Thread Rating:

Poll

21 votes (67.74%)
1 vote (3.22%)
1 vote (3.22%)
2 votes (6.45%)
4 votes (12.9%)
1 vote (3.22%)
1 vote (3.22%)

31 members have voted

Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 120
  • Posts: 12099
December 26th, 2018 at 8:35:26 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I am not one to criticize officials but that Steelers game has got to be some of the worst calls that I have never seen. Steelers got robbed of a game and probably of the playoffs. I think all pass interference calls should be reviewable. A 50 yard penalty should be looked at IMO



Which call? The phantom DPI in the end zone on a 4th&1 prayer (which is more likely to result in a DPI than a TD) on an uncatchable ball? The phantom DPI on the 4th Down play in the fourth quarter on a tipped pass (DPI is not possible on a tipped ball) that would have ended the game? The no-call OPI on the push off on the NO score that happened shortly thereafter while they spent twenty minutes exploring whether or not it was a TD. (Obviously was, but for the push off)

I might only be in my mid-thirties, but I think itís still something to be able to say that is the WORST officiating of any NFL game Iíve ever watched, with possible exception to the replacement refs games.

Iíve seen some bad officiating, donít get me wrong, but Iíve never seen so many horrendous and game-changing calls go against one team. The Steelers were playing two teams at once that day, the Saints and the Zebras.

Still, while fumbles happen, that fake punt attempt was awful. 4th and 5? Just leave the O out there and run a play.
Vultures can't be choosers.
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 91
  • Posts: 9317
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
December 26th, 2018 at 9:05:34 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Which call? The phantom DPI in the end zone on a 4th&1 prayer (which is more likely to result in a DPI than a TD) on an uncatchable ball? The phantom DPI on the 4th Down play in the fourth quarter on a tipped pass (DPI is not possible on a tipped ball) that would have ended the game? The no-call OPI on the push off on the NO score that happened shortly thereafter while they spent twenty minutes exploring whether or not it was a TD. (Obviously was, but for the push off)

I might only be in my mid-thirties, but I think itís still something to be able to say that is the WORST officiating of any NFL game Iíve ever watched, with possible exception to the replacement refs games.

Iíve seen some bad officiating, donít get me wrong, but Iíve never seen so many horrendous and game-changing calls go against one team. The Steelers were playing two teams at once that day, the Saints and the Zebras.

Still, while fumbles happen, that fake punt attempt was awful. 4th and 5? Just leave the O out there and run a play.



Gee wth, a Patriots fan agreeing with a Steelers fan. Haha

That tipped ball pisses me off. Sure on the sidelines it would be impossible to know but shouldn't these teams have someone upstairs watching for these things?

The penguins have a guy that is 100% dedicated to this and a few years ago beat I think it was Tampa bay or Washington on an over turned goal on an offsides that was caught by the upstairs guy. I believe the won the cup that year which may never have happened without that call.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
djatc
djatc
Joined: Jan 15, 2013
  • Threads: 83
  • Posts: 4462
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
December 26th, 2018 at 11:36:53 AM permalink
The Steelers are an enigma. The coach must get some bonus for keeping games close or something lol.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 4920
December 26th, 2018 at 12:03:54 PM permalink
Quote: djatc

The Steelers are an enigma. The coach must get some bonus for keeping games close or something lol.



He is the worst coach in the NFL for on field decisions.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 120
  • Posts: 12099
December 26th, 2018 at 1:27:32 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Gee wth, a Patriots fan agreeing with a Steelers fan. Haha

That tipped ball pisses me off. Sure on the sidelines it would be impossible to know but shouldn't these teams have someone upstairs watching for these things?



It wouldnít matter, for the time being, penalty calls are not plays that can be challenged.

Even if you could, there was less than two minutes to play, so coaches are unable to challenge at all and any attempt to do so would just result in a delay of game penalty.
Vultures can't be choosers.
Keeneone
Keeneone
Joined: Aug 16, 2014
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 996
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
December 28th, 2018 at 4:25:05 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

My googling says the cowboys are playing Sunday, not resting. They're getting 7 at home, I think that's crazy. People have to be convinced they will not try winning for this to be true.

A few days late, but the Cowboys are playing @ the Giants and the line is now showing at DAL +6. Cowboys have little to play for in this one. Why not rest some (at least for a half) and let the Giants move a spot or two lower in the draft with a win? That said, it is still shocking to see the NYG needing a touchdown to cover...
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 97
  • Posts: 13729
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
December 28th, 2018 at 4:53:19 PM permalink
Quote: Keeneone

A few days late, but the Cowboys are playing @ the Giants and the line is now showing at DAL +6. Cowboys have little to play for in this one. Why not rest some (at least for a half) and let the Giants move a spot or two lower in the draft with a win? That said, it is still shocking to see the NYG needing a touchdown to cover...



Maybe Wizard should be betting the coop money on this, if the line is off....Mike?
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
Joined: Dec 23, 2017
  • Threads: 31
  • Posts: 292
December 28th, 2018 at 5:26:39 PM permalink
In play or 2nd half wagering would be the play for this Sunday. Lines adjusting as the game goes on, maybe finding plays based on how other must win teams are doing
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
Joined: Dec 23, 2017
  • Threads: 31
  • Posts: 292
December 28th, 2018 at 5:26:39 PM permalink
In play or 2nd half wagering would be the play for this Sunday. Lines adjusting as the game goes on, maybe finding plays based on how other must win teams are doing
Keeneone
Keeneone
Joined: Aug 16, 2014
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 996
December 28th, 2018 at 5:47:50 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Maybe Wizard should be betting the coop money on this, if the line is off....Mike?


Do not confuse my post as expert gambling advice. :):):)

End of season "meaningless" games like DAL@NYG are difficult to handicap IMO.

  • Jump to: