Thread Rating:

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1196
September 24th, 2010 at 3:18:54 PM permalink
Quote: 98steps

I am in total agreement with posting and agreeing to the contract terms here on the community board.

It seems to me from rule 4 that the next step would be to show MB the specifics of the betting system. Perhaps you should send him a private message with the details. You may want to think ahead to rule 5 about who to use as the neutral third party. Any attorneys on the forum? If not, I am available. Again, I can't speak for either party; I'm just trying to moderate and expedite things.

Quote: MB challenge rules

4. You must explain the rules of the system clearly and unambiguously. At the start of any given round, it should be dead obvious how the player is supposed to wager.

5. We will execute a contract, and then deposit our money in escrow up front with a neutral, mutually-agreed-upon attorney who will also act as judge. After you make your deposit, you may not withdraw from the challenge. The only way for you to reclaim your deposited money will be to win the challenge, otherwise you forfeit.

It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
98steps
98steps
  • Threads: 4
September 24th, 2010 at 3:20:16 PM permalink
Michael- I am sufficiently thru my own computer simulation. Let's get this contract ironed out.
Thanks,
Christiaan
98steps
98steps
September 24th, 2010 at 3:21:30 PM permalink
Wizard-

Will you act as the intermediary? Hold the funds in escrow and act as impartial judge?
98steps
98steps
September 24th, 2010 at 3:23:45 PM permalink
anyone who is interested.....I will be funding $1000, could post as much as $1500. If anyone in the community would like to come on board with me, as long as Michael is willing, there is room. Just let me know.
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
  • Threads: 26
September 24th, 2010 at 3:46:28 PM permalink
The Wizard is right. #4 of the rules says that you explain your system before we execute the contract. That's because I have to make sure it's really a traditional betting system playable with common Vegas rules, and not something that attempts to win by exploiting the computer's RNG or which uses esoteric or non-existent game rules. 98steps, please send that to my email address, which you have, since I'm sure you want to keep the details of your system secret.

Once I've verified that it satisfies the rules, I'll post the sample contract to this forum. After everyone's had their input, I'll run it by my lawyer. Once we've got a good agreed-upon contract, we'll both sign it and place our money in escrow with the Wizard. Then I'll program the simulation and run the test.

I'll accept any wager amount between $1000 and $3000, so anyone who wants to throw in their lot with 98steps is welcome to do so. He doesn't have to bet exactly $1000 or $3000, so anything he raises up to the $3000 limit is fine. My own bet will be 10x whatever is wagered against me.
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
September 24th, 2010 at 3:54:48 PM permalink
Quote: 98steps

Michael- I am sufficiently thru my own computer simulation. Let's get this contract ironed out.
Thanks,
Christiaan

How much computer simulation did you do? Did you take up anyone's offer to do a free simulation? Wincraps might be a good program, but if you make an error setting it up, who knows what might happen.
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
nope27
nope27
  • Threads: 5
September 24th, 2010 at 4:07:39 PM permalink
Quote: miplet

How much computer simulation did you do? Did you take up anyone's offer to do a free simulation? Wincraps might be a good program, but if you make an error setting it up, who knows what might happen.

Excellent question miplet.
Wincraps auto bet files can be tricky to program. I have on many occasions placed a few lines of perfect code in the wrong position and only found the mistake after playing a session manually and saw that the results were not the same.

I had offered earlier to front $3000 for the challenge, only after I could test the system myself.

Seems to me my offer was not accepted.

good luck!
98steps
98steps
September 24th, 2010 at 6:23:54 PM permalink
Quote: nope27

Excellent question miplet.
Wincraps auto bet files can be tricky to program. I have on many occasions placed a few lines of perfect code in the wrong position and only found the mistake after playing a session manually and saw that the results were not the same.

I had offered earlier to front $3000 for the challenge, only after I could test the system myself.

Seems to me my offer was not accepted.

good luck!

I have not accepted anyone else's offer to simulate. Have currently simulated 40,000 rolls, and 100 system sessions over the last couple of days. Watching the entire process in order to ensure that the program behaves properly.

Nope27, I sincerely appreciate the offer, but respectfully decline.
Aussie
Aussie
  • Threads: 12
September 24th, 2010 at 6:34:44 PM permalink
This will be the easiest money Mr Blujay makes in his entire life if it actually goes ahead.
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
  • Threads: 26
September 24th, 2010 at 6:50:21 PM permalink
Quote: Aussie

This will be the easiest money Mr Blujay makes in his entire life if it actually goes ahead.

Don't count on it. I've made more on a dollar-per-hour basis in business, stocks, real estate, and gambling. (That last one is courtesy of the Wizard. I used to piggyback my money onto his expert Superbowl picks.)

Anyway, I'm just waiting for 98steps to send his system rules to me, and then we can work on agreeing to a contract. The ball's in his court now.

• Jump to: