Thread Rating:

Poll

32 votes (65.3%)
2 votes (4.08%)
3 votes (6.12%)
3 votes (6.12%)
7 votes (14.28%)
1 vote (2.04%)
1 vote (2.04%)

49 members have voted

djatc
djatc
Joined: Jan 15, 2013
  • Threads: 83
  • Posts: 4477
December 29th, 2018 at 10:26:22 AM permalink
a lot of games this week are going to be out of the norm. Starters will be pulled if the other game in their division is looking to be a lock.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 177
  • Posts: 10081
December 29th, 2018 at 3:25:49 PM permalink
I have the feeling the Giant game may be a barn burner. Eli's last moments of glory?...
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
December 29th, 2018 at 6:38:15 PM permalink
Quote: djatc

a lot of games this week are going to be out of the norm. Starters will be pulled if the other game in their division is looking to be a lock.



yeah I was saving my bye week for this week in the picks game but I have to pick now. I was hoping that we were closer so I could it out and hope you don't have a winning week.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
Joined: May 8, 2015
  • Threads: 162
  • Posts: 3275
December 30th, 2018 at 4:30:38 PM permalink
Kirk Cousins the highest paid player in NFL history with a guaranteed $84 million contract :

Cousins got a $3 million signing bonus and annual workout bonuses of $500,000. His base salary in 2018 was $22.5 million, followed by $27.5 million in 2019 and then $29.5 million in 2020.

He took the Vikings from 13-3 last year to 8-7-1 this year with no playoff appearance finishing up the year in a must win game by losing and and putting just 10 points on the board

Minnesota Vikings GM Rick Spielman : 𝑺𝑼𝑪𝑲𝑬𝑹
𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘵: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘶𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵............. ᴍᴀʀᴋ ᴛᴡᴀɪɴ
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
Joined: May 8, 2015
  • Threads: 162
  • Posts: 3275
December 30th, 2018 at 5:02:18 PM permalink
with every game decided this week except the Colts/Titans later tonight, New York Times sportswriter Benjamin Hoffman went 11-5 with his picks for this week which he published Thursday morning

these picks are totally free from the Times unless you consider the cost of subscribing to their digital edition. they give you 5 free articles per month. you can get another 5 free any time by just clearing your history, and cookies. they don't track your IP address

he made picks on every single game for the entire year

for the entire year he went 139-111-5 which is 55.6% if you don't consider the pushes

I figure him for just about 2 standard deviations away from calling 50% correct

I didn't watch every pick he made very closely but I watched some and as far as I could tell he didn't in any way fudge the lines in his favor

this link shows his record before today's games and his picks for this week

pretty impressive

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/27/sports/nfl-picks-week-17.html
𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘵: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘶𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵............. ᴍᴀʀᴋ ᴛᴡᴀɪɴ
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 177
  • Posts: 10081
December 30th, 2018 at 6:54:43 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I have the feeling the Giant game may be a barn burner. Eli's last moments of glory?...



One of the better meaningless games I've seen in awhile.
djatc
djatc
Joined: Jan 15, 2013
  • Threads: 83
  • Posts: 4477
December 30th, 2018 at 7:00:09 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

with every game decided this week except the Colts/Titans later tonight, New York Times sportswriter Benjamin Hoffman went 11-5 with his picks for this week which he published Thursday morning

these picks are totally free from the Times unless you consider the cost of subscribing to their digital edition. they give you 5 free articles per month. you can get another 5 free any time by just clearing your history, and cookies. they don't track your IP address

he made picks on every single game for the entire year

for the entire year he went 139-111-5 which is 55.6% if you don't consider the pushes

I figure him for just about 2 standard deviations away from calling 50% correct

I didn't watch every pick he made very closely but I watched some and as far as I could tell he didn't in any way fudge the lines in his favor

this link shows his record before today's games and his picks for this week

pretty impressive

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/27/sports/nfl-picks-week-17.html



Straight up or ATS? Also stale lines?
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
djatc
djatc
Joined: Jan 15, 2013
  • Threads: 83
  • Posts: 4477
December 30th, 2018 at 7:00:41 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

One of the better meaningless games I've seen in awhile.



Yankees best NY team dont @ me
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
Joined: May 8, 2015
  • Threads: 162
  • Posts: 3275
December 31st, 2018 at 12:56:51 AM permalink
Quote: djatc

Straight up or ATS? Also stale lines?




ATS - as I said I didn't audit every pick he made but I did audit a few and I didn't see him quoting stale lines
this is the New York Times we're talking about. they're not a shady operation - there were probably thousands of people monitoring his picks. they have a circulation of over 2 million people.
𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘵: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘶𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵............. ᴍᴀʀᴋ ᴛᴡᴀɪɴ
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
January 2nd, 2019 at 10:09:45 AM permalink
Wow the Amtonio Brown saga is just terrible.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW

  • Jump to: