Thread Rating:

RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146SOOPOOMooseton
October 16th, 2018 at 3:37:48 AM permalink
Trump should make a donation for $3,906.25 (1/256'th of a million) just to spite Pocahontas.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 224
October 16th, 2018 at 3:39:37 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Nope. His actions are not surprising, it's the fact that his supporters don't care is what's troubling. He lies about the stupidest, most mundane, easily provable facts, for literally no reason whatsoever, and with no perceivable gain, and they trust him with running a country? I can't figure it out....

You cannot figure it out because you are a liberal is not living in our world. Trump cares more about American kids who have to live in schools flooded with illegal alien kids than he cares about illegal alien families being "separated" because they broke the law. Trump did not promise to destroy the coal industry, a major part of the economy in many places. He sees we are tired of being made fools of in trade agreements and DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT! He got us out of an awful GW treaty that would cost trillions of dollars and even the UN said would do little to nothing.

I have talked to several people, all unrelated to one another, who said that their business picked up literally the day after the election. Trump not only promised to get rid of burdensome regulations, HE DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT! This chafes liberals who think writing regulations is a great thing and near a bodily function. Those of us who have to live with this know better.

He cut taxes and ensured that the blue states who love high local taxes will now pay their fair share.

IOW, we trust him because he does what he says. We trust him because he cares about people like us. We trust him because he came up in the real world, not a university or government. We do not care about a bombastic personality.

We see the alternative, and what the other side now openly wants is scary. What they will do to get it is even scarier.
Last edited by: AZDuffman on Oct 16, 2018
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 16th, 2018 at 3:46:37 AM permalink
Quote: VCUSkyhawk

It use to be that conservative just understood that the media generally leans left and let the unfair criticism roll off their shoulders (No, I am not saying all the criticism against Trump by the press is unfair). Trump needs to learn to do the same. He wont though.

And as they let it roll off, they lost credibility and support. We love Trump because he acts like a man and fights back. Instead of the media killing his support, he is killing what little support the media has left. Maybe they learn and practice actual journalism. I doubt it, but there is hope. FNC has shown what having a balanced newscast will do for ratings. You would think others would learn.

IOW, Trump saw what happened to Bush43. What happened to Romney. Even McCain. And he learned from it.

Did anyone see Trump just handle the bias of Leslie Stahl? My favorite line, was when Trump was talking about how many people trying to sneak in and said it was his fault for making the economy so strong that everyone wants to come here.

That is why he is Trump, and nobody else is!
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
Mission146ams288rxwinebeachbumbabs
October 16th, 2018 at 4:33:48 AM permalink
AZ, no disrespect, but I whole heartedly disagree. Bush was a great president in my opinion. He did some things I didn't care for, but all in all I thought he was a good man with a good heart. The media tortured him to no end, and he managed to rise above it. Trump just comes off as petty calling every story that is even slightly negative "Fake News".

I really do feel like the republican party is lost. This is not coming from a RINO. I honestly believe in the value of conservatism, however the fact remains we need leaders of our party that are not sleezeballs. In the end I will take the Ben Shaprio route. I will applaud him when he does right (Which there has been a fair amount of policy wise) and criticize him when he does wrong.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
RS
October 16th, 2018 at 5:43:55 AM permalink
Quote: VCUSkyhawk

AZ, no disrespect, but I whole heartedly disagree. Bush was a great president in my opinion. He did some things I didn't care for, but all in all I thought he was a good man with a good heart. The media tortured him to no end, and he managed to rise above it. Trump just comes off as petty calling every story that is even slightly negative "Fake News".

I really do feel like the republican party is lost. This is not coming from a RINO. I honestly believe in the value of conservatism, however the fact remains we need leaders of our party that are not sleezeballs. In the end I will take the Ben Shaprio route. I will applaud him when he does right (Which there has been a fair amount of policy wise) and criticize him when he does wrong.

But he didn’t “rise above it.” He lost his ability to govern. And that is what the other side wants. For the conservative to sit there and take it until they lose their support.

If the gop is “lost” we are doomed because the Democrat Party has gone mentally ill. Part of my prediction for a very violent 2020s I guess.
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
Mission146
October 16th, 2018 at 6:21:47 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

But he didn’t “rise above it.” He lost his ability to govern.

I don't think we can attribute this all to the media. The fact is the bulk of his presidency we were bogged down into two wars. That will tend to dictate how the rest of your policy goes.

If the gop is “lost” we are doomed because the Democrat Party has gone mentally ill.

Agreed.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 167
October 16th, 2018 at 8:00:19 AM permalink

She took the test, she is not an Indian. Trump correct yet again!

Of course Trump disgraced himself claiming in the most bald faced lie ever he never made a bet.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
TigerWu
TigerWu
Mission146
October 16th, 2018 at 8:27:34 AM permalink

You cannot figure it out because you are a liberal is not living in our world.

I don't know how many times I've told you this, but I'm not a liberal. Or a Democrat.

The rest of your post just made me giggle a little.

Talk about not living in the real world....

Quote: RS

Trump should make a donation for $3,906.25 (1/256'th of a million) just to spite Pocahontas.

That would be hilarious.

He's too cheap to even donate that much, though.

If the gop is “lost” we are doomed because the Democrat Party has gone mentally ill.

They're both lost. Which is why I associate with neither. But for some reason you still do.

EDIT: Oh, man.... Cherokee Nation issues statement on Elizabeth Warren

She should probably just shut up about this and lay low for a week or two... haha...
Last edited by: TigerWu on Oct 16, 2018
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 16th, 2018 at 2:03:43 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

I don't know how many times I've told you this, but I'm not a liberal.

Your posts show otherwise.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 120
Mission146
October 16th, 2018 at 2:05:56 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

Warren wins primary
Trump wins with virtually no challenge.

Trump wins election again with losing popular vote.
GOP wins back house and keeps Senate.

Everyone on here complains that everything is so unfair to Republicans.

Warren is toast. Predictions can go south quickly.

• Jump to: