Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
  • Posts: 6814
Joined: Oct 28, 2012
May 19th, 2014 at 2:26:16 PM permalink
forget the Belmont Got this email today

Hi Buzz,

I just got off the phone with a very angry man. He is an old acquaintance who has gone over to the “Dark Side.”

I’ve known Click (don’t ask, that’s his name) for close to 25 years. We go back to the time when I was first learning to approach gambling as a business.

Click and I used to like to play craps together. In fact we even had a brief partnership using a system requiring players to make offsetting bets. I thought we worked together pretty well.

I could always count on Click to stick with a system and then honestly settle up at the end of a session.

Then something happened to him. He had a number of personal tragedies. He went on a binge and lost most of his money.

I lost track of him and a few years later found out he was working for one of the casinos we used to hit pretty hard as winning players.

I heard from again yesterday.

He got right to the point.

“It’s your players. You have got to call them off.”

I had no idea what he was talking about. So I asked him, “What players are you talking about Click? Is there someone playing like we used to play and giving your casino a rough time?”

I said this almost as a joke. He took it seriously. “You know what’s going on. Normally, I wouldn’t complain. But, these are different times. Times are tough. Honestly, we can’t stand the losses. That’s why I am asking for your help.”

I heard him out. He is a mid-range manager of a casino group that operates several casinos in Nevada. A group of players had been methodically playing his casinos’ roulette games. He ended up talking to one of the players and found out they were using our stunning new roulette system – Checkmate Roulette. That’s what led up to the call.

“Martin, they have been hitting our roulette wheels in three different casinos. They are taking over $25,000 a day out of each wheel.”

I smiled. “That sounds like peanuts for an outfit like yours, Click.”

He almost choked on his answer. “You are right. Normally this wouldn’t affect us much. But everything is down right now. Our casino’s profits are off 37% over last year. One of our restaurants is ready to fold. And, our hotels occupancy . . .”

I interrupted him. “I’ve got the picture. You can’t stand the losses. But what makes you think I can do anything? Any players who are there are acting on their own. They don’t take orders from me.”

He sighed out loud. “I should have kept my mouth shut. But my boss found out I know you and now he is putting the heat on me to get this problem solved. If we don’t get these players out of here, we may have to pull the roulette games off the floor or ask your players to leave.”

“That’s not a good move, Click. If you do that everyone in Vegas will know something is up, sort of like sharks sensing blood.”

“I know. But, if you can, please do something.”

I didn’t make any promises. Click gave me the name of a player using Checkmate Roulette and I sent him an email to find out what was going on.

One of our original testers, Herb V., was behind what ever was happening in Click’s casinos. We sent a couple of emails back and forth and I still wasn’t sure what was going on. I called Herb and caught him taking a break from play.

Herb explained what was going on. He is retired and recently went to his 50th high school reunion. He told several of his old friends about his experiences winning at roulette as a Checkmate Roulette player.

From there on things sort of snowballed.

He ended up with a group of fifteen former classmates, several of their spouses, three of their children and two other people who formed his “Group of Twenty-five.”

They like to play roulette together and had decided to spend thirty days playing roulette as a group in Las Vegas.

It turned out that they liked playing in Click’s casinos better than just about anywhere else.

Buzz, as the story unfolded I started to see Click’s viewpoint. Herb’s group was not just playing roulette but was descending on the games in Click’s casinos.

Sometimes as many as three group members were playing at the same table. And as soon as they finished and took a break, more group members arrived.

Click was fairly accurate when he described what he was experiencing as an “out and out assault.”

I told Herb about my call from Click. I didn’t name names. I just explained that his group’s approach to the game was causing problems.

At first Herb was very defensive. “It’s their game and we are beating it fairly. There’s not much they can do.”

I explained the situation in more detail to Herb. “You may not realize it, but in the State of Nevada, the casinos have the right to ban anyone they choose from playing in their establishments.”

Herb objected. “But, that’s just for card counters or cheaters. All we are doing is playing by their rules and winning.”

“That’s true. But, they can ask you to take your business elsewhere. That’s their right in Nevada.”

Herb got quiet. “What do you suggest?”

I had a brainstorm and decided to try it. “You ought to give yourselves a raise. You can win more per hour playing on single-zero wheels. And, at the same time you can give these guys a break.”

I gave him a list of single-zero wheels in the area. Herb had several objections, but he finally got down to just one.

“We like to meet at their coffee shop. That’s part of the fun.”

“You can still meet there. Just play at the casinos with the single-zero wheels and then meet at the coffee shop. I am sure the casino has no objection to serving you.”

I added as an afterthought, “Herb, you have done what few people have accomplished. You have truly beaten the casinos. They are literally begging for mercy. Now, you can give them a break and still keep your game going. It’s the right thing to do.”

He finally agreed. He pulled his players out the next day and scattered them in several different casinos.

Click called me.

“I want to say thanks. They stopped playing roulette yesterday. What did you do to get them to leave?”

“I gave them the names of several of your competitors.”

He chuckled. “Thanks again. Remember when we used to play craps at . . .”

Buzz, the complete Checkmate Roulette package is ready for you. This course has been proven to be unstoppable. Our testing proves that anyone using Checkmate Roulette is going to win large amounts of money off any roulette game, anywhere it is offered.

We have proven that Checkmate Roulette with its unique two-Attack Bets cannot be overcome or stopped by any casino countermeasures.

Anyone can play it day after day, week after profitable week, without any fall off in its effectiveness.

There is no way either the house edge or any standard casino moves can stop a Checkmate Roulette player from winning other than to stop offering roulette altogether.

Buzz, here’s what you’ll learn when you download your copy of the Checkmate Roulette package –

You’ll learn how to set up our unique two-Attack Bet strategy which is so good that it even beats the double-zero wheels

You’ll learn how to use Pattern Master Bet Selection – the exciting new way of picking where you bet that can’t be stopped by the casinos. And, you’ll learn this bet selection method flawlessly without tracking roulette decisions, writing down roulette outcomes, skipping bets or any of the other measures used by other inferior systems.

You’ll learn how to effortlessly use the two pillars of Pattern Master Betting – Recurrence Betting and Flex Betting and how they automatically change modes in a way proven to be undetectable by the casinos!

You’ll discover how we use the power of the Attack Bets to virtually eliminate the threat of zeros in roulette. This is the single greatest breakthrough in roulette today and it is only one part of this amazing system!

You’ll gain the powerful edge of the world’s most powerful betting system- Strike-Recovery Betting!

You’ll learn how to use small bets and bring in large wins quickly and easily with Strike Betting. This strategy is so good that many winning games are wrapped up in as few as eight bets!

You'll gain the power to rapidly recover from any losing bets by moving into Recovery Betting mode.

You’ll discover how to use the power of Recovery Betting to not only recover losing bets but to deliver quick wins in their own right!

But, we don’t stop there, Buzz!

You’ll get our exclusive insiders list of power online casinos. You can’t go wrong with any of these casinos. They offer the best games and 100% superior service.

We’ll reveal our secret list of casinos offering higher betting limits. If you want to win $20,000 or more a week playing online these casinos are critical to your success!

We’ll share with you our favorite online casino. We have won untold thousands of dollars off this casino and we have been paid every cent with no grumbling and no delays!

But there’s still more –

You’ll get a complete set of Player Cards. You can take these cards with you when you play in a land-based game. Our players depend on them for consistently bringing in high profits and they will work for you, too!

You’ll get the Checkmate Automatic Playmaker. It is so good that it makes using this system very easy. All you have to do is set up the Roulette Playmaker for your level of play and then check it as you play. It will tell you when to check betting modes and give you the amount of each wager. You can use the Checkmate Automatic Playmaker in both online and in land-based casinos.

Buzz, you don’t have to join a roulette team like Herb’s to profit from using Checkmate Roulette.

All you need is $31 to get starting playing online. In just one day of playing you can turn $31 into a solid $10,658 a week in winnings.

And, you can do this only playing online five hours a week.

As a VIP Client, I have negotiated a very special deal for you.

You can download the system that is killing the casinos in the next five minutes. And, you’ll get it at a very special reduced price!

Try it out any way you like. If it is not everything you have ever wanted, or if you are unhappy with it for any reason, just email me for a prompt and courteous refund!

Yours for making $10,000 a week playing roulette,



Martin J Silverthorne

P.S. Buzz, while this may sound complicated, it really isn’t. Here is a quick rundown of this system –

The system is totally automatic. The system itself will tell you when to change betting modes and exactly where to make each bet!

There is no need to write down previous roulette decisions or to track decisions.

You will never need to observe a number of roulette decisions before you start betting.

You won’t ever have to skip bets and wait for a “better time” to bet.



Your reserved copy of Checkmate Roulette comes with a complete set of Player Cards and the Checkmate Roulette Automatic Playmaker. Winning has never been easier!



P.P.S. Buzz, here are the critical facts about Checkmate Roulette – the unstoppable new roulette system that is taking down the casinos.

Fact 1 – You only need $31 to get started.

Fact 2 – You can start out winning $121.80 an hour online five minutes from now!

Fact 3 – You can turn your $31 “investment” into a solid income of $10,658 a week in just five days!

Fact 4 – With Checkmate Roulette’s unique two-bet attack system you will win 96.77% of your sessions!

There is no better, easier or safer way to make $10,000 or more every week! Grab your reserved copy now!







Martin J Silvertthorne
Silverthorne Publications
848 N Rainbow Blvd Suite 601
Las Vegas, Nevada 89107
orders@SilverthornePublications.com
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
  • Posts: 6814
Joined: Oct 28, 2012
May 19th, 2014 at 2:31:29 PM permalink
Quote: speedycrap

Do WHAT?? Make it clear please.

I will pick CC and you pick any horse you like. $10 CC will finish in front of your pick. CC might not win or on the board. Please confirm here and on PM.

Think about it first. Do your homework. My offer is always open.

Rememeber, always put your money where your mouth is!!!!!!!!!!!



Time for you to put up or shut up. I will take the field, you can have CC straight up, even money, better odds than at the track.

Or I will take any 4/5 shot anywhere anytime, you pick my 4/5 shot and the horse that you think will beat him LOL

He's 4/5 against the field. That's like all the horses DUH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Tomspur
Tomspur
  • Threads: 28
  • Posts: 2019
Joined: Jul 12, 2013
May 19th, 2014 at 3:14:18 PM permalink
Buzz, that is some nice story there pal o'mine :)

Was it written by bob in his spare time? :)
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” - Winston Churchill
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
  • Posts: 6814
Joined: Oct 28, 2012
May 19th, 2014 at 3:49:30 PM permalink
Sorry, Tom be right back. Got to put that $13 check in the mail and gas up the car for Vegas.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
  • Posts: 14267
Joined: May 21, 2013
May 19th, 2014 at 3:51:34 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

Sorry, Tom be right back. Got to put that $13 check in the mail and gas up the car for Vegas.



How does a dyslexic man follow a surefire roulette system? Drazzub? lol....;)
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Tomspur
Tomspur
  • Threads: 28
  • Posts: 2019
Joined: Jul 12, 2013
May 19th, 2014 at 3:52:26 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

Sorry, Tom be right back. Got to put that $13 check in the mail and gas up the car for Vegas.



Is that $13 or $31? :-)
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” - Winston Churchill
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
  • Posts: 6814
Joined: Oct 28, 2012
May 19th, 2014 at 3:52:37 PM permalink
I mean, what can possibly go wrong ? " If it is not everything you have ever wanted, or if you are unhappy with it for any reason, just email me for a prompt and courteous refund! "
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
  • Posts: 6814
Joined: Oct 28, 2012
May 19th, 2014 at 3:57:07 PM permalink
When you're hot, you're HOT !

Attn; Beneficiary
15th of May 2014

Greetings,


My name is Mrs. Jessica Smith, 72 yrs old widow. I got your contact information from a Christian website. I have decided to donate what I have to you. I was diagnosed with cancer of lungs few years ago, immediately after the death of my husband who has left me everything he worked. I have been inspired by God to donate my inheritance to you for the good work of God and charity purpose, i am doing this because my family are unbelievers and I will not allow them inherit this money for their own selfishness. I have come to find out that wealth acquisition without Jesus Christ is a vanity. My late husband was very wealthy and after his death, I inherited all his business and wealth. Based on the doctors reports that i might not live up to three months. My late husband family intentions is to allow me die in this condition because I do not have a child, this have made me source for a Godly person abroad who will make this claim of $10 Million dollars which is deposited in a security firm. I decided to bequeath the sum of $10,000,000.00 to you. If you are much more interested, Contact Mr. David Campbell with this specified email: davidcampbell1@rogers.com TELL: +447024092040. Inform him you are the recipient i have bequeathed $10,000,000.00 my personal reference number law/chamber/solicitors/je/ws/ WILL/98390-012. I have also notified him that I am bequeathing that amount to you by my personal decision. I will appreciate your utmost confidentiality in this matter until the task is accomplished as I don't want anything that will jeopardize my last wish.

Warmest Regards,

Mrs. Jessica Smith

Endeavor to Contact My Lawyer Email: davidcampbell1@rogers.com

Het Radboudumc staat geregistreerd bij de Kamer van Koophandel in het handelsregister onder nummer 41055629.
The Radboud university medical center is listed in the Commercial Register of the Chamber of Commerce under file number 41055629.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Tomspur
Tomspur
  • Threads: 28
  • Posts: 2019
Joined: Jul 12, 2013
May 19th, 2014 at 4:29:26 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

When you're hot, you're HOT !

Attn; Beneficiary
15th of May 2014

Greetings,


My name is Mrs. Jessica Smith, 72 yrs old widow. I got your contact information from a Christian website. I have decided to donate what I have to you. I was diagnosed with cancer of lungs few years ago, immediately after the death of my husband who has left me everything he worked. I have been inspired by God to donate my inheritance to you for the good work of God and charity purpose, i am doing this because my family are unbelievers and I will not allow them inherit this money for their own selfishness. I have come to find out that wealth acquisition without Jesus Christ is a vanity. My late husband was very wealthy and after his death, I inherited all his business and wealth. Based on the doctors reports that i might not live up to three months. My late husband family intentions is to allow me die in this condition because I do not have a child, this have made me source for a Godly person abroad who will make this claim of $10 Million dollars which is deposited in a security firm. I decided to bequeath the sum of $10,000,000.00 to you. If you are much more interested, Contact Mr. David Campbell with this specified email: davidcampbell1@rogers.com TELL: +447024092040. Inform him you are the recipient i have bequeathed $10,000,000.00 my personal reference number law/chamber/solicitors/je/ws/ WILL/98390-012. I have also notified him that I am bequeathing that amount to you by my personal decision. I will appreciate your utmost confidentiality in this matter until the task is accomplished as I don't want anything that will jeopardize my last wish.

Warmest Regards,

Mrs. Jessica Smith

Endeavor to Contact My Lawyer Email: davidcampbell1@rogers.com

Het Radboudumc staat geregistreerd bij de Kamer van Koophandel in het handelsregister onder nummer 41055629.
The Radboud university medical center is listed in the Commercial Register of the Chamber of Commerce under file number 41055629.



You better go play the lottery today because it is clearly your lucky day.....Were you born with a golden spoon up your bum or do people just naturally trsut you Buzz? :)

Also, she is similarly aged to you.....fancy a fling before she meets her maker? :)
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” - Winston Churchill
PBguy
PBguy
  • Threads: 4
  • Posts: 278
Joined: Sep 4, 2013
May 20th, 2014 at 6:08:20 PM permalink
I found this interesting:

"nine of the past 14 Belmont winners had five weeks rest"

It was in an article where CC co-owner Steven Coburn was complaining about trainers that hold their horses out of the Preakness in order to have a better chance of winning the Belmont - which also means less chance for a horse to win the Triple Crown. He proposes limiting entries in the Belmont to horses that raced the Preakness and the Kentucky Derby.

Interesting. I can see his point but can also understand why trainers would want to rest their horses. Maybe another option is to spread the races out 7 or 8 weeks instead of 5.

http://espn.go.com/horse-racing/blog/_/name/ehalt_bob/id/10959312/california-chrome-winds-change
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
  • Posts: 8277
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
May 20th, 2014 at 6:21:41 PM permalink
I'm not confident about the Belmont because nobody else is including the trainer and owner. The trainer really didn't sound confident after the Preakness then I found he was intentionally faking confidence soon afterward.
I am a robot.
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 1739
Joined: Jan 12, 2013
May 21st, 2014 at 6:31:12 PM permalink
Quote: PBguy



It was in an article where CC co-owner Steven Coburn was complaining about trainers that hold their horses out of the Preakness in order to have a better chance of winning the Belmont - which also means less chance for a horse to win the Triple Crown. He proposes limiting entries in the Belmont to horses that raced the Preakness and the Kentucky Derby.



Steve Coburn is completly full of s***. Where does he get off proposing anything. This fat f**** wants to change the Triple Crown format? What an arrogant pile of horse dung. Nobody is going to listen to the dunce.

The horses that have fallen short in their Triple Crown bids weren't tired, they simply weren't bred to run a mile and a half. Most of the horses that have made a bid are true milers that they are trying to stretch out for big prize. Running less than 4 minutes in thirty five day does not make for a tired horse. It can be argued that horses that haven't run in five plus weeks are not sharp.

If California Chrome gets beat it will not be because he's tired. He'll get beat because he's not bred to get the mile and a half. It doesn't appear that this horse can carry his speed to the finish line at the Big Sandy.....but he keeps surprising.
Each day is better than the next
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
  • Posts: 6506
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
May 21st, 2014 at 6:34:36 PM permalink
Can I bet Personal Ensign to come from wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back?
Tomspur
Tomspur
  • Threads: 28
  • Posts: 2019
Joined: Jul 12, 2013
May 21st, 2014 at 6:35:16 PM permalink
Quote: treetopbuddy

If California Chrome gets beat it will not be because he's tired. He'll get beat because he's not bred to get the mile and a half. It doesn't appear that this horse can carry his speed to the finish line at the Big Sandy.....but he keeps surprising.



But to be fair, he isn't bred to run any type of distance on any type of track on any day of the week. He is bred to be a cart horse and nothing more.....

This is what makes this story so other worldly.
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” - Winston Churchill
speedycrap
speedycrap
  • Threads: 46
  • Posts: 1310
Joined: Oct 13, 2013
May 21st, 2014 at 6:40:54 PM permalink
I have made about $410 in Derby and Preakness so far. I plan to bet about $300-350 on CC to place or show. The balance I will bet CC on top for Ex/Tri/Sup. Hoping for a big pay day.
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 1739
Joined: Jan 12, 2013
May 21st, 2014 at 6:43:27 PM permalink
Quote: Tomspur

But to be fair, he isn't bred to run any type of distance on any type of track on any day of the week. He is bred to be a cart horse and nothing more.....

This is what makes this story so other worldly.



Exactly, Tomspur. The horse is an amazing story. He could and should be running in the cheapest races in the country. Or a lead out pony. Coburn is ruining the story for me. He needs to shut his fat trap.
Each day is better than the next
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 1739
Joined: Jan 12, 2013
May 21st, 2014 at 6:46:25 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

Can I bet Personal Ensign to come from wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back?



And rolling down the middle of the track it's Personal Ensign!
Each day is better than the next
Tomspur
Tomspur
  • Threads: 28
  • Posts: 2019
Joined: Jul 12, 2013
May 21st, 2014 at 6:53:04 PM permalink
Quote: treetopbuddy

Exactly, Tomspur. The horse is an amazing story. He could and should be running in the cheapest races in the country. Or a lead out pony. Coburn is ruining the story for me. He needs to shut his fat trap.



A large part of it could just be over exuberance and total elation I guess. It makes some people do very silly things.

Each person needs to imagine themselves in their shoes and see how they would react especially with half the racing world trying to tell you how, when and why you shouldn't have the horse you have or that you should sell, sell, sell.

He is no doubt a little big mouthed but he is also making history with these totally unconventional decisions which keep on paying of for him, his partner and their trainer.
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” - Winston Churchill
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 118
  • Posts: 6351
Joined: Jun 22, 2011
May 21st, 2014 at 7:01:27 PM permalink
Quote: PBguy

It was in an article where CC co-owner Steven Coburn was complaining about trainers that hold their horses out of the Preakness in order to have a better chance of winning the Belmont - which also means less chance for a horse to win the Triple Crown. He proposes limiting entries in the Belmont to horses that raced the Preakness and the Kentucky Derby.

Interesting. I can see his point but can also understand why trainers would want to rest their horses. Maybe another option is to spread the races out 7 or 8 weeks instead of 5.


The first problem with this is, you have just disqualified every horse who didn't earn enough money to qualify for the Derby.

The second problem with this is, how many Belmonts have been won by "distance specialists" who would have had no business being in the Preakness? (This goes back a few decades, but, other than the Belmont, how well did Arts & Letters do?)

You want more Triple Crown winners? Make the races 3-year-olds and up. Include the Breeders Cup Classic to make it a Grand Slam.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
  • Posts: 6506
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
May 21st, 2014 at 7:04:25 PM permalink
Quote: treetopbuddy

And rolling down the middle of the track it's Personal Ensign!




Got this lithograph as a gift from my parents after she won





What the hell - here is THE race!


Tomspur
Tomspur
  • Threads: 28
  • Posts: 2019
Joined: Jul 12, 2013
May 21st, 2014 at 7:11:52 PM permalink
Seems like she left an impression ace :)
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” - Winston Churchill
speedycrap
speedycrap
  • Threads: 46
  • Posts: 1310
Joined: Oct 13, 2013
May 21st, 2014 at 7:12:28 PM permalink
Quote: treetopbuddy

Exactly, Tomspur. The horse is an amazing story. He could and should be running in the cheapest races in the country. Or a lead out pony. Coburn is ruining the story for me. He needs to shut his fat trap.

Please relax and chill. The owners just got lucky. They are like lottery winners. I am happy for them.
TTB, just chill please.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
  • Posts: 6506
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
May 21st, 2014 at 7:14:47 PM permalink
Quote: Tomspur

Seems like she left an impression ace :)





Yes, Personal Ensign was the first horse's career I ever followed - I will always have a soft spot in my heart for her.
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 1739
Joined: Jan 12, 2013
May 21st, 2014 at 7:18:49 PM permalink
Quote: Tomspur

A large part of it could just be over exuberance and total elation I guess. It makes some people do very silly things.

Each person needs to imagine themselves in their shoes and see how they would react especially with half the racing world trying to tell you how, when and why you shouldn't have the horse you have or that you should sell, sell, sell.

He is no doubt a little big mouthed but he is also making history with these totally unconventional decisions which keep on paying of for him, his partner and their trainer.



How about this......'We are very humbled and very lucky to have this horse. We really don't know what we're doing. This is our first horse, hell we were going to give the mom away and decided at the last minute to breed the cheap mare to a cheap stallion because, well, we really don't have the money to play in the Sport of Kings. We appreciate the people that have spent hundreds of millions trying to win these races as they are the fuel that keeps the game going. I'm sorry for insulting Sheikh Mohamed a friend of the US and a great horseman who runs a country. Hell I don't know the first thing about horses. I'm sorry for insulting the folks at Churchill Down for claiming they weren't as hospitable as the people in Maryland. I''m sorry for putting my two bits in on changing the rules for Triple Crown racing. And finally I'm sorry for using up my food allowance years ago'
Each day is better than the next
Tomspur
Tomspur
  • Threads: 28
  • Posts: 2019
Joined: Jul 12, 2013
May 21st, 2014 at 7:19:59 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

Yes, Personal Ensign was the first horse's career I ever followed - I will always have a soft spot in my heart for her.



We will always remember our "firsts".

Mine was a horse called "Tommy Hotspur" imagine that :)

Your nick should be "personal spades" :)
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” - Winston Churchill
Tomspur
Tomspur
  • Threads: 28
  • Posts: 2019
Joined: Jul 12, 2013
May 21st, 2014 at 7:21:04 PM permalink
Quote: treetopbuddy

How about this......'We are very humbled and very lucky to have this horse. We really don't know what we're doing. This is our first horse, hell we were going to give the mom away and decided at the last minute to breed the cheap mare to a cheap stallion because, well, we really don't have the money to play in the Sport of Kings. We appreciate the people that have spent hundreds of millions trying to win these races as they are the fuel that keeps the game going. I'm sorry for insulting Sheikh Mohamed a friend of the US and a great horseman who runs a country. Hell I don't know the first thing about horses. I'm sorry for insulting the folks at Churchill Down for claiming they weren't as hospitable as the people in Maryland. I''m sorry for putting my two bits in on changing the rules for Triple Crown racing. And finally I'm sorry for using up my food allowance years ago'



But that wouldn't get the tongues wagging now would it :)
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” - Winston Churchill
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 129
  • Posts: 3917
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
May 21st, 2014 at 7:43:28 PM permalink
Insulting CDI is the only thing they have done that I have liked.
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 1739
Joined: Jan 12, 2013
May 21st, 2014 at 7:57:14 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

Yes, Personal Ensign was the first horse's career I ever followed - I will always have a soft spot in my heart for her.



She was an amazing mommy producing four grade one winners and a grade two winner. What a Champion.
Each day is better than the next
PBguy
PBguy
  • Threads: 4
  • Posts: 278
Joined: Sep 4, 2013
May 22nd, 2014 at 4:08:48 PM permalink
Quote: treetopbuddy

Steve Coburn is completly full of s***. Where does he get off proposing anything. This fat f**** wants to change the Triple Crown format? What an arrogant pile of horse dung. Nobody is going to listen to the dunce.

The horses that have fallen short in their Triple Crown bids weren't tired, they simply weren't bred to run a mile and a half. Most of the horses that have made a bid are true milers that they are trying to stretch out for big prize. Running less than 4 minutes in thirty five day does not make for a tired horse. It can be argued that horses that haven't run in five plus weeks are not sharp.

If California Chrome gets beat it will not be because he's tired. He'll get beat because he's not bred to get the mile and a half. It doesn't appear that this horse can carry his speed to the finish line at the Big Sandy.....but he keeps surprising.



It sounds like you missed this part of the story where the president of Pimlico says he wants to give the horses more rest between races:

It's against that backdrop that Pimlico president Tom Chuckas told bloodhorse.com last week that he plans to approach officials at Churchill Downs and the New York Racing Association about changing the time between the three jewels of the Triple Crown to level the playing field. On Monday, he said at a news conference that he would push for moving the Preakness to the first week in June and the Belmont to the first weekend in July.

"I respect tradition, but I also think tradition cannot impede the growth or betterment of the industry," Chuckas said. "When we get our most attention, we tend to consolidate, which is not beneficial to the thoroughbred industry as a whole. People might say you will have to put an asterisk by the horse who wins the Triple Crown under these conditions. This schedule has changed often, so the bottom line is you don't have to put an asterisk.

"If you take a look at the NFL, NBA, [Major League Baseball] and NHL, all of them have gone through transformations with wild-card additions and scheduling changes, but do you really believe there should be an asterisk by the Seattle Seahawks because they won the Super Bowl under different conditions than the Green Bay Packers in the Super Bowl? I don't think so.


Seems like a reasonable change and could result in better more competitive races.
"The philosophy of the trainers has drastically changed over the years. It is hard for them to bring a horse back from the Derby in two weeks and run a horse three times in a five-week period. Most of them will not do it. But this idea is not just for the Triple Crown races. We have an obligation to the public to put our best racing on the table when the world is watching, and we are not doing that. We could promote a Woodford-Dixie-Manhattan series for older turf stars and Triple Crown filly series with the Kentucky Oaks, Black-Eyed Susan and Acorn. All those things are possible but is going to demand a collaborative effort between the parties to make this happen."
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 129
  • Posts: 3917
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
May 22nd, 2014 at 4:23:42 PM permalink
The Preakness should just move their race back one or two weeks. That'll force the Belmont to move.
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 1739
Joined: Jan 12, 2013
May 22nd, 2014 at 6:34:20 PM permalink
Breeding programs need to change not the Triple Crown format. To change the format would cheapen the TC.
Each day is better than the next
ontariodealer
ontariodealer
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 999
Joined: Aug 5, 2013
May 27th, 2014 at 7:32:47 PM permalink
I just read that medal count is prepping for the belmont.....he should be a very good overlay as commanding curve will be overbet.
get second you pig
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
  • Posts: 8277
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
May 27th, 2014 at 8:04:11 PM permalink
They should just add a progressive element to the triple crown for incentive and as it grows, it's not worth not racing in 123,12, 13, 23.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
  • Posts: 8277
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
May 27th, 2014 at 10:09:00 PM permalink
Racelinebet.com has a $100 sign-up bonus which seems pretty easy to take advantage of. Is it legit or is redemption not as easy as it seems?

This is how I understand it. Bet $100 in 30 days and they'll give you $100 in your account. Can you just cash out then or do they fine print you to death?

Also it said something about not being able to use it if you're on other various sites before. Do any of those sites offer something better than the $100?
I am a robot.
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 1739
Joined: Jan 12, 2013
May 28th, 2014 at 4:07:27 PM permalink
Quote: ontariodealer

I just read that medal count is prepping for the belmont.....he should be a very good overlay as commanding curve will be overbet.



Could you explain how Medal Count is an overlay and Commanding Curve is an underlay.

The Belmont pool will be large enough to reflect reasonable odds based on what is known about the horses.
Each day is better than the next
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 129
  • Posts: 3917
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
May 28th, 2014 at 5:01:54 PM permalink
Quote: treetopbuddy

Could you explain how Medal Count is an overlay and Commanding Curve is an underlay.

The Belmont pool will be large enough to reflect reasonable odds based on what is known about the horses.



California Chrome will be overbet and you know that. I'd give anyone an even money bet that he loses, yet I know he'll go off under even money.
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 1739
Joined: Jan 12, 2013
May 30th, 2014 at 5:38:59 AM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

California Chrome will be overbet and you know that. I'd give anyone an even money bet that he loses, yet I know he'll go off under even money.



Yeah, he'll probably go off as the odds on favorite if nothing big happens between now and the race. Remember I'll Have Another? Lots of people will be betting two dollar win tickets then trying to flip them on eBay if he wins. Only tickets purchased at the track will have any value at some point. My son and I went to the Belmont for the Smarty Jones coronation. I got sucked in and bought a s*** load of two dollar tickets. That was one depressing place after the race. Little piles of Smarty Jones T-Shirts and tickets burning as far as the eye could see.

The Belmont always reminds me of one of the greatest races ever run. The Affirmed-Alydar Belmont. They were throwing it down...Alydar never switched leads which is amazing considering how great a racehorse he was.....
Each day is better than the next
speedycrap
speedycrap
  • Threads: 46
  • Posts: 1310
Joined: Oct 13, 2013
May 30th, 2014 at 6:21:46 AM permalink
I think CC is still a good SHOW bet.
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 1739
Joined: Jan 12, 2013
May 30th, 2014 at 2:18:02 PM permalink
Quote: speedycrap

I think CC is still a good SHOW bet.



Wear a dress when making that show bet......just kidding. 2.60-2.80 on a 2.......up to 3 if a longshot hits the board?
Each day is better than the next
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 129
  • Posts: 3917
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
May 30th, 2014 at 4:55:13 PM permalink
Quote: treetopbuddy

Wear a dress when making that show bet......just kidding. 2.60-2.80 on a 2.......up to 3 if a longshot hits the board?



No chance show pays $3. $2.60 seems a little high...
speedycrap
speedycrap
  • Threads: 46
  • Posts: 1310
Joined: Oct 13, 2013
May 30th, 2014 at 8:45:23 PM permalink
I think with 10 entries, 2.6 is a easy target.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 129
  • Posts: 3917
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
May 30th, 2014 at 8:59:30 PM permalink
There were 10 in the Preakness and it paid $2.40...
ontariodealer
ontariodealer
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 999
Joined: Aug 5, 2013
May 30th, 2014 at 9:34:55 PM permalink
Quote: treetopbuddy

Could you explain how Medal Count is an overlay and Commanding Curve is an underlay.

The Belmont pool will be large enough to reflect reasonable odds based on what is known about the horses.



I had the two top longshots going into the derby as medal count and commanding curve........curve got a very good trip and was flying on the outside with half of north america seeing it.....medal count got a horrid trip and yet was still flying down the middle when totally stopped by danza (who would have been dq'd in most races) popped out a 16th out.

cal chrome will take tons of support and comm curve will get a lot of "dumb money"..........medal count will probably be the top threat and he will be well hidden.
get second you pig
ten2win
ten2win 
  • Threads: 20
  • Posts: 331
Joined: Jul 27, 2010
June 3rd, 2014 at 4:09:54 PM permalink
Time for a Thread Bump.

Post Time for June 7, 2014 is 6:52 p.m. EDT.

Post Position draw is tomorrow at 11:00 a.m. EDT.

Have a look at the updated odds and entries below, via the official website and Bovada.

California Chrome 11-10
Ride On Curlin 11-2
Commanding Curve 15-2
Tonalist 15-2
Wicked Strong 17-2
Medal Count 16-1
General A-Rod 20-1
Samraat 22-1
Social Inclusion 28-1
Commissioner 33-1
Matterhorn 33-1
Kid Cruz 40-1
Matuszak 40-1
I don't know everything but I know a lot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
  • Posts: 8277
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
June 3rd, 2014 at 4:15:35 PM permalink
Jackpots everywhere if California Chrome doesn't at least come in show.
I am a robot.
speedycrap
speedycrap
  • Threads: 46
  • Posts: 1310
Joined: Oct 13, 2013
June 3rd, 2014 at 7:45:51 PM permalink
Anybody please post a link of past performance after the draw. Thanks.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
  • Posts: 8277
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
June 3rd, 2014 at 8:15:37 PM permalink
Quote: speedycrap

Anybody please post a link of past performance after the draw. Thanks.

Tough now with TTB nuked and LarryS under suspension to recreate any discussions had before. Buzzard is muted on time out too, so you're one of the only ones capable of an educated guess. It's certainly not coming from me besides my popular opinion gut feeling guess CC will come in third.
I am a robot.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 129
  • Posts: 3917
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
June 3rd, 2014 at 8:18:41 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Tough now with TTB nuked and LarryS under suspension to recreate any discussions had before. Buzzard is muted on time out too, so you're one of the only ones capable of an educated guess. It's certainly not coming from me besides my popular opinion gut feeling guess CC will come in third.



So.... Looks like it's just us....
MidwestAP
MidwestAP
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 1264
Joined: Feb 19, 2012
June 4th, 2014 at 1:04:36 PM permalink
I see CC drew the #2 gate for the Belmont. For you horse guys, is this an advantage, disadvantage, or neutral draw?
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 118
  • Posts: 6351
Joined: Jun 22, 2011
June 4th, 2014 at 5:38:12 PM permalink
Quote: speedycrap

Anybody please post a link of past performance after the draw. Thanks.


Don't think they're out yet.

Here is the page where I would expect them to be, but these still have last year's past performances on them.
  • Jump to: