Thread Rating:

98steps
98steps
  • Threads: 4
September 24th, 2010 at 6:57:01 PM permalink
I don't have it in fully written out detail currently. Most of my notes are in shorthand notes to me alone. I am currently working on it. You will have it by Monday at the latest.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1223
September 24th, 2010 at 7:59:35 PM permalink
Quote: 98steps

I don't have it in fully written out detail currently. Most of my notes are in shorthand notes to me alone. I am currently working on it. You will have it by Monday at the latest.

Hopefully it is fewer than 98 steps.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
98steps
98steps
September 26th, 2010 at 10:37:57 AM permalink
I have completed my system write up and submitted to Mr. BLuejay as requested.
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
  • Threads: 29
September 26th, 2010 at 11:38:14 AM permalink
I can't open the proprietary attachment you sent. Can't you simply paste the text into your email message?
98steps
98steps
September 26th, 2010 at 11:40:37 AM permalink
re-sent, pasted into email message. sorry
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
September 26th, 2010 at 1:48:59 PM permalink
I got it, and as expected, it's gibberish. Feel free to send it again in English. And no, I won't help you with it. I'm offering a challenge, not my services as a free English tutor. If you can't write it coherently, then I recommend getting someone to help you translate it into something understandable.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1223
September 26th, 2010 at 2:04:15 PM permalink
Quote: MichaelBluejay

I got it, and as expected, it's gibberish. Feel free to send it again in English. And no, I won't help you with it.

Fortunately, we have an English teacher in our midst. From the "cheating boyfriends" thread:

Quote: mkl654321

That post serves as yet another reminder of why I'm an English teacher.

I wonder if he will translate it from gibberish to English.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
98steps
98steps
September 26th, 2010 at 2:30:00 PM permalink
Michael, I apologize if my e-mail came thru to you as "gibberish". Perhaps the formatting did not transfer with the data when I cut and pasted it per your request. I do not believe I ever asked for, or implied that I needed, help with it. I acknowledge that we are in negotiation of my attempts to accept your challenge.

I will re-write the directions for operating my system and try to make the directions more understandable to you.
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
September 26th, 2010 at 2:44:58 PM permalink

Perhaps the formatting did not transfer with the data when I cut and pasted it per your request.

Oh please. It's plain text! There is no "formatting". The problem, as I said before, is that it's not written in understandable English.

I do not believe I ever asked for, or implied that I needed, help with it.

You're right, you didn't imply that you needed help with it. I did. What you submitted is so fantastically far from understandable that I'm not going to accept any further submissions until you've had someone else help fix it. Otherwise, you'd submit an incomprehensible version, and I'd say "No", then you'd submit another incomprehensible version, and we'd keep going round and round and wasting my time.
98steps
98steps
September 26th, 2010 at 3:54:09 PM permalink
It is by no means my intention to waste your time. My only purpose in pursuing this is to win the money that your challenge offers. To that end, I will continue to comply with your requirements.

Quote: MichaelBluejay

I'm not going to accept any further submissions until you've had someone else help fix it.

As it is now a requirement that my System submission be proof-read and corrected, I am asking that those in the community that would be willing to help me please let me know.

• Jump to: