FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 119
April 18th, 2019 at 9:44:03 AM permalink
I know some of this stuff, but I donít feel like itís my place to share.

The story is not nefarious at all. Iíll say that.
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
  • Threads: 99
April 18th, 2019 at 12:18:12 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

Iím not sure if this has been mentioned, but the reason he is making so much per episode is because heís a professional gambler.

The money doesnít affect him like it affects other contestants

I hate to say this, Fin, but you are absolutely correct! When you're right, I'll give you credit where credit is due. The fact that he does not have fear in wagering allows him to take large risks where others are more apprehensive.

Fear is a crippling emotion in many facets of Life. Of course there is rational fear and irrational fear, however the sphere allows people to take greater risk and action in life. The more confidence and security you have with yourself, the less fear you have.

The best part of watching him on Jeopardy is when he motions his hands 'all In' when wagering large... Like he is pushing in all of his chips at the table. The other thing I like about him is that he labels himself a 'sports bettor', as he knows if he were to label himself as a gambler that it has a negative connotation and may not be as well received. By the public.... but he sur is helping the gambling Community by taking away the stigma of being a gambler.

Go James!!
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 13
April 18th, 2019 at 12:30:37 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Quote: beachbumbabs

My biggest question about him is, what took him so long to get on Jeopardy?

Took that long to get an insider on the questions?

I'm sorry, anyone "too good" reminds me of the phrase "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is."

But to explain, I'm always suspicious of long term gamblers more than anyone else, because as some people already know, many are looking for an edge every day. They're looking for a faulty promotion, catching flaws like hole carding, etc.,

I'm not saying he's doing anything illegal.

One possibility is that he knew his talent was good enough to do well, but he also knew he had only one shot. So even after he was good enough to get on, he instead spent years practicing and developing his strategy until he was truly ready to unleash it
EdCollins
EdCollins
  • Threads: 14
April 18th, 2019 at 12:43:44 PM permalink
Quote: WatchMeWin

The other thing I like about him is that he labels himself a 'sports bettor', as he knows if he were to label himself as a gambler that it has a negative connotation and may not be as well received.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he is introduced on each show as a "professional gambler from Las Vegas."

He probably IS a sports bettor, but that's not the label the show gives him... and the show lets each contestant decide how they are introduced.
EdCollins
EdCollins
  • Threads: 14
April 18th, 2019 at 12:44:39 PM permalink
I haven't had this much fun watching Jeopardy since... well since Ken Jennings was playing.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 159
April 18th, 2019 at 1:06:16 PM permalink
Quote: TomG

One possibility is that he knew his talent was good enough to do well, but he also knew he had only one shot. So even after he was good enough to get on, he instead spent years practicing and developing his strategy until he was truly ready to unleash it

I couldn't find anything I considered definitive on the development of reflexes or decline, but age 34 is probably within the good window.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
April 18th, 2019 at 1:58:12 PM permalink
Quote: EdCollins

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he is introduced on each show as a "professional gambler from Las Vegas."

He probably IS a sports bettor, but that's not the label the show gives him... and the show lets each contestant decide how they are introduced.

Im not sure. Im pretty sure I heard Alex call him a professional sports bettor. We will find out tonight...
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
April 18th, 2019 at 2:04:49 PM permalink
Quote: TomG

After watching and studying his mannerism and answers, there's only one possible conclusion... He has an AI microchip in his ear feeding him the answers.

One question I have.... with his extraordinary intelligence and talent, why didn't he choose to do something good for society. Guess thats too boring..
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 15
Thanks for this post from:
FinsRuleRS
April 18th, 2019 at 2:13:03 PM permalink
Quote: WatchMeWin

One question I have.... with his extraordinary intelligence and talent, why didn't he choose to do something good for society. Guess thats too boring..

Nonsense chain of thought. People spend less than 1/3 of their time at work. Probably has more time and freedom to do things that have value to society if he chooses than if he was working 60 hours a week for someone else, achieving someone elseís objectives.
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
April 18th, 2019 at 2:22:35 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Nonsense chain of thought. People spend less than 1/3 of their time at work. Probably has more time and freedom to do things that have value to society if he chooses than if he was working 60 hours a week for someone else, achieving someone elseís objectives.

If you say so...

• Jump to: