Thread Rating:

Puckerbutt
Puckerbutt
  • Threads: 1
Thanks for this post from:
Forager
August 13th, 2019 at 9:11:17 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Dumb rule. Say goodbye to most of the traffic this forum gets.

If it will keep you around - I can start a new thread about Cissy Bottoms that should be well within the new forum rules.
If'n I'd a knowed you wanted to have went with me - I'd a seen that you got to get to go.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 16
August 13th, 2019 at 9:21:35 AM permalink
Quote: Puckerbutt

If it will keep you around - I can start a new thread about Cissy Bottoms that should be well within the new forum rules.

What in God’s name is a “Cissy Bottom?”
Lock him up!
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 119
michael99000gordonm888MDawgCyrusV
August 13th, 2019 at 9:22:10 AM permalink

Is anyone actually going to be posting here more now than they did previously?

To start, perhaps a select few people who couldn't figure out how to block threads they didn't like will post more to try to prove a point. But that will die off.

Judging from a few replies in this thread, yes. To your second two sentences:

1.) They shouldn't have to block new threads every day. If you guys could have just had one or two politics threads and been happy with that, then this wouldn't have happened.

2.) Blocking threads is not available if you are not a member of the site already. They think they are coming to a gambling forum and see 7/10 non-gambling threads on the recent threads list and we look like a joke. Are they going to create an account and block threads on a site they don't think discusses gambling that often in the first place?

3.) Hopefully, this extends to not accusing every new member of being some kind of a sock. They either make a gambling post, or they do not make a gambling post. Either respond to the post or do not respond to the post. Accusing people of being socks is not going to have a negative impact on someone who is actually a sock, only on those who are not socks.
Vultures can't be choosers.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 16
August 13th, 2019 at 9:35:59 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

2.) Blocking threads is not available if you are not a member of the site already. They think they are coming to a gambling forum and see 7/10 non-gambling threads on the recent threads list and we look like a joke. Are they going to create an account and block threads on a site they don't think discusses gambling that often in the first place?

So we should ban politics threads because people who are too lazy to register and post and instead just lurk, offering nothing to the site, may not like to see the politics threads in the recent threads lists. Makes sense.

And we all know if they do register and start posting they're just going to get torn to shreds at first by the APs who want to protect their "trade secrets."
Lock him up!
Mission146
Mission146
MDawgZcore13ForagerCyrusV
August 13th, 2019 at 9:42:53 AM permalink

So we should ban politics threads because people who are too lazy to register and post and instead just lurk, offering nothing to the site, may not like to see the politics threads in the recent threads lists. Makes sense.

And we all know if they do register and start posting they're just going to get torn to shreds at first by the APs who want to protect their "trade secrets."

I didn't realize that what I say is so baffling and the implications of my words difficult to dissect:

POLITICAL POSTS HAVE NO VALUE TO A GAMBLING FORUM, GAMBLING POSTS DO.

It's not just you, it's me, it's everyone. Every post you have ever made in the political threads? Garbage. Every post I have ever made in the political threads? Garbage. The only exceptions being the ones that relate back to my politics betting articles, those articles and posts are fine because they relate to gambling.

It's not that they are too lazy to register, it's that they don't WANT to register and they don't want to register because of what Recent Threads list has made this forum look like. I write here. I was an Administrator here. If I had never been here before and saw the Recent Thread list as it was earlier today, I never would have registered here in the first place.

I'm not naming any names or categories, of posters (like AP's) but I think there are definitely some individual saboteurs in our midst. Accusing people of being socks is a really convenient justification for jumping on new members and getting them to go away.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 24
Mission146HullabalooGWAEForagerrsactuarygamerfreakgordonm888rdw4potus
August 13th, 2019 at 9:51:24 AM permalink
Probably for the best. Of course, it will mean the forum will be on life support.

This will be the third forum I've been on that's been turned into a ghost town by politards.

Said before, but I see politics as being a form of mental illness at this level. People lose touch with reality, their relationships deteriorate and they can't have a normal conversation. They support and engage in behavior that would normally go against their nature.

All ideological madness is based on a cult mechanism. The dogma says, if you believe the dogma, you are automatically morally and intellectually superior to other people. That's why people become addicted to it. Especially people who are insecure in other areas of life. They are constantly reassuring themselves that, even though they are bad with women or professional failures, or weren't cool in high school, or whatever, they are the wise and moral ones. They know the real truth and everyone else is a fool and a bad person.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 230
August 13th, 2019 at 9:53:31 AM permalink
Are the blogs also subject to the same topic restrictions?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 8
August 13th, 2019 at 9:57:53 AM permalink
Are threads on gambling on political elections ok? Like Intrade strategies?
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 90
Mission146
August 13th, 2019 at 9:58:51 AM permalink
I have no idea how I feel about this. I just took a look at my last 20 threads to see where I fall as to what I have started discussion with and I think I am pretty inline with how the forum is wanting to be run.

I then took a look at my last posts and I mostly posted in gaming or betting threads with the exception of weight loss, food, and miscellaneous.

I then took a look at a handful of people who I will not name and they last 100 posts were 95% not gaming or gambling related.

The reason that I am on the fence is because I came here for a gambling reason but stuck around so long because other discussions have lead to some friendships. I talk to some people outside of here and are wondering if that would have happened without the other banter that happens. I really do enjoy the lighthearted conversations that surround a random thread in miscellaneous where people post random crap that only gets discussed for a few hours and the camaraderie between some people via the weight loss threads (even though I am still fat and seemingly getting fatter). I will check into this site multiple times a day and at night multiple times in an hour while watching TV. Without all of the other stuff I may only check 1 time a day or maybe less.

Saying all of that there are so many topics that I do not read and wish they were not on this site. Threads regarding politics, or gun control, or religion I feel do not belong on here. I have a few long term friends that I have no idea how they have ever voted and we just do not discuss such things. During this last month I have lost a lot of respect for a few people based on how they have been posting in some of these threads that I happen to read.

IMO I think there should be a little less of a drastic measure taken. Why can't there just be a rule to ban all controversial topics. I know some people couldn't care less about food topics which can easily be blocked. The politics ones can also be blocked but anything controversial seems to spill into other topics quite easily. I have never seen a food topic spill into another thread and cause havoc over there.

I agree with what Mission said as far as new members. If they come and see 10 current threads and they see 3 political ones, 2 gun law ones, and a food one they are probably not going to stick around.

So with all that rambling I would like a happy medium. Make a list of banned topics and that list can be expanded at any time but still allow some of the light hearted miscellaneous talk.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Mission146
Mission146
August 13th, 2019 at 10:04:45 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

Are threads on gambling on political elections ok? Like Intrade strategies?

Of course! I'm not an Administrator, but I'm going to need to be banned for (future) politics gambling articles, if not.

• Jump to: