Thread Rating:

TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 17
April 12th, 2018 at 8:29:44 AM permalink
Quote: ZenKinG

Get your flavor from food, not from liquids.

Coffee and tea is good for flavor, and those are basically just water, too.

I also drink milk.

But I don't understand how people can drink so much soda.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 26
April 12th, 2018 at 8:39:37 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Most juice is just as bad as soda - it's all sugar water...

100% agree, though in the midwest we call it pop, because carbonation pops =).

Final thoughts on weight loss
In the end everyone wants what they think is the most 'efficient' way, which often times is the maximum results for the minimum effort. The only way to see real change is to have real change in your life (like ZK said actually). You need to want to live a healthier lifestyle. That doesn't mean never eating what you want, etc, but just being more conscious of what you're putting in your body and making better choices some/most of the time (but def not all of the time =D ). Between doing that and actually staying active and working out, HOWEVER you want to do it - biking, hiking, walking, fighting, sports, weights, running, you name it.... it's really really really really really not that hard to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight.

In the end, it boils down to... eating healthy (er) and exercising/being active. No matter WHAT pill you see, what plan/diet you've heard is the next fad, it all doesn't matter. At the core you must eat better and you must exercise. If you don't do those, you will not be losing healthy weight nor maintaining any kind of fictitious loss you do get from some 'diets' that starve your body of things you need (like carbs) and then you lose all of your muscle (i.e. "lose weight").
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 43
April 12th, 2018 at 9:52:24 AM permalink
Quote: ZenKinG

I maybe have about 2 sodas a year. I drink only water each and every day. I don't understand why people can't just drink water? Get your flavor from food, not from liquids.

Quote: TigerWu

But I don't understand how people can drink so much soda.

It's literally an addiction to sugar. There's no better excuse for it than smoking. Someone addicted to feels a dopamine rush from gulping it down.

At the worst of times, I wanted soda first thing in the morning, and would prob drink 40oz+ per day.

I've cut back significantly though. I agree it's disgusting and literal poison.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1194
April 12th, 2018 at 9:57:01 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Ever try peeling those darn hard boiled eggs...frustration and annoyance drives me to consume 5000 calories of booze.

After you take the egg out of the boiling water, you're supposed to immerse it in cool water. That will make it easy to peel later. I'm not sure why this works, but it does.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 43
April 12th, 2018 at 10:02:18 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Ever try peeling those darn hard boiled eggs...frustration and annoyance drives me to consume 5000 calories of booze.

Also the ones that come already peeled taste fine as long as you can get over that they come swimming in a bag of stinky egg water.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 89
Thanks for this post from:
beachbumbabs
April 12th, 2018 at 1:39:10 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

After you take the egg out of the boiling water, you're supposed to immerse it in cool water. That will make it easy to peel later. I'm not sure why this works, but it does.

You also shouldn't use newer eggs. If you use eggs that are a week from expiration those are the best ones.

Easy way to cook eggs. Place eggs in large pot and fill half way with water. Add some salt. Put on high heat and bring to a roaring boil. Once it boils turn off burner and cover pot. Let stand for 12 minutes. While water stands get a large container and fill with water and a bunch of ice. After 12 minutes take eggs and gently place into ice water for about 5 min. Remove and let dry and you will have perfect hard boiled eggs.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
April 12th, 2018 at 2:15:01 PM permalink
Crap I can't find a youtube vid or a gif of Jeremy Jamm on Parks and Rec, but he says to eat the entire edamame, with the shell. Same for eggs. That's where all the healthy part is
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
Ace2
Ace2
  • Threads: 4
April 12th, 2018 at 3:28:15 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

It's literally an addiction to sugar. There's no better excuse for it than smoking. Someone addicted to feels a dopamine rush from gulping it down.

At the worst of times, I wanted soda first thing in the morning, and would prob drink 40oz+ per day.

I've cut back significantly though. I agree it's disgusting and literal poison.

And according to many sources, diet sodas (artificial sweeteners) are even worse for you than regular soda.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 23
April 16th, 2018 at 10:40:08 AM permalink
A friend of a friend, who is a scientician, wrote this thing about some underrated reasons to loose weight, like preventing your knees from exploding. Pretty entertaining writer.

https://medium.com/@jamesheathers/5-proper-reasons-to-lose-weight-e756025691e0
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 148
April 16th, 2018 at 10:59:23 AM permalink
How does one become a scientician?

• Jump to: