Thread Rating:

Poll

5 votes (38.46%)
1 vote (7.69%)
1 vote (7.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (7.69%)
2 votes (15.38%)
7 votes (53.84%)
3 votes (23.07%)
3 votes (23.07%)
3 votes (23.07%)

13 members have voted

EdCollins
EdCollins
  • Threads: 20
  • Posts: 1739
Joined: Oct 21, 2011
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
September 10th, 2019 at 8:37:45 PM permalink
I SO much enjoyed going to the taping and watching Babs compete. In fact, I have tickets again, for another taping in early October.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1497
  • Posts: 26671
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
September 10th, 2019 at 9:30:28 PM permalink
Quote: michael99000

I was lucky enough to attend a taping of Tic Tac Dough and it was anything but boring. I enjoyed it.



I tried out for that show and didn't pass the written test.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 101
  • Posts: 14268
Joined: May 21, 2013
Thanked by
mcallister3200IndyJeffreygamerfreakunJonodiousgambitCrystalMathJoemanAyecarumbaHugoSlaviacharliepatrickPokerGrinderJohnzimboChesterDogGialmereAxelWolfHunterhillscolistHullabalooBozSkittleCar1Aussiegordonm888OnceDear
September 10th, 2019 at 10:39:36 PM permalink
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
IndyJeffrey
IndyJeffrey
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 441
Joined: Feb 10, 2013
September 11th, 2019 at 3:02:28 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I tried out for that show and didn't pass the written test.



Knowing what I perceive about Tic Tac Dough and knowing what I perceive about Wiz' intelligence -- this does not compute in my head.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1497
  • Posts: 26671
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
September 11th, 2019 at 6:56:33 AM permalink
Quote: IndyJeffrey

Knowing what I perceive about Tic Tac Dough and knowing what I perceive about Wiz' intelligence -- this does not compute in my head.



Thanks for the compliment. I was in my early 20's at the time is my excuse.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1497
  • Posts: 26671
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
September 11th, 2019 at 6:57:26 AM permalink
Nice picture of you Barb! Alex doesn't look quite ready.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 89
  • Posts: 12000
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
September 11th, 2019 at 7:40:07 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Sort of true, sort of not true. My apologies. You were not excluded on purpose. I was told I could bring x number of audience members. Those spots went immediately. Other people reserved tickets online. Others took their chances, and I was able to get a couple more in just before the taping. But nobody was NOT invited from this forum. And everyone was invited to go out after that taping day in LA, many did, some didn't.

I thought I asked a couple times, but didn't know you were interested. Again, sorry you felt excluded.



Do not apologize, I was joking. I would not have went, but I am looking forward to the 18th to see you on the show.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
  • Posts: 2426
Joined: Feb 21, 2014
September 11th, 2019 at 11:15:57 AM permalink
Quote: michael99000

I was lucky enough to attend a taping of Tic Tac Dough and it was anything but boring. I enjoyed it.

I loved that show. A few years ago, out of wanting to increase my MS Excel graphics skillz, but mostly out of boredom, I created the TTD bonus game in Excel. Had the dragon and everything!
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 2113
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
Thanked by
Forager
September 11th, 2019 at 11:22:41 AM permalink
Quote: Joeman

I loved that show. A few years ago, out of wanting to increase my MS Excel graphics skillz, but mostly out of boredom, I created the TTD bonus game in Excel. Had the dragon and everything!



I remember watching that and Jokers Wild back to back every morning on the USA network. Also loved Scrabble and Card Sharks

For one or two seasons Tic Tac Dough had the special category in a red box called Seesaw. The question would have multiple answers and the contestants went back and forth giving them until one couldnít give an answer.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 6599
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
September 11th, 2019 at 12:24:52 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Don't worry, I'm certain the taping
of a TV game show is even more
boring than watching it on TV. You
didn't miss anything. I went to the
set of a TV show taping when I
lived in Calif, fell asleep 3 times.
Was an extra in a movie in Santa
Barbara, most boring three days
of my life.



Ugh, I hate to semi-agree with EB, but in 2013 I went to a taping of Wheel of Fortune in Vegas when they were filming some episodes at the Venetian. It was quite boring. They filmed three episodes in the morning and two in the evening that day. I was there for the two in the evening. Lots of people got up and left after the first episode was finished so I got a better seat for the 2nd episode.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28986
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
September 11th, 2019 at 12:50:52 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Ugh, I hate to semi-agree with EB, but in 2013 I went to a taping of Wheel of Fortune in Vegas when they were filming some episodes at the Venetian. It was quite boring



Try being an extra is a movie. Talk
about boring. Making a movie is
the exact opposite of what you see
on screen. Every scene takes forever
to set up and shoot. Hours sometimes,
and you stand around doing nothing.
The stars get trailers to sit in, we
just stood around on the lot.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
  • Posts: 2549
Joined: Aug 18, 2014
September 11th, 2019 at 1:00:00 PM permalink
The Jeopardy taping was fun. I've never really had any desire to see a show taping, but I've been watching Jeopardy since I was a kid and enjoy the show. That's probably the main thing. If you like/dislike the show on TV, the same will apply in person.

So I'd probably kill myself half way through a taping of Big Bang Theory but would have enjoyed a taping of The Simpsons during its peak.

I was never an extra but worked on a movie and have an IMDB credit. Also, my mom was a location scout. It's a good case of something that is what you make of it. You get great food and a lot of downtime. You can read a book, meet new people, or be a sour puss.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 101
  • Posts: 14268
Joined: May 21, 2013
Thanked by
Ayecarumbacharliepatrick
September 11th, 2019 at 8:34:35 PM permalink
Discussion of boredom, G-d, and miscellaneous comments split to here as requested.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
avianrandy
avianrandy
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 1648
Joined: Mar 7, 2010
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
September 12th, 2019 at 5:40:08 AM permalink
Their was actually a couple deifferent versions of that show It was on originally from 1956-1959 with hosts among others Jack Barry,Gene Rayburn and Bill Wendell. In later years, Wink Martindale and Jim Cladwell hosted. They had a champion at one time kind of like James Holzhauer who won on 45 consecutive shows and won $312,750. I believe he was air force if I recall correctly. he made an error in strategy and failed to see a block and his opponent correctly answered the question and defeated him. He didn't miss many questions. Most of this information is from the encyclopedia of tv game shows.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1497
  • Posts: 26671
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
September 12th, 2019 at 6:18:30 AM permalink
Did anyone else think of Nathan yesterday when a clue mentioned "sacre bleu"?
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
Thanked by
PokerGrinderrsactuary
September 12th, 2019 at 7:54:47 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Did anyone else think of Nathan yesterday when a clue mentioned "sacre bleu"?



No one ever thinks about nathan
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28986
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
September 15th, 2019 at 8:37:02 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

No one ever thinks about nathan



Lots of Jeopardy eps on Youtube, who
will tape it and upload the Wed show.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 101
  • Posts: 14268
Joined: May 21, 2013
Thanked by
PokerGrinderBozcharliepatrickEvenBobrdw4potus
September 16th, 2019 at 12:58:14 PM permalink
This week's contestants.

https://www.jeopardy.com/contestant-zone
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
  • Posts: 5701
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
September 16th, 2019 at 1:19:45 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

This week's contestants.

https://www.jeopardy.com/contestant-zone



Canít wait to watch. And you look happy, Great picture!
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 89
  • Posts: 12000
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
September 16th, 2019 at 2:10:48 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

This week's contestants.

https://www.jeopardy.com/contestant-zone



Thank you for posting that. I forgot that it was this Wednesday that you are on. I already have the TV set to record all the shows this week.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
  • Posts: 3540
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
September 16th, 2019 at 2:39:01 PM permalink
Babs, for your show(s) you should post or at least read a bit on https://www.reddit.com/r/Jeopardy/

Itís a very active jeopardy community, and a surprising number of contestants show up every week. Youíll get a bunch of questions/comments about your episode(s).
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
September 16th, 2019 at 2:44:30 PM permalink
I see there is an 11 day champ. At what point do we need to pay attention to that..
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28986
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
September 16th, 2019 at 3:19:59 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I see there is an 11 day champ. At what point do we need to pay attention to that..



I'm betting he wins way more than 11.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1497
  • Posts: 26671
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
September 16th, 2019 at 3:27:06 PM permalink
I met Laura Majors, who is on today, after her first* game. I'll speak more about it after the show.

* Perhaps first of many, perhaps first of one.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
  • Posts: 5701
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
September 16th, 2019 at 3:34:55 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I'm betting he wins way more than 11.



How much?
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
September 16th, 2019 at 3:49:01 PM permalink
notes from jeopardy fan about todays game

"There are many cases in games such as this one where the showís editors will clip contestantís phrasing, as thereís no other way to fit the played number of clues into time. Rest assured that every response in this game was phrased properly; comments suggesting otherwise will be considered out-of-order and deleted."

I am unable to watch it today, how well can they just edit out parts of sentences?
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 101
  • Posts: 14268
Joined: May 21, 2013
Thanked by
Boz
September 16th, 2019 at 5:45:33 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

notes from jeopardy fan about todays game

"There are many cases in games such as this one where the showís editors will clip contestantís phrasing, as thereís no other way to fit the played number of clues into time. Rest assured that every response in this game was phrased properly; comments suggesting otherwise will be considered out-of-order and deleted."

I am unable to watch it today, how well can they just edit out parts of sentences?



They can do anything they want. I'm going to be interested to see the edit I get. We've had a couple discussions since the taping. More on that later.

I was surprised, based on the pace of the game, that they didn't finish it. But they did take some fog time here and there that lost them a couple clues in Double Jeopardy, even though it was edited out.

Wiz will have more to say about this, but from my side-view, the WoV contingent got up to take a break, and Laura and her family moved in on their seats. I thought that was a bit strange/rude, since those seats had obviously been occupied, but I was not allowed to interact with anybody and keep it from happening. I guess it got sorted out, but Mike will probably have more to tell.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
September 16th, 2019 at 6:27:58 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

They can do anything they want. I'm going to be interested to see the edit I get. We've had a couple discussions since the taping. More on that later.

I was surprised, based on the pace of the game, that they didn't finish it. But they did take some fog time here and there that lost them a couple clues in Double Jeopardy, even though it was edited out.

Wiz will have more to say about this, but from my side-view, the WoV contingent got up to take a break, and Laura and her family moved in on their seats. I thought that was a bit strange/rude, since those seats had obviously been occupied, but I was not allowed to interact with anybody and keep it from happening. I guess it got sorted out, but Mike will probably have more to tell.



you have had discussions with other people or the jeopardy people?

I have been trying to not ask you questions until the taping but it is getting hard. Did you get to watch the shows prior to your taping or were you sequestered? If sequestered what did you do for those hours? Were you with other contestants?
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1497
  • Posts: 26671
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
September 16th, 2019 at 6:57:05 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Wiz will have more to say about this, but from my side-view, the WoV contingent got up to take a break, and Laura and her family moved in on their seats. I thought that was a bit strange/rude, since those seats had obviously been occupied, but I was not allowed to interact with anybody and keep it from happening. I guess it got sorted out, but Mike will probably have more to tell.



Yes I will. I'll wait an hour or so for that show to be officially over.

In other news, I just watched Friday's show (I record them). Here was Final Jeopardy, and I'm paraphrasing, "This was the last presidential year when both major party candidates were from the same state. "
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
  • Posts: 22296
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
September 16th, 2019 at 7:43:52 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

They can do anything they want. I'm going to be interested to see the edit I get. We've had a couple discussions since the taping. More on that later.

I was surprised, based on the pace of the game, that they didn't finish it. But they did take some fog time here and there that lost them a couple clues in Double Jeopardy, even though it was edited out.

Wiz will have more to say about this, but from my side-view, the WoV contingent got up to take a break, and Laura and her family moved in on their seats. I thought that was a bit strange/rude, since those seats had obviously been occupied, but I was not allowed to interact with anybody and keep it from happening. I guess it got sorted out, but Mike will probably have more to tell.

I got front row and center away from all the peasants.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
Aussie
Aussie
  • Threads: 12
  • Posts: 415
Joined: Dec 29, 2009
September 16th, 2019 at 8:27:58 PM permalink
Is there a site where this is likely to uploaded? Would prefer to watch elsewhere first rather than come in here for a link after the fact and have no way of avoiding seeing the resulting discussion.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 101
  • Posts: 14268
Joined: May 21, 2013
September 16th, 2019 at 9:41:22 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

you have had discussions with other people or the jeopardy people?

I have been trying to not ask you questions until the taping but it is getting hard. Did you get to watch the shows prior to your taping or were you sequestered? If sequestered what did you do for those hours? Were you with other contestants?



I had discussions with the Jeopardy people about something that happened. We'll see what they did if anything. I haven't seen any replays ahead of airing.

I was in the audience for today's and tomorrow's tapings. Then at the end of tomorrow's taping, they said, you're up. That's how much notice I had. I went backstage with an escort, got a quick touch up, was allowed to pee by myself, and then escorted on stage. The champion said something to me as they were also back there changing clothes, the makeup person said something, nobody else was allowed to talk to me.

Once on stage, they hung a mic on me, had me stand still and smile at the camera because I was at podium 2 and they cheat the opening, asked us if we were ready, and started the music and the part you see.

The cheat is that the camera focuses on podium 1 while they intro the person on the end. Then they show the cheat footage from podium 2 and intro me while the camera guy swings to podium 3. Then they show the champ live in a steady shot. Then they change cameras to show Alex entering. And it goes from there.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 101
  • Posts: 14268
Joined: May 21, 2013
Thanked by
Aussie
September 16th, 2019 at 9:44:25 PM permalink
Quote: Aussie

Is there a site where this is likely to uploaded? Would prefer to watch elsewhere first rather than come in here for a link after the fact and have no way of avoiding seeing the resulting discussion.



They protect their show, make people take it down from YouTube and other places. But there's always a way, I think.

Anybody that gets a link, could you PM it to Aussie, please?
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28986
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
Thanked by
AxelWolf
September 17th, 2019 at 12:25:46 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

They protect their show, make people take it down from YouTube and other places. But there's always a way, I think.

Anybody that gets a link, could you PM it to Aussie, please?



Just upload it to a Youtrube account,
make it a private video, and give the
link to who you want.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
charliepatrick
charliepatrick
  • Threads: 39
  • Posts: 2972
Joined: Jun 17, 2011
September 17th, 2019 at 6:32:39 AM permalink
PM sent about Monday's show, Tuesday's hasn't appeared yet (14h20 UK time). I sometimes used president eisenhower during Holzhauer's run (also see https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7l9688 and https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/questions-and-answers/casual-corner/32828-james-holzhauer-on-jeopardy/28/#post720085 for another idea).
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
  • Posts: 11125
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
Thanked by
Forager
September 17th, 2019 at 7:01:54 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Why. You mock it and say it's
a joke. It's not a system, it's
a method. As I've been saying
for over 13 years.




Bob, you may not care, but you do understand that there is not a single member here, past or present, that believes you have found a "METHOD" to beat roulette? That you are mocked repeatedly by forum members throughout the years because of your belief in a way to beat roulette?
You are lauded for your food pictures, though.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
  • Posts: 11125
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
September 17th, 2019 at 7:03:16 AM permalink
Un-derailing thread.... BBB, are you having a viewing party tomorrow night?
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 6599
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
September 17th, 2019 at 7:33:47 AM permalink
Some bad news:

Alex Trebek back in chemotherapy after 'numbers went sky high'

Quote:

"I lost about 12 pounds in a week," Trebek said. "And my numbers went sky high, much higher than they were when I was first diagnosed. So, the doctors have decided that I have to undergo chemo again, and that's what I'm doing."



Hoping for the best for him...
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 101
  • Posts: 14268
Joined: May 21, 2013
September 17th, 2019 at 8:11:57 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Un-derailing thread.... BBB, are you having a viewing party tomorrow night?



Yes, having 6-8 people over for food, booze, and viewing. Serving ham.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 89
  • Posts: 12000
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
September 17th, 2019 at 8:17:34 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Yes, having 6-8 people over for food, booze, and viewing. Serving ham.



Ham, no Jewish friends?
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 101
  • Posts: 14268
Joined: May 21, 2013
September 17th, 2019 at 8:24:19 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Ham, no Jewish friends?



3 Jewish friends, but they eat ham. I checked. Also serving baked scallop cakes on the half-shell, which they don't eat, but it's a grazing type of meal. There's also turkey, salami, 4 cheeses, celery, carrots, 3 kinds of olives, 2 kinds of peppers, 3 kinds of pickles, pita, chips, fresh baked rolls, salsa, guac, hummus, cucumbers, tomatoes, spinach-artichoke dip, cole slaw. I don't think anyone will go hungry.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 26
  • Posts: 5062
Joined: Apr 30, 2015
September 17th, 2019 at 8:54:40 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

3 Jewish friends, but they eat ham. I checked. Also serving baked scallop cakes on the half-shell, which they don't eat, but it's a grazing type of meal. There's also turkey, salami, 4 cheeses, celery, carrots, 3 kinds of olives, 2 kinds of peppers, 3 kinds of pickles, pita, chips, fresh baked rolls, salsa, guac, hummus, cucumbers, tomatoes, spinach-artichoke dip, cole slaw. I don't think anyone will go hungry.


What time should this Jewish friend be there for the ham?
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. ó Amarillo Slim Preston
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
  • Posts: 2426
Joined: Feb 21, 2014
September 17th, 2019 at 8:54:44 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

3 Jewish friends, but they eat ham. I checked. Also serving baked scallop cakes on the half-shell, which they don't eat, but it's a grazing type of meal. There's also turkey, salami, 4 cheeses, celery, carrots, 3 kinds of olives, 2 kinds of peppers, 3 kinds of pickles, pita, chips, fresh baked rolls, salsa, guac, hummus, cucumbers, tomatoes, spinach-artichoke dip, cole slaw. I don't think anyone will go hungry.

Sounds like a feast! What time should I show up? :)

Scallop cakes sound delicious. Do you catch your own scallops?
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 101
  • Posts: 14268
Joined: May 21, 2013
Thanked by
PokerGrinder
September 17th, 2019 at 9:21:28 AM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

What time should this Jewish friend be there for the ham?



If you show up tomorrow, not only will I feed you, there is a spare bedroom all made up.

Edit: you too, Joeman.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 101
  • Posts: 14268
Joined: May 21, 2013
Thanked by
Joeman
September 17th, 2019 at 9:29:54 AM permalink
Quote: Joeman

Sounds like a feast! What time should I show up? :)

Scallop cakes sound delicious. Do you catch your own scallops?



You're welcome too, Joeman. Since you live in Florida...

Publix sells them pre-made and frozen in 4oz servings, on their shell. They are incredible. All you have to do is put them in the oven. I make a garlic/lemon drawn butter sauce for them. Last week they put them on sale for 1.00 each. They are a steal at that - a restaurant would serve them for $20-30 for two. Regular is like $1.79, so still a great price for a fancy home dinner. $4/lb is amazing pricing. I don't know how they can afford to sell for that, but they do it 2-3X a year.

They do the same thing with clams, usually same price, but clams are a bit too fishy for me. Scallops are just creamy sweet goodness. Both are in their fresh seafood department.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
  • Posts: 2426
Joined: Feb 21, 2014
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
September 17th, 2019 at 10:01:45 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

You're welcome too, Joeman. Since you live in Florida...

Publix sells them pre-made and frozen in 4oz servings, on their shell. They are incredible. All you have to do is put them in the oven. I make a garlic/lemon drawn butter sauce for them. Last week they put them on sale for 1.00 each. They are a steal at that - a restaurant would serve them for $20-30 for two. Regular is like $1.79, so still a great price for a fancy home dinner. $4/lb is amazing pricing. I don't know how they can afford to sell for that, but they do it 2-3X a year.

They do the same thing with clams, usually same price, but clams are a bit too fishy for me. Scallops are just creamy sweet goodness. Both are in their fresh seafood department.

Thanks for the generous offer, Babs, but I think that would be too far a drive on a school night! Besides, I don't think I would want to have to share a bed with PG! :)
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28986
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
September 17th, 2019 at 10:29:06 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Also serving baked scallop cakes on the half-shell, which they don't eat,



Gotta love the ridiculous superstitions
of organized religions. Welcome to
the 8th century..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28986
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
September 17th, 2019 at 10:33:56 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Bob, you may not care, but you do understand that there is not a single member here, past or present, that believes you have found a "METHOD" to beat roulette?



That has what to do with reality,
exactly. I don't get it. Tons of
people believe in a god that
doesn't exist. Back in the mid
19th century science believed
if the human body went over
60 mph it would disintegrate.
Belief has nothing to do with
anything. Who derailed this
thread, it wasn't me.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 26
  • Posts: 5062
Joined: Apr 30, 2015
September 17th, 2019 at 10:42:05 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Gotta love the ridiculous superstitions
of organized religions. Welcome to
the 8th century..


Itís not a superstition, back in the day shellfish were deemed dirty and therefore not kosher. Now shellfish can be cleaned properly but itís still a no go zone for Jews that keep kosher.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. ó Amarillo Slim Preston
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28986
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
September 17th, 2019 at 11:05:24 AM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

Itís not a superstition



Sure it is. People were sickened by
improperly cooked pork and
shellfish, so they blamed the pork
and shellfish and not themselves
for improper cooking. It's exactly
how all superstitions are born, lack
of knowledge and jumping to
conclusions. Some god must not
want us to eat these things so
we'll make it a part of our religion.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
  • Jump to: