AutomaticMonkey
AutomaticMonkey
  • Threads: 26
  • Posts: 2216
Joined: Sep 30, 2024
Thanked by
ChumpChangerainman
September 8th, 2026 at 11:53:03 PM permalink
Due to a favorite game being shut down I've been donating shoe leather in scouting Vegas, and much to my delight playable, 3:2, mid-limit, non-CSM blackjack has been showing up in places it had been banished from for years.

Four Queens/Binion's, Sahara, and the MGM stores on the nether end of the Strip all have shoe games, $25 or so, and mostly with late surrender. Caesar's stores seem to have a bit more playability too. Maybe management has gotten the "Just put it back the way it was" message. Buffets and bands could be next!
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 207
  • Posts: 6182
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
September 9th, 2026 at 12:15:56 AM permalink
All the $25 tables were crowded at my local casino on a Saturday night. I'd need to bring $1,000 just for a session.
Haudi
Haudi
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 9
Joined: Aug 28, 2026
September 9th, 2026 at 3:51:18 AM permalink
The only place I used to go regularly was Ellis Island, since they had playable 3:2 shoe games. Unfortunately, they didn’t have surrender, so seeing late surrender make its way back into more places is especially nice to hear.

Hopefully this is a sign that things are moving in the right direction for blackjack in Vegas again.
avianrandy
avianrandy
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 2803
Joined: Mar 7, 2010
September 9th, 2026 at 6:56:11 AM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

All the $25 tables were crowded at my local casino on a Saturday night. I'd need to bring $1,000 just for a session.
link to original post

probably due to the holiday weekend
aceside
aceside
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 1229
Joined: May 14, 2021
September 9th, 2026 at 4:36:23 PM permalink
I recently visited Biloxi casinos and found all of them have at least one 6:5 blackjack table. In my opinion, it’s unlikely the odds are turning towards the players.
AutomaticMonkey
AutomaticMonkey
  • Threads: 26
  • Posts: 2216
Joined: Sep 30, 2024
September 9th, 2026 at 4:50:57 PM permalink
Quote: aceside

I recently visited Biloxi casinos and found all of them have at least one 6:5 blackjack table. In my opinion, it’s unlikely the odds are turning towards the players.
link to original post



Recently? You would have found a 6:5 table here and there if you had visited 10 years ago too.
aceside
aceside
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 1229
Joined: May 14, 2021
September 9th, 2026 at 4:53:14 PM permalink
In May this year. I mean.
Last edited by: aceside on Sep 9, 2026
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
  • Posts: 5846
Joined: May 23, 2016
September 10th, 2026 at 7:21:24 AM permalink
Quote: AutomaticMonkey

Buffets and bands could be next!
link to original post



Buffets went away because people just weren't interested in them anymore and casinos were losing money on them. People have ALWAYS been interested in 3:2 BJ, but casinos tried to get greedy with it and squeeze out a few more dollars from players. They realized their mistake and are now trying to go back. Maybe the popularity of buffets will cycle back around at some point in the future, but probably not any time soon.
harris
harris 
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 910
Joined: Jun 30, 2025
September 10th, 2026 at 7:36:21 AM permalink
I heard some Vegas casino introduced the ability to re-split aces recently... and some casinos are removing triple zero roulette. nature is healing
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 306
  • Posts: 21482
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
September 10th, 2026 at 7:57:19 AM permalink
What is Loveman up to these days?
The older I get, the better I recall things that never happened
aceside
aceside
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 1229
Joined: May 14, 2021
September 10th, 2026 at 10:18:05 AM permalink
Quote: harris

I heard some Vegas casino introduced the ability to re-split aces recently... and some casinos are removing triple zero roulette. nature is healing
link to original post


I agree with you on re-splitting aces.
AutomaticMonkey
AutomaticMonkey
  • Threads: 26
  • Posts: 2216
Joined: Sep 30, 2024
September 12th, 2026 at 7:17:36 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Quote: AutomaticMonkey

Buffets and bands could be next!
link to original post



Buffets went away because people just weren't interested in them anymore and casinos were losing money on them. People have ALWAYS been interested in 3:2 BJ, but casinos tried to get greedy with it and squeeze out a few more dollars from players. They realized their mistake and are now trying to go back. Maybe the popularity of buffets will cycle back around at some point in the future, but probably not any time soon.
link to original post



There's a lot of labor involved in a buffet and if you don't have enough people out there both tending the stations and cleaning up all around them a buffet quickly turns into an obvious mess. And you can't pay those people on the tipped scale. So yeah I guess that could get expensive.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 306
  • Posts: 21482
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
September 12th, 2026 at 7:34:32 AM permalink
Buffets were loss leaders that kept customers happy and in your building. Then they became events unto themselves. A good buffet doesn't need 900 dishes and seven carving stations. Not everything has to be fabulous. Just fine can do quite nicely.
The older I get, the better I recall things that never happened
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 207
  • Posts: 6182
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
September 12th, 2026 at 4:35:27 PM permalink
My local casino gave out a little Tic Tac Toe card of their different restaurants and said if you can fill one of 3 vertical columns in 3 weeks, you can get a $10 free play. So pick 3 restaurants on the card and I'm sure that's going to add up to nearly $100 in food and get a $10 free play which is worth nothing on a Dragon Link machine.

The $4 fun book buffet I used to know is gone, can't even get a hot dog for less than $6, and the burger I got was more than $15 after tax. To be fair, I couldn't eat much more than that burger.
A52weekhigh
A52weekhigh
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 6
Joined: Aug 26, 2025
September 13th, 2026 at 6:14:49 AM permalink
Remember the $2.99 steak and eggs breakfast?
harris
harris 
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 910
Joined: Jun 30, 2025
Thanked by
smoothgrh
September 13th, 2026 at 6:18:36 AM permalink
Where can I find the cheapest food, drinks, and table games minimums in Vegas? Really excited to come in a couple weeks. If anyone wants to gamble let me know
AutomaticMonkey
AutomaticMonkey
  • Threads: 26
  • Posts: 2216
Joined: Sep 30, 2024
Thanked by
harrisA52weekhigh
September 13th, 2026 at 11:22:47 AM permalink
Quote: harris

Where can I find the cheapest food, drinks, and table games minimums in Vegas? Really excited to come in a couple weeks. If anyone wants to gamble let me know
link to original post



Any Station casino. That's the chain that locals of the middle class patronize. Food at sub-Manhattan prices, free drinks for all players and you will find playable 3:2 BJ at $10 at all of them most of the time. Boyd is the other locals chain but I think that's a bit downscale. With some exceptions but a lot of the Boyd employees have DMV attitudes.

The closest to the Strip is Palace Station, and that place has an interesting phenomenon called the Oyster Bar. It's not related to the one in Grand Central, more of a Louisiana theme, but it is open 24 hours and there is a line at it 24 hours a day, and might be the last place in Vegas where there is always a line. If you go with someone you can take turns playing and waiting in line. I recommend the Palace to visitors for two specific logistical reasons: first, it's on Sahara and if you look directly across the street there are a couple of strip malls with fast food, sit-down restaurants, stores for whatever needs and all at regular prices rather than at Stripoff prices. Then it's also a very quick direct bus ride, or Uber ride to the Sahara on the Strip, which is a terminus for the Monorail and you can get on the Deuce right there. So now you're in the transit system and you can go anywhere you want.

The other Station property I'd recommend is Red Rock, that's way on the west side down Charleston. That's a fancy resort with a lot of good food, but still at reasonable prices. For the Boyd stores you might want to try the Orleans, that's just west of the Strip on Tropicana. Another Louisiana themed place, and lots of cheap blackjack tables and playable conditions.

On the Strip, if you feel like some cheesecake and matzo ball soup you can cross the street to the Resort World where there is a Junior's, and that is the same as the NYC one. Don't buy your eighth at any place you can walk to on the Strip. If you are considering embarking on an adventure into alcoholism I believe Harrah's has the strongest drinks- just don't let anyone see you heave and they'll keep serving you.
smoothgrh
smoothgrh
  • Threads: 105
  • Posts: 2584
Joined: Oct 26, 2011
Thanked by
harris
September 13th, 2026 at 11:42:00 AM permalink
Quote: harris

Where can I find the cheapest food, drinks, and table games minimums in Vegas? Really excited to come in a couple weeks. If anyone wants to gamble let me know
link to original post



From my August visit, Rio had $3 craps from 1 to 3 p.m. Palms has a $5 blackjack table 24 hours.

From my February visit, Durango and Red Rock Casinos have $3 beers and $3 shots.

I haven't been to Ellis Island in a few years, but they still apparently have their $9.99 steak special if you jump through some hoops, and they used to have $5 3-2 blackjack.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 306
  • Posts: 21482
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
September 13th, 2026 at 1:49:18 PM permalink
I think the Ellis Island steak is a joke. It's like what Sizzler and Ponderosa used for their specials. The BBQ platter is vastly superior for a few dollars more.
The older I get, the better I recall things that never happened
smoothgrh
smoothgrh
  • Threads: 105
  • Posts: 2584
Joined: Oct 26, 2011
Thanked by
harris
September 14th, 2026 at 6:36:10 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I think the Ellis Island steak is a joke. It's like what Sizzler and Ponderosa used for their specials. The BBQ platter is vastly superior for a few dollars more.
link to original post



Also, it’s apparently $11.99 now based on recent YouTube videos.
  • Jump to: