Thread Rating:

Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
Thanked by
wellwellwellSanchoPanzaRS
June 20th, 2019 at 7:19:55 AM permalink
Should we post the radar with all the storms that came through the area that afternoon and evening?

While they did have viewing screens for the overflow crowd, most of them did leave when the bad weather came to watch it at home on CNN.

Oh wait, CNN cut away when the crowd started chanting "CNN SUCKS".

No defense for the trash left over, but it's nothing like the junkies and homeless that "Occupied". Remember those losers? Probably productive members of society by now. And if you believe that I have a Bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. Yes, I bought it off Terps yesterday.

As for Colbert, another liberal POS that thinks he is better than You and I, and knows what is best for us. May he slip and fall in a puddle of Aids!
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
June 20th, 2019 at 7:54:25 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

Should we post the radar with all the storms that came through the area that afternoon and evening?

LOL
Pretty much normal weather yesterday
Its gonna rain today
Its going to rain tomorrow
Its the tropics and we are in the rainy season
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
terapined
terapined
Thanked by
Aussie
June 20th, 2019 at 8:28:31 AM permalink

As for Colbert, another liberal POS that thinks he is better than You and I, and knows what is best for us. May he slip and fall in a puddle of Aids!

I really like Colbert a lot. Surprised the religious right are not big fans.
I loved the Colbert Jack White Catholic showdown trying to prove who was most catholic
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
June 20th, 2019 at 9:16:25 AM permalink
I almost commented yesterday that certain members seem so angry lately (I’m glad I didn’t call them out now).

Then I was just scrolling through Twitter and strumbled across this tweet:

All I could think is: Yup.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
terapined
terapined
June 20th, 2019 at 9:28:06 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

I almost commented yesterday that certain members seem so angry lately (I’m glad I didn’t call them out now).

Then I was just scrolling through Twitter and strumbled across this tweet:

All I could think is: Yup.

I agree
The Proud Boys were in Orlando yesterday
Their guy is President yet they come across as very angry and livid.
weird
Boz
Boz
Thanked by
mcallister3200wellwellwellSanchoPanza
June 20th, 2019 at 9:31:09 AM permalink
I could sub racist for another word and say the same thing.

They have gotten all the equality and acceptance they ever dreamed of. Yet some still seem to be angry and militant.

Like White Supremacy clowns, maybe there is just something wrong with them and their thought process.
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
June 20th, 2019 at 9:31:52 AM permalink
All this crap about crowd size. Cracks me up. You guys were saying the same thing last cycle and Hillary got 3 million more votes. Let's talk about stuff that matters. Maybe talk about how the dems got 8.6 million more votes in the midterms, the largest margin of victory since the last president to wage a war on the freedom of press.

I understand Trump's base loves him, but he's despised and loathed by almost everyone else. Judging from the midterm results, I'd guess that dems still have the enthusiasm edge, but it's pretty early.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
Thanked by
wellwellwell
June 20th, 2019 at 9:39:15 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

LOL
Pretty much normal weather yesterday
Its gonna rain today
Its going to rain tomorrow
Its the tropics and we are in the rainy season

So you expect thousands of people to wait more than 40 hours in typical rainstorms. Wow! No wonder why the posted newspaper statement shows so clearly that the hall was filled raises the expected "lol."
And not with Eric Swallwell's couple of dozen attendees, some of whom were apparently paid. Now let's see the complaints about the tens of thousands of Angelinos and Franciscans leaving their fecal matter and other garbage all over key pedestrian areas.
Boz
Boz
Thanked by
petroglyphwellwellwell
June 20th, 2019 at 9:47:36 AM permalink
Looks like someone in the liberal media decided it’s time for Creepy Joe to go. ABC News finally covered a story that has been out there for years regarding the fraud Joe perpetrated with his Son in Ukraine and China.

It appears the Coke Head, Sister in Law banging, bum is going to bring the old man down. Not that Joe didn’t know exactly what was going on.

Doesn’t look good for that Cancer cure he had planned.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/biden-sidesteps-questions-sons-foreign-business-dealings-promises/story?id=63820806
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
wellwellwell
June 20th, 2019 at 9:49:12 AM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

All this crap about crowd size. Cracks me up. You guys were saying the same thing last cycle and Hillary got 3 million more votes. Let's talk about stuff that matters. Maybe talk about how the dems got 8.6 million more votes in the midterms, the largest margin of victory since the last president to wage a war on the freedom of press.

I understand Trump's base loves him, but he's despised and loathed by almost everyone else. Judging from the midterm results, I'd guess that dems still have the enthusiasm edge, but it's pretty early.

And all of Hillary's margin comes from just one state, CA. A state with lots of potential illegal aliens voting. She was supposed to make a walk out of it. All along we mentioned there was no energy behind her.

Hard to say on the enthusiasm edge. The party of POTUS almost always loses in the midterms. And there were a number of GOP House members who decided to not run, meaning far more than usual open seats. Don't confuse expected outcome with enthusiasm. When Democrats get enthused they tend to nominate a far-left nutcase. So far it appears they will do so this time.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Steverinos
Steverinos
Thanked by
ams288
June 20th, 2019 at 9:56:24 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

A state with lots of potential illegal aliens voting.

Yawn. It's time to put up or shut up on this. Potential illegal aliens? Trump disbanded his own commission that was created to investigate. Take the hint.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
June 20th, 2019 at 10:01:09 AM permalink

And all of Hillary's margin comes from just one state, CA. A state with lots of potential illegal aliens voting. She was supposed to make a walk out of it. All along we mentioned there was no energy behind her.

Hard to say on the enthusiasm edge. The party of POTUS almost always loses in the midterms. And there were a number of GOP House members who decided to not run, meaning far more than usual open seats. Don't confuse expected outcome with enthusiasm. When Democrats get enthused they tend to nominate a far-left nutcase. So far it appears they will do so this time.

Hillary won California didnt she? So how was that her "margin"? She won it and California didnt matter.

Traditionally California rarely matters because they are last polls to close. Most of the election results are in and everyone knows who the winner is. Perhaps in an extremely tight race California would have some importance
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
ams288
ams288
June 20th, 2019 at 10:04:24 AM permalink

Like White Supremacy clowns, maybe there is just something wrong with them and their thought process.

So you're saying a not insignificant portion of Trump's base are "clowns?"

Interesting.
Boz
Boz
Thanked by
wellwellwellSanchoPanzabeachbumbabsRS
June 20th, 2019 at 10:35:18 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

So you're saying a not insignificant portion of Trump's base are "clowns?"

Interesting.

Why is it interesting?

White Supremacy supporters are clowns. So are race baiters like Sharpton, Jackson and others like them. Both parties will always have supporters that are clowns.

It’s not that interesting or difficult to see.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
June 20th, 2019 at 11:00:19 AM permalink

Why is it interesting?

White Supremacy supporters are clowns. So are race baiters like Sharpton, Jackson and others like them. Both parties will always have supporters that are clowns.

Jackson?

Jesse Jackson?

I haven't heard a peep outta him in over a decade

Sharpton is still vocal but tbh I have seen him tone his demagoguery down. Besides losing a lot weight he seems to have changed somewhat.

He still fights for rights and equality but hes less caustic imo
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
wellwellwell
June 20th, 2019 at 11:05:30 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Hillary won California didnt she? So how was that her "margin"? She won it and California didnt matter.

Simple math. Her popular vote win in CA is more than her popular vote win across the nation.

IOW, this is why we have the EC. So a big margin in one large state does not make the election.

Saying she "won the popular vote" means she is very popular in one state, CA. The rest of the nation not so much.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
wellwellwell
June 20th, 2019 at 11:06:45 AM permalink

Yawn. It's time to put up or shut up on this. Potential illegal aliens? Trump disbanded his own commission that was created to investigate. Take the hint.

Don't look an me, I am not among those in the states that dragged their heels not to cooperate. You would think with all the talk of "disenfranchisement" that the Blue States would want the cleanest elections possible. Seems not so much.
Steverinos
Steverinos
June 20th, 2019 at 11:14:10 AM permalink

IOW, this is why we have the EC. So a big margin in one large state does not make the election.

It's debatable why we have the EC. That's one train of thought.

The other train of thought, of course, is letting PEOPLE decide elections, not geography.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
June 20th, 2019 at 11:31:24 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Jackson? Jesse Jackson? I haven't heard a peep outta him in over a decade

He has Parkinson's.
Quote:

Sharpton is still vocal but tbh I have seen him tone his demagoguery down. Besides losing a lot weight he seems to have changed somewhat. He still fights for rights and equality but hes less caustic imo

Sharpton's fans finally finished paying off his debt in the Brawley case.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 20th, 2019 at 11:40:16 AM permalink

It's debatable why we have the EC. That's one train of thought.

The other train of thought, of course, is letting PEOPLE decide elections, not geography.

The people do decide. How does geography decide? Land doesn't vote.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
June 20th, 2019 at 12:05:03 PM permalink

The people do decide. How does geography decide? Land doesn't vote.

Guess you should explain how you think the electoral college works by popular vote. That should be amusing.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
wellwellwell
June 20th, 2019 at 12:15:25 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Guess you should explain how you think the electoral college works by popular vote. That should be amusing.

State takes a popular vote. Said votes choose that state's electors.

Simple enough that I learned it in about 5th grade civics.

See, if you ignore smaller states like MI, WI, even PA and just focus on CA then the EC balances this out.
billryan
billryan 
June 20th, 2019 at 12:20:41 PM permalink
Compelling last interview with 9-11 First Responder Luis Alverez, who entered hospice care yesterday. Last week, he skipped his 69th chemo treatment to travel to Washington where half of the Committee he went to speak to didn't even show up. This week, his liver shut down.
Never forget, indeed.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
terapined
terapined
Thanked by
ams288
June 20th, 2019 at 12:31:22 PM permalink

Why is it interesting?

Politics has nothing to do with determining disgusting dirtballs
Sharpton is a disgusting dirtball
Bill Clinton is a disgusting dirt ball
Donald Trump is a disgusting dirt ball
Roy Moore is a disgusting dirball
Members that post that Michelle is a guy are disgusting dirt balls :-)
rxwine
rxwine
June 20th, 2019 at 12:32:59 PM permalink

State takes a popular vote. Said votes choose that state's electors.

Simple enough that I learned it in about 5th grade civics.

See, if you ignore smaller states like MI, WI, even PA and just focus on CA then the EC balances this out.

Why do you need geographic areas at all? Because it’s a gimmick to prevent direct election by actual popular vote.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Steverinos
Steverinos
June 20th, 2019 at 12:55:28 PM permalink

Why do you need geographic areas at all?

In the year 2019, you don't. The EC is obsolete.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
wellwellwell
June 20th, 2019 at 3:09:44 PM permalink

In the year 2019, you don't. The EC is obsolete.

Not at all. 2016 proved we need it more than ever.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
wellwellwell
June 20th, 2019 at 3:10:26 PM permalink

Why do you need geographic areas at all? Because it’s a gimmick to prevent direct election by actual popular vote.

I would suggest you look back at posts over the last 2 years as we have explained it many times.
ams288
ams288
June 20th, 2019 at 3:53:39 PM permalink
Everyone’s favorite child molester, Roy Moore, is running for AL Senate again in 2020!!

I wish him lots of luck in the primary, and absolutely no luck in the general.
rxwine
rxwine
June 20th, 2019 at 4:05:32 PM permalink

I would suggest you look back at posts over the last 2 years as we have explained it many times.

In case you didn't notice I answered my own rhetorical question in that same post. Besides, all discussions with you on politics are for amusement anyway.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
June 20th, 2019 at 4:42:42 PM permalink
Regarding the electoral college:

Surprise! the U.S. is not a direct democracy, it is a representative democracy. We elect representatives who vote on things. The major exception is state referenda on specific issues, but at the federal level we are a representative democracy.

Examples:
We elect congressman and Senators, we (the people) do not vote on laws.

State legislatures and/or congress vote on constitutional amendments, people cannot vote on constitutional amendments.

We elect "electors" who vote for President.

That is the way it is. England is like that too (Parliament picks the Prime Minister), as are many countries.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
Thanked by
wellwellwell
June 20th, 2019 at 4:56:03 PM permalink

The idea of the EC is to prevent mob rule. Or rule by tyranny. Which is what we now have in single party states like New York, California, North Korea, China, Vietnam and Cuba.

We already proved there are enough dem votes within only 254 sq. miles of NYC to rule the country.

We will rule over you in perpetuity.

Steverinos
Steverinos
June 20th, 2019 at 5:07:31 PM permalink
While yes, the EC was partly created to prevent direct democracy, it was also partly created to protect the interests of slave states. I believe it is undeniable when you look at the events surrounding ratification and direct quotes from some of the framers. Obviously, just my opinion, but man, it's pretty damn hard to argue that protecting slave states didn't at least have something to do with its implementation. And if that's the case, yes, it is obsolete in 2019.

It has bigger problems than its history though. Basing the number of electors off delegations gives disproportionate influence to people in smaller states. For example, Wyoming voters have nearly four times as much influence as California voters do. This is a problem. It essentially marginalizes tens of millions of voters living in solid red and blue states. Meaning, it's not just democrats that are disenfranchised. It's everybody. Small states are ignored along with large populous solid red or blue states like California and Texas, while campaigns spend an overwhelming majority of their time in a handful of states each cycle.

Eliminating the EC would give equal weight to every vote and candidates incentive to fight for every vote.
Boz
Boz
Thanked by
wellwellwellRS
June 20th, 2019 at 5:14:37 PM permalink
In other news that no one expected.....StevO will be voting for whichever candidate the Dems roll out there next November. And would consider voting for OJ or Bill Cosby over Trump if they were nominated.

Of course he wants the EC eliminated.

Talk about a worthless unbiased opinion.

You make CNN seem legitimate with that opinion.
Steverinos
Steverinos
Thanked by
ams288
June 20th, 2019 at 5:20:09 PM permalink

You make CNN seem legitimate with that opinion.

CNN is legitimate. They will be here long after both you and Trump are gone.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
wellwellwell
June 20th, 2019 at 5:25:13 PM permalink

While yes, the EC was partly created to prevent direct democracy, it was also partly created to protect the interests of slave states.

No, to protect all the small states. VA was a slave state but was the most or second most dominant state at founding. Slavery ended 150+ years ago, get over your fascination with it and live in today.
Steverinos
Steverinos
June 20th, 2019 at 5:27:09 PM permalink

In other news that no one expected.....StevO will be voting for whichever candidate the Dems roll out there next November. And would consider voting for OJ or Bill Cosby over Trump if they were nominated.

I've voted in 5 Presidential elections. Guess what? My vote hasn't mattered in any of them. How could I possibly know that? Because who won the Presidency was announced before my polls closed in 4 of those 5.

Yeah, I guess you could say my opinion is biased.

Think of all the conservative voters in California. Their votes don't matter. Think of all the democratic voters in Wyoming. Their votes don't matter. It's a problem.
Steverinos
Steverinos
June 20th, 2019 at 5:28:16 PM permalink

VA was a slave state but was the most or second most dominant state at founding.

Yes, because of the 3/5 compromise.
rxwine
rxwine
June 20th, 2019 at 5:30:08 PM permalink

No, to protect all the small states. VA was a slave state but was the most or second most dominant state at founding. Slavery ended 150+ years ago, get over your fascination with it and live in today.

Then give up originalist's arguments and go with a living constitution if you want to live in the present.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 20th, 2019 at 5:31:21 PM permalink

Yes, because of the 3/5 compromise.

No, because it had a large economy and was a large state.
Steverinos
Steverinos
June 20th, 2019 at 5:31:52 PM permalink

Then give up originalist's arguments and go with a living constitution if you want to live in the present.

Bingo!
Boz
Boz
Thanked by
wellwellwell
June 20th, 2019 at 5:32:29 PM permalink

I've voted in 5 Presidential elections. Guess what? My vote hasn't mattered in any of them. How could I possibly know that? Because who won the Presidency was announced before my polls closed in 4 of those 5.

Think of all the conservative voters in California. Their votes don't matter. Think of all the democratic voters in Wyoming. Their votes don't matter. It's a problem.

They could always move.

A Conservative in CA that cares about this country should consider moving to Nevada.

A liberal living in Alabama should consider moving to Florida.

Or it’s just not that important to them overall.

Moving of voters should be the next frontier in both job creation and effective use of donations.

Instead of bitching your (or my) vote doesn’t matter, do something about it according to the rules.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
June 20th, 2019 at 5:34:32 PM permalink

My sympathies. I've voted in 11. I'm 5 and 6. My vote has mattered in at least 3 of those.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Boz
Boz
Thanked by
wellwellwell
June 20th, 2019 at 5:35:47 PM permalink

CNN is legitimate. They will be here long after both you and Trump are gone.

Now we are equal on making each other laugh.

Probably the funniest thing you have ever said in an incredible record of saying funny things.

And CNN’s ratings show how little the public accepts them. Take out the airport viewers and they their own Forensic Files on Headline News beats them.

Need ratings proof or doesn’t that matter to you?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
wellwellwell
June 20th, 2019 at 5:37:03 PM permalink

What does the fact that it was announced have to do with anything? The results were still the results.

Quote:

No one individual vote really matters. If you don't show up the world will never notice. Just because your state goes opposite of how you vote is meaningless. You are voting in an election. Sure, it is an election to elect electors. Still an election.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 20th, 2019 at 5:41:23 PM permalink

No such thing as a "living constitution." The Constitution is a contract between the government and its people. Contracts do not change because someone feels like changing them. Their meaning stays the same until an official change is made.

In case you did not notice, the Constitution bans slavery.
Steverinos
Steverinos
June 20th, 2019 at 5:54:48 PM permalink

Need ratings proof or doesn’t that matter to you?

What would ratings prove? That the same 3 million retired people with nothing better to do watch Fox all day? It’s amazing that any democrat can win anything!

No. I don’t care about ratings. It’s not part of the criteria for me.
wellwellwell
wellwellwell
June 20th, 2019 at 5:58:46 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

My sympathies. I've voted in 11. I'm 5 and 6. My vote has mattered in at least 3 of those.

11 for me also.

Never mattered.

Even voted for Ross Perot. Still didn't matter.
Steverinos
Steverinos
June 20th, 2019 at 6:08:38 PM permalink

What does the fact that it was announced have to do with anything? The results were still the results.

It means my states results didn’t matter, regardless of who won my state.

There might come a day where 3 electoral votes matter. Doubt it though.
wellwellwell
wellwellwell
June 20th, 2019 at 6:15:41 PM permalink

It means my states results didn’t matter, regardless of who won my state.

There might come a day where 3 electoral votes matter. Doubt it though.

Easy solution.

Don't vote if you feel your vote doesn't matter.
  • Jump to: