Thread Rating:

aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
July 25th, 2018 at 1:23:01 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Congrats Ace! A lean attorney is a mean attorney!

Thanks - my insomnia cleared up and I am feeling energized

Quote: GWAE

Did it seem easier or harder as you got through a few weeks?

Yes by the end of the first week it felt 'normal' -- no real cravings -- that is not to say I wouldn't love a nice big ice cream sundae but, I think the way it would make me feel after eating it (guilty) is not worth it
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
July 25th, 2018 at 1:31:34 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Sorry to side track again, but next week I am having my gallbladder removed and I understand that greasy and fatty foods will be an issue for a while. I am trying to plan my next four days of eating all of the worst things.

1) Fried chicken
2) Bacon
3) French fries
4) Chicken fried steak
5) Bratwursts
6) Fried catfish

What else should I eat to abuse my body this week?

I understand the sentiment, but don't think going into surgery in an unusually unhealthy state is a bonus. I can only take about 3 days of really bad foods in a row before I feel like crap. But you're the guy who can live with 200/120 BP or whatever you said it was one time so maybe it is a "cake" walk for you.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
July 25th, 2018 at 1:35:54 PM permalink
SYRUP IS LITERALLY DISGUSTING. I'M ACTUALLY TRIGGERED RIGHT NOW.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
Thanked by
RogerKintRigondeaux
July 25th, 2018 at 1:38:16 PM permalink
I'm starting Keto tomorrow.

I just got on the scale and tipped 200lbs. I always told myself that would be the end of the line - and I'm sticking to that.

Going to start with 25g carbs/day. I'll post updates in this thread.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
July 25th, 2018 at 1:51:21 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

I'm starting Keto tomorrow.

I just got on the scale and tipped 200lbs. I always told myself that would be the end of the line - and I'm sticking to that.

Going to start with 25g carbs/day. I'll post updates in this thread.

Good luck. I wish 200 would have been my tipping point. It is so easy to get out of control.

I think I have a new favorite dinner. I made the same thing tonight as I had yesterday. 1/2 pound burger cooked on charcoal grill , fried egg, bacon, sauteed mushrooms in garlic, piece of lettuce, and mayo. This is just sooo good. Not sure bread would even make it better. I am going to do some more research tonight to make sure I should even be eating a dinner like that.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
July 25th, 2018 at 2:14:59 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I understand the sentiment, but don't think going into surgery in an unusually unhealthy state is a bonus. I can only take about 3 days of really bad foods in a row before I feel like crap. But you're the guy who can live with 200/120 BP or whatever you said it was one time so maybe it is a "cake" walk for you.

I feel like crap pretty much every day, so that is the norm for me. I eat horrible, I drink, I smoke, I don't exercise, and I am very lazy. I would say that I wake up and feel good about twice a year. My biggest concern is how long before I can eat my crappy diet again without it shooting out of me.

This will be surgery number 21 or 22 for me, I have lost count. My goal is to be back to work the next day if they are able to get it out lapriscopically.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
July 25th, 2018 at 2:32:13 PM permalink

Good luck. I wish 200 would have been my tipping point. It is so easy to get out of control.

I think I have a new favorite dinner. I made the same thing tonight as I had yesterday. 1/2 pound burger cooked on charcoal grill , fried egg, bacon, sauteed mushrooms in garlic, piece of lettuce, and mayo. This is just sooo good. Not sure bread would even make it better. I am going to do some more research tonight to make sure I should even be eating a dinner like that.

Not that you shouldn't do your own research, but that sounds exactly on track to me. You should be able to add mustard if you like. I think it would be good on that.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
July 25th, 2018 at 2:34:23 PM permalink

I feel like crap pretty much every day, so that is the norm for me. I eat horrible, I drink, I smoke, I don't exercise, and I am very lazy. I would say that I wake up and feel good about twice a year. My biggest concern is how long before I can eat my crappy diet again without it shooting out of me.

This will be surgery number 21 or 22 for me, I have lost count. My goal is to be back to work the next day if they are able to get it out lapriscopically.

I have an aunt that has been dying since I was 9. I don't think there is a health issue she hasn't had or has. You will probably outlive the forum.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
July 25th, 2018 at 2:40:37 PM permalink

3) French fries
4) Chicken fried steak

You've squandered your French fry eating at McD's. Now its time to step up to the plate.

Chili cheese fries at Coney Island.

Fries smothered in cheese and red sauce at carlitos burritos.

Carne asada or perhaps pastor fries. Tacos el Gordo or Rivas both have good ones.

My mom makes exceptional chicken fried steak. While I rarely have cravings per se, I do miss the taste. Definately cheating next trip home.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
July 25th, 2018 at 2:46:00 PM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

Y

Fries smothered in cheese and red sauce at carlitos burritos.

That sounds great and I haven't been to Carlito's since they moved from their old location. The new location is even closer to my house. I might have to add a chili cheese dog to my list too.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
July 25th, 2018 at 2:54:08 PM permalink
Yes GWAE, you are mostly losing water weight. For the reasons you gave. But don't think that's meaningless. It's very good. Inflation is bad. Superficially, this is also how you loose weight in your face.

Nice. The mushrooms are important for a number of reasons.

A lot of is just breaking these really minor mental barriers. Like, it just seems wrong to have a burger without a bun. At first you might feel silly ordering it in a restaurant. Why? No real reason.

Buns do taste good, but I think a pile of extra toppings tastes better.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
July 25th, 2018 at 3:17:24 PM permalink

That sounds great and I haven't been to Carlito's since they moved from their old location. The new location is even closer to my house. I might have to add a chili cheese dog to my list too.

Surprisingly I think this Americanized dish is what best gives you the taste of the sauce.

Their stuffed sopapillas with a side of smothered fries played a non- trivial roll in me having to go on a diet in the first place.

The have "Santa barbera style" bbq now too. Looks good but haven't tried it.
RS
RS
July 25th, 2018 at 3:19:54 PM permalink
What's somewhere where I can go get food that I don't have to cook myself? (Like a restaurant.) Also quick and good food, too. Something that's keto.

i don't feel like in n out because i had that yesterday. and i'm ashamed to say it, but i don't feel like eating chipotle right now. :(
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
July 25th, 2018 at 3:27:25 PM permalink
The Habit is prob the best for keto burgers. Tons of stuff to pile on them.

Taco y taco and tacos el Gordo both make Vampiros. That is meat wrapped in cheese and baked on tortillas. Discard the tortilla skin and enjoy.

el pollo loco or some similar joint. Peru chicken is good. Maybe take a run out to Juan pollo. Bring me something back.
MaxPen
MaxPen
July 25th, 2018 at 3:30:04 PM permalink
Lettuce wrapped burger at the M
RS
RS
July 25th, 2018 at 3:40:06 PM permalink
El Pollo Loco sounds good.

What do I order there so I can remain healthy? According to reddit I'm magnesium deficient. How do I become magnesium efficient?
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
July 25th, 2018 at 3:43:51 PM permalink
Lmfao at most keto being “healthy.” I suppose it’s a legit way for people who want to lose weight while absolutely refusing to exercise.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
July 25th, 2018 at 4:01:07 PM permalink
Quote: RS

El Pollo Loco sounds good.

What do I order there so I can remain healthy? According to reddit I'm magnesium deficient. How do I become magnesium efficient?

Avacado/guac.

Mushrooms.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
July 25th, 2018 at 4:08:35 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Lmfao at most keto being “healthy.” I suppose it’s a legit way for people who want to lose weight while absolutely refusing to exercise.

I don't get it either.

I have a friend who's been doing it and he lost a ton of weight.

But.... it's because he's cut out whatever it is you're not supposed to be eating with keto, and he's not replacing it with anything.

So, yeah, he's lost weight, but it's not because of some magical keto diet, it's because he's reduced his calories.

Like the hamburger thing... You replace the bun with a lettuce leaf or something because that's what you do with keto, and you lose weight. Well, that's because you've cut out a good 200-300 calories of bread and not replaced it with anything. The keto has nothing to do with it.

But I'm all for people losing weight and being healthier, don't get me wrong.
RS
RS
July 25th, 2018 at 4:13:20 PM permalink

I absolutely refuse to exercise. Plus according to some online calculator, which I'm pretty sure is BS, I'm like 40 pounds overweight.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
July 25th, 2018 at 4:13:51 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Occasionally reading this thread, I get the distinct impression that we as a species, and you guys in the US, more so, have lost touch with basic nutrition.

we never learned it. Home Economics for girls in the fifties taught baking a cake from a package.

But now, convenience and food processing is everything. Ready to eat or ready in 60 seconds. freezer to microwave to table and to hell with the consequences.

You got it. Starts with kids to whom taste means sugar. And now ALL consumers swill sugar.

Quote: Oncedear

At the tail end of WW2, we had food rationing here. People grew what they could where they could. UK diet was probably at it's most healthy in spite of the hardship. Food was for nutrition, not some sort of discretionary distraction.

UK had food rationing all during the war and well after it. Almost everything was 'on points' and you were never more than five weeks from total starvation all during the war. The 'sea bridge' and 'air bridge' had to hold or England would starve. Even our Liberty Ships were built for one way trips, after than it was pure gravy if they lasted. Submarine commanders couldn't believe that only one torpedo could sink a ship. Some Liberty Ships cracked and sank in extremely cold water.

Most healthy diet?? Your food ministry recommended too much rhubarb and many people had too high oxalate intake.

>>>>We need to lose the sweet tooth.
Manufacturers only make things that are sweet.

>>>>Do you guys in the US have clear food nutritional labelling?
Only due to so much 'international' packaging. Our labeling laws are very political and some things have to have different portions for nutritional labeling. Nutella must use 2 tablespoons while similar products can use 1. Pam, a spray was labelled non fat because the manufacturer chose 1/3124th of a second as the serving size even though the average user sprayed for ten seconds thus applying 55.2 grams of fat.
much of our labeling is on curved containers or against an almost invisible background. print is tiny.

terms like non fat or low fat sell products despite an awful taste and lots of added chemicals. its hard to get yogurt anymore because its all gone low fat yogurt or non fat yogurt which means additive and glues and adjectives but no decent food.

Very little here is not laden with sugar, salt, additives and adjectives.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
Thanked by
RogerKint
July 25th, 2018 at 4:18:20 PM permalink

When I research criticisms of keto this is pretty much what I find. "It's bad because it's bad" Though it is true that it is not best for serious athletes.

When I look at the pros, I find a lot of what is seen in this thread. People loose weight, their indicators get better and just as importantly they like what they eat and it's not hard to stick to.

I am sure other diets are good too. It wouldn't surprise me if anti keto (vegan) could be just as good. But that's much harder. Especially because tons of really bad junk food is vegan.

I'm sure its not perfect. But if it has people Loosing weight, getting more nutrients and improving their health indicators AND being happy doing it, it's good.

There's some thing about sacrificing the good in pursuit of the perfect. I think it's supposed to be a bad idea.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
Thanked by
RigondeauxRogerKint
July 25th, 2018 at 4:26:14 PM permalink
I knew a guy on keto

died many years later, at 100 years old by a drunk driver

keto is bad
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Thanked by
RigondeauxRogerKint
July 25th, 2018 at 4:51:12 PM permalink

For the better part of a century, the sugar industry has been pumping money into brainwashing the public into thinking that Fat is bad for your health.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/09/13/493739074/50-years-ago-sugar-industry-quietly-paid-scientists-to-point-blame-at-fat
Last edited by: gamerfreak on Jul 25, 2018
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
July 25th, 2018 at 5:04:33 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

we never learned it. Home Economics for girls in the fifties taught baking a cake from a package.

Don't you guys get 'biology' as a basic subject?
Here, have the tldr version
Basic nutrition as taught at age 12 in Human Biology

Yes. You are right about the oxalic acid and the fragility of our food delivery chain. Probably as fragile today.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Thanked by
RogerKint
July 25th, 2018 at 5:12:06 PM permalink

Yes. You are right about the oxalic acid and the fragility of our food delivery chain. Probably as fragile today.

We teach biology, but not so much as it relates to nutrition.

Unfortunately most nutrition education is based upon the USDA’s food pyramid, which is also propaganda pushed by the farming industry. It’s not at all based in any scientific or medical research.
GWAE
GWAE
July 25th, 2018 at 5:29:51 PM permalink

Yes GWAE, you are mostly losing water weight. For the reasons you gave. But don't think that's meaningless. It's very good. Inflation is bad. Superficially, this is also how you loose weight in your face.

Nice. The mushrooms are important for a number of reasons.

A lot of is just breaking these really minor mental barriers. Like, it just seems wrong to have a burger without a bun. At first you might feel silly ordering it in a restaurant. Why? No real reason.

Buns do taste good, but I think a pile of extra toppings tastes better.

I was actually going to post that a little bit ago. I was shaving and was like..hmm my face looks less fat.

I love love love mushrooms. I could literally take an entire package and sautee them and just eat those with nothing else.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
OnceDear
OnceDear
July 25th, 2018 at 5:35:01 PM permalink

Unfortunately most nutrition education is based upon the USDA’s food pyramid, which is also propaganda pushed by the farming industry. It’s not at all based in any scientific or medical research.

Holy Cr4p
I just checked that food pyramid out, and Michelle O's replacement idea. It's like you guys got seriously short changed somewhere in history. I know that there's usually some level of simplification when educating kids, but that food pyramid is an abomination.
Proteins, minerals, carbohydrates, vitamins... What are those limey's trying to do? make their kids into scientist geeks. Scrap those highfalutin concepts and just show them a picture of some meat, bread and fruit and veg and just make sure you top it all off with a nice topping of sugar and fat. Noooo don't confuse the kids with trivia like there's fat in cheese and meat and sugar in bread. You'll just confuse the little darlings. Fibre? Minerals? my ar5e.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
Thanked by
RS
July 25th, 2018 at 5:39:54 PM permalink
No no no...at the top of the food pyramid is just a big X for no go zone, one half grains one half exercise. Fill in the bottom with absolutely anything else you want, you’re good to go.
GWAE
GWAE
July 25th, 2018 at 5:43:15 PM permalink
todays update,

weight 287.4 (-4.4)
4.4 in 3 days is pretty decent even if it is water weight. I like to see the scale move each day. I am sure in the next day or so I will see a ,4 decrease or maybe even an increase at some point. I am just happy to be back under 290.

food today
2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast, celery with natural peanut butter for lunch, salad with an egg, afternoon snack was a string cheese.
Dinner was my super awesome burger like thing.

I feel good today with my headache going away. I actually havent craved anything in the first few days which was surprising.

I will have 2 tests this weekend. On Friday we are going to an amusement park. We have dining passes which mean we get 2 meals for free. I have no idea what I would eat, I was looking at their offerings and there isnt anything that would work. I also have a cup that gives free pepsi all season long. I havent drank any calories this week and it will be an effort to continue that.

On Sunday I am helping my aunt move. The universal thing to do when you ask someone to move is provide pizza and beer, I will have to turn down both. I am not sure what I am going to do for lunch that day since it is going to be a long day of moving heavy stuff.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
Thanked by
RS
July 25th, 2018 at 6:15:37 PM permalink

We teach biology, but not so much as it relates to nutrition.

Welcome back ZK! ;)

Gee whiz I wonder what other fields of science could be corrupted by private and *gasp* public sector money hmmhmmn LOL
100% risk of ruin
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
July 25th, 2018 at 10:32:41 PM permalink

I was actually going to post that a little bit ago. I was shaving and was like..hmm my face looks less fat.

I love love love mushrooms. I could literally take an entire package and sautee them and just eat those with nothing else.

I eat like 3-4 cartons of mushrooms a week. They are also good for your hormones and getting whatisitcalled, that vitamin you might go low on when doing keto.

A few months ago, Romes was arguing that people on Keto looked like holocaust survivors, which I guess happened to his mom. That concerned me a bit because I was still not sure it was right for me.

Obviously, there is a selection bias, but if you google "keto face gains" some of the results are amazing.

I definitely lost weight in my face and look younger, though some of that is also probably due to intermittent fasting.

https://www.google.com/search?q=keto+face+gains&tbm=isch&tbs=rimg:Cfg0xuyYAnnbIjhqd_1AQKO7YTIEdB45KSbPy5JC12WLyhkJYYDBtFNXnUNtAhDmBhLRatj6Btg6IhFiqypr2ikW9DyoSCWp38BAo7thMEdSxH496hrSJKhIJgR0HjkpJs_1IR8nJWFHEpbY4qEgnkkLXZYvKGQhEaFBpb3mqd7yoSCVhgMG0U1edQEWSHfE532iVKKhIJ20CEOYGEtFoRPvOVnoyfm4kqEgm2PoG2DoiEWBEr3qRRFTDstSoSCarKmvaKRb0PEei0ZX8bG2dY&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiCz5nyg7zcAhWpwlQKHfFoDD0Q9C96BAgBEBs&biw=1247&bih=606&dpr=1
MaxPen
MaxPen
Thanked by
Rigondeaux
July 26th, 2018 at 1:33:45 AM permalink
Discovered Shirataki noodles today. Will be trying them tomorrow. Got a package at the Asian store. I am not doing keto but more paleo however these things are definitely keto. Thought I would throw this out there for those looking for something to use as a pasta.
RS
RS
July 26th, 2018 at 1:55:49 AM permalink
Day 23 of keto diet (sort of) --

Had a bushel of asparaguses with plenty of garlic mixed in. Also a low-quality ribeye with a bunch of blue cheese crumbles dumped on top. Thankfully I found a set of steak knives in my cupboards. It was annoying in the past eating steak with those flimsy Chipotle plastic knives.

I'm starting to get into this whole "cooking" thing, although I can tell there's a HUGE learning curve. Just figuring out what ingredients to buy and where the hell they are at the store is enough to make someone go crazy. I'm obviously just a beginner, so I've only been cooking eggs omelettes* and ribeyes....with obviously vegetables on the side or mixed in.

Avocados are a pain in the poopschute and I'll probably be avoiding them for now on while shopping and cooking. They're just not worth. Garlic seems to be up there, too. Them puppies are spicy AF, too. Figured I'd munch on a clove or two while cooking...it wasn't my best idea (I've also had worse ideas, like the time I tried to just eat a raw onion and raw potato for dinner, but that was in my youthful days, maybe 2-3 years ago).

Some foods have to be WASHED, as the legend goes. I thought that was more for like rich fancy people and/or optional.

Also had Chipotle for lunch. It was good (duh), but I'm still mad I can't eat rice or beans. I still get the salsas and the "funny green things" even though they have carbs because IDGAF.

That's all for now. Until next time. Your favorite neighborhood dietitian, signing off. -RS

It's probably illegal for me to call myself a dietitian because the government. But I keep it thug, I ain't set trippin'.
RS
RS
July 26th, 2018 at 1:57:19 AM permalink

I eat like 3-4 cartons of mushrooms a week. They are also good for your hormones and getting whatisitcalled, that vitamin you might go low on when doing keto.

A few months ago, Romes was arguing that people on Keto looked like holocaust survivors, which I guess happened to his mom. That concerned me a bit because I was still not sure it was right for me.

Obviously, there is a selection bias, but if you google "keto face gains" some of the results are amazing.

I definitely lost weight in my face and look younger, though some of that is also probably due to intermittent fasting.

https://www.google.com/search?q=keto+face+gains&tbm=isch&tbs=rimg:Cfg0xuyYAnnbIjhqd_1AQKO7YTIEdB45KSbPy5JC12WLyhkJYYDBtFNXnUNtAhDmBhLRatj6Btg6IhFiqypr2ikW9DyoSCWp38BAo7thMEdSxH496hrSJKhIJgR0HjkpJs_1IR8nJWFHEpbY4qEgnkkLXZYvKGQhEaFBpb3mqd7yoSCVhgMG0U1edQEWSHfE532iVKKhIJ20CEOYGEtFoRPvOVnoyfm4kqEgm2PoG2DoiEWBEr3qRRFTDstSoSCarKmvaKRb0PEei0ZX8bG2dY&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiCz5nyg7zcAhWpwlQKHfFoDD0Q9C96BAgBEBs&biw=1247&bih=606&dpr=1

That first one is absolutely 1000000% fake, I think.

Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
July 26th, 2018 at 2:40:36 AM permalink
Same eybrows, same nose...

I'm convinced. Keto can transform anyone into a hot girl.

And you were going to spend all that money on hormones and surgery.
GWAE
GWAE
July 26th, 2018 at 3:11:47 AM permalink
I didnt realize that the face thing was a keto thing. Wonder why your face would change so much so quickly.
OnceDear
OnceDear
Thanked by
RS
July 26th, 2018 at 4:37:25 AM permalink

I didnt realize that the face thing was a keto thing. Wonder why your face would change so much so quickly.

all your teeth fall out $:o)
GWAE
GWAE
Thanked by
Rigondeaux
July 26th, 2018 at 3:44:54 PM permalink
Today's weigh in 285.4 (-6.4)

Breakfast and dinner were the same. For dinner we made tacos so I took a ton of taco meat and put it over lettuce. It was good. I missed the shell but it was still good.

Tomorrow we are going to the amusement park so that will be interesting.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
July 26th, 2018 at 3:51:07 PM permalink

I guess you carry a lot of water/ inflammation in yo face.
GWAE
GWAE
July 26th, 2018 at 3:58:23 PM permalink
Wife is annoyed with diet. She has never been a fan of keto because she thinks it is unhealthy. I told her I was doing it on Saturday and she was like ok whatever. Now that I am 4 days in she realizes that I am serious. I went and bought kerrygold butter. After she saw me spending extra money on butter she went into her keto is bad and is going to cause a heart attack, bla bla bla.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
RogerKint
July 26th, 2018 at 5:29:28 PM permalink
Today I fit into a pair of jeans that I couldn't just two weeks ago, and that are six inches smaller than what I was wearing a year ago.
I figure it took me fifteen years to gain the extra one hundred and fifty pounds I was carrying, so taking two or three years to lose it is fine. Fifty plus down, a long way to go.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 26th, 2018 at 6:32:38 PM permalink

I went and bought kerrygold butter. After she saw me spending extra money on butter she went into her keto is bad and is going to cause a heart attack, bla bla bla.

Is there a reason you're getting Kerrygold specifically? It's good butter for sure but you can definitely get real butter for cheaper.
RogerKint
RogerKint
July 26th, 2018 at 6:40:06 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Is there a reason you're getting Kerrygold specifically? It's good butter for sure but you can definitely get real butter for cheaper.

KG is goat
I've not seen butter from grass-fed cows (I can't say grass-fed butter without confusing some) offered at a lower price. Do tell!
100% risk of ruin
RS
RS
July 26th, 2018 at 7:45:38 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

KG is goat
I've not seen butter from grass-fed cows (I can't say grass-fed butter without confusing some) offered at a lower price. Do tell!

Grass-fed butter actually makes sense. None of this grass-fed milk stuff though; that’s just asking for trouble.
RogerKint
RogerKint
July 26th, 2018 at 8:30:59 PM permalink
There was actually some controversy a while back cause some places were feeding their prison cows a blade of grass and calling them grass-fed. I hope that has been cleared up for the sake of the people who trust grocery stores.

Btw, cooking is a great hobby for the AP. These casinos give away so much kitchen gear. Plus, chix luv it, LUV IT!
100% risk of ruin
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
July 26th, 2018 at 10:21:06 PM permalink
Quote: RS

Avocados are a pain in the poopschute and I'll probably be avoiding them for now on while shopping and cooking. They're just not worth. Garlic seems to be up there, too. Them puppies are spicy AF, too. Figured I'd munch on a clove or two while cooking...it wasn't my best idea (I've also had worse ideas, like the time I tried to just eat a raw onion and raw potato for dinner, but that was in my youthful days, maybe 2-3 years ago).

Some foods have to be WASHED, as the legend goes. I thought that was more for like rich fancy people and/or optional.

Not sure if you're meaning eating or preparing, but there are various kitchen devices for certain foods, like peelers, presses, and chop-o-matics, and so forth They're not all worth having, so review is necessary.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
GWAE
GWAE
July 26th, 2018 at 11:36:28 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

It was actually on sale so it wasnt too much more expensive. I read it was some good butter so I figured I would give it a try.
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
July 27th, 2018 at 10:55:35 AM permalink
I am about half way through my weight loss journey. I started this year at 315 lbs and I am currently at 255 lbs. My local gym is offering a discount to have an indirect Calorimetry test done. It is $50.00 at the discount. I have done the formulas based on my age, height, weight, and sex to determine my RMR. However, I have also read these formulas can overestimate by a bit.

Has anybody here had one of these tests done and did the results jibe with what you thought you were burning per day?
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
TigerWu
TigerWu
Thanked by
RogerKint
July 27th, 2018 at 12:48:16 PM permalink
All you guys trying to lose weight, I'm over here stuffing my face trying to GAIN weight.... :-(

Hard to do while still trying to eat clean.
  • Jump to: