Keyser
  • Threads: 35
Thanked by
SanchoPanza
January 13th, 2022 at 9:29:34 AM permalink
Quote: rawtuff

Quote: Keyser

Quote: rawtuff

Unvaxxed people are far more transmissible than vaxxed that's a fact, not a propaganda.
link to original post

Considering the fact that most of the people eligible for the vax have received one, yet we're at the highest rate of infection ever should tell you all you need to know.

link to original post

Due to the nature of this pathogen and its currently dominant variant (Omicron) and the nature of the vaccines available the population should be vaccinated with a recent (best no older than 3 months) booster shot in order to have significant enough level of antibodies.
Of American adults who are fully vaccinated, only about 30 percent have received a booster, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. And among all Americans, only about one in six has received a booster.

And, yes, vaccines are not that effective against Omicron due to the high number of mutations in the variant - about 70% compared to about 90% against Delta.
People who are not vaccinated, but have been infected with C19 in the past 3-5 months and survived without complications will have even better immune response to Omicron than just vaccinated. Still, vaccines do have high positive effect on lowering the rate of transmission even if not preventing infection alone.
link to original post

The data just doesn't support your claim. I'm boosted as is my wife and most of the people in my family group, yet we all have contracted the Omicron version of the China Virus. This is likely my second infection, as I think I had a previous infection last spring, but was not tested at that time. Besides, many of the virologists and even my doctor have said that it only protects against severe illness at this point, and that it will not make you anymore or less likely to contract the virus. It only helps once the virus has gotten into your cells.

Wake up, look at the daily covid case graphs and the number of people vaxed. This is a pandemic of everyone.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
Thanked by
Dieter
January 13th, 2022 at 9:44:43 AM permalink
Dear all,
Please let's try to keep a mathematical, evidence based leaning to this thread. Please DO NOT turn it into a 'vax' : 'dont vax' opinion piece.
Rule 19 guys. RULE 19!
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 113
January 13th, 2022 at 12:57:23 PM permalink
My phone says 50K people in New York State have died with COVID & 4.35 million people have been infected since they started counting.
Pennsylvania has had 38K deaths & almost 2 million cases.
New Jersey has had 29K deaths & 1.65 million cases.
Nevada has had 8.6K deaths and 543K cases.
Mississippi has had 10.6K deaths & 625K cases.
Massachusetts has had 20K deaths & 1.186 million cases.
Illinois has had 29K deaths & 2.56 million cases.
California has had 76.8K deaths & 6.3 million cases.
Washington State has had 10K deaths & 1 million cases.
Washington D.C. has had 1.2K deaths & 144K cases.

I think the TV said nearly 60 million cases in the USA so far and over 800K dead.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
January 13th, 2022 at 1:12:18 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

My phone says 50K people in New York State have died with COVID & 4.35 million people have been infected since they started counting.
Pennsylvania has had 38K deaths & almost 2 million cases.
New Jersey has had 29K deaths & 1.65 million cases.
Nevada has had 8.6K deaths and 543K cases.
Mississippi has had 10.6K deaths & 625K cases.
Massachusetts has had 20K deaths & 1.186 million cases.
Illinois has had 29K deaths & 2.56 million cases.
California has had 76.8K deaths & 6.3 million cases.
Washington State has had 10K deaths & 1 million cases.
Washington D.C. has had 1.2K deaths & 144K cases.

I think the TV said nearly 60 million cases in the USA so far and over 800K dead.
link to original post

Your TV viewing is a bit behind the curve. But right order of numbers

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Coronavirus Cases:
Deaths:
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
January 13th, 2022 at 1:17:38 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

The combo meal of the two combined might be.

I would kill for a Combo meal right now. In the last three days I have had banana pudding and low sodium beef broth.

(BTW, I am in the hospital trying to avoid Covid to keep this somewhat on topic).
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
January 13th, 2022 at 1:36:31 PM permalink
If you had COVID you probably could kill someone else legally, but will you infect the touch screen kiosk?
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
January 14th, 2022 at 3:24:15 PM permalink
Free at-⁠home COVID-⁠19 tests
Every home in the U.S. can soon order 4 free at-⁠home COVID-⁠19 tests. The tests will be completely free—there are no shipping costs and you don’t need to enter a credit card number.

Ordering begins January 19.
https://www.covidtests.gov/
Gundy
Gundy
  • Threads: 0
January 15th, 2022 at 5:09:31 AM permalink
I can't think of a single reason why I would want to test.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
January 15th, 2022 at 5:26:31 AM permalink
If I come down ill, I would want to know what it is.
They're only giving 4 free tests per household, instead of 4 free tests per person. In a 15 person trailer home, I guess one sick person is enough.
Starburger
Starburger
  • Threads: 2
January 20th, 2022 at 8:19:15 AM permalink
The problem with Covid is that the majority of people thought Covid was just about over when the vaccines became readily available in the first quarter of 2021 and the general vibe was that Covid cases were way down and we were on the brink of it going away for good. People in general were beginning to live like it was 2019 wearing no masks, not washing their hands or sanitizing them frequently and going back to being really close to each other again. Living like it was 2019 when it wasn't was the wrong way to go. I am reminded of the Land Of Confusion song by Genesis where the lyric goes, "They say the danger's gone away, but I can see the fire's still alight." People thought the danger was basically over when he vaccines became readily available we were actually still in a lot of trouble. Only when the Delta surge went global is when a lot of people went back to acting like it was 2020 and not 2019 taking all the necessary precautions to slow the spread. With Omicron, we're even more vigilant. One good thing about the random variants circling the world is that we are no longer naive thinking that when a Variant breaks out in a certain Country it will stay in that Country and not travel out of it like the majority of the world acted when the first Covid variant broke out in China.
One man's offense is another man's humor.
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
January 20th, 2022 at 8:27:53 AM permalink
That’s because masks and mandates don’t work. Just ask CDC
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
Starburger
Starburger
  • Threads: 2
January 20th, 2022 at 8:33:10 AM permalink
Quote: DeMango

link to original post

I am fully vaccinated and I wear my mask on a daily basis. I am not comfortable going out without my mask on despite being fully vaccinated. I feel a lot safer with my mask on. Also the mask protects me from touching my face which is always a plus. We never realized how unhealthy touching our faces really was until Covid broke out.
One man's offense is another man's humor.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
January 20th, 2022 at 11:45:02 AM permalink
Oklahoma hospitals are just about full up. Having a statewide shutdown is required now, but they won't do it.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
January 20th, 2022 at 11:50:14 AM permalink
If they “won’t do it,” “required” is clearly incorrect.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
January 20th, 2022 at 11:57:09 AM permalink
It means "EPIC FAIL!"
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
January 20th, 2022 at 4:23:05 PM permalink
Beth Israel did a meta analysis of the original clinical trials of vaccine where they give real vaccines and fake vaccines and no one knows who got the real one or fake ones, not even the shot giver.

A little over 1/3 had side effects from the nothing shot.

Quote:

Haas and colleagues analyzed data from 12 clinical trials of COVID-19 vaccines. The 12 trials included adverse effects reports from 22,578 placebo recipients and 22,802 vaccine recipients. After the first injection, more than 35 percent of placebo recipients experienced systemic adverse events – symptoms affecting the entire body, such as fever – with headache and fatigue most common at 19.6 percent and 16.7 percent, respectively. Sixteen percent of placebo recipients reported at least one local event, such as pain at site of injection, redness or swelling.

https://www.bidmc.org/about-bidmc/news/2022/01/placebo-effect-contributes-to-covid-19-vaccine-adverse-events
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Gundy
Gundy
January 21st, 2022 at 3:24:48 AM permalink
Quote: Starburger

I am fully vaccinated and I wear my mask on a daily basis. I am not comfortable going out without my mask on despite being fully vaccinated. I feel a lot safer with my mask on. Also the mask protects me from touching my face which is always a plus. We never realized how unhealthy touching our faces really was until Covid broke out.
link to original post

I am the complete opposite. I've never had a mask on my face throughout this entire thing. I live exactly as I did pre-pandemic.

COVID is a risk to fat people with high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol. There is no coronavirus math that indicates I should make any changes to my lifestyle at all. People need to make their own decisions. Stay well Starburger.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
SanchoPanza
January 21st, 2022 at 3:37:54 AM permalink
Quote: Starburger

link to original post

link to original post

You said it right there. "Feel safer." Not that you are, but you feel you are.

Touching your face is just a normal thing. Unless you are in a place that needs to be hypersanitized like an OR or even a commercial kitchen there is no reason to get worked up about doing it.

The mask thing is turning out more and more to have been an opiate for the masses.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
January 21st, 2022 at 5:05:58 AM permalink
NYC hospitals overrun with bodies during COVID death surge, staffing shortages
https://nypost.com/2022/01/20/nyc-hospitals-overrun-with-bodies-during-covid-death-surge-staffing-shortages/

“The whole hospital system is at capacity with patients and, of course, that includes the morgues,” one person familiar with the situation said.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 21st, 2022 at 5:29:40 AM permalink

https://nypost.com/2022/01/20/nyc-hospitals-overrun-with-bodies-during-covid-death-surge-staffing-shortages/

“The whole hospital system is at capacity with patients and, of course, that includes the morgues,” one person familiar with the situation said.
link to original post

Sounds more due to staffing than anything else.
Gundy
Gundy
January 21st, 2022 at 8:33:48 AM permalink

link to original post

Mask mandates are working well
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 40
January 21st, 2022 at 9:12:30 AM permalink
The mask mandates may be in place, but too many ignore them. For example right now there is some kind of convention in town and I routinely see groups of rednecks get into elevators unmasked. If I'm already in the elevator I'm trapped but if they enter first I'll wait for the next car.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
January 21st, 2022 at 10:14:33 AM permalink

link to original post

How many hospital beds has New York City dropped below its peak?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 21st, 2022 at 10:15:21 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

The mask mandates may be in place, but too many ignore them. For example right now there is some kind of convention in town and I routinely see groups of rednecks get into elevators unmasked. If I'm already in the elevator I'm trapped but if they enter first I'll wait for the next car.
link to original post

Why would you call them "rednecks" just because they are not wearing masks?
MDawg
MDawg
January 21st, 2022 at 10:27:26 AM permalink
Has nothing to do with their wearing masks or not.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
SanchoPanza
January 21st, 2022 at 10:31:05 AM permalink

Has nothing to do with their wearing masks or not.
link to original post

But you said you saw "rednecks getting into elevators unmasked."
MDawg
MDawg
January 21st, 2022 at 10:34:16 AM permalink
Correct. But these were two separate observations.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
January 21st, 2022 at 10:42:54 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

link to original post

Uhhh, wanna bet that it refers to their exterior appearance?
billryan
billryan
January 21st, 2022 at 11:05:37 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

Because calling them morons might offend some people.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 21st, 2022 at 11:58:17 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

It has been almost 700 days now. Why some people still think masks are some kind of important thing I have no idea. Tens of thousands at football games no masks and the world does not end. Yet in an elevator it will?
rxwine
rxwine
January 21st, 2022 at 12:03:23 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

It has been almost 700 days now. Why some people still think masks are some kind of important thing I have no idea. Tens of thousands at football games no masks and the world does not end. Yet in an elevator it will?
link to original post

Unless it was a football game in an elevator it would. Ever been in an elevator with someone smoking a cigarette? If not, use your imagination.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
billryan
billryan
January 21st, 2022 at 12:18:18 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Unless it was a football game in an elevator it would. Ever been in an elevator with someone smoking a cigarette? If not, use your imagination.
link to original post

Are you suggesting the ventilation at an outdoor football game varies from that of a crowded elevator?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
SanchoPanza
January 21st, 2022 at 12:20:10 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

So wear your mask, nobody is stopping you,
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1494
Thanked by
RogerKint
January 21st, 2022 at 12:41:29 PM permalink

For example right now there is some kind of convention in town and I routinely see groups of rednecks get into elevators unmasked.
link to original post

This thread is getting overheated. I allow discussion about the Corona Virus because it affects playing and working in casinos. However, political statements and hate speech are not allowed. Everyone, please consider this a warning. I'll be monitoring the thread more carefully.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
January 21st, 2022 at 1:44:41 PM permalink
Jeff Foxworthy-Redneck Fashion Tips Part 1 - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbXkP_GZjsE
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
January 22nd, 2022 at 1:51:37 AM permalink
I HAVE COVID ON A CRUISE SHIP: my experience, getting tested, the red zone, cabin isolation, more - YouTube
Jordan Bauth
40K subscribers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeuOlQ1AIaI
Gundy
Gundy
Thanked by
RogerKintSanchoPanza
January 22nd, 2022 at 2:08:52 AM permalink

I HAVE COVID ON A CRUISE SHIP: my experience, getting tested, the red zone, cabin isolation, more - YouTube
Jordan Bauth
40K subscribers
link to original post

Vaccines, vaccine cards, masks, social distancing, hand washing, enhanced cleaning, etc.

How's this all working out?

Seems to me the response to COVID is far worse than COVID itself.
DeMango
DeMango
January 23rd, 2022 at 1:44:11 AM permalink
Quote: Gundy

Jordan Bauth
40K subscribers
link to original post

Vaccines, vaccine cards, masks, social distancing, hand washing, enhanced cleaning, etc.

link to original post

Exactly. Just lose weight!
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 23rd, 2022 at 5:14:26 AM permalink

Jordan Bauth
40K subscribers
link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Or have Type O blood.
rxwine
rxwine
January 23rd, 2022 at 6:17:47 AM permalink

Jordan Bauth
40K subscribers
link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Sure, we can mandate losing weight.
-
-
-
-
-
-

(that was a joke)
DeMango
DeMango
January 23rd, 2022 at 9:57:26 AM permalink
being grossly overweight and covid death rate are linked. took two years to find out? Shout out to Boris in UK ending worthless mask mandates!
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
January 23rd, 2022 at 11:15:39 AM permalink
Then NY and California restaurants shouldn't allow fat people into their restaurants, since they're likely to spread and die from the China Virus.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
Thanked by
rsactuaryOnceDeartuttigymDieterrxwine
January 23rd, 2022 at 11:33:43 AM permalink
Quote: Keyser

Then NY and California restaurants shouldn't allow fat people into their restaurants, since they're likely to spread and die from the China Virus.
link to original post

No one has claimed that obese people get infected more readily and/or spread the disease more readily -just that their organ capacity is more marginal and their ability to survive a Covid infection is lower. So, your comment above doesn't seem to make any sense at all. In addition, it seems mean-spirited. You are advised to please heed the Wizard's warning on this thread and avoid statements with animus (hostility or ill-feeling) towards any group of people as well as towards people who simply disagree with you.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
LuckyPhow
LuckyPhow
  • Threads: 55
January 23rd, 2022 at 3:55:55 PM permalink
Ummm... perhaps this is a good time to have a polite discussion concerning Nevada's 85.4 percent Covid positivity rate. (USA = 30.2 percent.)

Will data like this affect the area's convention business? If travelers return to the office sick, possible participants may want to skip attending. Perhaps we'll see effects outside Nevada, where Covid spikes could be traced back to the home towns of visitors. Or, not. Football games seem not to spread very much. Has your favorite LV store closed? Other businesses?

Over 85 percent positive means that the employees get no escape. A friend went to the Biloxi Beau Rivage over Thanksgiving, and reported the hotel had to cap rooms at 60 percent. The hotel could not maintain sufficient staff available to service more. Having to do more without full staffing creates stress. How are local residents accepting the current Covid levels? Teachers? Health professionals?
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
January 23rd, 2022 at 4:14:35 PM permalink
Quote: LuckyPhow

Ummm... perhaps this is a good time to have a polite discussion concerning Nevada's 85.4 percent Covid positivity rate. (USA = 30.2 percent.)

Will data like this affect the area's convention business? If travelers return to the office sick, possible participants may want to skip attending. Perhaps we'll see effects outside Nevada, where Covid spikes could be traced back to the home towns of visitors. Or, not. Football games seem not to spread very much. Has your favorite LV store closed? Other businesses?

Over 85 percent positive means that the employees get no escape. A friend went to the Biloxi Beau Rivage over Thanksgiving, and reported the hotel had to cap rooms at 60 percent. The hotel could not maintain sufficient staff available to service more. Having to do more without full staffing creates stress. How are local residents accepting the current Covid levels? Teachers? Health professionals?
link to original post

I imagine the staffing issue is two pronged like it is almost anywhere else now for below median income jobs. Partly staff out with covid wave, partly a disconnect between wages offered and amount of people willing to work for that wage.

Getting into all the contributing factors for the latter would be getting too political, but I believe most employers aren’t acknowledging the combination of recently retired and declining birth rate means that’s unlikely to go away soon. Tried to stop at Jimmy John’s near a hospital and business center today and they’re entirely closed on weekends now until further notice due to staffing. Employees getting overworked because of lack of coworkers means they’re also more likely to quit...especially when there’s other jobs available promising greener pastures whether it’s true or not.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
January 23rd, 2022 at 6:50:42 PM permalink
I thought we'd get lockdowns at a 5% positivity rate. It's not March 2020 anymore. It's 22 months on.

There is now a growing consensus that driving the test positivity rate downwards of 3% should be a priority. The WHO initially suggested a positivity rate of around 3–12% as a general benchmark of adequate testing, and has most recently recommended that test positivity should remain at 5% or lower for 14 days before regions reopen.
https://globalhealth.harvard.edu/evidence-roundup-why-positive-test-rates-need-to-fall-below-3/

States ranked by COVID-19 test positivity rates: Jan. 21 (None below 10%, many above 50% up to 100%)
https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/states-ranked-by-covid-19-test-positivity-rates-july-14.html
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
January 23rd, 2022 at 6:50:49 PM permalink
It's 2020, too.
DeMango
DeMango
January 24th, 2022 at 3:40:08 AM permalink
Missed the location , where was there 52,000 infected and one death, maybe? it's over Chump. Throw away the masks, end the mandates, it's over. Anything else is just politics
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
January 24th, 2022 at 4:08:08 AM permalink
In the United States, there were 523,246 newly reported COVID-19 cases and 3,362 newly reported COVID-19 deaths on Jan 21, 2022
https://usafacts.org/visualizations/coronavirus-covid-19-spread-map/

Maybe somebody could ride around on city busses during rush hour and see if they are packed, or empty because of the pandemic.

TSA makes it clear on their website that Americans can be removed or suspended from the service "if you commit certain violations of federal security regulations, such as refusal to wear a mask in U.S. transportation systems covered by the January 31, 2021 Security Directive and subsequent amendments, assault, threat, intimidation, or interference with flight crew, physical or sexual assault or threat of physical or sexual assault of any individual on an aircraft, interference with security operations, access control violations, providing false or fraudulent documents, making a bomb threat, or bringing a firearm, explosive, or other prohibited item to an airport or onboard an aircraft, you are denied expedited screening for a period of time."
Last edited by: ChumpChange on Jan 24, 2022
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
rawtuff
January 24th, 2022 at 6:36:07 AM permalink
Only 3362 deaths for the day? This thing is so over. When will Mericans stop listening to the so-called experts and start getting their covid info here. There was no reason for the roughly 100,000 people who died last month to have even gotten sick. Don't they know this thing is over?
  • Jump to: