Thread Rating:

billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
July 24th, 2018 at 11:57:08 AM permalink
Burger King tried healthier fries. The public rejected them. Tried lo fat mayonnaise, people rejected it.
Few businesses succeed by being trend setters. It's easier just to give folks what they want.
Cheap food that satisfies their needs.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
July 24th, 2018 at 12:03:48 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

You are overestimating the typical American., many of whom think the metric system is revenge for 1776.

I reckon You're right about the typical American, but not that I overestimate them. No offence meant, but they're probably at least as ignorant as we Europeans. Your food industry and government, however, seem less inclined to educate them to buy better and live better and longer. Our nanny state has some weird ideas about encouraging wellness. Something to do with reducing cost on society, encouraging health in our children, and taking stress off the single payer 'free' health service.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
OnceDear
OnceDear
July 24th, 2018 at 12:06:04 PM permalink

Burger King tried healthier fries. The public rejected them. Tried lo fat mayonnaise, people rejected it.
Few businesses succeed by being trend setters. It's easier just to give folks what they want.
Cheap food that satisfies their needs.

Sad but true. The rubbish food was probably dearer to provide too. Lose-lose for BK. Now, if maybe BK had a vested interest in the health of its customers...
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
July 24th, 2018 at 12:08:35 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Good news. There is currently the largest oversupply of meat in the US. 2.5 billion pounds in storage. Real world example of the effects. Today I paid 14.29 a pound for grass fed ribeye vs. the 18.49 a pound I had been paying.

That's a fantastic price! Are you buying straight from the farm?

I think I mentioned this before but I've been buying my grass fed beef from a lil place near Tahoe. They do free delivery to Nevada and CA.
100% risk of ruin
RogerKint
RogerKint
July 24th, 2018 at 12:10:37 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

driving down the road I popped 2 altoids into my mouth. Then thought, maybe I should check the packaging. 2 damn grams of sugar in 3 of those things. I spit them right out the window. damn it

This is the type of badassery that only people on keto do! Love it, keep it up!
100% risk of ruin
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
July 24th, 2018 at 12:12:25 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

I've never understood why food companies put so much salt and sugar in things. Non-salt and -sugared options tastes fine, even better in some cases, so why are they wasting their own money adding extra salt and sugar?

Depends what you mean by "food companies".

In many cases, it's because their product is s#$%, especially if we're talking stuff marketed to be healthy. Know why we eat fatty things and dislike fatless? Because fat tastes great, and non-fat is pure garbage. Can't make money selling garbage, so we'll keep taking all the fat, advertise as #Hoorayfatfree, but pump it full of salt and/or sugar because that's the only way it'll be palatable.

Are Big Salt and Big Sugar just throwing money at food companies?

Lol. Yes. Tons. This is America; you didn't expect a fair shake, did ya? =p

@GWAE, I won't say much as this whole convo borders on ridiculousness for me. Seems a pretty simple concept to just hold a caloric deficit, aka use more than you take, and as such, I don't have much advice because I can't understand struggling with this. But I'll add two things...

I don't faff around with diets and whatnot, but what people have been saying about keto does jive with what I experienced during poverty. I could list a page of all these terrible foods I used to consume, the ones filled with sugars and fats and fried pieces, and I can say quite easily that I could not eat those things anymore even if I wanted, which I only do rarely. I can't remember what you said your Pepsi load was like, but I downed a sixer of Code Red every single day in just my work shift, forget about the ones I drank at home. Today, I couldn't finish a whole 12oz in one sitting. Still tastes as good, but it makes me feel like dog s#$%. I say this because I'd like you not to sweat these addictions you think you have. It's not like you'll be feening every day for the rest of your life. If I'm any example, once it's broken, it stays broke.

The second is just my continued confusion over the idea that eating healthy is somehow expensive. T'was poverty what got me eating properly, not what prevented it. Head of romaine, cucumber, bell pepper, Spanish onion...that's like half the cost of a #6 small and will feed me for an entire work week. Toss some grilled (by you) chicken strips in every now and again, maybe seared in some tasty olive oil or something... it's the absolute tits. AND I ate them by the mixing bowl, not some sad sack half a cereal bowl. Dumped as many croutons and dressing as I cared to have and still lost 30lbs, even though I wasn't trying to lose and don't really have any to spare.

Not saying you should do that now, go on with your keto whatever. But it's not doom and gloom waiting for you at the end of the tunnel. NOW is hard. Down there, it's cake. Go get you some.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
Thanked by
RSDDB
July 24th, 2018 at 12:15:50 PM permalink
Free McDonald's medium french fries every Friday using the McDonald's app with any purchase of $1 or more.

I will be there regularly buying a $1 large sweet tea and getting my free medium french fry.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
billryan
billryan
July 24th, 2018 at 12:47:40 PM permalink
Spicey McChicken is a buck.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
July 24th, 2018 at 12:55:30 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

That's a fantastic price! Are you buying straight from the farm?

I think I mentioned this before but I've been buying my grass fed beef from a lil place near Tahoe. They do free delivery to Nevada and CA.

I go to Sprouts, which is a grocer down the street. I think there are some co-ops operating in Vegas but I am not much into freezing stuff. I like to stop in on my way home and grab my steak or chicken and some asparagus or broccoli and other veggies to cook ASAP.

That site seems like a good value since it includes packaging and shipping.
RogerKint
RogerKint
July 24th, 2018 at 1:00:45 PM permalink
Big fan of Sprouts. It's the only place to get raw, grass-fed milk here outside of Craigslist. It's still illegal in Nevada last I checked.
100% risk of ruin
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanked by
RogerKint
July 24th, 2018 at 1:06:05 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

Big fan of Sprouts. It's the only place to get raw, grass-fed milk here outside of Craigslist. It's still illegal in Nevada last I checked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46iPFTCZ9LA
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
July 24th, 2018 at 1:13:04 PM permalink
The main reason they put sugar in tomato sauce and stuff, imo, is that sugar is addictive. Not only will sugar addicts like your product, they will like it if you use very low quality ingredients.

This is also the best explanation I've heard for stuff like adults thinking Burgar King tastes good.

I don't know exactly why the use so much salt other than it is cheap and tastes good.

Quote: OnceDear

? When introduced here, the food industry scrambled to not have the product with all red labels. Ingredients changed, sugar and salt and fat was reduced. It seems to be working. We consumers seemed to get into better habits.

You might not appreciate how corrupt the U.S. is. Often times the nutritional information taught in schools comes directly from corporations. Never mind the food served in schools. They literally get cake for breakfast.

My mom was a teacher and it got to the point where the kids would complain about too much cake.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
July 24th, 2018 at 1:15:04 PM permalink

I go to Sprouts, which is a grocer down the street.

There's a Sprouts by my house, too. They usually have cheaper fruits and vegetables than the regular grocery store. Also a lot of their meat is cheaper, and they have a pretty good bulk section. Other than that they're on par with Whole Foods, i.e., way overpriced on everything else.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
July 24th, 2018 at 1:18:26 PM permalink

Spicey McChicken is a buck.

What?
You don't say.
How is this not trolling? I ask.
I guess "anything for a buck", as the saying goes.
OnceDear
OnceDear
July 24th, 2018 at 1:33:40 PM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

You might not appreciate how corrupt the U.S. is.

Quote:

They literally get cake for breakfast.

FFS Was it sponsored by a dentist?
When I was an infant I was 'Milk monitor'* Delivering 1/3 pint bottles of pasteurised milk to all the other infants. (I got to get some extra)
There was uproar when Maggie Thatcher stopped free milk for infant schools.

*Jeez, the memories this forum brings back to the surface.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
Thanked by
Rigondeaux
July 24th, 2018 at 1:36:25 PM permalink
Quote: Face

Depends what you mean by "food companies".

In many cases, it's because their product is s#$%, especially if we're talking stuff marketed to be healthy. Know why we eat fatty things and dislike fatless? Because fat tastes great, and non-fat is pure garbage. Can't make money selling garbage, so we'll keep taking all the fat, advertise as #Hoorayfatfree, but pump it full of salt and/or sugar because that's the only way it'll be palatable.

Lol. Yes. Tons. This is America; you didn't expect a fair shake, did ya? =p

@GWAE, I won't say much as this whole convo borders on ridiculousness for me. Seems a pretty simple concept to just hold a caloric deficit, aka use more than you take, and as such, I don't have much advice because I can't understand struggling with this. But I'll add two things...

I don't faff around with diets and whatnot, but what people have been saying about keto does jive with what I experienced during poverty. I could list a page of all these terrible foods I used to consume, the ones filled with sugars and fats and fried pieces, and I can say quite easily that I could not eat those things anymore even if I wanted, which I only do rarely. I can't remember what you said your Pepsi load was like, but I downed a sixer of Code Red every single day in just my work shift, forget about the ones I drank at home. Today, I couldn't finish a whole 12oz in one sitting. Still tastes as good, but it makes me feel like dog s#$%. I say this because I'd like you not to sweat these addictions you think you have. It's not like you'll be feening every day for the rest of your life. If I'm any example, once it's broken, it stays broke.

The second is just my continued confusion over the idea that eating healthy is somehow expensive. T'was poverty what got me eating properly, not what prevented it. Head of romaine, cucumber, bell pepper, Spanish onion...that's like half the cost of a #6 small and will feed me for an entire work week. Toss some grilled (by you) chicken strips in every now and again, maybe seared in some tasty olive oil or something... it's the absolute tits. AND I ate them by the mixing bowl, not some sad sack half a cereal bowl. Dumped as many croutons and dressing as I cared to have and still lost 30lbs, even though I wasn't trying to lose and don't really have any to spare.

Not saying you should do that now, go on with your keto whatever. But it's not doom and gloom waiting for you at the end of the tunnel. NOW is hard. Down there, it's cake. Go get you some.

Little while back we had a discussion about being depressed. I expressed that most of us dont understand why or how. All ya gotta do is let things go and not let them bother you, right? Well not so simple for people that suffer from it. Same goes with eating. Some of us struggle with eating right and eating less. I am working on it and hopefully one day I will be able to do it. I think poor eating and overeating is a brain malfunction just like depression, and possibly just as deadly.

Gotta go, making bunless bacon, cheddar, mushroom, egg burger.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
OnceDear
OnceDear
July 24th, 2018 at 1:53:55 PM permalink

And skipping the bun makes it healthy? Seriously, is this how Keto diet works?
DRich
DRich
Thanked by
MaxPen
July 24th, 2018 at 2:01:39 PM permalink

What?
You don't say.
How is this not trolling? I ask.
I guess "anything for a buck", as the saying goes.

If it is trolling, blame me. I brought up the free french fries.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
July 24th, 2018 at 2:03:47 PM permalink

Sad but true. The rubbish food was probably dearer to provide too. Lose-lose for BK. Now, if maybe BK had a vested interest in the health of its customers...

BK made a conscious choice. They were competing, even beating McD in many markets, when McD added their healthier menu 10 years ago. That swung the market to McD. BK tried changing to healthier recipies.and portion control. They lost more business as customers complained about the food being less tasty.

So BK said (and it was news at the time, maybe 7 years ago, longer? Not sure), "we're going after the big eater. We're going to make the 1000 calorie breakfast sandwich, and the Double Whopper with cheese AND bacon, and we're going to brag about it. We're going to embrace our fat-salt-sugar-calories foods, our huge portions, and the customers who love them."

And they refound their audience. A large whopper meal runs $5 on sale and would feed a family of 4 in France, maybe there as well, though in my experience the English eat more heartily than the French. More likely a good meal for 2 of you to split.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 24th, 2018 at 2:09:02 PM permalink

A "bunless burger" is not a burger... it's basically just a sausage patty with toppings... haha...

That's like saying "breadless grilled cheese"..... no, you've just got some melted cheese on a plate....
OnceDear
OnceDear
July 24th, 2018 at 2:13:14 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

A large whopper meal runs $5 on sale and would feed a family of 4 in France, maybe there as well, though in my experience the English eat more heartily than the French. More likely a good meal for 2 of you to split.

I think you are right. Having dined in France, the portions seemed mean. Dining in Florida and Vegas, I found the portions obscenely big. I was offended at the amount I was expected to either gorge on or waste.

I prefer the taste of BK burgers to MD. Maybe something to do with the flame grilling, but I detest BK Fries, which always seem to be cold. It may sound daft, but I think the salt on BK fries has an odd taste too. Maybe more pottasium or different size crystals. It just seems different. BK not so popular here they are always franchised, where I'm not sure MD are.

Side note.
KFC in the UK recently changed their logistics company and for about a week, they could not fulfil their menu, They were actually running out of chicken!!! So most KFC outlets actually closed down for the week.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 211
July 24th, 2018 at 2:14:21 PM permalink

I've never understood why food companies put so much salt and sugar in things. Non-salt and -sugared options tastes fine, even better in some cases, so why are they wasting their own money adding extra salt and sugar?

The crux of the matter is free enterprise and freedom of choice, vs, what is actually healthy and restrictions on what companies can do to make their food more like crack.

It's been going on as long as I can remember. Since Nader ate that hotdog.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
RS
RS
July 24th, 2018 at 2:22:11 PM permalink

A "bunless burger" is not a burger... it's basically just a sausage patty with toppings... haha...

That's like saying "breadless grilled cheese"..... no, you've just got some melted cheese on a plate....

I was actually in the mood for a grilled cheese sammy the other day. I was like, oh, I'll just order it without the bread, that way it's keto.

Then I realized it was a disaster of a plan, so I ordered a big bowl of spaghetti instead.
RogerKint
RogerKint
Thanked by
RS
July 24th, 2018 at 2:33:08 PM permalink
Quote: RS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46iPFTCZ9LA

Yes! That made my day. It is pretty funny that weed is legal for sale but milk isn't.

#legalizeerrthang
100% risk of ruin
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
Thanked by
RogerKint
July 24th, 2018 at 2:36:02 PM permalink
I’m still trying to figure out how to feed grass to milk.
GWAE
GWAE
July 24th, 2018 at 2:42:40 PM permalink

And skipping the bun makes it healthy? Seriously, is this how Keto diet works?

I gotta say, this was one of the best burger non burgers I have ever had. Normally I make burgers with 93/7 meat to save on fat which is normally fine but this meal I had was great. I am ot convinced that I can lose weight eating like this.

I cooked on a charcoal grill.
Made 1/2 pound burger out if 80/20.
Cooked bacon in oven and made them a little crispy.
Sauteed mushrooms with butter and garlic.
I put the mushrooms on the meat then cheese over it
I put 3 pieces of bacon on top with mayo.
I used lettuce on top and bottom so I could pick it up

Normally I would use low fat meat, a bun, ketchup, and mustard.

My "burger" was so juicy, flavored well, and didnt have all the extras. It was flat out great. Up until dinner I didnt have any fat today but I think I made up for that.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
RS
RS
July 24th, 2018 at 3:47:31 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

I’m still trying to figure out how to feed grass to milk.

Ugh.....shake my head. Some people these days....

You don't feed GRASS TO THE MILK. That's stupid

YOU POUR THE MILK ONTO THE GRASS.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
July 24th, 2018 at 4:20:26 PM permalink
I think a burger without a bun is a Salisbury Steak.

Maybe not if there’s no gravy.
GWAE
GWAE
July 24th, 2018 at 5:04:36 PM permalink
Day 2 190.6 (-1.2)
today I ate 3 hard boilded eggs, small salad with 2 table spoons of ranch, 2 string cheese, the "burger" mentioned before, and 9 bottles of water.

I definitely more fat than yesterday. That makes 72 hours without pop and caffeine. I fought a headache all day today. I don't know if it is from my lack of pepsi, sugar, and caffeine or what. Maybe withdrawl?

Going to bed early tonight and get up early tomorrow
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
July 24th, 2018 at 5:13:27 PM permalink
You can have black coffee or tea for the caffeine.

Squeeze some lemon on the salad or in the water.

Use salt.
billryan
billryan
July 24th, 2018 at 6:18:02 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

I think a burger without a bun is a Salisbury Steak.

Maybe not if there’s no gravy.

Salisbury Steak usually isn't fried and generally cost at least double.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
July 24th, 2018 at 7:46:45 PM permalink
Many Salisbury Steak recipes also mix beef and pork.We had it for dinner tonight, and it was right on the label.

I also make some meatballs (family recipe ) in gravy that use 2/3 ground beef, 1/3 mild pork sausage. They get rave reviews every time I take them to a dinner. The sausage adds a lot of flavor and a rich meaty consistency. The secret is in the spices, though.
vegas
vegas
July 24th, 2018 at 7:56:07 PM permalink
Man eats nothing but potatoes for 1 year and losses 100 pounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grk-_083iBs
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
RS
RS
July 24th, 2018 at 8:27:09 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Many Salisbury Steak recipes also mix beef and pork.We had it for dinner tonight, and it was right on the label.

I also make some meatballs (family recipe ) in gravy that use 2/3 ground beef, 1/3 mild pork sausage. They get rave reviews every time I take them to a dinner. The sausage adds a lot of flavor and a rich meaty consistency. The secret is in the spices, though.

The best meatballs can be purchased at 7-11. They’re frozen (obviously). If there’s no 7-11 nearby, you can also get them from Subway.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
July 25th, 2018 at 12:14:22 AM permalink
The key to health: apple cores. Not gonna say more since I might be swatted for revealing this information
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
GWAE
GWAE
July 25th, 2018 at 12:31:13 AM permalink
Quote: RS

The best meatballs can be purchased at 7-11. They’re frozen (obviously). If there’s no 7-11 nearby, you can also get them from Subway.

I have one within walking distance. There better not be filler in them.
GWAE
GWAE
July 25th, 2018 at 7:35:54 AM permalink
The weird thing about this diet is the seemingly bad food that I am eating but losing weight. this shows me 1 of 2 things. I am losing a ton of water weight in the first few days due to the lack of salt in my diet or sugar and carbs really are that harmful for you. I had probably 100 grams of fat yesterday and lost weight.
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 25th, 2018 at 8:03:55 AM permalink

The weird thing about this diet is the seemingly bad food that I am eating but losing weight. this shows me 1 of 2 things. I am losing a ton of water weight in the first few days due to the lack of salt in my diet or sugar and carbs really are that harmful for you. I had probably 100 grams of fat yesterday and lost weight.

That's not a terribly unreasonable amount of dietary fat to consume depending on your weight and caloric needs. You're most likely losing weight because the overall calories you're consuming are less now that what they were before. Cutting out sugar is definitely contributing to that. And carbs aren't inherently harmful, but if you're consuming less overall, then you'll of course lose weight.
DRich
DRich
July 25th, 2018 at 8:12:47 AM permalink
Sorry to side track again, but next week I am having my gallbladder removed and I understand that greasy and fatty foods will be an issue for a while. I am trying to plan my next four days of eating all of the worst things.

1) Fried chicken
2) Bacon
3) French fries
4) Chicken fried steak
5) Bratwursts
6) Fried catfish

What else should I eat to abuse my body this week?
billryan
billryan
July 25th, 2018 at 8:20:49 AM permalink
I'm not sure how widely available they are here, but zeppoles are about as greasy as you can get. In NY, they are a staple at most pizza places.
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 25th, 2018 at 8:30:10 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Cheesecake is pretty fatty and also super-delicious.
OnceDear
OnceDear
July 25th, 2018 at 8:34:31 AM permalink

Clue....
in reality they look less like the picture on the box and more like the contents of your toilet afterwards. Taste like the latter too*.

Good luck with the surgery.

* I guess having not tried the latter.
Last edited by: OnceDear on Jul 25, 2018
dogqck
dogqck
  • Threads: 1
July 25th, 2018 at 8:57:52 AM permalink
PALEO SCAM : Beware lots of paleo is just hype. Wife is 30 years diabetic. Been on Atkins, and recently Paleo. What a rip, almost always not really low carb. Hope this isn't against rules. Recently discovered Netrition. A website that had tons of items. Better yet you can click on item and see nutrition label.
Was actually buying Birch Blenders Paleo pancake mix at Sprouts. 16 Total carbs- 3 Dietary fiber = 13 Net Carbs
LC Pancake mix on Netrition 9 Total carbs -8 Dietary fiber = 1 Net carb What a difference
LC is more expensive, but taste great. I mix half and half with blanched almond flour, still great taste and banana flavot.
Almond flour by scoop at Sprouts 9.99 lb. 2 lb bag Nature Eats at Walmart $10.88
Also on Net Walden Farms Syrup Blueberry Strawberry eyc ZERO CARBS
Have tried all the low carb breads 5 carbs a slice all suck THIN SLIM Bagels Plain are great Look like and taste like a real bagel.
!4 total carbs -14 DIetary fibre = ZERO carbs. Buy a whopper, Mcdonalds quarter pounder, Arbys eyc, throw roll away, piy it in a ZERO Bagel.
Also buy a muffing top pan. Cook panckaes in 3 minutes in oven. Crack egg and put in Muffin top pan. Sunny side up ot break yoke for egg McMuffin. Wide's AC! now a 5.7 ftom a 10 2 months ago.
Hey, Burgers, Egg Mcmuffin on a bagel, pancakes with syrup and whipped cream.
If you fail, it is definitely on you.
Oatmeal and cereal also on net, nit filling but feeds a fix.

DAMN almost forgot. LC Foods 12 inch Pizza shell 1.5 Net Carbs per slice, 8 slices per shell, Heavy crust, not thin DELICIOUS

GOOD LUCK

PM me if any question or suggestion on best oatmeal or cereals.
GWAE
GWAE
July 25th, 2018 at 9:06:39 AM permalink
Quote: dogqck

PALEO SCAM : Beware lots of paleo is just hype. Wife is 30 years diabetic. Been on Atkins, and recently Paleo. What a rip, almost always not really low carb. Hope this isn't against rules. Recently discovered Netrition. A website that had tons of items. Better yet you can click on item and see nutrition label.
Was actually buying Birch Blenders Paleo pancake mix at Sprouts. 16 Total carbs- 3 Dietary fiber = 13 Net Carbs
LC Pancake mix on Netrition 9 Total carbs -8 Dietary fiber = 1 Net carb What a difference
LC is more expensive, but taste great. I mix half and half with blanched almond flour, still great taste and banana flavot.
Almond flour by scoop at Sprouts 9.99 lb. 2 lb bag Nature Eats at Walmart $10.88
Also on Net Walden Farms Syrup Blueberry Strawberry eyc ZERO CARBS
Have tried all the low carb breads 5 carbs a slice all suck THIN SLIM Bagels Plain are great Look like and taste like a real bagel.
!4 total carbs -14 DIetary fibre = ZERO carbs. Buy a whopper, Mcdonalds quarter pounder, Arbys eyc, throw roll away, piy it in a ZERO Bagel.
Also buy a muffing top pan. Cook panckaes in 3 minutes in oven. Crack egg and put in Muffin top pan. Sunny side up ot break yoke for egg McMuffin. Wide's AC! now a 5.7 ftom a 10 2 months ago.
Hey, Burgers, Egg Mcmuffin on a bagel, pancakes with syrup and whipped cream.
If you fail, it is definitely on you.
Oatmeal and cereal also on net, nit filling but feeds a fix.

DAMN almost forgot. LC Foods 12 inch Pizza shell 1.5 Net Carbs per slice, 8 slices per shell, Heavy crust, not thin DELICIOUS

GOOD LUCK

PM me if any question or suggestion on best oatmeal or cereals.

I will check that out. I was looking at a pancake receipe last night. It uses almond flour. Only problem is I couldn't use syrup.
GWAE
GWAE
July 25th, 2018 at 9:08:34 AM permalink

Sorry to side track again, but next week I am having my gallbladder removed and I understand that greasy and fatty foods will be an issue for a while. I am trying to plan my next four days of eating all of the worst things.

1) Fried chicken
2) Bacon
3) French fries
4) Chicken fried steak
5) Bratwursts
6) Fried catfish

my wife had hers out in 2013. She was able to eat right away but Spinach of all things caused her problems. grease was not an issue.

My dad had his out in April and went back to eating normal foods with no problems.
dogqck
dogqck
  • Threads: 1
July 25th, 2018 at 9:21:49 AM permalink
Sprouts has the syrup $3.99
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
Thanked by
OnceDearRigondeaux
July 25th, 2018 at 12:48:31 PM permalink
Ok so it's been 6 weeks that I've been on a low-carb diet -- my original goals was to eat <25g carbs per day but, even though I thought I had achieved that, I realized I was probably getting more than 25g of carbs due to the fact that I did not get a low carb BBQ sauce (which I have since remedied)

After 6 weeks, I have lost ~27 pounds and basically reach my target weight -- now, to maintain
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
Thanked by
aceofspades
July 25th, 2018 at 12:54:55 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

Ok so it's been 6 weeks that I've been on a low-carb diet -- my original goals was to eat <25g carbs per day but, even though I thought I had achieved that, I realized I was probably getting more than 25g of carbs due to the fact that I did not get a low carb BBQ sauce (which I have since remedied)

After 6 weeks, I have lost ~27 pounds and basically reach my target weight -- now, to maintain

Congrats Ace! A lean attorney is a mean attorney!
GWAE
GWAE
July 25th, 2018 at 1:10:22 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

Did it seem easier or harder as you got through a few weeks?
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
July 25th, 2018 at 1:20:26 PM permalink

I will check that out. I was looking at a pancake receipe last night. It uses almond flour. Only problem is I couldn't use syrup.

Make pigs in a blanket with them instead. Pancakes around a sausage you like, well-buttered inside. You won't miss the syrup.
  • Jump to: