Thread Rating:

Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 125
October 16th, 2018 at 5:46:28 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Uh, that is ALWAYS the path to victory.

Weak. You know what I meant. The polls didn't miss in popular vote, the public just mistranslated that into Electoral College win.

In fact, I wrote an article about how good of a value I thought Trump was in the betting markets on here. I wrote another one for either LCB or LSB, maybe two of them. These would have been written before the election, of course.
Vultures can't be choosers.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 109
Thanks for this post from:
RogerKint
October 16th, 2018 at 5:47:16 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

If you believe he is a better choice than going democrat I believe that fits the definition of Pro-Trump

Will you be voting for him again? Someone anti-trump would not

It hurts my brain to respond...... I JUST POSTED that I did not vote for him (I wrote my own name in) but you ask me if I'll be voting for him again. It is hard to argue with someone unfamiliar with the definition of the word 'again'.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 167
Mission146
October 16th, 2018 at 6:13:02 PM permalink
CNN the fake news channel had 5 republicans, some of whom said they had registered as Democrats because of Trump, and were voting straight Democratic tickets in the mid term.

But you know what, i'm not convinced that they're really becoming Democrats. I think they are taking a bullet, and sending a message to the GOP. When Trump and his most ardent sycophants are gone, they'll be ready to embrace the Republican party once again. Most people don't abandon long held values so easily, but I can see how they might justify a temporary abandonment feeling a urgency for a colon cleansing, so to speak.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 224
Mission146SOOPOO
October 17th, 2018 at 2:30:11 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

CNN the fake news channel had 5 republicans, some of whom said they had registered as Democrats because of Trump, and were voting straight Democratic tickets in the mid term.

But you know what, i'm not convinced that they're really becoming Democrats. I think they are taking a bullet, and sending a message to the GOP. When Trump and his most ardent sycophants are gone, they'll be ready to embrace the Republican party once again. Most people don't abandon long held values so easily, but I can see how they might justify a temporary abandonment feeling a urgency for a colon cleansing, so to speak.

This is an old thing and goes back to 2000 and Bush. On the news and in forums. The thing is this kind of person was NEVER really a Republican. Online it is some weird game they like playing. "See, I was a republican, but this guy has so turned me off, if you want me back you had better get behind someone more moderate!"

So the were republicans but "because of Trump" they are registering to vote for the party that is running on a platform of higher taxes, more regulation, open borders, preferences based on skin color, and not liking someone being grounds for impeachment.

CNN expects people to believe this?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 178
Mission146
October 17th, 2018 at 6:41:47 AM permalink

By the same pols that had Hillary winning in a walk. If he is so unpopular, why are his rallies so filled with people and energy? Keep believing the lamestreams. It got your side so far the last 8 years.

Trump is going to Texas to do a rally. Is he doing it in any of the dozen large pro or college football stadiums nearby?
Nope. It's being held in an 8500 seat arena.
ams288
ams288 
  • Threads: 22
Mission146
October 17th, 2018 at 7:05:14 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Trump is going to Texas to do a rally. Is he doing it in any of the dozen large pro or college football stadiums nearby?
Nope. It's being held in an 8500 seat arena.

DONALD TRUMP IS ABOUT 90,000 SEATS SHORT OF TEXAS’S BIGGEST STADIUM

Quote:

President Donald Trump announced at the end of August that he would be holding a major rally for Republican Senator Ted Cruz in “the biggest stadium in Texas we can find.” But Trump’s campaign on Monday night said the rally would instead be held at NRG Arena, which holds only 8,000 seats.

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
Mission146
October 17th, 2018 at 7:19:02 AM permalink

So the were republicans but "because of Trump" they are registering to vote for the party that is running on a platform of higher taxes, more regulation, open borders, preferences based on skin color, and not liking someone being grounds for impeachment.

CNN expects people to believe this?

This is one point where we completely agree. I have always found this talking point absurd. While I may not care for Trump the man, I do align with many of the policy's he has implemented.

I would never in a million years vote for the likes of a Hillary or Bernie (although Bernie seems like a decent fellow)
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
rxwine
rxwine
Mission146
October 17th, 2018 at 7:39:51 AM permalink
Quote: VCUSkyhawk

This is one point where we completely agree. I have always found this talking point absurd. While I may not care for Trump the man, I do align with many of the policy's he has implemented.

I would never in a million years vote for the likes of a Hillary or Bernie (although Bernie seems like a decent fellow)

That point was addressed. Never seen someone abandon a candidate on just one issue they feel strongly enough about? A war, roe v wade, guns? In this case character, Some thought more Republicans should stand up to him. Some thought he was dangerous, Despite that they still liked some of his policies, but they were still abandoning the party.
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
Mission146
October 17th, 2018 at 8:03:05 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

That point was addressed. Never seen someone abandon a candidate on just one issue they feel strongly enough about? A war, roe v wade, guns? In this case character, Some thought more Republicans should stand up to him. Some thought he was dangerous, Despite that they still liked some of his policies, but they were still abandoning the party.

Yeah, but if you are talking multiple items, you aren't talking about a person causing this. It is YOU. You have changed. The other candidate is generally the other side of the coin, so you may not like Trump's personality, but did HE suddenly cause whatever person to shift in their core beliefs like say Gun Rights, Abortion, Taxes, ect ect. It could be that that person was slowly evolving over time, like it seems to be the case with Babs. But to point to one person is pretty disingenuous in my opinion.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
rxwine
rxwine
Mission146
October 17th, 2018 at 8:09:50 AM permalink
Just reporting what I remember. I didn't get it exactly right, but watch it yourself

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/10/16/pulse-of-the-people-voter-panel-independent-voter-gop-switch-party-camerota-pkg-newday-vpx.cnn

• Jump to: