Thread Rating:

SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 5364
Thanks for this post from:
RS
February 20th, 2019 at 6:01:31 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

How about this
He wins 125 million or the Post settles for 125 million in 1 year from today, I pay you 100.00.
He only has to win 1/2 of what he is demanding
He does not get the 125 mil after 1 year, I win 100.00



Huh? No one has said or even implied he will get that much. Just that there will be a settlement. Barring a leak, we will never know how much the settlement is, unless for some reason the WP has to make it public.

You said "no way he gets a settlement". That is clear and simple. Are you changing your mind?
terapined
terapined
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 4705
February 20th, 2019 at 6:05:17 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

You said "no way he gets a settlement". That is clear and simple. Are you changing your mind?



Did I offer a bet when I made that statement?
I'm watching Duke NC tonight
No way Duke loses tonight
Am I willing to bet a 100 on Duke, nope. but I still believe no way Duke loses :-)
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
unJon
unJon
Joined: Jul 1, 2018
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 843
February 20th, 2019 at 6:09:18 PM permalink
If you aren’t willing to bet it, then you don’t really believe it.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
rxwine
rxwine
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
  • Threads: 156
  • Posts: 8173
Thanks for this post from:
MichaelBluejay
February 20th, 2019 at 6:11:41 PM permalink
Since we're also talking about Bezos; it could be rash to assume he settles. The Enquirer tried to blackmail him (alleged) and he wasn't having it, so I know he isn't risk adverse.
prisoner of gravity
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
Joined: Dec 1, 2010
  • Threads: 10
  • Posts: 257
February 20th, 2019 at 6:11:51 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Did I offer a bet when I made that statement?
I'm watching Duke NC tonight
No way Duke loses tonight
Am I willing to bet a 100 on Duke, nope. but I still believe no way Duke loses :-)



No, I made the offer of a bet. I just want to see if you are willing to "put your money where your mouth is".
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 4710
February 20th, 2019 at 6:20:31 PM permalink
Quote: Fleaswatter

No, I made the offer of a bet. I just want to see if you are willing to "put your money where your mouth is".



Terapined has “put his money where his mouth is” several times on these boards.

Off the top of my head I believe he made a (losing) bet that there would be no summit with Kim Jong Un and a (winning) bet that Dems would take back the house in 2018.
Lock him up!
unJon
unJon
Joined: Jul 1, 2018
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 843
February 20th, 2019 at 6:22:35 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Terapined has “put his money where his mouth is” several times on these boards.

Off the top of my head I believe he made a (losing) bet that there would be no summit with Kim Jong Un and a (winning) bet that Dems would take back the house in 2018.

No one is questioning whether he is willing to bet when he believes the odds are favorable. This is a site dedicated to gambling after all. It’s a question of whether he was willing to make a bet about this.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
petroglyph
petroglyph
Joined: Jan 3, 2013
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 2929
February 20th, 2019 at 9:18:22 PM permalink
President Macron of France has been gassing his own people for 15 weeks in a row. This should be on the "news" 24/7. Why no outrage? https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/a4btrn/macrons_government_uses_tear_gas_against_his_own/
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 417
  • Posts: 22366
Thanks for this post from:
AxelWolfRS
February 20th, 2019 at 10:46:04 PM permalink
The Covington kids lawyer says there could
be hundreds of potential lawsuits. CNN and
NBC are next. When you watch clip after clip,
all of these news services talking about a 16
year old kid as if he was the devil incarnate,
and you know the real story, it's abominable.

The lawsuit is 38 pages long, written by
somebody who's been trying cases like this
for 25 years. Even Dershowitz, after reading
it, said the kid has a reasonable case. The
lawyer said this will be ongoing for the next
two and a half years. Maybe this will finally
instill some sanity into a media that's gone
completely out of control. Watching them
report this unverified story, some of them
gleeful and jubilant that this happened.

Now they get to pay for their mistake.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
tringlomane
tringlomane
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 5805
February 20th, 2019 at 11:03:09 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Did I offer a bet when I made that statement?
I'm watching Duke NC tonight
No way Duke loses tonight
Am I willing to bet a 100 on Duke, nope. but I still believe no way Duke loses :-)



Duke got crushed tonight. They were screwed when Zion Williamson's shoe broke. I still have no clue how that happened.

  • Jump to: