Thread Rating:

billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
February 8th, 2022 at 10:28:05 AM permalink
Would an annual flu/covid shot be that bad a thing?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
February 8th, 2022 at 11:18:25 AM permalink
The scientists are gonna be at least 6 months behind on getting new vaccines for variants that make older vaccines irrelevant.
We still haven't even gotten the sub-18 age group vaccinated.
2022 is gonna be much worse than 2021.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 8th, 2022 at 11:59:37 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Would an annual flu/covid shot be that bad a thing?
link to original post

It will not be a good thing.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
February 8th, 2022 at 12:00:23 PM permalink
Quote: Starburger

I feel that eventually we will need a Vaccine needed for every Variant that pops up and that worries me.
link to original post

But that will make pharmacies like Walgreens, as an example, wealthy!
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
February 8th, 2022 at 12:27:15 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

But that will make pharmacies like Walgreens, as an example, wealthy!
link to original post

$:o) I see what you did there.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
Thanked by
RogerKint
February 8th, 2022 at 12:46:41 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

The scientists are gonna be at least 6 months behind on getting new vaccines for variants that make older vaccines irrelevant.
link to original post

Don't you wish this was a gambling site and you could. bet big bucks against feces like this?
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
OnceDear
OnceDear
February 8th, 2022 at 12:51:52 PM permalink
Quote: DeMango

link to original post

Don't you wish this was a gambling site and you could. bet big bucks against feces like this?
link to original post

"Feces like this?" Please clarify. Feces like What?

Insult to CC intended?
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
Thanked by
JoemanDeMango
February 8th, 2022 at 1:04:05 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

link to original post

link to original post

Insult to CC intended?
link to original post

Impossible. We all died in August 2020
100% risk of ruin
Joeman
Joeman
Thanked by
RogerKintDeMango
February 8th, 2022 at 1:29:11 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

Impossible. We all died in August 2020

Well, July 2020, actually... according to ChumpChange's numbers.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
DeMango
DeMango
February 8th, 2022 at 4:34:36 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

Insult to CC intended?
link to original post

Feces. Kaka. Dung. The numbers that have been brought up for two years by the chumpster. As mentioned by posts above, the fact that we died back in 2020. So now and everyday a new set of numbers (Kaka) that the moderators let slide, despite objections from other posters. I just voiced my opinion I could make a few shekels betting against the chumpsters figures he pulls out of his keister.
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
OnceDear
OnceDear
February 8th, 2022 at 5:35:49 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

Insult to CC intended?
link to original post

Feces. Kaka. Dung. The numbers that have been brought up for two years by the chumpster. As mentioned by posts above, the fact that we died back in 2020. So now and everyday a new set of numbers (Kaka) that the moderators let slide, despite objections from other posters. I just voiced my opinion I could make a few shekels betting against the chumpsters figures he pulls out of his keister.
link to original post

So it's his unreliable numbers you attacked. Thanks for clarifying.
Have a nice Day
$:o)
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
February 18th, 2022 at 11:14:43 AM permalink
Surgeon general tests positive for COVID-19 | TheHill
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/594904-surgeon-general-tests-positive-for-covid-19

Surgeon General Vivek Murthy announced Friday that he has tested positive for COVID-19, days after he said that his 4-year-old daughter had the virus.

Murthy wrote on Twitter that his wife and his 5-year-old son were also positive for the virus and had "mild symptoms." His daughter is "doing ok" and has an improving fever, he added.

In a comment below:
3,187 Americans died OF covid yesterday.

3,069 of them were UNVACCINATED

Meanwhile, in most vaccinated Vermont: 2
OnceDear
OnceDear
February 18th, 2022 at 1:36:07 PM permalink

Surgeon general tests positive for COVID-19 | TheHill
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/594904-surgeon-general-tests-positive-for-covid-19

Surgeon General Vivek Murthy announced Friday that he has tested positive for COVID-19, days after he said that his 4-year-old daughter had the virus.

I believe the main infection vector at the moment is kids bringing the infection home from school and once it gets in the home, every family member succumbs. Just anecdotal evidence, but every case I've encountered in family and my limited circle of friends, has resulted in the whole immediate family getting it.

Quote:

In a comment below:
3,187 Americans died OF covid yesterday.

3,069 of them were UNVACCINATED

Meanwhile, in most vaccinated Vermont: 2
link to original post

CC, can you cite sources when you post numbers like that? neither JohnHopkins, nor https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ shows those numbers, as far as I can tell.

Not that numbers will convince anyone on this site.
billryan
billryan
February 18th, 2022 at 1:43:29 PM permalink
NY Times reported 3187 two days ago, so it would have been yesterdays paper.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
DeMango
DeMango
February 19th, 2022 at 3:02:03 AM permalink
Unlike the days of my youth, when NYT was delivered to appropriate classrooms, I would trust The Economist before a US rag/paper that has become a political POS.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
February 19th, 2022 at 5:15:43 AM permalink

when NYT was delivered to appropriate classrooms - I would trust The Economist before a US rag/paper that has become a political POS.
link to original post

greatest newspaper in the world - by far - no other newspaper can touch it - sure it has a political bias - so does every single other newspaper in the world - so what_________? - who cares______________?

90% of the stories are not political

savvy readers know when the stories are biased - for any newspaper - that's part of the calculation as to the value of the story

you sound real bitter - like you think every newspaper has an obligation to have the same political views as you - ridiculous

Please don't feed the trolls
tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 10
February 19th, 2022 at 8:49:20 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

greatest newspaper in the world - by far - no other newspaper can touch it - sure it has a political bias - so does every single other newspaper in the world - so what_________? - who cares______________?

savvy readers know when the stories are biased - for any newspaper - that's part of the calculation as to the value of the story

you sound real bitter - like you think every newspaper has an obligation to have the same political views as you - ridiculous

No, IMO your analysis above is incorrect on two fronts: (1) News stories can and are written with political bias. The "journalist" can and does insert their "slant." and (2) The paper's editorial board can and does censure stories and news that does not fit a certain narrative or the paper's political agenda.

tuttigym

link to original post

DeMango
DeMango
February 19th, 2022 at 1:33:55 PM permalink

when NYT was delivered to appropriate classrooms - I would trust The Economist before a US rag/paper that has become a political POS.
link to original post

link to original post

I prefer truth. You do not. I grew up basically without bias, you seem to embrace it. Sometimes what does not get reported is the truth. So how does your savvy ass get the information the NYT buries on page 34, Or does not report at all?
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
Thanked by
rsactuary
February 20th, 2022 at 10:13:02 AM permalink

. I grew up basically without bias, _______ your savvy ass

nobody grows up without bias or lives without bias as an adult_____________it's everywhere___________you're dreaming

you have biases just as I do____________you just fantasize that you're totally objective_____________a pipe dream

and using the word "ass" to insult me again shows your bitterness

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Feb 20, 2022
DeMango
DeMango
February 23rd, 2022 at 6:20:38 PM permalink

. I grew up basically without bias, _______ your savvy ass

nobody grows up without bias or lives without bias as an adult_____________it's everywhere___________you're dreaming

you have biases just as I do____________you just fantasize that you're totally objective_____________a pipe dream

and using the word "ass" to insult me again shows your bitterness

link to original post

So you project being biased on everyone because you are biased. Yup, that argument works.
billryan
billryan
February 26th, 2022 at 8:03:01 AM permalink
The CDC released a map showing which counties could reduce their mask mandates and the situation in Arizona has taken a sudden turn. Up until now, the center of the state- the I-10 corridor between Phoenix and Tucson had been the hardest hit portion of the state, along with the Navajo Nation. Now it has reversed. The two cities have been given the go ahead to reduce precautions, while the outer parts of the state are still deep orange/even red. New Mexico, which was previously all red has now gone mostly yellow. Cochise County, which was once a yellow island in a sea of red is now dark orange.
tuttigym
tuttigym
February 26th, 2022 at 8:35:17 AM permalink

So you project being biased on everyone because you are biased. Yup, that argument works.
link to original post

Bias is debate. Bias is point of view. Likes and dislikes are bias. Bias is never limited; it just is.

tuttigym
tuttigym
tuttigym
February 26th, 2022 at 8:57:29 AM permalink
The Washington Post: U.S. "excess deaths" (by govt. mortality stats) top 1M over a two year period . The vast majority of which were from covid. The stats expose swollen numbers of deaths from heart disease, hypertension, dementia, and other ailments. The CDC's analysis estimates 208,431 excess deaths from all the non-covid 19 causes since the start of the pandemic (2 year period). A CDC official (Robert Anderson) stated that many people who died of covid were elderly, sick, or very frail, and even without the pandemic, some might not have survived across the two-year span of the pandemic, and therefore are not, strictly speaking, "excess deaths."

The CDC has found that 74% of covid deaths occurred among people age 65 AND OVER.

IMHO group think and hysteria, based on the above, is misplaced.

tuttigym
DeMango
DeMango
Thanked by
SanchoPanza
February 26th, 2022 at 12:53:14 PM permalink
Agree. A lot of foolish talk from the Government getting us ready to be led like sheep in the future.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
Thanked by
rawtuffrsactuary
February 26th, 2022 at 3:42:42 PM permalink
Quote: tuttigym

The Washington Post: U.S. "excess deaths" (by govt. mortality stats) top 1M over a two year period . The vast majority of which were from covid. The stats expose swollen numbers of deaths from heart disease, hypertension, dementia, and other ailments. The CDC's analysis estimates 208,431 excess deaths from all the non-covid 19 causes since the start of the pandemic (2 year period). A CDC official (Robert Anderson) stated that many people who died of covid were elderly, sick, or very frail, and even without the pandemic, some might not have survived across the two-year span of the pandemic, and therefore are not, strictly speaking, "excess deaths."

The CDC has found that 74% of covid deaths occurred among people age 65 AND OVER.

IMHO group think and hysteria, based on the above, is misplaced.

tuttigym
link to original post

It's disconcerting that people keep forgetting having many people sick or dying all close together would have been massive actual major problem regardless of the fact of how soon they might of died from age and other causes. Let's compress all the deaths and illness into 6 months instead of 2 years. Do people think anyone else would need a hospital bed or a doctor in that 6 months? Are you going to get good care even if you get in with beds outside in tents? Are going kill all your medical people from overwork so you have even fewer working?

I say this, as it seems people seem to think letting it run rampant or not worry about it was the right move all along.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
April 20th, 2022 at 12:40:14 PM permalink
Breaking tweet:
10) more variants on the way. More trouble.

New lineages designated today. This is what happens when mass infection is the new idiotic pandemic strategy.

BA.1.1.18
BA.2.9.2
BA.2.34
BA.2.3.4
BA.2.33
BA.2.32
BA.2.31
BA.2.30
BA.2.29
BA.2.28
BA.2.27
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
Thanked by
RogerKintDeMango
April 20th, 2022 at 2:10:06 PM permalink
For all the discussion about the need to rely on science, I never see any science in any of these proclamations of new strains. Are natural immunities developed from previous infections by earlier strains of any use in inhibiting these strains? And if so, how much? What is the relative transmissibility and virulence of these new strains? (I get the impression these are somewhat more transmissible than the original omicron strain but even less virulent. Is that correct?)

At some point:
- almost everyone has developed some degree of natural immunity
- this seems to look more like the influenza
- the existence of vaccines and availability of medical therapies makes this kind of a "meh"
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
April 26th, 2022 at 4:43:49 AM permalink
Dr. Birx on TV rn saying being infected doesn't prevent future infection due to variants.
1 million American fatalities from COVID approaching and will be reached within hours. <4K deaths to go.
Dr. Birx says people over 70 years old are dying at the highest rate from COVID rn, and cases in NYS are rising over the past month.

Yeah, central NYS is turning red with new cases over 50/100K per day per county.

Vaccines will have to become regular because they don't last all that long.
With 2/3rds of Americans vaccinated and less than half boosted, and kids with very low vaccination rates, this pandemic will continue unabated for years.
Herd immunity for this disease is over 95% vaccinated.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
April 26th, 2022 at 5:44:27 AM permalink

your post above omitted something very important_____________covid cases are now much less serious___________at least in the U.S.

in January of 2021 the U.S. was averaging more than 3,300 deaths per day

this is from today from the front page of the online edition of the New York Times

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Apr 26, 2022
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
April 26th, 2022 at 5:53:00 AM permalink
Just before Omicron became dominant, Delta was at 50K new cases per day. Omicron put it at over a million new cases a day. I got my booster in January to protect against that. Did people getting their boosters early this year drop Omicron cases back down 95%? I don't know what runs this pandemic except that every variant that becomes dominant is more contagious than the last and for the unvaccinated, it isn't any less dangerous.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
April 26th, 2022 at 5:57:06 AM permalink

and for the unvaccinated, it isn't any less dangerous.
link to original post

that is incorrect_____________it is less dangerous for both the vaccinated and unvaccinated_______________because there are a great many fewer deaths both in the numerical total and in the % of those who get infected that die

as shown in my above post

ChumpChange
ChumpChange
April 26th, 2022 at 6:06:24 AM permalink
Vaccinated people seem to think things are open so they drop their safeguards and suddenly there's a spike in cases.

I'd have to see hospital data about percentage of people who are unvaccinated in the ICU vs. vaccinated in the ICU. I would expect 20 to 1 unvaccinated to vaccinated still in the ICU.
Are health insurance plans barring payments for unvaccinated people for COVID complications since last fall? Maybe those people don't even go to the hospital anymore.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
April 26th, 2022 at 9:11:34 PM permalink
https://twitter.com/j_g_allen/status/1517616400755531776
Hospitalization rates, NYC:

Unvaxxed: 66.6/100,000
Vaxxed: 2.9/100,000
Vax + Booster: 1.8/100,000
0-4 years old: 1.3/100,000

NEW: Update from @nycHealthy on NYC's BA.2 wave.
Shows hospitalizations remain low but starting to rise—for the unvax'd. They're now *37.8* times more likely to be hospitalized than vax'd NYers.
One thing remains true through all the ups & downs of this pandemic: VACCINES WORK.

Minimizers focus only on the denominator, ignoring the numerator.
Over 100,000 kids have been hospitalized.
Some won’t share that fact.

Looks like new cases per day are expected to double each week.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
May 7th, 2022 at 1:36:34 AM permalink

for the first time in many weeks (I follow it every day) according to the NYT the 14 day average of new deaths is up (by 1%) although it is still way, way down when compared to January of 2021 - it had been going way down until recently

the 14 day average for hospitalizations is way up, and the average for new cases is way, way up

the Administration is warning of a Fall surge in infections and believe it or not quoted the number of potential new infections as being__________100 million

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2022/05/06/fall-winter-coronavirus-wave/

Last edited by: lilredrooster on May 7, 2022
DeMango
DeMango
May 7th, 2022 at 5:26:34 AM permalink
dupedupe
DeMango
DeMango
May 7th, 2022 at 5:29:07 AM permalink
The sky is falling again! BUT we won't be fooled again!
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
Thanked by
rsactuary
May 7th, 2022 at 5:44:18 AM permalink

The sky is falling again! BUT we won't be fooled again!
link to original post

I don't understand this. I see it often. A misbelief that if something has been somewhat beaten and no longer a threat then it must never have been a threat

I lost a few friends and family to Covid including my Advantage Play partner. Covid is very real to those who suffered from it.

These types of pandemic situations do go away over time. Does anyone feel Spanish Flu was never a serious threat because today no one catches it? Bubonic plague?

It's sad some people felt this was some type of political checkmate move but if that were the case, the whole pandemic would have disappeared on November 8th after the election. It didn't go away immediately did it? (Oh, right, it never existed in the first place, SMH).
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
May 7th, 2022 at 7:12:05 AM permalink
There's about 650 new cases a day in Erie County, NY (Buffalo area), and also Nassau County, NY and it's higher or lower in surrounding NYC counties.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
June 10th, 2022 at 8:14:57 PM permalink
Should I get my 2nd COVID booster next month or get a Monkeypox vaccine next month?
Gundy
Gundy
  • Threads: 0
Thanked by
RogerKint
June 11th, 2022 at 1:46:54 PM permalink
monkeypox? Seriously?
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
June 11th, 2022 at 7:29:14 PM permalink

Should I get my 2nd COVID booster next month or get a Monkeypox vaccine next month?
link to original post

If you've had chickenpox already then it is my understanding that you're immune to monkeypox.

The following is from this source monkeypox transmission article

While it is still early and much is not known, almost all the African cases were detected in sexual health clinics in men who have sex with men and were seeking health services related to that.

Airborne transmission has not yet been confirmed. (Can anyone confirm this?)

Rats can carry the monkey pox virus, and are believed to transmit it to humans when they are eaten by humans (more relevant to Africa, than to the U.S., I hope)
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
June 11th, 2022 at 7:34:50 PM permalink
Britain has listed #monkeypox on its list of “AIRBORNE HIGH CONSEQUENCE INFECTIOUS DISEASE”” that can spread through the air.
https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1535632192486924291

I got my 2nd COVID booster at Rite Aid today. The pharmacist is unaware of new variants of COVID vaccines or new vaccines for Monkeypox. I just had some free time at the store getting some ear drops, and I rarely visit the store.
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 39
September 6th, 2022 at 7:55:48 PM permalink
Omicron booster shots in California: Am I eligible? Where can I get it? How quickly?
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
MDawg
MDawg
September 8th, 2022 at 10:21:25 AM permalink
Interesting how the flu vaccine has all sorts of warnings and contraindications noted, but the new Covid booster vaccine - a blank page.

Also, the pre-insurance pay cost of the new Pfizer vaccine only $2.59 - the flu vaccine $66.99
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
MDawg
MDawg
September 10th, 2022 at 7:39:49 AM permalink
"Yikes. Almost everyone I know who went to Burning Man 2022, is coming back with COVID," Lauren Hudgins said on Twitter.

"Outdoor activity didn’t save them from the virus. #Ba5 is that transmissible. Don’t risk it—get the #BoosterShot."
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
September 10th, 2022 at 7:48:19 AM permalink
Even with all the current boosters, it won't stop you from getting mild COVID which can irreparably harm your lifestyle/life/health. Mask up, social distance, and get boosted. Don't expect COVID to be over this decade. There will be local lulls but it will always come back a few weeks or months later.

In other news, the New York Governor declared a state of emergency from polio spread/low vaccination rates.
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
  • Threads: 5
Thanked by
MDawg
September 10th, 2022 at 7:50:42 AM permalink
I wouldn't read anything into this. All it means is that the data for the patient information leaflet hasn't been loaded into the database yet. The database updates usually occur once a month, and sometimes even once a quarter. If you are truly worried, you can ask for the package insert for the vaccine. Any pharmacist would be willing to give you one upon request. I make no comment about pricing, as that is individualized based on your insurance and what it covers.

Source: Me. Licensed pharmacist since 1993.

Gene
MDawg
MDawg
September 10th, 2022 at 8:01:28 AM permalink
I no longer wear a mask at the gym, but my gym is very large and relatively empty much of the time. At the casino gyms, I don't wear a mask either. Some casino gyms are very large and empty, some are smaller and a bit more crowded at times.

I do wear a mask whenever I enter a store.

I stopped wearing a mask at the casinos, but I play alone at a table where only the dealer and pit boss are near me. I see many dealers still wearing masks - I probably would too if I had a job that required me to be close to thousands of different people each month.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
September 10th, 2022 at 9:35:08 AM permalink
I would think the biggest issue at BM would be sand in your lungs.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 10th, 2022 at 9:46:30 AM permalink

Even with all the current boosters, it won't stop you from getting mild COVID which can irreparably harm your lifestyle/life/health. Mask up, social distance, and get boosted. Don't expect COVID to be over this decade. There will be local lulls but it will always come back a few weeks or months later.

In other news, the New York Governor declared a state of emergency from polio spread/low vaccination rates.
link to original post

Last month at my physical my doctor asked if he should stop asking if I want the vax.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
  • Jump to: