Thread Rating:

Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
March 13th, 2014 at 6:55:12 AM permalink
Commission Finds ‘No Compelling Medical Reason’ To Exclude Transgender Americans From Military

Seriously, what the heck is going on today? Someone needs to tell libs that the military exists to protect us, not to serve as some silly social experiment.
Fighting BS one post at a time!
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
March 15th, 2014 at 11:00:25 PM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

Commission Finds ‘No Compelling Medical Reason’ To Exclude Transgender Americans From Military

Seriously, what the heck is going on today? Someone needs to tell libs that the military exists to protect us, not to serve as some silly social experiment.

What does transgender have to do with serving in the military?
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
March 15th, 2014 at 11:16:55 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

The big problem is having to shower/bathe/bunk with transgendered or homosexual people. At basic our flight had a gay guy and he made many of us uncomfortable since we all had 5 minutes to shower as a flight so you really aren't concerned about getting unclothed in front of others, but many people had issues having to be exposed in front of a gay guy who was sexually turned on. The big problem too was we would all feel this way and told our MTI but his hands were tied since the scandal at Lackland just happened and any hint of sexual harassment could jeopardize his job.

As open and accepting as I am this was something that I didn't want a part of. Of course I'd be labeled a bigot for saying these things officially.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 15th, 2014 at 11:44:53 PM permalink
Quote: djatc

The big problem is having to shower/bathe/bunk with transgendered or homosexual people. At basic our flight had a gay guy and he made many of us uncomfortable since we all had 5 minutes to shower as a flight so you really aren't concerned about getting unclothed in front of others, but many people had issues having to be exposed in front of a gay guy who was sexually turned on.

Thank you for this post. This is a major issue that libs (including people on this board) love to gloss over. They act like showering with a gay guy is no big deal, yet I highly doubt that they've showered with gay guys themselves.

*facepalm*
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
March 16th, 2014 at 5:09:07 AM permalink

Right! It is not disruptive to military efficiency or anything like that.

Seriously, you do not have a "right" to serve in the military. Many things just do not belong there.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
March 16th, 2014 at 7:13:05 AM permalink

The big problem is having to shower/bathe/bunk with transgendered or homosexual people.

I'm sorry that you were raped by the transgendered or homosexual people. Maybe if you work out a little more, you can fight off those advances.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
March 16th, 2014 at 7:52:36 AM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

I'm sorry that you were raped by the transgendered or homosexual people. Maybe if you work out a little more, you can fight off those advances.

Would you have given the same advice to Sandusky's targets?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
djatc
djatc
March 16th, 2014 at 12:06:09 PM permalink

Sounds like a personal insult to me.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
March 16th, 2014 at 2:48:13 PM permalink

The big problem is having to shower/bathe/bunk with transgendered or homosexual people. At basic our flight had a gay guy and he made many of us uncomfortable

If you go to a gym, you shower with 'those people'. In high school gym class, you showered with 'those people'. How many of 'them' made you feel uncomfortable throughout your life? Can you relate one anecdote from your personal experiences?
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
March 16th, 2014 at 4:04:15 PM permalink

Sounds like a personal insult to me.

Sounds more like someone who wants to force you to feel that they think you should feel.

You can't have any kind of a discussion with someone like that...
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
March 16th, 2014 at 5:13:59 PM permalink
Maybe there is treatment for "heterosexual shower taking with a gay observer". The military offers treatment for ptsd related to war, treatment for troops with missing limbs and other traumatic injuries.

Believe me this is nothing to laugh at.

Oh my!
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 16th, 2014 at 8:40:09 PM permalink
How many guys would let another guy shower with their wives? Or their 18-year-old daughters?

I didn't think so.
rxwine
rxwine
March 16th, 2014 at 9:06:29 PM permalink
18 year old daughters? How about 13 or 14 year-old daughters?

As SOOPOO kindly pointed out, high school gym classes start everyone off earlier than that. They don't put gays/lesbians in separate areas.

Try to find a train back to whatever century you want to live in.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 16th, 2014 at 9:32:30 PM permalink
Another tangent & NO answer to the question. Figures. LOL
rxwine
rxwine
March 16th, 2014 at 9:42:54 PM permalink

Another tangent & NO answer to the question. Figures. LOL

What a lame diversion. It's doesn't work. And you posted about sugar. You don't know what tangent means I guess. Likewise you don't bother to call out everyone in the thread who is off topic so it's not tangents you actually care about.

I'm sick of excuses.

But let's hear some more. lol

Oh facepalm!
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 16th, 2014 at 9:57:00 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

What a lame diversion.

The guy who refuses to answer my question accuses ME of a "diversion"? LOL!

Let me try again...would you let another man shower with your wife? Or your 18-year-old daughter? (I'm actually hoping that you refuse to answer and go off on another tangent so that everyone can see it for themselves) ;)
rxwine
rxwine
March 16th, 2014 at 10:15:50 PM permalink

The guy who refuses to answer my question accuses ME of a "diversion"? LOL!

Let me try again...would you let another man shower with your wife? Or your 18-year-old daughter? (I'm actually hoping that you refuse to answer and go off on another tangent so that everyone can see it for themselves) ;)

You haven't even complied to answering questions I've asked you in the past. You don't follow any system you require of others. Sorry pal.

Homie don't play that.

ALSO DOES ANYONE NEED PROOF BEETHOVEN9TH SOMETIMES AVOIDS ANSWERING QUESTIONS?

ANYONE HERE EVER HAVE A PROBLEM GETTING A STRAIGHT ANSWER FROM BEETHOVEN9TH?

LOL.
rxwine
rxwine
March 16th, 2014 at 10:18:24 PM permalink
Ready set go, Next ploy.

Go ahead when ready.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 16th, 2014 at 10:52:39 PM permalink

Homie don't play that.

That's obviously not true considering that you're "playing" right now. You make this WAY too easy...lol

I'll try again.....would you let another man shower with your wife? Or your 18-year-old daughter?
rxwine
rxwine
March 16th, 2014 at 11:48:44 PM permalink

That's obviously not true considering that you're "playing" right now. You make this WAY too easy...lol

I'll try again.....would you let another man shower with your wife? Or your 18-year-old daughter?

No, you can' even get what I said right. You don't play by your own rules of engagement, but expecting others to do it is extremely dishonorable.
rxwine
rxwine
March 16th, 2014 at 11:52:24 PM permalink
In other words, demanding answers when avoiding and weaseling on your own answers doesn't deserve respect. That's what you've done in the past, and that's what I don't play.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 16th, 2014 at 11:58:08 PM permalink

No, you can' even get what I said right. You don't play by your own rules of engagement, but expecting others to do it is extremely dishonorable.

Then why do you continually respond to me? You obviously DO want to engage. lol

In other words, demanding answers when avoiding and weaseling on your own answers doesn't deserve respect.

*facepalm*

Not true in the least, and the fact that you offer no proof is quite telling.

That's what you've done in the past, and that's what I don't play.

You "don't play", yet you've responded to my posts for over a YEAR now?!? lol
rxwine
rxwine
March 17th, 2014 at 12:20:09 AM permalink
s2baker asked you multiple times for an answer

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/off-topic/11186-decision-2012/203/

So, those are the ethics you practice.

So are you going to deny that you didn't bother to answer and lie straight out?
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 17th, 2014 at 12:28:03 AM permalink

So are you going to deny that you didn't bother to answer and lie straight out?

Haha...the only example you can come up with is an instance where the questioner already knows the answer himself, yet he just wants to "play along"?? I guess I should have expected such a lame example from you. :D
rxwine
rxwine
March 17th, 2014 at 12:31:32 AM permalink
Proof of dishonesty. Thanks.
rxwine
rxwine
March 17th, 2014 at 12:32:34 AM permalink
You can't admit you're wrong to a simple thing, much less more important. One wonders.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 17th, 2014 at 12:32:53 AM permalink

Proof of dishonesty

Sure is. Only it's not mine. ;)
rxwine
rxwine
March 17th, 2014 at 12:35:52 AM permalink
Guy asks for proof, gets it, then pretends it doesn't matter. That's how you play. Everyone sees.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 17th, 2014 at 12:38:20 AM permalink

Guy asks for proof, gets it, then pretends it doesn't matter. That's how you play. Everyone sees.

Guy asks for proof. Gets a lame technicality in response, but no real proof. Then other guy pretends it matters. That's how you play. Everyone sees.
djatc
djatc
March 17th, 2014 at 1:23:41 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

If you go to a gym, you shower with 'those people'. In high school gym class, you showered with 'those people'. How many of 'them' made you feel uncomfortable throughout your life? Can you relate one anecdote from your personal experiences?

I've been out all day so I apologize I took a while to reply.

The thing about being exposed is that most people don't like it, especially if they are subject to sexual scrutiny. I understand that in school you have to shower with gay people, or transgendered if they are born male, but you can choose not to shower at school, or at a sporting event.

In the military, you don't have a choice as to when you do anything at basic. You're told to do something, and if it's within reason you obey, no questions asked. We have grooming and hygiene standards that must be followed to the letter, and there is no time to do anything beyond reporting being uncomfortable being nude around a homosexual. Like I said in the previous post, our MTI did not have the authority to remove this guy since there was nothing he could do as well. I do not have a problem with somebody's sexual preferences as long as it's legal and doesn't hurt anyone. The problem was that we were forced to become objects of sexuality without our consent. We didn't have a problem with the guy's lifestyle (he was actually in the closet big time, referred to gay people as "fags"), including guys from the South that have different opinions about the LGBT lifestyle.

Little problems like this are going to cause friction within a flight/squadron/unit. Do we really want our troops out in the field having to worry about these things, or fighting for our country? When we start opening the floodgates we must have rules set in place that takes care of issues before they come up.
rxwine
rxwine
March 17th, 2014 at 1:38:06 AM permalink
Here's another exchange where B9 asks for answers but doesn't answer the question asked. Oh snap, more proof Beethoveen.

Quote: steeldco

I believe that I understand your view point. Please correct me if I am wrong. It seems that you are saying that your having formulated an opinion therefore makes your opinion the correct one.

Quote: Beethoveen9th

OK, I will correct you since you are wrong. Here's the question I had asked you (the one you never answered): If a person is unsure whether or not 2 + 2 = 4, then is that person more open-minded than somebody who's sure about the answer?

Please answer the question this time.

No worries. It's kind of a ridiculous question but no worries. Sure that person is open-minded. He would be stating, with an honest opinion, that he is believes that 2+2=4 but is really not sure. I think everyone could live with that. Does that make him intelligent? No. Does that mean everyone who is open-minded is highly intelligent? No. But someone who realizes that they are not always right on complex issues IS more intelligent, or at least has some common sense.

Now answer the question I posed to you. The one that asked whether I am understanding that you feel that your opinion is absolutely correct, just because it is you who formulated it. You feel that you could not possibly made an error.

LOL...you still didn't answer the question!! I say it once more. Slowly, this time:

If a person is unsure whether or not 2 + 2 = 4, then is that person more open-minded than somebody who's sure about the answer?

Apparently I just answered it in too complex of a manner for you to comprehend. I'll dumb it down for you. Yes. He is more open minded. Please look up the definition of open-minded if you still feel confused.

Quote: Beethoven

Actually, I think you did a good job of confusing yourself. lol!

So let's see, one person is sure that 2 + 2 = 4, another is unsure.....and you claim that the unsure person is more open-minded, while the sure person is more closed-minded? My god, that is so bizarre.

Anyway, I think I'll let your statement stand for itself and let the readers decide. (Abraham Lincoln's famous quote about "Better to remain silent..." comes to mind)

Sounds good. Trying using a dictionary or looking up the meaning of open-minded on the internet. You may find it useful.

BTW beethoven, I earlier had posted a question to you for which you have not responded. Do you care to reply?

Quote: Beethoven

Nah, we'll just let the readers judge your bizarre statement along with my non-response. I'm confident they'll come to the proper conclusion. ;)

BEETHOVEN ENDS UP NOT ANSWERING QUESTION ASKED BUT WANTS ANSWER TO HIS.

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/general/15564-obamacare-poll-ii/17/
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 17th, 2014 at 1:39:21 AM permalink

Here's another exchange where B9 asks for answers but doesn't answer the question asked.

Oh snap, more proof Beethoveen.

Oh snap, another example where the guy already knows the answer to the question he asks. Each new post of yours keeps getting sillier & sillier. lol :D

It's like me saying: "What's 2+2? What's 4+4? What's 8+8? What year is it? What's the name of our country? Does the sun rise up in the morning?"

And after you fail to answer, victoriously crying: "See, you don't answer people's questions! Ha ha ha...ho ho ho...hee hee hee!"

That's basically how you're acting.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 17th, 2014 at 1:47:25 AM permalink

The thing about being exposed is that most people don't like it, especially if they are subject to sexual scrutiny...

The problem was that we were forced to become objects of sexuality without our consent...

Little problems like this are going to cause friction within a flight/squadron/unit. Do we really want our troops out in the field having to worry about these things, or fighting for our country?

+10

Unless someone is willing to let his own wife or his own 18-year-old daughter shower with an unknown man, I really don't know why this whole issue is so hard for some people to understand.
rxwine
rxwine
March 17th, 2014 at 2:04:04 AM permalink

Oh snap, another example where the guy already knows the answer to the question he asks. Each new post of yours keeps getting sillier & sillier. lol :D

It's like me saying: "What's 2+2? What's 4+4? What's 8+8? What year is it? What's the name of our country? Does the sun rise up in the morning?"

And after you fail to answer, victoriously crying: "See, you don't answer people's questions! Ha ha ha...ho ho ho...hee hee hee!"

That's basically how you're acting.

Keep tap dancing.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 17th, 2014 at 4:55:43 AM permalink
I think that B9 can have his question answered. No, if I had a daughter, I would, in general, not want her to be showering with random males, if there is a viable alternative. Most places that have showers have two separate areas as there are two distinct genders. The real world we live in has been like that for centuries. As I have been in this real world my entire life, and by definition must have showered with untold numbers of gay men, with never a moment of discomfort, I am quite comfortable in continuing to have single sex showering areas. To my knowledge there are very few dual sex showering areas. Thus putting men, with no learned experience at dual sex showering, into that brand new situation, would not be something they are used to in the real world. My guess is that nudists, as an example, who are used to seeing the members of the opposite sex nude, would have no problem with dual sex showering facilities.
So perhaps in the future, the sexes will shower together, but in general they do not now. Gays and straights have showered together for as long as there have been gays and straights. Men and women have not.
Dicenor33
Dicenor33
  • Threads: 1
March 17th, 2014 at 5:27:14 AM permalink
Europe has unisex restroom now. No signs for males, females only.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 17th, 2014 at 5:45:17 AM permalink

Gays and straights have showered together for as long as there have been gays and straights. Men and women have not.

But this is the part of the argument I honestly don't get.

I totally agree that men have showered together & women have showered together for ages. So yes, it's tradition. BUT there's another tradition that's been around for just as long—marriage between a man & a woman.

So what I'm wondering is: Why don't we dare touch the "showering" tradition, yet the "marriage" tradition needs to be reversed as fast as humanly possible??

I'm just looking to find some consistency here, yet I don't find any when it comes to gay showering OR gay marriage. Seems like gay supporters all around the country always want to have their cake and eat it too.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
March 17th, 2014 at 5:59:09 AM permalink

Little problems like this are going to cause friction within a flight/squadron/unit. Do we really want our troops out in the field having to worry about these things, or fighting for our country? When we start opening the floodgates we must have rules set in place that takes care of issues before they come up.

Oy.

Like SOOPOO, it is more than likely that I've showered with gay men, that I've "been forced to become an object of sexuality without my consent" (makes me giggle XD) If we assume 10% of the population is gay, then I've showered with a gay man approximately 600 times. I may have even turned some gay, as I am a beautiful man (XD) And, as they say on the intertron, not a single #@$% was given.

You know what would bother me as a soldier? To have some radical religious watching my back. Someone who believes everything is the will of God, or that He controls the outcome, or that his life and service is in the name of Him. I would be terrified to think that the man who's there to protect me is leaving his own protection to faith. Talk about a distraction? I'd lose it.

Yet we don't disallow religion in the service. It seems it is rather encouraged. So what? Do we make all sorts of rules and exceptions as to what we will allow and what we will not based on people being "uncomfortable"?

Gimme a break. If you're a soldier, then you're there to do a job and should have the constitution of self to do it no matter the atmosphere. You got guys planting IEDs, friends losing life and limb, projectiles flying at you at 2,000' p/sec,... and you're worried about some guy looking at you naked? We're really having this conversation?
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 17th, 2014 at 6:14:02 AM permalink

But this is the part of the argument I honestly don't get.

I totally agree that men have showered together & women have showered together for ages. So yes, it's tradition. BUT there's another tradition that's been around for just as long—marriage between a man & a woman.

So what I'm wondering is: Why don't we dare touch the "showering" tradition, yet the "marriage" tradition needs to be reversed as fast as humanly possible??

I'm just looking to find some consistency here, yet I don't find any when it comes to gay showering OR gay marriage. Seems like gay supporters all around the country always want to have their cake and eat it too.

I guess I would answer you this way.... Fortunately, we have evolved enough to allow gay marriage. I'll use me as an example. I would guess a decade ago I would have voted against gay marriage. But I think that having seen enough examples of committed same sex couples, that I now realize that there are more similarities than differences, and that the overall good of allowing them to be happy and legally protected and not ostracized, outweighs my negative visceral feelings towards the actual act of gay sex. I don't see anyone being hurt by continuing the tradition of one gender showering areas, but I do see many being hurt by limiting same sex marriages.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 17th, 2014 at 7:02:44 AM permalink

I don't see anyone being hurt by continuing the tradition of one gender showering areas, but I do see many being hurt by limiting same sex marriages.

I guess what I don't understand is why djatc (and the others who were with him) should be the subject of ridicule just because he didn't want to be ogled in the showers by a gay guy.

Here's a hypothetical. Let's say I have an 18-year-old son and an 18-year-old daughter.

Daughter calls one day & says: "Hey dad, a creep who is sexually interested in me was ogling me in the showers!"
And then son calls afterward & says: "Hey dad, a creep who is sexually interested in me was ogling me in the showers!"

I'm really supposed to tell my daughter: "Let's get the creepy bastard!"
...while telling my son: "No biggie, you need to toughen up, kid!"

That doesn't sound like equal treatment to me.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 17th, 2014 at 7:22:45 AM permalink

I guess what I don't understand is why djatc (and the others who were with him) should be the subject of ridicule just because he didn't want to be ogled in the showers by a gay guy.

Here's a hypothetical. Let's say I have an 18-year-old son and an 18-year-old daughter.

Daughter calls one day & says: "Hey dad, a creep who is sexually interested in me was ogling me in the showers!"
And then son calls afterward & says: "Hey dad, a creep who is sexually interested in me was ogling me in the showers!"

I'm really supposed to tell my daughter: "Let's get the creepy bastard!"
...while telling my son: "No biggie, you need to toughen up, kid!"

That doesn't sound like equal treatment to me.

Where did I say it is ok to be harassed in the showers by anyone? As I have stated before, in my likely thousands of same sex showers, I have never been overtly 'ogled'. If a gay man made inappropriate gestures towards me, it would not be tolerated. I really don't think it is as much a problem, or even potential problem, as you think. I don't know how old you are, or if you play team sports, or work out in a gym, but seriously, have you ever had a gay man make inappropriate comments or advances to you?

Also... can a moderator please split this thread as I see the title is Election 2016. Thank you.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
March 17th, 2014 at 7:38:52 AM permalink

The big problem is having to shower/bathe/bunk with transgendered or homosexual people. At basic our flight had a gay guy and he made many of us uncomfortable since we all had 5 minutes to shower as a flight so you really aren't concerned about getting unclothed in front of others, but many people had issues having to be exposed in front of a gay guy who was sexually turned on. The big problem too was we would all feel this way and told our MTI but his hands were tied since the scandal at Lackland just happened and any hint of sexual harassment could jeopardize his job.

As open and accepting as I am this was something that I didn't want a part of. Of course I'd be labeled a bigot for saying these things officially.

I love how certain men have such high opinions of themselves that they believe every gay guy would "want" them
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 17th, 2014 at 7:42:34 AM permalink

As I have stated before, in my likely thousands of same sex showers, I have never been overtly 'ogled'.

That's because you've showered with guys in the closet, not openly gay guys. AFAIK, none of the straight guys in this thread have showered with any openly gay guys.

...but seriously, have you ever had a gay man make inappropriate comments or advances to you?

No, but again those guys were in the closet, not openly gay.

Djatc said that it was a problem for him and all the other guys. If my 18-year-old daughter felt the same way about a creep in the showers, I'd never tell her, "It's no big deal."
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 17th, 2014 at 7:43:16 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

The problem with this argument is you're conflating marriage with showering.... It's just a flat out stupid comparison.

Oh boy, you again...lol. You just like Twird. Whenever gay issues are discussed, you guys pop up out of nowhere. :D

We've truly gotten to the point in the debate where anti-gay marriage people have got NOTHING left to support their bigotry except dumb comparisons about showering and polygamists...

Oh wow, a personal insult? Keep the personal insults coming. ;)

Hate to break it to you, but there is no connection between who should be able to marry who and who should be able to shower with who at the gym

When you have inconsistent views, there is no connection between anything. Duh!
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
March 17th, 2014 at 7:45:29 AM permalink

We've truly gotten to the point in the debate where anti-gay marriage people have got NOTHING left to support their bigotry except dumb comparisons about showering and polygamists...

Oh wow, a personal insult? Keep the personal insults coming. ;)

You are absolutely bigoted against gays. You said two men kissing is "disgusting."

I don't consider that to be a personal insult, and I will not take it back or apologize for it.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
ams288
ams288
March 17th, 2014 at 7:46:12 AM permalink

That's because you've showered with guys in the closet, not openly gay guys. AFAIK, none of the straight guys in this thread have showered with any openly gay guys.

No, but again those guys were in the closet, not openly gay.

WHOA, this is truly hilarious.

You're confusing openly gay vs. closeted with discreet vs. highly effeminate/obviously gay. Just because you can't tell a guy is gay by looking at him doesn't mean he's closeted. lol

I'm sure in all of his same sex showers, SOOPOO has showered with some "openly gay" men. Had he asked them, "are you gay?" they would have responded "yes." But why on earth would anyone ask that to another guy in a public shower?

*facepalm*
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 17th, 2014 at 7:48:24 AM permalink

You are absolutely bigoted against gays

A personal insult now? Tsk tsk!

Why must you resort to insults????
ams288
ams288
March 17th, 2014 at 7:51:46 AM permalink

A personal insult now? Tsk tsk!

Why must you resort to insults????

Typical beethoven9th circular conversation:

Me: You're bigoted against gays
B9: Why resort to personal insults?
Me: It's not a personal insult, here's why I think you're bigoted against gays:

and THIS is why:

So true. It makes me want to vomit. It's frustrating too because one time I made such a comment, and one of my liberal friends told me that it was kind of a bigoted thing to say.

I was like....WTF???? How the hell is it bigoted if I find 2 guys kissing to be disgusting?!

Sorry, but that's one of the most bigoted posts I've ever read on a a heavily moderated discussion board.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 17th, 2014 at 7:56:45 AM permalink

Typical beethoven9th circular conversation:

Me: You're bigoted against gays
Me: It's not a personal insult, here's why I think you're bigoted against gays:

Typical ams288 conversation:

Me: I oppose gay marriage
ams: You're a bigot!
Me: I oppose repealing Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Me: I find certain types of behavior to be disgusting.

Whatever. So can I call you a bigot for disagreeing with my beliefs?
ams288
ams288
March 17th, 2014 at 7:59:56 AM permalink

Typical ams288 conversation:

Me: I oppose gay marriage
Me: I oppose repealing Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Me: I find certain types of behavior to be disgusting.

Whatever. So can I call you a bigot for disagreeing with my beliefs?

Nope, not for disagreeing with bigoted beliefs.

Definition of bigotry:

Quote:

Bigotry is the state of mind of a bigot: someone who, as a result of their prejudices, treats or views other people with fear, distrust, hatred, contempt, or intolerance on the basis of a person's opinion, ethnicity, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, socioeconomic status, or other characteristics.

I think your post successfully satisfied the definition, and therefore it was NOT a personal insult. Sorry. :)
  • Jump to: