Thread Rating:

Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
Joined: Jul 30, 2012
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 5072
November 6th, 2013 at 2:48:56 AM permalink
I'm starting this thread only because the "Decision 2012" thread is becoming outdated.

After Chris Christie's 22-point victory earlier tonight in the NJ gubernatorial race, I predict that there will be a steady drumbeat from the mainstream media to install him as the Republican nominee for president in 2016. It will be just like when they pushed for McCain in '08 and Romney in '12.

Mark my words, if Christie is the nominee in '16, he will be a guaranteed LOSER.


*EDIT: It might not be a smart thing for me to do, but my bet with the Wizard is officially on. I'm giving up 2-1 odds against Christie. If he's the GOP nominee, and he wins the general election, then the Wizard wins $100. If he's the GOP nominee and loses, then I win $50. If he's not the GOP nominee, then no action.
Fighting BS one post at a time!
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1332
  • Posts: 21932
November 6th, 2013 at 3:11:32 AM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

Mark my words, if Christie is the nominee in '16, he will be a guaranteed LOSER.



Will you lay 2 to 1 on that?
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
Joined: Jun 10, 2010
  • Threads: 51
  • Posts: 3259
November 6th, 2013 at 3:21:35 AM permalink
Empty suit or empty heart.

You make the call.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
Joined: Jul 30, 2012
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 5072
November 6th, 2013 at 4:13:50 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Will you lay 2 to 1 on that?


Hmm...that's awfully tempting. 1.5 to 1 would probably be more fair, BUT there's not a doubt in my mind that Christie will lose if he's nominated.

If we did bet, and if (by some freak occurrence) I lost, can I just mail you the money? I don't want to show my face after a loss. ;)
Fighting BS one post at a time!
Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 154
  • Posts: 5701
November 6th, 2013 at 4:47:33 AM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

I'm starting this thread only because the "Decision 2012" thread is becoming outdated.

After Chris Christie's 22-point victory earlier tonight in the NJ gubernatorial race, I predict that there will be a steady drumbeat from the mainstream media to install him as the Republican nominee for president in 2016. It will be just like when they pushed for McCain in '08 and Romney in '12.

Mark my words, if Christie is the nominee in '16, he will be a guaranteed LOSER.



I actually think he is the only chance the Repubs have to be able to win over some indys. I still feel it is a lost cause because there will be such a groundswell of support from the media to elect the first female President that issues really wont make a different to the people who have only voted twice in their life, 2008 & 2012. And that group took elections that were close in the past and turned them into blowouts. Obama will out there every day of his last year campaigning for Hillary and will get the vote out.

And if you look at an electorial map, where are the states that a GOPer could gain from what Romney did? It is a hard road when so many states are already decided.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
Joined: Jul 30, 2012
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 5072
November 6th, 2013 at 4:58:07 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

I still feel it is a lost cause because there will be such a groundswell of support from the media to elect the first female President...


Totally agree.

The Democrat candidate has only one opponent to beat: the Republican. OTOH, the Republican has THREE opponents: the Democrat candidate, the Hollywood elite, and the mainstream media.

Not even Ronald Reagan would be able to overcome these 3 obstacles.
Fighting BS one post at a time!
vendman1
vendman1
Joined: Mar 12, 2012
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 1034
November 6th, 2013 at 5:21:35 AM permalink
The big factor in 2016 and beyond, is the changing demographic landscape of America. There are increasingly few states that the Republicans have any real shot to win in a presidential election. Including most of the big ones....CA, FL, and NY are all reliably democratic now. MI, OH, PA...not far behind. For the republicans to win a national election..they'd have to win essentially everything else. It's going to be hard for them regardless of the candidates involved.

Until people wake up and realize BOTH major parties are only interested in growing and/or preserving their power base. Sadly, what is good for America is secondary to both Dems and Repubs. Both parties exist at this point as much to obstruct the other party as anything else. No real or meaningful change in America will be possible, within the existing power structure. THROW ALL THE BUMS OUT>>>ESPECIALLY YOUR CONGRESSPERSON AND SENATORS.
chickenman
chickenman
Joined: Nov 1, 2009
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 997
November 6th, 2013 at 6:00:41 AM permalink
Quote: vendman1

THROW ALL THE BUMS OUT>>>ESPECIALLY YOUR CONGRESSPERSON AND SENATORS.


+1

Good advice, but, as we say around these parts: the fish rots from the head down so start with presidont and keep going...
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1332
  • Posts: 21932
November 6th, 2013 at 6:54:22 AM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

Hmm...that's awfully tempting. 1.5 to 1 would probably be more fair, BUT there's not a doubt in my mind that Christie will lose if he's nominated.

If we did bet, and if (by some freak occurrence) I lost, can I just mail you the money? I don't want to show my face after a loss. ;)



Our bet would be contingent on Christie getting the GOP nomination. Otherwise, no action. Mailing the money will be fine. I'm looking to keep this small and friendly like your $100 against my $50.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
speedycrap
speedycrap
Joined: Oct 13, 2013
  • Threads: 42
  • Posts: 1137
November 6th, 2013 at 7:20:12 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Our bet would be contingent on Christie getting the GOP nomination. Otherwise, no action. Mailing the money will be fine. I'm looking to keep this small and friendly like your $100 against my $50.


You are a big and serious gambler. I was thinking maybe $10.
Hillary cost me $20-30 last election. I bet her over him and I lost. I thought America was ready for a female president plus Bill was big help for her. Why? Bill was leaving her alone at night so she could concentrate on more serious political issues.
Also, I thought America would be ready for a black president AFTER a female president.
I think America mixes up the order. I am with you and I will bet Hillary to win 2016 against anyone. I will bet big this time, $50 US, settle through paypal or mail. I am in Canada but will cross the border to mail the CASH.
any taker?????

  • Jump to: