Thread Rating:

DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
Thanked by
OnceDearRogerKintGWAERigondeauxmcallister3200
July 30th, 2018 at 8:05:14 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Weighed in this morning at 282.1. Down 9.7 pounds in the first week. Would be nice if that was sustainable. I am not sure what I should expect this week but 2.2 pounds would be ok with me to get me under 280.

I am really rooting for you to stick to the diet throughout the periods you have identified. Not only will you lose weight, it will affirm your mental strength which you may have questioned before.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
July 30th, 2018 at 11:01:16 AM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

I am jihad about fasting though.

Ayyyiyiyiyiyeeee!

No carbs, no fat, no sodium, tastes fine and is cheap af.

Now just gotta find a solution for this sleep nonsense...
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
DRich
DRich
July 30th, 2018 at 11:16:04 AM permalink
Quote: Face

Now just gotta find a solution for this sleep nonsense...

Sleeping is easy. 10mg of Ambien every night for the last 15 years.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
July 30th, 2018 at 11:18:33 AM permalink
Rig how long do you fast and how often.

I think keto people put a fast into their schedule because meat is expensive AF
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
July 30th, 2018 at 11:56:22 AM permalink

Rig how long do you fast and how often.

I think keto people put a fast into their schedule because meat is expensive AF

Keep in mind I am a jihadi. But there are people who go way beyond this.

I do not have a fixed program. But I try to go 18 hours a few times a week. 24+ once a week. 48 to 72 once a month.

I might just do 18 hours for a while. I might just do 2 24s and eat pretty normally for a week etc.

I hope to do 7 days at least once.

I recommend just mixing in some 18 hours to start.

I had a trip recently where I chucked keto, like you are planning to. I mixed in some 18 hours, which I think you should do. Just keeps things in check.

It's a slow steady building process. For me, I began with IF. Then added Keto maybe 8 months later. More recently, I've begun to pay attention to hormonal and gut health. (Over 40 years old)

I suggest just getting real comfortable with keto and learning all about it. Just throwing in 18 hours whenever the opportunity arrives and it will be easy. When you are super solid and you are feeling in control of yourself, like drich mentioned, you can add stuff and not be overwhelmed.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
July 30th, 2018 at 3:41:11 PM permalink

Keep in mind I am a jihadi.

terrorist ban
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
GWAE
GWAE
August 1st, 2018 at 3:32:40 AM permalink
held weight today at 282.2. I think it is because I had a little poor yesterday. Breakfast I had 2 eggs with cheese, lunch was a hot sausage link and grilled chicken. I had a lite dinner planned but mother in law called and wanted to take us out to dinner for anniversary. I picked chili's because there were a few things that were low carb. I got the combo with brisket and half ribs. Nutritional menu said those 2 have 16 grams of carbs combined. When it came out it was drenched in BBQ sauce so I am not sure if those numbers were accurate. Weird enough I ate the brisket and some broccoli and felt stuffed so thats all I had. Hopefully the carbs were not too bad with the BBQ sauce.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
August 1st, 2018 at 3:53:23 AM permalink

held weight today at 282.2. I think it is because I had a little poor yesterday. Breakfast I had 2 eggs with cheese, lunch was a hot sausage link and grilled chicken. I had a lite dinner planned but mother in law called and wanted to take us out to dinner for anniversary. I picked chili's because there were a few things that were low carb. I got the combo with brisket and half ribs. Nutritional menu said those 2 have 16 grams of carbs combined. When it came out it was drenched in BBQ sauce so I am not sure if those numbers were accurate. Weird enough I ate the brisket and some broccoli and felt stuffed so thats all I had. Hopefully the carbs were not too bad with the BBQ sauce.

Well, holding the weight steady is not, of itself a setback. Keep up the good work.
The ribs looked pretty delish, but I fear the bbq sauce was very heavy in sugary carbs. Serious question:-
If you slip in cheat a day with carbs, doesn't that undo the keto state that your body was in for a few days thus defeating the object a little. Not saying you will have cheat days, just asking.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
GWAE
GWAE
August 1st, 2018 at 7:25:25 AM permalink
from what I understand, having a cheat day will delay ketosis by 1-3 days so not detrimental. You will also gain a bunch of water weight because the body will store water with the carbs. I am planning a cheat day on Sunday so I guess I will see. I am not going overboard like eating an entire pizza, but I will have 1 pepsi, ice cream cone, and probably chicken tenders and fries for dinner. After dinner I am going to fast for 15-18 hours as well.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
Thanked by
OnceDear
August 1st, 2018 at 10:50:01 AM permalink

from what I understand, having a cheat day will delay ketosis by 1-3 days so not detrimental. You will also gain a bunch of water weight because the body will store water with the carbs. I am planning a cheat day on Sunday so I guess I will see. I am not going overboard like eating an entire pizza, but I will have 1 pepsi, ice cream cone, and probably chicken tenders and fries for dinner. After dinner I am going to fast for 15-18 hours as well.

Skip the Pepsi. Get your taste buds retrained, it hasn't been long enough yet. Having one now will just make the craving worse. JMHO.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
GWAE
GWAE
August 1st, 2018 at 10:55:45 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Skip the Pepsi. Get your taste buds retrained, it hasn't been long enough yet. Having one now will just make the craving worse. JMHO.

yeah probably right.. we'll see. My original plan was to do this for a few weeks with this built in day, and then next week again before vacation. This was kind of a test to see if I wanted to do it and how well it worked. After vacation is when I am making the decision if I want to do keto for the rest of the year or do weight watchers again.
DRich
DRich
Thanked by
OnceDear
August 1st, 2018 at 11:08:54 AM permalink

yeah probably right.. we'll see. My original plan was to do this for a few weeks with this built in day, and then next week again before vacation. This was kind of a test to see if I wanted to do it and how well it worked. After vacation is when I am making the decision if I want to do keto for the rest of the year or do weight watchers again.

I agree with Babs, skip the Pepsi. Pepsi is too easy and convenient for you to fall back on. It is always available. Go ahead and eat your fingers and fries, you deserve it.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
August 1st, 2018 at 12:40:35 PM permalink

Weight loss is non linear and generally weird. Sometimes it stalls for prolonged periods. Sometimes you loose a little unexpectedly.
GWAE
GWAE
August 1st, 2018 at 1:22:17 PM permalink
I used to say one reason I over ate was because the part of my brain that told me I was full is broken. I could eat a full meal and my stomach would growl and I would feel hungry. With this diet I seem to be full quickly and for hours. Last night I had a small amount of brisket and a few broccoli and I was full. Normally I would have eaten everything including chips and 3 glasses of Pepsi. Off to make dinner. Pictures to come soon.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
Thanked by
OnceDearVCUSkyhawk
August 1st, 2018 at 1:39:42 PM permalink
Depending on your background or other views this may be longer than necessary, but I post it as it may be of interest to some.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuIlsN32WaE
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
OnceDear
OnceDear
August 1st, 2018 at 2:15:11 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Depending on your background or other views this may be longer than necessary, but I post it as it may be of interest to some.

+100
Awesomely clear presentation. Even with a bit of a science background, you'd probably be shocked by the one question asked and answered there.
Keto/Atkins/Weightwatchers/Whatever...All rely on the same simple answer.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
GWAE
GWAE
August 1st, 2018 at 2:23:02 PM permalink

Lol I like the ending. Eat less and move more. That was a long explanation to get there.

Funny thing is I was thinking about this today. I was wondering where weight went. I lost about 10 pounds but I guarantee I haven't crapped more than 10 pounds plus food. This was a good explanation of what happens. I liked the balloon experiment.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
Thanked by
RogerKint
August 1st, 2018 at 3:04:56 PM permalink

I used to say one reason I over ate was because the part of my brain that told me I was full is broken. I could eat a full meal and my stomach would growl and I would feel hungry. With this diet I seem to be full quickly and for hours. Last night I had a small amount of brisket and a few broccoli and I was full. Normally I would have eaten everything including chips and 3 glasses of Pepsi. Off to make dinner. Pictures to come soon.

This is a big part of the reason keto and some other diets succeed where calorie restriction fails.

Many companies actually promote their addictive qualities.

Nobody can eat just one lays potato chip.

If you go too long without a snickers you feel weak and upset.

White castle is cravable.

Slurm... It's highly addictive!
OnceDear
OnceDear
August 1st, 2018 at 3:15:55 PM permalink

Lol I like the ending. Eat less and move more. That was a long explanation to get there.

Funny thing is I was thinking about this today. I was wondering where weight went. I lost about 10 pounds but I guarantee I haven't crapped more than 10 pounds plus food. This was a good explanation of what happens. I liked the balloon experiment.

Who'd have thought that 84% of the weight we lose is CO2 * exhaled and the rest is H2O * we pee, exhale, or sweat.
The trick is just getting our bodies to pump those molecules out from our fat stores, through our metabolism and out of our lungs.
Eat less and move more. Foolproof.

Seeing how it's all about carbon and hydrogen and oxygen, it's no wonder we fixate on 'carbohydrates'. But the Human fat molecule is a mix of those three elements too, just like animal fat.
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
August 1st, 2018 at 4:09:06 PM permalink

Thanks for the link RX. The geek in me loved this video. I am down around 65 lbs for the year. Thats alot of CO2 and water.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
GWAE
GWAE
August 2nd, 2018 at 2:54:15 PM permalink
I went 2 straight days with no movement on weight so I decided to do a 24 hour fast. (I drank water, is that allowed on a fast?) Then for dinner I made a chicken dish that had 9 carbs. Gonna hope for the best on my weigh in tomorrow morning.
OnceDear
OnceDear
August 2nd, 2018 at 3:07:08 PM permalink

I went 2 straight days with no movement on weight so I decided to do a 24 hour fast. (I drank water, is that allowed on a fast?) Then for dinner I made a chicken dish that had 9 carbs. Gonna hope for the best on my weigh in tomorrow morning.

Noooo when fasting, you must not eat or drink, except maybe a few grams of dust. Dust is low in carbs and 0 fat :o)

Of course you can drink water, silly $:o)
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
August 2nd, 2018 at 3:16:02 PM permalink
Water yes. You should have some salt too but it's not a big deal on a 24 hour one.

You're gonna have stalls. Just part if the process. The fast was a good idea. But don't worry a lot about the short term losses.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
August 2nd, 2018 at 3:41:49 PM permalink
Short aside: If I ever open a restaurant (and I never will) I really would have a menu item named "Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!"
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
GWAE
GWAE
August 2nd, 2018 at 5:07:07 PM permalink

Water yes. You should have some salt too but it's not a big deal on a 24 hour one.

You're gonna have stalls. Just part if the process. The fast was a good idea. But don't worry a lot about the short term losses.

I actually wasn't hungry at all during it. I know it was only 24 hours but probably the longest that I have gone in a while.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
LoneStarLyla
August 3rd, 2018 at 1:54:56 AM permalink
I don't think weighing yourself every day is a good idea. Once a week or even less is my suggestion.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
NokTang
NokTang
  • Threads: 56
August 3rd, 2018 at 2:23:02 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

I don't think weighing yourself every day is a good idea. Once a week or even less is my suggestion.

That goes against all the "professional advice" I've read. Establishing a goal then striving to meet it along with of course paying a "weight loss.." outfit real money up front the key?
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
August 3rd, 2018 at 3:32:19 AM permalink
You should weigh yourself everyday, but don't worry about the day-to-day differences.
GWAE
GWAE
August 3rd, 2018 at 3:37:04 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

I have heard both ways. To do it and not to. I like to do it every day because it gives me motivation. If I go to eat something then I think about the scale in the morning. When it is once a week I tell myself I can get it back tomorrow if I eat badly.
OnceDear
OnceDear
August 3rd, 2018 at 3:49:16 AM permalink

I have heard both ways. To do it and not to. I like to do it every day because it gives me motivation. If I go to eat something then I think about the scale in the morning. When it is once a week I tell myself I can get it back tomorrow if I eat badly.

I'd go with daily or every other day, and stick it on a graph. Only days where your weight actually goes up should be cause for changing your regime. You know when you've 'eaten badly'. Deal with those events. Fasting just 'cos you've stalled for a couple of days is possibly overkill.
GWAE
GWAE
August 3rd, 2018 at 4:02:43 AM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

I'd go with daily or every other day, and stick it on a graph. Only days where your weight actually goes up should be cause for changing your regime. You know when you've 'eaten badly'. Deal with those events. Fasting just 'cos you've stalled for a couple of days is possibly overkill.

It was an accidental fast. I didnt have time to make breakfast and then forgot my lunch so I figured might as well just fast
OnceDear
OnceDear
August 3rd, 2018 at 5:38:36 AM permalink
Lol. So double lunch the next day ;)
I'm just out shopping for tonight's chickenfest. Todays brunch is lager. $:o)
GWAE
GWAE
August 3rd, 2018 at 6:36:05 AM permalink
good weigh in this morning. -2.1. Currently at 280.1 and -11.7

Forgot to eat breakfast as I was in a hurry this morning and all I have for lunch is celery. I might go home early anyways so I guess it doesnt matter.
GWAE
GWAE
Thanked by
OnceDear
August 3rd, 2018 at 12:08:21 PM permalink
oops I did it again. I ate dinner last night at 5. I was rushing this morning and didn't make breakfast. I was planning on coming home around noon so I didn't take lunch. Before I knew it it was 2pm. I got home and figured I couldn't eat now since dinner will be in 2 hours. So I guess I am 24 hour fasting again by accident. Normally when something like this would happen I would run to Wendys or would grab something out of the vending machine but on this diet I didn't have many options so I just didn't eat. I am not hungry surprisingly though.
Face
Administrator
Face
August 3rd, 2018 at 3:01:56 PM permalink

So I guess I am 24 hour fasting again by accident. Normally when something like this would happen I would run to Wendys or would grab something out of the vending machine but on this diet I didn't have many options so I just didn't eat. I am not hungry surprisingly though.

And so it begins. Bienvenue and welcome.
GWAE
GWAE
August 3rd, 2018 at 3:25:07 PM permalink

What does?
BTLWI
BTLWI
  • Threads: 6
August 5th, 2018 at 2:32:29 PM permalink

There's a thing called dry fast where water isn't allowed. There's hard dry fast and soft. On a hard one you can't even touch water - no shower, brushing teeth, etc...
GWAE
GWAE
August 5th, 2018 at 3:41:05 PM permalink
Quote: BTLWI

There's a thing called dry fast where water isn't allowed. There's hard dry fast and soft. On a hard one you can't even touch water - no shower, brushing teeth, etc...

Oh gee that's just crazy.
Face
Administrator
Face
August 5th, 2018 at 4:39:10 PM permalink

What does?

Your foray into intermittent fasting. Again, I don't know f#$% all about dieting, so take any advice of mine with a glass of water. But it seems perfect common sense that any animal with our biology, lifestyles, and habitat needn't eat every single day. And I can say with pure anecdotal evidence that I've not made one single choice that's had as much of a positive effect on my physical self than IF has done for me, and I include cessation of all the drugs and alcohol into that consideration. It gave me my fire back, along with relieving that loaded feeling in my gut and jacking my energy levels right up to teenhood.

Just saying, but you do you. Keep it up.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
August 5th, 2018 at 4:50:07 PM permalink

What does?

Your foray into intermittent fasting. Again, I don't know f#$% all about dieting, so take any advice of mine with a glass of water. But it seems perfect common sense that any animal with our biology, lifestyles, and habitat needn't eat every single day. And I can say with pure anecdotal evidence that I've not made one single choice that's had as much of a positive effect on my physical self than IF has done for me, and I include cessation of all the drugs and alcohol into that consideration. It gave me my fire back, along with relieving that loaded feeling in my gut and jacking my energy levels right up to teenhood.

Just saying, but you do you. Keep it up.

Do you do longer fasts, or aspire to?

What's your career best?
Face
Administrator
Face
August 5th, 2018 at 5:28:36 PM permalink

What's your career best?

Well, understand that I probably never have done a "true fast" or whatever the serious folk call it. I start almost every day and certainly every work day with 6-12oz of 2%, so I certainly have at least that much sugar and fats and protein every day no matter what. I also smoke like a tire fire so use Lifesavers (Wint-O-green) to retard that as much as possible, and that's not "true fasting".

But currently, as it's summer and I'm grinding all day / every day, most are just day-longs with an occasional doubler now and again, usually due to workload. Figure I eat 5 or 6 times a week @ one meal p/day max. Come winter when work pours over the walls to begin the annual drowning and my mood is down around "ready to die and getting impatient about it", I might eat once or twice a week for 2 months, or so it has been going for the last 3 years or so. From T-giving to Xmas I'll eat maybe 6 or 7 times, basically running a repeating 3-5 day fast with one solid, proper meal to break it, and will maintain multi-day fasts right up until tournament time in Mar-Apr.

Those 5 day stretches are probably my record, and I've no reason to attempt to better it, though I do imagine anything up to 1week would be cake.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
August 5th, 2018 at 8:04:00 PM permalink

Well, understand that I probably never have done a "true fast" or whatever the serious folk call it. I start almost every day and certainly every work day with 6-12oz of 2%, so I certainly have at least that much sugar and fats and protein every day no matter what. I also smoke like a tire fire so use Lifesavers (Wint-O-green) to retard that as much as possible, and that's not "true fasting".

But currently, as it's summer and I'm grinding all day / every day, most are just day-longs with an occasional doubler now and again, usually due to workload. Figure I eat 5 or 6 times a week @ one meal p/day max. Come winter when work pours over the walls to begin the annual drowning and my mood is down around "ready to die and getting impatient about it", I might eat once or twice a week for 2 months, or so it has been going for the last 3 years or so. From T-giving to Xmas I'll eat maybe 6 or 7 times, basically running a repeating 3-5 day fast with one solid, proper meal to break it, and will maintain multi-day fasts right up until tournament time in Mar-Apr.

Those 5 day stretches are probably my record, and I've no reason to attempt to better it, though I do imagine anything up to 1week would be cake.

Cigarettes are your friend.

When I was drinking and smoking, I only ate 3-4 times per week, that seemed to work. Those cigs always gave me that surge of dopamine, or something like that.

Remember, "there is a pork chop in every bottle".
GWAE
GWAE
Thanked by
OnceDearmcallister3200
August 6th, 2018 at 5:12:12 AM permalink
Sunday weigh in was 277.1 (-14.7)
So yesterday I went to the amusement park and did my planned break from keto. I did "ok" but I don't feel that I overdid it. It was 90 degrees with 80% humidity so it was kind of a gross day. I did have a pepsi and I also had a sweet tea. I drank about 200 ounces of water and walked 21k steps. There were some times that my shirt was completely soaked from sweat as well because of the temps so I feel like I burned off a bunch of that as well. For breakfast I had a nice keto omelette. For lunch I had half of a italian hoagie and for dinner I had 2 chicken tenders and maybe 12 french fries with honey mustard. The lines for ice cream were very long and I thought I was going to get out of the day without ice cream but on the way home the kids saw a wendys and asked if we could get frostys instead. So I had a small chocolate frosty.
I feel that I could have eaten a lot worse and I probably would have if I wasn't on a 2 week keto diet already.

One thing that I noticed today was when I woke up my stomach was growling like I have been starving for a month. I am not sure if that was the carbs or what the deal was but it kinda sucked. I drank a very large glass of water with lemon and then some coffee with sweet n low and went to work. Other than that I plan on doing a 36 hour fast today and will eat a nice keto breakfast tomorrow. I also don't plan on weighing myself until tomorrow morning. If I can get on the scale under 278 tomorrow I will consider the weekend a win.
BTLWI
BTLWI
  • Threads: 6
Thanked by
Rigondeaux
August 9th, 2018 at 6:12:22 PM permalink

What's your career best?

I've done 3,5,9,13 day fasts. I'd only recommend 3 day max now. That should be long enough for benefits of autophagy, insulin reduction, norephedrine increase etc...

Any longer and you'll spend every waking moment thinking about food and watching 12 hours of food videos on YouTube.

The great thing about carnivore is there is zero hunger but still weight loss. If you're hungry you eat.
GWAE
GWAE
August 9th, 2018 at 6:13:03 PM permalink
I have been busy this week so I haven't been on here much. I did my cheat day and I am currently at 276.0.

However about an hour ago I was sitting on the couch and got a little pain in my groin. I had kidney stones a few years ago and this pain is similar. I haven't had much water in the last 2 days. I have been so busy at work that I just haven't thought about it. So I am wondering if I have a uti, kidney stones, or could be dehydrated due to lack of salt and water. I just drank 100oz of water on short order and 2 propel drinks for electrolytes. I feel fine other than this pain so I dont think it is dehydration. My guess is kidney stones. I am trying to lay down for bed but that is not working out well.

Not sure if this is diet related but it sucks either way.

Funny thing is I talked about kidney stones this morning at work and here it is. Wtf is up with that
GWAE
GWAE
August 9th, 2018 at 7:12:04 PM permalink
Wife had percocets from her c section 5 years ago. No clue if they are any good but I popped one. I just ran to the store and bought dulcolax, cranberry juice, and lemons. I am not constipated but I am making sure.

I am throwing everything at it that I can. Pain on scale 1-10... 45
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
August 9th, 2018 at 7:42:45 PM permalink
No idea how credible this source is. However he says keto greatly reduces gout and stones...

Unless you cheat and consume a lot of fructose at once.

https://mysugarfreejourney.com/does-a-ketogenic-diet-cause-kidney-stones/

However, there is one huge caveat to all this. If you are already susceptible to these diseases, once you are on a ketogenic diet, you can’t cheat. Cheating is almost always a surefire way to rapidly up the amount of uric acid in your blood and begin to see those gout symptoms or start creating kidney stones. The most common stories I hear are usually right after a big Holiday and someone eats a lot of Halloween candy or Christmas cookies or after a weekend out on the lake where they have gotten dehydrated and had a few too many beers. Rapidly increasing the amount of fructose you consume in a very short amount of time like that will spike your uric acid levels and increase your risk of a flare up of gout symptoms or kidney stones.
GWAE
GWAE
August 9th, 2018 at 8:38:35 PM permalink
Whelp might be time for hospital. Just got violently ill. Like projectile
GWAE
GWAE
August 9th, 2018 at 8:46:06 PM permalink
So much for a good percocet and all that water. Maybe I shouldn't have had 150 ounces of liquid in 90 minutea
GWAE
GWAE
August 9th, 2018 at 9:26:55 PM permalink

No idea how credible this source is. However he says keto greatly reduces gout and stones...

Unless you cheat and consume a lot of fructose at once.

https://mysugarfreejourney.com/does-a-ketogenic-diet-cause-kidney-stones/

However, there is one huge caveat to all this. If you are already susceptible to these diseases, once you are on a ketogenic diet, you can’t cheat. Cheating is almost always a surefire way to rapidly up the amount of uric acid in your blood and begin to see those gout symptoms or start creating kidney stones. The most common stories I hear are usually right after a big Holiday and someone eats a lot of Halloween candy or Christmas cookies or after a weekend out on the lake where they have gotten dehydrated and had a few too many beers. Rapidly increasing the amount of fructose you consume in a very short amount of time like that will spike your uric acid levels and increase your risk of a flare up of gout symptoms or kidney stones.

I wonder if it has anything to do with my cheat day on sunday.
  • Jump to: