.

He doesn’t want to show his tax returns because they’ll show he’s not as rich as he’s claimed to be for decades.

And to those who say his tax returns won’t show how rich he is: BULLS**T. Experts could figure out his wealth by combing through the returns, especially someone like Donald who’s returns are extremely complex.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
March 5th, 2019 at 6:44:58 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I suspect Trump "cheated" on his taxes which is different from not paying them.

From the Cohen testimony he had no problem inflating or deflating numbers to illegally gain bank loans

I can see him extending this tactic to his taxes so he deflates income, pays what he rightfully owes AS REPORTED but is in essence cheating by not paying what he didnt report

It goes further. Trump's entire empire has depended on the branding. What he sells is himself as rich, successful, living the good life. There are many profiles out there, loan applications, valuations for many different purposes. People invested in him because of his apparent (self-reported) wealth and success. Those people included banks and private capital groups.

He would have released financial statements that he swore to be true and accurate as to the valuation of any property he put up as security against loans, purchases of other properties, other financial instruments. Many are public statements or documentation provided to boards or corporations.

If he then turned around and valued those properties or assets differently for income, property, or capital gains taxes, that can be fraud of many different types. Whether he overvalued them in order to build a house of cards, or undervalued them in order to pay less taxes than they were worth, any simultaneous disparities would be subject to civil action, perhaps criminal, depending on the deal.

At best, it would ruin his brand (which supposedly is the great majority of his wealth - renting/licensing his name to other owners or producers). It's sort of the businessman equivalent of a celebrity endorsement deal with Nike or Coke or whoever. If that celebrity gets caught with a dead girl or a live boy, the sponsors drop him.
RS
RS
March 5th, 2019 at 7:12:29 PM permalink

You're right, we don't know if he followed the law. But just because "we don't know" if he followed the law or not isn't reason to think something nefarious is afoot. Right now, it looks much more like "He won't show us tax returns, therefore he did something bad!" than "Here's a discrepancy and that should be investigated." IOW: Someone is guilty of something because they don't want a cop to search their car, why else would they not want their car to be searched unless they had something to hide, right? Right????

I obviously don't know if he's under audit or what exactly that means, but again, Trump isn't gonna be some guy who just falls through the cracks of the IRS (unless the IRS is that incompetent, wouldn't be surprised tbh).

So your problem isn't really with Trump (re: taxes), but with how taxes work as a whole?

...What I do know is that Trump is hiding something in his returns that is pretty terrible...

Well damn, why didn't you just say that from the start? All of this back-and-forth for the past 2+ years could have been avoided had we known what you know. Can you tell us what Trump is hiding that is so terrible?
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
Thanked by
kgb92
March 5th, 2019 at 7:46:19 PM permalink
I have a problem with him promising, over and over again, that he would release his taxes, lying about why he couldn't release his taxes, when it is clear he never had any intention in releasing his taxes.

If it doesn't matter to his base that he didn't release his taxes, why couldn't he be a man and say he wasn't going to do it, from the very beginning?
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 5th, 2019 at 8:37:04 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Oh FFS.

Yes, he probably did some shady stuff to minimize his taxes. Y

It's comical reading person after
person doing all this speculating
on Trump's taxes without a whit
of proof of anything. All the other
stuff you were hanging your hopes
on has fallen thru, this is just the
latest tail to chase.

So chase away, big disappointments
coming for you as Trump continues
to MAGA..
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
March 5th, 2019 at 9:05:14 PM permalink

It's comical reading person after
person doing all this speculating
on Trump's taxes without a whit
of proof of anything. All the other
stuff you were hanging your hopes
on has fallen thru, this is just the
latest tail to chase.

So chase away, big disappointments
coming for you as Trump continues
to MAGA..

We don't have to know anything about Trump's taxes. All we had to do was listen to Michael Cohen's sworn testimony. There's stuff in Trump's taxes he doesn't want out there.

Cohen gave some indication as to why in public testimony, and perhaps, even probably, more specific reasons in closed session. Which opened the door to a legitimate inquiry. They may never tell us what it is, but they have oversight authority on the Executive, so they may have grounds to get them.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 5th, 2019 at 9:34:30 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

We don't have to know anything about Trump's taxes. All we had to do was listen to Michael Cohen's sworn testimony. There's stuff in Trump's taxes he doesn't want out there.

But who cares. You can't get rid of
him because he has good tax firms
that get him all the deductions. You
can't tell his net worth from his taxes,
you can't even tell how much he
made in a certain year because of
all he loopholes and deductions.
His tax return is over 300 pages
long, they say, It's just another
sour grapes witch hunt because
She didn't win.

Presidential returns are in a special
locked room in a safe. Not even the
IRS director can ask to see them.

-IRS Commissioner John Koskinen put measures in place that would require Trump's own lawyers to get permission to gain access to the confidential financial documents.

The decision of how to handle a request for Trump's returns will fall to Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, one of the President's closest confidants and earliest backers. A Treasury spokesperson said Mnuchin would review any request for the president's tax returns with his general counsel to determine if they are required under law.

So when the committee asks for them,
Mnuchin will say no. Then the House
will demand them and Trump's lawyers
will sue. Lots of precedent for this,
Obama spent $34 mil in taxpayer money
suing to keep from releasing documents.
In the 'scandal-free' administration myth
he keeps bragging about.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
March 5th, 2019 at 11:17:28 PM permalink

If that celebrity gets caught with a dead girl or a live boy, the sponsors drop him.

Let me correct you a bit here. Getting caught with a dead girl is not a big problem. Getting caught with a live boy IS.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
Thanked by
RSams288
March 5th, 2019 at 11:22:52 PM permalink

Can you tell us what Trump is hiding that is so terrible?

He probably found a way to write off the cleaning bill for all the piss filled sheets he had to get cleaned over the years. Terrible, just terrible.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
Mooseton
Mooseton
  • Threads: 14
March 6th, 2019 at 2:18:41 AM permalink

What I do know is that Trump is hiding something in his returns that is pretty terrible. He doesn't even want his base to know what's in them.

Whatcha got?
$1700, 18, 19, 1920, 40, 60,... :/ Thx 'Do it again'. I'll try
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 6th, 2019 at 2:27:43 AM permalink

I do my family's taxes. I plug all the info into Turbo Tax and they spit out the number, lol. Does that count?

He is hiding something. He's the only presidential candidate in 40 years to not release. This isn't difficult.

Actually no, that does not count. I worked two years at Jackson-Hewett, where we used the same kind of software. All you do is answer questions. About 1/3 of us knew what was going on. Most of the rest were lumps who were brought on for "peak" which was the end of January when everyone got their W-2s and ran to the office to get their EIC refund and feed the local poverty-industrial complex. All they could do is read the questions and enter the W-2.

That is not "knowing how to do taxes." That is answering questions.

As such and as I have said, I give your claims no credibility.
RS
RS
Thanked by
kgb92
March 6th, 2019 at 2:32:05 AM permalink
Quote: Mooseton

Whatcha got?

Max bet on "nothing (real)" is lock of the century.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
RS
March 6th, 2019 at 2:36:42 AM permalink

Cohen gave some indication as to why in public testimony, and perhaps, even probably, more specific reasons in closed session. Which opened the door to a legitimate inquiry. They may never tell us what it is, but they have oversight authority on the Executive, so they may have grounds to get them.

All we have to do is listen to the sworn testimony of a guy going to federal prison for perjury? HAR HAR HAR!

It goes further. Trump's entire empire has depended on the branding. What he sells is himself as rich, successful, living the good life. There are many profiles out there, loan applications, valuations for many different purposes. People invested in him because of his apparent (self-reported) wealth and success. Those people included banks and private capital groups.

He would have released financial statements that he swore to be true and accurate as to the valuation of any property he put up as security against loans, purchases of other properties, other financial instruments. Many are public statements or documentation provided to boards or corporations.

If he then turned around and valued those properties or assets differently for income, property, or capital gains taxes, that can be fraud of many different types. Whether he overvalued them in order to build a house of cards, or undervalued them in order to pay less taxes than they were worth, any simultaneous disparities would be subject to civil action, perhaps criminal, depending on the deal.

At best, it would ruin his brand (which supposedly is the great majority of his wealth - renting/licensing his name to other owners or producers). It's sort of the businessman equivalent of a celebrity endorsement deal with Nike or Coke or whoever. If that celebrity gets caught with a dead girl or a live boy, the sponsors drop him.

You are aware that corporations all the time report income and taxable income differently? Simply look at how AMZN paid no taxes last year by using carry forward of losses in prior years. Are you out there screaming that AMZN "cheated" on their taxes?

Reality is he does not want them out there because as soon as they are out there then liberals will just scream that he has to release some other form of information. He knows the games they play, and he is playing them better than they do. Which is driving the liberals nuts because they expect the Republican to obey and not defend themselves while their credibility is destroyed. That is what they did to Bush. Trump is not letting it happen to him, and good for him!

Every TDS poster on this board uses the reason "BECAUSE" as to why they think he somehow "cheated" on his taxes. Can we please get some new material?
billryan
billryan
March 6th, 2019 at 2:52:07 AM permalink
Amazon may have not paid any taxes but I'll wager that Jeff Bezos did. I don't care if Trump Organization pays taxes, I care if Trump did.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
RS
RS
Thanked by
kgb92
March 6th, 2019 at 3:02:12 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Amazon may have not paid any taxes but I'll wager that Jeff Bezos did. I don't care if Trump Organization pays taxes, I care if Trump did.

Why?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 6th, 2019 at 3:28:06 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

If he owns the organization then it is one and the same. Just like why dividends should be tax free. Pay at one level or the other, it does not matter.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
Thanked by
ForagerAZDuffmanRS
March 6th, 2019 at 6:57:49 AM permalink
My question is who among us would pay IRS taxes if you were not required to? I would not and my goal is always to pay as little as legally required.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 6th, 2019 at 7:03:14 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

My question is who among us would pay IRS taxes if you were not required to? I would not and my goal is always to pay as little as legally required.

It was state level I forget what state but they had a tax cut that the usual liberals said "they did not need." So the state set up the tax form so you could pay at the older, higher rate if you wished. Almost nobody did. Obama and Hillary who said they "did not need" the Bush tax cut never sent their tax cut back.

So to answer your question is I sure as heck would not pay a penny more than I was required to.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
March 6th, 2019 at 8:21:23 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Good question
If the information is made public, then I think I would pay
Going to the grocery store, if I could get away with it, would I walk out without paying. I'm not that kind of person
I would pay for my groceries
I just think its the fair thing to do
I've gone to optional donation entry museums. I always donate. Its just the kind of person I am. I love museums.
I was at the movie theatre once, I was over paid in change back by a 5 dollar bill
I walked back and gave the 5 back. I did not want to see someone fired over a short drawer.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
Thanked by
rxwine
March 6th, 2019 at 9:29:02 AM permalink
I don't like this thread. It's titled "In the news" and all people want to talk about is Trump. We have Trump threads, I suspect Evenbob just made this thread because a lot of people were ignoring the Trump threads and he wanted to loop hole people into discussion of White House politics.
I am a robot.
MaxPen
MaxPen
March 6th, 2019 at 10:58:47 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

I don't like this thread. It's titled "In the news" and all people want to talk about is Trump. We have Trump threads, I suspect Evenbob just made this thread because a lot of people were ignoring the Trump threads and he wanted to loop hole people into discussion of White House politics.

I wonder if it is because stories about Trump dominates the news cycle. No, it must be that Bob character.😀
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 6th, 2019 at 11:04:01 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

I suspect Evenbob just made this thread .

I started this thread because I was
suspended for a week for 'hijacking'
a thread, which to this day I have no
idea what I did wrong.

So I started a thread you cannot hijack,
everything is in the news somewhere.
50 pages in 2 weeks, that's a pretty
good indication a thread like this
was needed.

That hijacking thing really scared me,
a week off and I still have no idea why.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
March 6th, 2019 at 11:30:27 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

I agree with you. But everyone here keeps insinuating that you can ascertain someone's net wealth by looking at his tax returns.

I'll make believe my net worth is $10,000,000. (I wish...)
$500K is my house.... not visible on my tax return.
$200k is my liquid bank account.... pays almost no interest, so no way to figure it's value from the $100 interest per year it generates.
$6,000k in IRAs, pension plans, etc. not visible on my tax return
Defined benefit pension which will pay me $100k per year when I retire, not visible on my present tax return.
A few million in a taxable account... some of the stocks pay dividends that you can back figure out the worth, many do not pay dividends so they do not appear on my tax return unless I sell them.
Whole life insurance policy... value $800k, not visible on my tax return.
Etc.....
What you can really see on my tax return is my income from my job, not much more. No way can you figure my net worth from my tax returns. I'm sure it is harder for a billionaire.
MaxPen
MaxPen
March 6th, 2019 at 11:39:47 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I agree with you. But everyone here keeps insinuating that you can ascertain someone's net wealth by looking at his tax returns.

I'll make believe my net worth is $10,000,000. (I wish...)
$500K is my house.... not visible on my tax return.
$200k is my liquid bank account.... pays almost no interest, so no way to figure it's value from the $100 interest per year it generates.
$6,000k in IRAs, pension plans, etc. not visible on my tax return
Defined benefit pension which will pay me $100k per year when I retire, not visible on my present tax return.
A few million in a taxable account... some of the stocks pay dividends that you can back figure out the worth, many do not pay dividends so they do not appear on my tax return unless I sell them.
Whole life insurance policy... value $800k, not visible on my tax return.
Etc.....
What you can really see on my tax return is my income from my job, not much more. No way can you figure my net worth from my tax returns. I'm sure it is harder for a billionaire.

Yet, health insurance premiums are based on income reported on tax returns.😀
No consideration is taken regarding ability to pay. One person with access to a million dollars and no income pays $60 a month with $0 deductible while another person with a million dollars of debt and 200k in income pays $600 a month with a $7k deductible for the same exact plan.
#MErica
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
March 7th, 2019 at 1:10:47 AM permalink

I started this thread because I was
suspended for a week for 'hijacking'
a thread, which to this day I have no
idea what I did wrong.

So I started a thread you cannot hijack,
everything is in the news somewhere.
50 pages in 2 weeks, that's a pretty
good indication a thread like this
was needed.

That hijacking thing really scared me,
a week off and I still have no idea why.

I didn't know about it, hijacking means to move the thread in a new direction you want it to go, not the subject. You probably brought up similar points too often. Just why have a blanket thread and let it only have one blanket for Trump and Trump haters. Some of us don't care and don't want to get involved in political masturbation. You're a good debater, pun intended.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
March 7th, 2019 at 1:11:19 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

I wonder if it is because stories about Trump dominates the news cycle. No, it must be that Bob character.😀

Good point. You remember.
I am a robot.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
March 7th, 2019 at 1:19:01 AM permalink

All we have to do is listen to the sworn testimony of a guy going to federal prison for perjury? HAR HAR HAR!

You are aware that corporations all the time report income and taxable income differently? Simply look at how AMZN paid no taxes last year by using carry forward of losses in prior years. Are you out there screaming that AMZN "cheated" on their taxes?

Reality is he does not want them out there because as soon as they are out there then liberals will just scream that he has to release some other form of information. He knows the games they play, and he is playing them better than they do. Which is driving the liberals nuts because they expect the Republican to obey and not defend themselves while their credibility is destroyed. That is what they did to Bush. Trump is not letting it happen to him, and good for him!

Every TDS poster on this board uses the reason "BECAUSE" as to why they think he somehow "cheated" on his taxes. Can we please get some new material?

I'm not out there "screaming" about anything. Your rudeness and condescension has about pegged my banhammer meter. You might take it down a notch.
  • Jump to: