13 members have voted

FCBLComish
FCBLComish
  • Threads: 3
Thanks for this post from:
beachbumbabs
April 24th, 2019 at 1:19:59 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Congratulations BBB! We are all very excited for you! Thanks for taking us along with you via your posts.

hehe... Maybe the lack of travel expenses is due to budget adjustments caused by James H's current run.

Actually, lucky you did not get the updated text.

That one says you are responsible for your own expenses, have to bring your own buzzer. Bottled water will be available at $10 per bottle, and Alex Trebek will gladly chat with you for an extra $100.

They have to make the money back somehow.
Beware, I work for the dark side.... We have cookies
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
April 24th, 2019 at 2:53:51 PM permalink
wait so if you are asked to go to LA you are still NOT guaranteed to get on the show. I would be soooo pissed if i was told to come to LA and then I still didnt get on. They film 5 shows a day so 10 people are needed. I wonder if you are told to be there on Monday. If you don't get on Monday do you get to stay for Tuesday or are you SOL. I knew you had to pay to get there and such but I assumed once you are invited you would be at least getting 1k so trip should be paid for.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
FCBLComish
FCBLComish
  • Threads: 3
April 24th, 2019 at 3:34:12 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

wait so if you are asked to go to LA you are still NOT guaranteed to get on the show. I would be soooo pissed if i was told to come to LA and then I still didnt get on. They film 5 shows a day so 10 people are needed. I wonder if you are told to be there on Monday. If you don't get on Monday do you get to stay for Tuesday or are you SOL. I knew you had to pay to get there and such but I assumed once you are invited you would be at least getting 1k so trip should be paid for.

They don't want to guarantee you will be on the show for many reasons. There may be a problem with the show that was taped that prevented it from being used. They may determine that one contestant was too douchy to put on TV. They may look at you when you arrive and decide not to use you for whatever reason. They may have already put on 4 female body builders and are looking for some diversity. There may be a fire in the studio that precludes taping that day.

They want to make sure that you are fully aware that making the trip does not guarantee anything.
Beware, I work for the dark side.... We have cookies
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
April 24th, 2019 at 4:29:44 PM permalink
I would be saddest if the Final Jeopardy resulted in a tie, leaving only one spot open the next "day". That would be bad luck.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
SkittleCar1
SkittleCar1
  • Threads: 14
April 24th, 2019 at 5:39:22 PM permalink

I would be saddest if the Final Jeopardy resulted in a tie, leaving only one spot open the next "day". That would be bad luck.

They have a tie breaker clue now.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
April 25th, 2019 at 9:08:08 AM permalink
Quote: SkittleCar1

They have a tie breaker clue now.

How does that work? First to buzz in, or do they wager again?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
Ayecarumba
April 25th, 2019 at 9:10:41 AM permalink

How does that work? First to buzz in, or do they wager again?

Here's a video of the first time it happened after the new rule.

https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/81fbmd/final_jeopardy_ended_in_a_tie_last_night_and_we/
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
unJoncharliepatrickGialmereGWAE
May 8th, 2019 at 4:31:58 AM permalink
So. Today is audition day. Trying to wake up enough to get my act together and take it on the road. Lol.

I've been doing an hour or two of trivia games and looking up odd facts and categories each day in preparation. Yesterday, I took Mom and we went for haircuts and mani-pedis. I figure it's a tv show, I should look my best, and it's almost Mom's birthday, so I treated as an early present.

Otherwise, I figure it's what you know at this point that will either get you past the 2nd test or not. So I got a good night's sleep, and hope to show up with a sparkle in my eye and a smile on my face.

It's about 3 hours south to the audition. Setting out pretty soon, plan to be early. Got my letter and forms in hand. They ask a lot of questions about who you know that might have been on tv, when you were ever on any show, have you ever been convicted of a felony, the usual questions. Lol.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1317
May 8th, 2019 at 6:42:48 AM permalink
Thanks for the update and I look forward to the next one. My advice, having never made it on a TV game show (so what do I know?) is to be yourself and have fun with it.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 37
May 8th, 2019 at 7:06:53 AM permalink
You got this babs. Remember, you'll be the AP in the room. Break a leg.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.

• Jump to: