Thread Rating:

ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
Thanked by
mcallister3200
February 22nd, 2019 at 1:06:19 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Added "white" because "suburban" is code for "white." A liberal dog-whistle if you will. We all know this.

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
February 22nd, 2019 at 1:12:18 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Yeah, sure, your words "disturbed" has to be in there. Then also targets of real people.

Alcoholics likely kill someone with a car by accident before they get around to killing someone intentionally with a gun.

Not that I know what can legally be done in all cases.

Let's say you have a neighbor you know has many guns. You see him regularly acting irrationally. You hear yelling, and threatening people inside his home even though no one is there but him.

Your call. You like that kind of neighbor?

No brainer
call the police
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
February 22nd, 2019 at 1:19:33 PM permalink

Yeah, sure, your words "disturbed" has to be in there. Then also targets of real people.

Alcoholics likely kill someone with a car by accident before they get around to killing someone intentionally with a gun.

Not that I know what can legally be done in all cases.

Let's say you have a neighbor you know has many guns. You see him regularly acting irrationally. You hear yelling, and threatening people inside his home even though no one is there but him.

Your call. You like that kind of neighbor?

You lost me on the first sentence. I started replying to this coastie dude, after another poster seemed dismayed that a coastie with guns hadn't been in the news enough, but a gay dude trying to start race hatred got a lot of coverage. Just displaying my fair treatment in headline story's.

As far as a crazy neighbor goes. I lived next to a clinically [imo] person for years, who called the police on me and my family dozens of times. From my experience, the law protects the insane from the sane. And disarming me would not make the neighborhood safer. Even after the police promised to charge them the next time she levied false claims against me, they stood down, time after time. FYI she was anti gun, but crazier than hell. I think she even poisoned our well one time?
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
Thanked by
RSMinty
February 22nd, 2019 at 2:48:02 PM permalink
Quote: Minty

Yeah I think you're right. On the other hand, the feeling of accomplishment from changing someone's view is huge, and even just learning from them or teaching something is invaluable, in my opinion.

Ain't gonna happen on an internet forum. EB says he doesn't post sources anymore so everything he posts is therefore true. Then he claims critical thinking skills, cites rush as 98-99% correct, reads a stories with citations, opens one on climate change, calls it false because he doesn't believe in climate change, and calls and it fake news.

There are facts in this world. You can be a righty and accept the science of climate change but come up with different solutions that don't mirror democrat solutions. People in the left and right can acknowledge different solutions to factual problems.

This is why for example both sides support the Mueller investigstion... Russia interfered with the election... That's a fact. People have been prosecuted, arrested, and convicted.

It is fine to support someone based on facts that are supportable or even opinions that don't require facts to support (aka I like fat old men leading our country over an old wife of a hack). Denying facts without evidence is foolish.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
February 22nd, 2019 at 3:12:56 PM permalink
Quote: djatc

Here's something that I explained to a few people and it sounds tinfoil-hatty but:

What if the news started to change what happened at events from years ago? Starting with your small local newspaper reporting about a fire 40 years ago at some house. You were there, you saw what happened. The news source changes the story; how it started, who was involved, and other minor things that don't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

These little things that don't matter start to add up. The local election shows the winning candidate with 50.9% of the votes instead of 50.45%. The shooting at ABC high school resolved at 11:35am as a suicide by the shooter after SWAT came into the school instead of 11:00am. Little things changing here and there and over time it adds up to a big issue that we don't question.

I feel the media has so much power at the moment, being able to show us what they want us to see, instead of actually what happened.

Yeah, they have the power to pull this off if they wish.

It's not surprising this hit the best seller list soon after Trump got elected.

EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
February 22nd, 2019 at 4:38:46 PM permalink
Quote: Face

Now go read the last two pages over again.

I won't and please don't make me..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanked by
ams288RS
February 22nd, 2019 at 4:48:20 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

Ain't gonna happen on an internet forum. EB says he doesn't post sources anymore

I post them when I feel like it. Not
for Ams though, it not worth it,
he never reads them.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 23rd, 2019 at 8:10:55 PM permalink
Here's a skeleton in Kreepy Kamala's
closet we din't know about.

Kamala Harris' Father Says Family Descended from a Jamaican Slave Owner

From an article by Kreepy's Dad:

My roots go back, within my lifetime, to my paternal grandmother Miss Chrishy (née Christiana Brown, descendant of Hamilton Brown who is on record as plantation and slave owner and founder of Brown’s Town)

A candidate who's grandmother
owned slaves. That's a new twist
she left off her resume..

(find the source yourself, the story
is all over the place)
Minty
Minty
  • Threads: 7
February 23rd, 2019 at 8:23:17 PM permalink
Not sure how what get grandmother did translates to who she is or what her policies are but that is intriguing, I suppose.
"Just because I'm not doing anything illegal, doesn't mean I won't have to defend myself someday." -Chip Reese
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 23rd, 2019 at 8:33:41 PM permalink

Not sure how what get grandmother did translates to who she is .

We want to tear down statues of
Jefferson and Washington because
they owned slaves. We want to take
their monuments down. Slave
ownership in your family is about
as onerous as it gets.

Kreepy Kamala is from a very wealthy
family that got it's wealth started
with the help of slave ownership.
Her slave owner grandfather had
a town named after him.

Getting the picture now?
Minty
Minty
  • Threads: 7
February 23rd, 2019 at 8:41:13 PM permalink
You raise a good point about us idolizing people from the past and its effect on the present. I think the difference here is the way that people remember those involved with slavery. There's always a huge ruckus from people about taking the statues down because they are historically important, valuable cultural icons or legendary characters. The problem is people take the accomplishments of those people and ignore their faults.

Nobody is idolizing her grandmother. I don't think there's anyone arguing in defense of her family's history. My point is that it's acknowledged here and now without a lasting taint on history like the statues have.
"Just because I'm not doing anything illegal, doesn't mean I won't have to defend myself someday." -Chip Reese
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 23rd, 2019 at 8:51:41 PM permalink

My point is that it's acknowledged here and now without a lasting taint .

The taint is that her family owned slaves at all.
Being from a slave-owning family, is like having
a big fat wad of smelly dog crap stuck on the
bottom of your shoe. Wherever you go, you carry
the stink with you. You can never get rid of it.
Last edited by: EvenBob on Feb 23, 2019
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanked by
MaxPenSteverinos
February 23rd, 2019 at 9:36:10 PM permalink
Who gives a s*** if her grandparent or anyone owned slaves? I mean seriously, that’s like retarded to care about.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
February 23rd, 2019 at 9:51:11 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

the stink with you. You can never get rid of.

You're way over your head in making crap up now.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 23rd, 2019 at 10:50:59 PM permalink

You're way over your head in making crap up now.

Really?

In the article, Harris explained the family’s Jamaican roots, writing:

My roots go back, within my lifetime, to my paternal grandmother Miss Chrishy (née Christiana Brown, descendant of Hamilton Brown who is on record as plantation and slave owner and founder of Brown’s Town) and to my maternal grandmother Miss Iris (née Iris Finegan, farmer and educator, from Aenon Town and Inverness, ancestry unknown to me). The Harris name comes from my paternal grandfather Joseph Alexander Harris, land-owner and agricultural ‘produce’ exporter

https://heavy.com/news/2019/02/donald-harris-kamala-father-dad-jamaican/
rxwine
rxwine
February 23rd, 2019 at 10:55:43 PM permalink
No I'm talking about the nonsense in the part I quoted from you, not their actual history.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 23rd, 2019 at 11:02:40 PM permalink
Quote: RS

Who gives a s*** if her grandparent or anyone owned slaves?.

People care so much they want
founding fathers who owned
slaves removed from history.

Jefferson’s star may be fading. Democrats are erasing his name from political dinners because of his slave-owning history. Abraham Lincoln, almost everyone’s favorite president, “hated Thomas Jefferson,” a Gettysburg College professor explained this summer. After the independent historian Henry Wiencek published a controversial book criticizing the Virginian in 2012, The New York Times called Jefferson “The Monster of Monticello.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2015/08/how-hamilton-recasts-thomas-jefferson-as-a-villain/401669/
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 23rd, 2019 at 11:04:51 PM permalink

No I'm talking about the nonsense

So you think people who's families owned
slaves are celebrated in this country? All
I hear is the opposite.
rxwine
rxwine
February 23rd, 2019 at 11:40:39 PM permalink

So you think people who's families owned
slaves are celebrated in this country? All
I hear is the opposite.

You conflate and confuse living people two generations removed with statues and symbols of an earlier era.

And if you're black or mixed race the only likely shame is probably that you're partially descended from a raped slave. But you have the shame backwards conflating slave owners and their sometimes unfortunate offspring.

That's why I said you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Harris family history is not all that clear anyway, you're going way too far making facts out of the air.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 23rd, 2019 at 11:52:22 PM permalink

you're going way too far making facts out of the air.

What are you taking about, I posted a
link to the story, I made nothing up.

Her father was a professor of economics at Stanford who served as an ... The Harris family is descended from slave-owner Hamilton Brown.

https://canadafreepress.com/article/the-political-blackface-of-senator-kamala-harris
rxwine
rxwine
February 23rd, 2019 at 11:58:34 PM permalink

What are you taking about, I posted a
link to the story, I made nothing up.

Sure you did, this is what you made up.

Quote:

the stink with you. You can never get rid of it.

EvenBob
EvenBob
February 24th, 2019 at 12:49:22 AM permalink

Sure you did, this is what you made up.

I made up my opinion, are you joking?
Who else would make it up. You think
having slave owners in your family
tree is a mark of honor these days?
I constantly hear the founding
fathers denigrated for owning slaves.

I'm dumbfounded by this conversation.
Have I stumbled into an alternate
universe? Go and read some articles
by people who discovered they
have slave owners as relatives and
listen to the horrible guilt they
feel, guilt they can never shake,
especially if the family is wealthy.
rxwine
rxwine
February 24th, 2019 at 1:04:10 AM permalink

Just more bullcrap from you and not what Kamala Harris said about any of this.
rxwine
rxwine
February 24th, 2019 at 1:09:07 AM permalink
Here's a quote from Kamala Harris

Quote:

“I was raised to be an independent woman, not the victim of anything.”

https://slate.com/human-interest/2010/12/kamala-harris-wins-california-ag-race.html
rxwine
rxwine
February 24th, 2019 at 1:23:55 AM permalink
I still don't think Harris will ultimately be the nominee. But I will defend against nonsense about her anyway.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 24th, 2019 at 1:50:34 AM permalink

Just more bullcrap from you and not what Kamala Harris said about any of this.

What has she said about her fam
owning slaves, I haven't seen
anything.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 24th, 2019 at 1:52:35 AM permalink

I still don't think Harris will ultimately be the nominee.

She's unlikable, a total non starter.
But she has an interesting past,
there's so much 'there' there.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanked by
terapined
February 24th, 2019 at 2:21:47 AM permalink

People care so much they want
founding fathers who owned
slaves removed from history.

Jefferson’s star may be fading. Democrats are erasing his name from political dinners because of his slave-owning history. Abraham Lincoln, almost everyone’s favorite president, “hated Thomas Jefferson,” a Gettysburg College professor explained this summer. After the independent historian Henry Wiencek published a controversial book criticizing the Virginian in 2012, The New York Times called Jefferson “The Monster of Monticello.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2015/08/how-hamilton-recasts-thomas-jefferson-as-a-villain/401669/

You do realize that one person isn’t the same as another person, right?

For example, my grandfather and I are not the same person. My mom and her mom aren’t the same person, either. You and your father are also different people, too. The same applies to every other person and their family members, including Kamala Harris. Hopefully this makes sense, if not, I really don’t think I can explain it any simpler. To be fair, it’s a pretty damn simple concept anyway.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
February 24th, 2019 at 4:43:40 AM permalink
Bob, I think you are overplaying this card here. As long as Kamala’s actions and political record are Progressive or Liberal enough her having slave owning grandparents does not transmute to her.
I think her sleeping with an older guy who eventually got her public jobs and kickstarted her political career is why I consider her unfit for office.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
aceofspades
February 24th, 2019 at 5:17:10 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Bob, I think you are overplaying this card here. As long as Kamala’s actions and political record are Progressive or Liberal enough her having slave owning grandparents does not transmute to her.
I think her sleeping with an older guy who eventually got her public jobs and kickstarted her political career is why I consider her unfit for office.

IMHO, EB is just making a point. The City of Chicago made any bank doing business with the city look back to see if they ever "profited" from slavery. This was of course praised by the liberal race-industrial complex, same people who would rather the recent hoax racist attack to have been real. But I digress.

These banks had to see if they ever banked with slave owners or maybe insured a cargo of slaves. Several did. They all had to cough up cash and write gushing press releases apologizing for stuff they had nothing to do with.

So if that is the standard for one set of people, shouldn't it be for Kamala?

EB, am I right here?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
rxwine
rxwine
February 24th, 2019 at 6:43:43 AM permalink

So if that is the standard for one set of people, shouldn't it be for Kamala?

Was something proven about her needing to cough up assets? Where and when was this?

Otherwise no, that's just a reckless charge.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
February 24th, 2019 at 7:06:31 AM permalink

Was something proven about her needing to cough up assets? Where and when was this?

People profited from slavery, as did businesses. Should we be concerned about that at this point or not?

Perhaps consistency in message is the point. However, we can't hold everyone accountable for how Chicago decided to handle things.

My opinion is that we should keep moving on and working to make lives better for ALL of our legal citizens and immigrants within a framework that gives them a chance to succeed, not a guarantee, and a safety net just big enough to help those who truly can't provide for themselves.

Calling people names, removing statues, and the like all distract from doing anything to help anyone.

Yes, I include President Trump in the lot of people that need to spend less time saying crap about others and more time doing their job.

One negative of having a whole lot of Presidential candidates that are also in Congress is that they will get less done in the job they are being paid to do. If it were up to me, they should resign and be replaced when they decide to run for a higher office. Right now they can keep their high-paying job, ignore it as needed, and go back to it should they lose, Since each President operates with a huge staff and makes their own decisions based on input from staff, they get a pass to run for re-election.

Congress is a deliberative body that fails miserably and cedes power to the President regularly.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
February 24th, 2019 at 7:09:46 AM permalink

We want to tear down statues of
Jefferson and Washington because
they owned slaves. We want to take
their monuments down. Slave
ownership in your family is about
as onerous as it gets.

Kreepy Kamala is from a very wealthy
family that got it's wealth started
with the help of slave ownership.
Her slave owner grandfather had
a town named after him.

Getting the picture now?

No, "we" don't want to tear them down.

Did you know that a lot of the divisive political stuff you're spewing the last few weeks is being generated by Russians seeking to disrupt the primary process?

It's true. Look around. The story is all over the Internet.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
February 24th, 2019 at 7:10:03 AM permalink

Exactly! See Ben Affleck https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/587075/Ben-Affleck-slavery-ancestors-controversy-Finding-Your-Roots-Sony-hack
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 24th, 2019 at 7:14:01 AM permalink

Sorry to burst your bubble, but is is a fact:

New Chicago law requires firms to tell slavery links.

The bank I worked at bought someone who bought someone who wrote an insurance policy or something for a cargo of slaves and ended up coughing up cash and writing an apology that made management look like a bunch of fairies apologizing for something nobody ever knew happened. Mine was not the only place.

Will Kamala apologize?
rxwine
rxwine
February 24th, 2019 at 8:56:13 AM permalink

Sorry to burst your bubble, but is is a fact:

New Chicago law requires firms to tell slavery links.

The bank I worked at bought someone who bought someone who wrote an insurance policy or something for a cargo of slaves and ended up coughing up cash and writing an apology that made management look like a bunch of fairies apologizing for something nobody ever knew happened. Mine was not the only place.

Will Kamala apologize?

I didn't question whether anything happened in Chicago, I was asking whether there was a charge from an actual known history. She's also not a firm or a bank.
Or course you can accuse someone of something without any real investigating, which just means, it's campaign season.
lildevilLucy
lildevilLucy
  • Threads: 1
Thanked by
aceofspadesRonCRSAxelWolf
February 24th, 2019 at 9:21:30 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

"18 hit me, 19 hit me, 20 hit me, 21 hit me" - homer simpson
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 24th, 2019 at 10:05:06 AM permalink
Quote: RS

You do realize that one person isn’t the same as another person, right?.

Tell that to the people making a
huge deal about past slave
ownership. Having that in your
family tree is not and never will
be a point in your favor, especially
if your family is still profiting from
it today. If the foundation of their
fortune was started on the backs
of slaves.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 24th, 2019 at 10:12:14 AM permalink

They all had to cough up cash and write gushing press releases apologizing for stuff they had nothing to do with. So if that is the standard for one set of people, shouldn't it be for Kamala? EB, am I right here?

That's the standard these days, of course
she should apologize. Over and over.
EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanked by
aceofspades
February 24th, 2019 at 10:19:55 AM permalink

Was something proven about her needing to cough up assets?

Can you imagine if this turned up
in the Trump family tree, that his
family fortune had slaves involved
in it? Oh my dear god, they would
be screaming from the rooftops
demanding he give it all away
as reparations.

Everyone reading this knows it's
true, it would be on every cable
news network forever. But because
it's Kamala, meh, who cares..
EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanked by
petroglyph
February 24th, 2019 at 10:27:14 AM permalink

Did you know that a lot of the divisive political stuff you're spewing

Just reporting what's in the news. Why is
anything negative about a Dem 'divisive',
but if it's about Trump anything that
denigrates him is fair play.

Story starts 1:20 in:

RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
February 24th, 2019 at 10:46:57 AM permalink

No, "we" don't want to tear them down.

Did you know that a lot of the divisive political stuff you're spewing the last few weeks is being generated by Russians seeking to disrupt the primary process?

How do we deal with this issue?

Yes, the Russians do meddle in elections (by the way, so do we...).

We should 100% try to stop them and not allow them to influence our elections. The Chinese and anyone else meddling, too.

Here is the rub--if information is true and is significant, how do we handle it? Let's say our regular news sources report on it, but the meddling bastards provide some extra fuel to the fire...what happens?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 24th, 2019 at 10:49:26 AM permalink

Just reporting what's in the news. Why is
anything negative about a Dem 'divisive',
but if it's about Trump anything that
denigrates him is fair play.

Because all animals are equal but some are more equal than others?

EvenBob
EvenBob
February 24th, 2019 at 10:57:43 AM permalink

Because all animals are equal but some are more equal than others?

I'm boycotting all things Russian. No
more Tolstoy, no more Russian porn.
They do have beautiful women, I'll
give them that. I'm a hypocrite, I'm
drinking Russian vodka at night. Damn
them and their great vodka..
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 24th, 2019 at 11:06:41 AM permalink

I'm boycotting all things Russian. No
more Tolstoy, no more Russian porn.
They do have beautiful women, I'll
give them that. I'm a hypocrite, I'm

Luckily the Dem primary is such a circus we don't need no stinking Russians.

You're right, beautiful women, though. I should have tried harder with a Russian mail-order bride in the late 1990s.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 24th, 2019 at 11:16:55 AM permalink

Luckily the Dem primary is such a circus .

Speaking of that, this story is everywhere.
Why is the Left pig piling on poor Amy.

"Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn., is facing additional allegations of abusing her staff after a report Friday said the presidential candidate berated an aide for forgetting to bring utensils — forcing the lawmaker to eat a salad with a comb. The episode happened in 2008 while the lawmaker was traveling with aides to South Carolina and a staffer bought a salad for Klobuchar while carrying bags through the airport, The New York Times reported." https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/klobuchar-ate-her-salad-comb-report-says-n974746

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u999Ymd9ls

It was originally in the NY Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/22/us/politics/amy-klobuchar-staff.html

https://www.msnbc.com/david-gura/watch/nyt-rpt-begs-question-how-do-you-eat-a-salad-with-a-comb-1447243331863
rxwine
rxwine
February 24th, 2019 at 11:50:58 AM permalink

Can you imagine if this turned up
in the Trump family tree, that his
family fortune had slaves involved
in it?

No, you only really focus into the ancestor's past when you can find little wrongdoing in the present. Not a problem with the Trumps.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 24th, 2019 at 12:09:27 PM permalink

Not a problem with the Trumps.

So you think that a president that's
called a bigot multiple times daily
in the media, that same media
would just brush aside slave ownership
in Trump's family tree?

They would be reporting it with glee
24/7, mile wide grins on their faces.
rxwine
rxwine
February 24th, 2019 at 12:21:04 PM permalink

So you think that a president that's
called a bigot multiple times daily
in the media, that same media
would just brush aside slave ownership
in Trump's family tree?

They would be reporting it with glee
24/7, mile wide grins on their faces.

I know Trump himself would mention he's a descendent of Abe Lincoln way more often than anyone would care if that was true. Even have Abe on a fake Time Magazine with him probably. Even call in as a fake person to brag about it.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
February 24th, 2019 at 12:39:34 PM permalink

I'm a hypocrite, I'm

Try Tito's vodka. Pretty good and made in Texas.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
  • Jump to: