Thread Rating:

GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
July 20th, 2018 at 8:10:48 PM permalink
Quote: RS

It's what all the youngin's are sayin' now-a-days.

Haha I was trying to come up with a response that was youngster like but I am old and have no clue what they say now
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
July 20th, 2018 at 8:27:20 PM permalink
Quote: Ace2

I have never used BMI but my understanding is it’s just a factor of your height and weight, which doesn’t mean much. One guy at 6 feet 200 lbs could be a technically obese 30% body fat, another guy at the same height/weight could be a very athletic/muscular 12% body fat.

But they have the same BMI

While BMI is definitely not a perfect measurement, it’s fairly accurate for individuals who do not exercise much, or actively do things to build muscle mass.
Ace2
Ace2
  • Threads: 32
July 20th, 2018 at 8:44:55 PM permalink
Yes, it would be more meaningful for people who don’t lift weights. But even then, there is so much variance in natural build, bone size and natural muscle mass.
It’s all about making that GTA
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
July 21st, 2018 at 12:17:24 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

RS, were you doing keto? How did it end?

I am planning on starting a 10 day keto on Monday. I went shopping this morning and bought lots of meat, fish, eggs, and cheese.

Funny I remember in this thread I said I give up and just going to be fat. Inam disgusted with myself. I weighed myself this morning and are back up to 291. Fml... I am going to force myself to keto for 10 days and then evaluate where I am and how I want to proceed. I tried twice to do weight loss bets on here but no takers. People would have cleaned up on me. Dsmn you HB, for ruining it.

Put lemons in your water or tea. Don't shy away from salt. Avacado is your friend.

I never got the keto flu. However, I've had some cheat days and felt like trash after eating certain foods like potato chips, which I didn't enjoy much anyway.

If you want salty and crunchy have pork rinds.

Here is an article on keto flu.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/keto-flu-symptoms#why-some-people-get-the-keto-flu

One good thing for you could be starving out the microbes in your gut that love sugar and tell your brain they want it. Kill them. Kill them all.

Another thing to realize it that it is a high fat diet. Fat is good! Eat fatty AF meats. That's where you'll be getting your energy. Some people are still afraid of fat and wind up eating too much protein.

It is well suited to all or nothing type people. I'm one too.

Lastly, Dr.s Berry and Berg have great youtube channels.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
July 21st, 2018 at 3:15:01 AM permalink
the correct term for fat AF is thicc
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
GWAE
GWAE
July 21st, 2018 at 4:13:06 AM permalink
Does some last minute research. I think today I am going to get some vitamins. I also read that you should take salt pills and magnesium pills.

I was shocked to learn that veggies have a decent amount of carbs. I was trying to figure out what to eat for snacks. I thought I could eat broccoli and peppers and even dip them in ranch since ranch appears to be ok on keto diets. However a pepper has like 8g of carbs.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
July 21st, 2018 at 8:15:51 AM permalink

Does some last minute research. I think today I am going to get some vitamins. I also read that you should take salt pills and magnesium pills.

I was shocked to learn that veggies have a decent amount of carbs. I was trying to figure out what to eat for snacks. I thought I could eat broccoli and peppers and even dip them in ranch since ranch appears to be ok on keto diets. However a pepper has like 8g of carbs.

Cauliflower is your keto friend. I hope you plan to completely eliminate the Pepsi for the 10 days. A 20oz bottle has 68g of carbs. Do you have a target number for the amount of carbs you will have in a day (10, 20, 30)?
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
July 21st, 2018 at 8:17:10 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

This leads me to ask, if I ever am trapped in a plantless rocky desert, with nothing but a case a beer, should I drink it or hold off until I'm pretty sure I'm near death anyway?

Well, I know that if you are in a survival scenario such as a desert, and you have a certain amount of water, you are NOT supposed to ration it. You are supposed to drink however much you need at any time.

So, in that case, if all you had was beer, you should drink it whenever you're thirsty. It's mostly water, anyway.
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
July 21st, 2018 at 8:31:49 AM permalink
Bag of mixed veggies I like have 130g carbs. That's as much as 12 peanut butter cups. . .

-----

First couple weeks of summer vacation had eight buffets (paying only a $3 - $6 tip). Had to cut way back. Eating that much all at once would make me so tired would have to go home and nap even if I had a full carafe of coffee.

Had a weight loss of negative 10 pounds since the end of May, then a two week vacation brought it back to -4. Now back to exercising every day and should reach a new high for the year soon.
GWAE
GWAE
July 21st, 2018 at 10:00:05 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Cauliflower is your keto friend. I hope you plan to completely eliminate the Pepsi for the 10 days. A 20oz bottle has 68g of carbs. Do you have a target number for the amount of carbs you will have in a day (10, 20, 30)?

Yep it will be gone. We are at a picnic today. Just had a Arizona sweet tea, 72 g.

When I decided that I was going to do this I was going to do 0 carbs but I just realized that veggies have small amounts of carbs. So now I have to figure out what a good number will be. It seems like it isn't keto unless it is 20 or less.

I was thinking good snacks would be cauliflower and broccoli with ranch. Ranch only has 2 carbs for 2 tbls.

So what about exercise? When doing a keto I read that you may be tired. Should I avoid exercise for these 10 days?
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
July 21st, 2018 at 10:09:37 AM permalink
With a little hunting for discounts, you can get a month of Nutrisystem for about $300. If you strictly adhere to it, you will lose fifteen pounds or more. I followed it about 80% of the time for four months and lost over forty pounds. Now, I buy a monthly box every three months and replace roughly a third of my normal meals with one of the NS meals.
On Nutrisystem, you can drink diet soda if you want.
Their discount system is complex with lots of different choices available. Some coupons are good only for your first order, but others are good until you cancel. If you select the diabetic/ pre diabetic program you get the widest choices of food, in my opinion.
I was initially shocked and sad when I saw the size of the servings, but quickly got used to them. You get three meals and three snacks a day on it.
For ten dollars a day, it's one of the best investments in your family's future you can make.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Ace2
Ace2
Thanked by
OnceDear
July 21st, 2018 at 10:23:34 AM permalink

Eat all the vegetables you want...they are the one thing you can’t really overdo.

Throw away the ranch and all the other garbage in your kitchen.

Stop counting grams of anything. Eat a variety of real food, get some exercise a few times a week and everything will fall into place. It really is that easy.
GWAE
GWAE
July 21st, 2018 at 10:23:51 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

With a little hunting for discounts, you can get a month of Nutrisystem for about $300. If you strictly adhere to it, you will lose fifteen pounds or more. I followed it about 80% of the time for four months and lost over forty pounds. Now, I buy a monthly box every three months and replace roughly a third of my normal meals with one of the NS meals.
On Nutrisystem, you can drink diet soda if you want.
Their discount system is complex with lots of different choices available. Some coupons are good only for your first order, but others are good until you cancel. If you select the diabetic/ pre diabetic program you get the widest choices of food, in my opinion.
I was initially shocked and sad when I saw the size of the servings, but quickly got used to them. You get three meals and three snacks a day on it.
For ten dollars a day, it's one of the best investments in your family's future you can make.

I cant afford 300 a month just for me, then another few hundred for wife and kids. I know keto isnt going to be cheap but I am only doing 10 days and then I will figure out what to do after that. I spent $120 on the food I have for the next 10 days but that is going to be for the whole family and there will be some left after.

Eating good is crazy expensive. I can understand why the US us fat. It is much cheaper to eat raman, hot dogs, and spaghetti opposed to steak, chicken, and salmon.
Ace2
Ace2
July 21st, 2018 at 10:40:08 AM permalink

Eating good is crazy expensive. I can understand why the US us fat. It is much cheaper to eat raman, hot dogs, and spaghetti opposed to steak, chicken, and salmon.

It’s also a cultural thing. Buying (and taking the time to prepare) quality food seems to be a very low priority for most Americans. Way too often the priorities here are cheap and fast.

Try convincing someone here to downsize their SUV and eat better instead.
TigerWu
TigerWu
Thanked by
OnceDear
July 21st, 2018 at 10:40:42 AM permalink

It's not WHAT you eat that will make you fat... it's HOW MUCH of it.

The guy eating two packs of ramen every day will be thinner than the guy eating 5 lbs of steak every day.

And you don't even need steak or salmon or any meat at all to eat healthy. But chicken thighs are about the cheapest cut of meat there is.

The U.S. is fat because people don't learn about proper nutrition or how to spend money efficiently on food.

EDIT: The false problem you raise here is that it is "cheaper" to eat junk food, and that's why people are fat. Assuming for the sake of argument this is true, then if you don't want to get fat eating cheap junk food, then simply eat less of it.

"I'm fat because I can only afford dollar store frozen pizzas, which are full of sugar and fattening!"

Okay, so eat less frozen pizza. You'll lose weight and save even MORE money. Problem solved.
billryan
billryan
July 21st, 2018 at 10:42:46 AM permalink

I cant afford 300 a month just for me, then another few hundred for wife and kids. I know keto isnt going to be cheap but I am only doing 10 days and then I will figure out what to do after that. I spent $120 on the food I have for the next 10 days but that is going to be for the whole family and there will be some left after.

You continuously post you can't afford to eat healthy, but then post about how well you are compensating your employees and are charging so much less than your competitors.
Pay yourself first. If worst comes to worse, borrow $1,000 and kick start it. Get your partner's involved. A slimmer, healthier you is good for business. As a new business owner, you'll hear a lot of no's. A successful entrepreneur ignores them.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
July 21st, 2018 at 10:49:27 AM permalink

Yep it will be gone. We are at a picnic today. Just had a Arizona sweet tea, 72 g.

When I decided that I was going to do this I was going to do 0 carbs but I just realized that veggies have small amounts of carbs. So now I have to figure out what a good number will be. It seems like it isn't keto unless it is 20 or less.

I was thinking good snacks would be cauliflower and broccoli with ranch. Ranch only has 2 carbs for 2 tbls.

So what about exercise? When doing a keto I read that you may be tired. Should I avoid exercise for these 10 days?

Remember you can subtract fiber from carbs to get your net carbs.

LOL @ avoiding exercise for the next 10 days....do you even exercise at all?

j/k. i don't exercise anyway. i just thought it was kinda funny

I think the general consensus is to eat 20g or fewer (don't say "less", it's wrong) per day of carbs. Sugar should almost entirely be avoided. Of course, this can be pretty tough to do. Idk if it'll be easy or hard for you to do, it wasn't that difficult for me. The hardest part was just figuring out what I could or couldn't eat.

If you're finding it really difficult to do, then perhaps just slowly ween yourself off of carbs. Hell, probably good enough to just cut out soda altogether and other sugar (that includes sweet tea) and keep eating what you normally eat anyway...although probably don't eat "extra" crap you know isn't good, like chips. Then after a while, start cutting back other stuff. That's my plan right now, at least.

BTW -- Hotdogs are keto. At least the ones that I bought. I think. I cook those f***ers up with some bacon, eggs, other crap, and salsa. Mhmmm, good eating in the neighborhood.
billryan
billryan
July 21st, 2018 at 10:54:00 AM permalink
Keto breath is becoming a thing.
Ace2
Ace2
July 21st, 2018 at 10:56:32 AM permalink

BTW -- Hotdogs are keto. At least the ones that I bought. I think. I cook those f***ers up with some bacon, eggs, other crap, and salsa. Mhmmm, good eating in the neighborhood.

If there were a list of foods you should never put in your body under any circumstances, the hot dog might be number 1.
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 21st, 2018 at 11:07:38 AM permalink

If there were a list of foods you should never put in your body under any circumstances, the hot dog might be number 1.

I would say candy is number one - the ones that are basically just flavored/colored sugar. Sweet Tarts, jelly beans, Starburst, etc.

At least hot dogs have real food products in them like meat and spices.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
July 21st, 2018 at 11:08:30 AM permalink
RS has stumbled on to the truth.

GWAE, you don't digest fiber, which is carbs. So fiber carbs don't count.

Your concern is net carbs. Carbs-fiber. Veggies are fine. You can put a bunch in a pan with bacon, salt, pepper and garlic.

Quote: TigerWu

This is incorrect. What you eat and when you eat it both matter.

If nothing else, junk food is designed to be addictive, so this is sort of like saying "use cocaine in moderation" Many, people can do so but many cannot.
GWAE
GWAE
July 21st, 2018 at 11:09:10 AM permalink

You continuously post you can't afford to eat healthy, but then post about how well you are compensating your employees and are charging so much less than your competitors.
Pay yourself first. If worst comes to worse, borrow $1,000 and kick start it. Get your partner's involved. A slimmer, healthier you is good for business. As a new business owner, you'll hear a lot of no's. A successful entrepreneur ignores them.

I dont think I continuously post that, but point taken.

Only problem is that I have 3 partners so it is not as easy as just taking money. We have an agreement that for 9 months no money is being paid out. I negotiated a small salary since I am running the day to day. We made money last month for the first time and will be in the black at the end of next month. Hopefully in 9 months I will be able to take a decent draw and this wont be an issue, but until then it is.
Ace2
Ace2
July 21st, 2018 at 11:10:23 AM permalink

The guy eating two packs of ramen every day will be thinner than the guy eating 5 lbs of steak every day.
d.

The guy eating a 1 lb grass fed steak a few times per week (he won’t want more ) will be much much healthier than the guy living on ramen.
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 21st, 2018 at 11:16:33 AM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

This is incorrect. What you eat and when you eat it both matter.

I know they both matter, OVERALL.

WHAT you eat matters for your HEALTH. The issue I was referring to specifically is WEIGHT, which is mostly determined by the HOW MUCH you eat. I was refuting GWAE's point about junk food being the cause of people being fat, when the junk food itself is not the inherent cause of obesity, it's the quantity of it consumed.

The guy eating a 1 lb grass fed steak a few times per week (he won’t want more ) will be much much healthier than the guy living on ramen.

I agree 100%. I wasn't speaking of health, though, only calories consumed.
Ace2
Ace2
July 21st, 2018 at 11:22:34 AM permalink

I would say candy is number one - the ones that are basically just flavored/colored sugar. Sweet Tarts, jelly beans, Starburst, etc.

At least hot dogs have real food products in them like meat and spices.

A hot dog is one of the nastiest, most processed, carcinogenic foods there is.

On the other hand, a hamburger can be quite healthy if you buy/make it properly.

At least candy is “just” sugar. The lesser of two evils in this case.
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 21st, 2018 at 11:27:44 AM permalink

A hot dog is one of the nastiest, most processed, carcinogenic foods there is.

I've seen "healthier" hot dog options on the market... but I haven't bought a hot dog in I don't know how long so I don't know exactly what's in them.
GWAE
GWAE
July 21st, 2018 at 11:55:04 AM permalink

WHAT you eat matters for your HEALTH. The issue I was referring to specifically is WEIGHT, which is mostly determined by the HOW MUCH you eat. I was refuting GWAE's point about junk food being the cause of people being fat, when the junk food itself is not the inherent cause of obesity, it's the quantity of it consumed.

I agree 100%. I wasn't speaking of health, though, only calories consumed.

I guess that is the guns dont kill people, people kill people argument.
I think people are fat because of overeating, and having cheaper bad food in which they can overeat. If everyone over ate broccoli and chicken then they wouldn't be fat, well at least not as fat. That is assuming it is cooked healthy.

If I go to a buffet I am picking Chinese, potatoes, and Mexican instead of eating the chicken, salad, and other healthy food.

I am not even sure which point I am making. I over eat and I overeat the wrong food. Inam wrong on both ends.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
July 21st, 2018 at 11:59:55 AM permalink

I've spent a lot of time looking into it. Including looking at criticisms of keto and fasting. It's pretty clear to me, at least, that what you eat matters because it affects the way your body burns food, what tastes good to you and how hungry you feel.

Moreover, when you eat right, you will usually be full at the appropriate time. I guess if someone wanted to do keto and IF and constantly eat more food than they wanted to try to prove a point, they would gain fat.

However, doing straight calorie restriction usually winds up failing because you still feel hungry. You still fight constant cravings. You sometimes feel low energy and want to eat high carb foods for a quick burst of energy.

The current Snickers ad campaign embraces this.
billryan
billryan
July 21st, 2018 at 12:21:30 PM permalink
The best part of Nutrisystem is the six meals a day. If you have lunch at 3pm, you can snack at 5 , eat dinner at 8 and snack at 11. By the time you get hungry, it's time to eat.
GWAE
GWAE
July 21st, 2018 at 12:37:15 PM permalink

The best part of Nutrisystem is the six meals a day. If you have lunch at 3pm, you can snack at 5 , eat dinner at 8 and snack at 11. By the time you get hungry, it's time to eat.

The only thing that seems tough with nutrisystem is when you are on the run all day. What do you do then? Today I am at a picnic. At least if I was doing keto today I could eat a plain cheeseburger all day long.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
July 21st, 2018 at 12:49:17 PM permalink

"I'm fat because I can only afford dollar store frozen pizzas, which are full of sugar and fattening!"

Okay, so eat less frozen pizza. You'll lose weight and save even MORE money. Problem solved.

I'm pretty sure I could get by on one Totino's pizza a day and eat nothing else. That would be just over $1 per day for my food. I must just eat a lot less volume of food than most people.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
July 21st, 2018 at 12:52:46 PM permalink
Fwiw you should probably just avoid any food with the word “dog” in it to be safe. Did Nutrisystem (tm) recently do a MLM seminar in Henderson?
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
July 21st, 2018 at 1:29:44 PM permalink
I like the site

https://www.marksdailyapple.com/

Alot of useful information gathered on eating right. More paleo than pure keto but both are pretty much in alignment. The quality of what you eat is way more important than anything else. You're not going to get a good strong brick wall building it with gunky mortar. That shit is gonna crumble in a few years. Same principle.
RS
RS
July 21st, 2018 at 1:39:18 PM permalink
You’re all heretics, trying to lie to me, saying hot dogs are unhealthy! Obviously I lather them with a good amount of mayonnaise (don’t say “mayo”, that’s stupid) to keep the fat content high. Come on, I’m not stupid.
Ace2
Ace2
Thanked by
djatc
July 21st, 2018 at 1:51:24 PM permalink

You’re all heretics, trying to lie to me, saying hot dogs are unhealthy! Obviously I lather them with a good amount of mayonnaise (don’t say “mayo”, that’s stupid) to keep the fat content high. Come on, I’m not stupid.

Do you anything other than garbage ?
Ace2
Ace2
July 21st, 2018 at 1:56:49 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

The quality of what you eat is way more important than anything else. You're not going to get a good strong brick wall building it with gunky mortar. That shit is gonna crumble in a few years. Same principle.

Exactly.

The other thing is, you’re generally not going to overeat real food. It’s delicious but not addictive like a bag of potato chips. You’re usually satisfied and done with about one portion.
GWAE
GWAE
July 21st, 2018 at 2:55:18 PM permalink

Remember you can subtract fiber from carbs to get your net carbs.

LOL @ avoiding exercise for the next 10 days....do you even exercise at all?

j/k. i don't exercise anyway. i just thought it was kinda funny

I think the general consensus is to eat 20g or fewer (don't say "less", it's wrong) per day of carbs. Sugar should almost entirely be avoided. Of course, this can be pretty tough to do. Idk if it'll be easy or hard for you to do, it wasn't that difficult for me. The hardest part was just figuring out what I could or couldn't eat.

If you're finding it really difficult to do, then perhaps just slowly ween yourself off of carbs. Hell, probably good enough to just cut out soda altogether and other sugar (that includes sweet tea) and keep eating what you normally eat anyway...although probably don't eat "extra" crap you know isn't good, like chips. Then after a while, start cutting back other stuff. That's my plan right now, at least.

Hey if I can do this then maybe I will exercise

But seriously, is exercise good for not good on keto. I would think without carbs then it would be hard to have the energy.

But then again joe Rogan does keto and he is a beast.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
July 21st, 2018 at 3:41:53 PM permalink
It's probably best to avoid strenuous work outs while transitioning to your new energy source.

After a while, you can work out as hard as you want. But you will lack energy if you are not getting lots of fat.
billryan
billryan
July 21st, 2018 at 4:32:47 PM permalink

The only thing that seems tough with nutrisystem is when you are on the run all day. What do you do then? Today I am at a picnic. At least if I was doing keto today I could eat a plain cheeseburger all day long.

With a little planning, it isn't an issue. Most of the lunch and dinners require a microwave, but not all. A lot of them don't require refrigeration. Most breakfasts and snacks don't require either. If I am driving to LA for the day, I switch my breakfast muffin for my lunch entree. A snack can be a few slices of cheese or a handful of grapes. You also get three lunches "free" a month where you can eat a modest amount of almost anything. Same with dinners.
I followed it strictly for three months and then switched to half my meals. Now it's closer to a third. That's only $100 a month.
My weight loss has slowed down but it's still going in the right direction. I still over indulge on occasion and adjust a little the. next few days. They even have a website where you can see what you can eat at popular chains.
vegas
vegas
Thanked by
OnceDear
July 21st, 2018 at 7:25:51 PM permalink
There is no secret to losing weight. Calories. Limit your self to 1500 calories a day or less and you will lose weight even if you don't exercise. Learn to eat vegetables and salad (but watch the dressing).

I eat salad every day and add broccoli, red peppers, carrots, celery, cucumber and flax seed. I make a meal out of it. My blood pressure is 105/75. I also don;t eat any processed food at home.

Learn to count calories. It is not hard as it is either on the food you buy or find it on the internet.
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
GWAE
GWAE
July 22nd, 2018 at 10:59:46 AM permalink
Quote: vegas

There is no secret to losing weight. Calories. Limit your self to 1500 calories a day or less and you will lose weight even if you don't exercise. Learn to eat vegetables and salad (but watch the dressing).

I eat salad every day and add broccoli, red peppers, carrots, celery, cucumber and flax seed. I make a meal out of it. My blood pressure is 105/75. I also don;t eat any processed food at home.

Learn to count calories. It is not hard as it is either on the food you buy or find it on the internet.

That is like telling a heroin addict that it is not hard to stop. Same goes with smoking and eating. They are all forms of addictions and it is really not as easy as just eat less. If it were that easy then this thread wouldn't exist.

I spent the morning preparing my lunches for the week and dinner for the next 3 days. On face value this seems like it will be easy. I guess we'll see after the second day.
Ace2
Ace2
July 22nd, 2018 at 11:17:36 AM permalink

That is like telling a heroin addict that it is not hard to stop. Same goes with smoking and eating. They are all forms of addictions and it is really not as easy as just eat less. If it were that easy then this thread wouldn't exist

I agree completely. Most things are addictive and that’s why the initial change is so difficult. A lot of the addiction is just psychological...you’re just used to a routine or perceived reward.

I have quit tobacco, poor eating habits, excessive drinking and several other things. Though I will never quit gambling as it’s a healthy, socially engaging activity for me.

For the the initial change you have to quit turkey, period. You can’t half-ass it. It will be difficult at first but that stage will pass quickly. You will start seeing benefits soon.

Fortunately, addiction goes both ways. You can also become addicted to the gym, making and eating great food, looking and feeling your best.

Good luck.
GWAE
GWAE
July 22nd, 2018 at 11:34:50 AM permalink

I agree completely. Most things are addictive and that’s why the initial change is so difficult. A lot of the addiction is just psychological...you’re just used to a routine or perceived reward.

I have quit tobacco, poor eating habits, excessive drinking and several other things. Though I will never quit gambling as it’s a healthy, socially engaging activity for me.

For the the initial change you have to quit turkey, period. You can’t half-ass it. It will be difficult at first but that stage will pass quickly. You will start seeing benefits soon.

Fortunately, addiction goes both ways. You can also become addicted to the gym, making and eating great food, looking and feeling your best.

Good luck.

Thank you.. I quit drinking pop jan 2017. It wasnt a new years resolution, just coincided with it. Anyways, we were going on vacation April 20th or around there and I had a goal to not drink pop until vacation. I actually did it, after 30 days when I would get the craving i would think about the streak and if i really wanted it to end. That worked for me. However, on vacation I had some and couldn't get back on it.

My cousin does the 21 day fix. She isnt overweight but she still likes to do it. She will do it for 21 days and take until the end of the month off and eat whatever. First of the month she is back on it. She is in good shape and has been doing it for a few years.
Ace2
Ace2
July 22nd, 2018 at 11:59:33 AM permalink

My cousin does the 21 day fix. She isnt overweight but she still likes to do it. She will do it for 21 days and take until the end of the month off and eat whatever. First of the month she is back on it. She is in good shape and has been doing it for a few years.

Don’t do it. That’s a diet, not a lifestyle change
billryan
billryan
July 22nd, 2018 at 12:20:08 PM permalink
Breaking the cycle of two large meals to one of six meals was fairly easy. As was slowly switching to healthy options. Onion soup dip turned into tzatziki dip, chips became crackers, hot dogs slowly disappeared. More water, less beer.
Eating healthy doesn't suck nearly as bad as I thought it would.
Last edited by: billryan on Jul 22, 2018
GWAE
GWAE
Thanked by
Rigondeaux
July 22nd, 2018 at 1:13:28 PM permalink
Ok just had my swan song dinner. We went to Mexican, now I am going to do an 18 hour fast and start keto tomorrow for lunch. I am going to post in here about my progress.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
July 22nd, 2018 at 1:16:02 PM permalink
If you don't have enough will power just calculate your BSR to lose 40lbs in 4 years or something like that. Everything comes to those who weight.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
vegas
vegas
July 22nd, 2018 at 6:18:10 PM permalink
That's what I also found out about eating healthy. I used to eat like crap and did a life style change. Once I stared to eat right I agree it did not suck at all. Just had to find the right combination to add vegetables and salad was the answer. When I travel I eat whatever I want but at home I eat healthy
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
RS
RS
July 22nd, 2018 at 6:45:46 PM permalink
Is creamed spinach and green beans healthy? Probably not but maybe?
vegas
vegas
July 22nd, 2018 at 6:48:12 PM permalink
Spinach...yes
Green beans....yes
The cream part...not so much. Too much fat.
  • Jump to: