EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 421
  • Posts: 23261
September 10th, 2019 at 7:56:55 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Definitely not true. Some of us were not invited.



Don't worry, I'm certain the taping
of a TV game show is even more
boring than watching it on TV. You
didn't miss anything. I went to the
set of a TV show taping when I
lived in Calif, fell asleep 3 times.
Was an extra in a movie in Santa
Barbara, most boring three days
of my life.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
Joined: Apr 30, 2015
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 3451
Thanks for this post from:
ForagerJohnzimborxwinegamerfreakRSAussiersactuaryCrystalMath
September 11th, 2019 at 9:02:49 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Don't worry, I'm certain the taping
of a TV game show is even more
boring than watching it on TV. You
didn't miss anything. I went to the
set of a TV show taping when I
lived in Calif, fell asleep 3 times.
Was an extra in a movie in Santa
Barbara, most boring three days
of my life.


You must hate puppies and sunrises, my G-d it must be horrible to be you bob. I canít imagine being that miserable.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. ó Amarillo Slim Preston
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 421
  • Posts: 23261
September 11th, 2019 at 10:29:35 AM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

my G-d it must be horrible to be you bob. I canít imagine being that miserable.



I'never miserable, in fact I'm very
happy 99% of the time because
I'm always doing exactly what
I want to be doing. Here's a
clue: If you want to be happy,
avoid all the things you hate
doing. Just do the things that
you like to do. You're welcome..

Why did you leave the 'o' out of 'god',
what are you afraid of. How odd.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
Joined: Apr 30, 2015
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 3451
September 11th, 2019 at 10:39:12 AM permalink
Itís a religious thing that stuck with me from when I was a kid. Iím agnostic but Jewish people donít write G-dís name because eventually the paper or whatever will be thrown out. Itís a respect thing that has stuck with me even though I donít believe in G-d.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. ó Amarillo Slim Preston
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 421
  • Posts: 23261
September 11th, 2019 at 11:03:36 AM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

Itís a religious thing that stuck with me from when I was a kid. Iím agnostic but Jewish people donít write G-dís name because eventually the paper or whatever will be thrown out.



So you leave the 'o' out so the
god you don't believe in won't
be pissed off. It's respect for
something that don't believe
exists. Okay Doaky, whatever
you say..
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 131
  • Posts: 16741
September 11th, 2019 at 11:12:55 AM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

Itís a religious thing that stuck with me from when I was a kid. Iím agnostic but Jewish people donít write G-dís name because eventually the paper or whatever will be thrown out. Itís a respect thing that has stuck with me even though I donít believe in G-d.

I guess not all those religious things taught to you as a kid stuck very well. Oh wait, I guess some of those things are taught to you up close and personal by the leaders. Okay, just kidding.


I'm somewhat the same way as you when it comes to certain religious things I was taught as a kid sticking with me even though I don't believe in God and I'm not into religion. The church was a huge part of my life as a kid.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
rxwine
rxwine
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
  • Threads: 158
  • Posts: 9002
Thanks for this post from:
PokerGrinderForagerCrystalMathJohnzimboSOOPOOHullabalooRSrsactuaryOnceDearrdw4potus
September 11th, 2019 at 11:59:19 AM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

You must hate puppies and sunrises, my G-d it must be horrible to be you bob. I canít imagine being that miserable.



I think I figured it out. Unlike most people, Evenbob has to join nearly every discussion to tell us he doesn't like something someone is talking about, or is bored with it, or he tried it once in 1970 and never again.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
Joined: Apr 30, 2015
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 3451
September 11th, 2019 at 12:08:33 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

I guess not all those religious things taught to you as a kid stuck very well. Oh wait, I guess some of those things are taught to you up close and personal by the leaders. Okay, just kidding.


I'm somewhat the same way as you when it comes to certain religious things I was taught as a kid sticking with me even though I don't believe in God and I'm not into religion. The church was a huge part of my life as a kid.


Pretty much the same with me. I went to synagogue until I was about 14 and I had a bar mitzvah. I donít believe in G-d and I havenít been to a synagogue outside of a funeral in well over 10 years but some things have stuck with me.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. ó Amarillo Slim Preston
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 421
  • Posts: 23261
September 11th, 2019 at 12:47:38 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I think I figured it out. Unlike most people, Evenbob has to join nearly every discussion



I delete 99% of the threads here
without reading them. I'm active
in maybe a dozen, that's it. Is
that 'every discussion' in the
vastness of your opinion?
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 421
  • Posts: 23261
September 11th, 2019 at 1:04:36 PM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux


So I'd probably kill myself half way through a taping of Big Bang Theory



You and me both. I can't watch that
show, the humor is weak and
soooo repetitive. How stupid can
we make these really smart guys
look this week, the writers say.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal

  • Jump to: