Thread Rating:

billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
March 8th, 2019 at 9:09:19 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

The was a resolution condemning a whole bunch of things, including anti-semitism, not simply on condeming anti-semitism alone or the person who made the statement. The "Nay" votes were a response to turning what seemed to be a simple condemnation of a statement into something watered-down.

I actually listened to the debate on the motion. No one expressed anything but condemnation of anti-semitism. The Democrat Leadership failed to bring a "clean" resolution to the floor and were rightfully given a hard time about it.

I think a "clean" resolution, condemning only the action of Omar, would likely have passed without a "Nay" vote.

You mean it would have gotten all the gop votes.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
billryan
billryan
March 8th, 2019 at 9:11:45 AM permalink
White House Communications resigns this morning. Secretary of the Air Force does ,as well.
As Michael Ray said- The ship be sinking.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
March 8th, 2019 at 9:18:27 AM permalink

The was a resolution condemning a whole bunch of things, including anti-semitism, not simply on condeming anti-semitism alone or the person who made the statement. The "Nay" votes were a response to turning what seemed to be a simple condemnation of a statement into something watered-down.

I actually listened to the debate on the motion. No one expressed anything but condemnation of anti-semitism. The Democrat Leadership failed to bring a "clean" resolution to the floor and were rightfully given a hard time about it.

I think a "clean" resolution, condemning only the action of Omar, would likely have passed without a "Nay" vote.

Steve King would have still voted "present". It was as much about him, probably more, than it was about Omar. And certainly a shot across Trump's bow in the form they passed.

There are still many decent Republicans trying to navigate these waters. I hope their nerve only grows in calling out bad behavior from anyone.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
March 8th, 2019 at 9:20:02 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

White House Communications resigns this morning. Secretary of the Air Force does ,as well.

This is huge news!! I can't believe that someone would want to get out of the rat race of working in the Pentagon and becoming the President of UTEP.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
March 8th, 2019 at 9:22:54 AM permalink

Half true (what this indicates). SecAF was the sole candidate for Chancellor of a Texas university.

But Shine is resigning to run the re-election Communications. There are all sorts of laws about campaign activities from within the WH or any govt bldgs, as well as Hatch Act constraints in govt workers. They are strictly enforced (from personal experience) even in a Trump administration.

He's not leaving, he's doubling down and then some on Trump. And bringing the full resources of state news and propaganda arm of the government Fox News to the fight.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 8th, 2019 at 9:23:12 AM permalink

One day after 23 Republicans voted no on a resolution condemning anti-semitism,their noble leader accuses the Democrats of being the party of anti-Semitism. Nuff said.

A useless resolution condemning hate and does nothing for the business of the USA.

Now, had it actually called out the anti-simitic remarks that caused it we might have something. Of course that would mean calling out a female muslim, and the Democrat Party cannot have that!

If I were in Congress I would have just not shown up for such a waste of time vote.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
RonC
RonC
March 8th, 2019 at 9:28:01 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Steve King would have still voted "present". It was as much about him, probably more, than it was about Omar. And certainly a shot across Trump's bow in the form they passed.

There are still many decent Republicans trying to navigate these waters. I hope their nerve only grows in calling out bad behavior from anyone.

Steve King was properly named in a resolution condemning him. He was also marginalized by his party by not being seated on any committees. He is a turd and should be removed from office by his constituents--surely they can find someone who can represent them without his particular brand of stupidity.

Omar should have been named and the resolution should have been for her comment and that alone.

They take every other opportunity to take shots at Trump. This was an opportunity to firmly tell Omar that she was wrong instead of watering it down.
billryan
billryan
March 8th, 2019 at 9:29:50 AM permalink

This is huge news!! I can't believe that someone would want to get out of the rat race of working in the Pentagon and becoming the President of UTEP.

Yeah, because the University of Texas El Paso is one of those prestigious universities that everyone aspires to lead. Nothing to do with a little thing called Space Force.
RonC
RonC
March 8th, 2019 at 9:31:38 AM permalink

And bringing the full resources of state news and propaganda arm of the government Fox News to the fight.

You mean like the other ones that get "tingling in their legs"?

If you really think Fox is a propaganda machine, fine. That is your opinion. What about the other propaganda machines?
RonC
RonC
March 8th, 2019 at 9:33:00 AM permalink

Yeah, because the University of Texas El Paso is one of those prestigious universities that everyone aspires to lead. Nothing to do with a little thing called Space Force.

She disagreed with the President. If you work for someone and disagree with him on an issue, it is always your right to resign.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
March 8th, 2019 at 9:38:53 AM permalink
Re: Shine. David Axelrod did the same thing during Obama's first term.

Quote: wiki

After Obama's election, Axelrod was appointed as Senior Advisor to the President.[1] Axelrod left the White House position in early 2011 and became the Senior Strategist for Obama's successful re-election campaign in 2012.

beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
March 8th, 2019 at 9:47:12 AM permalink

Steve King was properly named in a resolution condemning him. He was also marginalized by his party by not being seated on any committees. He is a turd and should be removed from office by his constituents--surely they can find someone who can represent them without his particular brand of stupidity.

Omar should have been named and the resolution should have been for her comment and that alone.

They take every other opportunity to take shots at Trump. This was an opportunity to firmly tell Omar that she was wrong instead of watering it down.

I lived 9 years in Steve King's district. Graduated high school there. He is EXTREMELY representative of his turd constituency, so I don't hold much hope they'll find someone better - not that he's good.

Omar is bright. She meant to say dog whistles, I think, but I also think her remarks were both open to interpretation and reflective of a rising and well-documented trend in hate speech and intolerance from all sides. So I don't think a single-point resolution would have sufficiently addressed the issue. A broader statement of purpose had its place in the process, providing both a rebuke, and a pre-emptive line in the sand.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
March 8th, 2019 at 10:46:06 AM permalink
I wish people would read what Omar actually said, versus what Aipac claims she said.

also: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-03-08/ilhan-omar-blasts-obama-caging-kids-along-border-getting-away-murder-overseas
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
Thanked by
RogerKint
March 8th, 2019 at 10:53:01 AM permalink
I like how Omar made the crack about
Jews and Benjamin's. That's what it
always comes down to, smart Jews
who control money, and jealous dummies
who don't. Has nothing to do with religion
and more to do with hating your Jewish
landlord or Jewish banker because he's
more successful than you.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
ams288
ams288 
  • Threads: 22
March 8th, 2019 at 10:59:04 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Yup.

Let's not forget this anti-Semitic tweet from.... *checks notes* .... Donald Trump:

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
  • Threads: 10
March 8th, 2019 at 11:01:19 AM permalink
Former KKK Grand Wizard David Duke heaps praise on Rep. Ilhan Omar
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/mar/7/david-duke-praises-rep-ilhan-omar/

Quote:

Rep. Ilhan Omar, Minnesota Democrat, has an ally of a new stripe in the furor over her use of anti-Semitic tropes regarding Israel and its American supporters — David Duke.

In a Thursday podcast at his site, the former Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard spoke out strongly in favor of the Muslim Congresswoman who has accused Jewish lawmakers of dual loyalty, attributed support for Israel to foreign money, and said Israel has “hypnotized” the world.

“By defiance to Z.O.G. Ilhan Omar is NOW the most important Member of the US Congress!” Mr. Duke wrote on his site, using the acronym for “Zionist Occupation Government,” a term anti-Semites use to refer to the U.S. government as secretly controlled by Jews.

new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
petroglyph
petroglyph
March 8th, 2019 at 11:02:37 AM permalink
""Why are we doing this?" asked Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman (D-NJ), who said that a resolution would be "redundant and unnecessary," likely referring to the January 11 rebuke of Omar after she accused the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) of contributing to pro-Israel politicians.

Oh how awful!
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
March 8th, 2019 at 11:17:17 AM permalink
At least Omar tells the truth as she sees it for right or wrong. That is not representative of her district where I lived for 23 years, it is more known for passive aggressive backstabbing while being nice to your face, hence the term “Minnesota nice.” She’ll almost certainly be replaced in office by another democrat first chance they get.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
March 8th, 2019 at 12:36:07 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

At least Omar tells the truth as she sees it for right or wrong. That is not representative of her district where I lived for 23 years, it is more known for passive aggressive backstabbing while being nice to your face, hence the term “Minnesota nice.” She’ll almost certainly be replaced in office by another democrat first chance they get.

I disagree, she’s in as long as she wants. And until she desides to run for Senate or President.

Wake up, America is now a melting pot of every person on Earth. She represents the new America where if you are not Gay, Black, Female, Arab or anything other than Old White Guy, you are the future.

It’s why Biden, Bernie and the idiot Sherlock has no chance in 2030. May be enough “racists” to get Trump re-elected but he is the last.

Party hard with everything you have while you have it. And if you don’t have it, you totally F’D up and have made bad decisions in life. Anyone over 50 who isn’t worth millions has only themselves to blame.

Anyone with common sense is finding ways to cash out and live off the underground economy. Honestly no reason to work hard anymore. Sadly good middle class people on both sides are the last to figure it out,
Boz
Boz
March 8th, 2019 at 12:52:30 PM permalink
And on point, let’s face it, we have more than our share of people on here living off others, not paying their “fair share”. No way to prove it, but most will agree we have members not reporting every win. Not reporting every EBay transaction, not reporting every Yard Sale or storage locker find. And we have some collecting government benefits they may be eligible for, but could do without them if they worked harder or reported all income.

So any member here who falls into this category shouldn’t be able to complain about America as it stands without looking in the mirror.

Living your life as you choose is cool, and scamming others while following the rules is even better.

But I doubt the majority of members here can honestly say that. But then again, America is filled with choices. It’s what makes it the envy of the world.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
Thanked by
Bozbeachbumbabs
March 8th, 2019 at 5:05:21 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Wake up, America is now a melting pot of every person on Earth.

This exactly why this is the greatest country on the planet

Mostly white Green Bay (if you are black, you are either passing through or a Packer)
Or
Manhattan, where you hear every language on the planet spoken on the streets
Both are America, one area is not more American then the other area
Both are what makes this a great country
petroglyph
petroglyph
March 8th, 2019 at 5:06:23 PM permalink

I can't even find the complete quote by Omar. Hundreds of opinions about what she actually said, but her tweet has disappeared? She was talking about Aipac influence over congressional members, and her words have been twisted to mean anti Jewish.

And OAC supports what she said: https://nypost.com/2019/03/05/ocasio-cortez-defends-ilhan-omars-tweets-about-israel/
Boz
Boz
March 8th, 2019 at 5:26:53 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

This exactly why this is the greatest country on the planet

Mostly white Green Bay (if you are black, you are either passing through or a Packer)
Or
Manhattan, where you hear every language on the planet spoken on the streets
Both are America, one area is not more American then the other area
Both are what makes this a great country

I don’t disagree my friend. But live with the principles this country was founded upon.

Opportunities abound for those willing to take advantage of them.

Sadly some are willing to reward poor decisions and laziness.

Many illegals are willing to work harder than those born and raised here looking to take advantage of the system.

Eliminate any and all welfare for corporations and all able bodied individuals and America changes.

And being 400 pounds is not a disability.
terapined
terapined
March 8th, 2019 at 5:30:37 PM permalink

I don’t disagree my friend. But live with the principles this country was founded upon.
Opportunities abound for those willing to take advantage of them.
Sadly some are willing to reward poor decisions and laziness.
Many illegals are willing to work harder than those born and raised here looking to take advantage of the system.
Eliminate any and all welfare for corporations and all able bodied individuals and America changes.
And being 400 pounds is not a disability.

Lets start with the f****d up tax system we have
I have no doubt I paid more taxes then Trump
How f****d up is that
Boz
Boz
March 8th, 2019 at 5:37:04 PM permalink

How f****d up is that

Not sure where you get your numbers on Trump, I have no clue..

But I know I pay more in Federal Income Tax than 99% of Americans and I’m in no way in the 99%. That’s not fair by any measure.

But I also have an issue with anyone paying ZERO in FIT and getting money back above what they had withheld.

The system from top to bottom needs fixed.

Skin the game, everyone taxed from dollar one. No deductions, no free rides.

Hope to see you at Valspar in 2 weeks. Need a ticket, let me know.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 8th, 2019 at 5:39:20 PM permalink

How f****d up is that

Here's one tax I damn well know Trump
paid. He has 22,500 employees. For every
one of those that works in the US, he had
to match the amount they took out for
FICA taxes.

Social security and Medicare taxes, also known as FICA taxes must be withheld from your employees' wages. As an employer, you must also pay a matching amount of FICA taxes for your employees. Currently the social security tax rate is 6.2%. ...

So right there he payed millions in taxes
last year. Did you? Billionaires in business
pay thru the nose on taxes you've never
even heard of.
terapined
terapined
Thanked by
BozRS
March 8th, 2019 at 5:45:10 PM permalink

Not sure where you get your numbers on Trump, I have no clue..
But I know I pay more in Federal Income Tax than 99% of Americans and I’m in no way in the 99%. That’s not fair by any measure.
But I also have an issue with anyone paying ZERO in FIT and getting money back above what they had withheld.
The system from top to bottom needs fixed.
Skin the game, everyone taxed from dollar one. No deductions, no free rides.
Hope to see you at Valspar in 2 weeks. Need a ticket, let me know.

Watch Golf? Appreciate the offer but would rather play despite sucking at it.
Recently dislocated my elbow. its now held together by titanium
I have not played since the dislocation, kind of curious what its done to my swing, I cant imagine playing worse
If you want to play, round is on me, I still owe you
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
SanchoPanza
March 8th, 2019 at 7:35:17 PM permalink

Here's one tax I damn well know Trump
paid. He has 22,500 employees. For every
one of those that works in the US, he had
to match the amount they took out for
FICA taxes.

Social security and Medicare taxes, also known as FICA taxes must be withheld from your employees' wages. As an employer, you must also pay a matching amount of FICA taxes for your employees. Currently the social security tax rate is 6.2%. ...

So right there he payed millions in taxes
last year. Did you? Billionaires in business
pay thru the nose on taxes you've never
even heard of.

Any average person that thinks they are paying more taxes than Trump has no idea how taxes work.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
March 8th, 2019 at 9:29:45 PM permalink

Omar is bright. She meant to say dog whistles, I think, but I also think her remarks were both open to interpretation and reflective of a rising and well-documented trend in hate speech and intolerance from all sides.

Pelosi excused her today by saying she "doesn't understand" English. With this impediment she was voted into Congress?
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 8th, 2019 at 10:02:29 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Any average person that thinks they are paying more taxes than Trump has no idea how taxes work.

So of course they have their tax attorneys
find every loophole they can to relieve
the huge tax burden. They'll never pay
40% off the top in personal income tax,
they aren't idiots. You didn't get to
be a billionaire by being stupid
about money.

I've been an employer, it hurts like hell
to pay matching FICA taxes. It's a major
reason people go to jail for tax fraud.
Messing around with the withholding
from their employee's wages. It's very
easy to do and it takes the IRS usually
3 years to catch you. But you will go
to jail and spend years paying back all
the money on top of fines and penalties.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 8th, 2019 at 11:08:41 PM permalink
Electoral College Replacement Going Nowhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqu-HuMD81g
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
March 9th, 2019 at 4:47:06 AM permalink

Watch Golf? Appreciate the offer but would rather play despite sucking at it.
Recently dislocated my elbow. its now held together by titanium
I have not played since the dislocation, kind of curious what its done to my swing, I cant imagine playing worse
If you want to play, round is on me, I still owe you

Ed, you should take him up on his offer! It is truly amazing what the pros can do. If you have never gone it is definitely worth seeing at least once.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
March 9th, 2019 at 6:24:35 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Ed, you should take him up on his offer! It is truly amazing what the pros can do. If you have never gone it is definitely worth seeing at least once.

The first time I went, I went to a senior tour event. I still was bowled over. Or golfed over?
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 9th, 2019 at 6:36:58 AM permalink
Two distinct memories. 20 + years ago went to Firestone T o C in Akron. Early hole, Steve Elkington drives into thick rough. Has 200 or so yards uphill to well protected green. I can get pretty close to the ball and try and figure where I would chip out to; could I hack it out to less than 150 yards to the hole. He takes an iron, I think a 4, and gouges it out of the miserable lie onto the green.
John Daly blasts a long drive on downhill par 4. Only has around 100 yards but it behind a really tall tree. He can easily get under it but there is a creek right in front of the green so I don't think you can run it up. He takes out some form of wedge, and proceeds to hit it OVER the tree that I never even conceived as a possibility! Lands like a dead duck on the green 8 feet from the hole. (He missed the putt...)
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
Thanked by
ams288tringlomaneRogerKint
March 10th, 2019 at 3:49:59 AM permalink
Minty
Minty
  • Threads: 7
March 10th, 2019 at 5:46:04 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

I love Cyanide and Happiness.
"Just because I'm not doing anything illegal, doesn't mean I won't have to defend myself someday." -Chip Reese
terapined
terapined
March 10th, 2019 at 6:43:58 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Yup
I used to vote republican
Voting since the 1970's
Obama was the 1st Dem I ever voted for in my life
Republican party is no longer fiscally conservative. They lost my vote
Republicans no longer care about balancing the budget
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 10th, 2019 at 11:57:54 AM permalink
Soooo typical of Libs wanna be Socialists. They
want everybody but them to pay the taxes.

Company Founded by Ocasio-Cortez in 2012 Still Owes $1,870 in Taxes

https://nypost.com/2019/03/09/company-founded-by-ocasio-cortez-in-2012-still-owes-1870-in-taxes/
ams288
ams288 
March 10th, 2019 at 12:55:51 PM permalink
“Joe Biden is too old to run for president.”

terapined
terapined
March 10th, 2019 at 12:56:27 PM permalink

1870.00 in taxes

A large font regarding an amount that is peanuts
ROTFL
EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanked by
AZDuffman
March 10th, 2019 at 1:01:28 PM permalink

A large font regarding an amount that is peanuts
ROTFL

So she can ignore taxes owed but
the rest of have to overpay to
support her lazy ass? I get it now,
typical Socialist attitude.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
March 10th, 2019 at 1:29:24 PM permalink
When did this geezer take over?

There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Hullabaloo
Hullabaloo
March 10th, 2019 at 2:37:32 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

When did this geezer take over?

You've got to admit that he's got pretty impressive man boobs though.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 10th, 2019 at 4:02:25 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

At least we agree on something. Biden is WAY too old to be running for a first term as President. He has shown signs of mental decline over the past few years. Trump is too old as well, but honestly, I think his age is one of his smallest problems with fitness for the job. Biden, on the other hand, would have been a great choice a decade ago, but I think his age is now a disqualifier.
It felt like Obama was the perfect age.
terapined
terapined
March 10th, 2019 at 4:06:31 PM permalink

So she can ignore taxes owed but
the rest of have to overpay to
support her lazy ass? I get it now,
typical Socialist attitude.

Of course the joke goes over your head
I made no such statement regarding a position
Just laughing at your gigantic font on such a small amount
What's next, another gigantic font on a jaywalking video
We are adults here, no need to scream with gigantic fonts
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Thanked by
Steverinosgamerfreaktringlomane
March 11th, 2019 at 10:08:31 AM permalink
I am often asked is there any Democrat I could vote for for President. Buttigieg, the openly gay mayor of South Bend sounded SO GOOD last night on a CNN Q and A that I would vote for him over our current President. Just a certain maturity, a feeling that he'd be wiling to listen to both sides of an issue. Balanced a budget in his job, too. Military background as well.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
March 11th, 2019 at 10:48:28 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Hmmm. Nice mannaries there, grampa. Perhaps you might add a wife-beater to that look, spare us the nips?
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Thanked by
EvenBob
March 11th, 2019 at 10:58:58 AM permalink
Pictures of someone you and I consider unfit for office do zero to support that voting people into office who are already beyond average life expectancy when they get there isn’t a preposterous idea.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 11th, 2019 at 11:02:13 AM permalink

Hmmm. Nice mannaries there, grampa. Perhaps you might add a wife-beater to that look, spare us the nips?

Impeach!! Yet Obama and his ears and
and halfback/man looking wife were
off limits for 8 years..
ams288
ams288 
March 11th, 2019 at 12:34:43 PM permalink

Impeach!! Yet Obama and his ears and
and halfback/man looking wife were
off limits for 8 years..

Looks like someone is TRIGGERED by Donald’s man-boobs.
  • Jump to: