They needed a poll for that?

LOL
Fighting BS one post at a time!
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
March 13th, 2014 at 1:10:07 PM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

LOL! The sad part though is that even if we could do a re-vote, low information voters would STILL support Obama!

As a Democrat, I'd STILL support Obama over any Republican.

If that makes me a "low information voter," so be it! lol
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
March 13th, 2014 at 1:22:07 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

I believe that the Democrats were in a good position to hold their power through 2014's election cycle but now they will spend way too much time running away from the President. Having a "tough" year does not necessarily equate to a "losing" one.

Yep, Obama had BOTH houses of Congress, but he blew it. Thank god the "objective" mainstream media had his back.

Quote: ams288

As a Democrat, I'd STILL support Obama over any Republican.

If that makes me a "low information voter," so be it! lol

LL speaking.
ams288
ams288
March 13th, 2014 at 1:27:45 PM permalink

LL speaking.

lol grow up. I'm glad I've had such a negative affect on you.

Ya know, I'd have more some respect for you if you didn't send me angry cry-baby PMs and then block me from responding.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 13th, 2014 at 1:33:36 PM permalink

Ya know, I'd have more some respect for you if you didn't send me angry cry-baby PMs and then block me from responding.

I don't block anybody on here. (LL verified) LOL!
ams288
ams288
March 13th, 2014 at 1:58:09 PM permalink

I don't block anybody on here. (LL verified) LOL!

But I couldn't reply to your whiny PM. Maybe you should change your settings, tough guy.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 13th, 2014 at 2:17:55 PM permalink
Nothing whiny at all about it. I simply PM'd you because you caused that thread to get locked, and I couldn't respond on the forum. As for settings, I don't know what you're talking about. I have no one blocked & accept all PM's.

In any case, maybe I should bow out of this conversation. You people always tend to get angry whenever someone disagrees with you, and it sounds like you're getting awfully mad right now. lol...

Later.
ams288
ams288
March 13th, 2014 at 2:27:13 PM permalink

Nothing whiny at all about it. I simply PM'd you because you caused that thread to get locked, and I couldn't respond on the forum. As for settings, I don't know what you're talking about. I have no one blocked & accept all PM's.

In any case, maybe I should bow out of this conversation. You people always tend to get angry whenever someone disagrees with you, and it sounds like you're getting awfully mad right now. lol...

Later.

I'll bow out after this post as well.

I'm not mad. I'm just beginning to think you're a compulsive liar. When I tried responding to your PM, I got a message saying you have chosen not to receive PMs. That is 100% the truth. Maybe you have a setting on and you don't realize it.

And the only time you ever made me mad was when you called me a hypocrite based on absolutely nothing but your assumptions.

I've never been mad enough to mention you in my signature. *coughcough*
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
March 14th, 2014 at 5:40:32 PM permalink
I know the Republicans are always worried about the "takers" fleecing the "makers" with Obama in charge. So, what's the lowdown? Here we go:

Quote:

The number of U.S. households with a net worth of $1 million or more, excluding primary residence, rose to 9.63 million in 2013, according to a new report from Spectrem Group, a consulting and research firm.

That's more than a 600,000 leap up from 2012, and the highest number on record.

Quote:

The ultra-wealthy weren't lagging behind. Walper said both the number of households with a net worth of $5 million and above and $25 million or more reached the highest numbers since Spectrem started tracking the figures.

There were 1.24 million households with a net worth of $5 million or more last year, up from 840,000 in 2008. Those with $25 million and above climbed to 132,000 in 2013, up from 84,000 in 2008.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/03/14/news/economy/us-millionaires-households/index.html?iid=s_mpm
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 15th, 2014 at 3:26:38 AM permalink
Another tangent. A person can receive a pay raise and still get "fleeced". *facepalm*
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
March 15th, 2014 at 5:50:06 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I know the Republicans are always worried about the "takers" fleecing the "makers" with Obama in charge. So, what's the lowdown? Here we go:

http://money.cnn.com/2014/03/14/news/economy/us-millionaires-households/index.html?iid=s_mpm

How about we keep the reporting fair and balanced here?"

Quote:

In the past five years alone, the number of households on food stamps has greatly increased. In fiscal year 2009 – Oct. 1, 2008 through Sept. 30, 2009 -- the number of households on food stamps was 15,232,115. Five years later, in 2013, that amount had increased by 51.3% to reach 23,052,388 households.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ali-meyer/record-20-households-food-stamps-2013
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 15th, 2014 at 9:35:56 PM permalink
If anyone is wondering how "smart" Americans are, this should answer that question:

Poll: Twice as many Americans say sugar is more harmful than marijuana

These are the people who will elect the next president, my friends!!
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 17th, 2014 at 12:44:44 AM permalink
Poll: 2016 Republican Primary

Rand Paul 16%
Paul Ryan 15%
Rick Perry 11%
Mike Huckabee 10%
Jeb Bush 9%
Chris Christie 8%
Ted Cruz 8%
Marco Rubio 5%
Rick Santorum 3%

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/03/16/cnn-poll-rand-paul-goes-where-his-father-never-went
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 17th, 2014 at 2:15:07 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Keep tap dancing.

Brilliant comeback. lol

Anyway, getting back on topic after letting that tangent slip in, here's an article on Chris Christie's approval rating, which sits at 41%:

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/03/chris_christies_approval_rating_flips_in_new_poll.html
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
March 17th, 2014 at 7:28:59 AM permalink
Quote: SOOooo

Also... can a moderator please split this thread as I see the title is Election 2016. Thank you.

Ugh. Gonna take a bit to unravel it. Hopefully we can keep the topic on hold while I do so. Gimme a few minutes...

OK, new thread can be found here
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
bigfoot66
bigfoot66
  • Threads: 54
March 17th, 2014 at 8:28:42 AM permalink

Poll: 2016 Republican Primary

Rand Paul 16%
Paul Ryan 15%
Rick Perry 11%
Mike Huckabee 10%
Jeb Bush 9%
Chris Christie 8%
Ted Cruz 8%
Marco Rubio 5%
Rick Santorum 3%

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/03/16/cnn-poll-rand-paul-goes-where-his-father-never-went

Hell Yeah Bro.
Vote for Nobody 2020!
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 21st, 2014 at 12:55:27 PM permalink
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 21st, 2014 at 1:21:12 PM permalink
Poll: Hillary Clinton's top selling point in 2016? She's female

I can only think of one word in response: *facepalm*
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
March 21st, 2014 at 1:47:53 PM permalink

Interesting. I don't think being female helped out Sarah Palin or Geraldine Ferraro too much.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
March 21st, 2014 at 3:03:00 PM permalink

I can only think of one word in response: *facepalm*

The push to get the "first" anything in politics is ruining good candidates, and it seems to be coming from the Democrats more then Republicans..... I vote myself the first Asian non-US professional gambler president. First order I will move the treasury funds into my own checking account.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 21st, 2014 at 5:37:08 PM permalink
Quote: Dalex64

Interesting. I don't think being female helped out Sarah Palin or Geraldine Ferraro too much.

+1

Exactly. That's what makes it so ridiculous.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
March 23rd, 2014 at 4:06:00 AM permalink
You think that we would get that the chance to elect the "first" just because it is a "first" may be a great selling point but it leads to a poor result.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 23rd, 2014 at 5:31:36 AM permalink

You think that we would get that the chance to elect the "first" just because it is a "first" may be a great selling point but it leads to a poor result.

I never got the big deal about the "first x" anything. All you are doing is saying someone has done something that has been done before.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
March 23rd, 2014 at 1:10:35 PM permalink
This appears to be the most updated Nate Silver prediction of Senate. Just the summary:

Quote:

So our forecast might be thought of as a Republican gain of six seats — plus or minus five. The balance has shifted slightly toward the GOP. But it wouldn’t take much for it to revert to the Democrats, nor for this year to develop into a Republican rout along the lines of 2010.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/fivethirtyeight-senate-forecast/
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
RonC
RonC
March 27th, 2014 at 7:00:24 AM permalink
This is a little off topic, but it was a fun read on the spin machines of politicians (heck, the story may even be true):

Information found by a researcher on a relative of Harry Reid:

"Remus Reid, horse thief, sent to Montana Territorial Prison 1885, escaped 1887, robbed the Montana Flyer six times. Caught by Pinkerton detectives, convicted and hanged in 1889"

Reply from Reid's office when asked about Remus:

"Remus Reid was a famous cowboy in the Montana Territory . His business empire grew to include acquisition of valuable equestrian assets and intimate dealings with the Montana railroad. Beginning in 1883, he devoted several years of his life to government service, finally taking leave to resume his dealings with the railroad. In 1887, he was a key player in a vital investigation run by the renowned Pinkerton Detective Agency.

In 1889, Remus passed away during an important civic function held in his honor when the platform upon which he was standing collapsed."

http://www.freezonemediacenternews.com/2014/03/great-great-uncle-remus-reid.html

Edit: This story is not true at all based on my research BUT it is kind of a funny take on how spin is developed...
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 27th, 2014 at 7:10:14 AM permalink

Reply from Reid's office when asked about Remus:

"Remus Reid was a famous cowboy in the Montana Territory . His business empire grew to include acquisition of valuable equestrian assets and intimate dealings with the Montana railroad. Beginning in 1883, he devoted several years of his life to government service, finally taking leave to resume his dealings with the railroad. In 1887, he was a key player in a vital investigation run by the renowned Pinkerton Detective Agency.

In 1889, Remus passed away during an important civic function held in his honor when the platform upon which he was standing collapsed."

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! You gotta love Hairy Reed!! :D
RonC
RonC
March 27th, 2014 at 7:16:30 AM permalink

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! You gotta love Hairy Reed!! :D

The point is more about the spin machine than this being a true story (it isn't...unless you believe that anything on the internet has to be true). This is the kind of thing we are constantly fed by the spin machine from both sides of the aisle...
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 27th, 2014 at 7:27:49 AM permalink

The point is more about the spin machine than this being a true story (it isn't...unless you believe that anything on the internet has to be true). This is the kind of thing we are constantly fed by the spin machine from both sides of the aisle...

Aw man, and I really wanted to have a good laugh at Hairy Reed's expense. lol
RonC
RonC
March 27th, 2014 at 7:34:14 AM permalink

Aw man, and I really wanted to have a good laugh at Hairy Reed's expense. lol

Nah--this one has been done about several politicians over the years.

I'm just getting ready for all the spin coming up in the election campaigns!!
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 28th, 2014 at 12:15:35 PM permalink
Really awkward! Obama speaks to crowd and only one person claps

(Lone clapper starts at 0:40)

RonC
RonC
March 28th, 2014 at 2:18:09 PM permalink

Really awkward! Obama speaks to crowd and only one person claps

Such a far cry from that rally in Germany where he was a rock star....
RonC
RonC
April 1st, 2014 at 4:28:25 AM permalink
I am so ready to get past Obama that is not even funny. He has done a horrible job as President and has no leadership ability. I realize that W. didn't set the world on fire but I am hoping that, once 8 long years of Obama are over, we can at least have arguments that don't have the line "Bush did it" in them...

I was talking to my unemployed, gay, alcohol-swilling, liberal Democrat brother-in-law last night about how poor I think Obama has done and all the promises that he has failed to keep...his retort--"Bush wasn't any better"...okay, we've determined that Bush wasn't great...but that is not an excuse for Obama.

I am anxious to get started on the next chapter with a new President...

For now, though, we still have to deal with the lies:

"Before the Obama administration gave an inaccurate narrative on national television that the Benghazi attacks grew from an anti-American protest, the CIA’s station chief in Libya pointedly told his superiors in Washington that no such demonstration occurred, documents and interviews with current and former intelligence officials show."

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/mar/31/cia-ignored-station-chief-in-libya-when-creating-t/#ixzz2xdJBNmJ9
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Of course his supporters think these are make-believe scandals. They have suspended disbelief, just like pro wrestling fans, and they just believe whatever they are told to believe.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 1st, 2014 at 5:34:22 AM permalink

I am so ready to get past Obama that is not even funny. He has done a horrible job as President and has no leadership ability. I realize that W. didn't set the world on fire but I am hoping that, once 8 long years of Obama are over, we can at least have arguments that don't have the line "Bush did it" in them...

I was talking to my unemployed, gay, alcohol-swilling, liberal Democrat brother-in-law last night about how poor I think Obama has done and all the promises that he has failed to keep...his retort--"Bush wasn't any better"...okay, we've determined that Bush wasn't great...but that is not an excuse for Obama.

When I get this, I explain where Bush was indeed better. Bush will go down as a fairly average POTUS on balance, but in leadership ability he runs circles around Obama. I think this guy's response shows that Obama's goodwill is now totally gone. His supporters now are just believing "if we don't support him Jones will come back!" But he can't rally them any longer. He will always have the black demographic, but as to those young, college Obamamaniacs they are no longer. The parallels to 2006 are eerie. Only difference is back then Bush supporters were tired defending a guy the media was attacking as well.

Quote:

Of course his supporters think these are make-believe scandals. They have suspended disbelief, just like pro wrestling fans, and they just believe whatever they are told to believe.

I have always said the effect this guy has on a certain kind of person is scary. It is the biggest cult of personality the USA has ever seen. Lots of people are just Democrat or liberal and will vote that way no matter what, that is going to happen. But some of his followers are near zombies to him. I don't get it.
RonC
RonC
April 3rd, 2014 at 3:35:46 PM permalink
The Benghazi "non-scandal" continues to look more like a scandal each day. I am not saying that it goes to the top but, at some relatively high level of government, they decided to protect Hillary Clinton's State Department.

Someone mentioned other terrorist events...they were all investigated. The investigation into this one has been slowed at every turn my the people who should want to get us answers. Delaying answers makes it looks like the problem goes higher than it might actually go...
RonC
RonC
April 6th, 2014 at 7:20:51 AM permalink
Grand jury to probe Christie’s role in Bridgegate

"The US Attorney in New Jersey is taking the investigation extremely seriously, and recently increased the number of investigators on the case from three to 10, sources told the Post."

http://nypost.com/2014/04/04/feds-form-grand-jury-to-probe-chris-christies-role-in-bridgegate/

Don't get me wrong--I think that an investigation is called for in this case. The politics of it are evident to anyone who looks--Republican governor and potential Presidential campaign potentially involved in something unseemly and we get an investigation within a few months. Any number of things that deserve an investigation by the Attorney General just get called "false scandals"...if they are so false, why not investigate them and show us they are false?
RonC
RonC
April 30th, 2014 at 4:12:43 AM permalink
So...this whole "fake" Benghazi scandal may not be as fake as some would like it to be:

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/04/29/krauthammer-benghazi-%E2%80%98-classic-cover-cover-up%E2%80%99

Now I know some of you will dispute this simply because it says "Fox" but, unless Fox is totally faking the email, consider this part of it:

"The email lists the following two goals, among others:

"To underscore that these protests are rooted in an Internet video, and not a broader failure of policy."

"To reinforce the President and Administration's strength and steadiness in dealing with difficult challenges.""

The second goal is something pretty much every administration wants to do and it is not scandalous in itself. The first goal is the one that should worry all of us, because the point of it is to convince us that everything is the fault of some darned old video that has been out for a while that has those pesky folks all riled up.

I know, Hillary said it all wasn't really that important at this point...so perhaps we should just leave it alone and let them tell us why everything happens without questioning them.

We should question EVERY administration...if they can't stand the heat, go run for dogcatcher or something else. Just putting a "D" or "R" by their name should not make them unaccountable to anyone of the same lettering...
ams288
ams288
April 30th, 2014 at 5:07:27 AM permalink
Benghazi again..... *yawn*
RonC
RonC
April 30th, 2014 at 8:54:34 AM permalink

Benghazi again..... *yawn*

That is the response that I expected. They have "run out the clock" for a lot of people with short attention spans and/or who don't feel this President, or his administration, should be accountable for anything.

After all, it doesn't really matter what happened because the four people would still be dead no matter how it was covered up...that was Hillary's official position, wasn't it?
ams288
ams288
May 2nd, 2014 at 1:13:59 PM permalink
Republicans just can't stop making fools of themselves over Benghazi. They should give it up. Indeed, the clock has been run out. The general public doesn't give a crap. Let's be honest, this is not about holding anyone accountable for anything, as much as you'd like to pretend. It's all about gaining political points - which is never going to work with anyone other than far righties with tin foil on their heads.

Darrel Issa is a tool

"Currently, Kerry is dealing with crises in Ukraine, Syria, Israel, South Sudan, North Korea and other spots around the globe, while Issa is hoping to learn more about why a committee subpoena didn't turn up an email about post-Benghazi talking points."
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
May 2nd, 2014 at 1:17:35 PM permalink

Republicans just can't stop making fools of themselves over Benghazi. They should give it up. Indeed, the clock has been run out. The general public doesn't give a crap. Let's be honest, this is not about holding anyone accountable for anything, as much as you'd like to pretend. It's all about gaining political points - which is never going to work with anyone other than far righties with tin foil on their heads.

Darrel Issa is a tool

"Currently, Kerry is dealing with crises in Ukraine, Syria, Israel, South Sudan, North Korea and other spots around the globe, while Issa is hoping to learn more about why a committee subpoena didn't turn up an email about post-Benghazi talking points."

Watergate had legs. Benghazi doesn't. Thats what upsets the right.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
RonC
RonC
May 2nd, 2014 at 1:27:00 PM permalink

Darrel Issa is a tool

The Democrats say that the Republicans should give up. Really? If the truth is that the Republicans really should give up, then it is in the Democrats best interest that the Republicans not give up. It isn't up to Pelosi or anyone on the other side to tell the Republicans when to give up.

If it hurts them in the election, that is their problem.
ams288
ams288
May 2nd, 2014 at 2:09:07 PM permalink

Darrel Issa is a tool

The Democrats say that the Republicans should give up. Really? If the truth is that the Republicans really should give up, then it is in the Democrats best interest that the Republicans not give up. It isn't up to Pelosi or anyone on the other side to tell the Republicans when to give up.

If it hurts them in the election, that is their problem.

I said they should give it up, don't attribute my quote to all democrats. But you make a valid point - they should keep their heads up their butts, it can only help democrats.
TerribleTom
TerribleTom
  • Threads: 8
May 2nd, 2014 at 2:30:13 PM permalink
scratch that
RonC
RonC
May 3rd, 2014 at 4:37:19 AM permalink

I said they should give it up, don't attribute my quote to all democrats. But you make a valid point - they should keep their heads up their butts, it can only help democrats.

I'm attributing the same thought that you mentioned to some people who have also mentioned it on the "D" side--Pelosi and others. It isn't up to them to decide what "R" strategy should be--and they shouldn't waste time talking about it. If you are talking too much about what the other guy is doing, the question that comes to me is "what are you doing?" My point is this--let each side screw up on their own if they insist on doing that.

Transparency is a bad word in this administration. They could have stopped every Republican question that is still out there about Benghazi with a dose of transparency. They didn't, so someone has to dig through the pile of bullshit tossed out there as the "truth" about the matter. The same thing happens every time there is a cover-up...on either side. Someone has to have the stamina to dig through the crap and figure out whether there is something really bad or just mildly smelly at the bottom. Left unchecked, politicians on both sides of the aisle will take as much power as we are willing to cede to them.
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
May 4th, 2014 at 1:24:11 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Transvestite Drag Queens are quite the opposite. The offensiveness is not per se the fact that they are gay. It is how camped up they act in the show. Some folks may like this kind of humor, but I have to agree that it is not proper behavior for a member of our armed forces to engage in as a performer.

Kelsey Grammer (who is openly Republican) appears in Broadway in “La Cage Aux Folles” featuring many actors who are performing as drag queens. Given that this kind of acting is in the mainstream, perhaps it shouldn't be as offensive if someone spoofs it in the military.
RonC
RonC
June 8th, 2014 at 2:50:20 PM permalink
The same type of idiots who condemned folks on the right for using maps and targets to show areas that their campaign needed to work hard in (even though some on the left used the same methods) are now lamenting the Republicans "Slow Attempted Murder" of Hillary Clinton...

The headline:

"The Slow Attempted Murder of Hillary Clinton Has Begun"

"So Republicans, desperate to strangle Hillary Clinton’s nascent 2016 presidential ambitions by any and all means necessary, including fake scandals and innuendo, are attacking her cover picture on People magazine – before it hits the newsstands today."

http://bluenationreview.com/slow-attempted-murder-hillary-clinton-begun/

They don't seem to notice that in the real world, all of the candidates are being attacked by their potential opponents in one way or another. Hillary? She's a viable candidate, if not a favorite of mine, so why would any expect any less than folks working to deny her the Presidency.

There is a group of people who are tired of the Clintons, the Obamas, and the Democrats, just as there is a group of people who will never tire of them. People notice Christie's weight, where Cruz was born, whatever...it's that season!!
RonC
RonC
June 17th, 2014 at 8:30:19 AM permalink
It looks like Hillary is not doing so well right this minute...her book is not selling well, she is making mistakes (flat broke or whatever she said), etc. It has been a rough week for her. Will it have an impact beyond this week or month?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2014/06/17/5_reasons_hillary_wont_run_123015.html

"4) Obama is leaving a mess. President Obama’s second term is complicating matters significantly for Hillary. His foreign policy, which Clinton helped direct for four years – is adrift."
terapined
terapined
June 17th, 2014 at 8:52:12 AM permalink

It looks like Hillary is not doing so well right this minute...her book is not selling well, she is making mistakes (flat broke or whatever she said), etc. It has been a rough week for her. Will it have an impact beyond this week or month?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2014/06/17/5_reasons_hillary_wont_run_123015.html

"4) Obama is leaving a mess. President Obama’s second term is complicating matters significantly for Hillary. His foreign policy, which Clinton helped direct for four years – is adrift."

She's doing great because Republicans have no idea who they will nominate to run against her.
Who will beat Clinton? Lets have a name.
Oddmakers in UK clearly have her in the lead. According to the odds, she is doing great.
RonC
RonC
June 17th, 2014 at 9:54:36 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

She's doing great because Republicans have no idea who they will nominate to run against her.
Who will beat Clinton? Lets have a name.
Oddmakers in UK clearly have her in the lead. According to the odds, she is doing great.

...and those odds clearly mean she will win!!

"In December 2006, President Obama’s odds of being elected president in 2008 were behind then-Sen. Hillary Clinton, Virginia Democratic Sen. Mark R. Warner, former Vice President Al Gore, former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean, and former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards, according to BETUS and 1800-Sports."

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/10/13/presidential-betting-odds-for-palin-in-2012-same-as-they-were-for-obama-two-years-before-2008-presidential-election/#ixzz34us7xtEG

Running from the front is not necessarily a good position to be in...
terapined
terapined
June 17th, 2014 at 11:53:34 AM permalink

...and those odds clearly mean she will win!!

"In December 2006, President Obama’s odds of being elected president in 2008 were behind then-Sen. Hillary Clinton, Virginia Democratic Sen. Mark R. Warner, former Vice President Al Gore, former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean, and former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards, according to BETUS and 1800-Sports."

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/10/13/presidential-betting-odds-for-palin-in-2012-same-as-they-were-for-obama-two-years-before-2008-presidential-election/#ixzz34us7xtEG

Running from the front is not necessarily a good position to be in...

It was tough competition for the Democratic nomination. All the above had a good chance of getting elected.
With the hard right turn the Republicans have taken getting rid of Cantor, I really dont see any republican as electable.
  • Jump to: