Thread Rating:

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
February 26th, 2019 at 8:56:37 PM permalink
Russian troll bots don't count as viewers.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
February 26th, 2019 at 9:05:26 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Russian troll bots don't count as viewers.

Good thing Dice doesn't have any. He's
spent years and years growing his
viewership slowly, getting a loyal
fan base. Youtube hates him, they
constantly demonetize his videos
because he supports Trump.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
  • Threads: 240
February 27th, 2019 at 2:46:16 AM permalink
Trump’s Secret to Victory in 2020: Hispanic Voters

Left wing Politico amazed that Hispanics don't put loving illegal immigration at the top of their reasons for who to vote for. They actually prefer a good economy and are turned off by the far-left wing of the Democrat Party. And they are not following the Black model of bloc-voting, instead voting as individuals like non-hispanic whites.

One nice line is they are a tad upset that the Democrats could have gotten a deal for the so-called "Dreamers" and instead threw their little hissy-fit over the wall.
Last edited by: AZDuffman on Feb 27, 2019
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
February 27th, 2019 at 5:46:55 AM permalink
Hmm
Why isn't EB going after Cohen ancestors
Are we getting a dumb Rush update on his research on Cohen ancestors
Rush has jumped the shark going after people simply due to their ancestors
Thanks EB for showing what a dummy Rush is
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
February 27th, 2019 at 6:22:40 AM permalink
I agree that if Trump's ancestors a few generations back were slave owners it would be a major talking point against him by his opposition.
I agree that because Kamala has dark skin it will not be a major factor against her.
I think Kamala's biggest liability is that she slept her way to public jobs. I do not even think they are denying this!

I know many people, both Dems and Repubs. There is NO DOUBT, in my admittedly small sample size, that the Dems are the "low information" type voters. It's not even close.

If the election was today, I'd bet on Kamala beating Donald. I'd much rather have HRC President than KH. Can't you Dems get behind Klobuchar? All the Repubs have gotten is "she was mean to a staffer."!
Minty
Minty
  • Threads: 7
February 27th, 2019 at 7:11:50 AM permalink
When I was in college I had a professor tell me about a number of things that correlated with political affiliation. I don't remember most of them, but I remember him saying Democratic voters were more likely to have multiple degrees or no degrees as compared to the one degree that Republican voters were more inclined to have. He also mentioned that Republican voters were more likely to be frequent churchgoers, surprise surprise.

Really, neither Dems or Republicans are more informed than the other, it's just that they have different moral bases and are inclined to think those that think differently than them are wrong. I could find interviews giving terrible answers to questions posed to Trump supporters, but you could likely do the same for the left side. Different opinions, equally misinformed.
"Just because I'm not doing anything illegal, doesn't mean I won't have to defend myself someday." -Chip Reese
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
ams288
February 27th, 2019 at 7:18:35 AM permalink
Amazingly, people that listen to rush or Sean constantly talk about low information voters. Sadly, they don't see the irony in that.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
Thanked by
SOOPOORS
February 27th, 2019 at 7:37:41 AM permalink
Quote: Minty

When I was in college I had a professor tell me about a number of things that correlated with political affiliation. I don't remember most of them, but I remember him saying Democratic voters were more likely to have multiple degrees or no degrees as compared to the one degree that Republican voters were more inclined to have. He also mentioned that Republican voters were more likely to be frequent churchgoers, surprise surprise.

Pretty true, except that the no-degree group is trending towards the GOP. Part of this is Democrats have disowned working class White voters and part because more sharp people are saying the hell with college and taking a trade or going their own way. The reason for the multiple degree Democrat correlation seems to be that said people insulate themselves from the real world where results matter and spend their time on campus where theory matters.

Quote:

Really, neither Dems or Republicans are more informed than the other, it's just that they have different moral bases and are inclined to think those that think differently than them are wrong. I could find interviews giving terrible answers to questions posed to Trump supporters, but you could likely do the same for the left side. Different opinions, equally misinformed.

Uh, no. As a whole Democrats are less informed. The worst seem to be students on campus who just chant slogans. Count me in the might be a small sample size but the Democrats I know are far less informed than friends who lean Republican.
Minty
Minty
  • Threads: 7
February 27th, 2019 at 9:01:53 AM permalink
Well there's less informed, misinformed and informed about things that really don't matter. I think many Republicans fall into those last two categories watching Fox News. Democrats get caught in the trap watching Nowthis and other heavily biased material found on the web.

I think many people on both sides are misinformed now since news is so sensationalized and biased as to skew things into lies. Many of the Democrats I know get informed from late show hosts and as I'm sure you'll be quick to point out, that's not the news. However, I think despite the bias, some of those speakers do an excellent job covering the facts and will actually cite sources during their programs, which is less common with Republican media.
"Just because I'm not doing anything illegal, doesn't mean I won't have to defend myself someday." -Chip Reese
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
Thanked by
SOOPOO
February 27th, 2019 at 9:33:04 AM permalink
Quote: Minty

I think many people on both sides are misinformed now since news is so sensationalized and biased as to skew things into lies. Many of the Democrats I know get informed from late show hosts and as I'm sure you'll be quick to point out, that's not the news. However, I think despite the bias, some of those speakers do an excellent job covering the facts and will actually cite sources during their programs, which is less common with Republican media.

What "Republican Media" are you talking about?

The differences I see are that Democrats are less worldly and just parrot what they hear on the news.

Democrats get upset about a "tax loophole" that let AMZN pay no tax but a Republican more knows this is carry-forward/carry-back and not a loophole at all.

Democrats see the SEIU rallying fast food workers for the "right to form a union" and take the workers side. Republicans ask why the SEIU does not just try to organize them.

Democrats think they cannot question global warming, Republicans look at who is pushing what agenda and immediately question it.

It is not the news, it is what kind of education each side has. Democrats are enamored with paper degrees, Republicans care about what a person actually knows. (AOC is the perfect example of why a degree itself is meaningless)
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
February 27th, 2019 at 9:38:12 AM permalink
I don't argue with climate change deniers. They clearly cannot discern the truth and lack the resources necessary for analytical thinking.

I have the science degree and the empirical knowledge to know that it is a real phenomena.

Anyone who denies this to me cannot be trusted and is squelched. This includes individual #1.

The truth is out there. Facts are that.

Of course there are agendas. For the media it's eyeballs, so you have to find sources that you can trust and discount those you can't. It's not that FoxNews or CNN etc are always lying, but they both have an agenda.

But in all of this the truth is there. It's in the facts that are being reported everywhere. Ignore the commentary which is trying to influence. Use your own critical analysis.

But there is a link between those who deny climate change and Trump/Rush diehards.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
February 27th, 2019 at 9:43:48 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

But there is a link between those who deny climate change and Trump/Rush diehards.

Yes, because we do not just shut up and "listen to the scientists" as liberals do. We think for ourselves.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 27th, 2019 at 10:07:24 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I know many people, both Dems and Repubs. There is NO DOUBT, in my admittedly small sample size, that the Dems are the "low information" type voters. It's not even close.

I call it 'blinders on' voters. My wife was
constantly appalled in 2016 at how little
the Trump haters really knew about
what was happening where she worked.
They only got the news from the Lib Left media.

When Trump won some of them were
distraught that they would lose their
jobs because Trump would now ruin
the economy. I wonder how that worked
out for them..
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
February 27th, 2019 at 10:21:09 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

The differences I see are that Democrats are less worldly and just parrot what they hear on the news

Your stand-up comedy routine gets funnier by the day!

Have you ever seen one of EB’s posts? He copies and pastes from RushLimbaugh.com half the time! Lmao
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
February 27th, 2019 at 10:22:19 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

They only got the news from the Lib Left media.

You don't need any form of news media to figure out Trump is a lying POS. All you need is your own eyes and ears...and a twitter account.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanked by
Mooseton
February 27th, 2019 at 11:24:04 AM permalink
RE: Kamala Harris -- It's retarded to care about someone's ancestors' actions. Someone is not responsible for their parents', grandparents', etc. actions.

I don't remember the story, but weren't the liberals all gung-ho about a story of DJT's father (or grandfather or great grandfather?) being banned or kicked out of some European country?

Lol at thinking liberal media is any less biased than conservative media and liberals not being misinformed by their media. Hmmm, recent liberal stories that turned out to be total flops....(aside from the whole, "Trump will NEVER be president!", this one's my favorite though).

The pretend story Christine Ford made up about Kavanaugh. Remember all the liberals and their "I'm with her" nonsense, they all totally ate it up as if she was surely telling the truth! There were some other hacks that made up stories too (don't remember their names, don't care), like the girl who kept going to these supposed "rape train parties" even after she supposedly knew about them -- yup, this all adds up to making sense. #TwoDoors

BuzzFeed's "bombshell" about Trump / Cohen / Mueller, which Mueller ended up disputing.

What about the story where the #MAGA kids allegedly.....did whatever the hell they allegedly did to that phony Indian? Liberals were up in arms, calling those kids racists, plenty calling for their heads (literally, death threats on twitter, although I don't think that was by any too-famous liberals).

Jussie Smollett. Enough said.

Don't remember where this fits into the timeline, but Elizabeth "the 1/1024 Indian" Warren pretending to be Indian.

There are plenty more, but I got stuff to do now. =\

Oh, and just for fun, check this out: https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/22/us/conservative-activist-assault-uc-berkeley/index.html TLDR: CNN: "Conservative activist allegedly attacked on UC Berkeley campus". Take note on the word "allegedly". Immediately after that is video of it happening. Uhhhhh.........for real, CNN?

So maybe misinformed isn't the right way to describe the relationship between liberals and their media. I think brainwashed (as in, the media is attempting to brainwash the liberals) is more fitting.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 27th, 2019 at 11:51:01 AM permalink
Quote: RS

RE: Kamala Harris -- It's retarded to care about someone's ancestors' actions.

But Kamala does care, she's the leader
of the reparations for ancestors of
Black slaves. Since her relatives owned
the slaves, she should lead the way
and start paying.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
February 27th, 2019 at 11:59:02 AM permalink

But Kamala does care, she's the leader
of the reparations for ancestors of
Black slaves. Since her relatives owned
the slaves, she should lead the way
and start paying.

Good point! I dodn't even think of that part.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
February 27th, 2019 at 1:13:36 PM permalink
Who needs science when you have Rush Limbaugh?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
February 27th, 2019 at 1:20:07 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Who needs science when you have Rush Limbaugh?

Limbaugh understands science very well. Better than the GW believers. If you believe in science then you should question global warming.
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
Thanked by
ams288tringlomane
February 27th, 2019 at 1:23:02 PM permalink

Limbaugh understands science very well. Better than the GW believers. If you believe in science then you should question global warming.

Yeah, he understands science. He understands that when you pop pills, it makes you feel good.

It’s science after all.
rxwine
rxwine
February 27th, 2019 at 1:23:53 PM permalink

Limbaugh understands science very well. Better than the GW believers.

GW believes would include all the scientists as well who believe. Your statement is fantastically absurd.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 27th, 2019 at 1:27:56 PM permalink

Rush has been talking about GW for
at least 25 years, mid 90's. He's always
made common sense out of it and kept
up with all the fraud surrounding it.
billryan
billryan
February 27th, 2019 at 1:31:43 PM permalink
Mickey Cohen is a big fat liar. A snake who was always a snake and who will forever be a lying piece of rotting goat innards. A liar who will say anything in the hope of a reduced sentence.
But all he had to say today was that the President told him to lie to Congress and half the nation would have built him a statue. Yet this big fat liar somehow didn't have the common sense to tell the one lie that would save his skin. Evidently, he lied about everything else but this.
I'd go on but I have to see a man about some beach front property in Pahrump.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
terapined
terapined
February 27th, 2019 at 1:31:45 PM permalink

Rush has been talking about GW for
at least 25 years, mid 90's. He's always
made common sense out of it and kept
up with all the fraud surrounding it.

Yup
Common sense to Rush is to check the scientists ancestors to determine if he believes or disbelieves the science. Rush is all about ancestors when judging people. Lol
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
February 27th, 2019 at 2:24:30 PM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

Yeah, he understands science. He understands that when you pop pills, it makes you feel good.

It’s science after all.

Yes, hooked on opioids because of extreme back pain, lets hang the guy!

I am guessing you voted for Obama who bragged about shoving cocaine up his nose for fun and that was OK?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
February 27th, 2019 at 2:25:44 PM permalink

GW believes would include all the scientists as well who believe. Your statement is fantastically absurd.

Same group of scientists that said we would be in an ice age by now in the 1970s!
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 27th, 2019 at 2:34:00 PM permalink

Same group of scientists that said we would be in an ice age by now in the 1970s!

GW pays much better, it scares more people.
It's a huge part of Crazy Eyes Cortez's
New Green Ripoff. In 12 years the earth
will be unlivable, she says.

I remember in the late 90's Ted Danson
said in 10 years the oceans would be
dead and no more fish. Yet here I am
20 years later still buying tuna for 55
cents a can at Walmart.
boymimbo
boymimbo
Thanked by
terapinedtringlomane
February 27th, 2019 at 2:46:18 PM permalink

I do question science. In fact most science is formed via hypothesis that are proven and unproven via the scientific method. In the case of 'does increased carbon dioxide in the air, without any other factors, trap more heat,' the answer, without debate, is an unequivocal yes. This has been proven thorough observation and matches theory.

It actually takes science to debunk a theory as well, not political opinion. There is no science that disproves global warming. There are theories that forcing mechanism as a result of increased heat overcome the trapping by CO2, such as increased cloud cover, plant growth increasing the carbon sink, etc. None of these forcing mechanisms have been proven, and all papers intended to disprove global warming have been debunked.

It's because the science is basic chemistry. You add molecules to the atmosphere that trap heat, and more heat is trapped. QED.

So you can scream, 'i don't believe' all you want. Science is not in your side.

And frankly if one lacks the critical thinking skills to understand that they aren't worth a debate.

Rush said, "we had 11 years of no hurricanes -- 11 straight years of no major hurricanes striking land in the United States, which just bores a hole right through the climate change argument."
-- dead wrong.

I'll put my atmospheric science and meteorology classes up against any radio host's knowledge of science any day, especially the politically motivated.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
February 27th, 2019 at 2:56:39 PM permalink

It actually takes science to debunk a theory as well, not political opinion. There is no science that disproves global warming. There are theories that forcing mechanism as a result of increased heat overcome the trapping by CO2, such as increased cloud cover, plant growth increasing the carbon sink, etc. None of these forcing mechanisms have been proven, and all papers intended to disprove global warming have been debunked.

Science can shoot holes thru GW left and right. The sample size is too short. There is no control group. Solar activity cannot be separated out.

Quote:

I'll put my atmospheric science and meteorology classes up against any radio host's knowledge of science any day, especially the politically motivated.

Of course you can, just remember you are throwing in with the biggest politically motivated theory of our lifetimes.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
February 27th, 2019 at 3:13:58 PM permalink

I am guessing you voted for Obama who bragged about shoving cocaine up his nose for fun and that was OK?

Anyone that would continually bring up Rush's pain medication use, obviously never dealt with much pain themselves. Those that have, understand, and stfu about it.

I understand why pain patients that for whatever reason can not get adequate medication for their condition, experiment with illegal substances.

For those that understand pain no explanation is necessary, for those that don't, no explanation is possible. I don't even like Rush, but I understand his need for relief. Can't believe these folks are still hanging their hats on that instance, what was it 25+ years ago?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
February 27th, 2019 at 3:31:26 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Anyone that would continually bring up Rush's pain medication use, obviously never dealt with much pain themselves. Those that have, understand, and stfu about it.

I understand why pain patients that for whatever reason can not get adequate medication for their condition, experiment with illegal substances.

For those that understand pain no explanation is necessary, for those that don't, no explanation is possible. I don't even like Rush, but I understand his need for relief. Can't believe these folks are still hanging their hats on that instance, what was it 25+ years ago?

Limbaugh and Favre are two examples of disciplined men who you could not imagine getting hooked, and because of pain they got hooked. I sort of wish Trump would use them but it is probably a very touchy subject with them.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
February 27th, 2019 at 4:00:38 PM permalink

Seems harsh, but if you insist.......
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
February 27th, 2019 at 5:21:56 PM permalink

Limbaugh and Favre are two examples of disciplined men who you could not imagine getting hooked, and because of pain they got hooked. I sort of wish Trump would use them but it is probably a very touchy subject with them.

What with public perception, and every politician trying to be the most anti opiod candidate, it's a bad time to be in pain.
rxwine
rxwine
February 27th, 2019 at 5:55:39 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

What with public perception, and every politician trying to be the most anti opiod candidate, it's a bad time to be in pain.

I'm okay with people in pain getting as much pain medication as they need. But I won't be onboard until they sign some sort of agreement that if they are caught selling any of it, they'll serve 20 years minimum.

I used to be, make it all legal, but I was convinced in a discussion about it that some drugs are just too powerful and dangerous for such legality.
boymimbo
boymimbo
Thanked by
tringlomane
February 27th, 2019 at 6:17:40 PM permalink

Science can shoot holes thru GW left and right. The sample size is too short. There is no control group. Solar activity cannot be separated out.

Nope. Sample size is fine.
Of course there is no control group. What planet do you suggest?
Solar activity has been separated out.

These are all arguments presented without understanding the scientific significance of what has been said.
boymimbo
boymimbo
February 27th, 2019 at 6:34:49 PM permalink

I'm okay with people in pain getting as much pain medication as they need. But I won't be onboard until they sign some sort of agreement that if they are caught selling any of it, they'll serve 20 years minimum.

I used to be, make it all legal, but I was convinced in a discussion about it that some drugs are just too powerful and dangerous for such legality.

I don't harp on Rush's addiction to drugs. Opioids are nasty and affects everyone. You get prescribed a legal drug and get addicted. Of course the criticism is that he should have had moral compassion for other people's moral weaknesses given his own struggles.

And yeah there has been enough news coverage on how the FDA legalized opioids for long term use and the insidious efforts of big pharma to push harmful drugs en masse. It's disgusting and frankly Obama did very little to curb it.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
February 28th, 2019 at 2:30:59 AM permalink

Nope. Sample size is fine.
Of course there is no control group. What planet do you suggest?
Solar activity has been separated out.

These are all arguments presented without understanding the scientific significance of what has been said.

Sorry, sample size is not at all fine. Less than 150 years of accurate measurement. On a 4.5 billion year old planet. That means if the history of the earth was one year the records would be one second worth of data.

Now, if you were consulting a casino on if someone was counting cards, would you look at one hand of play and say "sample size is fine" and make a decision? Because one hand of data would be comparatively far more data than you are saying is "fine."

There is no other planet for a control group of course. That is why it GW can never be accepted as an absolute.

Solar activity supposedly has been separated out, but they keep finding out that they have gotten that wrong and adjusting it.

Lets add in how every few years we hear a GW study had flawed data to get the results they wanted.

Sorry, but if you believe in science you should be questioning all of this. But what do we hear from the supporters? That you CANNOT QUESTION it.

Which makes me question it all the more. Like I have often said, I have been hearing the prediction GW will destroy the planet in 20 years for 30 years now. Longer than that twit pushing the GND has even been alive.
billryan
billryan
February 28th, 2019 at 3:09:37 AM permalink
So that summit went well, eh?
At least Trump finally went to Vietnam.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
February 28th, 2019 at 4:11:25 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

So that summit went well, eh?
At least Trump finally went to Vietnam.

Leaving without a deal was the right thing to do.

I'm sure the people rooting against America--and not just Trump--will have a field day with this today.

Reasonable people will see that the North Korean leader wanted too much while giving up too little.

Hate Trump all you want, root for him to be impeached or whatever, but don't root against America.

North Korea with nuclear weapons that can reach the US is a dangerous thing.

"President Barack Obama's nuclear warning to North Korea:

US President Barack Obama says he is pushing for "a world without nuclear weapons", and has made a direct appeal to North Korea.

He warned Pyongyang there would be "no rewards for provocation".

''You can continue with the road you are on but we know where that leads,'' he said.

''Today, we say: Pyongyang, have the courage to pursue peace.''

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-17509176/president-barack-obama-s-nuclear-warning-to-north-korea
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
February 28th, 2019 at 4:35:48 AM permalink
it's real important to understand that it's not that Don the Con's base and supporters don't believe what Cohen said - that he's a cheat, a liar, a con man and a racist

𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐟 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐞

they love Don the Con so much
Please don't feed the trolls
RonC
RonC
February 28th, 2019 at 4:40:50 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

it's real important to understand that it's not that Don the Con's base and supporters don't believe what Cohen said - that he's a cheat, a liar, a con man and a racist

𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐟 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐞

they love Don the Con so much

It must be...you posted the same thing in two threads!
terapined
terapined
February 28th, 2019 at 4:51:10 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

I'm sure the people rooting against America--and not just Trump--will have a field day with this today.

Reasonable people will see that the North Korean leader wanted too much while giving up too little.

Hate Trump all you want, root for him to be impeached or whatever, but don't root against America.

US President Barack Obama says he is pushing for "a world without nuclear weapons", and has made a direct appeal to North Korea.

''You can continue with the road you are on but we know where that leads,'' he said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-17509176/president-barack-obama-s-nuclear-warning-to-north-korea

Trump disgusts me giving Kim a pass on Otto Warmbier
WTF. Trump is a fool that just got played by Kim
I cant imagine what the Warmbier family is feeling today. Probably think Trump is a traitor
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/28/trump-kim-otto-warmbier-1195211
https://nypost.com/2019/02/28/trump-believes-kim-had-nothing-to-do-with-otto-warmbiers-death/

Trump trusts Kim's 'word' that he was unaware of Otto Warmbier mistreatment
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
Thanked by
tringlomane
February 28th, 2019 at 7:09:58 AM permalink

Going in the first place was the wrong thing to do.

Leaving, once he'd already blundered in going, was the lesser of two evils. Worse would have been further legitimizing NK standing by signing a meaningless agreement.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
terapined
terapined
Thanked by
tringlomane
February 28th, 2019 at 8:00:59 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Yup
You get concessions before meeting
Kim is walking away giddy
Got 2 face to face meetings with a US President raising his international profile and we got squat
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
February 28th, 2019 at 8:34:53 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Leaving, once he'd already blundered in going, was the lesser of two evils. Worse would have been further legitimizing NK standing by signing a meaningless agreement.

Not sure why sitting down is a bad thing. But agree, we don't need more Iran-sty;e agreements just to get paper.
terapined
terapined
February 28th, 2019 at 8:43:08 AM permalink
Wtf happenned, did Rush check out Kim's ancestors, like what he saw and ordered Trump to give Kim a pass on Warmbier
What a weak president
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
tringlomane
February 28th, 2019 at 8:59:58 AM permalink

What was the point of the supposed leader of the free world making a second pilgrimage 8,000 miles to meet a pissant leader of a sinkhole country in the first place?
RonC
RonC
Thanked by
MaxPenRS
February 28th, 2019 at 9:03:44 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

What was the point of the supposed leader of the free world making a second pilgrimage 8,000 miles to meet a pissant leader of a sinkhole country in the first place?

Just to give the left something else to complain about...have at it!
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
Thanked by
Steverinos
February 28th, 2019 at 9:09:04 AM permalink

Not sure why sitting down is a bad thing. But agree, we don't need more Iran-sty;e agreements just to get paper.

Yeah, you're right. Trump has taken this country so far down the crapper as a world power it was a sit-down among near-equals. So what did it hurt? /sarcasm

Trump is legitimizing Kim on the world stage. No other US President has been foolish enough to recognize the Kim regime as an entity worth negotiations. Kim is a murderous despot, starving his people, with a goal of nuclear annihilation for any perceived threats. He has millions of people imprisoned in gulags and slave camps. And Trump is not just recognizing him, he's calling him a friend and making excuses for his disgusting practices.

What an abuse and squandering of American diplomacy and standing. Just awful.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
  • Jump to: